• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

MESANNA SAVES NAVERY HOLE

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Larisa while you do agree the saving was a good move you want her to make more and for all.....
I am about to put my devil's advocate hat on...
Captn N grit your teeth hun im about to say something that has needed to be said for a long time so if I step off the path forgive me they need this more then the rules of conduct.
For those of you who don't like long winded posts read it anyway...
1. This item should not exsist period.
Had this been any other LP it would have been instant destroyed and the houses and anything no matter who it belonged to lost to the Dev's hand who deleted it. They would not even listen to one request.. it was not meant to be in game perma.
You all know this as fact if you have been in UO for the most part before Mesanna was named LP.
She should have set the house ablaze and the lots not useable period. She still can if you all keep this garbage up.
The fact one does and it was begged like mad to the lady in charge to save it comes to mind.
The things this producer has done to help and keep you all happy has not slipped my notice.
Mesanna has bent over backwards, inside out and upside down to get you all a better game and all I hear is complaints.
The few pats on the back and a well done are so few...
I am ashamed of you.
You all agree that the things Clops took, bought with ill gotten gains, created with gain in mind, and so forth.. are not up for gifting out.
I got wind of something i was super angry about... Rumor has it many e mails went in with phony claims on things in clops house's.
For those of you who do not know of how things in a computer coding works.. everything is traceable.
It just takes a bit of time to back track an item. Shame on you.
I have asked if some could be used as deco at the EM hall as some was event items.
I regret I asked her for that, she should destroy it all as a sign that it will not be tolerated.
I am sorry you all feel "Save them" is an option.
Now the lady does "SAVE" one of them you all jump down her throat.
She instead of putting a torch to the houses of Clops she figures she would make a gift of them to some random player(s).
What does she get?
A Major headache in the inept of people to read common English.
I have seen each post for clairification of every word....
READ IT
if it says a red shoe on the left foot how do you get a pair of loafers in vermilion leather??
This is how your sounding.
Stupid

I would not blame her one iota If she just tossed her hands up and walked off... Your all a bunch of ungratefull children no matter your age!
One or two of you who shall remain nameless has had a stake and hammer for her heart for the last few years and its getting old... knock it off.
Who died and made you Lead Producer?
Answer : No one
Your a plain old player with grandure delusions that you can influence the game more then any other.. GET A GRIP.
You have no powers in this area and don't come off with you paid for this game and have rights... READ THE TOS
You rent use of this game with limited rights as to its content.
The game reps (psst: that's Mesanna btw) can and could at any time wipe you out and stop any return to said game.
If you don't like how the game is run all I got to say is: QUIT... GET LOST... BEAT IT...
I am so bloody tired of the mouth and attitude in this group of gimme gimmie its not funny.

Your never satisfied.
You have no reguards for the feelings of the one person you should be bending a knee to for keeping this game alive this long.

What part of She is the LAST ABSOLUTE LAST LEAD PRODUCER UO WILL HAVE?????
Sorry for yelling its all you seem to see.
I have played this game for over 20 years ...
The dev teams of the past were by no means this kind to the players..

For once in your life sit back and look at how you come off in your posts ...
How would this type of attitude be taken at work ?
Would your family like how you have talked in your posts to them?
Could you see yourself talking this way to your religious person you see at services?

Mesanna is a real person with feelings and a great heart for the players of UO.
You may not like all she does but she has made many happy, she has been quiet and I know how it feels to have so many things on ones plate to do.

To the mods of stratics forgive my strait forward post things are getting out of hand and this needed to be addressed.
Lady Storm
Beta player

I cant understand most of what you wrote. lol

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have used the Navery hole maybe once since its inception and I have no plans to use it in the future. However, count me among those happy that Messana save the hole. It has become part of the game and I believe, as other have said, she was trying to do right by the community. Additionally, I find it funny when people make statements and speak as experts when they haven't spend a day in this ladies shoes. Everyone seems to think they know what is best for this game....yet Mesanna has been at the helm for how many years, the game is still going, new content added, 20 year celebration, etc etc etc....and yet some people give absolutely no recognition or nod to her accomplishments. It comes across as petulant little children, mad because they are ignored, desperately for attention. The thing about offering advice is sometimes it is ignored, adults recognize this and move on.

(*this is directed at no one individual*)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have used the Navery hole maybe once since its inception and I have no plans to use it in the future. However, count me among those happy that Messana save the hole. It has become part of the game and I believe, as other have said, she was trying to do right by the community. Additionally, I find it funny when people make statements and speak as experts when they haven't spend a day in this ladies shoes. Everyone seems to think they know what is best for this game....yet Mesanna has been at the helm for how many years, the game is still going, new content added, 20 year celebration, etc etc etc....and yet some people give absolutely no recognition or nod to her accomplishments. It comes across as petulant little children, mad because they are ignored, desperately for attention. The thing about offering advice is sometimes it is ignored, adults recognize this and move on.

(*this is directed at no one individual*)
Guess everything is fine so long as you are the benefactor of her favoritism and if not you are just a petulant little child.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Guess everything is fine so long as you are the benefactor of her favoritism and if not you are just a petulant little child.
Except I don't use the Navery hole....How could you miss the first sentence? How is that possible?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when you have 99% of the posts here, only pancakes about this and that and only complaining
Perhaps this is a good indication that there is a serious problem between the Producer and the bulk of the community...................

