• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ok, So Another New tamable... Again, We NEED MORE Stable Slots!!

B

Belmarduk

<blockquote><hr>

Yeah, there should be no slots at all. Tamers should be able to tame everything they want and have as many of each beast in their stable as they want. This would make the world go around sooooo much better...la

[/ QUOTE ]
I would say double the stableslots for the timebeing. Unlimited would open to many ways of abuse - Overloading the database-server just for spite is my first thought for example.
But yes me need more stableslots...la

A

Avalonia

As a player that has played a tamer character every time I've played UO since 2000 I have to say I simply don't agree. You know what happens when I get a much better weapon on my warriors? I smelt the one I had down or if it was good enough in its own right then I sell it. Greater dragons are a much better weapon then some of the pets that we had, so selling or releasing, or turning them into the zoo is not a horrible thing.

On a side note, this is a mount that takes 3 control slots as a new tamable. The best option we have to use it is to use it along side a nightmare, and unless it has the hp of at least a ww or a beetle and some really nice specials then it is kind of pointless because it will be a mount that should fall in the same category as the rune beetle or the wyrm not the nightmare. So far it has been that it is stronger than a nightmare...that means absolutely nothing if it is still weaker than a wyrm and beetle.

I have every intention of keeping my nightmare (nightmares are very special to me), but when it comes to the rest of my pets I can see myself parting with everything besides my beetle and my greater. That means even I do chose to get one of these new tames I only really plan on using four slots...5 slots if I decide to keep my copper colored cu, but I am unsure if I plan on doing that or not yet.

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

Still can only have 2 packies out even if there are more stable slots

[/ QUOTE ]

When did pack animals start to take 2 control slots...oh wait they don't. Pack horses/lamas only take 1 control slot which means you can have 5 out at a time.

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

I was just about to say "just make a decision, tame a new ride or keep all the ones you have"

but then i thought "goldsink alert! how about the cost of stabling a pet goes up to 25k per slot above your maximum"... i.e. you are at your max of 5/5 slots full. you want to stable a 6th, it costs 25k. You want to stable a 7th, 50k. and so on. To make it fair on tamers, you can only do this on 100 real skill or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Having 100 taming does not make you special. Why does taming have to be real but every other skill can use jewelry and not have people call you cheaters?

I really don't like the idea of a gold sink normal gaming element because contrary to popular belief, only a few players are swimming in gold. The rest are running almost constantly empty on gold and in many cases have to buy gold just to get by. No one should actually have to buy gold just because others can amass huge ammounts while they weren't lucky enough to place a house in Luna or later buy one.

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

<blockquote><hr>

May I ask you why you think so?
I assume you are a tamer and the current slot number is enough for you?
What would be the problem, if mythic was to increase the stable slot number?

[/ QUOTE ]
You may indeed!...

I think it's a bit of an odd thing to say 'I assume your a tamer', I have one yes but I also have 5 other characters who are not, I would in no way regard my tamer my main. Stable slots affect all charcters imo, my mule for example has a fire beetle and a giant beetle no need for any more. My tamer has 105 tame/105 lore (110 with tali) and 100 vet... I don't know how many stable slots that gives. I currently have 4 super dragons, a rune beetle, a mare &amp; a giant beetle on my tamer. I have previously had a lot of other pets too and even then never filled his stable, but currently I see no point owning any other than a super dragon &amp; beetle/mare combo. (I only have 4 super dragons becaue I'm going to be selling some when trained.) On another character (non tamer) I have a golem, a paroxysmus' swamp dragon and a war horse which is still fine as I can just ride one.

It's not a case of wether there'd be a problem (I'm not saying there would be one), when all this stuff from the ethereal void started dropping we didn't all start asking for extra bank/house space to store it in so I don't see why tamers should just because a new pet comes out. You don't have to keep old pets that you don't use which would give you space, or the alternative is you don't have to get the new pet (no one even knows if it's worth having yet). It's a similar thing to all this stuff for the hand ins, our choice was hoarde it all for years at the cost of our storage space, or don't.

The way I see it is they would need a reason TO do it, not a reason NOT TO. (because players want to have everything - old pets &amp; new pets - imo isn't a good enough reason when the rest of the time people have to chose what items they store) Obviously it's not down to me (&amp; I don't care if they decide to do it or not as I'm not asking anything of them), but you wanted my reasons and there they are.

(Just so thats clear - I'm not exactly campaigning against it! I just see no point in adding extra when what we have is already plenty adequate - doesn't it go up 1 slot per 5 points over 100 in the three taming skills? Seems way too many as it is to me.)

