• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Nearly Two Weeks, No Announcement, No Anni, No Vet Rewards

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's kinda like RL anniversaries, as they come and go, they tend to mean less and not be quite as big a deal...oh wait, did I say that out loud?!?!

K

Kratos Aurion

Seriously? Do you really need handouts every anniversery? I'm thankfull enough that Ultima is still in existance this anniversery. If you really want to celebrate a fan fare, host your own UO event annually to commemorate the birthday of Ultima. Don't force it upon the developers to tend to your wants. I'm sure if Calvin said they're working on content, there will be content.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did I say ANYTHING about wanting a handout? Good god.

I said that the anniversary went by without any fanfare -- most importantly any mention at all on UO's website.

I also referenced Calvin's post where he said to STAY TUNED FOR THESE ANNOUNCEMENTS.

And, uh, yeah, I'm sorry for expecting the Developers to do anything with the game at all. I'm sure you've never posted a want anywhere, right?

K

Kratos Aurion

Did I say ANYTHING about wanting a handout? Good god.

I said that the anniversary went by without any fanfare -- most importantly any mention at all on UO's website.

I also referenced Calvin's post where he said to STAY TUNED FOR THESE ANNOUNCEMENTS.

And, uh, yeah, I'm sorry for expecting the Developers to do anything with the game at all. I'm sure you've never posted a want anywhere, right?
Really now? They just busted their a$$es off producing a new expansion for you, and everyone else to enjoy. You shouldn't take things for granted. You make it seem like the Developers don't do anything at all, when in reality, if they didn't, this game wouldn't even be here right now.

You shouldn't take things for granted. Be thankful for what IS available to you, and develop patience. The content for the 12th anniversery will probably be implemented along with the halloween content (if there is halloween content this year*).

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't know man, it doesn't seem wrong to expect a bit for a friggin 12 year anniversary. Especially after the complete lack of an 11th.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow... leap of logic much? I can quote places where I've said that they have done a fantastic job with Stygian Abyss.

I am not the one who made an announcement that they had stuff prepared... I am simply inquiring about something that Calvin Crowner -- you know, UO's producer? -- indicated would be forthcoming.

I'm also indicating that it would have been nice to have had some sort of acknowledgement of UO's 12th Anniversary. It IS a momentous occasion, whether you seem to think so or not, and it has traditionally been recognized by whomever is running UO at the time. However, since Mythic took over, we've had TWO years without anything going on at all for the anniversary.

If you think I'm taking UO for granted (and, uh, really, don't I PAY for this service?) that's your tough luck. I am still capable of asking questions and expressing disappointment if I so feel like it.

K

Kratos Aurion

Leap of logic? I can quote a remark you made implying that they don't do anything for the game...

And, uh, yeah, I'm sorry for expecting the Developers to do anything with the game at all.

Calvin made a statement indicating there will be a future announcement. Since when have any indicated announcements been made within a reasonable amount of time? I agree that it would have been nice to have an announcement for the anniversery, but then again, I look at it from their perspective and mine. I don't just simply sit here and say "oh geez, they didn't do that for no good reason at all." - but perhaps they didn't? or whoever manages the Herald forgot? (which probably isn't a developer to begin with).

You have all rights to ask questions, I never said you didn't. But to sit around and imply that the developers should produce anniversery content specifically for the oldest players in the game every year isn't reasonable. Up until about 2 or three years ago, the anniversery rewards have been the same since their introduction (for the most part). The developers implement TONS of content yearly that once obtained, becomes someones storage space and then they [those people] start asking for more. I can say I'm fairly satisified with what they've done with the rewards up until now. I would rather them focus on other content that all players can enjoy for instance special events etc. rather than implementing more anniversery content.

EDIT*

I also never said I didn't think it wasn't monmentus, because I think it is. I just don't think players should expect the developers to be responsible every year for fanfares and what not. It would be better IMO for the players to make that THEIR responsibility indicating that THEY are respecting the birthday of Ultima Online. Why should the game (not in a literal sense) give us something on its birthday?

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Leap of logic? I can quote a remark you made implying that they don't do anything for the game...
Sure, you can, as long as you keep it in context:
You wrote:

Don't force it upon the developers to tend to your wants.
To which I responded:
Don't try to pick and choose my comments individually to help bolster your own poor, ineffective argument.

