My one PvP wish

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Amanda Shade

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 6, 2008
for the death of a tamer, the system should do a check, and if your resists are not at least 60 in every category the system should say:

"Your pet has lost all respect for you..." at which point it would unbond. :)

I don't like fighting tamers, but naked blue tamers that just keep coming back do nothing for this game.

F

Førsaken

for the death of a tamer, the system should do a check, and if your resists are not at least 60 in every category the system should say:

I don't like fighting tamers, but naked blue tamers that just keep coming back do nothing for this game.
Rant duly noted, but QFT!

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 5, 2008
Ala-freakin-bama

And yet, you fought side by side with Mr. X who not only did this but did this when TNT had at least two other tamers on the field. Roy I give a pass because of the one arm thing, but Kahlan who also has a faction tamer he could run is just being a tool-bag when he does it; just as your guildy Mrs. X did. Spart runs a non factioned revealer but I can guarantee it is not a no loot one; you would love to get your hands on his jewels and archer armour I made for him:).

Amanda Shade

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 6, 2008
because I ran with him, does not mean that I approve of it. If it did, then that would mean you approve of every tactic used by every member of your guild, and that you approved of it when you were in TnT with Mr. X. Within the rules and not. I am not here to bash or make accusations, I am only on a rant (as Sakie noted) against the naked tamers.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
because I ran with him, does not mean that I approve of it. If it did, then that would mean you approve of every tactic used by every member of your guild, and that you approved of it when you were in TnT with Mr. X. Within the rules and not. I am not here to bash or make accusations, I am only on a rant (as Sakie noted) against the naked tamers.
*smiles* Well said.

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 5, 2008
Ala-freakin-bama
Naked blue tamers bug me too. Pet bonding created this nuisance imo. You should have to burn your siege bless to bond your pet.

C

Calibretto

Yeah but smoke bombs and hide stealth do soooooooo much for pvp. ^^

V

Vaelix

Detect is effective against many many temples..

Where as Peace requires Music + Peace and is only effective against one template.

:heart:

For those that have a problem with stealth, add a detect to your group..

In my experience running detect and track.. Stealth is amazingly much less powerful..

Now i personally dont really have a problem with tame much anymore.. Id just rather see people on Less "AI" Based templates.

I mean... Im using pixies but at least im also chaining necro at 2/6, casting defensive weave, and Cycling through my Wrestle Specials.

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 30, 2006
Ive ran a stealther. With a detector around you cannot sit on your target but it does not mean you cannot ride in on horse try for a kill with a buddy or two then all run out dismount ethy and smoke llama for the trees. If your worth half a **** youll be ok.

As far as pixies. they are kinda cheap but at least they can be dispel'd.

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 16, 2007
I can’t remember who said it but last week in our vent someone proposed a great idea to deal with Blue Naked Tamers.

If a Blue Non Faction char attacks a Faction char and die they suffer Stat Loss! This would be a great way to keep Blues out of the fight!

Of course this is for Blues only, if your red then you’re an open target any time any place…sorry Nixon!

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
IN
It is common knowledge within the guild I hate when we bring tamers out, for a few reasons:

a) Makes people not wanna fight
b) Makes it look like we need them
c) They die instantly anyway, so they serve 0 purpose.

I'd rather our tamers just run ninja/reveal templates.

Damien Softstep

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 13, 2009
Siege Perilous...
It is common knowledge within the guild I hate when we bring tamers out, for a few reasons:

a) Makes people not wanna fight
b) Makes it look like we need them
c) They die instantly anyway, so they serve 0 purpose.

I'd rather our tamers just run ninja/reveal templates.
I guess that happens when guilds mass recruit anybody...back in the day guilds use to see if a person was worthy to be in the gulld now its if your one more cannon fodder on the field the better...

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008

I respect your view about those naked tamers. Low risk vs reward does hurt
the game... but we all look for those situations.

But, I rather see a progressive need to reward that pet.
1 raw meat, 2 raw meat, 4 raw meat, 8 raw meat, etc... until you the tamer
is the meal of the pet. Also, it does not necessarily mean that the
dragon just needs meat, but also gold or gems to make it obey the tamer.

