• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Necromancy] Necromancy Templates

P

popcans343

here is what i want to do...

120 weapon
100 anatomy
100 tactics
90 med
100 SS
100 necro
90 healing

but i dont know what stats should be....i am thinking lots of mana! i wanna be able to spam wither at least a few times
but also want to hit ppl with my weapon. any thoughts about what i should start him at?

R

RobY330i

This is my template (real skill)...

Necro 100.0 (getting there)
Spirit Speak 100.0 (getting there)

Magery 100.0 (done)
Eval 95.0 (done)
Resist 55.0 (close)
Taming 100.0 (done)
Lore 85.0 (done)
Vet 85.0 (done)

Just wanted to try something different. Maybe they'll make skeletals tamable!

S

SirBlack

Eval Int does not affect Necro Spells. Eval is a Damage Modifier for Magery wich they have in their template. Spirit Speak is the Damage Modifier for Necromancy.

120 Anatomy and 100 Eval gives a mage 120 (Max) Defence. Also known as a Mages Parry. Why mages are using Parry in their temp i have no idea, unless they have no weapon skill. Anatomy won't raise like parry though. Need a weapon skill and or heal to raise that.

I am going off what i read in Stratics on Mages. Under the mage guide, or whatever they call it.

G

I am converting a Char to Necro.

Thought about:
Mace
Tact
Anat
SS
Necro

for my last 2 am torn between
Focus
Parry
Healing

Any suggestions?

Thanks

K

keeshi

I would think that Parry/Healing would be your best, being that you have anat already and parry would never hurt with melee

M

Morcar

I'm aiming for:

115 Necro
115 SS
100 Magery
100 Eval Int

I hear lots of mixed reports about Meditation, which I currently have at GM.

If I don't need that, what else can I use for my other two slots?

I only do PVM and my cap is 700, so I could lower Necro/SS is I need to.

R

Rob Roy

I would like to get feedback from the people who have went the dexxer route with Necromancy. I really want to try the following.

Mace
Tactics
Anatomy
Parry
Necro
Bushido
Spirit Speak

Can you get enough life gain using Form + Familiar + Curse Weapon + Bushido Parry + Spirit Speak?

Can you dish out enough damage with this spec?

What about mana regen, are you stuck using a wisp instead of bat?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You will hit more with 120 mace.

You will get missed more with 120 parry and bushido

Without enemy of one and consecrate weapon, things are a lot more difficult in PvM, so at least 60 points (preferrably more) is nice to have.

If you take all those points from anatomy, you will barely notice the difference in damage.

With wraith form and curse weapon, you leech life AND mana, which means the only trait you really need on your weapon (again, PvM) is stamina leech. You'll find that you will rarely use spirit speak or confidence for healing with that template, as you'll leech back so much life from curse weapon that you don't often need other methods of healing.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The only problem with the necro-dexxer tempalte Rob Roy presented is it does not have any means to counter poison. You'll have to run Vamp Form or use pots.

I also would drop anatomy entirely and push the remaining skills as high as you can get them. With 6 x 120 scrolls you could run as a:

120 Macing (or swords/fencing)
120 Tactics
120 Parrying
120 Bushido
120 Necromancy
120 Spirit Speak

-OBSIDIAN-

R

Rob Roy

Can you do enough damage with that build, without Anatomy you take a good hit on damage.

Rikimaru_Vegeta

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is my Necro/Dexxer

100 poisoning
100 tactics
120 fencing
85 Necro (use midnight bracers to get 105 necro, to ensure 100% casting on strangle and wither)
120 SS (need max spell dmg output)
100 meditation
currently 65 chiv; just starting training this up and plan using rest of my points in raising this