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Think in broader terms than the hole.
How mysterious....yawn

I don't care that she saved the Atlantic Navery Hole....Had she done this on ANY SERVER I dare to speculate that the same complaining would be going on and I would be here saying the exact same thing.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it was to be saved and was a valuable item for the game as a whole it would have taken all of 30 mins to replicate the same item at the same spot on all shards, the fact that she bothered to "save" this after being pestered shows it's just a token move designed to either placate a small group(which it did) or make her look good to a small audience(which it did) but it did not add value to the rest of the game(which is should have). Play ATL or don't bother?

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If it was to be saved and was a valuable item for the game as a whole it would have taken all of 30 mins to replicate the same item at the same spot on all shards, the fact that she bothered to "save" this after being pestered shows it's just a token move designed to either placate a small group(which it did) or make her look good to a small audience(which it did) but it did not add value to the rest of the game(which is should have). Play ATL or don't bother?
You, I nor anyone else knows her motivations or her plans. Anyone that does is fooling themselves. Allow me to pose an contrary narrative:

If it was to be saved and was a valuable item for the game as a whole it would have taken all of 30 mins to replicate the same item at the same spot on all shards, which is she contemplating doing. Albeit the complaining, whining and baseless accusations are slowing her down considerably.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Atl isn't the only shard that has one though.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pacific: No one saved the Navrey hole.

Face it... unless you guys have 20-30 accounts to multi-box EM events and legendaries on every shard (which Mesanna told Thor is 100% legal b/c they can't detect the switch.... and they opened that door up a long time ago by allowing multi-clienting, so yes it's legal she said), or cross trade on Atlantic from IDOCs and events... you are nobody. Why do you think the devs changed the drop system to legendary items and the like? Why do you think they have the EM drop system, but refuse to make the drops shard bound? You guessed it.... someone is making $$.

As much as I would hate to see shard bound event items... I would welcome it at this point to stick it to Ed, Edd, Eddy, Edward, Eddie, and the likes. I would say some of the other ones, but it would be obvious as to who they are......

[Edit] That's also why they refuse to allow shard shield transfers unless your account is 15 years old I tend to think. You will notice all of my complaints are usually focused towards multi-boxers, idoc scripters, and the likes... one way or another. Even fixing blacksmithing/tailoring/imbuing to 12 properties... it's all to fix what they don't want to fix, the legendary farming and the likes. It's hard not to get a little upset when nobody has listened/cared about script farming for so long and laughed at us and told us to "win any way you want to win." You all should seek out and read the Meet and Greet conversation between Thor and Mesanna.
Well a few years ago my Freind owned one pacific it was right in front of my house for a short time during Halloween
But ya I'm sure it's been sold or moved to another shard by now I haven't her in a log time

Would be nice if they would just put one in each em hall or make them an in game stealable

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well a few years ago my Freind owned one pacific it was right in front of my house for a short time during Halloween
But ya I'm sure it's been sold or moved to another shard by now I haven't her in a log time

Would be nice if they would just put one in each em hall or make them an in game stealable
Would be even nicer and far more "fair" if they just added Navrey to the the corrupted Portal... but what do I know.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats the problem storm Mesanna flip flops on things. When Soulweavers accounts/houses were banned they burnt everything and took it to the ground. Like they should. They made an example of him and what not to do. With clops she decided to turn things into a raffle, because it lined up with the anniversary? The easiest thing she could learn to do is just be consistent with her judgement. However she has never done this. which is why so many people are claiming things about her.

As far as that hole goes... it should have been destroyed along with all of clops crap. Instead there is now a memorial to clops reign at the em rewards hall.
end they raffle because they clever for once.... each account reopenee for the draw... bingo... uo coffer filled and peeps will reopen accounts for the chance of a uo atl castle or a uo atl luna plot...kerching kerching... sweet jesus
etc etc etc etc

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now MalagAste that is a great idea....
Mesanna was not minding a portal for islh... why not add that in... It might not be a bad idea for a few more places too.
Now back to the game .... hehhe

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How mysterious....yawn

I don't care that she saved the Atlantic Navery Hole....Had she done this on ANY SERVER I dare to speculate that the same complaining would be going on and I would be here saying the exact same thing.
Guess it was not so mysterious since you are starting to grasp the concept. Why do something that any fool could see was going to stir the pot of discontent even faster? IF it is here intent to piss people off, she is doing a bang up job.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I am really starting to think there are quite a few posters on Stratics would would pancake for months about having to pay the taxes if they hit the $535 million lottery... :/

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Guess it was not so mysterious since you are starting to grasp the concept. Why do something that any fool could see was going to stir the pot of discontent even faster? IF it is here intent to piss people off, she is doing a bang up job.
Pffft It doesn't matter what she does man, she could have farted Navery Holes out her arse in the middle of luna on every shard until everyone had one and people would still be pissed.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now that mental cartoon movie...how can I sleep after this?!?!??!

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
All you lazy a$$ people (includes self) - just walk through the dungeon... are we to lazy to even walk in a virtual world? (Yes)

Hehe- pot stirring!

All I ask is that the next Ethy mount be a ridable NPC...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
jesus... pats the back...awesome save messana ...can i have one of the castle too... wtf