• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] OFFICIAL Pub 55 Seed/Plant Investigation Thread - *** WARNING * SPOILERS ***

D

DHMagicMan_1

Thanks for that post, Zym.

Unfortunatly, that tells me the only two mobs I've been collecting seeds from, Ant Lions and Mummies are in the same group... anyone want some small hedges when they pop? I think I'll have close to two hundred seeds between the two mobs. LOL...

Guess I need to start looking for Wisps and other mobs.

K

Kyrie_Elaison

After messing around with my chart, I think I may have had a bad seed in my titan bag. With all of the other data gathered, that was the only one that didn't make sense. Here is how I see the groupings. Red x's are unreported.

Zym I love your spreadsheet.

Would you care to share a copy of it with me? I should have a ton of plants tomorrow and, not that I don't trust everyone here, I would like to take my own stats.

N

Ni-

strawberry's chart shows ... Great Job BTW!

1) hops in both directions on Kappa...
2) I have Orfleur on Tsuki checked.. although I don't know who posted (i didn't grow it)

*** i just rechecked the various threads.can't find the gardener who got Orfleur from Tsuki.. so I could be wrong there .. buyer beware******
I can just had my first plant pop and it was an 'Orfluer Flowers' from a Tsuki Wolf.

Y

Yalp

Great Job Zim.. I have a few on mine that are not showing on yours.. maybe take a note and compare when you can...? (reported at this point)

.. add cactus to Juka..
... add cattails to titan....
...add right facing Hops to Kappa....

S

Stucky

Thank you for the chart Zym, it is beautiful. :bowdown: I can't wait to have my own results to check it! I KNEW I was going to be jealous of the people who had fertile dirt but I am SUPER DUPER jealous of all of these!!! We just need to substitute the pics of flower in fort he x's like the xpollation charts. :hug:

L

Lunaticus

Thanks for that post, Zym.

Unfortunatly, that tells me the only two mobs I've been collecting seeds from, Ant Lions and Mummies are in the same group... anyone want some small hedges when they pop? I think I'll have close to two hundred seeds between the two mobs. LOL...

Guess I need to start looking for Wisps and other mobs.
I don't suppose you're on LS, are you? If so, I'm looking for a total of eight small hedges. My plants still have two more days until they bloom, so I don't know if I'll get lucky enough to get all that I need.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't suppose you're on LS, are you? If so, I'm looking for a total of eight small hedges. My plants still have two more days until they bloom, so I don't know if I'll get lucky enough to get all that I need.
If I get any you can have em up to the 8 you need. Of course, I might end up with none. :p

L

Lunaticus

Crysta, you are too kind! :bowdown:

P.S. I'll be happy to trade with you, if I get anything festive that you might want.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
After messing around with my chart, I think I may have had a bad seed in my titan bag. With all of the other data gathered, that was the only one that didn't make sense. Here is how I see the groupings. Red x's are unreported.

Much the same as I got together:

Kappa, Plague Beast, Juka Mage: Cypress (moss), Hedge (T), Hops )., Sugar Cane
Antlion, Serpentine Dragon, Mummies: Snowdrops, Small Hedge, Juniper Bush, Cypress Tree (Plain)

Titans, Tsuki Wolf, Dryad: Foxglove Flowers, Orfluer Flower, Hops (., 4 barrel green Cactus.
Terathon, Wisp, Hiryu: Poppies, Cattails, Spider Tree, Water Lilly

I was a little unsecure with Tsuki Wolf and Juka Mage, had them switched first

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Great Job Zim.. I have a few on mine that are not showing on yours.. maybe take a note and compare when you can...? (reported at this point)

.. add cactus to Juka..
... add cattails to titan....
...add right facing Hops to Kappa....
That do not fit, as there is 4 groups of 3 monsters, each group do have 4 seed.

If yours are correct, the Zym's list is wrong.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Currently we have too many seeds showing as coming from Titan. Hopefully that will be clarified later today.

I suspect the 'ringer' is the cattails, since the other two creatures that have so far given them are terrathon warriors and wisp.

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Today I got:

Terethan: Poppies
Kappa: Hops (left)
Plague Beast: Hedge (large), Cypress (moss), 2 Hops(left)
Wisp: 3 Cattails, 2 Water Lilly, 3 Poppies
Antlion: 3 Hedge (small), Cypress (plain)
Serpentine Dragon: Hedge (small)

7 Cocoa Trees

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By my reckoning that makes our groups:
1. Titan, Juka Mage, Tsuki Wolf
2. Antlion, Mummy, Serpentine Dragon
3. Terathon Warrior, Wisp, Hiryu
4. Plague Beast, Kappa, Dryad.

