• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

now let us solve inflation

It's like everyone made the game about the end game... meanwhile end game should be incredibly expensive to run

Which forces PvP to run Mid grade gear

Previously when items broke, they made scarcity, but now there's no item scarcity, so we need to make gold scarce

Which means we have to force gold sinks

This isn't about it being an option, fixing things means game mechanics that you might not like, and if it brings more new players than the old one lost, it's a win

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Divide everyone's bank account balance by 1,000. Give all items above 550 imbuing weight the cursed property and set their max durability to 50. Watch crafters become useful and people start looting gold again.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Gold may be broken and has not much use for it. More use - I agree will be good. Gold walls and floor in OP post are nice. I'd love to have them to replace my Niporaliem fake treasure carpet.

5 plat suit has its value in cameos, or in imbuing ingredients. And value depends on player's preference. We get lots of legendaries. with same intensity but different properties combinations. Some can be worth several hundred mil, some can be sold only 0 go per. Gold mostly help us to exchange stuff.
But if gold will really be needed for something important in game, only AFK gold grinders will prosper.
More rewards for content you just cannot do AFK will be nice.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*Sales tax like BDO
+Charge a % of the price upon trade, even private trade, disallow the creation of checks as players could drop the check on the ground and they could drop the item on the ground, if not already removed
What if I want to give something to someone for free?
Any kind of restriction to free trade merely drives trading to the forums and allows RMT and scammers to flourish. This is about as naive and as effective as the thought that putting an upper limit on the trade search would control prices.
But this is pointless to even discuss it, because:
1. They still have not fixed duping. You can tax everyone into oblivion, but as long as someone out there can dupe gold, all these measures will be a drop in a bucket.
2. Inflation is really a minor issue compared to many others being actively ignored by the Dev team. For any new player capable of farming sellable items, inflation is no longer a problem.
3. If they do decide to fix it, the fix has a rather high chance of being worse than the problem itself.

Last edited:

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
Gold sellers would LOVE all those taxes, makes me wonder if @Elementzero3000 isn't a gold seller trying to drum up business. I pay a monthly fee that well covers any fee like a tax they may want to add and the day I start paying taxes in a game like I do in real is the day I will let everything decay and close all my accounts.

samaelmcgovern

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
What's next... in-game mortgages?
Oh, that would be sick ! they could add a possibility to have a mortgage from the bank. if you don't pay back your possessions goes on public auction safes :D
and of course they could add a new npc in fel buc's den .. the loan shark. if you don't repay the debt you start to be chased by thugs that hunt you down and burn your castle :heart:
I'd love this :D

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Oh, that would be sick ! they could add a possibility to have a mortgage from the bank. if you don't pay back your possessions goes on public auction safes :D
and of course they could add a new npc in fel buc's den .. the loan shark. if you don't repay the debt you start to be chased by thugs that hunt you down and burn your castle :heart:
I would have so much debt.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would open a new server without transfers in. I think New Legacy would be a good name. Of course, I would tease y'all for 2 years before releasing it, but eventually it would fix it all.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would open a new server without transfers in. I think New Legacy would be a good name. Of course, I would tease y'all for 2 years before releasing it, but eventually it would fix it all.
Just 2 years? UO has you beat.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So people are going to lose their houses now?

:facepalm:

What's next... in-game mortgages?
I am glad you asked. There will be bankruptcy protection and eviction moratoriums for cataclysmic events such as invasions./s

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
As Lord Frodo pointed out, if the value of RMT gold transactions falls too much lower a couple of Gold sellers and the accounts that feed them would close, knocking half the actual revenue for UO out of existence and at this stage that would be game ending. RMT gold transactions have existed forever, by late 98 a million gold cost $19 US even with some mass creating it.

- Housing, a small group are using a script to place instantly and then charging 800m or more for an 18x18. This drives regular players to buy gold. Round and round it goes. So long as they take all falling house places they can set the market(and do). 2 years ago an 18x18 could be had for 50m but that's because the script got out and there was competition. The new idoc system changed things back in their favor, for now.

Anyway, love them or hate them... without them the nearly 25 year old game dies financially in the real world, period. No, more gold sinks would not change anything, it would drive more sales. UO has never had a true economy as every creature killed mints gold into the game.

It's time to enjoy UO as it is... not try to remake it. Enjoy YOUR gameplay and let others enjoy theirs. UO has a lot to offer and buying gold is not required for almost any of it.

