• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New seeds found (Spoiler Alert!!)

Felonious Monk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Titans in Despise on test shard are packing the new seeds.
I'll update as to what sprouts..........

Eht/Longbow

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Test Center doesn't have a maintenance period so I doubt they will grow at all. It was in the notes of the TC publish.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, so it's the Titans then?

Antlions, Kappa, and Tsuki Wolf's are three of the others. Dryads are probably the Twisted Weald one also, so that leaves 3 more creatures to find.

D

DHMagicMan_1

Way back in the days on test center, I think when BoDs came out they made it so when we logged in we had ingots and leathers of all colors and hammers and kits of all types so we could test everything out...

Don't you think someone could make a TC Wand that use on a pant after caring for it and Stage = Stage + 1?

I know it would let us know what the plants are, but who cares, not like we can map out a whole crossing tree or something. :(

Felonious Monk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Crysta
Prompt
Helpful and....
Positive!
A rare trifecta on these boards.
Cheers!
Ah, so it's the Titans then?

Antlions, Kappa, and Tsuki Wolf's are three of the others. Dryads are probably the Twisted Weald one also, so that leaves 3 more creatures to find.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I received a seed from a plague beast. I also received one from Serpentine Dragon :)

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well done! That fills the "swamp creature" spot nicely. That leaves the third Tokuno one, the Ilsh creature one, and the Weald one (which is still probably the Dryad).

*edit*

And the Serpentine Dragon fills the Ilsh spot. Two left!

A

Abyss

Just in case someone may want to put a Spoiler notice on the thread.

Thanks for posting the information tho. I haven't been able to login today to test myself and I am actually interested in growing or buying some of the newer plants!

J

Jeremy

Yeah, y'all will have to wait for Origin to see what grows. We're putting it on Origin just as soon as we can get the client out!

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, which monster do you guys think a crafter can kill? Didn't Jeremy say one or two would be ? Or Regine, I forget who said it?

Thank you all for finding this though.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I been thinking it will be Irk in the twisted weald because i thought it was a clue.

Felonious Monk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Jeremy!
We appreciate your fortitude!
It must have been hard for you and the rest of the devs in the last few months.
I recognize your focus and presence on these boards since you now have been cleared to move forward by corporate entities.
Rock on.......

K

Katlene

It said that it was a karma sensitive creature in ilsh that gave the seed so my guess is the pixies that hang around the champ spawn
i REALLY hope it isnt a unicorn

M

Moonstar

the serp drag is karma sensitive?

oh and I can confirm that the dryad in twisted weald drops seed. same megaclicoc error asd the rest of them so i knwo it has to have been a new one i got from it.

Felonious Monk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Crafter with no eval and limited magery can aquire ev scrolls.
Stay on edge of monsters targeting skills drop 2 ev's on monster.
Invis if possible or move offscreen far enough to survive.
This is carebear trammie version of making Lord/Lady in many spawn sites in UO and "should " work for seed aquisition as well.

B

Beastmaster

Fill in the blanks :)
Code:
3 bipedal Tokuno - kappa, tuski wolf, ???   (yomatsu?, bake in healer form?, lady of the snow?)
1 Bug - ant lion
1 Despise - Titan?
1 swamp - plague beast
1 undead -  (lots of undead)
1 humanoid spellcaster - Titan?  (tons of humanoid casters)
1 arachnid -        (terathans?)
1 karma sensitive Ilshenar - serpentine dragon
1 compact sized -   (pixies?, slimes?, rats?)
1 twisted weald - dryad

N

Nibblets

I never killed serpentines long enough to see if they're karma sensitive or not. I would think they would be.

Possibly the undead would be the one that crafters could kill? Skeletons or wraiths...something similar would be easy for a crafter to kill with a mage weapon or magery itself.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of what we know so far, the kappa is probably the easiest for a crafter to kill. In my opinion though, most of these monsters are pretty difficult for a nonfighting type character. The good news is that at least the seeds don't spawn on peerless bosses.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless Dread Horn is the Twisted Weald dweller?

Oriana

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"The new seeds will drop on 3 bipedal creatures that dwell in the Tokuno Islands, on 1 bug-type creature, on 1 creature found in Despise (among other places), on 1 swamp creature, on 1 karma sensitive creature in Ilshenar and last but not least, on 1 creature that lurks in the Twisted Weald."

Tokuno Bipedal = Kappa, Tsuki Wolf, ???
Bug-type = Antlion
Found in Despise = Titan
Swamp Creature = Plague Beast
Karma-sensitive Ilsh = Serpentine Dragon
Twisted Weald = ???

