Lets take a bet on when amnesty/entitlement happens?

• Thread starter imported_herk1287
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
I

imported_herk1287

1... if we get it april 30th 2...in may/june or 3.... never, what does everyone think

I

imported_herk1287

im going with 2(hopefully) most likely to be #3 though

N

NightFlyer

I'll give the benefit of the doubt and go for #1.

It will be interesting to see how many accounts close if it doesn't happen on or about April 30th.

I think many players are losing their patience and this may just be the kicker. Time will tell in any case.

G

i believe the promise of amnesty, was just a scam to keep paying subscribers pacified.... lots of people out there lost sims and rares in the merge, and maxis doesnt want to deal with that.... they dont want to track down who lost what, and replace what their programming deleted.... we have heard nothing else about the lava game, we have heard nothing else about the fourth year gift... and now were hearing nothing else about amnesty... i believe its just another broken promise... to keep the paying subscribers pacified....

S

Sideliner

I bet it happens when the devs decide they are ready to do it.

I bet it isn't on May 1st or May 2nd. Figure this. April 30th is the cut-off for people to actually reactivate their accounts.

So I figure maybe a week, maybe 2 before it actually occurrs.

I

imported_Mavric

I really don't like to speculate; best to let it happen when it happens and not to read to much into it.

Mavric

I

imported_Founder

I doubt it will happen soon. If it happens before June, I will be posting in the nude!

G

after Sims3 and Spore are completed.. so Jan 09 or so. If ever...

I

imported_herk1287

ahhhh...wow no one is even positive, just what i figured

G

<blockquote><hr>

I doubt it will happen soon. If it happens before June, I will be posting in the nude!

[/ QUOTE ]

pics or it didn't happen (If it does happen)

G

<blockquote><hr>

I really don't like to speculate; best to let it happen when it happens and not to read to much into it.

Mavric

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

Herk, this is not a negative comment, its just what is. Everything happens when it happens and theres not much more we can do then wait. Whether it happens or not I intend to continue to enjoy my gaming experience until they drag me out and slam the door in my face.

I

imported_Founder

Sure...I'll waive you from my window in Coney Island...You have a pair of binoculars, right? Dont worry though, amnesty wont happen by June

G

It will happen - whenever it happens.
Will be fun but I'm not in a hurry.
What's the rush?

I

imported_Armonia

Ok all you negative peeps...I think they will give it to us soon after or on April 30th. I don't think we will get all the perks but maybe at first the anniversary gifts then slowly after that our skill locks. Lets have a little confidence in our beloved Dev's. Oh, Herk go get your cannon and shoot a few people, that will fill up your time till you get amnesty....lol

Armonia

I

imported_Qute Pi

I'm still hoping the deadly silence we have dealt with is an indication of how busy they are preparing to meet their deadline. I say we will have it on time.
Ask me again May 1st.

I

imported_Founder

...or the deadly silence could also mean that their took all of the ATM cash-in money and defected to Vegas!

G

well considering they put stuff in and out of inventories all the time....probably 1

G

I live in Vegas and haven't spotted them anywhere

I have to agree, it happens when it happens. What is all the rush about? Just play your game the way you always do and wait for the surprises to unfold. You just never know what the Dev's have going on.

I

imported_Founder

<blockquote><hr>

I have to agree, it happens when it happens. What is all the rush about? Just play your game the way you always do and wait for the surprises to unfold. You just never know what the Dev's have going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the big rush is that many players plan on downgrading to free account after they get their amnesty gifts, so their rush is to beat their monthly rollover date and avoid another 9.99 fee.

I

imported_Demirosa

Hey, I never thought of that before, but it sounds like a good idea...

S

Sideliner

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the big rush is that many players plan on downgrading to free account after they get their amnesty gifts, so their rush is to beat their monthly rollover date and avoid another 9.99 fee.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL yeah, someone finally said it. I don't plan on doing that so whenever is ok for me. Just let it be done correctly is all I hope for.

