• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

LS PVP megathread

Krush

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hoping to start a conversation about PVP since this board seems to have every possible discussion about EM events and RP stuff.

Said thread may involve trash talking, lurid exaggeration, and occasional flat-out lying. Hoping to see many screenshots of corpses (I need to figure out how to take good screenshots). Obviously keep the flaming level within the TOS...

So last night (4/8/2015) UOF did a few Despise spawns. The SITH/Meth-Tooth alliance came down and contested the first one with quite a few numbers. Vlad showed up to play a (brief) supporting role before returning to his house. They drove us off the island at first, but we came back before they could drop the Barracoon, killed them all, healed it up and acquired the scrolls.

When we dropped into the star room, Da Man Hacker and Zora of Hi-5 were waiting but I don't think they realized eight people were coming through - they died quickly. Zora is never one to take a death lightly, so Hi-5 was soon back in force with about six folks. A merry chase began from Despise through Terathan Keep to Deceit to Primeval Lich to the T2A desert, to Papua. Approximately 15,682 fields and walls were cast during this trip. A few of us died to fielded teleporter traps along the way but eventually Hi-5 retreated to lick their wounds and we finished the second Barracoon.

Hi-5 got organized and came back for the third and last spawn. This time we held the island with fields as they tried to push inward, rather than chasing them all over Sosaria. Barely Legal of 151 made a guest appearance on the island and was soon dispatched (hoping to see more 151 in the near future, those guys are always fun to fight). A few UOF died to the patented Zora "wall-behind-you-and-sync-dump" tactic, but the combined barrage of three magical shortbows with Hit Area damage kept them from breaking through. Again we dropped the boss and secured precious scrolls.

Here's to more PVP on LS.
Newbie Slayer/Stolichnaya of UOF.

Cyrus Elmarel

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Last edited:

VinnySP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm just arriving from many years away from prodo shards, been a loyal Siege player now for many moons and i'll admit.... it's huge change. I risk nothing while losing nothing??? I'm in!! Looking forward to learning abit and playing balls to the wall :]

jopromol

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Spart - PVP on LS has been really strong.

We continue to see an influx of guilds ranging from YOLO (now ZOO on LS) from GL and Hi-5 from ATL. There are 6 active PVP guilds on LS with most larger fights occurring between 6pm and 12am EST from my observations. These guilds are: the infamous 151 (been on LS since naked hally/mage fights at brit graveyard!), UOF (my guild), Hi-5 (we all know) and the SITH/ZOO/Meth mouth alliance.

Props to OP @Krush for starting this thread! My brother, @Trauma and I used to do keep the same kind of thread going on Legends a few years ago. I think that while the fights are good on LS we need to keep documenting them and hope for more action.

I know last night was a bloodbath- wish I was snapping some shots but I will in the future.

Fight started at Yew gate and consisted of some small skirmishes between UOF, Meth Mouths, 151 and ZOO. I logged in right around the time Kaching was in channel antagonizing 151 for a fight the Meth Mouths most have just won (dunno the specifics of that fight). We began to rally some guild members and headed to the gate. It started off in usual fashion- UOF picking off people 6v1 for awhile but then it began picking up steam. Soon, there was all 4 guilds mentioned earlier at the gate and the pandemonium ensued. It felt as though there was a plot to take out UOF first by the other guilds :stir: .... We were taking heavy losses thanks to SHAMANASS and Chris (ZOO CREW) and their pet combination of devastation and so call was made to retreat to the old Shadowlords base. I also recognized an unpleasant force of 151 assembling (Sibble Sib, Barely Legal, and pesky resinball) who were more than efficient at death strike/destroying a number of UOF.

Once in the SL base, UOF was able to gain some momentum by working together :grouphug:. My dot worked fields with help from Jaded Silence. Several Zoo were trapped in the process and the battle shifted direction. It became apparent though that the forces outside the SL base were not going anywhere and wanted revenge. The call was made to move the fight to Despise and work a spawn. A gate was placed and the 11 members of UOF moved the fight location... and on 99.9% of nights- UOF controls DSP handily (challenge thrown!).

All 4 guilds fought hard in DSP but the battle was handled by UOF's fields, numbers and teamwork.
A 120 Tactics was the prize from the baracoon so to ensure it's safety- it was brought out through the front of despise by the guild...