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

i agree, the whole system needs relooked into
at least let us ride ethy mounts when we have our greaters out.

speaking of greaters, how about boosting control slots , now that we have this 'uber' pet why can't we hunt with 2 normal dragons or 2 white wyrms like we use to be able to ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't like the idea of a 6th control slot. In theory it sounds awesome, but can you imagine the pain that 2 fully trained beetles could do. I think they should just drop the greater dragon to take four slots so that you can have a mount with it. The best solution now is to just get ninjitsu and turn yourself into a creature with great running speed.

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

No, that's alright, no need to be able to ride an ethy while controlling those big mean beasts. Lear to walk faster...la

[/ QUOTE ]

We can learn to walk faster...its call ninjitsu! La! J/K

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

Nah, a single greater dragon or one of these new tamables should do you just fine. Players should not have the power in PvM that tamers have.

NERF TAMERS!!!...la

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't want players to be able to solo the way that tamers can the solution is umm...reroll horde or alliance? I mean seriously, UO is based around players being able to solo almost anything and I have to tell you that with the right gear now almost any warrior style can keep up with tamers anyways. Mages with the right gear can keep up with both if you are a mage hybrid. Tamers are really not as overpowered as everyone wants to make them out to be.

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

I am waiting for the day that we have Greater Elite Ancient Elder Dragons of Hoard Carrying and Packie Dragons.

And it should take 15 years to build up to the 500 skill that it takes to tame them, you know, for balance. Or 3 months, if you powergame at least 40 hours a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't need to make packie dragons...they just need to give rune beetles back their old stats.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Tamers are really not as overpowered as everyone wants to make them out to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL

"All Kill"

next

"All Kill"

Yeah, I see how hard that might be...lol...la

G

However, the difference in your case is that you don't *have* to smelt down your warrior's weapons. You can store them too. And much as I love my chars weaponry, I don't hold any attachment to it. There isn't a weapon that compares to ww's that are nearly 8 years old or others I've spent many months training and hunting with. No amount of gold would buy those pets from me either, so why would I release pets that I've invested time in?

Not everyone uses all their stable slots, but I want to be able to help friends out in finding pets and certainly stable my crafter's pets. It's a bit silly that I'm thinking of making yet another tamer just to tame for others - because I have little choice

Wenchy

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Tamers are really not as overpowered as everyone wants to make them out to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL

"All Kill"

next

"All Kill"

Yeah, I see how hard that might be...lol...la

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup its about as hard as running a macro for flame strike, explosion, flame strike or running a macro for disarm steal isnt it? I mean seriously...if you think all we do is say all kill and stand there while they kill it then you obviously think that Veterinary is not in the game for a reason either. Some of the stuff we take on would and could be easier taken on by mages or archers...some of the stuff rips our pets apart. Most of the time I am stuck vetting the hell out of my pets while still casting greater heal on them...how much easier it would be to just tell them all kill and forget about it, but no that is not an option.

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

However, the difference in your case is that you don't *have* to smelt down your warrior's weapons. You can store them too. And much as I love my chars weaponry, I don't hold any attachment to it. There isn't a weapon that compares to ww's that are nearly 8 years old or others I've spent many months training and hunting with. No amount of gold would buy those pets from me either, so why would I release pets that I've invested time in?

Not everyone uses all their stable slots, but I want to be able to help friends out in finding pets and certainly stable my crafter's pets. It's a bit silly that I'm thinking of making yet another tamer just to tame for others - because I have little choice

Wenchy

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a peice of pixelated crack just like the weapon is. If you feel some sort of greater attachment to it then that is awesome for ya, but no one makes you feel that attachment and seeing its a game not real life I am not sure exactly how healthy that sense of attachment actually is (no offense meant).

G

Well, I'm not sentimental about all my pets, but it's like training a char and deleting it, you'd rather not, you've had fun playing with them and you don't want to rebuild all over from scratch
Some have characteristics that you can't get on fresh pets either, or are hard to find stats, colours etc.

And if we simply said to every mage and warrior, you can only have 14 spells or 14 weapons maximum, would they be happy? Then telling them that to have those 14 they'd need 120 in 3 skills? I don't mind a restriction if it applies to other classes hunting alongside me. But I do use all my pets, because they suit different situations. Just like a warrior's weapons. So I think it's crazy that at most we can have 14 pets, especially as stable storage takes no account of the # of slots the pet takes either.