This progression should be different per each type of pet. Perhaps, 1 command
for Greater Dragons, and 10 commands for a pet wolf.

This would be a wish list item for the developers to look into.

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 5, 2006
Naked blue tamers bug me too. Pet bonding created this nuisance imo. You should have to burn your siege bless to bond your pet.
Man this is the greatest idea i've heard in a while

V

Vaelix

Man this is the greatest idea i've heard in a while
In the reality of imbuing and the basic strength of the stealth tamer, This kinda change wouldnt really hit very hard to these Tamers IMO.

Whats 45 DCI and HP Regen... after all.

Wrestle.. Blessed book 10, Quiver 5, Ring 15, Brace 15.. Bloodwood armor.. ect ect.

To sum it all up though, Id rather see the way pets are controlled changed.. As in If a tamer Attacks a player and hides the dragon wont listen..

Basically pets will not follow orders unless they can see their master, meaning Tamers would need to play revealed to be effective.. Like the rest of us. Yes you still have your Ninja and Smoke Bombs.. but now you are more like a dexxer, in the sense that you need to be revealed and openly attackable for your Offensive to be effective.

Personally i dont mind tamers, Its mainly from a balance prospective.. Stealth Tamer is an AI Based Template which only needs to focus on Defense once "All Kill" Is said, No other template can do this.

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 5, 2008
Ala-freakin-bama
In the reality of imbuing and the basic strength of the stealth tamer, This kinda change wouldnt really hit very hard to these Tamers IMO.

Whats 45 DCI and HP Regen... after all.

Wrestle.. Blessed book 10, Quiver 5, Ring 15, Brace 15.. Bloodwood armor.. ect ect.

To sum it all up though, Id rather see the way pets are controlled changed.. As in If a tamer Attacks a player and hides the dragon wont listen..

Basically pets will not follow orders unless they can see their master, meaning Tamers would need to play revealed to be effective.. Like the rest of us. Yes you still have your Ninja and Smoke Bombs.. but now you are more like a dexxer, in the sense that you need to be revealed and openly attackable for your Offensive to be effective.

Personally i dont mind tamers, Its mainly from a balance prospective.. Stealth Tamer is an AI Based Template which only needs to focus on Defense once "All Kill" Is said, No other template can do this.

point of my post was to eliminate the naked tamer:). If you get the option of removing his pet, he ceases to bea problem; at least for the duration it takes him to go tame another. He could have back ups in his stable but even that would be finite in comparison to the infinate amount of times they can come back now. How many times have we seen kahlan and Roy corpses littered all over the field? You walk through and think there has been a bloodbath only to realize it's the two same chumps dead 20 times over in a span of less than 10 minutes...

It irks me that a naked char with a bola has even a percentage of taking me down when I am running the kind of suit I am. No other naked template would stand a chance in hell of bringing me down. Unfortunatly there is the smallest silver of a chance of someone getting a kill off with this playstyle.

P.S. I agree 100 % about the tamer being forced tor emain visible in order for the pet to maintain target in pvp; pvm not so much so.

V

Vaelix

point of my post was to eliminate the naked tamer:). If you get the option of removing his pet, he ceases to bea problem; at least for the duration it takes him to go tame another. He could have back ups in his stable but even that would be finite in comparison to the infinate amount of times they can come back now. How many times have we seen kahlan and Roy corpses littered all over the field? You walk through and think there has been a bloodbath only to realize it's the two same chumps dead 20 times over in a span of less than 10 minutes...
Naked tamers are annoying but no real threat unless the group your Pvping *With* Fails... Not to be an ass but that is the truth. Yes they can res up and come right back... Thats why you dont fight Dirrectly next to a Blue Healer..

Its a considerable difference running to Astys house on foot compared to running to south luna bagball place... Stop fighting naked tamers right next to their free res.

I can drop 1 Group of Pixies on a naked tamer and forget about them for 1-5 Minutes if im fighting outside of south or north luna..Compared to the 5 seconds it takes to run from the Healers to Astys.