Battles continued to go on at yew gate which were equally fun but I don't feel like typing out the whole play-by-play at this point (plus I'm at work, lol). But as stated earlier- fights are typically spend between the hours of 6EST and midnight.

MVP of the night- Has got to go to Hudini of UOF. He has the dismount skills of an equestrian master. Though he is often opposing forces "first target" and can take the proverbial "dirt nap" often, he is committed to his craft and his dismounts can almost always win the fight for UOF.

Thanks to all the pvpers who came out last night- I know I enjoy the fights. Special thanks to hypnoticdance who came out on his crafter to watch the pvp at the gate and even made people some chairs to spectate!

See ya all soon,

Drac
aka Ongback/Limitless/Altier etc.... of UOF

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will sync your souls!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jopromol

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Old Vet Back Again, if this was Saturday you are speaking of I wasn't on so I can't say for certain. But we did have an epic fight out at Oaks on Friday night against some 151 and _I_ so maybe he assumed we were popping the harrower from the skull we got. But we will be popping one some time this week for certain.

jopromol

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great fights tonight at the public harrower! Thank you too all the guilds that showed up for the fights. Think we will have more announced fights like tonight in the weeks to come. I'll keep the forums updated.

harrower.png harrower2.png

jopromol

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We did a non-public one last night. Announced it late and guarded it as opposed to making it public. It was down in terra keep. I plan on announcing publicly for Thursday night again- but I'm not positive. I will know for certain later tonight when I talk with the guildies.

Krush

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
LOL all you want Higgs, but now that ZOO, SITH, _I_ and 151 are allied, there's really no excuse for you guys to ever lose a fight. I wonder why Zerg of Lunabank, Anthony and Slippery Pete transferred back to Atl? Tell Anthony thanks for his legendary helmet muhahahaha.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL again. the four guild total like ten people basically, you guys still outnumber us by at least 5+ every fight if not more. We ran a harrower two nights ago and announced it through icq, other vents and shards and still no one came to even challenge us. Zergs do not promote pvp either by the way. It would be different if they fought even when they didn't have as many on but they don't. That's the biggest problem with pvp these days, most people only wanna fight if they have the advantage, if they don't no fights. Its sad really. Ive been fighting outnumbered for more then 6 years and will always pvp regardless of how many people show.

P.S. I will always talk trash in pvp regardless of win or loss cause its part of pvp.

The Higgs

Krush

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Apparently there was a huge harrower fight a couple of days ago - something like two hours. Wish I could have been there but I had to work. Anyway there will definitely be Oaks and Harry tonight or tomorrow (or both?).

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
is there still pvp going on here? if i bring a char over are there any guilds willing to add a loner from chessy?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is there still pvp going on here? if i bring a char over are there any guilds willing to add a loner from chessy?
Yes, there is. UOF (who currently plays under the nwa tag) still has a lot of people. And a lot of them are still as bad as they were months ago. I understand that some of them are "Still learning" (nwa's words, not mine), but at some point, when you've been pvp'ing for over a year and still haven't gotten any better, it's on you/your group - playing with a large group of people every time you pvp does not help you get better. Running away the second someone engages you 1v1 doesn't help you improve, nor does relying on scripts (which are blatantly obvious) while fighting.

I do make fun of nwa a lot (and can be downright mean to some when they talk smack...especially one that has no business saying anything pvp-related), but I will give credit to the ones that attempt to fight on their own. They die quickly, but it's still the best way to get better.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Where's my 100m trammy?!

where's my 100m army? wait, i never had that much..... oh, and um, disarm, disarm, disarm, disarm.... why won't this guy die? what? I need to do more? oh, ok. back to luna then. bye bye

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You'll get it when myst decides to duel me. Doper?
So you'll give me the gold u bet me after someone who only pvps with us to be involved? Ok bro..makes sense! You offered a 100m duel after u watched me make DC look like a chump, and now u won't pay up..have some dignity or stfu from now on.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you'll give me the gold u bet me after someone who only pvps with us to be involved? Ok bro..makes sense! You offered a 100m duel after u watched me make DC look like a chump, and now u won't pay up..have some dignity or stfu from now on.