Even if we were able to transform 1 container's worth of storage in a house into a stable boost instead. Offset any server load in doing so, then give us a way to claim pets at home. Then we've made a fair sacrifice of storage to hold them. I'd happily do that. I only packrat with my pets lol.

Wenchy

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

Well, I'm not sentimental about all my pets, but it's like training a char and deleting it, you'd rather not, you've had fun playing with them and you don't want to rebuild all over from scratch
Some have characteristics that you can't get on fresh pets either, or are hard to find stats, colours etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no issues dumping old characters that are now pointless. I recently dumped two characters that were warrior mages left over on an account from long ago. I kept the decent skills via soul stones and dumped the toons.

<blockquote><hr>

And if we simply said to every mage and warrior, you can only have 14 spells or 14 weapons maximum, would they be happy? Then telling them that to have those 14 they'd need 120 in 3 skills? I don't mind a restriction if it applies to other classes hunting alongside me. But I do use all my pets, because they suit different situations. Just like a warrior's weapons. So I think it's crazy that at most we can have 14 pets, especially as stable storage takes no account of the # of slots the pet takes either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those things are not even remotely comparable. For starters, most warriors don't have more than 14 weapons. They normally only have 3-5 really good weapons that they use for different situations. Most mages could get by with only 14 spells as long as they removed the pointless ones and not the ones that actually have a purpose.

Thing is that the tamer is still fine with 14 pets (you can only use one or two at a time in most cases unless you are using like a frenzy pack or something). Being that you can only use 1 or 2 at a time then 14 slots would allow 7 different hunting pairs (assuming that you had all pairs which is not even realistic when you add in anything with 4 or more control slots). I think that having 7 hunting pairs is plenty.

<blockquote><hr>

Even if we were able to transform 1 container's worth of storage in a house into a stable boost instead. Offset any server load in doing so, then give us a way to claim pets at home. Then we've made a fair sacrifice of storage to hold them. I'd happily do that. I only packrat with my pets lol.

Wenchy

[/ QUOTE ]

I can understand where you come from because I used to be the same way. After playing various games over my MMORPG career though I find it hard to get attached to anything that doesn't serve a greater purpose and for me pets that are pointless to hunt with do not serve a purpose. On the other hand, I am not about to abandon my mare no matter how full my stable is and no matter what pets come after it. I love the fact that my mare can kill dragons and bloods without me having to do more than cast a few greater heals...I just love mares.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You know what happens when I get a much better weapon on my warriors? I smelt the one I had down or if it was good enough in its own right then I sell it.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you don't have to...heck I have hundreds of weapons, armor pieces and jewelry lying around.

Its great that you don't need it, but that doesn't mean most others don't have a legitimate gripe...there are people in the game who do just fine with just a bankbox, does that mean we can just drop all houses?

G

It would be great if they made a house add-on or an NPC for houses. Each stabled pet would take up X amount of lockdowns.

A

Avalonia

I don't mean to imply that I would be against the change. You guys just haven't sold me on being for the change. I think that stable slots are fine as they are, but then again I don't horde pets. Some tamers get very attached to their pets. Hell, I still find myself talking to my pets when I am on my tamer. I'm saying stuff like good girl and stuff to my mare all the time and I'm proud of her when she amazes me by taking out another blood elemental or dragon with very little vetting. She amazed the hell out of me when she took the hits from Swoop better than my rune beetle did. Probably the only reason I still use my beetle instead of my greater is because I want to use my mare all the time that I possibly can.

So, while I can totally understand the arguement, I am simply not sold on having more stable slots. I'm not against it by any means though.

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

It would be great if they made a house add-on or an NPC for houses. Each stabled pet would take up X amount of lockdowns.

[/ QUOTE ]

A stable master at my house would be freaking awesome. I would actually want to be able to make pens though and they should show up in those pens.

G

rtlfc

In the last 'we need more stable slots' thread it was all discussed and Draconi (I think) Did mention that it's something that they want to do, but they just don't have the server space to do it on.
SO! how bout all of us that want more slots chip in together and buy em a super whizz bang hdd or something *grins*
There is no doubt in the Dev's minds that it needs to happen, they just have to make it work on the technical end.

Oh and PS typing la at the end of each post doesn't make you cool... complete opposite

G

I am not sure how that arguement makes sense though (server space).

How exactly does a pet really take up that much serverspace, its fairly limited how much information thats in there, compared to dozens of BODs or other items its not really that much.

Just make it go on lockdowns to your house and the problem with serverspace is solved.

