• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

noooo

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You are incapable of loving anything, and I resent that sweet word's very presence on your hideous tongue.
Hey just stating the overbearingly obvious, that sometimes, too much is just that...too much. Don't feel too bad though, I feel the same way about that dude that RPs a frog, or a slime, or whatever it's got in its pocketsizzz...

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not only that, he kicked me out of my house. I walked through the front door a few days ago and there's Lindae standing in the middle of the library. He looks at me and says 'This is my house now. Leave'. So I said 'okay' considering that, as usual when around Lindae, I am at a loss for words. So I walked back out the front door and headed to one of my other homes close by. I poured myself a glass of wine, sat down at my desk and started to relive what the hell just happened to me. In the proverbial blink of an eye I lost a castle. I mean, he's a good friend and all so I hate to say he can't have it and frankly one does not mess with Lindae so I'm sorta at a loss.

Well I suppose like with most things, I'll just sit back and watch the world spin and agitate. I just hope my castle and the neighborhood can stand the test of Lindae.

[Glad you're back]

Respectfully,

AW

Last edited:

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@amber I need a rune to your remaining castle so I can stuff its mailbox full of useless omelet.
Nay my friend! Maybe your incessant littering of my mailbox, now Lindae's mailbox, will drive him over the edge and he will vacate. But the more likely all the trinkets, doodads, pancakes and omelets will keep him quietly entertained for hours on end. *grumbles*

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At this point the majority of people playing this game are not young kids anymore. If someone 30+ years old can't afford to pay the sub then they probably have more important things to worry about in their life than playing UO.

You're absolutely right. They do have more important things to worry about in their life than playing UO.

I have known many people who play this game during my 25 year that have lost their internet or lost their electricity, didn't know where their next meal was going to come from. Due to the loss of a job, due to their wife walking out on them with everything including their life savings, due to a husband doing the same, due to the breadwinner dying when they lived hand to mouth, due to medical bills for hospitalizations of their babies, spouses, loved ones, elderly parents on and on. Not everyone lives with proverbial silver spoon.

Thank goodness they can come play a game that offers them some relief and find some kindness during a time when they most need it.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You're absolutely right. They do have more important things to worry about in their life than playing UO.

I have known many people who play this game during my 25 year that have lost their internet or lost their electricity, didn't know where their next meal was going to come from. Due to the loss of a job, due to their wife walking out on them with everything including their life savings, due to a husband doing the same, due to the breadwinner dying when they lived hand to mouth, due to medical bills for hospitalizations of their babies, spouses, loved ones, elderly parents on and on. Not everyone lives with proverbial silver spoon.

Thank goodness they can come play a game that offers them some relief and find some kindness during a time when they most need it.
Having gone through almost all of the above you posted, I can say worrying about whether my UO account was EJ or subscribed was the last thing I was thinking about.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Having gone through almost all of the above you posted, I can say worrying about whether my UO account was EJ or subscribed was the last thing I was thinking about.
There are honest brokers that sell LEGIT store GT codes for gold. You literally dont even have to pay rl $ for a subbed acct.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There are honest brokers that sell LEGIT store GT codes for gold. You literally dont even have to pay rl $ for a subbed acct.

Buying game time codes from a 3rd party site is about the only violation of the UO ToS that Mesanna will still talk about. The origin of those codes is dubious, at best.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Buying game time codes from a 3rd party site is about the only violation of the UO ToS that Mesanna will still talk about. The origin of those codes is dubious, at best.
I said broker not 3dp sites. There are legit brokers who will buy directly from origin and give you a legit code.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I said broker not 3dp sites. There are legit brokers who will buy directly from origin and give you a legit code.

NEWS FLASH: If you are buying it from a broker, you are buying it from a 3rd party site.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
the endless cheating account bots were endlessly vender searching for items that were at or below certain prices. then they would go buy and resell.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
NEWS FLASH: If you are buying it from a broker, you are buying it from a 3rd party site.
No, lots of brokers dont use websites. It's a 3d party, but not a site. They work by word of mouth. Havent you played this game a long time? You've never heard even a chatter of a trusted broker? They have been around a long time.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
No, lots of brokers dont use websites. It's a 3d party, but not a site. They work by word of mouth. Havent you played this game a long time? You've never heard even a chatter of a trusted broker? They have been around a long time.

LOL most of the "brokers" I know of, are in reality, gold sellers. :(

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
LOL most of the "brokers" I know of, are in reality, gold sellers. :(
Touche, it has been years since I've used a broker. Maybe the whole systems different. There used to be reliable people who would just use their CC to grab a code.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tapatalk users.

Follow the little arrows at the upper left corner of your app's screen, until you left the board and are in your own menu. At the upper right, there's a person icon - click it.
Choose "settings".
Choose "signature".
Disable the signature, or at least remove the sentence about your phone.

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like you already have. How many brain cells do you have left?
Technically zero, as my grey matter has long since crumbled into dust alongside the rest of my soft tissues. My cognition is powered now by the twin engines of magic and rage.

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Draws his silver Katana of Vanquishing* I can help thee with that.
You see? You see this?? The man responds to my family drama by holding me at swordpoint! Here I am, an honest taxpayer, threatened with a long hard glistening symbol of violent masculinity for the crime of airing my emotions! Do I deserve this? Just because I am a hideous shambling skeleton who made a bargain with eldritch forces beyond my comprehension?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You see? You see this?? The man responds to my family drama by holding me at swordpoint! Here I am, an honest taxpayer, threatened with a long hard glistening symbol of violent masculinity for the crime of airing my emotions! Do I deserve this? Just because I am a hideous shambling skeleton who made a bargain with eldritch forces beyond my comprehension?
Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wait a minute, how can you be a taxpayer you mean they pay village idiots what is the tax on 1 gp a month

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm betting you would have had better luck with looting that turkey's corpse of it's feathers and 2 birds than Lindae's corpse. Unless he was on his way to Moonglow trying to pawn off my.. umm.... his rares.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, he does have a castle now.