And if they only wanna fight next to the guardzone... LEAVE THEM THERE.

That is all.

Still love ya tib

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 5, 2008
Ala-freakin-bama
Naked tamers are annoying but no real threat unless the group your Pvping *With* Fails... Not to be an ass but that is the truth. Yes they can res up and come right back... Thats why you dont fight Dirrectly next to a Blue Healer..

Its a considerable difference running to Astys house on foot compared to running to south luna bagball place... Stop fighting naked tamers right next to their free res.

I can drop 1 Group of Pixies on a naked tamer and forget about them for 1-5 Minutes if im fighting outside of south or north luna..Compared to the 5 seconds it takes to run from the Healers to Astys.

And if they only wanna fight next to the guardzone... LEAVE THEM THERE.

That is all.

Still love ya tib

Agreed; I hate fighting inside Luna walls regardless of the opposition and much prefer fights to the south side.

V

Vaelix

Agreed; I hate fighting inside Luna walls regardless of the opposition and much prefer fights to the south side.
Yup yup.. 9 times outa 10 the problem with Blues ect ect is the fact that your fighting Half a screen away from a Free ressurection.

C

Calibretto

Care to input your idea? Or, do you care not to, being your 'group' are the main ones that this problem lies in? :p

NEKKID TAMERZ FTW!

As Asty can verify we were just starting to have a good battle with SP! about a week or so ago, then all these damn blue tamers ran out. (all ours I think) I logged out and haven't been back since. Between the blue tamers and all the smoke bombs I'd rather play my x box. ^^

V

Vaelix

As Asty can verify we were just starting to have a good battle with SP! about a week or so ago, then all these damn blue tamers ran out. (all ours I think) I logged out and haven't been back since. Between the blue tamers and all the smoke bombs I'd rather play my x box. ^^
I cant stand to see this.. Im not singling you out or anything cal.. its just the common misconception that stealth and smoke bombs are vastly overpowered and therefore make siege unplayable..

Now i do agree, i'd like to see less stealth, but given the current type of pvp that we are experiencing on siege... IMO Dexers need either Archery or Deathstrike to be effective.. :stir:

Now on stealth, yes it can be annoying and overpowered when you dont make a change to counter it, but IMO from tracking/detect template experience.. A Character like Loki can make Whole guilds not want to PvP because their Stealth Cushion of Protection.. Aka Smoke Bombs... Instantly vanishes.

The reason this is a problem.. is because dexers without archery *NEED* ninja for the DS.. in which case they need hide/stealth either way.. and since they need to sacrifice the skill for the DS alone.. they cant use parry resist or something else which will Gimp and weaken their template..They rely on the defense that is .. Smoke Bomb.

What it comes down to is... I hated fighting stealthers until i finished Loki.. Now its a laugh because they *Will* die... if they come near me and my group.. When you arnt willing to counter stealth with detect, it is overpowered.. However "With" Detect.. stealth loses the majority of its defensive power...

Now before someone says something about Altering their template.. its not that bad honestly.. Yes i only heal with potions.. but Siege being the majority of dexxer stealth templates.. Detect allows me to basically keep them on the Defensive the Whole fight (Group) And i do not need any other forms of healing.

Bottom line.. Detect takes care of stealthers.. while tracking helps you find them.. And adds to your killing power

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Here's the scenario. "Ninja is poisoned, kill her." I run out, NS,DS. Her dragon instantly attacks me, Chomp. Another dragon is targeted on me, Chomp. I turn the cornor and see a fireball light my ass up lol. It was so quick I didn't know wtf happened lol. 141 hit points to 0 in a few seconds.

I miss my ring :(

EP 50
13 DCI
7 Int
13 Poison

lucky ******* whoever got that!

S

Sweeney

75% of UO subscribers would quit...never gonna happen...
You weren't around back in the day. Taming a pet only reduced the stats slightly.. but the pet could be killed and be gone.

And on Siege.. only 5% would quit.. so yes it could happen.

