My one PvP wish

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
S

Sweeney

There are not many people who can start something based on a moot premise.. no-bonded-pets, and have any traction at all.. you need to think back to your original rebuttal before you reply.

I've argued with mods and the biggest guild leaders until the bitter conclusion.. it always ended up with me having my PoV, they having theirs.

You won't gain any favor insulting my PoV.. ask your leader(s) I stand my ground, while everyone else falls behind the line.

If you had a point, show it.. otherwise you're just looking for a chance to attack me. Which you can't back up. You just lost face with your guild leaders. Congrats.

Damien Softstep

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 13, 2009
Siege Perilous...
There are not many people who can start something based on a moot premise.. no-bonded-pets, and have any traction at all.. you need to think back to your original rebuttal before you reply.

I've argued with mods and the biggest guild leaders until the bitter conclusion.. it always ended up with me having my PoV, they having theirs.

You won't gain any favor insulting my PoV.. ask your leader(s) I stand my ground, while everyone else falls behind the line.

If you had a point, show it.. otherwise you're just looking for a chance to attack me. Which you can't back up. You just lost face with your guild leaders. Congrats.
You might wanna go to uo.com...

I stated my points and facts...

ITS NEVER GONNA HAPPEN...

V

Vaelix

:stir:

First of all.. I play Skwisgar Skwigel aka Dante the red mage.. Hes been red since 70 Skill and Factions at 90.. Since 3 Years ago..

I also play Loki the red dexxer who has been red and faction since 90-100 Skill 1.5 Years ago... I generally only pvp when i play siege.. I am not Fan of PvM Quests or Any other Non Player versus player combat related things which are available on Siege...

Given this information ive had 3 years of experience on Red/Faction Pure PvP Templates, where as (Im guessing) You mainly have tamer (PvM) and Thief Experience..

First.. Tamers will never be reverted to having as many pets as they wish... In todays PvP this will be vastly overpowered due to the fact that a Single Dragon is enough to keep 1-3 Players on their Toes depending on what templates they are running. If Tamers were to be reverted to their previous ways without Pet Slots.. I can say with 100% That everyone will be using them, Bonded or Not.. Trained or not.. Combine this with the fact that Stealth and Ninja can be very effective on tamers now a days.. PLUS Garg tamers only need to run 50 Ninja for Smokes while still being able to move at mount speed, This type of template will overpower anything available on UO..

To combat this kind of thing your looking at an entire guild versus a single tamer.. Consider the fact that many guilds run multiple tamers and your looking at a field full of 40 Dragons with 5 Tamers and a Few Dismounters.. With only one Effective counter... More Tamers..

A General Rule to determine if a template is overpowered is.. What is its counter? Usually when the counter is the exact same template you have a problem.. Aka.. If ONLY a Tamer can effectively counter a tamer.. Something is wrong.

The main problem with Going backwards with Certain templates.. is that PvP has evolved past the point that they were balanced.

Consider this.. Tamer has 10 Bakes.. Names himself Bake and runs in bake..

Yes if lucky you will be able to tell which is which if you can sit there and look through them.. But pets have evolved as well.. They are Much past the stage that you need Multiples of each for them to be powerful.. Basically EAs Fix to Adding Pet slots was Making the Pets more powerful themselves..

Need I add more?

:heart:

Damien Softstep

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 13, 2009
Siege Perilous...

First of all.. I play Skwisgar Skwigel aka Dante the red mage.. Hes been red since 70 Skill and Factions at 90.. Since 3 Years ago..

I also play Loki the red dexxer who has been red and faction since 90-100 Skill 1.5 Years ago... I generally only pvp when i play siege.. I am not Fan of PvM Quests or Any other Non Player versus player combat related things which are available on Siege...

Given this information ive had 3 years of experience on Red/Faction Pure PvP Templates, where as (Im guessing) You mainly have tamer (PvM) and Thief Experience..

First.. Tamers will never be reverted to having as many pets as they wish... In todays PvP this will be vastly overpowered due to the fact that a Single Dragon is enough to keep 1-3 Players on their Toes depending on what templates they are running. If Tamers were to be reverted to their previous ways without Pet Slots.. I can say with 100% That everyone will be using them, Bonded or Not.. Trained or not.. Combine this with the fact that Stealth and Ninja can be very effective on tamers now a days.. PLUS Garg tamers only need to run 50 Ninja for Smokes while still being able to move at mount speed, This type of template will overpower anything available on UO..