The gear I use for this guy is 100% LRC, max lmc, hp increase and mana increase gear. I have 4/6 casting (with the chiv, this is insane and I almost never die). When doing Champ spawns (in fel) I am in wraith form and never run out of mana, I constantly wither. Mid level I do the same thing but group up with another necro and we both wither. Boss fights, i use enemy of one, conc weapon, strangle, corpse skin, and my slayer weapon. This char does very well for PvM purposes. This guy is HIGHLY Offensive in PvP. I only use a kryss in pvp as my kryss is very nice; 50% lbolt, 40% hit lower defense, 15% hci, 20% ssi, 15% cold resist, 40% dmg increase. I try to stay defensive till I have the right moment to attack; when dueling keep blood oath up right when they cast explosion or know there going to release a few combos then get a pain strike rdy followed by level 5 poison; sometimes if I have time; corpse skin; strangle; conc weapon; etc. Remove curse/cleanse fire/heal wounds are my friends and with fc 4 I can get these off very fast if i need a quick heal; also curse weapon is my friend and I use this alot since I have a kryss; every now and then I cast divine fury to get my stam back. The only problem to this template is no magic resist. I always carry crates to release if i get parad, if i get poisoned I either cleanse or just spirit speak to get health back and stay on the target. Sometimes in the field I strangle myself if the mage trys to para me. Evil Omen + Pain Spike is also your friend. I use Pain Strike sometimes to disrupt a mage from far away. I think the hard part about this template is getting the right gear, but once obtained is VERY LETHAL! This is my favorite char template atm, but then again I just returned to the game and plan on getting necro on my mage and doing the combos of explosion;curse;exposion;flamestrike;evil omen;pain strike. Though necro mages are nice, I really dont know a good template for them and I am testing that now.. if anyone have a solid PvP necro mage template please post it... ANyways let me know your thoughts on this template.. :)

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Real|Skillbonus|With Skillbonus
Anatomy|80|0|80|
Evalint|120|0|120|
Resist|120|0|120|
Mage|75|35|110|
Necro|100|5|105|
Spirit|105|10|115|
Medit|100|0|100|

Total|700||750|

The idea would be to use Bloodwood Talisman +10SS +5Necro, Faction Crystalline Ring, Faction Ornament, Faction Tome, Faction DCI glasses and Faction Carapace and Faction Fey Leggings as the base gear. That would put you at 40% LMC, 9MR and +35 Magery, 45% DCI + some resists.

If you have 720 skill cap (and cash) you can squeeze in 120 SS & 120 Mage and you'd still have 5 points to put somewhere.

Your defensive skill would be 120 and destructive power pretty high. Rest of the items should be HPI MR2 (LRC) to maximize mana regeneration and hit points (obviously). You could probably build a suit around AoF with these items while maintaining a high (10+) MR and 50% DCI.

M

MrXentrix

I'm trying to make a Nox/Necro/Mage/Archer template. Let me know if it can work.

115 archery
110 tactics
110 anatomy
100 necro
100 ss
100 healing
85 resist or chiv depending on pvm or pvp... soul stones rock...

and trying to fit 100 magery in there and 100 poisoning. Would that work? I may need Focus or Meditation.

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Working on a necro/mage/provoker... what do you guys think of my template? Willing to do some changes as this character was just started. =]

Discord 100 (11.9 currently)
Magery 100 (56.8 currently)
Meditation 80 (92.2 currently...)
Musicianship 120 (70.1 currently)
Necromancy 100 (69.6 currently)
Provocation 120 (37.8 currently)
Spirit Speak 100 (70.4 currently)

110 Str
10 Dex
110 Int

I added in Magery in order to help with healing/resurrecting others, so I'd like to keep that, but I'm thinking hiding might be important to have...
What do you guys think?

L

Ludedove

Ok I have played around a lot with my mage and finally decided to give in to his darker side, here is his entire makeup items list is after. PVM template. Uses lots of fun combos..

The Dread Lord Dude Love Legendary Archer (-10000 karma/10000 fame)

Str 101 (110 hp)
Dex 150 (158 stam)
Int 54 (84 mana)

125 Luck
66-81 Base Wep dmg
42/58/70/62/61

Bonuses : Dex+34, str +8, int+8
HCI : 60% Damage inc : 99%
ML 24%
NS, HPR +4, DCI 15%

Skills: Actual/With +skill
Anatomy 120
Archery 91/120
Chivalry 120
Healing 40
Necromancy 120
Spirit Speak 120
Tactics 109/120

Total : 720 real/760 with equip.

Current Equipment : (Please make suggestions via PM on changes if there is an arty you think would better serve me)

Hunter's Headdress
Earring of Protection (Energy)
Jackals Collar
Ring (+11 tact, str 4, HCI 15, DCI 10)
Bracelet (+9 arch, str 4, dex 6, lrc 8%)
Crossbow ( 18-22, Velocity 48, ML 24%, SSI 30%, DI 54%, speed 4.5)
Quiver of Infinity
Conjurers trinket : Undead slayer, str 1, HPR 2, HCI 10, DI 20
Horned sleeves : LRC14, 13/18/13/16/16
Stormgrip
Leggings of bane
Crimson Cincture
Copper Robe

Primary attacks (in Theory) :
Eoo, CS, CW, Consecrate W, evil omen

If I get ding-d it usually hurts so i keep enhanced bandaids and Divine fury handy at all times.