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Fantastic!

This is SO typical of today economy & politics at large IRL, so let's introduce it (really: multiply, adding new field of appliance) in UO too!

1. Things are going well enough for too many people... so let's introduce some never asked changes in some rules (e.g.: items Shard Bounding to tackle a NOT EXISTING problem of Low Pop "abusive" farming of Drops during the Events by ATL "exploiters");
2. Darn! The changes seems to have the EXACT OPPOSITE EFFECT (i.e. & e.g..: runaway infation caused (too) by ARTIFICIALLY INTRODUCED SCARCITY on a multi-Shard level, because now not only ATL "exploiters" don't farm tons of stuff in Low Pop Shard to sell them cheaply on ATL anymore, but, guess what, neither do so the LOCAL "farmers" (above their Personal/Guild necessity) because they DON'T HAVE ANYMORE A "GLOBAL" marketsquare (ATL, as it is, and this is a FACT, like it or not quite incidental) where to sell their produce (and use the GPs so gained to buy there other stuff that they import in the Low Pop Shards of origin);
3. So panic ensue and "some people" start asking themselves "What do we do now???";
4. After some moment someone flash a "DON'T PANIC!" sticker, and they quickly agree on a solution: "MOAR OF THE SAME! MOAR SHARDBOUNDING!! THEY CAN STILL MOVE THEIR PIXPOTS FREELY between Shards!!!".

Last edited:

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
As Lord Frodo pointed out, if the value of RMT gold transactions falls too much lower a couple of Gold sellers and the accounts that feed them would close, knocking half the actual revenue for UO out of existence and at this stage that would be game ending. RMT gold transactions have existed forever, by late 98 a million gold cost $19 US even with some mass creating it.

- Housing, a small group are using a script to place instantly and then charging 800m or more for an 18x18. This drives regular players to buy gold. Round and round it goes. So long as they take all falling house places they can set the market(and do). 2 years ago an 18x18 could be had for 50m but that's because the script got out and there was competition. The new idoc system changed things back in their favor, for now.

Anyway, love them or hate them... without them the nearly 25 year old game dies financially in the real world, period. No, more gold sinks would not change anything, it would drive more sales. UO has never had a true economy as every creature killed mints gold into the game.

It's time to enjoy UO as it is... not try to remake it. Enjoy YOUR gameplay and let others enjoy theirs. UO has a lot to offer and buying gold is not required for almost any of it.
A person capable of SEEING things as they are & CALLING them their right name??? Yuou must have wandered here by chance, my friend! Beware: some of the locals are used to employ Tar & Feathers on truth-sayers... :p ;)

BTW: It is so, as you & Lod Frod say, FROM EVER (I buoght my first UO House on ebay in 2001!) and for EVERY MMORPG...

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Oh, the Public Auction Safes that have deturped Britannia City Landascape! Has anyone EVER seens a SINGLE ONE of them being used on ANY Shard???:p

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
You but be misinformed, my kind sir: the official name is "New Lunacy"...

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fantastic!

This is SO typical of today economy & politics at large IRL, so let's introduce it (really: multiply, adding new field of appliance) in UO too!

1. Things are going well enough for too many people... so let's introduce some never asked changes in some rules (e.g.: items Shard Bounding to tackle a NOT EXISTING problem of Low Pop "abusive" farming of Drops during the Events by ATL "exploiters");
2. Darn! The changes seems to have the EXACT OPPOSITE EFFECT (i.e. & e.g..: runaway infation caused (too) by ARTIFICIALLY INTRODUCED SCARCITY on a multi-Shard level, because now not only ATL "exploiters" don't farm tons of stuff in Low Pop Shard to sell them cheaply on ATL anymore, but, guess what, neither do so the LOCAL "farmers" (above their Personal/Guild necessity) because they DON'T HAVE ANYMORE A "GLOBAL" marketsquare (ATL, as it is, and this is a FACT, like it or not quite incidental) where to sell their produce (and use the GPs so gained to buy there other stuff that they import in the Low Pop Shards of origin);
3. So panic ensue and "some people" start aking themselves "What we do now???";
4. After some moment someone flash a "DON'T PANIC!" sticker, and they quickly agree on a solution: "MOAR OF THE SAME! MOAR SHARDBOUNDING!! THEY CAN STILL MOVE THEIR PIXPOTS FREELY between Shards!!!".
They don't really understand economics. Another example is putting a price ceiling on vendor-sold items in order to keep the prices down. This quite predictably drove the sales of expensive items to the forums and gen chat. At the same time, not being able to sell expensive items on vendors decreased the supply and raised the prices even further. And it produces the opposite of intended effect - higher prices.