Calvin made a statement indicating there will be a future announcement. Since when have any indicated announcements been made within a reasonable amount of time? I agree that it would have been nice to have an announcement for the anniversery, but then again, I look at it from their perspective and mine. I don't just simply sit here and say "oh geez, they didn't do that for no good reason at all." - but perhaps they didn't? or whoever manages the Herald forgot? (which probably isn't a developer to begin with).
I simply asked for more information on it. I didn't say, "If they don't answer this question right now, that's it, I'm canceling my accounts and quitting UO." If you don't want a status update, that's fine, you don't have to ask for them. I do. I'm excited to hear about what they have to say. Sorry if that means I ask questions.

You have all rights to ask questions, I never said you didn't. But to sit around and imply that the developers should produce anniversery content specifically for the oldest players in the game every year isn't reasonable. Up until about 2 or three years ago, the anniversery rewards have been the same since their introduction (for the most part). The developers implement TONS of content yearly that once obtained, becomes someones storage space and then they [those people] start asking for more. I can say I'm fairly satisified with what they've done with the rewards up until now. I would rather them focus on other content that all players can enjoy for instance special events etc. rather than implementing more anniversery content.
I never implied they should produce anniversary content. Does it take a developer to post on the Herald, "Happy anniversary, UO!"? Did I say anything about anniversary rewards at all? No. Thanks for putting words into my posts, but they're simply not there.

As far as VETERAN rewards, I do think that they should introduce new ones every year. As I've said in other places, I believe it's a very nice "thank you" to longtime UO subscribers. Me, I've been playing since October 1997. I don't expect that it grants me the right to have a supremely accurate, indestructible coat hanger of vanquishing. But I do think a new mount or a new cloak or a new piece of deco is a nice way to say, "Hey, you've been with us for 12 years, thanks for being with us all this time, we appreciate that you've been a dedicated, long-term customer." Is it necessary? No. Is it very nice? Yes. And Calvin indicated that there was something coming. I'm excited to hear about it. So I'm asking about it.

Again, I wasn't being a jerk about it. I wasn't demanding anything. I was simply asking about that, and I was, at the same time, because it was in his same announcement, expressing disappointment that UO's anniversary was brushed over.

If these are problems for you, I'm sorry... I don't know how else to convey to you my thoughts on the matters.

K

Kratos Aurion

Honestly Radian, you're really looking over my points. If you could even define the arguement I was trying to make, I would be quite pleased.

As far as the context goes, I don't really know what you mean by that. You simply made a quote, and I quoted it. Context really doesn't have much to do with that.

Now you got a developer reply. It's still "to be announced." Hope you're satisfied.

*edit*

If anyone was really being a jerk about anything, it was probably myself. I tend to post my thoughts more inconstructively than I would like too.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
12th anniversary Gifts - Yes
11th year veteran rewards - Yes
12th year veteran rewards - Yes
Halloween event/goodies - Yes
When - soon
Spoilers - no

Neon dye tub? :wall:
Um.... will that be sometime this Century? While the game and myself are still active?

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly Radian, you're really looking over my points. If you could even define the arguement I was trying to make, I would be quite pleased.
I'm looking over YOUR points? YOU are the one who just completely and totally twisted ALL of MY original points and posts into something YOU wanted them to mean, and I am the one ignoring YOUR points? I don't have to define one damned thing about YOUR argument.

As far as the context goes, I don't really know what you mean by that. You simply made a quote, and I quoted it. Context really doesn't have much to do with that.
Do you even know what the word context means? You chose a line in my post that was in response to YOUR response to my original post. You're now quoting it as though what I said was a factoid in and of itself that somehow stands on its own without any consideration of what it was in response to. The line that you quoted was NOT in my original post, it was NOT one of my original points. It was in response to YOUR post. Context is EXTREMELY important.

Now you got a developer reply. It's still "to be announced." Hope you're satisfied.
Yes, I am satisfied. I was simply expressing interest and concern. Whatever you were trying to express was lost in jumbling my post to meet your own view of my sentiments that you somehow determined meant that I was crying and begging for something.
If anyone was really being a jerk about anything, it was probably myself. I tend to post my thoughts more inconstructively than I would like too.
Probably?

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When - soon
Spoilers - no

hehe Thank god for no neon dye tubs. :)

Thanks so much for the response!!! I'm looking forward to whatever comes along. :)

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When - soon
Spoilers - no

Um.... will that be sometime this Century? While the game and myself are still active?
You make it sound like you want it all right now, lol.
It's not even close to Halloween. No need to get so impatient so far from the deadline.