To combat this kind of thing your looking at an entire guild versus a single tamer.. Consider the fact that many guilds run multiple tamers and your looking at a field full of 40 Dragons with 5 Tamers and a Few Dismounters.. With only one Effective counter... More Tamers..

A General Rule to determine if a template is overpowered is.. What is its counter? Usually when the counter is the exact same template you have a problem.. Aka.. If ONLY a Tamer can effectively counter a tamer.. Something is wrong.

The main problem with Going backwards with Certain templates.. is that PvP has evolved past the point that they were balanced.

Yes if lucky you will be able to tell which is which if you can sit there and look through them.. But pets have evolved as well.. They are Much past the stage that you need Multiples of each for them to be powerful.. Basically EAs Fix to Adding Pet slots was Making the Pets more powerful themselves..

Need I add more?

Sounds about right...

S

Sweeney

You might wanna go to uo.com...

I stated my points and facts...

Best Defense eva!!!! If you can't come up with anything, quote someone else. Like I said in the begining, genius.. it was an idea I figured would never happen. You tried to make something of it. You admitted Vaelix was Triessa, and tried arguing with me over a moot point (I said it was moot in the beginning).

It's utterly silly how irate people will get, and lose control. (Not many people knew Vaelix was your sister Triessa)

Your only defender was your sister, which is admirable.. but as I said at the start; it holds no traction. Prove your point without relying on familial statements.. if anyone else supports yourn PoV I'll respect it.. but you propogated it like it was your own, or maybe your sisters.

Do you have anything that belongs to you? Any original idea? Is Triessa so scared to state her point of view that she hides behind you?

This **** is a joke.. I only said pets should not be bonded and you attack me for me idea with words, not counterpoints. You are the definition of a hypocrite.

Damien Softstep

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 13, 2009
Siege Perilous...
Best Defense eva!!!! If you can't come up with anything, quote someone else. Like I said in the begining, genius.. it was an idea I figured would never happen. You tried to make something of it. You admitted Vaelix was Triessa, and tried arguing with me over a moot point (I said it was moot in the beginning).

It's utterly silly how irate people will get, and lose control. (Not many people knew Vaelix was your sister Triessa)

Your only defender was your sister, which is admirable.. but as I said at the start; it holds no traction. Prove your point without relying on familial statements.. if anyone else supports yourn PoV I'll respect it.. but you propogated it like it was your own, or maybe your sisters.

Do you have anything that belongs to you? Any original idea? Is Triessa so scared to state her point of view that she hides behind you?

This **** is a joke.. I only said pets should not be bonded and you attack me for me idea with words, not counterpoints. You are the definition of a hypocrite.
Your REALLY looking stupid now...

Here:http://my.uo.com/cgi-bin/guilds.pl?g=bdbc6c3e848b8cae:13

Second of all take some medication for that anger problem...

V

Vaelix

First of all Im a Guy.. and Secondly ask anyone in SP! who i am currently running with.. I am not his sister. My voice in Vent has been called... Robust.

My old stratics name was P!r@te which i shared with My Best Friend Storm and his brother Razic... You need to double check your facts sir.

H

HaHa

First of all Im a Guy.. and Secondly ask anyone in SP! who i am currently running with.. I am not his sister. My voice in Vent has been called... Robust.

My old stratics name was P!r@te which i shared with My Best Friend Storm and his brother Razic... You need to double check your facts sir.

Id hit it though if you ever dressed in drag.... just saying....

S

Sweeney

\

Lol yet you continue to argue on Damien's behalf.. this must be his macho game. As I said SO MANY TIMES,this is nothing to me. If his arguments make him seen like a big man to you and his friends.. so be it. The Sieger's know me better,

Damien Softstep

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 13, 2009
Siege Perilous...
\

Lol yet you continue to argue on Damien's behalf.. this must be his macho game. As I said SO MANY TIMES,this is nothing to me. If his arguments make him seen like a big man to you and his friends.. so be it. The Sieger's know me better,
Because your wrong...dragons are over powered now way more then they ever was long ago...not too mention with the templates we have now it would be completely ridiculous...

