• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS NLS Newsletter #13

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
“Nobody asked for this”

Does everything in the world need someone to ask for it to be made before it is made? No.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Maybe I missed it somewhere because after the first page I started to kind of just quickly skim through post but there appears to be 3 pages (150 posts) from the Newsletter on literally just the stupid house placement near the bridge and NL. Literally nothing else about any other the upcoming events.

I don't know about anyone else but the newsletter was a bit of excitement for me because after 3 months I finally have some new content to look forward to! The dynamic treasures sound like it will be later (April/May maybe) and the color of items will be a zombie green color. It will be interesting to see what stats are on the quiver/apron/sash because with the limited options we currently have something like 5 SSI on either the sash or apron would be huge. Also looks like we are getting weapons to help... I'm just hoping they are usable (ie not antique) and have properties that synergize with a warrior (ie slayer (maybe double slayer) / mana leech / hit spell / hit area / etc). The other important thing will be the cost of the items. Things need to be within reason but I think they got that down with the last event.

One thing I was a bit sad to see is there is no neck / arms / garg earrings type reward for something like the Balron armor. Still excited to see what the mods on all those items are.

Also wondering if the book we used the clicky for during V-day was the lore book for this event cycle.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Also wondering if the book we used the clicky for during V-day was the lore book for this event cycle.
it might have clues to the dynamic quest.
but usually the dynamic quests have something that we click on.
(example: the items from Amoeba island)

I know I wouldn't mind another Lore book
detailing the dynamic quests...
but there are some of the items on display that are intriguing.
(I know i want one of each of those candles. love the colors)

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here is there plan.

You have NL for one season then its deleted.

Now hear me out. Right before it being deleted you get to transfer your newish to to any shard.

Now hear is the good part.
Mesanna come out and says we are closeing some shards. You liked starting on a new shard and now you get to take some things and move once again.
Yes, they should close ATL!

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I don't think it's started yet

Patch yes but they still got to flip the switch

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can tell by most of the 5 pictures where the locations are. I know it has not begun.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lep·i·dop·ter·ist
/ˌlepəˈdäpt(ə)rəst/
Learn to pronounce

noun

Googled : A person who studies or collects butterflies and moths.
Yes we know that. Where do you think Butterflies would be in UO? Those little pink seeds probably represent Butterflies or Moths. The green things cocoons.

1648008723514.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1648016506036.png
By Destard Entry Curio Collector
1648016648039.png
Monk of the Virtues at Lyceum entry
1648016697436.png
The Horticulturist in New Magincia
1648016817281.png
The Parrot Aviarist Eodon right before the Pyramid where Zippy Lives

@Larisa can make the Guide when active.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You are correct @Pawain - Quest is active on ATL

Looks like everyone wants eggs. Time to go hunt for them!

Edit** I found all NPCs except for the Curio... doesn't appear to be outside Destard

Last edited:

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
They seem to be up on Great Lakes - haven't found the Curio. Also, need to find the eggs!

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Update - Eggs are found all over the place (usually wooded area) on the ground. Control Shift method seems to work best but after running around for the past 30-45min hitting ctr/shift my hand is already cramping lol. This appears to be a bot friendly event as you can just setup multiple accounts to go roam the woods and pickup easter eggs :(

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah all the quest givers want eggs....so far my friend has found one :/

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I wonder if it was Misk that blocked those emails to Mesanna from Hotmale? Lol :thumbup:

Last edited:

Scarlett

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
The quest is npcs who ask for a specific amount of eggs from you. You can choose to repeat any of them to get the item again. I see nothing by destard. I have all but the curio npc.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You are correct @Pawain - Quest is active on ATL

Looks like everyone wants eggs. Time to go hunt for them!

Edit** I found all NPCs except for the Curio... doesn't appear to be outside Destard
The eggs don't make bunnies? Will have to put those in stable to keep them. Darn. And have to keep eggs.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
1648041746635.png

So far have found 3 yellow rabbits, no other colors yet.

5 Yellow Rabbits so far...I"m guessing that's gonna be the common color lol
1648041889141.png

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
add water to the reward from New Magincia
I am definitely going to keep one of saplings though.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
1648044981536.png

Yeah I got a boring one first time lol but still cute :)

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My gues for locations:
1648045118165.png Eodon - near the Pyramid
1648044288944.png Somewhere in New Magincia - Plant Growing Areas

1648044338614.png Entrance of the Lycaeum / Moonglow

1648044403298.png Felu or Tram? Maybe Ilsh? Ter Mur
Any mountain can be considered that you can walk up or down from west to east or vice versa and that has grassy areas in front of it. Possible corners Tram / Fel
1648044733724.png Destard

1648044684240.png Britain north to Bog of Desolation

1648044839877.png Covetus

1648044917628.png Hyloth and Shrine of Humility

Cannot control if quest is active on DF at the moment so someone feels free to check my guess :)

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
hmm..not sure what to do with the item you get after turning in the eggs.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
1648047025331.png

Hue 2748

Toggling 20 eggs as quest items is A PAIN! lol

IGaretjaxI

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Most eggs are 25XX or 19XX hued but I have found 2076 hued as well...
1648047827225.png

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Are the rabbits found like the eggs? just random places?
i have found the yellow ones in Jhelom sheep & cow pen.
And at Delucia....
while at Delucia I also saw an egg disappear & a plain rabbit appeared in the exact same spot.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yea the eggs were pretty spread out this morning when I made a run. I was able to find 5 (took me 45min or so) to get the butterfly but it seems like decoration. The 25 eggs required for the candles is going to be rough unless there is some sort of strategy I'm missing to finding the eggs.

I've found all the NPCs except the Curio and each reward seems like it's just decoration. Hoping that there is something usable that comes from this event since I really don't have the room (or desire) to lockdown a bunch of different colored candles/plants/butterflies/parrots.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We are not finding many eggs on LS. The players are making up stuff. Have to kill rabbits to get eggs, wait for rabbit to lay an egg, release rabbit in a pen to make an egg. Need more eggs.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
We are not finding many eggs on LS. The players are making up stuff. Have to kill rabbits to get eggs, wait for rabbit to lay an egg, release rabbit in a pen to make an egg. Need more eggs.
Yea it was the same for me this morning. I definitely think that there are some places they spawn much more than others. For example I looked around the hedgemaze and only found 1 in about 20min of patrolling the area... In that same time period another guy said he found 6. He wouldn't tell me where but he did show me and he had 8 total eggs (and that was only maybe an hour after server up).

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone spotting any funny nodraw tiles since this all went in?

Found in Hidden Valley Fel Atlantic:

1648066921414.png

Found another west of Yew on the coast that said "GARGOYLE FINALE - DO NOT DELETE"