• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

LS PVP megathread

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...and now that you say it Army, you're right, i've never heard you call for help
Nope never had never will. I get grief for it saying oh now your out the fight...pssh in never out of the fight. I come back in stat and weaken disrupt or heal..I'm back the second I'm restocked. Stat or no stat.

Again Cossack my 50m debt settlement is on the table till Saturday 2pm Eastern time..do the "honorable" thing. Pay me and I'll play nicely again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
in my view, PvP is more than just 1 on 1's all over the place... it's working together as a team to achieve victory. whether that victory is dominating yew gate, running a harry, or chaining the coon... if you don't like to be ganked, roll with a team. can't expect a guild with 5 people hanging out to not engage when one of theirs is in a fight. i'll jump in and protect my own every time.

...and now that you say it Army, you're right, i've never heard you call for help
I do play with a group, but when you have 5-6 people all dumping/armor ignoring you, no amount of healers will be able to help. You will never hear me say it's not effective to do it, but you don't improve if that's the only way you can fight. I'll be honest, I don't mind fighting outnumbered (or with a slight number advantage), as long as it's reasonable - 2v1, 3v2, etc. I like those kind of fights, since teamwork is required and you learn how to play with others/how to play when at a disadvantage. If it were, say, a 5v2 or 6v2? Unless you were fighting 6 people who had never pvp'd before, the smaller group WILL die.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I do play with a group, but when you have 5-6 people all dumping/armor ignoring you, no amount of healers will be able to help. You will never hear me say it's not effective to do it, but you don't improve if that's the only way you can fight. I'll be honest, I don't mind fighting outnumbered (or with a slight number advantage), as long as it's reasonable - 2v1, 3v2, etc. I like those kind of fights, since teamwork is required and you learn how to play with others/how to play when at a disadvantage. If it were, say, a 5v2 or 6v2? Unless you were fighting 6 people who had never pvp'd before, the smaller group WILL die.
i know you have a group. i'm talking tactically, not operationally. if your alliance isn't on/near screen, it doesn't help you. if the other side is rolling in 3 or 4 man teams.... well, you gotta read FM 7-8 some more then

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's no real teamwork or chemistry it's a huge alliance to fight off a Zerg..except in all big fights we are easily outnumbered it's cute really!

Btw you accept my 50m debt settlement or you going to ignore my proposal AGAIN.

Axia

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
one of my favorite things i heard last night in vent is as follows... "dang, it seemed like you guys were getting your asses kicked on general chat so i figured i'd better log into vent and help you out. but everyone is ok and the other guys aren't fighting. what's going on."
Yhay, that was me!

Cossack is this the menu driven code that you don't want us to use?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can spin it however you want, but everyone knows what you guys use. lolololol. The saddest part? Even WITH all of those scripts and cheats, the vast majority of nwa still can't pvp.

Oh, and nice job with the unedited taskbar. Congrats on telling everyone you need to run several instances of EUO.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
i wasn't there... but i got word that nwa laid the smack down on christmas. that's what i'm talking about! :party:

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
like i said, i dunno about christmas, but I do know that tonight was a nwa win. win enough for "the others" to abondon fel for a while to lick their buns and take a quick motivational class to work the courage to fight again. granted, with numbers nwa took the coon. I, in a selfless display of self sacrifice for the team (medal please) plunged face first into a loaded star room. of ocurse, like an idiot i was looting bodies on the way up there and gave most of the trap boxes back... but hey, no one ever said I was smart. However, instead of leaving by another means, nwa crashed into the star room like a company of sappers and obliterated the defending OJs. Some nameless yellow bellied cowards hightailed it out through teth keep and claimed victory.... but we all know the truth.

*** You'll have to ask someone important about coon loot, i have no idea.

the telling point of the night, however, was during an even field fight at yew gate. after licking their wounds, the enemy appeared again (with blue support I might add) and started scrimmaging. the bulk of nwa left when no one was left to fight. after some short bouts, cotton, army, and little ol' me wound up in a very good, long standing 3 v 3 fight that found us victorious. after that, we had more fighting around (don't worry, i died quite a bit... buy anything nice with that insurance money???) but people had to leave due to work commitments etc and the enemy kept getting stronger and stronger. in the end, little ol me couldn't stand up to the 6 (could I stand up to 1?.... shhhh, be nice!) and there the night fel flat. HA!