Warsong of LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You make it sound like you want it all right now, lol.
It's not even close to Halloween. Grow some patience.
Not directed just at you Viper, just replying in general to the thread.

So I would just like to ask? How much patience do I or any p(L)ayer need?
waited over 1 year for 11th anniversary - excuse SA development
now 12th anniversary has pasted - excuse SA release and enhance client problems/bug fixing.
next year for the 13th anniversary will it be the excuse of a new client and/or another expansion?

Nope, I do not want it now, but they really have dropped the ball on this once again. I am reminded of the old saying "the more things change, the more they stay the same." Worst customer service ever.

There should have been some viral videos, shouting to the world about 12 years of UO, sh&**y graphics or not. I have not stayed with this game for 140 months for the graphics. It is the depth of the game that keeps me around.

If EAMythic are not going to market UO and it is totally the responsibility of the p(L)ayers, then lets fire/transfer the marketing people (which EAMythic says exist) over to WAR and take that money and plow it back into the game.

just my 2 cents

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
True, but EA pays little attention to UO. The fact that it is still around is quite amazing. I'm sure if EA actually payed attention to UO and gave them more to work with it would be going better over the little things. And it is because of this that I don't get all upset if they don't get the little stuff to us just because of an anniversary or whatnot.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When - soon
Spoilers - no

Thank you Sakk. Can you give us an idea (not a promise, just a general idea) of when you all are aiming for Halloween content to be published? I am gonna guess that the vet rewards will be in the same publish as the Halloween content, but can we have an idea if we will get to go trick or treating early or are you planning of it to start on Halloween itself?

I don't mind waiting a bit longer for the vet rewards and I really don't think most others mind it either. I think what has folks "up in arms" most of the time is simply the word of the use "soon". Give us an estimated target date... like "We are planning on releasing the vet rewards in the same publish as ____ which we are going to try out best to get out by the end of October." Then you aren't promising anything, but giving folks a target date so we don't all die of anticipation.

Don't know if you have kids, but imagine the following...

Kid: Are we there yet? When are we going to get there...?
Mom: Soon.
*a few minutes later*
Kid: Are we close? How much longer? *whines*
Mom: *feels her blood pressure raise* We'll get there soon.
*a few minutes later*
Kid: Mooooooom... this is taking so long... I'm bored...
Mom: There is a lot of stuff in that backseat... you have crayons, books and lots of toys. Find something to do until we get there.
*shuffle, shuffle* *a few minutes later*
Kid: Look at the pretty picture I drew!
*Mom looks in the rearview mirror and screeches*
Mom: You drew all over the seat with the markers!!
Kid: I know. Cool, huh? Are we there yet?
Mom: No! Not Cool! An' we'll get there when we get there... so stop asking me!!! *yells*
*kid begins to cry, wailing loudly in the backseat (much akin to nails on a chalkboard), but eventually calms down*
Kid: Sorry, Mom
Mom: Uh huh... just... just be quiet, okay?
Kid: Okay, Mom... *quiet voice* Are we there yet?
Mom: *goes certifiably nuts*

See? Not a cool scenario...

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
September 25th is the Anniversary for UO. That is the day they should have released information on vet rewards, ACKNOWLEDGED the anniversary on the Herald, and generally had fun. (These things should have been released then, not the completely unrelated Halloween as it appears it will be…) They didn't. It’s sad and disheartening. It honestly shows a lack of caring for their player base, and for the game itself in general.

And yes, they have been working on the expansion…FOR THREE FREAKING YEARS. The content for SA is decent, I am enjoying it. I am not, however, enjoying the myriad bugs, inconsistencies, outright exploits, and client issues that Mythic has only acknowledged at a very basic level. Their communication skills in this regard are abhorrent. (Simply blocking the puzzle room on the shards controlled by Mythic would go a long way here. If EA Japan has the capability to do this, so does Mythic. But no, they let it continue for WEEKS after they were repeatedly informed. EPIC FAIL.)