The shard bounding is more of the same. They listen to the ill-informed who screech about "unfair" prices and complain about Atlantic. What is a fair price anyway? Can someone show me the person who decides which price is fair and which is not? But anyway, as usual they do the exact opposite of what needs to be done. Rather than allowing everyone to trade on Atlantic, and not just the veterans, they make it impossible through shard bounding. And here, like you observe, we are getting a double whammy - not only are they limiting the trade, but the original supply is severely restricted too. Because there is really little point in farming for more stuff once you equipped your own chars. And now we are coming to a situation where high prices are no longer the biggest problem. In many cases, players that missed the event will not be able to find these items for any price.
UO's favorite pastime - take a bad situation, apply a lot of thought and effort and make it worse.

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
They don't really understand economics. Another example is putting a price ceiling on vendor-sold items in order to keep the prices down. This quite predictably drove the sales of expensive items to the forums and gen chat. At the same time, not being able to sell expensive items on vendors decreased the supply and raised the prices even further. And it produces the opposite of intended effect - higher prices.

The shard bounding is more of the same. They listen to the ill-informed who screech about "unfair" prices and complain about Atlantic. What is a fair price anyway? Can someone show me the person who decides which price is fair and which is not? But anyway, as usual they do the exact opposite of what needs to be done. Rather than allowing everyone to trade on Atlantic, and not just the veterans, they make it impossible through shard bounding. And here, like you observe, we are getting a double whammy - not only are they limiting the trade, but the original supply is severely restricted too. Because there is really little point in farming for more stuff once you equipped your own chars. And now we are coming to a situation where high prices are no longer the biggest problem. In many cases, players that missed the event will not be able to find these items for any price.
UO's favorite pastime - take a bad situation, apply a lot of thought and effort and make it worse.
I totally agree with your economics consideration: at the best it's a dumbly "provincial" PoV they are using...:confused:

Even if, on point in your quote I put in bold, THIS TIME I've made... "some" provisions.

urely for the TOTALLY disintersted good of the future (ATL only, alas) Event Armor Sets collectors, clearly.

As the old saying goes: "If one is delivered bananas, one must learns to make bananade"!:p;)

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Steelrust said "(I buoght my first UO House on ebay in 2001!)"

I remember when runebooks first came out, mining and skill gain books, and even full libraries, became available on evilbay and they sold quickly. It wasn't long after that ebay banned all pixel sales.

What's funny is that UO sales helped launch ebay, literally. Virtual sales for UO, and soon after Dark Age of Camelot, accounted for a good percentage of evilbay revenue. eBay was called AuctionWeb until UO launched.

The problem of scammers was a serious one once real money got involved and scammers are what actually got ebay(via paypal pressure) to ban virtual sales. It was a crazy time to be involved with all of that. Today such scams are much more rare and players are less at risk than the RMT selling sites.

If you don't know about Tradespot or ingotdude's stories you might come to the same conclusions that were tried in the past re: Gold Farmers. This stuff got so heated it ended up in court for years and almost every "action" taken backfired spectacularly in one way or another. Right now cheating is at the level where everyone is doing it in some way but none with enough effect to alter the game. Auto-healing or auto-targeting type stuff, while technically against the terms or the game, is common. I can't even imagine going from 0 to 100 smithing manually again, I did it 10 times back in the day etc.

ANYWAY, my point is that UO, how the real world handled activities in the virtual world, and what we learned in the process is firmly a part of what made UO great. There's a good book named "Playmoney" featuring UO about it. I'd argue that we are currently in a good place. Sure, some make billions of gold with script help, but without them the game loses funding and risks closing sooner.... and they don't interfere with user gameplay as much as they once did.

This topic has really run its course from the day the game launched, most new players don't realize just how ingrained the effect was right down to ebay and paypal.

Food for thought - UO launched Richrd Garriott into space but it also helped launch ebay, which launched paypal, whose former owner now launches rockets bringing us closer to reaching Mars(Musk). One can only say "WHAT A RIDE UO HAS BEEN!!!". and I feel very old having been around since the start... and I'm not even 50 yet.

