• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] OFFICIAL Pub 55 Seed/Plant Investigation Thread - *** WARNING * SPOILERS ***

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Info about seeds and plants frrom a FOF per Sakkarah, doesn't appear to be weighted... http://www.uo.com/fof/fiveonfriday121.html Which monsters do they drop on and what’s the drop rate?
"You will have to figure out which monsters they spawn on! But I can tell you they will spawn on 3 creatures that dwell in the Tokuno Islands, on 1 bug-type creature, on 1 creature found in Despise (among other places), on 1 swamp creature, on 1 undead, on 1 humanoid spellcaster, on 1 arachnid, on 1 karma sensitive creature in Ilshenar, on 1 a compact-sized creature and last but not least, on 1 creature that lurks in the Twisted Wealds. The drop rate is 50% chance there will be no seed, 15% chance of a fragrant seed and 35% chance of a random peculiar seed."

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got 1 cypress moss tree and hops from a Tuski Wolf and 1 cypress moss tree from a kappa so far

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Lets hope that the chances are more or less even of getting all seed types from each monster in the group because I am really tired of fighting :gun:hiruyu and :gun:dryads! They are annoying!:D
Yeah, I'm happy I only have to fight 4 out of this 12 monsters. Plague Beast had annoyed me for long, bugging me in the swamp when I was hunting for spinded leather, mow I got a reason to kill them, that's nice.

I wish the Dark Wisps on Siege had seed too, they are damn annoying and there is far to many of them. At least there are a few blue Wisps in the swamp too.

I never really enjoyed fighting monsters but at least the Ant Lion is good for bones too, I did not know that so I learned something.

Now I need to kill some Titans or Tsuki Wolf to get seed from the last group.

E

Eslake

Here are KR pics of some of the new plants. I really like the spider plant. :D
I like the spider tree and the sugar cane in KR.

But the others.. yuck.. specially the cypress trees. :(

That was one of those things that always stood out about KR (in a negative way). It is as if two different art teams were working on two completely different perspectives and it was all shoved in there together.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
hey! I was right about each group having an easy/med/hard thing to kill!
:danceb:
Maybe but I can't see my crafter kill any of this things, not even sure what is the easy of them as I only had tryed to kill a few of them.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mine did.

I took Molly, with her +13s mage jewels, mere 20 real skill, blessed tome of lost knowledge and a few blade spirit scrolls and threw them at Kappa south of Isamu moongate. - on Siege!

My friend killed antlions with conflagration potions

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Not bad, my crafters do kill Black Wisps with EV's so they are not all helpless I guess.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right.. the rest of em blooned. Sorry Lunaticus, but none of them were small hedges. I'm gonna grow more, but I still feel bad for it. :\

Kappa - 2x Large Hedge, Cypress (moss), Sugar Canes
Tsuki Wolf - Hops (R), Orfluer
Antlion - another Cypress, another snowdrops, Juniper Bush
Plague Beast -another Sugar Canes
Wisp - another Cattails, Poppies

So, aside from creatures that drop the small hedge seeds so I can keep my promise, are there any I should be planting to help work out what's what?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I *think* we have them all sorted. The publish notes said 15 plants. Jeremy said perhaps the 2 hedges counted as one, but I think that more likely applies to the hops, which I also take as a hint that these will have a use in future. Twice as many chances to get them as the other plants, since there are 6, not 3, creatures carrying them?
While there are two cypress trees they, like the hedges, are of different appearance, unlike the hops, which are simply a reversed graphic.

Y

Yalp

I have to laugh at myself.. everything else bloomed today.. but be warned.. once they bloom, most of them you can't walk through.. so i've "painted myself into a corner" .. so to speak!

Hee. Hee.

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They finalllllly bloomed! Yay..

http://i37.***********/s5vkvq.jpg

Most are from wisps, a few odd's in there, dryads and juka mages. Now back to waiting for the bigger batches.. woo!

Y

Yalp

I can confirm... from my own garden...
Dryad - Foxglove, Orfluer

By my count.. we still need confirmation on
Jukas and Cypress *mossy*
Terathon and Water Lillies
Hiryu and Cattails...

has anyone got these combinations they have grown?