For solo enemies, definitley cast some rev's, and utilize vamp form for added LL.

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder about my PvE Necro... Can't manage to find a good build decided for him...

Champs/doom and all around pve ..

Currently i got:

Magery
Meditation
Eval In
Necromancy
Spirit Speak
Wrestling
Focus

Dropping focus obviously, But for what? Resist? Should i drop Wrestling completely for 6x120?

Im 720 cap, so im wondering..

6x120
Magery
Medi
Eval
Necro
SS
Resist

?? Is that viable at all ?

Or should i go for a more gentle approach, and not go 120 all out, but instead 110ish ( even 100 in some ) and add a 7:th skill?

If so, which ones to prio as high target skills?

Thanks.

Aragoni

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mage Version

Classic 6x 120

120 Magery
120 Medie
120 Eval
120 Resie
120 Necro
120 Spirit Speak

Worrior/Dexxer Version

120 Macing
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
90 Healing
100 Magic Resist
110 Necro
100 Spirit Speak

Thats my 2 :)

Skrag

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 Macing
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
90 Healing
100 Magic Resist
110 Necro
100 Spirit Speak
This is very similiar to my old template, except that I didn't have much regen/leech gear and thus kept focus instead of resist. Here's my current one.

120 Macing
100 Archery (+20 from jewels for 120)
100 Tactics
100 Necro (+5 from Bloodwood Spirit for 105)
100 Spirit Speak (+10 from Bloodwood Spirit for 110)
100 Bushido
100 Resisting Spells

It doesn't melee as well as a conventional sampire and doesn't shoot as hard as an ABC archer, but it's a versatile character than can fight melee, fight ranged, AOE with a Titan's Hammer or the wither spell, and always has at least one good option in any fight.

K

k0t

Is there any particular reason why you're using Macing? Personal preference or anything I have no clue about?

Enlighten me please! :D

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've just built a Necro-Myst. This is a new account, so I'm currently capped at 700:

100 Necro
100 Spirit Speak
100 Mysticism
100 Focus
100 Resist
100 Hiding
50 Stealth (augmented by jewelry up to 78)
50 Magery (augmented by jewelry up to 78)

The reason for the Hiding/Stealth/Magery combo - I 'live' on Siege Perilous. Particularly for a young character, it's quite helpful to be able to hide and stealth out of nasty situations. Looking at the templates above, I don't see where anyone else has posted a necro-myst. I think it will be a fun template. Oh - and the character's name - Elvira. Touch of roleplay with it, of course.

R

Rowdydude

Can i use a mage weapon

120 necro
120 ss
120 tac
120 parry
120 bushido
120 mage

use a -0 mage weapon for defense

would this work ?
could i do any damage with the weapon?
i guess MR would be huge

Any thought

Aragoni

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah oldschool thread have comeback :D

At moment it have changed

Mage

120 Magery
120 Eval Int
120 Medie
120 Nekro
120 Spirit Speak
120 Spellweaving

Archer have no mace more

115 Archery (120 white quiver +5)
100 anatomy
100 Healing
100 Tactics
100 Necro (vampirform archer)
110 Resie
95 Chivalry

times changed but i stand in uo over all times so long i live !

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Mine goes:
MAGE 120
EVAL INT 120
MED 120
NECRO 120
SS 120
NECRO 120
AND when in need of extra resisting power: RESIST 100

I have an infinite amount of mana nearly and I cure instantly.

Dont know if its good build or not or how to use it. Done the whole training while a home.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a few Necros

120 Magery
120 Eval
120 Med
120 Necro
120 Spirit Speak
100 Poisoning

100 Poisoning
120 Necro
120 Spirit Speak
120 Swords
120 Tactics
120 Focus
(DP Cleaver for Lethal Poison, Strangle and Bleed ;) )

Calla Lily

Journeyman
My PvM necro is almost finished. She has:

100 Eval Int
100 Magery
100 Meditation
120 Necromancy
100 Poisoning
100 Resist
100 Spirit Speak