I wouldn't call what she does, even in a group, pvp. She spams uninterruptable Flamestrike, casts the occasional field, and uses EVs (LOL) because she runs in protection at all times (which is easy to deal with - I can mini-heal through her FS spam while Cursed because her casting is so slow) and runs the second anyone so much as casts Weaken on her. In the field? I had a death in Tera Keep earlier this year to two Hi-5 - they trapped me behind a Wall as they usually do. Myst was there and she did absolutely nothing to help - a simple Dispel Field and I could have gotten away. But she left me to die.

I would assume that some of the people you run with haven't stopped playing since I first did in 2005. I understand that they may not have pvp'd before joining z3rg/UOF/nwa/d33p, but, outside of a few additions here & there, they've been a group for well over a year now. The fact that they haven't improved after that long is still on them.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just came to LS honestly but pvped with a few of the guys from chessy. They have improved quite a bit honestly. I don't pvp with them cause they are the best group out there. I play with the because they are cool people in vent.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
let's see. there was some fights where nwa wasn't doing well. then people house hid. then duels happened. the standard "you used pots you cheated!" verbiage ensued.

All the while I'm stuck in fel on a red with no gold in my bank because i transferred without recalling that gold is now account not charater driven... and, um, it's a weird night.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
let's see. there was some fights where nwa wasn't doing well. then people house hid. then duels happened. the standard "you used pots you cheated!" verbiage ensued.

All the while I'm stuck in fel on a red with no gold in my bank because i transferred without recalling that gold is now account not charater driven... and, um, it's a weird night.
haha. Yeah, that was me dueling. I don't care if they use pots (as long as it's agreed upon, which it wasn't), but at least I know he's so bad that he needs them for me...and the guy plays a nox mage. lolwut. When he did it, I was gonna head off the roof, invis, mount, and leave, but I decided to let it play out. (he had chugged a gheal pot when redlined, so I definitely had that in the bag. lololol.)

after that duel, nwa tried a couple spawns. They got the primers out in the Despise we raided, but everyone that was in the star room died. A short time later, they raided a sampire's Deceit. He called for help in gen chat, and with some help from a few of the K^S folks from Catskills, we steamrolled.

Hope you decide to stick around. haha.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
oh, i'll be sticking around. ...and now, fun with emoji!
maybe i'll get some pics/vids of these things to :stir: concerning who :stretcher: during the :sword:to :drama: and figure out who gets :owned: and who is :lame:.

now it's time for me to :pint: and maybe :shots:. have a great morning

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who did u kill ****sck..or almost kill. Maybe myst finally dueled you? Anywho..where's my 100m putò

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
one of my favorite things i heard last night in vent is as follows... "dang, it seemed like you guys were getting your asses kicked on general chat so i figured i'd better log into vent and help you out. but everyone is ok and the other guys aren't fighting. what's going on."

that made me laugh. granted, this was later on in the night, but it is funny the difference between gen chat and the realities of the situation. unfortuneately, my internet provider decided to turn off the internet right in the middle of the huge grinder fight in fire. i was a little disturbed by that... i took out my frustration on a couple of bluebies once the net came back.

happy thursday!

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You didn't miss much Nogo...except a one tile field party, and a 20v8..and Cossack still owing me 100m..but he said he will pay me when our worst Mage duels him. His logic is sound to say the least

Edit: I don't remember much of the night considering I press play on my leet pvp script and go afk..

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What happened, since Army apparently has Alzheimer's:

nwa announces Harry. I see it's in Fire, say it in Alliance chat, everyone heads over. nwa fights KGB/151 in the town and they all die. We lured the Harry past the bridge and held it for a bit, before nwa overran us. Some of us come back on necros, kill them all again, then hold it until the end. They all die when we push, then a few more nwa die during some fighting in the desert.

Once the fighting stopped & the gen chat commentary started, some of nwa cried continuously about us using a chokepoint. When they do it on a regular basis. Particularly in Despise. I think the pic I'm including says it best.
---------------------------

btw Army, why are you talking? You're not bad, but you're a nox mage with a spell focusing sash. lololol @ dueling with that crap.