K

Kratos Aurion

<blockquote><hr>

I am not sure how that arguement makes sense though (server space).

How exactly does a pet really take up that much serverspace, its fairly limited how much information thats in there, compared to dozens of BODs or other items its not really that much.

Just make it go on lockdowns to your house and the problem with serverspace is solved.

[/ QUOTE ]

server space is a lame excuse to a pethetic arguement. They probably have some sort of Raid server so even if they did have limited server space, just plop another drive in the bay and let it be written too!

/signed, more spots are good. its not like we're using all our pets at once...

J

JackBowe

More Slots! More Slots! More Slots! We need more slots for everyone. At least 2 more for all characters (need beetles, horse, packy etc.). Tamers need more too, there are a lot of great pets out there that tamers like to have but simply c an't because there is no room. Please! Please! Please! More Slots!

G

Went &amp; found it Katlene, it was Leurocian and this was the comment made:
Leu's Comment
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Come On man, you answer a who really gives a !!!! question like this but a thread that has 8 PAGES Stable Slots Doesn't get a Peep from you, Jeremy or anyone else in here.... I can really see it is a "Who Asks the question" forum now. Thanks alot
I'm really sorry for this sharp reply, but I feel we are being ignored with a legitimate concern for all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry SnakeMan. Didn't mean to ignore ya. The team does try to keep up with all the current player concerns and requests. I often have to read the boards on the weekends just to keep up.

In regards to extra stable slots, this is something personally that I would like to see happen in the game. I can't promise that, but I can certainly remind the team of this request and see what and how we'd like to do it if we decide to do it. No promises, of course. But I will bring it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

And for the people who want to know why we need more slots, Look at it this way. Would you hunt a blood ele with a repond slayer, a Dragon/WW/Ancient with a Ogre Slayer... Nope it's like that with pets, you don't take a Dragon/mare to kill a Savage for it will be dead in a heartbeat, you take a Ki or a dog. Same with other in game monsters &amp; pets, they each have a weakness &amp; strong point. That is why there is a need for more pets &amp; more stable slots.

G

<blockquote><hr>

And for the people who want to know why we need more slots, Look at it this way. Would you hunt a blood ele with a repond slayer, a Dragon/WW/Ancient with a Ogre Slayer... Nope it's like that with pets, you don't take a Dragon/mare to kill a Savage for it will be dead in a heartbeat, you take a Ki or a dog. Same with other in game monsters &amp; pets, they each have a weakness &amp; strong point. That is why there is a need for more pets &amp; more stable slots.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong. My mare does very well against savages, even 4 vs it. I always take it when guildies need swampies. And no, I don't use any bard skills.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ok, so another NEW Pet is introduced into this game.... So come on guys (Dev's) lets get on raising the amount of stable slots. You can't expect people to keep adding more pets to the already Crowded stables we have now can you ... We have asked for this 13 Pages of Players/Customers ASKING for more slots &amp; it's been side stepped. Seriously, it's time to do something about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Signed. Yet again.

Imagine having a 5-item limit on your bank box: that's what this stable thing is at the moment.

A LONG LONG time ago, there was a good reason for this. Control slots didn't exist, and tamers could run wild with herds of pets in tow. The need for limited stable space dies with the introduction of control slots, but I bet very few people even remember when that was. I certainly don't.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ok, so another NEW Pet is introduced into this game.... So come on guys (Dev's) lets get on raising the amount of stable slots. You can't expect people to keep adding more pets to the already Crowded stables we have now can you
... We have asked for this 13 Pages of Players/Customers ASKING for more slots &amp; it's been side stepped. Seriously, it's time to do something about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

/signed please give us more

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have no issues dumping old characters that are now pointless. I recently dumped two characters that were warrior mages left over on an account from long ago. I kept the decent skills via soul stones and dumped the toons.

[/ QUOTE ]
Aye, but you know what I'm saying right? Not everyone likes doing that repeatedly. I've deleted chars and pets without a thought too, but that doesn't mean I enjoy it with others. I certainly won't put a new untested pet above one of my older ones, so a new tamer is the only choice for folks in that situation. Lucky I have a free char slot really :p

<blockquote><hr>

Those things are not even remotely comparable. For starters, most warriors don't have more than 14 weapons. They normally only have 3-5 really good weapons that they use for different situations. Most mages could get by with only 14 spells as long as they removed the pointless ones and not the ones that actually have a purpose.<blockquote><hr>

But the point I'm making is that those classes don't *have* to restrict themselves to 14 of anything. An archer could fill a castle with bows if he wanted to. Ok he'd be certifiable, but he has that option
A tamer doesn't. That's the point. I can packrat all my other characters with equipment and weaponry. My tamers can have the equipment stash, but 14 pets. That's a big difference.