Y

Yalp

I *think* we have them all sorted. The publish notes said 15 plants. Jeremy said perhaps the 2 hedges counted as one, but I think that more likely applies to the hops, which I also take as a hint that these will have a use in future. Twice as many chances to get them as the other plants, since there are 6, not 3, creatures carrying them?
While there are two cypress trees they, like the hedges, are of different appearance, unlike the hops, which are simply a reversed graphic.
It makes sense.. You'd think we'd have seen something different pop by today... well done Petra!

F

Fink

This is my little chart sofar:

o = info off the forums
x = my own plants

Ah damn.. didn't know different monsters dropped different stuff (ie: I camped mummies for hours)... if anyone on Oceania needs a few hundred small hedges, come see me in a few days :(

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, I didn't post my last night batch, I thought we'd had them all confirmed. Yes I can confirm water lily from terathon warriors, 4 of them :)

N

Ni-

A couple things...

First off, Thank you ?Sak? for finishing this round of plants. As someone who likes to decorate, every single one of these plants will be nice to use!

Still a little confused as to why both Hops were included with only a direction reversal as the difference. That will make some sence if they go on to produce resourses so that 6 mobs will drop their seeds. I think the other art would have been nice as the second plant, then maybe allowing the plant to be reversed if in decor mode?

Second, now knowing the possible plants, I could have thrown togather a cross-breeding tree(pardon the pun) that could have made some sense.

Third, I think I can see why colored plants were not introduced... kinda...
I did like all of the dark green plants. (Fire plants too but I understand the arguements agianst that color. I just like the color of fire, not sure why)

I think I'll have a decent selection of every plant after this first major growing batch for most of my personal decorating.

I think I'll continue to hunt Ant Lions and Kappa for the plants in those catagories. I could really use both Cypress Trees for one of my houses that has a 'run down/forgotten/dead' theme and those would fit really well with the dead apple/peace/cherry trees I already have there. I also think the Hedges from both will sell pretty well, when I have extra to sell that is.

P.S. ?Sak? ya wanna jump on craftable/(non-rubble)obtainable Display Cases? ooooo, or how about this? http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=102091

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah damn.. didn't know different monsters dropped different stuff (ie: I camped mummies for hours)... if anyone on Oceania needs a few hundred small hedges, come see me in a few days :(

They might not be small hedges, they could be Cypress trees, juniper bushes or snowdrops :D

N

Ni-

I'm sure hedges will sell pretty well! Great, and easy, deco item.

B

Black Betty

Seriously, was that NECESSARY???

Lily
Yes, I believe it was. Please don't take things so seriously. KR ruins the look of EVERYTHING including my beloved plants that I thought I had cured an addiction to. *runs to pour more greater cures over herself*

:bowdown:Thanks to everyone who has worked so hard to categorize them all with the charts. It has caused my severe addiction to plants to raise it's ugly head again. :D

M

Moonstar

aside from the spider tree and hops, i think the plants look pretty cool in KR

not enough to get me to play play KR though, but pretty nice.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Other than the spider tree, I think the plants in KR look blurry.

Anyway, here is the top level of one of my 2 houses we are using to grow plants.

N

Ni-

Other than the spider tree, I think the plants in KR look blurry.

Anyway, here is the top level of one of my 2 houses we are using to grow plants.

HOLY CRAP!!!

Did each plant grow in those positions or did you organize them after they popped? That'd be freaky if they grew all organized like that!

Y

Yalp

Sorry, I didn't post my last night batch, I thought we'd had them all confirmed. Yes I can confirm water lily from terathon warriors, 4 of them :)
thx Petra..we are now down to confirming 2 more.. *i didn't get any water lillies ;(

Juka Mages = Cypress (moss)
Hiryu = Cattails...

anyone who kept records and got these.. please speak up!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yalp, I'll come bouncing in here and holler to the rooftops JUST as soon as they bloom!! gah, this waiting is makin' me nuts, and if not for my inattention I'd have them tonite

*sniff!*

E

Eslake

thx Petra..we are now down to confirming 2 more.. *i didn't get any water lillies ;(

Juka Mages = Cypress (moss)
Hiryu = Cattails...