What you honestly need to do is go back and read all your posts accusing me of being a newbie and training taming/lore and accusing others of being my sister and etc...which is completely wrong...

S

Sweeney

Vaelix, let Damien stand up for himself.. do you think he;s so weak that he can't?

Let him prove what he said about me. You should be proud that he can.. since he said it was so obvious.

S

Sweeney

Best non-quote eva!

Now that the thread has been derailed 100% I hope this spam gets deleted. It ruins the thread.

Everyone knows arguing with me invites a chain of "prove it"'s that the other party can't prove.. they whine and just end up responding with a :lol:.

V

Vaelix

\

Alright just got home from work.. Im not arguing on his behalf.. I'm merely arguing aginst yours honestly... These are my opinions based on what you were saying.

S

Sweeney

I can argue that a white man is black and give a very good argument..

Arguing cheap UO stratics points without proof only makes you look bad. This shard knows how I am, I argue if I think I'm right. You only have your sister/brother on your side, I have evidence.

When you lose the argument, you lose big time smiley boy. Give up now. Either prove your point, or give up.

I pride myself on my convictions and my reasoning why I came to those convictions. I can bust your nuts all over your sister's face. Try me, with arguments, not cheap insults.

V

Vaelix

Best non-quote eva!

Now that the thread has been derailed 100% I hope this spam gets deleted. It ruins the thread.

Everyone knows arguing with me invites a chain of "prove it"'s that the other party can't prove.. they whine and just end up responding with a :lol:.
I did a fairly good job of listing valid points based on my PvP Experience and Knowledge..

Im not arguring for him.. Im merely arguing aginst your ludicrous statements.

V

Vaelix

Arguing cheap UO stratics points without proof only makes you look bad. This shard knows how I am, I argue if I think I'm right. You only have your sister/brother on your side, I have evidence.

When you lose the argument, you lose big time smiley boy. Give up now. Either prove your point, or give up.

I pride myself on my convictions and my reasoning why I came to those convictions. I can bust your nuts all over your sister's face. Try me, with arguments, not cheap insults.
This shard knows who i am too sweeny... Look up the Characters Skwisgar Skwigel and Loki.. Ive been in various guilds and always played the same characters... the Only difference is Skwisgar used to be Dante

Damien Softstep

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 13, 2009
Siege Perilous...

You sir fail at life...

V

Vaelix

Did i note make a very detailed post with valid points? You speak of Evidence and Convictions.. Wheres the counter argument aginst my previous posts? Where is the reasoning aginst my own? All you have done is basically insult damien while looking down at him for insulting you.

For an added note.. This is Skwisgar.. Aka Dante.. Who is in Com.. Which is aginst SL... in a Guild made of up Most of the Better PvPers on this shard..

http://my.uo.com/cgi-bin/my_chars.p...14c257bfc428a7456f0d568233ae02c821957cf1cf10d

This is Loki.. My Stealth Tracking Detect Fencer... I also made a thief which i believe you spoke to named Alterix about 8 months ago..

http://my.uo.com/cgi-bin/my_chars.p...64e029663191b7b26db740b7774ecc457dd0514a6e121

I have nothing.. to do with damien or his little guild.

S

Sweeney

Did i note make a very detailed post with valid points? You speak of Evidence and Convictions.. Wheres the counter argument aginst my previous posts? Where is the reasoning aginst my own? All you have done is basically insult damien while looking down at him for insulting you.

Are you the old Loki? I doubt it, he never spoke out for other people.

You're still defending Damien???

"Alright just got home from work.. Im not arguing on his behalf.. I'm merely arguing aginst yours honestly... These are my opinions based on what you were saying."

You admitted you aren't defending anyone, just attacking me, using Damien's proof. Damien has no proof.. so you're attacking me without merit.

Loki was a cool person.. the best tracker/detector I've seen.. but when he's reduced to backing up other people with no evidence.. it cheapens his image. He/she/it used to stand by him/her/itself.. backing up a weak argument, or worse, no argument, is pathetic.

And to think all I said was that bonded pets do not belong.. it brought forth so much, especially considering I don't play anymore.

