• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

MESANNA SAVES NAVERY HOLE

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Larisa while you do agree the saving was a good move you want her to make more and for all.....
I am about to put my devil's advocate hat on...
Captn N grit your teeth hun im about to say something that has needed to be said for a long time so if I step off the path forgive me they need this more then the rules of conduct.
For those of you who don't like long winded posts read it anyway...
1. This item should not exsist period.
Had this been any other LP it would have been instant destroyed and the houses and anything no matter who it belonged to lost to the Dev's hand who deleted it. They would not even listen to one request.. it was not meant to be in game perma.
You all know this as fact if you have been in UO for the most part before Mesanna was named LP.
She should have set the house ablaze and the lots not useable period. She still can if you all keep this garbage up.
The fact one does and it was begged like mad to the lady in charge to save it comes to mind.
The things this producer has done to help and keep you all happy has not slipped my notice.
Mesanna has bent over backwards, inside out and upside down to get you all a better game and all I hear is complaints.
The few pats on the back and a well done are so few...
I am ashamed of you.
You all agree that the things Clops took, bought with ill gotten gains, created with gain in mind, and so forth.. are not up for gifting out.
I got wind of something i was super angry about... Rumor has it many e mails went in with phony claims on things in clops house's.
For those of you who do not know of how things in a computer coding works.. everything is traceable.
It just takes a bit of time to back track an item. Shame on you.
I have asked if some could be used as deco at the EM hall as some was event items.
I regret I asked her for that, she should destroy it all as a sign that it will not be tolerated.
I am sorry you all feel "Save them" is an option.
Now the lady does "SAVE" one of them you all jump down her throat.
She instead of putting a torch to the houses of Clops she figures she would make a gift of them to some random player(s).
What does she get?
A Major headache in the inept of people to read common English.
I have seen each post for clairification of every word....
READ IT
if it says a red shoe on the left foot how do you get a pair of loafers in vermilion leather??
This is how your sounding.
Stupid

I would not blame her one iota If she just tossed her hands up and walked off... Your all a bunch of ungratefull children no matter your age!
One or two of you who shall remain nameless has had a stake and hammer for her heart for the last few years and its getting old... knock it off.
Who died and made you Lead Producer?
Answer : No one
Your a plain old player with grandure delusions that you can influence the game more then any other.. GET A GRIP.
You have no powers in this area and don't come off with you paid for this game and have rights... READ THE TOS
You rent use of this game with limited rights as to its content.
The game reps (psst: that's Mesanna btw) can and could at any time wipe you out and stop any return to said game.
If you don't like how the game is run all I got to say is: QUIT... GET LOST... BEAT IT...
I am so bloody tired of the mouth and attitude in this group of gimme gimmie its not funny.

Your never satisfied.
You have no reguards for the feelings of the one person you should be bending a knee to for keeping this game alive this long.

What part of She is the LAST ABSOLUTE LAST LEAD PRODUCER UO WILL HAVE?????
Sorry for yelling its all you seem to see.
I have played this game for over 20 years ...
The dev teams of the past were by no means this kind to the players..

For once in your life sit back and look at how you come off in your posts ...
How would this type of attitude be taken at work ?
Would your family like how you have talked in your posts to them?
Could you see yourself talking this way to your religious person you see at services?

Mesanna is a real person with feelings and a great heart for the players of UO.
You may not like all she does but she has made many happy, she has been quiet and I know how it feels to have so many things on ones plate to do.

To the mods of stratics forgive my strait forward post things are getting out of hand and this needed to be addressed.
Lady Storm
Beta player

Thats the problem storm Mesanna flip flops on things. When Soulweavers accounts/houses were banned they burnt everything and took it to the ground. Like they should. They made an example of him and what not to do. With clops she decided to turn things into a raffle, because it lined up with the anniversary? The easiest thing she could learn to do is just be consistent with her judgement. However she has never done this. which is why so many people are claiming things about her.