G

I find it interesting that many of the players that are pancakes about cancelling their accounts if amnesty doesn't happen and soon, played this game for 2-3 years with no updates.

Now that it is right around the corner, they speculate that it was all a lie just to get past players back. No one gives the benefit of doubt that the Dev's are hard at work. The constant pancakes and moaning is not going to get any of us anywhere. It happens when it happens. IMO if someone wants to avoid the monthly $9.99, then cancel and be done with it, but to continually complain gets none of us anywhere.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

I find it interesting that many of the players that are pancakes about cancelling their accounts if amnesty doesn't happen and soon, played this game for 2-3 years with no updates.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've thought about quitting but it isn't because of amnesty. Its because of the constant fighting on here, in game drama, rumors that don't get resolved, everyone thinking they know what everyone else should think.

There are many players here who left for those 2-3 years who come back and tell me why I should or shouldn't enjoy the game now...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Sure...I'll waive you from my window in Coney Island...You have a pair of binoculars, right? Dont worry though, amnesty wont happen by June

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I could get a view of coney island from my roof...

I'll be there regardless amnesty or no.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Mavric

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

Herk, this is not a negative comment, its just what is. Everything happens when it happens and theres not much more we can do then wait. Whether it happens or not I intend to continue to enjoy my gaming experience until they drag me out and slam the door in my face.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, me too. I vote what they vote which I think is "none of the above".

G

<blockquote><hr>

...or the deadly silence could also mean that their took all of the ATM cash-in money and defected to Vegas!

[/ QUOTE ]

OOOOH, I'm sure their having a really great time.

I

imported_SimTripps

My heart hopes for #1, but my pessimistic doom-and-gloom side says #3 lol...

There's been an eerie silence from the devs of late...

O

oXTheSicknessXo

To be honest with you guys.. I think EVERYONE here is jumping the gun.. It would of course take weeks to configure amnesty. Maybe the devs are just too busy with amnesty and are ignoring updates until amnesty is done no? Thats my thought.. I'm not gonna be like "OOHH EMM GEEE NO MORE UPDATES WTF?!" Because the devs have really put the time and thought into this game right now and I think its a tad bit early to just abandon the game already..

N

Natedawg26

<blockquote><hr>

Mavric

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed

G

Can I have all their stuff? Cuz I plan on staying wheer or not we get amnesty. I have an outlook that it will happen soon!

Positive peep over here!!!

I

imported_Shirl1211

TTY

I really hope it happens on time so I can say neener neener to all you negative people. I have confidence in the Dev team. They were prompt with the merge. I'm not going to fret either way since the deadline isn't even here yet.

G

Just because the devs aren't posting doesn't mean they aren't sneaking in and reading the posts.

I'm torn between #1 and #2. I'm hoping for #1 but I'm also in no hurry. Won't make any difference in my game play.

G

I vote #2...just because I'm afraid of thinking #1 and #3. My glass is half-full side says that the devs have been quiet because they've been diligently attending to making amnesty happen ASAP. My glass is half-empty side thinks my half-full side is an overly optimistic idiot for being sucked in again to any promises made.

I'll admit that the promise of amnesty was one of the primary reasons I came back, and the only reason I became a subscriber. Will it change gameplay a great deal? Yeah, kinda...I'm a compulsive skiller and like the idea of having my locks back. Is the thought of amnesty not happening on May 1 a dealbreaker for me? Nah...but I will be honest and say I'm getting sick of waiting.

G

Let me get this straight...

You guys are pancakes that you will cancel your account if Amnesty doesn't happen soon - so you can cancel your account!

LOL

G

I still dont understand much about what Amnesty means I know its away for people to get back the anniversery gifts they lost over the years

and I hope i get my pet statues and mystic trees for 1st and 2nd year...

But im not sure what has to be dont to make my account ready for it?

I was told you have to set up your account for it and not sure what they mean by that...

my vote:
with all the other things they have messed up and things that are supposed to happen and never did (IE- Lava Game, Currency change"

I really dont think amnesty will ever happen so my vote is (3-Never) but the optimist in me wants to vote (1- On time april 30th) guess we wait and see

if anyone has the answer to my above question please tell me...

