• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] OFFICIAL Pub 55 Seed/Plant Investigation Thread - *** WARNING * SPOILERS ***

D

debsmad

I was in the elf city last night and happened to notice some lovely flowers. It got me thinking that I *really* hope some of these new plants will be those pretty blue flax, and those yellow/orange ones with a name I can't recall offhand...something like okura, akaru, ukora....lol

Anyway, hope these are in our new plants!

W

Wynne

I was in the elf city last night and happened to notice some lovely flowers. It got me thinking that I *really* hope some of these new plants will be those pretty blue flax, and those yellow/orange ones with a name I can't recall offhand...something like okura, akaru, ukora....lol

Anyway, hope these are in our new plants!
orfleur. :)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
aye, the flax would be lovely, and the orfleur, but not the single flower, those little scattered ones :)

and if we do get flax, along with Flora's mention about the sugar canes not producing resources right now but perhaps later, maybe, just maybe, the flax would become productive at some point

I mean, as long as we're puttin' wishes out there ;)

E

Eslake

I used to do GS and GH everyday back in my 'really into it' gardening/playing days. Now I just use whatever is needed at the time and they don't seem any worse off than before, as long as I don't miss a day of tending them. I don't remember what the perks of daily GS/GH are....?
Greater Strength reduces the chances of getting fungus or insects.
The greater heal is wasted because I don't leave them with afflictions (or under watered) for a day.
But because I so frequently get held at the hospital for at least a day, it keeps them from dropping more than 1 health stage due to those afflictions being left untended. (better safe than sorry)

F

Flora Green

Below is the thread I was referencing in regards to Sugar Cane. There was also another mention of gathering pollen.:danceb:

Gardening/Cocoa tree things
cocoa pulp
a decorative cocoa tree
cocoa tree
a cocoa tree seed
a ~1_HEALTH~ cocoa tree
a bowl of ~1_val~ dirt with a ~2_val~ ~3_val~ ~4_val~
a bowl of ~1_val~ dirt with a ~2_val~ cocoa tree seed
You cannot gather pollen from this type of plant! Pollen?
You cannot think of any reason to want to do this.
a decorative ~2_TYPE~
---AND

Sugar cane?
a decorative ~3_NAME~ plant
~1_HEALTH~ Sugar Canes
Decorative Sugar Canes
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=852600&highlight=cane#post852600

K

Kyrie_Elaison

Kyrie,

Someone in U.Hall posted info from Inside UO. Sugar Cane was mentioned in the notes. SO, maybe they are adding a cane plant in the near future to go with the cocoa? OR maybe they are adding the plant now and will make it a resource producer later on. Jeremy said the statement that the new plants (cocoa tree aside) won't produce resources AT THIS TIME is deliberate. Guess we'll have to wait and see what she means.
I'm hoping that sugar cane that produces shows up, otherwise the cocoa doesn't do us much good without having to hunt para's to get sugar.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have gotten seeds off of every monster except Terathons...Am I doing something wrong? I killed a TON of them and no seeds :(
If anyone has actually gotten one off a Terathon, could you post which one you killed to get it?
Thanks

L

LdyHawke

I go to the spider cave north of the Spirituality shrine in Ilsh. Terathan warriors spawn there and tend to give seeds quite frequently.

Hope that helps. :)

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was perfect!!!! Thank you :bowdown: Now I at least have some from each monster...Just hope I can keep them all alive long enough to see what they grow :)

F

feath

Finding info from other threads....

Dryad
Titan
Kappa
Wisp
Antlion
Tsuki Wolf
mummy
Hiryu
Serpentine Dragon
Terathon
Plague Beast
Juka Mage

group 1
antlion - snowdrops, sm hedge
serpentine dragon - snowdrops

group 2
plague beast - sugar cane

group 3

group 4

E

Eslake

Seed Group A : Titans, Tsuki Wolves, ?
Group contains : Hops (curved North, opposite what is shown), Cactus, ?, ?

Attachments

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got Tall Hedges, Hops plant and Sugar Canes from Kappas.

E

Eslake

I got Tall Hedges, Hops plant and Sugar Canes from Kappas.
Odd. Does the hops from Kappa face the same direction as the one I posted above?

