• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New seeds found (Spoiler Alert!!)

A

Amathist of PoC

So have we completed the search list yet? How goes the wacky seed races on test center hehehee

M

Moonstar

Kaleb the 2 hedges are shown on the test center update post. they showed a picture of them too.

I was sure they'd be giving us hedges. I'm glad for it . and bet gardners who sell them will be selling alot because hedges are good for outlining your yard and it can take a whole lot of them if you have a big plot. I will prob need 10-15 and can get rid of the ugly short walls

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So it has to be one of the Yamatsu guys for spellcasting two legged guy...unless that Elder's staff counts as another leg they are out :)

E

Evilminion

Can't even say how thrilled I was to see that short and tall hedge pieces are going to be part of the new botany group. At last, I can do a little hedge maze on a friend's castle roof! :D

Still very sad about the cocoa tree graphic, though. :sad3:

G

galefan2004

It said that it was a karma sensitive creature in ilsh that gave the seed so my guess is the pixies that hang around the champ spawn
i REALLY hope it isnt a unicorn
Dryads and satyrs are also karma sensitive.

A

Amathist of PoC

Has anyone compiled a list I am a little confused by some of the posts, are all found yet?

F

feath

Has anyone compiled a list I am a little confused by some of the posts, are all found yet?
that i've noticed

Got one off a mummy
Found one on a terathan in spider dungeon
Dryad's have seeds I just got one
Tokuno Bipedal = Kappa, Tsuki Wolf, ???
Bug-type = Antlion
Found in Despise = Titan
Swamp Creature = Plague Beast
Karma-sensitive Ilsh = Serpentine Dragon

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hiyrus have one me and Lycanthropy got one. Took me five kills to get one I kept getting uncommon ones then finally got the error one.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the great work guys! I haven't been able to play for over a week due to other commitments nor play around with this in TC :(

Evilminion: Yes me too - woot hedges! Argh I should have sold my o'hii tree rubble instead of hoarding them!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
collating data so far:

1 Titan
2 antlion
3 kappa
4 tsuki wolf
5 plague beast
6 Serpentine Dragon
7 dryad
8 Hiryu
9 terathon warrior (thanks for clarifying that Kalzaketh & Nexus)
10 mummy
11 ?
12 ?

'Humanoid mage' might be evil mages?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And if I'm not mistaken, the last two should come from a humanoid spellcaster (unless that's the titan, but I don't think so) and a compact size creature.

K

kalzaketh

another lesser creature found on tc folks, the terathon warriors, looked like avery lowend seed on avery lowend critter, for myself arcanist was best as natures fury even took out the super fast blackwidow spawn in the terry cave across from the inn along the roadat the entrance you are in the arachnid woods of spiritualitythere's avery fast spawn of reapers to run through to get to the cave ent, the cave is covered by agiant cobweb goodhunting folks

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
collating data so far:

1 Titan
2 antlion
3 kappa
4 tsuki wolf
5 plague beast
6 Serpentine Dragon
7 dryad
8 Hiryu
9 terathon ? (drone/warrior/avenger/matriach??)
10 mummy
11 ?
12 ?

'Humanoid mage' might be evil mages?
Pulled one off a Terathan warrior...

Y

Yalp

Heard Lesser and greater Hyrus, Kappa and Tsuki wolf in Tok. Anyone confirm the lessers?

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jezz, sorry i thought id just toss a few ideas out here, i'll shut up just for you...
Wasn't asking you to shut up. :x
For the record, "bipedal" means a creature that walks on two legs.

Anyway, updating the list:

Tokuno Bipedal = Kappa, Tsuki Wolf, Hiryu
Bug-type = Antlion
Found in Despise = Titan
Twisted Weald = Dryad
Arachnid = Terethan (only Warrior?)
Compact-sized = ???
Undead = Mummy
Humanoid Spellcaster = ???