G

They just meant that account had to be active by the 30th. When you look at your bio it will show entitlement days. Those mean the paid subscription days on your account. These would determine what gifts and skill locks you will receive.

I

imported_fajjaa

I dont think the dev team will just walk away from this game after they spent so much time working on the lag and login problems. Those 2 problems alone took several months to conquer. With those 2 major problems out of the way, the entire team can concentrate on improving the game. It looks like the city plaques are made and would more then likely be a first step in handing out things to the masses. Anniversary gifts would more then likely need a much more detailed description of each account in order to get it right without any flaws. Amnesty will happen when it happens. I bet the dev team is just as excited in making it happen as we are in seeing it come to pass.

E

ephemeral

<blockquote><hr>

To be honest with you guys.. I think EVERYONE here is jumping the gun.. It would of course take weeks to configure amnesty. Maybe the devs are just too busy with amnesty and are ignoring updates until amnesty is done no? Thats my thought.. I'm not gonna be like "OOHH EMM GEEE NO MORE UPDATES WTF?!" Because the devs have really put the time and thought into this game right now and I think its a tad bit early to just abandon the game already..

[/ QUOTE ]

If the devs are in fact, silently busting their butts behind the scenes I personally think they should be killing themselves to solve issues like lag, login problems, constant crashing, ambiguous download instructions and procedures, etc., etc.--not necessarily in that order. IMO, the amnesty issue is low on the priority list of things they really need to attend to.

The Amnesty deal was a ploy to encourage people who have left the game to come back--so I have to think that they will make an effort to put it into effect at some point. There is no shame, nothing unusual (for the industry) if they have to push back the date of introduction in order to get things running properly first...(something they have NOT done during the refurbishment to date).

Also as an aside, it would not take any great effort for someone (Parizad, for e.g., since she's the liaison) to simply issue a statement that, "EA and the devs have not abandoned EA-Land. We are simply working behind the scenes at the moment without the distractions of direct interaction with the subscribers. We hope to have improvements in place and operating in short order..." That would cut short much of the speculation and stress. The fact that they have not even bothered would imply that EA has simply pulled the staff of the EA-Land project (except for minimal maintenance, e.g. cc approval) and mandated that no comment be issued by any of them. It would also indicate that they really have no intention of providing any further support or improvement to the game. My heart hopes I am wrong, but my brains and experience tell me otherwise...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Let me get this straight...

You guys are pancakes that you will cancel your account if Amnesty doesn't happen soon - so you can cancel your account!

LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

No whisperingruby said <blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

G

Yes I know, I didn't mean that Ruby did it, I just thought of that when I read Ruby's post, and I didn't see what other post was appropriate to hit reply on.
Meant as a generalization.

G

ttl

I keep seeing people who for some reason, have April 30th stuck in their heads as being the set in stone date for amnesty, but that is merely the cut off date for reactivating accounts. I have never seen a date from the devs as far as when amnesty would occur. I also know that as long as our entitlement days are stuck, and picking primary sim does not work correctly, it is not going to happen. I, like many of you, would love to see it happen this week, but I really don't think it's likely.

If I had to pick a date, I'd pick the 2nd tuesday of the 3rd week in June

G

<blockquote><hr>

If I had to pick a date, I'd pick the 2nd tuesday of the 3rd week in June

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey! That's my birthday!!

I

imported_Danny Dots

I think there should be an option added:

#4 - Is happy to wait and get it when it comes

I'm in no rush. I'll be just as excited in three years from now then I would be if it came tomorrow.

G

whispering ruby, i have just one question? did you lose anything in the merge.... lots of us old time subscribers did.. and sure were pancakes.... we lost sims, we lost all our simoleans, we lost some of our rares, some of us have never recieved our anniversary gifts thats due to us... were payingn 9.99 a month to a company who has a big tendancy of making false promises... apparently your a newbie