I thought i was recording the yew fights, but apparently I suck and, well, i wasn't. not really any great pics of the dsp fight either... grinding makes for poor pics.

happy end of 2015 everyone. i'll be looking forward to killing you later

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How did Cossack get into a guild? He must of paid his way in.. Btw @drcossack do they let you use Vent yet?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you that hard up for pixel gold army? he's never paying you...

ride him like a pony
Not really...I just don't understand how u can offer duels for gold, get worked like a pancake on the corner and burrow away..pay da man! Or squelch yourself.

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The guys spamming chat and global w/ the boxes to make people crash are pure *****. Glad I was able to kill them repeatedly after I got them set on ignore. Fun PvPs.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looking forward to killing all you guys! Last night nwa got a taste of a 4 man crew and it was not pretty! Who is next?!

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looking forward to killing all you guys! Last night nwa got a taste of a 4 man crew and it was not pretty! Who is next?!
Wha were you killing the spawners we can 4v4 it'll be fun.

I stopped logging in fighting everyone outnumbered..so if we can set up some nice "even" fights maybe I'll log in again..I'll even wear my cloak of humility.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I stopped logging in fighting everyone outnumbered..so if we can set up some nice "even" fights maybe I'll log in again..I'll even wear my cloak of humility.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I am not sure but there was a lot of them. It was a yew fight. We put had a 5 man crew vs 10+ last night and were doing work.

What guild are you in? I love even numbered fights if it is vs skilled pvpers.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not sure but there was a lot of them. It was a yew fight. We put had a 5 man crew vs 10+ last night and were doing work.

What guild are you in? I love even numbered fights if it is vs skilled pvpers.
I'm in nwa. I'll talk to those guys maybe moose,aeyko,avatar?

I'll even throw in some gold for Mage 2v2's

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Barely Legal of 151 made a guest appearance on the island and was soon dispatched (hoping to see more 151 in the near future, those guys are always fun to fight).
I'm going to have fun reading this thread, but to start, I wanted to post a video clip that matched an occurrence in the original post...

Start it at 10:48

Krush

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Pffft what is that, from 2014? I see that video was taken when Mith was still in the guild.

-Pete

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I for one have enjoyed fighting off the 2 big zergs of LS. I have yet to see both zergs on at the same time. Does nwa and 151 ONLY come outwhen they have 10+ people or overwhelming odds?

The few times i have seen both guilds- one was zerging and the other were on stealthers and both were targetting the Legends of Atlantic aka nah!

Krush

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Well, you guys are pretty good. Got to admit that. However, there is so much bad blood between NWA and 151 that I doubt either guild would target anyone else first.

You should leave Yew gate occasionally and see more of the world...

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think mutual hate for us/shard pride brings them together when they see us. I went to a harrower last week and nwa had 23 people holding a grinder. We have usually 4-6 people on when we pvp there. Thats not fun. But have had a few town fights.

Open field is where it is fun for us. Not to mention we only have one template on that shard, so we went with open field format. =]

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A couple funny comments we recieved after beating 151 multiple times outnumbered:

1. "You guys only won because trevor used invis jewles"
2. "You guys are a one trick pony that can only sync dump"

Later on in the night... I see 2 151 members and an nwa sitting at gate. I attack one of the 151 and the nWa tries to dismount me. I teleported around and got a 1v1 with the 151 guy. I am sure it is no surprise what happened next. #RIPSaintness

Side note: nWa has tried coming to ATL and they have just been getting even more embaressed there than LS.

See you on the field.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lol paith is nothing more then a stam blocker in pvp anywhere. Playing an all out defensive template that uses bandages to heal on top of imagery. Then says stuff like you can't kill me. If it wasn't for mortal being way op, your entire guild would never kill anyone

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol paith is nothing more then a stam blocker in pvp anywhere. Playing an all out defensive template that uses bandages to heal on top of imagery. Then says stuff like you can't kill me. If it wasn't for mortal being way op, your entire guild would never kill anyone
What guild are you in and who is your char? I could use a good laugh.

We win heavily outnumbered vs both zergs. Get on our level.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL. Found out you are Higgs/Warshak.