<blockquote><hr>

Thing is that the tamer is still fine with 14 pets (you can only use one or two at a time in most cases unless you are using like a frenzy pack or something). Being that you can only use 1 or 2 at a time then 14 slots would allow 7 different hunting pairs (assuming that you had all pairs which is not even realistic when you add in anything with 4 or more control slots). I think that having 7 hunting pairs is plenty.

[/ QUOTE ]
But again, a warrior doesn't have to say "ok, I can have 7 changes of sword and shield" for example. A full set of slayers eats into that...Weapons for this purpose or that. While many people could survive on such limitations, I'm certain there would be a lot of complaints if they were put in place. Players don't like restrictions when they don't make sense. I can only take my 5 slots worth out at a time, so like the warrior with his stash, I affect nobody in having the pets I have.

There is no balancing reason why a tamer is restricted in stable slots, if there's a server one, I'm sure I mess that up by having multiple tamers. A whole character, bankbox and stable surely takes up more room than a few pets
Or as I said last time, swapping house storage. I'm willing to make the sacrifices necessary to offset any extra server load I make, anything to avoid taming bulls again LOL :p

Wenchy

M

Masumatek

Why should you be able to hold all the good pets in your stable? Why shouldn't you have to pick and choose? Tamers don't need any more work put into boosts for them for another 10 years. They need major nerfs. More stable slots? Be happy you can even bond your pets....

G

<blockquote><hr>

- ahh, the taming of the bulls...
*reminisces*

[/ QUOTE ]
Heheh aye
Is a few years since my main tamer last tamed one... still had to stop myself the other night when one spawned by my house lol.

Wenchy

B

BadManiac

<blockquote><hr>

...Same with other in game monsters &amp; pets, they each have a weakness &amp; strong point.

[/ QUOTE ]Except of course Reptalons, which have NO strong points...

G

Mares used to be considered Draconian. When you lored them with the old Lore system, it said "This creature may be used as a beast of burden" (Which meant could be mounted or pack animal), and it would also say "This creature could be used for it's Dragon's Blood".
Savages do tons of damage to Draconians. Which is why on Napa during the Tal'Keesh Event we gave 60k of each gem to the Savages to have them ally with us to fight against Tal'Keesh, but the EMs got lazy and just dropped Tal'Keesh right in the middle of Trinsic, Tram to where her followers could not even assist her. She was killed extremely quickly. We never recieved aid from the Meer or the Savages despite giving them what they wanted.

But yeah, i agree. We need more Stable Slots.

G

Been training up that new Reptalon i have with Max Health/Near Max Resists, he has 105.1 Wrest/GM Tact/GM Resist/92.1 Anat. Got rid of my old Fully Trained one because new one is alot better.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Why should you be able to hold all the good pets in your stable? Why shouldn't you have to pick and choose? Tamers don't need any more work put into boosts for them for another 10 years. They need major nerfs. More stable slots? Be happy you can even bond your pets....

[/ QUOTE ]

because your swordsman can select from hundreds of swords, if he wants - and store them all in the house.

What about I wish to lock this down on any own pet in the own house takes 10 lockdowns and freezes the pet / ghost and makes it interchangeable between chars on the same account? (If the house falls, the pets are released and make a fun event for IDOCers?)

But unless this solution is possible I agree with more stable slots would be nice.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong. My mare does very well against savages, even 4 vs it. I always take it when guildies need swampies. And no, I don't use any bard skills.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against the Red Savages in Ishy (Compassion where many of us tame Ridgebacks)? I have seen many 6 &amp; 7x mares go in 2 to 3 hits by one savage warrior, let alone 3 Savages on one pet.

G

STABLE PET SWAP

I think this is the perfect post to bring up the Full Stable Swap.. We need to be able to trade out a pet when the stable is full and not have to release what we went out and tamed.

P

Prudentis

<blockquote><hr>

(Just so thats clear - I'm not exactly campaigning against it! I just see no point in adding extra when what we have is already plenty adequate - doesn't it go up 1 slot per 5 points over 100 in the three taming skills? Seems way too many as it is to me.)

[/ QUOTE ]
No, you get one additional slot for 100, 110 and 120 in the taming skills.