I notice I only have one facing that direction (Juka Mage seed). The other 2 may be a seperate group.

We'll need more data to get it right. :)

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Odd. Does the hops from Kappa face the same direction as the one I posted above?

I notice I only have one facing that direction (Juka Mage seed). The other 2 may be a seperate group.

We'll need more data to get it right. :)

Yup same facing Hops. I'm growing the Kappas one and my friend the Titan one. She had the cactus and another one (name slips my mind but they where pink)

Maybe a seed got in the wrong bag during the hunt.

Will know better tomorrow when more plants are growed.

E

Eslake

I've modified the groups I listed until we know for certain. :)

Hopefully it will all be figured out as people log in today and provide their own data.

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I received a cattail from Titans and a large hedge from a plague beast this morning.

B

Beastmaster

Ok folks it appears we have been mislead by the Devs on the whole grouping thing.

Based on the initial reports there appears to be a group of 3 monsters that yield each seed. HOWEVER!! Those same 3 monsters may not yield the same group of 4 seeds. In other words, the monster groups are different for each seed.

More data is needed but I caution everyone not to ASSUME that if monster A & B give seed #1 and monster A also gives seed #2 that monster B will also give seed #2.

N

Ni-

Ok folks it appears we have been mislead by the Devs on the whole grouping thing.

Based on the initial reports there appears to be a group of 3 monsters that yield each seed. HOWEVER!! Those same 3 monsters may not yield the same group of 4 seeds. In other words, the monster groups are different for each seed.

More data is needed but I caution everyone not to ASSUME that if monster A & B give seed #1 and monster A also gives seed #2 that monster B will also give seed #2.
or we may have been given wrong data from posters...

both are possibilities...

That's partially why I have at least 4 seeds from each monster growing(most mobs I have at least 6-7 from, those hiryus are a bit of a pain to track down when there are 5 people hunting them).

F

feath

this is what i've got so far;

group 1
antlion - snowdrops, sm hedge
serpentine dragon - snowdrops, juniper,

group 2
plague beast - sugar cane, tall hedge
kappa - sugar cane, hops, tall hedges
wolf - hops,

group 3
terathan warriors - cattails, spider tree, poppies
wisp - cattails
titan - orfluer, cattails

group 4

as you can see, so far reports show up to 3 seeds per 1 monster. we cant tell until we get more information, if 1 monster will only produce those 3 seeds, or if they can produce all the seeds from that group. we are still very much in the information gathering portion of the new seed groupings. although i suspect, due to lap over of seeds from monsters in same group, that all monsters of that group can drop all seeds of that group. but time will tell.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting.... I got hops and orfluer off Tsuki Wolves.

I have 30-60 seeds from each creature currently growing, and got 2 pop'ed this morning.

F

feath

Interesting.... I got hops and orfluer off Tsuki Wolves.

I have 30-60 seeds from each creature currently growing, and got 2 pop'ed this morning.

then i'll put them back into 'unknown' until more info gathered. prob someone got a seed mixed up. i know i died at least once, myself, while gathering. and even though when i got my stuff back, it SEEMED to all go back in the places i had them, it would have been easy to get them mixed up.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been collating information into a table while I wait for mine to grow, not sure where it's leading, but so far it looks like this:

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been collating information into a table while I wait for mine to grow, not sure where it's leading, but so far it looks like this:

I like that spreadsheet, but it shows a problem. From my understanding, all creatures from a group would drop the same 4 (plus the 5th fragrant) seeds. Thing is, the way the boxes are marked, it looks like Kappa's belong to 2 groups.

N

Ni-

I've not seen any reports of any plants from Juka Mage, Hiryu, Mummy, or Dryad.

I have 3 Dryad, 4 Hiryu, and 7 Mummy/Juka Mage working. Most will be on day 5-6 tonight, after work.

I've also only seen reports of 13 of the supposed 16 plants(unless a reversed hops plant counts as 2?).
1 - Snow Drops(scattered)
2 - Poppies(scattered)
3 - Foxglove
4 - Orfluer
5 - Juniper Bush
6 - Cypress tree(only seen one pic)
7 - Hops
8 - Small Hedge
9 - Tall Hedge
10 - Sugar Cane
11 - Cat Tails
12 - Spider Tree
13 - Cactus(Barrel bottom w/ a Tribarrel on top with pink flowers?)