As far as that hole goes... it should have been destroyed along with all of clops crap. Instead there is now a memorial to clops reign at the em rewards hall.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Larisa while you do agree the saving was a good move you want her to make more and for all.....
I am about to put my devil's advocate hat on...
Captn N grit your teeth hun im about to say something that has needed to be said for a long time so if I step off the path forgive me they need this more then the rules of conduct.
For those of you who don't like long winded posts read it anyway...
1. This item should not exsist period.
Had this been any other LP it would have been instant destroyed and the houses and anything no matter who it belonged to lost to the Dev's hand who deleted it. They would not even listen to one request.. it was not meant to be in game perma.
You all know this as fact if you have been in UO for the most part before Mesanna was named LP.
She should have set the house ablaze and the lots not useable period. She still can if you all keep this garbage up.
The fact one does and it was begged like mad to the lady in charge to save it comes to mind.
The things this producer has done to help and keep you all happy has not slipped my notice.
Mesanna has bent over backwards, inside out and upside down to get you all a better game and all I hear is complaints.
The few pats on the back and a well done are so few...
I am ashamed of you.
You all agree that the things Clops took, bought with ill gotten gains, created with gain in mind, and so forth.. are not up for gifting out.
I got wind of something i was super angry about... Rumor has it many e mails went in with phony claims on things in clops house's.
For those of you who do not know of how things in a computer coding works.. everything is traceable.
It just takes a bit of time to back track an item. Shame on you.
I have asked if some could be used as deco at the EM hall as some was event items.
I regret I asked her for that, she should destroy it all as a sign that it will not be tolerated.
I am sorry you all feel "Save them" is an option.
Now the lady does "SAVE" one of them you all jump down her throat.
She instead of putting a torch to the houses of Clops she figures she would make a gift of them to some random player(s).
What does she get?
A Major headache in the inept of people to read common English.
I have seen each post for clairification of every word....
READ IT
if it says a red shoe on the left foot how do you get a pair of loafers in vermilion leather??
This is how your sounding.
Stupid

I would not blame her one iota If she just tossed her hands up and walked off... Your all a bunch of ungratefull children no matter your age!
One or two of you who shall remain nameless has had a stake and hammer for her heart for the last few years and its getting old... knock it off.
Who died and made you Lead Producer?
Answer : No one
Your a plain old player with grandure delusions that you can influence the game more then any other.. GET A GRIP.
You have no powers in this area and don't come off with you paid for this game and have rights... READ THE TOS
You rent use of this game with limited rights as to its content.
The game reps (psst: that's Mesanna btw) can and could at any time wipe you out and stop any return to said game.
If you don't like how the game is run all I got to say is: QUIT... GET LOST... BEAT IT...
I am so bloody tired of the mouth and attitude in this group of gimme gimmie its not funny.

Your never satisfied.
You have no reguards for the feelings of the one person you should be bending a knee to for keeping this game alive this long.

Could you see yourself talking this way to your religious person you see at services?

You may not like all she does but she has made many happy, she has been quiet and I know how it feels to have so many things on ones plate to do.

To the mods of stratics forgive my strait forward post things are getting out of hand and this needed to be addressed.
Lady Storm
Beta player

:ten:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well Lady Storm...she did what she did....she saved it....she's the Boss...BUT! IF she's going to save ONE...why not save them all???

I am not an ungrateful little kid, as you so eloquently put it....I don't play Atlantic....and I agree that EVERYTHING that Clops owned should have been burnt to the ground....houses and all....no garden plots in luna..NOTHING...as a reminder to everyone old and new that cheating is NOT tolerated....but...she went the way she went....lets give the houses away..lets save an item from the cheating liar that tarnished her EM program and all the GOOD EM's we DO have.....it's HER decision....as the boss.....to do what she wants...so that's what she did....fine...that's all fine but NOT fine OR fair to once again give ATLANTIC special treatment.....yeah here is a gift to the most wonderful shard from a lying, cheating corrupt person....ENJOY!

So instead of memorializing such a person by giving ONE shard a unique item that at one point ALL shards had.....she should have deleted it....it's past that now...she did what she did and now she should give us ALL one...or take that one away....fair is fair.

I appreciate her..I do..and all the hard work she does....and continues to do...above and beyond most times.....but nothing else can be done....all I can say is what I've already said:

ALL Shards had the navery hole....they were deemed illegal and asked to be turned in...the GOOD people got shafted and the BAD people that hid theirs away got rewarded for their BAD behaviour.

Not saying SHE did that..she did what she felt was right....nice gesture...for ONE shard....I for one don't care either way..Navery is boring to me lol..I DO however want to have one..as a pet ;)

Ah whatever...just waiting for the Arc to be turned back on!

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For you scribbles ill go one further how about I make the e mail to her asking if she do just that... burn them all and forget the gifting.... you seem to make it your personal business how she deals with things... lets see how you like the mob of players this action effects shall we?
Larisa like I said read...
this was aimed at all the discontentment in this post and others...
She bent to the flow of begging players to save it... she has a heart for the last bunch of players left in this game.
Yes while I would love one on the other shards I play on as it would be a great thing for all and me too. I will not peve the pope to get it!
Now is not a good time to make a demand..
Wait let her think and she may just come up with one for all on her own... for all the shards
she is very fair minded. but I say again give her the space to do so.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Going down the list of the parts I quoted:

1) Really? Maybe if the devs actually LISTENED to the players, we wouldn't have the "stake and hammer" out for them. How many of the recent publishes received player input only for it to be ignored? The new global event arc was supposed to start today, but they didn't do ANY testing on TC to make sure it would work properly. Really? When things like that happen, it's not hard to wonder why the players don't like the dev team all that much.

2) The attitude at work: If multiple customers were complaining about the way you do your job, your bosses would look into it, right? Mesanna has her bosses, and it's pretty clear that the people running EA don't actually give a **** about UO, nor have they for quite some time.

3) ...what exactly DOES she do? Yeah, she'll do things like this Clops house giveaway (that people like me, who only have one email registered, have ZERO chance of winning...while the people who have A LOT of emails registered to their 30+ accounts, will be the ones who end up winning the whole thing.) How exactly is that fair? How many complaints about multiboxers have they received at Dev M&Gs, only for players to be told the devs aren't going to do anything about it/that they don't care? How long have players been asking for a new account management page setup? 2+ years? How many players have quit, closed accounts, etc?

As far as the Navrey hole on Atlantic: A guildmate of mine had the house there before Clops did. I don't know if he sold the place to Clops or let it fall because of an inactive account, but it didn't (as far as I know) initially belong to Clops.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Navrey hole should have been deleted. It takes a whole 1-3 minutes to walk run/walk there.... No point in creating more drama from Clops' situation... especially drama that lasts the rest of the game long. "Hey, that's the Navrey hole Clops bought with gold he obtained illegally by cheating... remember what all he had?"

There should have been a lot of stuff from the Clops' happening deleted that so far was not... including other players involved with the fencing. It's great to see there are always 2-3 people permanently a part of the Mesanna fan club though. Thanks for jumping down everyone's throats for raising their opinions... yes we should all quit the game like a few of you (even mods have stated.) You guys are quite the childish ones it seems... in my humble opinion. We're just stating obvious things... like that stopping multi-boxing and fencing of high end rares and script placing after castle/keep IDOCs so that you get every big house to sell.... is more important than the Navrey hole. In fact... the Navrey hole will inevitably make a lot of people upset, because it's unfair. Walk to Navrey the way people on shards without a Navrey hole have to..... it's not that hard.

Either way, I don't care about the Navrey hole and will use it as well. I'm actually happy for it, but would have rather have saw it burned. There should be one on Pacific now also though (and everyone will say the same.) The things I care about are in that list on the first page... I'm not just complaining about Mesanna saving the Navrey hole. I'm suggesting, as I always do to no avail, the things she should do to save the game. Catching people posting items on Clops' auction safes and saving the Navrey hole seem like a colossal waste of time, IMHO. How about go to a castle IDOC on Atlantic and watch the 8-12 bots placing the castle?
:sad4::sad4: :twak: :sad4::sad4:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For you scribbles ill go one further how about I make the e mail to her asking if she do just that... burn them all and forget the gifting.... you seem to make it your personal business how she deals with things... lets see how you like the mob of players this action effects shall we?
She bent to the flow of begging players to save it... she has a heart for the last bunch of players left in this game.
Yes while I would love one on the other shards I play on as it would be a great thing for all and me too. I will not peve the pope to get it!
Wait let her think and she may just come up with one for all on her own... for all the shards
Do you have any suggestions on when and how players should voice their concerns and discontentment? Because at this point, I'm pretty confused. It was apparently okay with you/Mesanna for people on Atlantic to beg here on Stratics to have the Navrey hole saved for Atlantic but it was apparently not okay with you/Mesanna for people who do not play on Atlantic as their main shard to express their opinion of the situation here on Stratics. What should those non-Atlantic players have done instead so they didn't risk "peeving the pope"?

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At the very least it would be consistent with how she has dealt with caught cheaters in the past. Consistency is the key to her success. Most people start the complaint process when one decision is not consistent with the previous. Like how easy it is for some people to get their masks dyed while others try over and over and fail. Like some get their em event titles with ease while others have been waiting almost a year.

Furthermore if she sets a date on something she honors it. And if she misses that date she is honest about it instead of blowing it off.

Consistency and honesty will go a long way with the UO community. The run around has the community very tired as most of us arent in shape for such long runs. :)

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have no discontent on how Larisa has been on the dev or Mesanna in fact I find she is a very nice to them.
Tina I can see the Meet and Greets and E mail is not good enough to use? I have found Mesanna very good at listening to all the players concerns and has many times offered up to take the convo to the e mail where one can fully craft the question or concern to her.
So Scribbles I will see if she is open to my e mail to do just that, on your behalf.
If I was you id run ... the mobs will come after you... not me.
Cause ill tell them you ordered it. To be fair.
But I have a heart, she has bent over backwards to keep this game afloat... to keep our UO open.
Lets not pussyfoot here, we all know this game is on its last hurrah.
If the subs don't keep up and EA is not fed its quota...this game is done.
That's one thing Clops didn't lie about...
AS for you
Quit already if you don't like how its run.. if not then shut the hell up.
Cause I will do as I say...
I agree the houses should go to the torch.. but she is the boss and runs UO. ITs her right to do as she sees is best for the game at this time.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have no discontent on how Larisa has been on the dev or Mesanna in fact I find she is a very nice to them.
Tina I can see the Meet and Greets and E mail is not good enough to use? I have found Mesanna very good at listening to all the players concerns and has many times offered up to take the convo to the e mail where one can fully craft the question or concern to her.
So Scribbles I will see if she is open to my e mail to do just that, on your behalf.
But I have a heart, she has bent over backwards to keep this game afloat... to keep our UO open.
AS for you
I agree the houses should go to the torch.. but she is the boss and runs UO. ITs her right to do as she sees is best for the game at this time.
and its my right to disagree with her. Two sides to every story.

When all of your friends quit because of her decisions perhaps you will understand why i dislike her decisions so much.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you know if Mesanna has ever talked to Rob Denton about the possibility of adding a full-time community representative to the UO team? If she has and he has said no, would it help if the players started an e-mail campaign to ask him to reconsider? Adding a full-time community representative person who only works on UO issues could be a big positive and help keep UO going a few years longer. It could free up a significant part of Mesanna's time and let her really focus on doing what she does best.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Can someone break that down? I can't follow what Lady Storm is trying to say.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you know if Mesanna has ever talked to Rob Denton about the possibility of adding a full-time community representative to the UO team? If she has and he has said no, would it help if the players started an e-mail campaign to ask him to reconsider? Adding a full-time community representative person who only works on UO issues could be a big positive and help keep UO going a few years longer. It could free up a significant part of Mesanna's time and let her really focus on doing what she does best.
the last time I asked Mesanna about this very thing her response was something along the lines of "I am the community representative and I dont think we need one" I was expecting her to say we simply cant afford it but from what i gathered she didnt think she even needed one.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think Tina Scribbles took that out of context as I did ask her same... the reply was to the effect the player base is of such a size the controlling powers do not think we need such. She is not the last word on hiring or placement in the works of UO. I do not know if Rob Denton would step in and let it be done... they are pretty well leary of letting in any right now... this business with what is precieved as good turning bad has them all looking over their shoulders.
You would be surprised at how much of what is up she knows of... she plays the game.
Not as much as she use to but she has been known to be paying attention to the chat and changing over to deal with things...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think Tina Scribbles took that out of context as I did ask her same... the reply was to the effect the player base is of such a size the controlling powers do not think we need such. She is not the last word on hiring or placement in the works of UO. I do not know if Rob Denton would step in and let it be done... they are pretty well leary of letting in any right now... this business with what is precieved as good turning bad has them all looking over their shoulders.
You would be surprised at how much of what is up she knows of... she plays the game.
Not as much as she use to but she has been known to be paying attention to the chat and changing over to deal with things...
I guess all I can say then is that I would hope that Rob would reconsider. He obviously must think Bonnie is up to the challenge of running UO with such limited resources. But has he given any thought to how much it would benefit everyone if some of the weight Bonnie is carrying could be offloaded onto someone else? What becomes of his company and all of his employees if the stress becomes too much for anyone on the UO team and one or more of them become ill or decide they need to move on for their own health, to benefit their family, or for some other reason? And wouldn't it be helpful to his company and to Bonnie as well if she is not so shackled to UO, i.e., the linchpin? Give her some assistance and free up some of her time to perhaps transition into another role that may be more to her liking and offer her new opportunities to grow professionally? It is distressing to think that she may feel like she is carrying such a heavy load, i.e., being the last producer for UO. Can't be good for her health to feel like that. Mentally and maybe physically as well, she might feel a lot better in the long run if Rob gave her the opportunity to bring in some additional people to be able to train them in so much of what she actually does.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tina I am sure he will check in on things and if he see's her under more stress then needed he will put in 2 cents.
That's it he does trust her and she has done rather well with so few and little help. Bonnie is a strong lady. I have no doubt she can yell if she needs a hand. Heavens knows many have offered many times.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the player base had stayed somewhat static over the years I would have said she has done an fine job but it hasn't. The decline can be for a variety of factors but she's been the captain.....I'm not going to cast blame on the poor shmuck scrubbing the floors so it has to fall on her. It's more than a paycheque if you want it to be.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like a lot of the changes and know for sure she was trying to help with the Navrey hole. I'm sure she saw the complaints about it being deleted on here a few weeks/months back. The taming patch and Eodan brought back a lot of players to UO. But a lot of players quit also because of inaction on multi-boxing at events and Idocs and such too.

We have great new expansions and the taming was redone, these are both great. I would focus now entirely on bringing back old players and get the shard populations up before the Halloween events and Christmas. The things I stated above would definitely do that I think... like allowing 2-3 houses per account. The shards would fill up and the housing market would come back. Sure a few people would close an account or two possibly (doubt it.) But the number of players that it would bring back would more than make up for it... imagine people fighting over paying 20m for a small tower again....

And redo crafting so players don't return and ask if blacksmithing is dead. Allow transfers once a month possibly per account (I realize this will hit their budget b/c the people wouldn't be buying xfer tokens from "Mexico" to sell for gold in game....) but that's all part of the problem. Relying on gold sellers isn't the answer, but has been for far too long. Kick the multi-boxers out of the game. Even if they don't allow the transfers; the rest of this is extremely doable and people love building houses first and foremost. I imagine a few would buy an extra account if they knew they could build 2-3 houses on it. Plus teleporter set sales would skyrocket.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like a lot of the changes and know for sure she was trying to help with the Navrey hole. I'm sure she saw the complaints about it being deleted on here a few weeks/months back. The taming patch and Eodan brought back a lot of players to UO. But a lot of players quit also because of inaction on multi-boxing at events and Idocs and such too.

We have great new expansions and the taming was redone, these are both great. I would focus now entirely on bringing back old players and get the shard populations up before the Halloween events and Christmas. The things I stated above would definitely do that I think... like allowing 2-3 houses per account. The shards would fill up and the housing market would come back. Sure a few people would close an account or two possibly (doubt it.) But the number of players that it would bring back would more than make up for it... imagine people fighting over paying 20m for a small tower again....

And redo crafting so players don't return and ask if blacksmithing is dead. Allow transfers once a month possibly per account (I realize this will hit their budget b/c the people wouldn't be buying xfer tokens from "Mexico" to sell for gold in game....) but that's all part of the problem. Relying on gold sellers isn't the answer, but has been for far too long. Kick the multi-boxers out of the game. Even if they don't allow the transfers; the rest of this is extremely doable and people love building houses first and foremost. I imagine a few would buy an extra account if they knew they could build 2-3 houses on it. Plus teleporter set sales would skyrocket.
Very good suggestions. I would not close accounts if they could have 2-3 houses each. In fact quite the opposite, I would probably reopen several for that very reason. Even if they just allowed a second house per account as they did on Siege and count Siege houses toward the house count, that would be great.

Transfers could be accomplished simply by lowering the shard shields down to a 5th or 6th year reward. I have shields and still spend more than a little bit on transfer tokens sometime through the Mexico store and sometimes just hit the USA side if I am too lazy to go the Mexico route. Anyone that transfers alot will still be buying the store transfers either with a proxy or not.

You nailed on the number one activity in UO houses and deco! Heck I even love engineering my latest Borg cube.

LOL remember the first small tower I placed on GL way back. It was in a crappy location on Fire Island and sold for a small fortune back then. If I am remembering right people were offering $100 real money for it. Never was into RWT so I sold it for a pretty good pile of 1 mil checks after I placed a L shape wood and plaster on the North End of Fire Island. Just goofing off one stay I ran around Atl recently seeing what I could place for housing and found 1 fel tower spot, sever 13x17 to 14x18 spots, 10+ two story villas and tons of small 7x7 to 10x12 spots. Not all ideal locations but some pretty good ones. The fact that there is any housing open for placement on the most populated shard is kind of sad in itself.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Picus dear
The reasons vary for players leaving.
Friends and family have had a lot on their plate over the last few years.
Jobs went and came .. mostly went the way of the dodo bird, meaning they no longer exist out there as a profession.

Family grew up school in and out of... meaning kids grew up went to college taking every spare dime to keep the in school.

Health... many of my long time friends have died... one in the bloody middle of the game... he went happy...his wife said.

We forget a lot of us started this in the late 90s when we were in our mid 30s to early 40s.... add 20 my dear..... enough said.

I could list a dozen other reasons I have been told... some not so nice. Wife/husband telling them its me or the game... 99% the significant other won.

One who just quit had to because his wife didn't care and he had to take a break or have a breakdown...

Boredom is another cause but I hate to say its not a major reason... even though many will point it out in hopes of getting changes they think should go in.... a kind of bribery by the masses.

To be honest a lot of players leaving get asked to join a friend in a new game or they see in the trades a new game popping up.

I get tons of adverts for new games...many are junk others are very interesting and I might go see ...

But UO is my home.... to others meh they come and go...

oh I will say one thing there are the jack in the box type too
They come and go so much the management page is a revolving door...

hardy-

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AS for you
I have account in this game since 98 and i NEVER, and when i say never it's NEVER got a reply from my e_mails.

And i really send lots of e_mails.

The only time i got close to a reply was in 16/04/2014 when i apply for the Counselor program, then i got the reply
-----

The account you gave me in your email xxxxxxxxx does not exist Do you have another account that I can verify active?
Mesanna

----

I reply the e_mail 5 min later with the right account, and never got a reply.

I program c#, i have a huge knowledge about this game and mechanics, i have a big uo community in my country, but actually everyone are playing in "free servers" not because the money, but because everyone love pvp, love high end pvm, and it's impossible because latency, (you can play well if you use tunnel programs + other stuff).

Actually i pay from my pocket for a "free server" to friends play and don't forget this lovely game.

The impression i have is, actually the uo dev team don't want much players, because more players = more problems, they want a small playerbase with a lot of accounts, (some guys here have 30+ active accounts)

it's why they don't care, they want a small amount of players spending a lot, it's better then real players spending less.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A lot of e mails do get read but if you didn't send it right way..... it might get put in the read when you got time pile...
and there is never a free moment in that office... take my word for it...
First off
there is a second line called the Subject.
on this line is where the cut the mustard is done....
Meaning if you word this line with a eye catching intro the Dev will stop and read it that minute... or in that days time. *this depends on what's going on*
Example of reason for e mail Like: Found reason pet's are disappearing in the EC client....
This will grab them like no ones business... NO DONT USE THAT TO SEND E MAIL geesh
But do think this through... what's the main reason for your e mail... if its important that line should be used to give them a small idea of you letter.
If its a idea for something say so..
And for heaven sake don't ramble! cut to the chase time is ticking by... and so is their attention.
Unless you required a reply as the e mail was on a issue of any great nature you should get one. or if the dev need a bit more info.
Repairs or ideas don't expect a reply... if they find your issue is a hands on repair they will contact you or do so behind the veil of the game.
So you see this can be one of your troubles.... try again. If you have ideas they love it.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because at a Meet and Greet Mesanna told me how to contact her to fix a game issue but I needed to explain how it happened each time.
She related how she has little time to read tons of mail.. at that time over 3k of e mails a day...
Mesanna was very explicit in the way it will get her or another team members attention is by that subject line.
Not so insider info.... just common sense,

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because at a Meet and Greet Mesanna told me how to contact her to fix a game issue but I needed to explain how it happened each time.
She related how she has little time to read tons of mail.. at that time over 3k of e mails a day...
Mesanna was very explicit in the way it will get her or another team members attention is by that subject line.
Not so insider info.... just common sense,
Sounds like there is more to you than you know. :tinhat:

Whyterose

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I took awhile to respond to this....

While I think it's wonderful that Atlantic now has a permanent gate to Navery...no other shard does....and I think that's unfair.

I think what Mesanna should do is give EVERY shard one....why single out one shard? Don't we ALL deserve something special??
I agree it is unfair because a cheater that was banned had the item and instead of deleting it like everything else the cheater had, the item is now on public display for use. I wonder what item will be memorialized like this has been by the next cheater that is banned.

Last edited:

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is a part of a special life experience - a circumstance that George Orwell well described in his famous book "Animal Farm"
All are equal.... but some at the end are even more equal than others ;)

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
If this had happened on any other shard it would be more likely that every item and the houses would have been destroyed, on Europa we are lucky to have a Navrey hole in Zoltan's Museum which he is happy (I assume!) for everyone to use, other shards it seems are not so fortunate. I know a lot of tamers find it particularly convenient!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If this had happened on any other shard it would be more likely that every item and the houses would have been destroyed, on Europa we are lucky to have a Navrey hole in Zoltan's Museum which he is happy (I assume!) for everyone to use, other shards it seems are not so fortunate. I know a lot of tamers find it particularly convenient!
@Slayvite wasn't it you who said Europa has one but didn't know where?

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like there is more to you than you know. :tinhat:
Little ol me?
Nah
I just have a good memory, and I do remember when one of my accounts is in trouble... you tend to keep them in mind when your dealing with 54 accounts x 5 to 7 chars per shard.
Each has at times gotten in trouble. Most times its a GM fix... but there have been times I have had to ask for higher up help.
Like the time one of my characters couldn't gain in any skill... GM tried to fix, but it took a look by one of the team to find that the character was so badly flawed to the point I needed to remake him and they bumped up the new guy to the skill level I was at..
Well a bit more the team member gave a tad bit more for all the work I had done and not moved the numbers... this was before Mesanna was LP.
But I do keep facts of how to contact up to date.
I do keep a log book and spread sheets on everything from who owns what home, skills of each character, age and what addition's are on it.
I am sure others do the same.

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
when your dealing with 54 accounts x 5 to 7 chars per shard.
I do keep a log book and spread sheets on everything from who owns what home, skills of each character, age and what addition's are on it.
I am sure others do the same.
Sorry, but that doesn't sound healthy at all. I'm not trying to be mean, but that seems crazy excessive and maybe a bit more space between you and UO would be a good idea?

The way you have been going on in this thread it seems like you might be having some trouble delineating between the real world and UO... again, not being mean - I've been there myself when I was young.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
@grimiz haha, excessive?? She is not alone, there is many people lilke @Lady Storm and many other with a lot of accounts!, I wish I could show my Excel Sheet System that I created!, it is a matter of organization and set alarms and so on on google Chrome to remind you!
and yes, few people asked me to pls share the info, so here it go:
as per today, I have 35 Active accounts, 12 more holding houses and 35 more as backup... and I never lost 1 single house or lost anything, thanks for Chrome!!! :) - so yes, I have well over 80+ accounts and I can manage them well.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To be honest I am not in game that much as I use to be...
I use to spend anywhere from 12 to 18 hours depending on guild functions.. but that was long ago...
These days I put in about 4 to 6 hours but its spread over many hours of the day in spurts of time.
I am retired and this is one of many hobby's.
AR is quite right the spread sheet is your friend..hehehe

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All I see here is Mesanna trying to do right by the community, regardless of the outcome some will be unhappy either way.

@Mesanna, thank you for what you do. BTW, on the subject of Clops, he was able to get off one final cash deal before you clipped his wings...that other castle was not a legit trade.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@grimiz haha, excessive?? She is not alone, there is many people lilke @Lady Storm and many other with a lot of accounts!, I wish I could show my Excel Sheet System that I created!, it is a matter of organization and set alarms and so on on google Chrome to remind you!
and yes, few people asked me to pls share the info, so here it go:
as per today, I have 35 Active accounts, 12 more holding houses and 35 more as backup... and I never lost 1 single house or lost anything, thanks for Chrome!!! :) - so yes, I have well over 80+ accounts and I can manage them well.
Well maybe now people will stop laughing at my 60 accts with 22 active. I keep telling them there are nut jobs out there with more than me :)

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And my question is where is the Navrey Hole on Oceania and Siege P. You guessed it, nowhere.
Baja: No one saved the Navrey hole.
Pacific: No one saved the Navrey hole.

Face it... unless you guys have 20-30 accounts to multi-box EM events and legendaries on every shard (which Mesanna told Thor is 100% legal b/c they can't detect the switch.... and they opened that door up a long time ago by allowing multi-clienting, so yes it's legal she said), or cross trade on Atlantic from IDOCs and events... you are nobody. Why do you think the devs changed the drop system to legendary items and the like? Why do you think they have the EM drop system, but refuse to make the drops shard bound? You guessed it.... someone is making $$.

As much as I would hate to see shard bound event items... I would welcome it at this point to stick it to Ed, Edd, Eddy, Edward, Eddie, and the likes. I would say some of the other ones, but it would be obvious as to who they are......

[Edit] That's also why they refuse to allow shard shield transfers unless your account is 15 years old I tend to think. You will notice all of my complaints are usually focused towards multi-boxers, idoc scripters, and the likes... one way or another. Even fixing blacksmithing/tailoring/imbuing to 12 properties... it's all to fix what they don't want to fix, the legendary farming and the likes. It's hard not to get a little upset when nobody has listened/cared about script farming for so long and laughed at us and told us to "win any way you want to win." You all should seek out and read the Meet and Greet conversation between Thor and Mesanna.

Last edited:

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Great Job @Mesanna :thumbup:, i'm all about these good news stories. Guys the game is far from perfect and we all get that, don't forget the devs are working with 20 year old code... so many bugs for our small sandbox team to handle most times. For the record I would rather see the game go part Sub/F2P with more advertising then to stop all the cheating/scripting in game, once the game is healthy again then we should clean that up more. I am grateful for the Tamers Patch and hope the upcoming fixes will help bring back the PvPers that left, now let's see what's in store with that new content :)

Please.png

Hehe :p

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Polaris75 not everyone with tons of accounts multi boxes in the way as your implying.
The vast majority of the larger account holders wouldn't stoop that low to cheat.
While there are people who have little or no reguard for others and would do anything to gain off this or any other game at any cost. And yes its cheating.
I am not talking about the players who load up a few accounts to move or trade things around their own world.
There is a major difference in this " boxing" that irks me to no end. I have seen the players who at events run more then the average number of accounts to get a better edge on those of us who go sans the army of dummys to enjoy the EM's hard work.
Perhaps its a good idea to make all major items dropped "Shard Bound".

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Polaris75 not everyone with tons of accounts multi boxes in the way as your implying.
The vast majority of the larger account holders wouldn't stoop that low to cheat.
While there are people who have little or no reguard for others and would do anything to gain off this or any other game at any cost. And yes its cheating.
I am not talking about the players who load up a few accounts to move or trade things around their own world.
There is a major difference in this " boxing" that irks me to no end. I have seen the players who at events run more then the average number of accounts to get a better edge on those of us who go sans the army of dummys to enjoy the EM's hard work.
Perhaps its a good idea to make all major items dropped "Shard Bound".
Didn't mean to imply you or @Tyrath for having a large number of accounts. I had 3-4 other people in mind specifically, but definitely not you two. I know you two love this game for sure. My family also has 7 accounts and I would have more houses if I could. But yes there are a few there just for money and they make a killing in R/L.

One Idoc man for one was banned from World of Warcraft for 6 months on like 8 different accounts. In his time away, he found a nice nest hole in our game. The difference here in Ultima Online recently is that no action is taken on cheaters or multi-boxers and our game's producer recently stated in a Meet and Greet with Thor that it was 100% legal because they couldn't detect the switch (even though everyone else can obviously) and to "win any way we want to win." And other EMs or GMs have stated that the more accounts the better when paged on.... it's truly sad.

It's not just those people making money that irks players. They are also destroying the economy by taking away other people's chances at making gold in game. So nobody can buy nothing unless they buy gold from websites nearly. Meanwhile everyone looks at them making 150p a year as Idoc man stated... or making 2p a week from event items.... and quits. It's sad how the devs and Mesanna chose to allow it.