Last edited:

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Guess it is what it is
Oh it's so much more than that.

One day, when humanity is setting foot on mars, you'll realise that Ultima Online, which helped launch ebay/paypal, which helped result in the early trajectory of Spacex's Elon Musk(then paypal founder), may have made it possible for humanity to reach a REAL new world now instead of later, if ever.

It's very possible that without Ultima Online cash sales early on you're not seeing SpaceX reach for Mars today. Early cash sales and ebay/paypal success are intertwined. It's been an incredible journey.

In THAT light it's now best to play it and enjoy it as it is. Anything is possible.

For those who haven't been along for the most wild ride since launch there have been MANY battles between UO and early cash sellers, between companies like BlackSnow and virtual sellers, between ebay and scammers, etc. Many of the battles were reported blow for blow on various blogs (Gold Farming) along the way.

One thing is for sure, some got rich, including paypal for getting much funding from early sales by early adotpers. Thankfully Elon Musk, early owner of paypal, parlayed his riches into Tesla and now SpaceX. Who knew that the first steps taken in Sosaria could be linked, one day, to the first steps taken on Mars... and hopefully beyond.

Yes, thats the game we still play and love. I hope Elon buys this game when current ownership can't afford to carry it any longer, wouldn't that be fitting.

Sorry for the multiple posts but I don't think many realise just how huge an event the opening of this virtual world actually was for so many people... it's an ongoing story.

- people found each other in and got married because of this game, now they have kids turning into adults...
- people funded other projects, businesses and passions with money gotten from this game...
- people learned how to massively interact together in this game first, long before social media...

Blows the mind really. sorry for the multiple posts but nostalgia set in...

Last edited:

John Knighthawke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
As I have explained before, Ultima Online is a game, not a real life environment. The 'economy' isn't really an economy (again, because none of this is real) and as such doesn't have to work as an economy, it has to work only as a game mechanic -- it's a way for player to achieve viability within the game environment. (The fact that one cannot in real life carry 10 million gold pieces in a tiny pouch does not matter one bit.) From what I can tell most players can find a way to become viable within UO (through combinations of getting stuff as loot and using it and buying stuff with gold) so I don't really see the issue. Is the 'economy' game mechanic any more broken than anything else in this game? The answer is no.

Any RL type economic problems are in the fictional, RP background, not a game mechanic, and there's how it should be. (Kinda like how UO sword fighting does not resemble RL sword fighting very much.)

Economics as a field has a hard time really understanding RL economic activity, to say nothing of a game mechanic in an MMO that takes the form

I'm aware of one attempt, in the form of some UO player's doctoral dissertation I believe, to apply RL economic principles to UO, so the idea is out there. (I have her paper on my hard drive somewhere I think and one day I'll read it.)

But, yeah. This stuff isn't real and we can't, and shouldn't, expect RL principles to apply to it.

TLDR: UO game. UO 'economy' not economy, is game stuff. Game stuff, like all game stuff in UO, kinda sorta work enough.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Shard bond items are the single worst thing they ever did
Nothing bad for me. Good for small shards too.
Got talismans and SSI epps on 3 shards during this event. Yes, I had need to be creative, it was hard to make with fresh start on one shard. But I had fun playing the event.
Talisman is awesome. Will not lower cameo value. Same for balron armor. Want to hop shards? Buy looted/ reforged.

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Shard bounding is dumb. These items should have been account bound.
An even more dumd option, IMO: this would had mean the TOTAL STOP of any trades, considering that Collectors buy/sell them, not PvPers or PvMers: the Event Items (again, NOT the REWARDS) are NORMAL items with weird hues, nothing more...

Last edited:

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As I have explained before, Ultima Online is a game, not a real life environment. The 'economy' isn't really an economy
People who play UO are real people who behave in the same way they do in the real world. So, the economy behaves in a very similar manner, at least where supply-demand is concerned. EVE-online, another "game, not a real life environment" keeps a staff economist to help them manage inflation among other things. And that is a RL economist, not a game one.

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Nothing bad for me. Good for small shards too.
Got talismans and SSI epps on 3 shards during this event. Yes, I had need to be creative, it was hard to make with fresh start on one shard. But I had fun playing the event.
Talisman is awesome. Will not lower cameo value. Same for balron armor. Want to hop shards? Buy looted/ reforged.
Please, would you elaborate why? Not a provocation mine, just curiosity to try to understand a PoV TOTALLY different from the one I developed on my experience. Please note that I'm NOT speaking of the Events REWARDS, but of the Armor & Weapons that are used to get the rewards, and that, when an Events ends, IMO have NO REASON AT ALL to remaim Shard Bounded, having lost ANY value, beside the collectionistic one for "Low Level" (i.e.: NOT of EM stuff) Armor Sets Collectors...

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
As I have explained before, Ultima Online is a game, not a real life environment. The 'economy' isn't really an economy (again, because none of this is real) and as such doesn't have to work as an economy, it has to work only as a game mechanic -- it's a way for player to achieve viability within the game environment. (The fact that one cannot in real life carry 10 million gold pieces in a tiny pouch does not matter one bit.) From what I can tell most players can find a way to become viable within UO (through combinations of getting stuff as loot and using it and buying stuff with gold) so I don't really see the issue. Is the 'economy' game mechanic any more broken than anything else in this game? The answer is no.

Any RL type economic problems are in the fictional, RP background, not a game mechanic, and there's how it should be. (Kinda like how UO sword fighting does not resemble RL sword fighting very much.)

Economics as a field has a hard time really understanding RL economic activity, to say nothing of a game mechanic in an MMO that takes the form

I'm aware of one attempt, in the form of some UO player's doctoral dissertation I believe, to apply RL economic principles to UO, so the idea is out there. (I have her paper on my hard drive somewhere I think and one day I'll read it.)

But, yeah. This stuff isn't real and we can't, and shouldn't, expect RL principles to apply to it.

TLDR: UO game. UO 'economy' not economy, is game stuff. Game stuff, like all game stuff in UO, kinda sorta work enough.
OK, that's your PoV, I take note. Do you remember that UO is a SANDBOX game, right?

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
People who play UO are real people who behave in the same way they do in the real world. So, the economy behaves in a very similar manner, at least where supply-demand is concerned. EVE-online, another "game, not a real life environment" keeps a staff economist to help them manage inflation among other things. And that is a RL economist, not a game one.
Exactly. Games are a MULTI-BILLIONS REAL LIFE fenomenon today.

"Not real life economy"... o_O :D

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
"Funny" how almost all the "pro Shard Bounding" posters are people writing from account a few month old... :p

"Troll, troll your posts
gently down the Thread
Merilly merilly merrily
Gaslighting's just a dream"

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Please, would you elaborate why? Not a provocation mine, just curiosity to try to understand a PoV TOTALLY different from the one I developed on my experience. Please note that I'm NOT speaking of the Events REWARDS, but of the Armor & Weapons that are used to get the rewards, and that, when an Events ends, IMO have NO REASON AT ALL to remaim Shard Bounded, having lost ANY value, beside the collectionistic one for "Low Level" (i.e.: NOT of EM stuff) Armor Sets Collectors...
I think reason for this is that removing shards bound property in database for so many items can cause whatever bugs possible. And too much grief. It was never planned this way, so no time limit for shard-bound was implemented from beginning.
And what this for? to please several armor collectors who haven't collected anything during 2month event?
Can be possible to add function to Artifacts Trader. Like mage armor removal. So he will remove shard bound, but also will remove turn-in value from event drops. One by one, player-controlled.
But this way people can be scammed when buying shard - transferred items with no turn in value.
I really don't think it will be implemented.

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I think reason for this is that removing shards bound property in database for so many items can cause whatever bugs possible. And too much grief. It was never planned this way, so no time limit for shard-bound was implemented from beginning.
And what this for? to please several armor collectors who haven't collected anything during 2month event?
Can be possible to add function to Artifacts Trader. Like mage armor removal. So he will remove shard bound, but also will remove turn-in value from event drops. One by one, player-controlled.
But this way people can be scammed when buying shard - transferred items with no turn in value.
I really don't think it will be implemented.
Apologies, but I think you have no clear idea how a DB works. SB, as any other on/off property of a UO item, is simply a SINGLE flag in the DB entry of that item category: “on”, the item is SB, “off”, it isn’t. There is NO technical reason that makes impossible, or even complicate, to make the flag to switch automatically when a certain "event" (e.g.: past day X) occurs, so the ONLY reason because this is not so, is “POLITICAL”.

Last edited:

Alaric

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
The items are shard bound [not rewards] - because if they werent, I would have 20 accounts farming a low population server for 30 days, transfer it all to atl, and make a GIGAZILLION gold. Instead I had 4 accounts farming atlantic and will only make a few plat. Well played mesanna.

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The items are shard bound [not rewards] - because if they werent, I would have 20 accounts farming a low population server for 30 days, transfer it all to atl, and make a GIGAZILLION gold. Instead I had 4 accounts farming atlantic and will only make a few plat. Well played mesanna.
Account "Alaric": joined Stratics 09/28/21. The trolls are out in packs today! It's that you, Mr. K??? :p

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Apologies, but I think you have no clear idea how a DB works. SB, as any other on/off property of a UO item, is simply a SINGLE flag in the DB entry of that item category: “on”, the item is SB, “off”, it isn’t. There is NO technical reason that makes impossible, or even complicate, to make the flag to switch automatically when a certain "event" (e.g.: past day X) occurs, so the ONLY reason because this is not so, is “POLITICAL”.
I know down DB works. And I also know that this game is so complicated, with so many items, in inventory, on mannequin, on vendors, in backpacks all with different properties that it will take devs REALLY long time to study how to not cause bugs and exploits then actually adding any feature or changing flag value.
And I really don't believe collectors who are into collecting were unable to get what they want during 2 month event.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So a shard bond snowy hedge helps fix UO in what way
I pay for ALL my accounts monthly (never did the 90 day game) since 99 I still work full time and don’t want to log in for years. But I’m still willing to pay other players for there hard work for DECO and can’t because there items are shard bond ?
Really Deco Shard Bond WTF I’m a paying customer and I’m willing to pay but can’t WTF
I said it before and I’ll say it again this is by far the worst leadership ever just look at the idocs daily the open lands empty shards
At some point you have to stop blaming and coming up with excuses as to why SO many have left this game

LEADERSHIP!

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I know down DB works. And I also know that this game is so complicated, with so many items, in inventory, on mannequin, on vendors, in backpacks all with different properties that it will take devs REALLY long time to study how to not cause bugs and exploits then actually adding any feature or changing flag value.
And I really don't believe collectors who are into collecting were unable to get what they want during 2 month event.
Well then: let's agree to disagree on this!:) ;)

BTW: with "If one want them, one have 3 months to get them" you ignore the main point of this Thread: SB destroy inter-Shards trade for SB Items, so late comer (e.g.: players that were out of the game during one Event), will find de facto impossible to EVER complete their collection in ALL Shards beside ATL (and even there certain pieces are really difficult to score already a few DAYS after an event closes: think of pratically ALL the Garg stuff...).

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just curious how more people would stop play if every item was account bond from loot ?

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Well then: let's agree to disagree on this!:) ;)

BTW: with "If one want them, one have 3 months to get them" you ignore the main point of this Thread: SB destroy inter-Shards trade for SB Items, so late comer (e.g.: players that were out of the game during one Event), will find de facto impossible to EVER complete their collection in ALL Shards beside ATL (and even there certain pieces are really difficult to score already a few DAYS after an event closes: think of pratically ALL the Garg stuff...).
I was playing gargoyles on ATL . No one ever asked for gargoyles drops . I yelled several times before mass turn in, proposing 1:1 trade for collectors . No posts here on forum.
So I got several suits and turned in rest. On Asuka I kept 200+ items on vendor. 3 we're sold.
Keep this dozens of stuff on vendor forever hoping that one day one item will be sold ? No way. I better have Epps or Balron armor for my toons.
Also why devs should care about people who are out of game for months ? They must push us to sub our accounts 100%of time. This is how they make money.

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I was playing gargoyles on ATL . No one ever asked for gargoyles drops . I yelled several times before mass turn in, proposing 1:1 trade for collectors . No posts here on forum.
So I got several suits and turned in rest. On Asuka I kept 200+ items on vendor. 3 we're sold.
Keep this dozens of stuff on vendor forever hoping that one day one item will be sold ? No way. I better have Epps or Balron armor for my toons.
Also why devs should care about people who are out of game for months ? They must push us to sub our accounts 100%of time. This is how they make money.
Not everybody look at ingame chat (i don't do, e.g.: too many teens PvPers bragging and insulting... :p ;)) . I still need a couple of pieces of Garg Demonic on ATL: do you have ICQ?