• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ok, So Another New tamable... Again, We NEED MORE Stable Slots!!

G

Ok, so another NEW Pet is introduced into this game.... So come on guys (Dev's) lets get on raising the amount of stable slots. You can't expect people to keep adding more pets to the already Crowded stables we have now can you
... We have asked for this 13 Pages of Players/Customers ASKING for more slots & it's been side stepped. Seriously, it's time to do something about it.

G

Just like bank and house storage, it now becomes a matter of value. You see a lot of good, not great, but good stuff being tossed out as bank boxes and houses fill up. We have also seen, Pets, that have been released to make room for that greater dragon in the stable.

Right now stable slots are skill based. It cost the same gold per week to keep a dragon in the stable as it does to keep a bird in the stable. As newer/better controled tamable pets come into the game, older ones lose value, but still require the same ammount of control slots.

The whole pet/taming/slots/stable, system needs to be brought up to date with the current tamables in the game. A Golem uses how many slots?

M

Millie

There are alot of new pets I'd like to have but I just can't give away my pre 16 pets, I've had for soooo many years. Please Please just one or two spots would be nice.

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what new tameable is being introduced now? inform us non test center players

G

I don't Play Test ! But this Draconi Quote says it all:
http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=7724935&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&fpart=1

Scenario 1: War of Shadows
This publish introduces the advance forces of the Shadowlords, continually harassing the outlying Britannian cities during this scenario. Below are some details about the events coming up!

* Vanguard Controller
o Rides the Dread Warhorse
o Wields Obsidian Blade and Chaos Shield
o Commands small units that attack the populace, from brigands to nightmares
o Special AI to handle movement during combat

* New mount: Dread Warhorse
o More powerful than a nightmare
o Special radius poison attack (when untamed)
o Special display "trick" for owners (when tamed)
o Requires 3 control slots

I

imported_Cysphruo

its not like they dont have the room, plus tamers have a lot of fun training different pets, selling pets, doing lots of stuff with them, i dont see why we cant just have like 20-25 slots, that would shut us up for a very long time.

G

Yeah, I think the stable thing is getting beyond a joke really.

None of my non tamers have enough stable space, especially my crafters. Nuts

My tamers... I don't want to look lol.

Wenchy

G

Yes I agree with needing more stable slots. I have a legendary tamer and my stable is already full because some pets work good in certain situation and some work best in others.

B

BadManiac

Agreed
Two things are really needed for tamers right now. Fix Reptalons (when was the last time you saw anyone except me actually using one?)
And then we need more stable slots!

simonovsk

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
/signed

Although I still think stable slots need to be limited, it would be good to have a few more on tamer chars.

Non tamers have enough, we don't need people running around idocs with 5 bonded packies.

D

DuttyD

Still can only have 2 packies out even if there are more stable slots

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Uh, Simon - YOU ALREADY CAN have 5 bonded packies on a non-tamer.

You can feed them, keep them in your house, and they will bond as normal.

My Archer/bowyer has 3 bonded packies AND the bonded horse he rides. One of the packies logs out with me, then logs back in with me. I've been running the character like this ever since I got the 6th character slot for the character (was it 8th or 9th anny box?). He used JOAT to retame 4 packies someone had released or had go wild, and 3 survived to bond, being logged out in the house like the pets from ML. The current system makes it even easier, as now they are autostabled if I log out with them empty.

Non-tamers need to have at least 3 slots, to allow crafters to more easily swap between fire beetles & giant beetles as needed for their duties, plus still have a normal packy, mount or golem, and the ability to go totally on foot for things like attending auctions and other player-run events (nothing is more annoying at an auction than having someone lose conn, they get booted out of the house on relog, BUT their pets end up standing on the seat the character was in when they lost conn).

C

Connor_Graham

"Fix Reptalons (when was the last time you saw anyone except me actually using one?)"

Every time I bring mine out of the stable to work on training it.

G

/signed

Maybe raise the base number of stable slots from two to five across the board? Plenty of people could benefit from that, tamers and others alike.

D

davebobbit

I was just about to say "just make a decision, tame a new ride or keep all the ones you have"

but then i thought "goldsink alert! how about the cost of stabling a pet goes up to 25k per slot above your maximum"... i.e. you are at your max of 5/5 slots full. you want to stable a 6th, it costs 25k. You want to stable a 7th, 50k. and so on. To make it fair on tamers, you can only do this on 100 real skill or something.

G

/Signed

I wonder though. If EA/Mythic brought out a stable upgrade package kinda like the house and bank storage upgrade, how many people would buy it?

"10 extra stable slots for $19.99!" EA makes money, you get your 10 extra slots.
Yeah it's not the perfect solution but EA is a business and if there's a financial incentive maybe they'd be more willing to listen.

Just looking at it from a business point of view is all.

J

JoyousGard

<blockquote><hr>

Ok, so another NEW Pet is introduced into this game.... So come on guys (Dev's) lets get on raising the amount of stable slots. You can't expect people to keep adding more pets to the already Crowded stables we have now can you
... We have asked for this 13 Pages of Players/Customers ASKING for more slots &amp; it's been side stepped. Seriously, it's time to do something about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

More stable slots and fix stabling in general. That is to say, fix how the system stores pets not in use.

The Yomatsu mines are loaded with pets. It is so bad some nights that I cannot even move because of all the lag. I don't understand why I can see pets in the Yomatsu mines. Stabled pets are in a stable, right? Nope, they are in Yomatsu mines. That makes sense.