Only problem is, the only reported plant we have from a Dryad is a cactus, which doesn't fit.

Plants:
group 1. Orfleur, Foxglove, Hops (east), Cactus
group 2. Snowdrops, Hedge (short), Cypress (plain), Juniper Bush
group 3. Poppies, Cattails, Water lily, Spider Tree
group 4. Hedge (tall) Cypress (mossy), Hops (south), Sugar Kane

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To me it looks more like 1: Ant Lion Serp Dragon Mummy
2:plague Beast Kappa Jucamage
3:Titan Dryad Tzuki Wolf
4: Wisp Teratan Warrior Hirju

Nothing fits perfectly, so eighter some messed up their seeds or there is something wrong in the design.:scholar:

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Titan seeds gave today :

-Cactus
-Foxglove
-Orfleur

Terrathan seeds gave today:

-Poppies
-Cattails

Kappa seeds gave today:

-5 Large Hedges
-Sugar cane

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could be right. We have 2 definite groups, the ones I've listed as 2 and 3, but the dryad and juka mage are doubtfuls, I may need to change them over. We'll see today I think.

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is my little chart sofar:

o = info off the forums
x = my own plants

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a feeling that some plant types are more rare then other in each group.

S

Shiloh

Just so you know the seed I got from a tsuki wolf gave me Fox Glove

F

feath

Now that we have a jello-firm idea of which monsters belong to which groups; and which groups are dropping what seeds...

my question is...

do all monsters in a group all drop those four seeds, or only up to 3? I'm thinking they'll drop them all, but so far, we've only had reports of up to 3 off one monster. (not counting coco)

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Time for my report.. i'll make it here because it seems to be the best place. I'm sure several of these have already been figured out, but I just woke up an don't have it in me to sort all of that out myself.

Kappa - Large Hedge
Titan - Foxglove, Cactus
Antlion - Cypress (the one big one without moss at the bottom)
Plague Beast - large Hedge
Wisp - Water Lily, Spider Tree, Cattails

The rest of what I currently have planted will bloom tomorrow.

Y

Yalp

can someone check the titans? I now show 6 reported seeds /// Cactus, Orfleur, Hops (r), Foxglove, Cattails, Poppies....

Y

Yalp

today I got..

Kappa - Hops (L)
Hiyru - Spider Tree (x2),
Juka Mage - Hedge (T), Sugar Cane
Serp Dragon - Cypress (plain)
Dryad - Hops (R)

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I mentioned last night, my data was bad for my "Titan" bag. I realized this morning that bag was from a Wisp . Sorry all. Here is what bloomed for me this morning.

Wisp: Spider Tree, Water Lily

Kappa: Hops (Left), Cypress (Moss), Sugar Cane, Hedge (Large)
Plague Beast: Cypress (Moss), Hedge (Large)

Mummy: Hedge (Small), Cypress (Plain), Juniper Bush

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can someone check the titans? I now show 6 reported seeds /// Cactus, Orfleur, Hops (r), Foxglove, Cattails, Poppies....
Remove Cattails. My bag was labeled wrong and is actually from a Wisp, not a Titan.

E

Eslake

Now that most of my plants are bloomed, the grouping is easy to verify.

My own plants only, alpha by monster...

A : Ant Lions, Mummies, Serpentine Dragons
Cypress, Hedges(short), Junipers, Snowdrops

B : Dryads, Titans, Tsuki Wolves
Cactus, Foxglove, Hops (, Orfleur

C : Hiryu, Terathan Warriors, Wisps
Cat Tails, Poppies, Spider Trees, Water Lillies

D : Juka Mages, Kappa, Plague Beasts
Cypress (mossy), Hedges (tall), Hops ), Sugar Cane

Cypress is differentiated because for some reason, while I have at several of all of the others, I have yet to get a single plain Cypress to bloom.
All of the others appear to be roughly equal in %, so it doesn't appear that there is any rarity factor in seeds in any group, unless the Cypress is.

I suspect they are just more inclined to infestations, as the Water Lillies are, meaning they are less often getting bonus growths from fertile dirt.
Where I have 10-14 of each of the others, I have only 5 water lillies, and most of the plants that have not bloomed yet are in A and C (Cypress and Water Lillies)

Y

Yalp

things are definitely clearing up.. I am thankful for the spread sheet here..

there are just a couple more odd ball plants which were reported out there and we need to have more confirmation on.. but it's looking very good.

R

RavenWinterHawk

I planted only 8 seeds in fertile dirt as I dont found it useful in the past.
6 of them are as slow as the ones planted in normal soil. One has jumped 3 times , its the snowdrop that I turned decorative tonight. One made 1 jump .Its a snowdrop again from an Ant Lion again.
its all random.
I did ant lions only and have 3 different plants so far.

B

Beastmaster

Me thinks you have no understanding whatsoever of what is going on.

Ant lions give 5 different plants (1 of which is cocoa).

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had 18 pop from Tsuki Wolves and got:
6 Cacti
5 Hops
5 Orfluer
2 Foxglove

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Me thinks you have no understanding whatsoever of what is going on.

Ant lions give 5 different plants (1 of which is cocoa).
All the monsters do give cocoa tree + 4 plants

It look like it's you who have no understanding

Petra and the others are correct.

Kappa, Plague Beast, Juka Mage Cypress (moss), Hedge (T), Hops )., Sugar Cane

Antlion, Serpentine Dragon, Mummies Snowdrops, Small Hedge, Juniper Bush, Cypress Tree (Plain)

Titans, Tsuki Wolf, Dryad Foxglove Flowers, Orfluer Flower, Hops (., 4 barrel green Cactus.

Terathon, Wisp, Hiryu Poppies, Cattails, Spider Tree, Water Lilly

S

Strawberry

Some of mine finally bloomed:
Juniper – ant lion, mummy
Poppies – hiryu

Y

Yalp

sweeeeett!

Looks like we just need a few confirmed growths... by my count...

Dryads... Foxglove and Orfleur
Juka Mage.... Mossy Cypress
Terathon.... Waterlilly
Hiyru.... Cattails

I have seeds from each of these groups still growing.. so I'm crossing my fingers for tomorrow!

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I finally got some to show off!!! The 2 lilys are off of a terathan and a wisp, the hedge from a Juka mage, the hops from a Tsuki wolf and the juniper from a serpentine.

Oriana

Attachments

B

Beastmaster

FrejaSP, please check the threading. My reply was to RavenWinterHawk.

AAIA

K

Kyrie_Elaison

Has anyone gotten the short hops with a curve at the end by chance? I am hoping that we will get all 4 versions, and they would only count as 2 (left and right.)

C

Ceridwen

Hope so too. :)

And used Umfufu's list to make this:
http://www.bdl-uo.de/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=85
Nothing fancy, but this way it's easier to show others how the plants look.

Edit: Just noticed, forgot to add the Cocoa Tree. Since we all know how it looks, I might as well take my time thinking about how to add it. ;)
And if you want to use the pics for a guide on Stratics, feel free to use them, since the backgrounds are all transparent. :)

A

Aboo

Hope so too. :)

And used Umfufu's list to make this:
http://www.bdl-uo.de/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=85
Nothing fancy, but this way it's easier to show others how the plants look.

Edit: Just noticed, forgot to add the Cocoa Tree. Since we all know how it looks, I might as well take my time thinking about how to add it. ;)
And if you want to use the pics for a guide on Stratics, feel free to use them, since the backgrounds are all transparent. :)
Thanks so much for doing that, it's awesome. I got tired of having to go back to other posts to find pictures, now they are all in one spot! Thanks again!

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a note about putting the plants in deco mode. I was able to do this with a tall hedge this morning and it dropped "peculiar" from the description. :D

F

feath

Has anyone gotten the short hops with a curve at the end by chance? I am hoping that we will get all 4 versions, and they would only count as 2 (left and right.)
I've not seen or heard anything about short hops. do you have a picture or is this speculation?

Y

Yalp

I also saw a post on the 4 different types of hops.. think the op got them from the picture files from the game.. but I haven't seen anything other than the 2 versions of the long form growing with the new seeds.. (short version looks like a comma (,) only larger...

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Much the same as I got together:

Kappa, Plague Beast, Juka Mage: Cypress (moss), Hedge (T), Hops )., Sugar Cane
Antlion, Serpentine Dragon, Mummies: Snowdrops, Small Hedge, Juniper Bush, Cypress Tree (Plain)

Titans, Tsuki Wolf, Dryad: Foxglove Flowers, Orfluer Flower, Hops (., 4 barrel green Cactus.
Terathon, Wisp, Hiryu: Poppies, Cattails, Spider Tree, Water Lilly

I was a little unsecure with Tsuki Wolf and Juka Mage, had them switched first

Lets hope that the chances are more or less even of getting all seed types from each monster in the group because I am really tired of fighting :gun:hiruyu and :gun:dryads! They are annoying!:D