M

MikeD

Keep in mind my no-bonding idea would re-allow the old idea of infinite followers.
HAHAHAHA, really......

my pc would beable to handle 100 greaters. If i were to encounter god on my journeys, he would be eaten. This would be way to overpowering..

Damien Softstep

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 13, 2009
Siege Perilous...
Keep in mind my no-bonding idea would re-allow the old idea of infinite followers.
HAHAHAHA, really......

my pc would beable to handle 100 greaters. If i were to encounter god on my journeys, he would be eaten. This would be way to overpowering..
Ya what sweeney dont understand is the more followers you had the less likely you was to control your pets...

V

Vaelix

Yes i am that Loki... And dude.. Damien hasnt made any point at all.. hes got no Argument.. Everything ive said.. Has been 100% From my perspective.. It seems like your just trying to fall back onto something without anything to fall back onto.

The only reason i entered this conversation was because you were making absurd statments based on Balancing Tamers..

What i did was give you *MY* Opinions based on 3 Years of PvP Experience with various templates and aginst Many Many tamers.

At no point was i supporting Damien.. I am arguing aginst you.. I am a 3rd party who sees fault with your Statments who decided to give his opinion.. Why is this impossible to understand?

S

Sweeney

HAHAHAHA, really......

Finally a response, instead of an insult. It's easy to attack a person who doesn't play anymore. FYI the way things were back in the day, this was a good idea. I appreciate the input, if only you could elaborate a bit more. Getting rid of bonded pets would only change the dexer-pvper template.. which could not hurt.

You might laugh.. but speaking as an honest UO player.. do you think it would be good, even if it meant other changes for Siege?

V

Vaelix

Are you the old Loki? I doubt it, he never spoke out for other people.

You're still defending Damien???

"Alright just got home from work.. Im not arguing on his behalf.. I'm merely arguing aginst yours honestly... These are my opinions based on what you were saying."

You admitted you aren't defending anyone, just attacking me, using Damien's proof. Damien has no proof.. so you're attacking me without merit.

Loki was a cool person.. the best tracker/detector I've seen.. but when he's reduced to backing up other people with no evidence.. it cheapens his image. He/she/it used to stand by him/her/itself.. backing up a weak argument, or worse, no argument, is pathetic.

And to think all I said was that bonded pets do not belong.. it brought forth so much, especially considering I don't play anymore.
"Loki was a cool person.. the best tracker/detector I've seen.. but when he's reduced to backing up other people with no evidence.. it cheapens his image. He/she/it used to stand by him/her/itself.. backing up a weak argument, or worse, no argument, is pathetic."

Im not backing up a weak argument.. Im making an Argument of my own.. Throughout this whole conversation there isnt any instance of me agreeing with Damien... Hes agreeing with me.. that is something i cannot control.. I gave you vaild points of my own which you refused to accept based on the insane notion that i was supporting Damien..

"He/she/it used to stand by him/her/itself.."

This is EXACTLY what i am doing.. standing on my own making my own argument aginst you

V

Vaelix

Need I add more?

HAHAHAHA, really......

Finally a response, instead of an insult. It's easy to attack a person who doesn't play anymore. FYI the way things were back in the day, this was a good idea. I appreciate the input, if only you could elaborate a bit more. Getting rid of bonded pets would only change the dexer-pvper template.. which could not hurt.

You might laugh.. but speaking as an honest UO player.. do you think it would be good, even if it meant other changes for Siege?
Theres not one insult in my Post there.

S

Sweeney

Yes i am that Loki...
I'm sorry I just can't believe it sir.. you've stood out on so many Siege issues yet you show for this one.

Do you think I have so much power that my words mean action? Am I the new EM you all fear? Am I a new dev?

Why the hostility? I merely posed a wish, and Damien decided to attack it. You spoke out, for the first time I've seen.. you both must be scared that I speak the truth.

I only wanted an argument.. not a bunch of cheap insults. I'm above that. Sadly, your BFF isn't.

M

MikeD

Unlimited pets wouldnt work nowadays due to the capabilities of Pc's. Some people would just lag and or crash when people with many pets came on screen, and the people with better connections/pc's would prevail. Even if alot of them dont listen everytime, im sure my pc could handle 100 plus GD's, and all i need is 5 of em, not even, to flag and whoever is on the other end is done.

For this to even come close to working GD's would haft to be removed, along with every pet modified. And still the whole lag issue would be there!