Sent from the cheapest phone Wal-Mart sells not using Tapatalk.
I heard he moved in and just took over the place and with the no eviction order here then she is just stuck with him, hard to get rid of squatters now a days.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To everyone that thinks it is easy to afford a game.
Let me give you all a life lesson. Before January 2019 my wife and my self where makeing around 6k to 8k a month depending on overtime. After taxes are take home was around 4k. We where in a major car crash. I and my wife have both been out of work. So for the year of 2019 we ended up together bring in 10k. We lived off savings for 2019. Now for 2020 we did not bring anything home. I had to empty my retirement account so for 2020 taxes I will be negative income. Will most likely be same this year. Where I live its not cheap. We have 3 kids all under 5. Mortgage 2500 a month if you rent your paying the same amount. The family car was totalled. We still had are Rav4 and my project car. Both did not fit 3 car seats. So had to buy a new car with the insurance money for old. Paying 1k a month for car and insurance long with house so there 3500 down. Now add food and other brings to 4500. Have sold both other cars, my collections and other things just to make ends meet. Had to give up smokeing and drinking. Have not had even a pop in months. So to some of you 20 not alot per month but to others it is.

Why have a 3 kid if going thrown all this. Wife was 5 weeks before car crash. We did not know. Doctors told us the baby was gone she now 15 months.

Government help from Covid nope lost both are jobs before covid hit. And now there gone but that does nothing for us.

Just finished 2nd operation waiting on 3rd wife been waiting for her 2nd one.

So you all need to think not everyone is the same.

I can keep going but can't type anymore

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just read this entire thread, again, this time out loud to my wife. My tears of joy fell on the barren soil of her unamused visage. I recheck every update waiting for the moment when Garth finds himself stuck at sea with one somewhat soggy and put upon lich stowaway. Sometimes you have to wade through a hundred complaint threads to find a single sublime one. I dont know Lindae but for a fleeting second I felt the injustice of this change with all my being. Then I remembered what a tool Avatar is, and Lindae's plea was like the buzzing of a gnat, or the post of a Popps to me, which is to say, below my notice.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To everyone that thinks it is easy to afford a game.
Let me give you all a life lesson. Before January 2019 my wife and my self where making around 6k to 8k a month depending on overtime. After taxes are take home was around 4k. We were in a major car crash. I and my wife have both been out of work. So for the year of 2019 we ended up together bring in 10k. We lived off savings for 2019. Now for 2020 we did not bring anything home. I had to empty my retirement account so for 2020 taxes I will be negative income. Will most likely be same this year. Where I live its not cheap. We have 3 kids all under 5. Mortgage 2500 a month if you rent your paying the same amount. The family car was totalled. We still had are Rav4 and my project car. Both did not fit 3 car seats. So had to buy a new car with the insurance money for old. Paying 1k a month for car and insurance long with house so there 3500 down. Now add food and other brings to 4500. Have sold both other cars, my collections and other things just to make ends meet. Had to give up smoking and drinking. Have not had even a pop in months. So to some of you 20 not a lot per month but to others it is.

Why have a 3 kid if going thrown all this. Wife was 5 weeks before car crash. We did not know. Doctors told us the baby was gone she now 15 months.

Government help from Covid nope lost both are jobs before covid hit. And now there gone but that does nothing for us.

Just finished 2nd operation waiting on 3rd wife been waiting for her 2nd one.

So you all need to think not everyone is the same.

I can keep going but can't type anymore
I feel your pain. My sister was in a car crash in 2014, broke her arm. She considers herself fortunate that was her only injury. If it wasn't for my job our accounts would be gone. Most UO players just don't get life can change at the blink of an eye. I honestly think that they would. I mean just today we learned of the passing of a long time dear UO player. Unfortunately this game cultivates greed, selfishness, and self-centeredness. Why, I don't know. I believe this started when the game shifted from skills based to item based. I also place a good deal of blame of at the feet of Mesanna, she has catered to, coddled, and kissed up to the "Rares Collectors". The unfortunate result is Players fight each for the latest EM event drop to haul off to Atlantic to sell for a Billion Platinum or certain unnamed players running scripts to place houses then selling them for 100s to 1000s of real life dollars. I have nothing but contempt for those that make a living off RMT. To one person that 20 bucks is a subscription, but to Danpal that 20 bucks is bread, milk, and eggs for his children. Maybe some of y'all instead of being greedy and selfish pay for him a month of UO or better yet buy a bill of groceries from the walmart and have delivered to his house.

Last edited:

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(OOC: I am pretty poor irl but am not suffering from the kind of life problems that have been described above, so please don't be concerned for me. Thank you to all who have shared, reminding the rest of us how important this funny little digital world is as a coping mechanism for so many of us, and how difficult things are right now for a lot of lovely people who deserve happier, more peaceful lives. EJ gave me the opportunity to play for free at a time when I really couldn't even afford $15, and I wouldn't have come back here without it, and I am so thankful that it was available as an option. EJ players can still be guilded and get their interaction that way, so it still serves its purpose - I actually think the gen chat restriction was a good idea, and necessary to stop the bots. This game is a very precious thing. Love you all! Happy holidays!)