The spellcaster would most likely be either the Evil Mage/Evil Mage Lord or the Orc Mage. Compact-sized... birds, rabbits, chickens, cats, rats, and squirrels would probably be the best to look into... birds would be my best bet (and I mean the generic birds.. the ones that have dozens of names but one sprite).

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the most compact sized creature I can think of are those dratted imps. I always have a heck of a time targeting between their size, colour and the way flit about.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mmm maybe the humanoid spellcaster is the titan and the despise one is another creature?

I will try to check other despise creatures...

J

Jeremy

Sakkarah just pinged me to say there are a few other monsters to look for - "an arachnid, a compact-sized creature, an undead and a humanoid spellcaster." I'll update the notes today.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
the most compact sized creature I can think of are those dratted imps. I always have a heck of a time targeting between their size, colour and the way flit about.

Pixies?

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I killed about 30 pixies yesterday and didn't get anything.. either I was unlucky, or they don't drop 'em.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great detective work all!

As for kappas and crafters, maybe one on one, but kappa are gang babies so, nooooo!

I cannot kill any of the rest at all on a crafter so maybe the dev who said we could was just hoping?

Orcs are short, sorta compact.

Chrome

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wasn't asking you to shut up. :x
For the record, "bipedal" means a creature that walks on two legs.

Anyway, updating the list:

Tokuno Bipedal = Kappa, Tsuki Wolf, Hiryu
Bug-type = Antlion
Found in Despise = Titan
Twisted Weald = Dryad
Arachnid = Terethan (only Warrior?)
Compact-sized = ???
Undead = Mummy
Humanoid Spellcaster = ???

The spellcaster would most likely be either the Evil Mage/Evil Mage Lord or the Orc Mage. Compact-sized... birds, rabbits, chickens, cats, rats, and squirrels would probably be the best to look into... birds would be my best bet (and I mean the generic birds.. the ones that have dozens of names but one sprite).
Last two monsters are ...
Wisp(compact-sized)
Juka mage(Humanoid Spellcaster but Juka is Reptile)

U

ultima online

Great detective work all!

As for kappas and crafters, maybe one on one, but kappa are gang babies so, nooooo!

I cannot kill any of the rest at all on a crafter so maybe the dev who said we could was just hoping?

Orcs are short, sorta compact.
serpentine dragons are easy for a crafter with magery and good karma, couple of eathies or evs for a while, serpie drags (even paragons) only go for negative karma chars and same with most of the creatures around it. tough bit might be getting to them though.

M

Moonstar

wisp ended up being the compact one

the list is now

Twisted weald~ Dryad
Despise(among other places)~Titan
3 Tokuno ~ Kappa, Tsuki Wolf, Hiryu
Swamp creature~Plague Beast
Bug type~Antlion *can be found in ant hole
Karma sensitive in ilshnar ~ Serpentine Dragon
Arachnid ~ Terathon
compact size~Wisp
undead~mummy
humanoid spellcaster ~ Juka Mage

M

Moonstar

where can serpentine dragons be found easily and regularly?
i know the champ spawn in ilshnar spawns them but i also knwo they spawn somewhere else that i cant remember.

D

DHMagicMan_1

not quite, there are 12 monsters divided in 4 groups of 3 monsters.

There is a total of 16 new plants, plus the cocoa tree, so 17. The reason we say 15 is because there are 2 types of hedges (tall and short). The plants are divided into 4 groups of 4 plants each.

Each monster group will have 4 new seeds plus the cocoa seed, so 5 seeds per monster group.
There are 16 PLUS the Cocoa so 17 TOTAL? You're KILLING me!!! :gun:

I love that we're finally getting a little gardening love but you already had a system in place that could take 3 random drop seeds and cross etc... to generate 4 generations and end up with a total of 17 plants... if you were adding 17 new plants at a single time, why didn't you just give us three new seeds and let us cross and grow and have fun with them? Make them independant and uncrossable from the original set?