V

Vaelix

Need I add more?

I'm sorry I just can't believe it sir.. you've stood out on so many Siege issues yet you show for this one.

Do you think I have so much power that my words mean action? Am I the new EM you all fear? Am I a new dev?

Why the hostility? I merely posed a wish, and Damien decided to attack it. You spoke out, for the first time I've seen.. you both must be scared that I speak the truth.

I only wanted an argument.. not a bunch of cheap insults. I'm above that. Sadly, your BFF isn't.

Once again.. You COMPLETELY ignore my post with Valid points on why tamers need to stay the way they are. My Post that had 0 Insults and was from a Balance perspective... Why is this??

You are a Hypocrit... I gave you a perfectly valid post that you could argue about 10 Different points.. yet you completely ignore it..

Here ya go.. This is me on Alterix.. stealing from you i believe

Heres one of me about a year ago playing loki with all my weapons

M

MikeD

and secondly fighting superman is tough enough with 1 dreadmare, imagine 20

S

Sweeney

Unlimited pets wouldnt work nowadays due to the capabilities of Pc's. Some people would just lag and or crash when people with many pets came on screen, and the people with better connections/pc's would prevail. Even if alot of them dont listen everytime, im sure my pc could handle 100 plus GD's, and all i need is 5 of em, not even, to flag and whoever is on the other end is done.

For this to even come close to working GD's would haft to be removed, along with every pet modified. And still the whole lag issue would be there!
Best argument eva!!! And yes I didn't consider modern pc's, or anything else. Like I said in the beginning, it was an idea for bantering. It was based on the original UO tamer template.

Mike-D, I miss your sort of mind. I'm sure all of Siege does. This shard needs arguers, not insulters.

I can't see everything, that is why argument is good. But not insults. Insults ruin it for all. They cheapen everything we want to say.

Damien Softstep

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 13, 2009
Siege Perilous...
Here im gonna explain how tamers was back in the day because its obvious no one knows how they worked back in the day...the more followers you had the less likely they was to listen to you...

For example say you got 5 white wyrms...you would say all kill and 3 might attack the target 1 might bark at you and one would just wonder around like a moron...the best was to run two or three max...

Back in the day there was no ninja,no smokebombs,no animal form,no gargoyles,all them things unbalanced pvp with tamers...i didnt want to write a 3 page paragraph to you explaining the obvious...back in the day 95% of tamers was mage/tamers...

V

Vaelix

Sweeny.. you are a mystery.. I was the first one in this thread to make a Vaild argument aginst you without a single insult.. and you havent made a Single Comment based on that Post..

You say you want an argument but you avoid mine?

Eitherway im headed to bed.. You can continue to ignore This post of mine..

Need I add more?

S

Sweeney

Why do you think I have so much power to make things change? My reputation must precede me thinking that if I speak up......it must be so. You honor me with your frightening.

My words mean nothing.. The mods of this forum hate me more than anyone, I will argue with them. I will get infractions with my arguments.

I am beyond you're insults sir.. grow up.

Prove it to the people, or else you'e just blowing smoke. Last chance friend-o.. prove it.

Damien Softstep

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 13, 2009
Siege Perilous...
Why do you think I have so much power to make things change? My reputation must precede me thinking that if I speak up......it must be so. You honor me with your frightening.

My words mean nothing.. The mods of this forum hate me more than anyone, I will argue with them. I will get infractions with my arguments.

I am beyond you're insults sir.. grow up.

Prove it to the people, or else you'e just blowing smoke. Last chance friend-o.. prove it.
Read the posts...

S

Sweeney

You sleep with your sister/brother?

I've stated my case why pets should be unbonded, and I've admitted it had flaws. You and your sister/brother are intent on attacking me. You'd rather concentrate on me than the issue, which is fine with me, but derails this thread. Half the posts are your attacks or responses.

I've already said that I'm not perfect.. will you admit your brother's body isn't so perfect? You're only arguments are insulting me or defending Mike-D.. and I've already defended him. So are we on the same side?

S

Sweeney

I won't be checking this forum the next few days.. too much energy was wasted defending my "what if" idea, and it was full of attacks.

I guess it hit too close too home for some people, that they couldn't come up with a good rebuttal aside from "**** Sweeney!!!!"