Dryad is my hunch for Weald. Mind you my hunches lead me to the Kappa, Tsuki Wolf, and Antlion within 10 minutes of me starting my search. I trust my hunches. :p

On that topic, my hunch for the other Tokuno one is the Fan Dancer. Someone go test if you don't mind.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are all the seeds the same color?

I thought the same group of seeds would always spawn on the same monster type.
Is this so?

I think I will have to buy seeds and just want some shot of identifying what group they might be from is all.

M

Moonstar

I killed a few fan dancers w/o getting a seed. or maybe i did ut it was common. I can't go back and kill more to be sure right now but if noone else does, i will a lil later when i can.

R

RenaLynne

Way back in the days on test center, I think when BoDs came out they made it so when we logged in we had ingots and leathers of all colors and hammers and kits of all types so we could test everything out...

Don't you think someone could make a TC Wand that use on a pant after caring for it and Stage = Stage + 1?

I know it would let us know what the plants are, but who cares, not like we can map out a whole crossing tree or something. :(
Id rather be surprised on my reg shard after growing it. More fun that way...

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well there's still Ronins and Ninjas. I hope not on those the ninjas especially, they make me crazy!!

Oriana

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I killed a few fan dancers w/o getting a seed. or maybe i did ut it was common. I can't go back and kill more to be sure right now but if noone else does, i will a lil later when i can.
Pretty sure getting a common seed means I was wrong.. heh.. at least I was right on the Dryad.

Maybe try Hiryu? They seem to be bipedal too...

Are all the seeds the same color?

I thought the same group of seeds would always spawn on the same monster type.
Is this so?

I think I will have to buy seeds and just want some shot of identifying what group they might be from is all.
They're all plain color. But past that, I don't think we can tell until people start growng them. Once people have then the only way to tell which is from which group would be to buy from people you trust that sell them based on what monster they got them from.

M

Moonstar

tried lessers and think i got uncommon seed. couldnt really try the hiryus because they are tougher and my cu sidhe isnt trained

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They have the seeds for bonsai trees, so it's probably not fan dancers. The yomatsu also have bonsai seeds. I killed about 5 ladies of the snow and had no luck. I killed one kaze kemono but died before I could loot it. I didn't feel like rezzing up but I might try again tomorrow if no one has found it.

M

Moonstar

i killed a few kaze s w/o any luck earlie besides.. they dont have any feet hehe

M

Moonstar

i killed 3 or 4 onis no luck. didnt continue bc they are tough for me

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yamandon and Fire Beetle aren't bipedal.

If you don't know what that word means, go look it up.

M

Moonstar

thought of killig the monk hehe. but would they put a seed on a guy that there is so few of? that'd cause unfair camping n stuff
the yamedon.. is that the big dude with the worm butt? i got killed by that one ;/
and what about the champ spawn? deathwatch beetles and lizard men are up, neither seem to have seeds

F

Flora Green

Can you at least give us a time frame on Origin so we can finish with spring cleaning?

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And Sak's noobieness strikes again. :sad4:

There are 4 more creatures that you previously got hints about but that I didn't give to Jeremy today.

an arachnid
a compact-sized ceature
an undead
a humanoid spellcaster

Nice catch, Beastmaster!

PS: some new seeds spawn on creatures that already spawn bonsai seeds

M

Moonstar

IOh well that changes alot. now i have to go back and do a second sweep oif those creatures that showed common and uncomon seeds.

Thank you !
and thanks for lettng us know those other creatures are still valid.

D

DHMagicMan_1

And Sak's noobieness strikes again. :sad4:

There are 4 more creatures that you previously got hints about but that I didn't give to Jeremy today.

an arachnid
a compact-sized ceature
an undead
a humanoid spellcaster

Nice catch, Beastmaster!

PS: some new seeds spawn on creatures that already spawn bonsai seeds
If I remember correctly you said there were 12 creatures? You devided them into 3 groups of 4 and devided the seeds into 3 groups... so each of the 3creature groups could drop the chocolate tree and any of the 5 seeds in thier assigned "seed group"?

Does that sound close?

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not quite, there are 12 monsters divided in 4 groups of 3 monsters.

There is a total of 16 new plants, plus the cocoa tree, so 17. The reason we say 15 is because there are 2 types of hedges (tall and short). The plants are divided into 4 groups of 4 plants each.

Each monster group will have 4 new seeds plus the cocoa seed, so 5 seeds per monster group.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going to get you Sam!!!! :lick:

I gave up on the last tokuno one after fighting everything but the ninjas and frankly I don't have the patience any more.:coco: I'll try again in the morning. Thanks everyone for all your info. I wish I could have added to it.

Oriana

Y

yts000

This is one of the coolest additions to the entire game lately I have to say. It's worth reactivating the acct for :)