DERT! Dat's my you oh!

G

Yeah, give tamers what they ask for, in addition to new content, and then nerf thieves to level the playing field, lol...la

G

I would really like 3 slots for my miner (0/0/0 tamer skills). I just recently had to release a bonded packie when I acquired a Fire Beetle. I refuse to part with my horse Stinky ... so the packie hadda go ... but didn't know I could actually have some at the house. Darn it!

P

Prudentis

/signed

AND

<blockquote><hr>

Yeah, give tamers what they ask for, in addition to new content, and then nerf thieves to level the playing field, lol...la

[/ QUOTE ]

/signed

G

I'd swear that through the years, the most played character type by the developers is the tamer. It's sad really...la

I

imported_Lord Kynd

i agree, the whole system needs relooked into
at least let us ride ethy mounts when we have our greaters out.

speaking of greaters, how about boosting control slots , now that we have this 'uber' pet why can't we hunt with 2 normal dragons or 2 white wyrms like we use to be able to ?

G

No, that's alright, no need to be able to ride an ethy while controlling those big mean beasts. Lear to walk faster...la

P

Prudentis

<blockquote><hr>

I'd swear that through the years, the most played character type by the developers is the tamer. It's sad really...la

[/ QUOTE ]
So this makes you sad Rico?
Now we don't want the scoundrel Rico to be sad, do we?

And I agree Lord Kynd, let us have other useful pet combos other than the greater beasts. Two WWs+ridable horse would still be less powerful than one greater but you might actually again see some other pets. I think I might the only one hunting with a mare/WW combo

G

Nah, a single greater dragon or one of these new tamables should do you just fine. Players should not have the power in PvM that tamers have.

NERF TAMERS!!!...la

I

imported_Cyrah

Agreed!!! It actually made me sad irl to have to relase bonded horses to keep those rabbits.

Yes I know it was my choice but have some small amount of mercy please and give us non tamers two more? One? Ten! haha!
Mercy please...

*waiting not so patiently for cocoa trees

I

imported_Trebr Drab

I am waiting for the day that we have Greater Elite Ancient Elder Dragons of Hoard Carrying and Packie Dragons.

And it should take 15 years to build up to the 500 skill that it takes to tame them, you know, for balance. Or 3 months, if you powergame at least 40 hours a week.

P

Prudentis

<blockquote><hr>

Nah, a single greater dragon or one of these new tamables should do you just fine. Players should not have the power in PvM that tamers have.

NERF TAMERS!!!...la

[/ QUOTE ]

Is your feedback valuable because you have so many tamers or because you PvM so much?

LOL Rico, you should stop hijecking others' posts if you expect any support for your thief cause.
Ah, and one more suggestion, you should consider ending your posts with "bla" instead of "la", sums them up better.

G

<blockquote><hr>

LOL Rico, you should stop hijecking others' posts...

[/ QUOTE ]

And you should learn how to spell before trying to be funny...la

I

imported_Tina Small

Since the new tamables are war horses, I assume you have to be in factions in order to own one and possibly also to be able to tame one. The faction character that owns one probably also has to kill enemy faction characters in order to achieve a certain rank so you can actually RIDE it versus just have it run around following you. Maybe that's why it's going to be able to do tricks...consolation prize for characters that will own one and never have or never be able to keep their kill points and faction rank. They can all line up their faction horses by the bank and have them do tricks for food.

Note: I believe attaining faction rank becomes more difficult the larger the faction becomes.

G

Don't count on it. I'd think they would have mentioned that little fact in the new horsie introduction...la

P

Prudentis

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

LOL Rico, you should stop hijecking others' posts...

[/ QUOTE ]

And you should learn how to spell before trying to be funny...bla

[/ QUOTE ]

How many langueges can you spell in? I bet I can beat you by about three

I normally spellcheck my posts, but seriously, you are not worth the trouble. I just answered your post, because you annoy the crap out of almost everyone in the forums without even noticing.
And just for your information, correcting people's spellig wasn't even "cool" back in the newsgroup days. Nowadays it's just ridiculous.

EDIT:
BTW, you didn't answer my original question.
What makes you an expert of what should and what should not be possible in PvM in general and with tamers in particular?

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

I vote no. I think the slots are spot on as they are.

P

Prudentis

<blockquote><hr>

I vote no. I think the slots are spot on as they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

May I ask you why you think so?
I assume you are a tamer and the current slot number is enough for you?
What would be the problem, if mythic was to increase the stable slot number?

G

<blockquote><hr>

How many langueges can you spell in? I bet I can beat you by about three

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you can spell it better in those languages then you do in English...la

I

imported_revenant2

<blockquote><hr>

its not like they dont have the room, plus tamers have a lot of fun training different pets, selling pets, doing lots of stuff with them, i dont see why we cant just have like 20-25 slots, that would shut us up for a very long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah!!!

more stable slots more stable slots more stable slots

G

Yeah, there should be no slots at all. Tamers should be able to tame everything they want and have as many of each beast in their stable as they want. This would make the world go around sooooo much better...la

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Pfft, we don't need 25 slots. Thats gd overkill. No more slots until I can vet the pets I have without going criminal! Don't waste developer time that can used more wisely fixing bugs they ignore.

No slots. Fix bugs.

G

This has been posted again and again and again.... Zero action has come of it... but Yeah I'll sign on board again! More slots Please!