I know I'll enjoy them for the next 30 days or so but I can't believe that mutants with nothing but deco mode will hold our interest the way the original gardening system has. :(

Oh well.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is one serpantine dragon that spawns in the serpentine passage in Ish. Take Honesty moongate, run north to Mistas (you can kill the Juka Mages there), and the passage on the other end of the city. Centaur, pixies, wisps, and a serpentine dragon spawn there, so as long as you have positive karma, nothing will attack you unless you attack it.

F

Flora Green

There are 16 PLUS the Cocoa so 17 TOTAL? You're KILLING me!!! :gun:

I love that we're finally getting a little gardening love but you already had a system in place that could take 3 random drop seeds and cross etc... to generate 4 generations and end up with a total of 17 plants... if you were adding 17 new plants at a single time, why didn't you just give us three new seeds and let us cross and grow and have fun with them? Make them independant and uncrossable from the original set?

I know I'll enjoy them for the next 30 days or so but I can't believe that mutants with nothing but deco mode will hold our interest the way the original gardening system has. :(

Oh well.
Yep. Because bonsai and mutants are so popular. :sad4: Glad there are so many "crafter" friendly monsters to kill, too.

However, thanks to everyone for the work put in to discover who and what drop the seeds. Really appreciate it. :)

M

Millie

Glad there are so many "crafter" friendly monsters to kill, too.
My poor little crafter will have a hard time killing many of the things listed, most of them she won't be able to kill at all. :blushing:

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So the list is complete? :(

Whomever from EA Mythis who said crafters could handle a few well, imho, shame on you.

As always there is catch with new toys from this group. The idea that making seeds hard to get will not keep players interested. IMHO that is, lol! Thinking this team would helpmake the game fun was my mistake. Only I can make it fun for me. Fooled again, ha! They are just toy givers and fire makers now. To me.

No crossing plants too, gosh get off WOW please and see what UO really is.

Yea I am disgusted with the EA team. I want a UO team back please.

So gl to all who think this is a good thing. I agree anything new is good for five or ten minutes too. Looked forward to this, like an idiot. :(

D

DHMagicMan_1

Don't be TOO discouraged, Cyrah. I'm disappointed too with the choice but on balance they did add a LOT of new plants, maybe in a future patch they will be able to make them crossable into each other and let us have the same hues we have with the other plants.

The Naturalist quest would be GREAT if you could randomly get a Fire Seed of a HEDGE!!!

There's SO MUCH opportunity here... and they are so close.

I really like a lot of the new Vet rewards as well... the new Resource Box especially and the new stackables (if they work with Resource Deeds :bowdown:)

I think the gardeners have spoken loud and clear. We appreciate the new plants but we don't like plain only and we don't like deco mode only.

Sakkarah, is there maybe something that can be done in a future publish to add functionality?

M

Moonstar

personally i'm thrilled that the new plants aren't weird colors. I like to see plants as they are in the world . I'm still excitd .. hoping we dont have to wait too long to get the publish live. I want to star growing already !

I really think they should've put birds in there as droppers. what makes more sense than a bird with a seed?

D

DHMagicMan_1

Moon, has anyone identified the "small" creatures? I haven't seen that yet. Also any gardner is free to grow only plains, even if other color options are available. :)

D

DHMagicMan_1

wisp ended up being the compact one

the list is now

Twisted weald~ Dryad
Despise(among other places)~Titan
3 Tokuno ~ Kappa, Tsuki Wolf, Hiryu
Swamp creature~Plague Beast
Bug type~Antlion *can be found in ant hole
Karma sensitive in ilshnar ~ Serpentine Dragon
Arachnid ~ Terathon
compact size~Wisp
undead~mummy
humanoid spellcaster ~ Juka Mage
Current list to the best of our collective knowledge.

F

Flora Green

personally i'm thrilled that the new plants aren't weird colors. I like to see plants as they are in the world . I'm still excitd .. hoping we dont have to wait too long to get the publish live. I want to star growing already !