anyone who kept records and got these.. please speak up!
I can confirm everything on the chart except the plain cypress trees. I got at least 2 of each plant from each monster indicated except for that.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Random note here ... I don't see how we could HAVE short hops in the game ... hops don't grow short! I live in the middle of a few hops fields, I know these things ;)

E

Eslake

Random note here ... I don't see how we could HAVE short hops in the game ... hops don't grow short! I live in the middle of a few hops fields, I know these things ;)
We grew hops for the co-op here when I was a kid (before they banned Hops in Kansas). They looked nothing like the in-game hops anyway. :p

But then, they also call a birch tree cocoa/Oh'ii and several other oopsies. They probably should have opened a botanical studies book at least once before they named the plants and trees, but it's a bit late now.

IMO, the hops ingame looks like that ivy that likes to grow on elder/ash trees. *has fond memories of swinging out over the river Tarzan-style on those things*

B

Beastmaster

Waiting patiently for mine to pop. Its been fun watching you guys put all the info together. I have 8 from each monster popping within the next 3 hours so I'll be posting my spreadsheet with numbers in for each monster soon. tick.... ..... .... tock! damn slow clock!

D

debsmad

My first bunch bloomed today and nothing that we didn't already know..... 22 seeds, all from kappas, and I got:

9 tall hedges
6 mossy cypress trees
4 hops )
2 sugar cane
1 cocoa

They're all so....BIG. I can't imagine what people with small houses are ever going to do with them. lol

I have another bunch that will bloom tomorrow but they're all kappas again.

Y

Yalp

I can confirm everything on the chart except the plain cypress trees. I got at least 2 of each plant from each monster indicated except for that.
Sweet! All confirmed! .. there were some early posts with some oddball mob/plant type that do not fit the chart. but it could be an operator error instead of a seed rarity! ;)

Great effort on the chart guys.. I think it's the bible for these new seeds now.. is there a way some mod can sticky the chart so other peeps don't have to hunt for it like the proverbial needle/haystack?

Y

Yalp

We grew hops for the co-op here when I was a kid (before they banned Hops in Kansas). They looked nothing like the in-game hops anyway. :p

But then, they also call a birch tree cocoa/Oh'ii and several other oopsies. They probably should have opened a botanical studies book at least once before they named the plants and trees, but it's a bit late now.

IMO, the hops ingame looks like that ivy that likes to grow on elder/ash trees. *has fond memories of swinging out over the river Tarzan-style on those things*
I thought they looked like the poison ivy growing all over this area.. which my dog loves to get into, after which he loves to rub on me! :)

D

DHMagicMan_1

Now that we know which mobs are in which groups, could you people give me a bit of advice as to what the easiest mobs and places to collect each group of seeds would be?

I have collected a LOT from the first floor of Ice Island dungeon (Deceit I think) mummies and a lot as well from Antlions in the Solen Caves... just my luck those are in the same group. :(

I've also collected some from Wisps from a Rune Library which had a rune labeled "Wisp Circle" and looked sort of like Stonehenge... but the Wisps were all easily dispatched...

I tried to go after Plague Beasts from a rune in the same library referenced above, but the swamp it sent me to was infested with about 30 beasts of all kinds and my pets and I were dispatched in short order... Couldn't kill a one of them. Very frustrating... did manage to kill some bog things and boglings but no plague beasts... no help there. :(

What else should I try for the other two plant groups?

Thanks for any tips.

Y

Yalp

Now that we know which mobs are in which groups, could you people give me a bit of advice as to what the easiest mobs and places to collect each group of seeds would be?

I have collected a LOT from the first floor of Ice Island dungeon (Deceit I think) mummies and a lot as well from Antlions in the Solen Caves... just my luck those are in the same group. :(

I've also collected some from Wisps from a Rune Library which had a rune labeled "Wisp Circle" and looked sort of like Stonehenge... but the Wisps were all easily dispatched...

I tried to go after Plague Beasts from a rune in the same library referenced above, but the swamp it sent me to was infested with about 30 beasts of all kinds and my pets and I were dispatched in short order... Couldn't kill a one of them. Very frustrating... did manage to kill some bog things and boglings but no plague beasts... no help there. :(

What else should I try for the other two plant groups?