Damien Softstep

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 13, 2009
Siege Perilous...
You weren't around back in the day. Taming a pet only reduced the stats slightly.. but the pet could be killed and be gone.

And on Siege.. only 5% would quit.. so yes it could happen.
I been here a long time...you must not be to keen on a certain guilds locking down the nightmare spawn...i dont think you realize how many tamers are on sp...and no its never gonna happen...now if you say this could happen on just sp MAYBE [thats like a 5% chance] but hell faction prices was just dropped on production shards was they dropped on sp?

S

Sweeney

I been here a long time...you must not be to keen on a certain guild locking down the nightmare spawn...i dont think you realize how many tamers are on sp...and no its never gonna happen...
Are you standing up for the certain guild you protest against? I don't give a **** about guilds, I care about the shard. Read my old posts. Think above yourself for a second. I have a 120/120 tame/lore-er, so I know a bit.

Guilds are temporary.. the shard is forever (or until the end of UO).

Keep in mind my no-bonding idea would re-allow the old idea of infinite followers. It is up to the players to keep the tamer in check. If you see a tamer with too many dragons in tow, "kill the dwagon, kill the dwagon..." ask Elmer to fill you in on that Warner Bros. skit.

Damien Softstep

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 13, 2009
Siege Perilous...
Are you standing up for the certain guild you protest against? I don't give a **** about guilds, I care about the shard. Read my old posts. Think above yourself for a second. I have a 120/120 tame/lore-er, so I know a bit.

Guilds are temporary.. the shard is forever (or until the end of UO).

Keep in mind my no-bonding idea would re-allow the old idea of infinite followers. It is up to the players to keep the tamer in check. If you see a tamer with too many dragons in tow, "kill the dwagon, kill the dwagon..." ask Elmer to fill you in on that Warner Bros. skit.
Good luck...i put my money on pigs flying...

S

Sweeney

I would sit here and argue about siege history but your a vet with 120 taming/lore you should already know about this stuff...
And I would sit here and argue, but you spent your newbie time working tame/lore. Most people know the old-school taming, and I hope would want it back.

This is all a moot point, none of this **** ever happens. It's a pipe dream.

V

Vaelix

S

Sweeney

Quoting about blessed spellbooks has so much relevance to I and yourself's discussion about pets. You're a freaking genius.

If you had a decent post to quote, quote it. Otherwise you're speaking the "Siege would be better if..." tripe that I've said for too long my friend.

If you have nothing to contribute, just criticise the other side. Then you'll be a winner.

Damien Softstep

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 13, 2009
Siege Perilous...
Quoting about blessed spellbooks has so much relevance to I and yourself's discussion about pets. You're a freaking genius.

If you had a decent post to quote, quote it. Otherwise you're speaking the "Siege would be better if..." tripe that I've said for too long my friend.

If you have nothing to contribute, just criticise the other side. Then you'll be a winner.
Your obviously new to sp...

V

Vaelix

And another discussion is lost to immaturity from possible adults... :rant2:

S

Sweeney

Everyone else here on Siege knows where I stand.. you just seem pathetic.

State your main point, now.. or fade away. If you can't state a point, you're worthless newbie trash.

Give me a decent point and you'll have my respect.

V

Vaelix

If by chance you are speaking to me, I can give you Multiple valid points.

S

Sweeney

*Ignored Triessa's new name* and taps his foot waiting for your response.

Damien Softstep

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 13, 2009
Siege Perilous...
Everyone else here on Siege knows where I stand.. you just seem pathetic.

State your main point, now.. or fade away. If you can't state a point, you're worthless newbie trash.

Give me a decent point and you'll have my respect.
Wow get help dude...i already told you were i stand on it...its never gonna happen because guilds will camp the spawning spots of greater dragons its already happened on sp once but you should already know about this vet...would i like for it to happen ofcourse i do but people still want to keep blessed items on this server...i was fighting for this server before you was ever heard of...like i said before its YOU who wants to argue and act immature...then you tell me i spend all my time training taming/lore when im a thief by preofession...seriously grow up...