F

feath

i haven't seen some of those :) i'll add them to what i've got so far

its the hops that seem to be messing everything up. its like anything can give hops. was there an extra plant that could be spawned on any monster?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that's why I'm not sure where it's leading :)

We haven't identified all the plants yet either! The only thing I have noticed from that is Titan are showing as having given 4 seed types, hops are showing as having come off 4 monster types.
I'll keep collating and scouring posts wherever I can find them and hope it will make more sense as I add to it. Some of my own plants will mature later today, giving me results for mummy and hiryu to add

Psst, Feath, they're in the other thread on this board :D

N

Ni-

i haven't seen some of those :) i'll add them to what i've got so far

its the hops that seem to be messing everything up. its like anything can give hops. was there an extra plant that could be spawned on any monster?
That's why I was wondering if there was a reversal for the Hops, one direction from each mob type...

Y

Yalp

many posts running around.. but I got a cypress tree from Kappa.. and 4 barrel cactus from dryad.. snowdrops from serp dragon.. and small hedge from ant lion

just to add to the spreadsheet... more tomorrow

F

Flora Green

Petra your spreadsheet is almost identical to mine. I figure I'll fix it up later once all of the final data is collected. :)

D

DHMagicMan_1

that's why I'm not sure where it's leading :)

We haven't identified all the plants yet either! The only thing I have noticed from that is Titan are showing as having given 4 seed types, hops are showing as having come off 4 monster types.
I'll keep collating and scouring posts wherever I can find them and hope it will make more sense as I add to it. Some of my own plants will mature later today, giving me results for mummy and hiryu to add

Psst, Feath, they're in the other thread on this board :D
I have about 50 KNOWN mummy seeds growing but they need a few more days cooking before I'll know what they grow into... if you don't know for sure what mummies drop in the next two days, I should be able to help you with that one.

C

Coppelia

I've seen water lillies coming from hiryu on another thread.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone said it took 2 days before you could set them to deco mode.

My snowdrops took just one day, Was that due to fertile dirt?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone said it took 2 days before you could set them to deco mode.

My snowdrops took just one day, Was that due to fertile dirt?

Yes, most likely they jumped 2 days at the end at ones thanks to the fertile dirt.

Y

Yalp

anyone have cold hard facts on fertile dirt? I have planted almost all of the new seeds in fertile dirt.. 4 popped today showing day 7/8.. others are between day 5 and day 6... they were all planted on 9-10-08 between 10:00am and 1:30pm..

I guess I find fertile dirt to be pretty unpredictable. anyone else?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fertile dirt utilises the dev's favourite plaything. The much cursed by players, RNG.

D

DHMagicMan_1

anyone have cold hard facts on fertile dirt? I have planted almost all of the new seeds in fertile dirt.. 4 popped today showing day 7/8.. others are between day 5 and day 6... they were all planted on 9-10-08 between 10:00am and 1:30pm..

When you open each plant gump every day when you tend... if you tend at the first time you log in right after growth check... you will see a BLUE plus sign meaning they got a standard growth (Fertile didn't kick in) or a GREEN plus sign meaning they got double growth due to Fertile.

If you don't tend during that first login period... when you go through the gumps you will see the RED ! meaning it hasn't been long enough to get a growth check so you won't know what happened during the actual growths.

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I don't know the percentages, but when we plant in fertile dirt there's a chance that the plant will grow an extra stage with each growth cycle. The 2 plants I had bloom this morning each got 2 extra growth spurts since I planted them 5 days ago.

Y

Yalp

aha! good info.. especially the blue / red/ green gump indicators..

yes I alway hop on my crafter who tends the household maintenance issue first thing in the am. so I'll check tomorrow re: the indicators..

thx for the responses.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I planted only 8 seeds in fertile dirt as I dont found it useful in the past.
6 of them are as slow as the ones planted in normal soil. One has jumped 3 times , its the snowdrop that I turned decorative tonight. One made 1 jump .Its a snowdrop again from an Ant Lion again.