Now it makes sense. You are god awful and you lose with numbers ALL the time. hahah

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nWa has been getting stomped with numbers. Last week we had a 6v6 with them (after beating them multiple times with more until theirp players got sick of dying and logged off).. it lasted literally 34 seconds. I wish that were me exaggerating. lol. Actually their players have started complaining and saying we kill them way too fast so it is not fun for them.

Their one win in a 3v3 was when they brought an un-nerfed fister and they all put on their spellweaving buffs while the wall was up. Hence why they get annihilated in actual fights. I have noticed they aren't coming out as much now that fist got nerfed. Go figure.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Their one win in a 3v3 was when they brought an un-nerfed fister and they all put on their spellweaving buffs while the wall was up. Hence why they get annihilated in actual fights. I have noticed they aren't coming out as much now that fist got nerfed. Go figure.
I've noticed it too. And that a few guys are leaving/already did - some were going back to atl, and others made their own guild. Haven't seen their holy fist chars either. Oh well. Not the first time that's happened in UO, and it won't be the last.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've noticed it too. And that a few guys are leaving/already did - some were going back to atl, and others made their own guild. Haven't seen their holy fist chars either. Oh well. Not the first time that's happened in UO, and it won't be the last.
I did not know we would break up the guild by beating them up. i feel bad now. But they have been getting crushed even worse on ATL because that is where our main characters reside. =(

Sorry LS, we will try not to win vs you guys so fast from now on.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did everyone give up now that fist is gone? I have not seen either guild running around with people in weeks.

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I been getting a lot of activity back on my home shard - Chessy - and when I'm not on Chessy, the fights on ATL been worth while. LS is my 3rd shard, and therefore gets no Cotton love.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I been getting a lot of activity back on my home shard - Chessy - and when I'm not on Chessy, the fights on ATL been worth while. LS is my 3rd shard, and therefore gets no Cotton love.
What kind of action there?

I am on ATL as my main too. I have an old suit on chessy I would dust off if there was worthwhile action. Could probably get a few of my guildies to come as well.

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What kind of action there?

I am on ATL as my main too. I have an old suit on chessy I would dust off if there was worthwhile action. Could probably get a few of my guildies to come as well.
Nothing crazy, small 5-5 fights.

uosucksforever

Adventurer
Just had a 2v5 nwa fight last night killed two them and they started droping down fields in yew, a 6v6 fight vs them would last Seconds for sure.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just had a 2v5 nwa fight last night killed two them and they started droping down fields in yew, a 6v6 fight vs them would last Seconds for sure.
Only two? Pfft. I had a 2v5 with them a few weeks ago, in their favorite dungeon (Despise.) All 5 of them died. A 6v6 fight? You'll get a few easy kills and the rest will scatter. I can even tell you who'd be the first to run.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only two? Pfft. I had a 2v5 with them a few weeks ago, in their favorite dungeon (Despise.) All 5 of them died. A 6v6 fight? You'll get a few easy kills and the rest will scatter. I can even tell you who'd be the first to run.
I saw you on atlantic and you were a cry baby. Sucks fist is not OP anymore, eh.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw you on atlantic and you were a cry baby. Sucks fist is not OP anymore, eh.
lolwut. When was I crying? If you meant against your ****ter guild, LOL. You guys suck - I run from one of you in stat and you jackasses insult me for it, like I'm just supposed to stand there and let you kill me. When I'm out of stat? I get called a ****ing hacker by one of your moron guildmates because he's on an archer that can't hit a parry mage in an imbued suit, and this was after I was dismounted. I managed to travel a few screens while on foot simply BECAUSE I was on a parry mage. btw, I didn't say anything until you guys did, so lol.

Face it, Paith. You guys can't fight by yourselves. And neither can most of the players on Atl. Get them alone and one of four things will happen: they run, they die, they chug their asses off, or they'll play 100% defense if nobody can come to help. I've gotten a lot more kills than deaths on Atlantic in the short time I've actually been pvp'ing there. So much for it having "the best pvp in UO"

Last edited:

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lolwut. When was I crying? If you meant against your ****ter guild, LOL. You guys suck - I run from one of you in stat and you jackasses insult me for it, like I'm just supposed to stand there and let you kill me. When I'm out of stat? I get called a ****ing hacker by one of your moron guildmates because he's on an archer that can't hit a parry mage in an imbued suit, and this was after I was dismounted. I managed to travel a few screens while on foot simply BECAUSE I was on a parry mage. btw, I didn't say anything until you guys did, so lol.