Communicate, Mythic, communicate. Do not continue to alienate the people who pay your salaries with their subscriptions by playing keep-away with information. You're really the only game designers who feel the need to do this, and it’s gotten old. So very, very old. And please, keep Calvin 300 yards away from the media at all times... He seems like a nice man, but the foot-in-mouth syndrome he has is only making things worse... (Carebear comment, obvious lack of Ultima/UO knowledge in the G4 interview, and lame 'teaser' comments two weeks ago)

Should players expect to receive vet rewards? Hell yes. They started the tradition, and last year PROMISED to deliver (and failed), so people are naturally skeptical of the dreaded "Soon" (tm). And to the twits who say vet rewards only benefit the old accounts: They have released new rewards for the lower year tiers as well, and logically (yes, an assumption) will again. And YES, the people who have 12 year old accounts (whether they had them from the start or not, it’s none of your business) DO deserve high-end rewards. The account is old, EA has made easily $1440 just from the subscription alone - more with expansions. Your account will be there one day too. Cope. (And really, there is nothing unbalancing about an ethy, the resource items, or the ability to engrave.)

I'll leave the Halloween stuff to well…Halloween. That’s still the better part of a month away. I’ll be nice and give them the benefit of the doubt.

Lessons to learn: Communication. Communication. Communication.

F

Flora Green

When - soon
Spoilers - no

What about the in game 11th items, not vet rewards and not the snowy tree stuff in the store, but the items Draconi and others said were coming? And I'm not the only who knows about it. :)

C

canary

I was not involved in the 11th anniversary items so I cannot comment about those.

We hate not giving you dates as much as you hate not getting them. But just as an example, we wanted to give you the 12th anniversary gifts and both the 11th and 12th year rewards this week. QA caught some issues with the rewards that we've diligently been working on resolving. Before you blink, you can't make the deadline to be able to publish that week. If we had announced a date before we got QA's thumbs up, we would be backpedaling right now and you guys would not only be aggravated you didn't get them but also feeling let down because we didn't keep our word.

So we do not want to give a date then have to recant. All I can confirm is that we are working on it and you will be getting them soon.
So instead of just saying 'theres an issue' you guys decide instead that 'Silence Is Golden' and wait until there are threads like this to make a statement finally.

OK, say it with me:

COMMUNICATION.

COMMUNICATION.

COMMUNICATION.

Got it? Good. Because there seems to be a continuous issue with it and the UO team. Instead of saying 'well I wasn't here last year so that's not MY problem' notice that you doing it THIS year DOES make you 'part of the problem' and the ongoing reason players are continually frustrated at the horrible ongoing communication issues with the team. Jeesh.

C

canary

Also... out of ALL the onlines I know, the UO team has imo the worst customer service and communication of any online. Throughout the years (11 for me) I have seen ongoing promises from the team in its many incarnations that things will improve.

It never has.

I ask you seriously, Sak: why not finally start doing what the teams have promised and begin, I don't know and this sounds CRAZY... start being open with the p(l)ayers? Really, you'd garner more respect that way.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you again Sakkarah.

You are apparently a bold, courageous and honorable soul with a modified fire resistance in the high 80s to low 90s.

Looking for a guild? ;)

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Indeed. Thanks for the reply Sak.

Please ignore the raging ranting Canaray. She is the representation of the worst here.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Please ignore the raging ranting Canaray. He is the representation of the worst here.
I believe they know... Those folks are pretty tough.

C

canary

Please ignore the raging ranting Canaray. He is the representation of the worst here.
It is SHE, and by 'worst' you must mean 'honest', I'm sure. I'm only echoing the sentiments of many by the years of poor communication on UO's part and the promises they've made to improve things.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is SHE, and by 'worst' you must mean 'honest', I'm sure. I'm only echoing the sentiments of many by the years of poor communication on UO's part and the promises they've made to improve things.
Sorry, "she"

I edited it for you :)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*yawns* If gender becomes a sore point... Then someone is just looking for a fight.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
True, but EA pays little attention to UO. The fact that it is still around is quite amazing. I'm sure if EA actually payed attention to UO and gave them more to work with it would be going better over the little things. And it is because of this that I don't get all upset if they don't get the little stuff to us just because of an anniversary or whatnot.
most times when I see that bolded part or something similar on the boards all I can think is "thank the ghods"..... I really want the upper management types to completely forget where our dev team works the magic for us, know what I mean?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, communication from the dev team has always been pretty crappy.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Yeah, communication from the dev team has always been pretty crappy.
*chuckles* Nonsense... Trust me, I have a beef with Mythic too. They do communicate.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Happy 12th Anniversary Ultima Online!

