• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

@Mesana @kyronics : Is it about time? Non PK Pet advancements..

Pet Scroll advancements to come with non-PVP content? About time?

• a > YES! Add means to enable players to get pet skill advancements not requiring PVP/PK.

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • b > NO! Leave things as they are, allow Tamers to get PK'ed while doing Fel spawns!

Votes: 26 53.1%
  • c > Leave PS for player chars as PVP related, but ADD PET-Specific non-PVP requiring advancements.

Votes: 7 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
No..PS's significance has not been in the game for 16 years! It has been only for 1.5 years or so, since the taming revamp. And it has been a much more painful problem than ever, ever since the revamp. Got tp state the facts.
Ya I'm out this thread. It's the twilight zone. GL, I'm going enjoy playing. If you can't I feel bad that you're on a non official message board complaining about a game you don't like. YOLOOOOOOO

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
ITs not a opinion its a fact, this game is designed this way, if it wasn't it wouldn't be called UO. IF you don't like the mechanics of the game then don't play it. Its not going away ever. Hence all your opinions on how everyone should play your way is false.
DC, I dont think you are a PKer. You are a PVPer. You of all PVP folks should see his point a little. The recent "mechanics" put in place by the Devs were a mistake. Don't praise a mistake or encourage it to go on. We have TONS of other mistakes. Remember the Ethereal Skin pets tamed a number of years ago, now selling at 50 Plat? Just one of them. Today, its the pet revamp stuff with the Pk-PS for pets. Try to see WHAT he is saying. He is not advertising his play-style. He is just stating facts that affected him, and possibly lots of others. Also it does not sound like he is trying to preach on how to play the game. Also what he is saying does not seem to be false. Also others said that he come here trying to convince others to quit. Also does not look like it either. Sounds that he loves the game, and he will come back if some things change.
Also what YOU say is not 100% correct, respectfully. The PS and related PK for them was not designed from the beginning this way, with PS demand for pets being so high. Face the facts : Intended or unintended, it all started 1.5 years ago with the taming revamp. It WAS a mistake by the Devs. Keep focused and see all the facts, from everyone's perspectives, not just the PVP, or even worse the PK folk. ITS A NEW TWIST IN THE GAME, AND IT IS A MISTAKE, i n most people's opinion. Its one more UO bug..lol. Accept it, and go on, or accept it and make some recommendations to amend this mess, or "situation", LMAO.:hahaha:

Ikeelu

Visitor
Celticus is correct. This problem came with the taming revamp. Tamers want to have maxxed out pets that cant even be used in pvp mind you. Who in their right mind thought it was a good idea? I mean maybe if it wasn’t like the same damn 9 scrolls. I love that due to retardation a pet can’t get over 100 poison because a scroll doesn’t exist. I would have been happy to come back to nothing. At least high seas was such garbage I didn’t even notice it back in ‘14 but this ToL well they pretty much shoved that down our throats.

I’m could play their way tho, 3 accounts open. The samp, the prot tamer, and the you’re f’d lp ds ninja that ill just keep hidden. Best part is i can script heal fight a champ boss so ill just chase these clowns on the ninja while i afk kill the boss.

Bummer it comes to that huh?

All you trolls miss the point. I WANT TO FARM PET SCROLLS IN PEACE. You just want to grief. I have over a plat worth of **** I could sell to buy scrolls. I just want to farm them in peace. I have a **** ton of other scrolls i could flood Atl with too but i dont want the money I just want to level a pet, in peace.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is it just me or are tamers some of the meanest and depressed people? I honestly feel bad for you peeps. The way you speak for what pvp'rs want and enjoy is also pretty lame.

Thank a pvp'r for the 120 skills you have now and whatever 120 skills you have on your pets. We did that for you.

If you make pvp pointless, which is what you're wanting, then the pvp side of the game will go away. No one will buy the stupid 1/3 15/15 rings/braces that your cu harvested killing roof munsters.

A Cat

Visitor
Bruh, help your peeps out then. 60 minutes for a spawn is ridiculous.
I was building a new character. I was trying to enjoy my tamer with the new rules. Sorry I don't have all the end game gear and maxed everything. It was taking me 60 mins to an hour and a half. That's where I was at. Could I make a better scroll farmer? Sure, but I don't want to play the game that way. I wanted to play the new taming system, but was stuck farming those scrolls. I'm a troll though.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Is it just me or are tamers some of the meanest and depressed people? I honestly feel bad for you peeps. The way you speak for what pvp'rs want and enjoy is also pretty lame.

Thank a pvp'r for the 120 skills you have now and whatever 120 skills you have on your pets. We did that for you.

If you make pvp pointless, which is what you're wanting, then the pvp side of the game will go away. No one will buy the stupid 1/3 15/15 rings/braces that your cu harvested killing roof munsters.
Respectfully, they are not knocking PvP. I guess they are talking about PK? Read between the lines a little.
PVP is awesome, has been here for years and it will never die. PK is the problem, a different story and ethic.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think a lot of people who enjoy playing tamers are tired of spending ridiculous amounts of gold on power scrolls.