Thanks for any tips.
I would suggest wisp dungeon near Ilsh Honesty gate for the wisps . go after the white wisps when you enter.. it's safe unless you have negative karma.. but you can run out of the entrance if you get into trouble.

I'd suggest terathons near terathon keep in T2A.

I'd also suggest Kappa's on Tok Islands NW of the moongate on Isamu-Jima island.

And I'd stick with mummies if you were having issues with plague beasts.

If you are on Baja.. let me know and I will cover you while you hunt!

T

Teeshy

The one's I find easy (ermm, easier =P) to kill are Antlion/mummy (shame those two are so easy and in the same group =P) Kappa (just have to watch out for the acid pool they drop when they die) and the Wisps =)

Not sure about the other group - Titan's are easy-ish BUT I don't seem to be able to find many of them, and I wasn't getting seeds off even 50% of the ones I killed =/ I haven't tried Dryad's yet, and my only memory of Tsuki wolves is dying, and dying, and dying =P (Only time I've been near them was not long after I started playing =))

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm hunting Kappas, Tsuki Wolves, Wisps and Ant Lions.

I'm hunting Kappas mostly in the Crane Marsh - pretty safe if you stay near the coastline. They leave puddles of acid when they die, but this disappears quickly.

I'm using a Cu to hunt Tsuki Wolves - these can get a bit tricky though if too many spawn at once, so you may want to lead them off one at a time or else you can get swamped when multiple wolves spawn.

I found wisps and ant lions to be the easiest for me from the other two groups - there are a couple of spots for ant lions down in the solen tunnels, and I also am hunting wisps near Wisp Circle, since there are a lot of them there.

I'd tried mummies and titans previously, but couldn't find a place where they spawned frequently enough for my liking. I tried hiryus - for about an hour ;) Got tired of dying, and switched to the wisps.

S

Strawberry

Oooh, good idea! They'd look wonderful as a Tarzan-vine in my swamp house. I've just been thinking of them as wedding arches and possibly brewery materials so far.

I'd like to hunt the Tsuki wolves, but is there a tsuki wolf spot with no ninjas? I hate when they jump out of hiding right next to me, it makes me yelp :blushing:

L

Lily

Yes, I believe it was. Please don't take things so seriously. KR ruins the look of EVERYTHING including my beloved plants that I thought I had cured an addiction to. *runs to pour more greater cures over herself*

It wasn't. You could have kept your comments to yourself.

Lily

D

Deb

I have been keeping a journal on my plants and the monsters they
come from and the only thing I can add to this so far is:
Tsuki Wolf-Lily pads and Cactus

I have 7 more from the Wolves getting ready to bloom tomorrow
or Saturday.

S

Stucky

Heres my results for today:

Serpentine Dragon - 2 small hedge, 1 snowdrop, 1 Juniper Bush
Titan - 2 orfleur flower, 6 Cactus Plants, 5 Foxglove Flowers, 9 Hops
Tsuki Wolves - 7 orfleur flower, 5 Cactus Plants, 1 Foxglove Flower, 3 Hops
Mummy - 10 small hedge, 3 Juniper Bushs, 4 Cypress Tree(plain), 4 snowdrops
Plague Beast - 3 Hops, 1 Cypress Tree(moss), 1 Sugarcane, 6 Tall Hedge
Juka Mage - 1 Hops (hate Juka)

I'll have more tomorrow.

*edit forgot the 17 cocoa trees

F

Flora Green

I hunt the following:

-Mummies in Deceit.
-Wisps in the Wisp Dungeon in Ilsh using a Pixie Swatter.
-Tsuki Wolves south of Homare's Eye using a Demon slayer.
-Titans in Despise using a Repond slayer. Faster than Tsuki for me, but magic may be a problem for those with low or no resist.
-Kappas at Crane Marsh.

This is with my Fencer Paladin. However, her only high skill is Fencing. Chivalry is at 65 and Healing around 70. I've died four times. Once due to lag, once when I forgot to heal and was fighting two Tsuki's, once due to lag and once because my kid decided SHE wanted the mouse.:D