I

imported_EnigmaMaitreya

What if they were to make a pet able to be converted to a Statuette and back.

The Statuette could weigh .... something to prevent carrying hordes of pets.

The Statuette could be stored in your house, bank etc as any item.

It could cost ... for example only ... 100 Gold for each conversion (to and from).

The Statuette should be NON trade able / Sell able, as it would probably be easier and more effective to simply require bring the Pet back and using the existing pet trade mechanism.

I

imported_Charleigh

I really cant understand the problem of giving tamers extra stable slots. Its all about choice at the end of the day and as stated loads of times on this thread, warriors can fill up castles with the choices of weapons they can have, so is giving us a little extra choice, really such a big deal?

Its not like we are asking to take out all these pets at the same time and take over the world! I've now got 4 tamers because every time a new pet came out and i fancied a change, i didnt want to let any of my older pets go, so i made more tamers just to hold them and explore other templates.

Call me an old sentimentalist (or just plain nuts
), but i have the same pet that gave my tamers their, gm, elder or legendary status, plus a couple of meat eating unicorns and all my pets from the ERC tourney days...ahh good times

Did i need that purple bunny, no, but did i want it, yes!!, its the same with my ferret and squirrels, i'm a sucker for cute furry animals
. I'd like to do a little pack hunting with 5 frenzieds or hellhounds, but unbelievably enough, i still dont have the space!

I would surely give up lockdowns at my house if it meant we could stable them and it would give a use to the many stables i have created over the years

J

JackBowe

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like you get to pick which slayer weapon you want to use for each monster you want to kill, tamers should be able to pick which pet they want to use to kill whatever they are after as well. You are not limited on the number of weapons you can keep are you (or at least your house(s) &amp; bank hold a lot more than the stables do. The stable holds a tamers weapons, why should they be limited to so few when warriors can have so many. Tamers are not asking for hundreds of slots, just a few more so they have more options for hunts just like other characters do. As for the fact that they can bond with them, don't you get to insure your weapons???

G

100 bucks for every additional stable slot. Make checks payable to: TheScoundrelRico...la

I

imported_Sarphus

<blockquote><hr>

I'd swear that through the years, the most played character type by the developers is the tamer. It's sad really...la

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sad... it's because playing a tamer is fun. It's like pokemon (a best selling game btw). Tamers aren't overpowered and when I hear non-tamers like yourself trying to claim they are, I just laugh.

You don't know what you're talking about, but that certainly doesn't stop you from trolling.

Tamers aren't the most powerful in pvp by any stretch of the imagination.

Tamers aren't the most effective in pvm in most situations.

They are just fun to play.

As for the argument that people should just throw away pets when they get better ones. IMO, adding stable slots is equivalent to adding storage to houses. The only difference is storage to houses can be used by collectors as well as combat classes.

Tamers need more stable slots for the same reason good dexers usually carry more than one weapon. There isn't an end-all pet. To play a tamer well, you need to have a vast assortment of pets at your disposal.

I

imported_Evilminion

<blockquote><hr>

(If the house falls, the pets are released and make a fun event for IDOCers?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my god... I would pay to see that.
Heck, I would probably ARRANGE that; lock down a dozen assorted vicious beasties along with some really sweet and very obvious loot in a house, and let it fall. Cheap entertainment, a la the early days when a discorder could make a tamer's pet go insane and rampage.

G

You're completely right Leaf, give us the same choices a Archer, Swordsman, Fencer has on what "equipment = pet" to use at a given time. Limit warriors to only a few Wep's &amp; the "Pudding" would surely hit the fan hard
. Tamers can ONLY bring out "X" pets at any one time anyways, so what is the huge deal.

G

"There isn't an end-all pet. To play a tamer well, you need to have a vast assortment of pets at your disposal."

Exactly. While roaming around Chaos Shrine in Ilsh, i found a Paragon Succubus. Came back with my 951 Health/Good Resists/Fully Trained Great Wyrm and sicked it on her, and i mana dumped (A archaic term nowadays) spamming Greater Heal on him, had to keep on medding up. Had to recall out to save my Great Wyrm.
Came back with a Great Stats/Resists Rum Red Cu Sidhe with GM Wrest/GM Tact/GM Resist/GM Anat/90.1 Healing, sicked it on her. Didn't have to cast Greater Heal on him nearly as much as i did my Great Wyrm. He killed her in about the time it took my Great Wyrm to get her to 1/2 Health. So even the "UB3R Overpowered" Great Wyrm has their limits, and against some stuff, other pets do better.