So let your wallet do the talking. No more need to buy pet bonds, chromatic fortune, pet branding tools for the tamer themselves.

And no more need to buy store items to sell for gold to the player base to get gold to buy said power scrolls.

Maybe go play another char for awhile until the devs get this figured out.

I myself am mostly playing a mage type or archer with no pets now because by the time I figured out exactly how I want
my pets to be, my funds ran too low to scroll any more of them.

Sucks not having that meat shield, but hey, I don't have to buy 150 million worth of scrolls for each type of
encounter I want to excel at. Hmmm, stone on mystic, necro, spellweaving, wrestling or anat, poison,
resist, ninjitsu, bard skills, archery, etc etc.

So yeah, I am going to boycott power scrolls for now. Not throwing anymore gold or real money into making more pets.

Feel bad for any new/returning players who just want the sought after scrolls for their one character.
Glad my archer already has a 120 tactics from long ago.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I think a lot of people who enjoy playing tamers are tired of spending ridiculous amounts of gold on power scrolls.

So let your wallet do the talking. No more need to buy pet bonds, chromatic fortune, pet branding tools for the tamer themselves.

And no more need to buy store items to sell for gold to the player base to get gold to buy said power scrolls.

Maybe go play another char for awhile until the devs get this figured out.

I myself am mostly playing a mage type or archer with no pets now because by the time I figured out exactly how I want
my pets to be, my funds ran too low to scroll any more of them.

Sucks not having that meat shield, but hey, I don't have to buy 150 million worth of scrolls for each type of
encounter I want to excel at. Hmmm, stone on mystic, necro, spellweaving, wrestling or anat, poison,
resist, ninjitsu, bard skills, archery, etc etc.

So yeah, I am going to boycott power scrolls for now. Not throwing anymore gold or real money into making more pets.

Feel bad for any new/returning players who just want the sought after scrolls for their one character.
Glad my archer already has a 120 tactics from long ago.
Yep..The success of the "taming revamp". You speaking the truth sire.:facepalm:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I dont know how I have at least 40 pets with scrolls if scrolls are this hard to get..

My book with just pet scrolls. Less than 30 120s.

upload_2019-2-3_15-54-53.png

Maybe I have all the scrolls. Thats why yall cant find any...

That horse wants to eat some.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I dont know how I have at least 40 pets with scrolls if scrolls are this hard to get..

View attachment 93069

That horse wants to eat some.
I am impressed Pawain. But not everyone is that lucky, rich, or play on a low pop shard with a big guild and a lot of time on their hands.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am impressed Pawain. But not everyone is that lucky, rich, or play on a low pop shard with a big guild and a lot of time on their hands.
Exactly. The game mechanics are fine. You spent time in the areas that YOU like to play. We do not need to change the 21 year old game because some can play more hours than others.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

You never did squat for me. So hush... I never am going to spend that kind of gold for a PS... something I should be able to get just with time...

And if PvP were such a wonderful thing and you guys really did enjoy actually fighting an opponent that could actually defend themselves and make a good fight... then tell me this..... Why aren't the arena's in use 24/7? Why is Siege so dead?

No PvPers don't actually want to actually fight anything that might actually fight back and kill them.... they just want the easy pickings of killing off any NON-PvPer who comes to fel to get scrolls... THAT is 100% obvious.

Don't patronize me... PvP pointless? It is isn't it??? I mean when you get right down to it the only reason for PvP is ruining the gameplay of others who don't speed hack, don't use illegal 3rd party programs and are in fel trying to get something for themselves so they don't have pay ridiculous prices to those who prevent anyone else from doing spawns. Seems to me that it's just completely backwards and wrong...

And then the DEVs wonder why no one is doing content? Get bored and quit because they can't compete... Can't do Doom anymore unless you use top end gear and a sampire, can't train pets anymore without scrolls you can't get without opening yourself up to griefing... changed the roof so it's much harder and most don't want to do it... made most everything else in the game either not worth doing or the most boring grind ever to the point your bored to tears and spend far more time than it's worth to get a snowballs chance in hades to get the item you need/want... changed Blackthorns so that only scripters seem capable of doing much down there without getting sent to jail...

and they wonder why people quit.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm all for tram/ilsh getting 105's, 110's possibly 115's or just Turtle getting all even 120s. Making pet specific scrolls would be a disaster.