September 25th marked the 12th anniversary of UO. We appreciate the continued support of the community and have a few things coming up to celebrate!

Although we would love to announce it at this time, we are working out a few kinks recently discovered to bring you some quality vet rewards and anniversary items. Coming up sometime in October is another all shard favorite with more Halloween goodies.

Be sure to check the UO Herald for updates as soon as it becomes available.

/fixed. We are all set to patiently wait now :thumbsup:

Happy Anniversary Dev Team, thank you for SA and keep the good stuffs coming!

Warsong of LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*chuckles* Nonsense... Trust me, I have a beef with Mythic too. They do communicate.
Well that is your opinion, I can not remember the times the team has said they wanted more communication. Yet when these exploits pop up, what do you get? "we are aware of the problem and are working toward a solution soon." TM

Now I do not want to know how to do the exploit but ballpark it, then if you miss the date, come back and tell us some more. and more until the problem is fixed or they decide to say screwed it we can not fix it. then tell us that decision too.

Hell I still do not know if they fixed the 6th year statues yet. I would like to put them back up if possible as they are memories of players from my shard no longer here. I try to read up on the forums, but really something like that should be announced on the herald first, then here.

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Happy 12th Anniversary Ultima Online!

September 25th marked the 12th anniversary of UO. We appreciate the continued support of the community and have a few things coming up to celebrate!

Although we would love to announce it at this time, we are working out a few kinks recently discovered to bring you some quality vet rewards and anniversary items. Coming up sometime in October is another all shard favorite with more Halloween goodies.

Be sure to check the UO Herald for updates as soon as it becomes available.

/fixed. We are all set to patiently wait now

Happy Anniversary Dev Team, thank you for SA and keep the good stuffs coming!
Priceless =) hahah now why didn't they do that =)

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was not involved in the 11th anniversary items so I cannot comment about those.

We hate not giving you dates as much as you hate not getting them. But just as an example, we wanted to give you the 12th anniversary gifts and both the 11th and 12th year rewards this week. QA caught some issues with the rewards that we've diligently been working on resolving. Before you blink, you can't make the deadline to be able to publish that week. If we had announced a date before we got QA's thumbs up, we would be backpedaling right now and you guys would not only be aggravated you didn't get them but also feeling let down because we didn't keep our word.

So we do not want to give a date then have to recant. All I can confirm is that we are working on it and you will be getting them soon.

Thank you, Sakkarah. Thank you very much. While you still used the much dreaded "Soon," you gave us actual information regarding what is going on without ruining the surprise.

This is the kind of communication we want consistently on a day to day basis. We don't need detailed exploit info, just an acknowledgement and a band aid fix if its unbalancing enough (please implement the temporary fix like on the Asian shards).

Definitely tell us what’s being worked on, how its going, etc. There are many creative people in the UO community whose ideas could be of use. Don't give us dates, per say, but throw up a list of issues you all are working on so we can stop beating the many dead horses which litter the forum floor. This will actually free up more time to tackle the issues as you won't have to field so many repetitive posts on the same subject (hey, optimism is good.. eh?).

Its 25 days since SA launched. 25 days since a multi-client patch. Information on what’s going on to resolve issues would be appreciated.

Future patch notes, sans dates and exploit info would be ideal. Something you can point to and say "This is what we are working on. We'll keep you posted..."

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thank you Sakk. This is a lot better explanation than simply soon. At least now we realize there is a current problem causing the delay and its being worked on. Folks just want to know what is going on and why.

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suppose no-ones actually asked the team...

Why is it you feel unable to communicate?

Personally and with experiance I would imagine its EA's stance.. minmal communication unless its offical . Although to be honest, since Mythic has taken control communication has improved!

And by far Sakk is the best for replies! I've seen her in game and taked to her during closed beta (I'm still waiting for that coffee invite btw, and I'll be in VA as soon as it comes ;) ). Sakk also replies often on here, so dont be too hard on her. Its not her fault she cant give out more than she can, blame the corporation that enforces its 'commerical' rules.

All in all, apart from the obvious subject of no posting on the herald (Blame the boss, it was his fault not any of the Dev's. After all its his job to do it!) Sakk is the only one with enough presence to post here! So thank you for letting us know :)

SD

K

Kratos Aurion

I'm looking over YOUR points? YOU are the one who just completely and totally twisted ALL of MY original points and posts into something YOU wanted them to mean, and I am the one ignoring YOUR points? I don't have to define one damned thing about YOUR argument.

Do you even know what the word context means? You chose a line in my post that was in response to YOUR response to my original post. You're now quoting it as though what I said was a factoid in and of itself that somehow stands on its own without any consideration of what it was in response to. The line that you quoted was NOT in my original post, it was NOT one of my original points. It was in response to YOUR post. Context is EXTREMELY important.

Yes, I am satisfied. I was simply expressing interest and concern. Whatever you were trying to express was lost in jumbling my post to meet your own view of my sentiments that you somehow determined meant that I was crying and begging for something.
Probably?
Context = Setting. I quoted you in the context of which you provided, which you implied they didn't do anything at all. It doesn't have to be apart of your OP because the subject was still sharing the same context.

I was trying to be reasonable with my reponses but it appears as if you are completely incapable of comprehending that and arguing in a constructive manner.

C

canary

'In Concept' and 'In Development' were great tools used to UO years ago. It'd be nice to see the team use something like that again.

T

Tazar

Priceless =) hahah now why didn't they do that =)
Ummm... maybe because it is committing to things they are uncertain of at this point? Given the sudden appearance of a couple of rather serious bugs that they have to take time to fix - the necessary development time on the Halloween things "coming sometime in October" may not be realistic. Given extra effort by the staff, it could be done, but what if another bug crops up?

Given the 12 year history of the team, whenever they do commit to a date, they get slammed for it over and over again. I'd not answer with anything definite until I were 100% sure it could be done.

Despite our impatience like kids on Christmas eve (even though Christmas eve's date has not been announced), I believe that the team is taking the right approach.

If you really have this much of an issue with the way they handle this, then I'd recommend closing your eyes and visiting the shrine of the lost 9th Virtue: Patience. For those of you that need it, I think the mantra is: Kshanti.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
When - soon
Spoilers - no

Were getting face paint!!!!! See Sakkarah's signature
kekeke

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This whole thing is annoying for both sides.

When does "Back to Brit" for free end? The day after is when I think we will get new toys (on active accounts only).

As cheesy as I think things are now I cannot blame them for that.

12th year vet toy... dun dun dun... the elusive banana tree! lol , nah. :)

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Its okay never fear!!!! I found most of them!!!

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Given the 12 year history of the team, whenever they do commit to a date, they get slammed for it over and over again. I'd not answer with anything definite until I were 100% sure it could be done.
And yet very successful games, including the most successful MMOG of all time, manages to (A) communicate while (B) never giving a set date for anything they've ever produced. Ever. I'm with others... it would be extremely nice for Under Development to be used again as a list of (A) stuff they're working on (understanding it may change), (B) issues they're aware of (even if it's "Exploit in puzzle hallway, don't use or be banned,"), and (C) a list of "side projects" that may or may not make it into the game but which are getting active consideration and/or development.

No, none of this will stop the "IT MUST GO IN, YOU PROMISED!" stuff... but nothing ever has, and since that's true regardless of their communication, it's better to provide information than to withhold it.

The idea that any of the other MMOG companies are watching the Mythic UO website for ideas to steal is, at best, silly, and even if they are, the people who play UO are not going to suddenly stop doing so when WoW:Cataclysm is released because it includes a skill similar to Imbuing.
Despite our impatience like kids on Christmas eve (even though Christmas eve's date has not been announced), I believe that the team is taking the right approach.
Your right to have that belief, but I would say by the preponderance of posts here on Stratics alone that beg and plead for information on important or high-profile topics, you would be in the major minority on that.
If you really have this much of an issue with the way they handle this, then I'd recommend closing your eyes and visiting the shrine of the lost 9th Virtue: Patience. For those of you that need it, I think the mantra is: Kshanti.
One can be patient and still desire information. In fact, I'm far more likely to be patient if I know what's going on.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
September 25th is the Anniversary for UO. That is the day they should have released information on vet rewards, ACKNOWLEDGED the anniversary on the Herald, and generally had fun. (These things should have been released then, not the completely unrelated Halloween as it appears it will be…) They didn't. It’s sad and disheartening. It honestly shows a lack of caring for their player base, and for the game itself in general.
Are you kidding? They have been working their asses off day and night for SA launch. They are HUMAN BEINGS, not machines.

What did YOU do to celebrate UO anniversary or anyone else here? Does the community hold no responsibility in doing something to celebrate?