Attachments

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I already offered a rematch wearing a exceptional suit 2/6 and regs no nox after you pay me, then we can go again with a broker but continue talking randomness. Not sure how I have Alzheimer's considering I wasn't even there until the tail end of the fight. I'm not sure what part of the desert you fought in, but moose and I singlehandedly mowed over 90% of you until it was too many of you for us to sync. You have to remember 80% of the guild just kind of run around to watch how Fel looks. Not a knock on them, it just is what it is.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I already offered a rematch wearing a exceptional suit 2/6 and regs no nox after you pay me, then we can go again with a broker but continue talking randomness. Not sure how I have Alzheimer's considering I wasn't even there until the tail end of the fight. I'm not sure what part of the desert you fought in, but moose and I singlehandedly mowed over 90% of you until it was too many of you for us to sync. You have to remember 80% of the guild just kind of run around to watch how Fel looks. Not a knock on them, it just is what it is.

I don't remember you saying that. But I do remember you trying to mini-heal at the house right below the gate, about a week ago. I was casting nothing but explosion/flamestrike wondering WTF you were doing. Then I laughed my ASS off when you died.

The desert fighting was just north of the bridge, where the champ spawn is. I think you were there, but I had to repair my tunic (likely from the Harbinger you guys summoned), so I went to Luna, then came back.

Leaving the smack talk out of it:

If that's what 80% of the guild does, maybe they shouldn't go to Fel. Well, not entirely. They should, because it's nice having people to fight.

To be perfectly honest, I don't like sh*t-talking Trammies, nor do I like fighting/killing non-pvpers (unless they run their mouths first) I just want a good fight. At the same time, I don't enjoy constantly dying to ganks. I can't deny that it's effective, but you don't get any better if that's the only way you're capable of fighting. I know I've told Myst things to improve her mage play, along with some of your other guildmates: more small spells for interrupts, use curse (over half the time, Myst doesn't), stop relying on protection, etc. She just responds with an "I don't wanna hear it" attitude.

I want to see them get better so the fights are more fun. But they HAVE to be willing to put the time in so they can improve.

btw, any chance you (as a group) can put a stop to some of the...questionable behavior from your guildmates? Was trying to watch you & scriv dueling the other day, only to get ganked repeatedly, just "because I wasn't invited". That isn't the first time it's happened - they did it the day before when I was dueling someone else (I got away after curing my pet, but I think the guy I was dueling might have died - I ran back and saw his corpse in the area where we were duelin)g, they've also done it at farms, Wrong Roof, and the arenas in the past. I don't like to interfere in duels AT ALL (no matter where they are), but with nwa's recent behavior (and history of doing it), I will not hesitate to do so to them

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You know... telling someone whether they should or should not go to fel is silly. If people want to go to fel, great! You don't have to be a badass 1v1 pvper to go to fel or even succeed in fel. I haven't played in some years now until recently, but Myst was my guildmate a few years ago for quite some while. She's an awesome guild mate! Just because she doesn't pvp in your own approved manner means nothing. If she doesn't want your help, so be it. She has her way of playing just like everyone else and that's just awesome.

As for your last remarks about the "questionable behavior." Behavior in fel is learned. Your "honorable" behavior is laudable, but unrealistic to expect. In fel you HAVE to expect everyone to play to the edges of the ruleset otherwise you die and die fast. It is fairly ridiculous to create a second pretend ruleset beyond the actual one and then be upset when people don't follow those unwritten rules. As a sidenote, FYI nwa's vent tends to be fairly quiet a lot of the time as we try to not step on one another jabbering on about this and that. That being said, it's not unusual for someone to be dueling or whatnot without others knowing. Perhaps asking the dueler or whatever to make a quick announcement to "not attack so-and-so." Those requests tend to be honored.

Lastly, I was giggling yesterday afternoon during the yew gate scrimmaging. Someone hollered at me about not fighting a 1v1. I fight 1v1 all the time, but in that specific instance, I was fighting against a template that has a distinct advantage on mine and the opponent got the first combo in without me getting anything. So, instead of staying and dying, I pulled off to reset the fight. Happens that others rolled in to fight and that happens. Staying and dying would be the dumbest thing to do.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know... telling someone whether they should or should not go to fel is silly. If people want to go to fel, great! You don't have to be a badass 1v1 pvper to go to fel or even succeed in fel. I haven't played in some years now until recently, but Myst was my guildmate a few years ago for quite some while. She's an awesome guild mate! Just because she doesn't pvp in your own approved manner means nothing. If she doesn't want your help, so be it. She has her way of playing just like everyone else and that's just awesome.