Coming on here bashing the playstyle of countless people isn't the way to get cooperation though. PvP isn't the problem. PKs are. Those pardons you trams are so eager to sell only encourage the pk playstyle.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Exactly. The game mechanics are fine. You spent time in the areas that YOU like to play. We do not need to change the 21 year old game because some can play more hours than others.
@Pawain it would be nice to get some PS 120's -for pets- without selling your soul thogh? Right? 15-20 years ago there was no massive need for pet revamp PS? Of all people you can see this, I reckon..Today's "mechanics" are and experiment, an accident, poor calculation, something similar to the ethy-skinned pets back when, and lots of other thoughtless items we find here and there.
And the mechanics are not posted right off to the people that get BAITED to come and play the new taming revamp system. To be made fair the BAIT should say "New and enhanced taming system, but to fully enhance your pets, it will take you years of grinding high level content, get superior gear/armor, and go to Fel to contest PK's to get 110's to enhance your pets or go to RMT sites and obtain PS". That would have been more fair to the new folk, likely. But..as we said before, Dev ears have waxy build up, and I doubt if they play the game at all, even for testing..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
@Pawain it would be nice to get some PS 120's -for pets- without selling your soul thogh? Right? 15-20 years ago there was no massive need for pet revamp PS? Of all people you can see this, I reckon..Today's "mechanics" are and experiment, an accident, poor calculation, something similar to the ethy-skinned pets back when, and lots of other thoughtless items we find here and there.
And the mechanics are not posted right off to the people that get BAITED to come and play the new taming revamp system. To be made fair the BAIT should say "New and enhanced taming system, but to fully enhance your pets, it will take you years of grinding high level content, get superior gear/armor, and go to Fel to contest PK's to get 110's to enhance your pets or go to RMT sites and obtain PS". That would have been more fair to the new folk, likely. But..as we said before, Dev ears have waxy build up, and I doubt if they play the game at all, even for testing..
So the present play mechanics and PK for PS are **very well protected**. So are all the bugs and nuisances of uo. Ear wax does miracles protecting the status quo. Nothing will change.
And do we dare discuss these items in the "uo forum". No way..

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

View attachment 93069

Or maybe, it's because you made friends with PKs on your shard and bribe them with tames? Your own admission IIRC. Not everyone is in this position.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or maybe, it's because you made friends with PKs on your shard and bribe them with tames? Your own admission IIRC. Not everyone is in this position.
Yes I sold them some pets. And they did not kill us. They left a while back. Maybe beginning of Summer. I see them at Gov meetings. I asked both guild leaders where they would be for Khal. Both said they went to Great lakes because there were fewer players there. So we had Khal to ourselves in Fel. Except when Great DC or Cossack was on. (there were a couple of BSR members on but they were friendly and did both Khal spawns with us.)

I do advise talking to the guild leaders. They have members that like to PvM also. Sell them pets, help build them pets and if you get PKed by a member. Tell the leader and he will replace scrolls you lost. But we do a lot of spawns that the PKs would die at so I have yet to see anyone at a spawn that was not friendly and glad we helped them. I have lost that income since they left. The last time I saw a red at a spawn was maybe June 2017. I hear them about once a month in chat. Instead of death raging you should ask them what guild they are in and drop the leaders name and tell them you have a deal with the leader(whether you do or not). You may get to keep that 110 mace scroll you had. But most rage in chat.

But just was looking on Atlantic. A set of 115 scrolls is 36.2 M for everything but the magic.
For 110s it is 6.8 M for all but magic. This is end of weekend so the expensive ones are the ones that were not bought yet.

You could outfit a Giant or Fire beetle, Naj or other non magic pet for 6.8M right now.

The Chiv scrolls all sold this weekend except the expensive ones. Usually those are 3 to 5M.

I find it much easier to get scrolls by selling other drops or pets. Can sell well built Cus with 110 scrolls for 60M each. ~50M profit. Can sell a tangle for 15M pretty fast. Thats a 110 pet with a 120 chiv scroll.

I find it a lot easier to sell Tangles to get scrolls than to do spawns. I rarely get any thing over 110 in a pet scroll.
I have 0 luck but get a Tangle often enough.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was building a new character. I was trying to enjoy my tamer with the new rules. Sorry I don't have all the end game gear and maxed everything. It was taking me 60 mins to an hour and a half. That's where I was at. Could I make a better scroll farmer? Sure, but I don't want to play the game that way. I wanted to play the new taming system, but was stuck farming those scrolls. I'm a troll though.
If you're using a tamer to do champ spawns, it's nobody's damn fault but your own...and I have to ask why you're doing it. When I first returned to UO back in 2014, I did a t2a Barracoon solo with my tamer and a GD. Do you know how long it took? Over an hour. If I use a Sampire or a necro/weaving mage (I can even dual client), I can finish several in that time. Even more so if I'm in a group - 2 necro/weavers and a sampire can do a Despise spawn in less than 10 minutes.

If you're not using the most efficient templates for whatever, why are you complaining? When I was last on LS, everyone there played a tamer. At one point, they brought all of their pets down to Doom, when me/two guildmates were farming it on our dexers/tamers (for the Fleshrenderers) and killing EVERYTHING quickly. Even the Dark Fathers. We had our system down pat, but the tamers, who refused to listen, died over and over (as did their pets.) The DFs eventually went down, but it took far too long given the # of people. Had they listened, it would have gone a lot smoother.

It's the same for Shadowguard before the devs "fixed" that. Could I have used my sampire? Yes. Of course. But it was far less of a headache to use tamers there. And ultimately didn't really take too much more time than doing it with dexers, given the way some of the rooms were.

New Yes I sold them some pets. And they did not kill us. They left a while back. Maybe beginning of Summer. I see them at Gov meetings. I asked both guild leaders where they would be for Khal. Both said they went to Great lakes because there were fewer players there. So we had Khal to ourselves in Fel. Except when Great DC or Cossack was on. (there were a couple of BSR members on but they were friendly and did both Khal spawns with us.)
I know I've been inactive for a while, but when did you guys do the Khaldun Fel spawn while Halloween was active? I know we were running it and killing anyone that came in ;)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know I've been inactive for a while, but when did you guys do the Khaldun Fel spawn while Halloween was active? I know we were running it and killing anyone that came in ;)
OMG I name drop you and you appear in an instant! We had that friendly BSR member scout for us and tell us if yall were there. :) I cant recall her name but she is a melee toon that rode a swampy. I miss her, she was fun. The only memorable shard bound scroll I got was a 120 chiv. My dog ate it immediately.

Oh ya and we could tell if you were there because you and Ant would be in chat raging at each other. hehe

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I do Barracoon all the time. Solo on Sampire. Its fun. When Pks show up I leave always. But sometimes they actually help to get PS, as "protectors" depending on their whim at that time. Got tons of PS, that I will not use yet. Waiting for some other mistakes to be fixed yet, like magery and necro training point weights to be adjusted as they SHOULD be.
Racketeering, I have not given into. Don't think I will. Have not asked any help from the "mob" in RL, and will not do so in fantasy land.
Taming revamp is not complete without changes proposed here. Games evolve. So do people's ideas about a game and mechanics. Mistakes and errors in judgement by the Devs do happen, they are correctable.
This game needs to evolve past the 15-20 years ago for THIS aspect. Or more and more people will be unhappy. We don't want people to be this unhappy. We want them to stay. We want MORE subs. Happy customers bring MORE people in by word of mouth.
Let the good "Doctor" Crossack and the DC Pk'ers quench their thirst for blood in Fel or elsewhere, but create "mechanics" for poor souls that subscribe, after they have been BAITED for the pet revamp, that would allow them to get their OWN pet advancement items WITHOUT need to get PK'ed on their sampire or other toon, and without kissing up to the mob..I reckon..:eek:
EVOLVE and see PAST your nose for a change DEvs! **Whahh! what did you say!**, " I think you said something?** Ears completely blocked with wax. No hope..Pointless talk..;)
Maybe the PK's are doing a social function in their mind..They are screwing this game royally, just to spite the Dev mistakes and everyone else..They be bringing the end faster..

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I used to be against all of PK and PvP. But early last year, LS was very busy with 2 big guilds and the ones like Cossack is in. They were having sooo much fun in chat that I could not continue to be against them having fun.
They were fighting each other and we were doing our own spawns in T2A. So we co existed just fine.

Cossack did give us some friendly advice in Doom that night. He was there first. We started with 10 tamers, had to take 2 boats, by the end it was just 3. Took forever to kill the 3 DFs. We just wouldn't follow his friendly advise.

Racketeering, I have not given into. Don't think I will. Have not asked any help from the "mob" in RL, and will not do so in fantasy land.
That's a little overboard. They play their style. The game mechanics allow that and has always. The players on LS that want to do spawns do them whenever they want to. There's so many to choose from.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just have to say what's the point of working on pets and building them up if every time I want to do some content in UO I am forced to get on a Sampire????

If I wanted to play a Sampire I would.... but I don't... and HOOTY For you that you can go do all these things on your sampire... but my experience with them is only one of frustration and irritation... frequently my sampire quits hitting anything at all for some reason or is targetting something 1/2 way across screen while 15 things are hitting on her... even with my macro telling it to target the nearest hostile... Or she swings WW 4 to 5 times in a row and hits NOTHING.... time and time again... all that happens is I die.

I hate playing the Sampire.... have no desire to play the sampire.... and if you have to play something that isn't "FUN" for you and just causes you to be irritated then why play it at all.....

Taming gives me joy... working up pets gives me joy... seeing my pets perform makes me happy.... not having scrolls for working them up... kills the joy and fun... the thought of paying that much gold and having to go to Atl to get it.... just disgusts me.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I never had a Sampire yet I have 2 stables full of finished pets. Pets are quite a step up from my melee toons or my old mage. And my Archer tamer is way better than my Archer bard.

They did enough damage to pets with nerfs. I dont want them near them any more.

PageBoy

Journeyman
Respectfully, they are not knocking PvP. I guess they are talking about PK? Read between the lines a little.
PVP is awesome, has been here for years and it will never die. PK is the problem, a different story and ethic.
Pk is a feature of the game, if you don’t like it stay away from Fel. You can buy ps farming gold playing brainless contents like shadowguard. Or go play yet another boring modern mmo

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I personally don'd mind the PK too much. As said, I personally go to Fel spawns all the time, when not taming, spawning etc. But other people, LOTS of people do mind it, enough to just not play, or even get really upset with the taming BAIT to the game and leave, it looks like.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let the good "Doctor" Crossack and the DC Pk'ers quench their thirst for blood in Fel or elsewhere, but create "mechanics" for poor souls that subscribe, after they have been BAITED for the pet revamp, that would allow them to get their OWN pet advancement items WITHOUT need to get PK'ed on their sampire or other toon, and without kissing up to the mob..I reckon..:eek:
You seem to be misunderstanding something. Not all of the pvp'ers are going to go out of their way to kill Trammies - I am one of them. Do I do it? Yes. But I have to be in the mood for it, because I have done it purely on a whim. Or it's because I don't like you (there are very few that fall into the latter category.) My account currently only stays up so my house doesn't fall (and also because I'm too lazy to finish packing up everything.) I've stopped playing because there's no real reason to: the pvm content is beyond boring and not worth doing outside of a few things. But the time investment needed to get anything good out of those few places (Doom and Shadowguard) doesn't correlate with the prices of corpse loot and backpack drops (outside of Cameos.) pvp? Personal feelings about players aside, it's a hot mess with all of the "Fixes" the devs have implemented, and their refusal to listen to what the players want. I last played in October during the Halloween event. Why should I continue to play a game that has nothing to offer in terms of lasting content/has devs that say they want player feedback and refuse to listen to the players? I can tell you that NONE of the pvp'ers remaining in this game are happy about the devs or the game. For the same reasons I just brought up.

The pvp'ers are screwing this game? Are you serious? Who do you think was doing all the farming of Shadowguard, saturating the market when global loot was new, etc? I know at least two pvp'ers that were doing the latter. Along with a few other people who were likely involved with the RMT sites. Shadowguard? After some of the bugs were discovered and word spread, activity on it went up until people got what they wanted.

If I wanted to play a Sampire I would.... but I don't... and HOOTY For you that you can go do all these things on your sampire... but my experience with them is only one of frustration and irritation... frequently my sampire quits hitting anything at all for some reason or is targetting something 1/2 way across screen while 15 things are hitting on her... even with my macro telling it to target the nearest hostile... Or she swings WW 4 to 5 times in a row and hits NOTHING.... time and time again... all that happens is I die.
Have you tried HCI and 120'ing your skill? Weapon skill scrolls are fairly cheap. btw, it's not a question of LIKING the template we play on. I don't like playing on my sampire either...but then, I've never liked an easy mode button. I am very well aware of what (non-EM event) content can easily be done with a sampire, and what can be done with a tamer. 9/10 times, the Sampire wins out, simply because of the amount of damage it deals. For EM Events, I use a Thrower, since they generally take far less damage than a Sampire and don't have to deal with a Slasher obliterating pets. Do I complain about having to use any of them? No. I suck it up and do content in the most efficient way possible by bringing the template(s) best suited for it, whatever they may be.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, lets see if I can make a reasonable statement to this issue:

Disclaimer: I am known as somebody who dislikes PVP and hates most PKs deeply. I almost never met a PK who was not a selfish, greedy, aggressive, arrogant, childish scumbag. But I wont argue about this within the following lines. Changes made to powerscrolls should not affect the shard I am playing most of the time, which is Siege Perilous. On SP things should not change, even though I am victim of PKs several times of the week with the loss of items, time and fun. But that´s Siege and I chose it deliberately. What I am arguning about is prodo shards.

Ok, that being said, let me please tell you a short story: Out of curiosity I logged into a tamer I had on Drachenfels. I havent played that toon for years and I hoped to find legacy pets in his stables. Lucky me, I found a 75+ intensity legacy nightmare in my stable and a legacy WW with 760+ strength and 50+ intensity. For a short moment I was dreaming of training those two pets and playing on Drachenfels a bit. Of course, I had some disheartening meetings with PKs on Siege and was so annoyed that I thought I might give my old shard a new chance.

I checked the skills of the toon: No mastery primer on it. And only 80 taming with ALOT of skills on jewelry. Then I checked vendor search: No scrolls for the pet, not even 110. The scenario would be this way: Training up Taming to at least 90. Finding somebody who transfers to Atlantic and buying primers and scrolls for tons of gold. Given the potential loss of time and money I decided to keep the pets in the stable and play Siege again, which is still the shard where my heart belongs to, even though it is giving you a hard time sometimes.

What do I want to say with this short story: There are so many obstacles to getting set up again when you are playing on a small shard. I know, there would have been people helping me out with scrolls and primers. But if you want to make your way, it is just not intuitive or inviting. Think of the ways you have to go, if you are a noob: the stupid shard transfers, the luck you need for getting a lvl3 primer drop, the time you need to train up taming and so on. Getting 110 scrolls for the pet is the smallest problem, as there are some useful within the 6 you get when soloing a spawn - most of the time.

I am not complaining, no way. I am one of the people who live by the motto that work and Investment make accomplishments worthwile and valuable. The satisfaction comes when you have been frustrated before. I am good, I dont need anything. I play on Siege with houses full of stuff and toons and pets trained up to the level I need and I am part of a wonderful guild.

But with a wife, with kids and a Job it is NO FUN AT ALL that there is no shortcut to certain game resources other than buying from other people (even people I really find disgusting). That kills fun. Yeah, I know the replies: Go, find another game! No, I dont want to.

Devs did some good things lately, which would make it easier for newcomers and returners. Why not offering a tamer´s package on the store? Level 3 primer, all scrolls, hitching post, soulstone with 120 taming, lore and vet for - lets day - 49,90 bucks?

And then add pet skill scrolls in another color to abandonded places, peerless lairs, virtue dungeons and so on: A rare chance of getting a 110 or 115 wrestle, tactics, anatomy etc. from Melisande, Travesty, the Stygian Dragon, Swoop and so on? Doesnt even have to be 120 scrolls. Wouldnt cost much and bring life again to dead places.

Just my 5 Cents.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You seem to be misunderstanding something. Not all of the pvp'ers are going to go out of their way to kill Trammies - I am one of them. Do I do it? Yes. But I have to be in the mood for it, because I have done it purely on a whim. Or it's because I don't like you (there are very few that fall into the latter category.) My account currently only stays up so my house doesn't fall (and also because I'm too lazy to finish packing up everything.) I've stopped playing because there's no real reason to: the pvm content is beyond boring and not worth doing outside of a few things. But the time investment needed to get anything good out of those few places (Doom and Shadowguard) doesn't correlate with the prices of corpse loot and backpack drops (outside of Cameos.) pvp? Personal feelings about players aside, it's a hot mess with all of the "Fixes" the devs have implemented, and their refusal to listen to what the players want. I last played in October during the Halloween event. Why should I continue to play a game that has nothing to offer in terms of lasting content/has devs that say they want player feedback and refuse to listen to the players? I can tell you that NONE of the pvp'ers remaining in this game are happy about the devs or the game. For the same reasons I just brought up.

The pvp'ers are screwing this game? Are you serious? Who do you think was doing all the farming of Shadowguard, saturating the market when global loot was new, etc? I know at least two pvp'ers that were doing the latter. Along with a few other people who were likely involved with the RMT sites. Shadowguard? After some of the bugs were discovered and word spread, activity on it went up until people got what they wanted.

Have you tried HCI and 120'ing your skill? Weapon skill scrolls are fairly cheap. btw, it's not a question of LIKING the template we play on. I don't like playing on my sampire either...but then, I've never liked an easy mode button. I am very well aware of what (non-EM event) content can easily be done with a sampire, and what can be done with a tamer. 9/10 times, the Sampire wins out, simply because of the amount of damage it deals. For EM Events, I use a Thrower, since they generally take far less damage than a Sampire and don't have to deal with a Slasher obliterating pets. Do I complain about having to use any of them? No. I suck it up and do content in the most efficient way possible by bringing the template(s) best suited for it, whatever they may be.
My sampire is 120 Macing and many other things with GM resist and 45 HCI or and still swing and miss 4 to 6 times in a row ... target crap 1/2 way across the screen and that's in the EC fully zoomed out so pretty far away...... I die 10x more on the Sampire than any of my other characters... and I die plenty on them...

I do my ABC archer for EM events... would never take a Sampire to them.

Hate the sampire... Not going to suck it up..... it's not FUN and if it isn't fun there isn't any point in doing it... I don't play to "make a buck" in the game... don't play to sell everything I get... don't play to kill people...... I play to have fun.... to be with my friends...

I bring what's effective.... but honestly hate it.... oh and then there is when my Sampire locks up and does nothing... no amount of me hitting keys gets anything to happen and then bam..... 100's of numbers fly up the screen and I may or may not have lived... Like the game freezes on me quite often...

Used to play CC but that froze up every 2 or 3 steps I'd take... switched to EC and it was great until the DEVs f'd it up and redid the UI.... after that it's been screwed up ever since... No amount of complaints gets any fix from the DEVs ....

So I'm like you... I'd be closing accounts but I'm too lazy to clear all the crap out of my houses and pack up my accounts to shut them down... otherwise I'd do it. Instead I just get on maybe 2 times a week .. hang with my friends for a bit and then go play something else that isn't so annoying or buggy... and has weekly updates of new content and fun things to do...

PageBoy

Journeyman
I personally don'd mind the PK too much. As said, I personally go to Fel spawns all the time, when not taming, spawning etc. But other people, LOTS of people do mind it, enough to just not play, or even get really upset with the taming BAIT to the game and leave, it looks like.
Lots of ppl don't play in Trammel, so please remove Trammel facet from the game.
Lots of ppl don't like neon items, so please no more bling bling em drop.
Lots of ppl don't like something of the game, so please remove everything from the game
Again, stop trying to kill UO please

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Malagaste, dying that often on your sampire.......you are doing something wrong. That's just not how those templates work. If you want to give it another whack, I can try to help you out. I have chars on diff shards, so just let me know.

Thoronnar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Agree that we can buy the white PS, at gargantuan prices, go to RMT sites, and what people are forced to do now. This is exactly the problem though. How are you going to farm 120-200 M for one or two pets?
But are you grasping the bigger picture for the game?
Also:
Can you find something wrong with the above proposals/ideas? If so please state them here.
"gargantuan prices"

do you have any idea how much a PVP suit costs? I think you are all unaware as well as how many people in this game actively does PvP. This is a multiplayer game, but no, you want to be able to solo EVERYTHING, just like you do in Trammel, with no chances of dying. Heck I have a tamer too and sometimes I do stuff in trammel, death is something almost never happens, and if it does, I resurrect and come back.... there is nothing to lose. What kind of game is that? Also what is the greedy point of having 20 different cu sidhes, all different colors, all with skills at 120....? I don't think that's the point of the game, at all. You are free to do so, but come one that HAS to come at a cost...

It doesn't make any sense to remove the only reward we get at PVP (if we win). What? do you think we just succeed at every single raid and we are swimming in PS pools? we don't... the PvP competition is huge, and the lone blue doing a spawn is like finding a diamond, it doesn't happen often. It is the only way we can make money by doing what we enjoy doing in this game. And usually, we hope for somebody to come protect that one single blue, because most of us DO want a fight.

I'll tell you what you can do... make PvP friends, there are A LOT OF THEM. Join a guild, most PvP guilds take pvmers all the time, we like to protect them, they bring up fights for us. If you don't want to join one of those guilds, just ally to one of them, or make friends and tell them when you find raids or when you are spawning call them for protection. That is all, honestly it isn't that hard, all you have to do is play a multiplayer game.

95% of the times we raid a single "blue" pvpeers come to protect... trust me, Fel is not a gold mine of pvmers spawning, not at all. And if you are going to a spawn in ATL alone expected to NOT be raided, you aren't playing the game right. At lest not the fel part.

Thoronnar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So I'm like you... I'd be closing accounts but I'm too lazy to clear all the crap out of my houses and pack up my accounts to shut them down... otherwise I'd do it. Instead I just get on maybe 2 times a week .. hang with my friends for a bit and then go play something else that isn't so annoying or buggy... and has weekly updates of new content and fun things to do...
So basically you are barely playing this game, yet want to ruin it for us active players.

lol.....

That my friend is the exact reason why PvP in this game is so fun, because we don't need an upgrade every 6 months to have fun. The game for us is quite alive.

What would happen if they make PS available for everyone without having to go to Fel is that a lot of people will play the game for a few weeks, make hundreds of pets of all different colors, get bored, leave. And that's it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So basically you are barely playing this game, yet want to ruin it for us active players.

lol.....

That my friend is the exact reason why PvP in this game is so fun, because we don't need an upgrade every 6 months to have fun. The game for us is quite alive.

What would happen if they make PS available for everyone without having to go to Fel is that a lot of people will play the game for a few weeks, make hundreds of pets of all different colors, get bored, leave. And that's it.
There are reasons I barely play... mostly because the game is no longer fun. I don't find it fun to be forced to deal with griefers in Fel.. I don't find it fun to grind for hours without getting anywhere... and I don't find it fun to play solo.

If they put ps in Tram even if it was only 110's and the rare 115... you would see people actually playing more in groups doing spawns all day long... What would be wrong with that??? People actually playing UO rather than sitting at banks waiting for someone else to get stuff so they can buy it and sell it on Atl???

PvP is NOT fun... I did it... Hate it... FAR too many cheaters and whiners and griefers... and the BS talk in Gen Chat is enough to make most folk sick of PvP without ever even trying it... listening to that smack talk just makes most want to not even go to chat...

UO has lost its sense of community... and PvP does not nor has it ever helped build community save way back in the day when you were again forced to band together just to do anything from all the PK's... and losing your spawn and PS to some punk PK isn't fun. No one liked that hence the reason Tram exists in the first place... whoevers stupid idea it was to put something so necessary in Fel out to be flogged... and to continue to perpetuate that glaring mistake is what keeps driving people away. All it ever did was make a few Zerg guild leaders rich .... and kill the game for everyone who's had to suffer trying to compete with that crap to get a scroll...

House deco and design is Fun, Collecting is fun, being with friends is fun, doing things as a group is fun, even invasions, the Tram Khaldun, all that even the grind of doing Krampus was fun for awhile... until the 100th time you got nothing but a few bits of gold and some gems... but working on a spawn and getting raided is NOT fun. Maybe that's your idea of a good time ruining someone elses good time... but it isn't my idea of fun...

If PvP again were so wonderful why are the arena's barely if ever used? Why is Siege barely a shard? Because it's NOT fun for most people ..... 10% if even of the population find it fun...

And the thought of paying the ahole who keeps raiding the spawns to buy a needed powerscroll is just as unappealing as PvP....

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they put ps in Tram even if it was only 110's and the rare 115... you would see people actually playing more in groups doing spawns all day long... What would be wrong with that??? People actually playing UO rather than sitting at banks waiting for someone else to get stuff so they can buy it and sell it on Atl???
No you wouldn't. They'd rotate between the Tram spawns because they have a 15 minute auto-pop timer, get whatever scrolls they wanted for themselves/their pets, then never do the Tram spawns again. This game already has PLENTY of dead content. Why add to it with a temporary carrot (Tram PS's) when those can already be acquired with no risk whatsoever?

If PvP again were so wonderful why are the arena's barely if ever used?
Because the devs killed dueling by adding the possibility of RNG into the game (casting focus) + pvp'ers, if they were willing to duel, wouldn't use something like an Arena where there's a time limit. Fights between two players of equal skill can go for quite a while, and there's no point in shortening said fight with a forced time limit.

Given how often you complain about EVERYTHING, why do you post here? It's obvious you barely play UO, if you play it at all, so it's not surprising you have no idea what goes on in the game. Especially in Fel.

Merth

Journeyman
Last time i went to fel a player threwsome fields up, i said hi, they looked me over and went away. Pretty sad when you look too pathetic to kill lol

PageBoy

Journeyman
I don't want to change the game.

Would like to have pet scrolls attainable by the average player.
Average player can make a 110 scrolled pet or can play with other ppl and stop playing solo a game intended to be played with others.

And just to say... I’ve 4 tamers and a lot of pets... never had problems to procure them the needed scrolls... and I’m not rich at all, atm I’ve like a total of 450m on my 2 accounts

PageBoy

Journeyman
Next time what you want? The possibility to obtain no longer spawning pets? I’ve an idea, devs can force me to sell 4 of the 5 bane dragons I have, so 4 other ppl can be happy playing with them

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, one of the more vocal people threatening to quit was seen on Atlantic :rolleyes:. You would probably have better luck finding a castle spot than doing a solo spawn. If they're still going to quit because they can't spawn on the most populated shard then I say, good luck on your future endeavors.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Average player can make a 110 scrolled pet or can play with other ppl and stop playing solo a game intended to be played with others.

And just to say... I’ve 4 tamers and a lot of pets... never had problems to procure them the needed scrolls... and I’m not rich at all, atm I’ve like a total of 450m on my 2 accounts
I don't settle for 110s... If I'm going to work up a pet I want a real pet... to see it's true potential... not 1/2 a pet.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't settle for 110s... If I'm going to work up a pet I want a real pet... to see it's true potential... not 1/2 a pet.
That´s nonsense, sorry. I have only 2 pets completely scrolled up to 120, all others are combined 110/115/120 depending on the build. Those pets can shine, too. You just need to know the places and spots. I cant stand this kind of negativism and broad-brush-statements.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That´s nonsense, sorry. I have only 2 pets completely scrolled up to 120, all others are combined 110/115/120 depending on the build. Those pets can shine, too. You just need to know the places and spots. I cant stand this kind of negativism and broad-brush-statements.
You may think it's Nonsense but to me making a half scrolled pet is like making a 1/2 scrolled character or wearing 1/2 my armor... don't do it won't do it... it's how I feel.

Otherwise always left wondering "just how much better would this pet be if I had scrolled it all the way?"....
I don't want to be left wondering that.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I could give you a long reply, but I think it is in vain. Your arguments suck, as there are more templates with e.g. 90 vet or 45 necro or 110 tactics than 6 x 120 templates in this game. And nobody wants you to leave the resists untrained. Just nonsensical comparison. For managing modern UO content you dont have to scroll up EVERY char and EVERY pet to 120. But I know I will not win my argument with you, because the problem is the attitude behind it.

PageBoy

Journeyman
So don’t cry and go play felucca, no one cares about your whining... and probably devs will never read this thread

PageBoy

Journeyman
Oh and if you think a pet should be always full 120 scrolled it means you didn’t understand nothing about animal taming