• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

noooo

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I ain't gonna know how to act not having to ignore the spam bots..
We had spam way before we had EJ. We'll still have to deal with it....maybe just not as much.

One small step in the right direction!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
We had spam way before we had EJ. We'll still have to deal with it....maybe just not as much.

One small step in the right direction!
True.. but that was back when the Devs were not ban happy over it. I kind of think they are over that phase...

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Only bad thing about this is any EJ that comes to a EM event (they cannot get the drop anyway) and the EM only talks in General chat as most will, they never see what going on. And miss all the role play.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Only bad thing about this is any EJ that comes to a EM event (they cannot get the drop anyway) and the EM only talks in General chat as most will, they never see what going on. And miss all the role play.
Usually Atlantic's EM makes their own chat channel. Hopefully EJ's will be able to access that.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
New players can make gold selling the runes and books laying around. :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Usually Atlantic's EM makes their own chat channel. Hopefully EJ's will be able to access that.
That message in the OP says they can only join help.

Have to guild them so they can talk to others. If you can find them now.

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You just want to fatten my heart up to eat.
I have no digestive system. And even if I did, your shrivelled bitter heart is unclean meat by the standards of my faith and I would not allow a morsel of it to pass my luscious lips. You dirty, dirty man.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I’m in game, I’m in Help Chat.

Mayb to soon to tell as those dbag spammers may find a work around. But it looks like devs just ruined my Help Chat home :bored::(o.0

Jepeth

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have no digestive system. And even if I did, your shrivelled bitter heart is unclean meat by the standards of my faith and I would not allow a morsel of it to pass my luscious lips. You dirty, dirty man.
As a Paladin my heart is quite pure.

But, as a meat-eater, it is filled with cholesterol...

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a Paladin my heart is quite pure.

But, as a meat-eater, it is filled with cholesterol...
My dear, friends of mine dress and bejewel the brothels of Luna. I've heard their stories. There is nothing filthier and more diseased than a Paladin's heart.

Well, perhaps one thing.

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exiled to the help channel! What disgrace has befallen one so glorious as I! Have I sinned? Did I commit some grave misdeed, to be banished to the void with the Avatars, the Bidens and the Johns? I do not want their corrupted riches. I despise them. They are as dirt beneath my feet. My lamentations rise to heaven! Take this curse from upon me! I am too beautiful to be treated in this way!

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am sorry for you but i had left All channel because of thoose rmt.
Please send the rmt sellers your thoughts via Email or discord.

My idea was to allow a switch into another channel Show ej accounts a puzzle like rescue of the little Tiger pets and start each Session into the help channel.
But this was not implemented.

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Captcha systems can be identified and broken. This is a good solution, although making a new default channel callled "EJ Accounts" rather than Help may have been a missed improvement. You don't want a spammy Help channel in a confusing 20+ year old game

Jepeth

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
My dear, friends of mine dress and bejewel the brothels of Luna. I've heard their stories. There is nothing filthier and more diseased than a Paladin's heart.

Well, perhaps one thing.
Perhaps that's why the first spell they teach us is Remove Curse/Extermo Vomica.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Well, that blows... guess it would take a lot of coding to make it to where just Gen Chat was inaccessible to them.
nope far easy to make sure they had to use help only, which no one except those in help guilds will be in. I like the suggestion about guild them, hard to do if you not an emissary.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
nope far easy to make sure they had to use help only, which no one except those in help guilds will be in.
True... with the exception being folks looking to scam them on any high end loot they possibly loot. Maybe enough honest vets will be in there to keep that from happening too often.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, that blows... guess it would take a lot of coding to make it to where just Gen Chat was inaccessible to them.
That is the way the trial accounts were for how many years but now it is a problem with the EJ Accounts. They gave the EJ Accounts way to much freedom, they should have just taken away the 14 days and been done with it also they should have done the welcome back for Dec every year and been done with it.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did I commit some grave misdeed
Yes. It was the sin of [OOC] not signing up your credit card for a monthly or semi-annual hit. Mine is semi-annual. I'd recommend that. I've been scarce in-game recently, but when the next kill-the-new-spawn comes out, I'll make up for it. Like Lord Frodo, there, I'm in 'til the servers are shut down (or I have a heart attack).

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please, nobody take this outburst as an official complaint. I am simply unable to contain my emotion over having been impacted in this way, and have been suddenly cut off from my one and only outlet: screaming at innocent passersby in the town square. But I understand the necessity of the decision, and support its implementation, even though it has further diminished my wretched miserable undead experience. I am, you see, a diplomatic and very reasonable man.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is a truly wicked casualty for our game. The likes of Lindae in general chat have a profound effect on the spirit of the players. He is like the Pied Piper who we woul gladly walk into a burning pit of oil, or a maddening swarm of infected and crazed zealots, all for a lollipop.

I sincerely hope that there is an option that becomes available for approving EJ accounts that can use general chat.

Woe is me.

*walks off into a river of fire in honor of Lindae*

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is a truly wicked casualty for our game. The likes of Lindae in general chat have a profound effect on the spirit of the players. He is like the Pied Piper who we woul gladly walk into a burning pit of oil, or a maddening swarm of infected and crazed zealots, all for a lollipop.

I sincerely hope that there is an option that becomes available for approving EJ accounts that can use general chat.

Woe is me.

*walks off into a river of fire in honor of Lindae*
Yeah the option is to pay for your account.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah the option is to pay for your account.
Obviously, but not every player today has that ability for what ever reason.

There are many fine players from days of old who have come back to play because EJ affords them the ability to do so. Many of these players add great value to the game and those they interact with. You can't classify all EJ accounts as spammers, scammers, losers etc. I'm simply saying that the next review should include something along the lines of EJ accounts that have been past paid accounts for a certain amount of time be allowed access to general chat if there are no dings on said account. There's also something to be said for keeping these people actively involved in their community and GC has been the method for many a year now. I'm not offering any opinion as to whether that's a good or bad thing. It just is.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I find it very hard to believe that a person can afford a computer and internet service but can not afford $10 a month, if your budget is that tight then maybe you need to stop and save yourself some electricity money that you are spending on UO and surfing the web. 4 people dinner out will pay you subs for 6 months easy.

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find it very hard to believe that a person can afford a computer and internet service but can not afford $10 a month, if your budget is that tight then maybe you need to stop and save yourself some electricity money that you are spending on UO and surfing the web. 4 people dinner out will pay you subs for 6 months easy.
Do not presume to advise me on my budgeting, you hairy little man. My personal savings are long since spent on exotic biomatter for my necromantic masterpieces, and I lost access to the coffers of my inheritance when my ungrateful daughter cast me out of the house to live in the paddocks with the foxes and feral cats.

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exiled from my house, exiled from my family, exiled from general chat, all in the space of a week! I cannot bear it, my heart cannot bear it, I would lie down and die if I only could.