As for your last remarks about the "questionable behavior." Behavior in fel is learned. Your "honorable" behavior is laudable, but unrealistic to expect. In fel you HAVE to expect everyone to play to the edges of the ruleset otherwise you die and die fast. It is fairly ridiculous to create a second pretend ruleset beyond the actual one and then be upset when people don't follow those unwritten rules. As a sidenote, FYI nwa's vent tends to be fairly quiet a lot of the time as we try to not step on one another jabbering on about this and that. That being said, it's not unusual for someone to be dueling or whatnot without others knowing. Perhaps asking the dueler or whatever to make a quick announcement to "not attack so-and-so." Those requests tend to be honored..
The thing is, Myst would be A LOT more effective if she didn't rely on protection and used more than Flamestrike, EVs, and fields. I don't expect her to turn into an excellent pvp'er overnight even if she took my advice, but what she does right now is extremely ineffective. She (and Rhiannon) would be much more effective if they stopped relying on protection and mixed in weaken, poison, etc. You don't get better by relying on crutches, never changing tactics, or refusing to fight 1v1.

As far as the questionable behavior: I was in the middle of a duel a few days ago, with someone who wasn't in their guild. While Yew gate isn't the best place for one, there is NO reason for them to just run in, poison my pet, then start attacking me. Same thing when I wanted to watch two others (one of whom was Army) duel. As such, I will show them the same respect they showed me, no matter where it is; it's not the first time they've ganked people in the middle of a duel (they've done it more than once @ the farms), or killed people who were just there to watch.

I don't care if people cheat their asses off, although it's blatant how many nwa use scripts and speeder to pvp. The speeder helps them more than anything else. But when people are at what's supposed to be "neutral" ground (Jhelom Farms, Wrong Roof, and the Fel Arenas), and they decide to attack people? Yes, I have a problem with that. At Yew, meh. I played there in the old days (albeit fairly rarely after going Red) and I never once expected a 1v1.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I, personally, agree with your "honor rules" but just think it's crazy to expect others to abide by them. Of course, if you run into a couple people fighting and you don't engage, you're leaving yourself open to the two of them turning on you. Not saying that would happen, just saying that it has definitely happened to me before.

As for cheats--I know nothing of them. I pretty much assume everyone has them but I really don't know crap about them. I play on the enhanced client anyways and i'm pretty sure that EC doesn't even have cheaters... but what do i know. I do think it's funny that I run faster than most even with my shoddy internet connection.

... on a smack talking note... i'll be looking forward to deathstriking you tonight! or maybe just disarm spam to get everyone all pissed off :stir:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cossack...pay me my 100 you "OWE" me and you'll be allowed to watch duels and or duel again. Till then I will continue killing/ganking/res killing you ...btw you complain about cheats but have no problem admitting you use that uo assist type program like 90% of everyone else.

I'll say it once more. I will live stream my fights. Only time I script is in PvM. Scripting in pvp is for suckers.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Cossack...pay me my 100 you "OWE" me and you'll be allowed to watch duels and or duel again. Till then I will continue killing/ganking/res killing you ...

... well and there's that too

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... well and there's that too
I mean the guy never ever shuts up. He's 10x worse than explicit was. I mean like 10 freaking fold. Except explicit could back some of his talk up. This dude isn't even a 10th of what he claims to be. I don't blame Myst for not taking your advice..why would she? She doesn't listen to people whom are much better than you, why would she listen to you of all people? Not for nothing we've been trying to remedy that protection ****. It gets you killed so easily, but hey who are we to tell her or anyone else for that matter how to play. As for 1v1's and calling people in?! Anyone I've EVER played with will vouch I never ever ever ask for help. It's a game if you die you die. I will try my best to fight 2 or even 3v1 and that will never change with me. I've died hundreds of times 3v1 cause I had one redlined and let pride take over. Buck up son! I'll even settle on 50m if you pay your debt within the next 24 hours...if not let the games begin and I'm making a troll character with spirit speak to troll the F out of you. good day!

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I just want a good fight. At the same time, I don't enjoy constantly dying to ganks.
in my view, PvP is more than just 1 on 1's all over the place... it's working together as a team to achieve victory. whether that victory is dominating yew gate, running a harry, or chaining the coon... if you don't like to be ganked, roll with a team. can't expect a guild with 5 people hanging out to not engage when one of theirs is in a fight. i'll jump in and protect my own every time.

...and now that you say it Army, you're right, i've never heard you call for help