Face it, Paith. You guys can't fight by yourselves. And neither can most of the players on Atl. Get them alone and one of four things will happen: they run, they die, they chug their asses off, or they'll play 100% defense if nobody can come to help. I've gotten a lot more kills than deaths on Atlantic in the short time I've actually been pvp'ing there. So much for it having "the best pvp in UO"
If anyone called you a hacker from my guild, I am sure it was in jest. Most of us play group pleasing templates because we enjoy guild fights as opposed to selfish one v one fighting. That is why my guild dominated LS on our alt characters. That being said, I don't think you could kill anyone in my guild one v one.

ATL pvpers > LS pvpers overall

That does not mean atl does not have crappy pvpers (whom you probably got the kills on) as well.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If anyone called you a hacker from my guild, I am sure it was in jest. Most of us play group pleasing templates because we enjoy guild fights as opposed to selfish one v one fighting. That is why my guild dominated LS on our alt characters. That being said, I don't think you could kill anyone in my guild one v one.

ATL pvpers > LS pvpers overall

That does not mean atl does not have crappy pvpers (whom you probably got the kills on) as well.
Hard to tell over the internet, and that's coming from someone who trolls a lot; if I'm actually PISSED, it is not hard to tell. But even joking, it wouldn't be the first time - I get it from one of the nwa (who plays in the EC, so he's actually FASTER than me) on a regular basis, but I think he actually believes it. I've posted screenshots with my taskbar icons on multiple occasions too...

1v1's: Maybe, maybe not. But I doubt I'll ever get the opportunity to find out. Whatever though...but you're right - I enjoy the group fights too, but my preference is still for 1v1 fighting. I guess that comes from 20+ years of console/handheld gaming. Sadly the AI is ALWAYS a joke once you figure it out, unless it's a stupidly OP uber-boss that can one-shot you with EVERY attack (which I've beaten through sheer dumb luck, but I'll try well over 50 times to do so.) If a game has online play/multiplayer online capability (which a lot do nowadays) I focus on that.

Quality of pvp'ers on the two shards is debatable. But what isn't debatable is that nwa only has a few decent players - the rest are just meatshields. Some are good at what they do, for sure, but nwa fails to capitalize on it; you guys don't, which shows the experience level & familiarity with each other. I got dismounted in dsp yesterday with 3 nwa on me, and it went HILARIOUSLY south for them - their nox mage poisoned one of their guildies instead of me/my mount (I checked journal after escaping.) I managed to remount and GTFO.

I think nwa's biggest problem(s) (besides the zerg thing they've had going for WELL over a year, when Mith was playing - when they were running the UOF tag, the guild was initially revived by some of the original members & only had like 5 people in it - I was one of them. Mith turned it into a huge-ass zerg. Shocking, right?) are that they'll panic when things are going badly, can only do what they're directed to do/a specific role, or just don't know what to do if others aren't around. Two in particular are really bad with that - if either of them are by themselves (and they are the worst players I have EVER seen - a guy I dueled 11 years ago who was crap on a mage at the time would have kicked both their asses), they will do nothing BUT run. I've barely even seen the one since the Holy Fist fix, which was the only time he was actually capable of killing anyone; the other ran from my pvm thrower in Moonglow - I didn't even know you had to stop flying to get Dismount to work. Some of their other members have improved, to be sure, but I'm left to wonder how much better they'd be if they didn't have a massive # advantage every time & actually helped the weaker players get better (they'll say they do it, but lol.)

On Atl, only a couple have stood out, although I haven't fought very many people. The rest, meh. I was asked to help out with a war (which hasn't even started yet...), which is why I've been over there, plus LS has been way too quiet lately - I have chars (but no suits. And I'm too lazy to put something together) on other east coast shards or I'd see what the fighting was like.

But back to the smack talk! Nice job at the SL Base last night, nwa. How many of you guys died? I'm 99% sure it was all but one person.

Last edited: