• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

MESANNA SAVES NAVERY HOLE

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hate to say it.. but the usual suspects will show up about this with spatula and frying pan in hand...

unless of course they picked up on of those "as seen on tv" type frying pans and have learned how to do this.... :pancakes:

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't worry, after she did that ATL didn't go down for 16 minutes and then have an hour revert... wait a minute... it did.

Not to mention... this is what takes mesannas time? This was the top priority among other things like account management site, EC bugs, finding an em for chessy? The list could of gone on for a long time.

She couldn't of had a minion go delete items and reset the naverey hole while she focused on bigger and better things? or is it because she isn't capable of doing anything more than resetting a hole in the game?

If I was the manager of a restaurant You wouldn't catch me taking out the trash. Id probably be counting money while i sent an employee to do the crap work.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Not to mention... this is what takes mesannas time? This was the top priority among other things like account management site, EC bugs, finding an em for chessy? The list could of gone on for a long time.

She couldn't of had a minion go delete items and reset the naverey hole while she focused on bigger and better things? or is it because she isnt capable of doing anything more than resetting a hole in the game?
Keep in mind she is the Producer.. not a graphic artist... not a computer programmer.. but the Producer. The Producer is not responsible for coding the game but has the responsibility of assigning the order of importance of issues and how long an expected fix would take.. and weighing that against the output the team is able to do.. while keeping a vision for the game and hopefully be consistent with Ultima Lore while adding new content...

I mean.. if you want a huge Dev team like we had years ago that could knock out a lot more than they can now... then start putting friends in the game and increase the revenue, heck I have added 4 to the game in the last month and working on bringing a lot of the old vets back that used to play (the draw of a possibly free castle is a huge draw ;) )

Throwing her and the rest of the team in the pit of Hell every chance anyone in the Community sees fit is definitely not the way to increase productivity... Verbally bashing them ANY time they are in game or on forums is not a recipe for that either.... just makes them want to avoid the fanbase... I konw I never seek out the rude, crude, abrasive asshat co-worker at any break I get? In fact when I saw them walk up in the past I just walk the heck off.... Just my .02 ....

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
..oh... and the Navery Hole was not the reason she logged onto Atlantic. She logged on trying to catch the guy who had stuff on the Auction Safes.. while she was there I asked her to save the Navery Hole and a few others began asking/begging as well. She was already juggling a lot of things and took time out of an already busy schedule to accommodate a LARGE piece of Atlantic's fanbase..

it amazes me how people can flame her for customer service... smh

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
Keep in mind she is the Producer.. not a graphic artist... not a computer programmer.. but the Producer. The Producer is not responsible for coding the game but has the responsibility of assigning the order of importance of issues and how long an expected fix would take.. and weighing that against the output the team is able to do.. while keeping a vision for the game and hopefully be consistent with Ultima Lore while adding new content...

I mean.. if you want a huge Dev team like we had years ago that could knock out a lot more than they can now... then start putting friends in the game and increase the revenue, heck I have added 4 to the game in the last month and working on bringing a lot of the old vets back that used to play (the draw of a possibly free castle is a huge draw ;) )

Throwing her and the rest of the team in the pit of Hell every chance anyone in the Community sees fit is definitely not the way to increase productivity... Verbally bashing them ANY time they are in game or on forums is not a recipe for that either.... just makes them want to avoid the fanbase... I konw I never seek out the rude, crude, abrasive asshat co-worker at any break I get? In fact when I saw them walk up in the past I just walk the heck off.... Just my .02 ....

and BTW: a True leader or Owner or CEO or Manager or whatever, wouldnt mind in doing small Jobs or Crap Work for his or the company that He work for!!
That can show what kind of people you are dealing or working with... a person that dont mind doing "small things" to make sure that company keep going forward, instead the whole thing goes down!
to become a Manager you need to start from the ground and sometimes you need to do those ground work to make sure that will be done correctly!! just my 2 cents...

Last edited:

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you cant write code you do not need to be the producer of a video game. Look up a list of the top 100 hell 1000 video game producers. Every single one of them has a back ground in some sort of language. Dont forget your beloved producer started off as a game tester, even worse a volunteer game tester. As far as im concerned if she cant code she is a waste of a pay check and the game should hire someone that can so they can get more done. Leave the trash taking up to the lower level people like GMs who are supposed to be monitoring cheating and doing these sorts of things.

As far as her time and where she spends it? Great im glad she was trying to catch a cheater in the act. She should of done so and moved on. Instead she took out the trash, (deleted clops items etc) something a GM should have been doing while she moved on to managing a group of devs that are constantly in the weeds because she cant pull her own weight.

Not to mention she caused atl to go down and revert for an hour which you fail to recognize in your blind love for her producing talents.

The naverey hole should of gone down with clops. It is now a trophy for ATL and signifying that even through cheating certain shards can get what they want while others cant. Find the naverey hole on every shard i dare you to. Now ATL is even more special. The hole was a player item, and it should have gone down with the player that was caught cheating. just like every player item that was ever owned by a caught cheater.

Furthermore this sets up a precedent that Mesanna wont be able to live up to. I cant wait to hear the ATL has a permanent naverey hole why doesn't my shard comments.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
Lets see:
Video game producer Job Description:

Producers basically manage the relationship with the artist. They find the talent, work out product deals, get contracts signed, manage them, and bring them to their conclusion. The producers do most of the things that a product manager does. They don't do the marketing, which in some cases product managers do. They don't make decisions about packaging and merchandising, but they do get involved ... they're a little like book editors, a little bit like film producers, and a lot like product managers.

Responsibilities
An internal producer is heavily involved in the development of, usually, a single game. Responsibilities for this position vary from company to company, but in general, the person in this position has the following duties:

• Negotiating contracts, including licencing deals
    • Acting as a liaison between the development staff and the upper stakeholders (publisher or executive staff)
    • Developing and maintaining schedules and budgets
    • Ensuring timely delivery of deliverables (such as milestones)
    • Pitching game ideas to publishers
In short, the internal producer is ultimately responsible for timely delivery and final quality of the game.

For small games, the producer may interact directly with the programming and creative staff. For larger games, the producer will seek the assistance of the lead programmer, art lead, game designer and testing lead. While it is customary for the producer to meet with the entire development staff from time to time, for larger games, they will only meet with the leads on a regular basis to keep updated on the development status.[2] In smaller studios, a producer may fill any slack in the production team by doing the odd job of writing the game manual or producing game assets.[1]

For most games, the producer does not have a large role but does have some influence on the development of the video game design. While not a game designer, the producer has to weave the wishes of the publisher or upper management into the design. They usually seek the assistance of the game designer in this effort. So the final game design is a result the effort of the designer and some influence of the producer.

In general, the producer is not the "boss" of the people on the game development team, but the "boss" of the game. So while a programmer may answer to a programming director, where matters of the game are involved, they answer to the producer. Producers may issue reprimands or issue accolades, but usually the fate of the developer's employment is not in the hands of the producer. So while they may suggest termination or promotions of certain employees, the producer normally cannot fire or promote team members single-handedly.

Video game producer - Wikipedia

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you failed to mention the education portion of the wiki page you just looked up...

education.PNG

Not to mention my argument isnt what the job description of a producer is but rather that she is horrible at it. Her priorities are way off.

Furthermore a producer shouldnt be handling things in game but rather like your posts states managing the team. She wastes more time doing crap like today than actually managing her staff.

More so lets not forget that she was the one that hired clops and other staff members caught cheating in the first place.

Last edited:

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
You are asking way too much for the size of the "team"
Plus you kind forgot that they are dealing with a game that was "created" in 1998 and the "code" pass by the hands of God Know How many people (programmers) and as You mentioned before, the code is now sooooo complex that the more someone touch, more Bugs will for sure happens.
We ALL dont understand why you hate her so much, but it was said before, Mesanna will be the Last producer of UO... so the "people" that want to see her "fired" can rest assure, if Mesanna one day leave, rest assure that is the final days of UO.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ill leave this here for you. What is more of a priority.

Naverey hole/clops house or....

Account management site that was stated by her to be done with in a year over two years ago.
EC public looting corspes which she evidently cant reproduce even though everyone that plays EC has this problem
The Memory leak in CC that forces people to restart the program.
The EC crashing issue with spellbooks
Pets disappearing issue
the world wide publish set to come out soon
the multiboxing cheaters, afk resource scripters
The EM events using graphics that make people crash...

Those are just to list a few. Seems like a quality producer would of put the clops house aside and moved on to more important things. And if your argument is that she has other people working on those things or that she cant fix those things hear this.

IF she cant contribute to the coding of the game and help the devs that are in the weeds constantly with bugs, then wouldnt someone that can "produce" and code be a better fit for UO?

IT would be one thing if everything actualy worked and she was doing this stuff. But there are a ton of things that dont work and she out on atl fixing something that didnt need to be fixed.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ya know @Scribbles ... that I know of, I did not know you in game personally, but knew of you by your reputation so I do respect you based on that..

and I did wind up with a BOOK in response to you, but out of that respect I just deleted it all... so in holding with @AtlanticRealtor 's post above I will let Sgt. Hulka, the Big Toe himself speak for me...

francis.jpg

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya know @Scribbles ... that I know of, I did not know you in game personally, but knew of you by your reputation so I do respect you based on that..

and I did wind up with a BOOK in response to you, but out of that respect I just deleted it all... so in holding with @AtlanticRealtor 's post above I will let Sgt. Hulka, the Big Toe himself speak for me...

View attachment 70717
No reason to lose respect for each other in a debate as long as its intelligent. :)

you happen to have icq? I can better demonstrate what im talking about there. :)

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ill leave this here for you. What is more of a priority.

Naverey hole/clops house or....

Account management site that was stated by her to be done with in a year over two years ago.
EC public looting corspes which she evidently cant reproduce even though everyone that plays EC has this problem
The Memory leak in CC that forces people to restart the program.
The EC crashing issue with spellbooks
Pets disappearing issue
the world wide publish set to come out soon
the multiboxing cheaters, afk resource scripters
The EM events using graphics that make people crash...
It is proven that people were not designed to multitask. Pick an objective and do it.

If you train pets, this is huge. Navrey has players all day long on LS. There will be many happy consumers as a result of this action. She cant fix any of the other issues you mentioned. Except to tell the EMs not to do that effect, but maybe they have no other option as of now.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is proven that people were not designed to multitask. Pick an objective and do it.

If you train pets, this is huge. Navrey has players all day long on LS. There will be many happy consumers as a result of this action. She cant fix any of the other issues you mentioned. Except to tell the EMs not to do that effect, but maybe they have no other option as of now.
every shard doesnt have a naverey hole that is permanently installed. ATL is now even more special than it was before. All the other shard tamers can go to naverey just fine by playing the game through normal means. She just set a precedent she will not be able to uphold when it comes helping shards/players. The naverey hole was a player item. In every instance before hand if a player was caught cheating and their accounts/houses were deleted all the items went too. She just memorialized clops infamous reign by putting that hole permanently at reward hall. Something she has stated several times she didnt want to do.

If she cant fix any the problems i listed on her own or she cant manage her staff to do so in a timely manner then she doesnt need to be producer.

Im not doubting mesannas passion for the game or the fact that she really does want to help. The doubts i have are in her abilities to either manage a team effectively or code herself.

Last edited:

Innessa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks Messanna, its appreciated. My only two cents is it should have been left in Ter Mur. This is the underworld after all.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Until Mesanna stops multi-boxers that are farming legendaries at Abcess in felucca on small shards, I will forever be a part of the "hate Mesanna" fan club. Btw... thanks for destroying crafting making it useless and making the game a grind! And destroying the phoenix... priceless. If Mesanna wanted to stop people like Idoc man or try to fix some of the problems... she could start by making an "Idoc search" so that everyone could search/go get rich and buy decorations... instead of make $$$.

I should show you the leet person who brings in "Ed, Eddy, Eddie, Edward, and 8 other bots" to multi-bot at events on the Japanese shards and such. The Japanese know who it is on Atlantic... everyone does. Yet Mesanna doesn't have a clue, doesn't care, and laughs that we should "win any way we want to win." I would link to the Japanese forums if I didn't think I would get in trouble; because they definitely know and state who it is.......

Last edited:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fyi, npc vendors on production shards respawn their goods like clockwork, on Siege however they don't. I paged many times to no avail and emailed several times, all I got was an email from her saying it was working as intended. So congratulations on getting yet another personal thing fixed, it's really really cool, and you're all very very fortunate.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I will forever be a part of the "hate Mesanna" fan club.
With all the negativity in the world today, if you're finding hatred in your heart from playing a video game, I would kindly suggest you move onto other past times. It will probably reduce your stress and lengthen your life.

There is a difference with valuable critique and just espousing negativity for the purpose of being a griefer. I'm not saying the developers are above criticism by any means what so ever, but there is no need for hate here on these forums.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fyi, npc vendors on production shards respawn their goods like clockwork, on Siege however they don't. I paged many times to no avail and emailed several times, all I got was an email from her saying it was working as intended. So congratulations on getting yet another personal thing fixed, it's really really cool, and you're all very very fortunate.
It would be so easy to fix this game... to make it enjoyable for all.
1. Make an Idoc-search. (Will stop a lot of cheating instantly with cutting Idoc man's funding and more paging on bots.)
2. Change back the phoenix.
3. Stop multi-boxers/cheaters. (Easy to identify... watch auctions and auction safes and "care," instead of saying to win any way you want and that they like 'more accounts.')
4. Let us have transfers once a month for free [shard shield holders can go every day...]
5. Let us have 2-3 houses per account so the shards fill back up / housing market comes back....
6. Let us imbue 12 property items now.... so blacksmithing/tailoring is useful again..... and us suit makers can make suits instead of "buying them."
7. Fix tiny bugs like the seadragon at that seamarket on the one shard or the resources on Seige you mention @GarthGrey. The bugs should be of top priority. Stabilize the game that is there before adding more... We don't need more land to spread out the population.... unless you are going to allow housing and 2-3 houses per account. Then we still really don't need to spread out the population more... I like to see my neighbors sometimes..

I love Ultima and want to see Mesanna succeed. I want to see the contract renewed and the Halloween skeleton event go off like a hitch and hope to see tons of people returning in October and December. But come on now... show us it's not all about the money. Let us have extra houses, idoc searches, and free once a month shard xfers for the 20th. Fix blacksmithing/tailoring by changing the property limit now that there are 19 property items floating about. Those are all super easy. Better yet, give us 20x20 customizable houses to boot. Play to the player base... and bring excitement. Bring commitment... to stop cheaters and people who are ruining the game scripting resources / EM items with 10 accounts xhealing. Who else can do those? @Mesanna

I would have let the Navery hole burn personally... because now it's a trophy to Clops' memory. Thanks Clops' for driving the prices sky high and making tons of people rich for 4-5 years with things like fake uniques and glacial cloth.... But that aside, there are things that could be done to save and fix this game. The animal taming patch was good. Now can we start working on the "list" please?? I realize this is just my list... but I think most would agree that this list would definitely bring people back to the game. Nothing screams excitement like decorating a 2nd or 3rd house, even if it's tiny (aka bring back the housing market by allowing us all to have 2-3 houses and fill up the shards.) Give us Idoc searches so we don't have to waste time walking/running the shard if we ever do those (haven't in 9-10 months now to date.) Idoc man takes care of all loot sells now; I hear he's feeding his family well.......

Last edited:

Innessa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
With all the negativity in the world today, if you're finding hatred in your heart from playing a video game, I would kindly suggest you move onto other past times. It will probably reduce your stress and lengthen your life.

There is a difference with valuable critique and just espousing negativity for the purpose of being a griefer. I'm not saying the developers are above criticism by any means what so ever, but there is no need for hate here on these forums.
Agreed. It's a game people. Keep it in perspective.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Hard not to when we are ignored at every meet and greet and they say cheating is ok. This is my game as much as everyone else's....

Summoned

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't worry, after she did that ATL didn't go down for 16 minutes and then have an hour revert... wait a minute... it did.

She couldn't of had a minion go delete items and reset the naverey hole while she focused on bigger and better things? or is it because she isn't capable of doing anything more than resetting a hole in the game?

If I was the manager of a restaurant You wouldn't catch me taking out the trash. Id probably be counting money while i sent an employee to do the crap work.
Well you have made it clear you will never own a restaurant.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
This is my game as much as everyone else's....
Fair enough, but in that same respect... so are these public forums.

If you want to create a separate thread on the topic of your overall grievances toward the developers, then go ahead and do so, but please do not derail this further off topic.

EDIT:
That also applies to the others engaging in the personal swipes. Let's just take the temperature down a bit here, folks.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well you have made it clear you will never own a restaurant.
funny I managed a couple right after college. My food cost was near perfect, extremely low turn over, my books were never off, I never over ordered, and I love managing a group of people. The reason why? I could do everyone's job and had no problem teaching them how to do it.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
..oh... and the Navery Hole was not the reason she logged onto Atlantic. She logged on trying to catch the guy who had stuff on the Auction Safes.. while she was there I asked her to save the Navery Hole and a few others began asking/begging as well. She was already juggling a lot of things and took time out of an already busy schedule to accommodate a LARGE piece of Atlantic's fanbase..

Gee, that's great. Now if she only knew how to treat ALL shards fairly...but she doesn't.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It would be so easy to fix this game... to make it enjoyable for all.
1. Make an Idoc-search. (Will stop a lot of cheating instantly with cutting Idoc man's funding and more paging on bots.)
2. Change back the phoenix.
3. Stop multi-boxers/cheaters. (Easy to identify... watch auctions and auction safes and "care," instead of saying to win any way you want and that they like 'more accounts.')
4. Let us have transfers once a month for free [shard shield holders can go every day...]
5. Let us have 2-3 houses per account so the shards fill back up / housing market comes back....
6. Let us imbue 12 property items now.... so blacksmithing/tailoring is useful again..... and us suit makers can make suits instead of "buying them."
7. Fix tiny bugs like the seadragon at that seamarket on the one shard or the resources on Seige you mention @GarthGrey. The bugs should be of top priority. Stabilize the game that is there before adding more... We don't need more land to spread out the population.... unless you are going to allow housing and 2-3 houses per account. Then we still really don't need to spread out the population more... I like to see my neighbors sometimes..

I love Ultima and want to see Mesanna succeed. I want to see the contract renewed and the Halloween skeleton event go off like a hitch and hope to see tons of people returning in October and December. But come on now... show us it's not all about the money. Let us have extra houses, idoc searches, and free once a month shard xfers for the 20th. Fix blacksmithing/tailoring by changing the property limit now that there are 19 property items floating about. Those are all super easy. Better yet, give us 20x20 customizable houses to boot. Play to the player base... and bring excitement. Bring commitment... to stop cheaters and people who are ruining the game scripting resources / EM items with 10 accounts xhealing. Who else can do those? @Mesanna

I would have let the Navery hole burn personally... because now it's a trophy to Clops' memory. Thanks Clops' for driving the prices sky high and making tons of people rich for 4-5 years with things like fake uniques and glacial cloth.... But that aside, there are things that could be done to save and fix this game. The animal taming patch was good. Now can we start working on the "list" please?? I realize this is just my list... but I think most would agree that this list would definitely bring people back to the game. Nothing screams excitement like decorating a 2nd or 3rd house, even if it's tiny (aka bring back the housing market by allowing us all to have 2-3 houses and fill up the shards.) Give us Idoc searches so we don't have to waste time walking/running the shard if we ever do those (haven't in 9-10 months now to date.) Idoc man takes care of all loot sells now; I hear he's feeding his family well.......
8. Make non-Sampire fully trained melee templates at least as tough as fully trained pets in average gear.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Request to EMs of shards without public Navrey Hole, please design an event with a "community drop" reward... i.e., access to a NH.

Last edited:

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

View attachment 70717
Classic quote and classic movie, this made my morning to see this :p

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't believe this thread is 4 pages long already.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The item should have been deleted, it came from the worst possible source and by accepting it into the game world we, collectively, have said "this one item" is ok.....and the next item is?

Anyways, I wanted to inquire about this "finding the guy selling stuff". Does this imply that the team has created a way to sell otherwise illegal items with no downside? I must admit that I don't know anything about this person, what they are selling or where it might be yet it sounds fishy to me...

NM found the info on another thread....just delete it all.

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Anyways, I wanted to inquire about this "finding the guy selling stuff". Does this imply that the team has created a way to sell otherwise illegal items with no downside? I must admit that I don't know anything about this person, what they are selling or where it might be yet it sounds fishy to me...

NM found the info on another thread....just delete it all.
Oddly enough I was able to figure out who the person she was getting the stuff for and I am not gonna "out him"... but he is a legit guy and has one of the better reps in the game imho. I am sure if Mesanna would have went to get this persons items and it was something like a glacial ethy or anything else illegal she would have told him to stick it the item was going in trash ;)

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I took awhile to respond to this....

While I think it's wonderful that Atlantic now has a permanent gate to Navery...no other shard does....and I think that's unfair.

I think what Mesanna should do is give EVERY shard one....why single out one shard? Don't we ALL deserve something special??

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
The point is, no matter what she does, people get Mad and this is getting tired!
She decide to do something "Nice" and save 1 item for the shard and all of sudden it is unfair to the world.
You folks forget things so easy, it will be times again that we will not get ANY FREE GIFT's like last year and than people will realize and think before complain about the FREE things that you are getting in the 1st place!
One day she will stop giving ANYTHING to ANY shard and than what...
I agree it is Not her Job to give or help anyone...as most of you people complain, she is just the PRODUCER of the game...and than people pancake about, when she decide on her own time to come and help an EM at event, help something for the shard X or Z and Instead of people appreciate the little things, no people only see the negative part of the actions!! Just my 2 cents

Last edited:

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And what's the downside of her not playing this "flavor of the week" stuff? Can you only imagine the game had she not spent days painting masks or other silly crap and instead worked at creating new blood? You can't even find a "how to play" guide on the main UO site, how sad.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
And what's the downside of her not playing this "flavor of the week" stuff? Can you only imagine the game had she not spent days painting masks or other silly crap and instead worked at creating new blood? You can't even find a "how to play" guide on the main UO site, how sad.
Actually there is one..in the wiki

howtoo.jpg

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
And I'm not really complaining ATL.....but in the begining EVERY shard had a Navery Hole....but they were deemed illegal to own and the people who had them were asked to turn them in....so the honest people who did that got screwed and the dishonest people who didn't listen got rewarded....see my point???

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
I agree, the game is not even near to be perfect, but same time, when you have 99% of the posts here, only pancakes about this and that and only complaining and than more complains, gets tired and the people that work for the game eventually will get tired as well and quit, and than what, what game you will play???? when UO shuts down???
The few people that complain a lot about her and say that they can do a better job as programmer, I will ask you this:
Last year they had Open positions for programmers, why dont you apply???? and maybe you can help solve all the problems that you sure know have a better way to fix!!!

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree, the game is not even near to be perfect, but same time, when you have 99% of the posts here, only pancakes about this and that and only complaining and than more complains, gets tired and the people that work for the game eventually will get tired as well and quit, and than what, what game you will play???? when UO shuts down???
The few people that complain a lot about her and say that they can do a better job as programmer, I will ask you this:
Last year they had Open positions for programmers, why dont you apply???? and maybe you can help solve all the problems that you sure know have a better way to fix!!!
There are plenty of programmers out there with the knowledge and workings of UO. If the devs are tired let them quit, If mesanna is burnt let her retire. God knows they have worked hard for long enough. I cant link certain things here but i promise you there are far superior people out there that can work on UO and have been doing it with less resources better for years.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because you had to move to Texas USA and there is no way i'm moving there for the money they were offering.
I could earn more doing Data input in the UK.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Larisa while you do agree the saving was a good move you want her to make more and for all.....
I am about to put my devil's advocate hat on...
Captn N grit your teeth hun im about to say something that has needed to be said for a long time so if I step off the path forgive me they need this more then the rules of conduct.
For those of you who don't like long winded posts read it anyway...
1. This item should not exsist period.
Had this been any other LP it would have been instant destroyed and the houses and anything no matter who it belonged to lost to the Dev's hand who deleted it. They would not even listen to one request.. it was not meant to be in game perma.
You all know this as fact if you have been in UO for the most part before Mesanna was named LP.
She should have set the house ablaze and the lots not useable period. She still can if you all keep this garbage up.
The fact one does and it was begged like mad to the lady in charge to save it comes to mind.
The things this producer has done to help and keep you all happy has not slipped my notice.
Mesanna has bent over backwards, inside out and upside down to get you all a better game and all I hear is complaints.
The few pats on the back and a well done are so few...
I am ashamed of you.
You all agree that the things Clops took, bought with ill gotten gains, created with gain in mind, and so forth.. are not up for gifting out.
I got wind of something i was super angry about... Rumor has it many e mails went in with phony claims on things in clops house's.
For those of you who do not know of how things in a computer coding works.. everything is traceable.
It just takes a bit of time to back track an item. Shame on you.
I have asked if some could be used as deco at the EM hall as some was event items.
I regret I asked her for that, she should destroy it all as a sign that it will not be tolerated.
I am sorry you all feel "Save them" is an option.
Now the lady does "SAVE" one of them you all jump down her throat.
She instead of putting a torch to the houses of Clops she figures she would make a gift of them to some random player(s).
What does she get?
A Major headache in the inept of people to read common English.
I have seen each post for clairification of every word....
READ IT
if it says a red shoe on the left foot how do you get a pair of loafers in vermilion leather??
This is how your sounding.
Stupid

I would not blame her one iota If she just tossed her hands up and walked off... Your all a bunch of ungratefull children no matter your age!
One or two of you who shall remain nameless has had a stake and hammer for her heart for the last few years and its getting old... knock it off.
Who died and made you Lead Producer?
Answer : No one
Your a plain old player with grandure delusions that you can influence the game more then any other.. GET A GRIP.
You have no powers in this area and don't come off with you paid for this game and have rights... READ THE TOS
You rent use of this game with limited rights as to its content.
The game reps (psst: that's Mesanna btw) can and could at any time wipe you out and stop any return to said game.
If you don't like how the game is run all I got to say is: QUIT... GET LOST... BEAT IT...
I am so bloody tired of the mouth and attitude in this group of gimme gimmie its not funny.

Your never satisfied.
You have no reguards for the feelings of the one person you should be bending a knee to for keeping this game alive this long.

What part of She is the LAST ABSOLUTE LAST LEAD PRODUCER UO WILL HAVE?????
Sorry for yelling its all you seem to see.
I have played this game for over 20 years ...
The dev teams of the past were by no means this kind to the players..

For once in your life sit back and look at how you come off in your posts ...
How would this type of attitude be taken at work ?
Would your family like how you have talked in your posts to them?
Could you see yourself talking this way to your religious person you see at services?

Mesanna is a real person with feelings and a great heart for the players of UO.
You may not like all she does but she has made many happy, she has been quiet and I know how it feels to have so many things on ones plate to do.

To the mods of stratics forgive my strait forward post things are getting out of hand and this needed to be addressed.
Lady Storm
Beta player