Yet another time that I thought reason could win.. but it just ended in a horrible stalemate, with both of us on the same side.

It's my mistake, I shouldn't be here,

Bye bye everyone. Fight for what's right.

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 5, 2008
Ala-freakin-bama
Once again.. You COMPLETELY ignore my post with Valid points on why tamers need to stay the way they are. My Post that had 0 Insults and was from a Balance perspective... Why is this??

You are a Hypocrit... I gave you a perfectly valid post that you could argue about 10 Different points.. yet you completely ignore it..

Here ya go.. This is me on Alterix.. stealing from you i believe

Heres one of me about a year ago playing loki with all my weapons

Those weapons suck ballz now:).

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 31, 2004
Since i'm the oldest remaining tamer on siege (yes i've been here from the beginning), I can tell you why they won't go back to having unlimited pets in the stables. The reason they made the change to stable slots in the first place was because of the amount of memory it took for their servers to back-up all those pets in the stables. I know this, i was there, i had 50+ dragons in different stables (ya way way back you had to use different stable masters). True when you took out multiple dragons, not all of them obeyed your commands. And there was a possibilty of the pet turning on you (which i don't think has happened once to me in 6+ years). Then along came pet AI, because pets were stupid in those days and would get stuck on stuff, like a couple trees next to each other. Or a mage could simply gate them away (how stupid was this?)
Problems i have with removing pet bonding:
1) The amount of time it takes for a pet (gtr dragon) to be trained to max skills. About a week if you're training it 8 hours a day with no interuptions. Tamers back then would lose a pet and be forced to go tame another one. This took time, but it didn't take a week to train (no training needed).
2) The amount of time it takes to find a decent pet. Really depends how lucky you are and what exactly you are looking for but this could take a hellofalot longer than a week LOL.

For solving the pet problem:
1) Bring back pet commanding difficulty. There's absolutely no reason why, arguealbly the most powerful pet in game, should be commandable 99.9% of the time and have ZERO chance of turning against the owner. Like i said, i've not had a pet go wild on me in over 6+ years! Thats alot of commands...Wanna use a gtr drag, you should have a 50% chance of failing a command. Fail a command 3 times in a row, chomp chomp, good bye pet owner.

Damien Softstep

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 13, 2009
Siege Perilous...
Since i'm the oldest remaining tamer on siege (yes i've been here from the beginning), I can tell you why they won't go back to having unlimited pets in the stables. The reason they made the change to stable slots in the first place was because of the amount of memory it took for their servers to back-up all those pets in the stables. I know this, i was there, i had 50+ dragons in different stables (ya way way back you had to use different stable masters). True when you took out multiple dragons, not all of them obeyed your commands. And there was a possibilty of the pet turning on you (which i don't think has happened once to me in 6+ years). Then along came pet AI, because pets were stupid in those days and would get stuck on stuff, like a couple trees next to each other. Or a mage could simply gate them away (how stupid was this?)
1) The amount of time it takes for a pet (gtr dragon) to be trained to max skills. About a week if you're training it 8 hours a day with no interuptions. Tamers back then would lose a pet and be forced to go tame another one. This took time, but it didn't take a week to train (no training needed).
2) The amount of time it takes to find a decent pet. Really depends how lucky you are and what exactly you are looking for but this could take a hellofalot longer than a week LOL.

1) Bring back pet commanding difficulty. There's absolutely no reason why, arguealbly the most powerful pet in game, should be commandable 99.9% of the time and have ZERO chance of turning against the owner. Like i said, i've not had a pet go wild on me in over 6+ years! Thats alot of commands...Wanna use a gtr drag, you should have a 50% chance of failing a command. Fail a command 3 times in a row, chomp chomp, good bye pet owner.
Explained wonderfully...

M

MikeD

With advances in technology since back in the day, the servers are capable of a billion pets in memory i bet. I kinda already said everything else, besides the failing and getting eaten, either way GD's would be removed if this came back, and just like i heard people did back in the day, i would run with 20 white wyrms(and i would have NO lag on my end.) But, the lag issue would still be there for most people just like it was when people rolled with mass amounts of pets back when. So like i said, you can do all the tweaking you want to make unlimited pets work, but for people with slow pc's/connections, there is no tweak.