I really think they should've put birds in there as droppers. what makes more sense than a bird with a seed?
I agree with birds. It certainly makes sense. Plus I would have been able to kill them on my molasses connection. :)

The thing with colored plants is even though they aren't hued properly, people do use them for certain deco schemes. (I've had a few orders recently for a variety of colors including a 20 white elephant ear request I'm crossing my rear off to try and complete!) Maybe it's red and white for a wedding, orange and black for Halloween, etc. Unfortunately
the new plants will be excluded from this which I think is a shame. The choice should be there.

D

DHMagicMan_1

... and I SO WANT MAZES in the Naturalist Quest Colors!!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
maybe in a future patch they will be able to make them crossable into each other and let us have the same hues we have with the other plants.
Would be so nice if in a future publish (after they've lost their excitement in a month or so - which is inevitable) if they'd go ahead and roll them out into a second grouping of 4 generations of plants.

... and I SO WANT MAZES in the Naturalist Quest Colors!!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Imagine black and white hedges - you could set up checkerboards

ah, the possibilities would be endless!

I

IdoBods

lost as usual.....
why is everyone talking about whether or not a crafter can kill these critters?
cant use a warrior or mage to do it?
sorry i know i'm missing something here

D

DHMagicMan_1

Because, the gardening "mini-game" has been around, for the most part, because people into crafting and decorating and stuff have enjoyed it. Yes, there's tons of hunters who can go hunt hundreds of mobs and find lots of loot, artis, mini-artis, scrolls, whatever... the point is that gardening has stayed viable for however long (4 years? 5?) because the smiths and tailors and people into decorating etc enjoyed the gardening, crossing, creating mutants, collecting fire / aqua etc...

The new plants (thank the EA Gods we got some new plants) came to us gimped because as soon as they grow up the only thing we can do with them is set deco mode on them... like Bonsai or Mutants... there's no crossing or colors, seeds or resourses... just plant... care take for 9 days.... deco mode... repeat... after finding a source for seeds.

That's the basics of the frustration.

In the "real" gardening system, it's mostly self-sustaining except the potions which you can buy or buy reagents with gold you get from selling plants you grow from seeds you grew.

I

IdoBods

okay, thanks for the response that makes me more confused.
i understand the whole history behind gardening. i love it, i do it, i have a seed for every plant out there in storage.
but i also have a char that can go find my seeds for my crafters/gardener types.
just trying to make sure that my crafter doesn't HAVE to be the one to GET the seed himself.
so my question still stands,

does the crafter HAVE to be the one to kill the monster?

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
DHMagicMan 1 !!! Well said reply to the lost bod person.

I really appreciate your words! :)

Doireann has a quote in her reply about possible new carriers, is this old news or new? Where is it from?

I am the most upset that wisps are the compact creature. Since my first wisp encounter (back when they actually noticed us) they have been my favorite creatures. Now they are reduced to being hunted for seeds. Eww! Guess no old school team people are left or any that care.

It is a pattern now, like you said they are close. But they are always close, never there. I really think out of a workday UO gets 15 minutes. If that.

Anyways have a great week end! :)

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lost as usual.....
why is everyone talking about whether or not a crafter can kill these critters?
cant use a warrior or mage to do it?
sorry i know i'm missing something here
I am trying to figure out what crafter CAN'T kill a wisp or mummy ....

I

IdoBods

probably my crafter that has smith, tailor, arms lore, carp, tink,cooking. no magic no weapon skills
but anyways i give up on an answer and will find out myself.

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
probably my crafter that has smith, tailor, arms lore, carp, tink,cooking. no magic no weapon skills
but anyways i give up on an answer and will find out myself.
Some people only play crafters with no fighting skills. May be hard to believe, but some people actually enjoy playing the game without ever fighting anything (and must say that this is one of the huge appeals of UO - that you can play your entire game life without fighting a thing and still find immense joy in it).