Lets take a bet on when amnesty/entitlement happens?

• Thread starter imported_herk1287
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

If I had to pick a date, I'd pick the 2nd tuesday of the 3rd week in June

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey! That's my birthday!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine too!

G

Option #5 Waiting patiencly for Amnesty, not in any hurry for it. HUGS!

S

SammiiBeta

do you mean of this year? .......with all the posts about amnesty from Ea it has to be soon...oh wait there havent been posts lately hmmm ....errr well a promise is a promise ..oh wait they have promised before ummmm well I'm guessing right after it will be near about the time people in purgatory get frost bit

G

Add me to the "It'll get here when it gets here" camp.

And, to all the people planning on leaving if amnesty doesn't happen on April 30th: Can I have all your stuff?

G

<blockquote><hr>

And, to all the people planning on leaving if amnesty doesn't happen on April 30th: Can I have all your stuff?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey I asked first!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey I asked first!

[/ QUOTE ]Heh... What are we, a couple of
?

G

Well, I certainly don't want to "count my chickens before they hatch"... however... has anyone else noticed that the EA Land server is showing as "full". If I'm correct, than this means that noone can currenty create a new avatar/sim there. Soo... could amnesty be just around the corner?? ::jumping up and down, excited!:: <font color="purple"> </font>

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey I asked first!

[/ QUOTE ]<blockquote><hr>

Heh... What are we, a couple of
?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color=blue>Me vulture nah just a greedy wench!</font color=blue>

<blockquote><hr>

Well, I certainly don't want to "count my chickens before they hatch"... however... has anyone else noticed that the EA Land server is showing as "full". If I'm correct, than this means that noone can currenty create a new avatar/sim there. Soo... could amnesty be just around the corner?? ::jumping up and down, excited!::

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color=blue>I didn't think of that. Could it be true!! I would jump up and down but would most likely break the bed!!!!</font color=blue>

[/ QUOTE ]

J

jasminemoon

<blockquote><hr>

I'm still hoping the deadly silence we have dealt with is an indication of how busy they are preparing to meet their deadline. I say we will have it on time.
Ask me again May 1st.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with Qutie Pie on this one (hope I didn't botch your name..think I did); BUT I'm not counting on May 1st as being the "on time" date as I haven't seen anything that says that is the day Amnesty was promised.

*feeling optimistic today..and also feeling much better after being sick blah*

G

Just hitting reply.

I just thought I would mention a few things that were posted by Greg on 25th March. It appears a lot of people in here didn’t see it.
This is taken from his post in the blog headed,

“Gifts, Skill Locks, and Amnesty”

We will be doing various pieces of the gifting and amnesty over the next 2-3 weeks. And if all goes as planned you should receive city-from gifts this week. When we are sure an aspect is working we will let you know via the blog.

Starting immediately following the skill lock amnesty, skill locks will be separately tracked and not based solely on the age of the avatar.

For a short period of time (now until April 30, 2008), the algorithm used for skill locks will be adjusted to consider entitlement age as an alternative means of calculating skill locks.
After the amnesty period, a new algorithm for determining skill locks will be in place. So create your characters before the deadline to take advantage of the amnesty, the algorithm for after is tougher!

Not meaning to jump on anyone here or start something, just that there seems to be a misunderstanding where people are saying nothing was promised for April 30.

G

<blockquote><hr>

whispering ruby, i have just one question? did you lose anything in the merge.... lots of us old time subscribers did.. and sure were pancakes.... we lost sims, we lost all our simoleans, we lost some of our rares, some of us have never recieved our anniversary gifts thats due to us... were payingn 9.99 a month to a company who has a big tendancy of making false promises... apparently your a newbie

[/ QUOTE ]

We all lost our simoleans. We were supposed to
. As for the anniversary gifts, those were suspended for a while. I was thinking I had heard they will resume after amnesty. Everybody will get all their gifts when amnesty comes along. Kinda like Christmas!!

S

Sideliner

<blockquote><hr>

Add me to the "It'll get here when it gets here" camp.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is 'amnesty' the only reason people are coming back or staying? They are getting locks and anniversary gifts?

Sure it's a bonus, but players should be coming back or staying in the game for other reasons too like the custom content, new city structures, and more updates to come.

I have never sold, given away or received an anniversary gift from another player. I have all my trees, campfires, pets, statues, etc that I received over the years. Some of my sims are account age, some are younger because I recreated. Even without amnesty, I'd be quite content to continue playing them even without anniversary gifts.

I appreciate that all my sims will age and I appreciate that I'll get another round of trees.

Amnesty or no amnesty, there are people sitting around waiting to quit. They are banking on being able to sell their items and line their pockets. It will be so funny if EA decides to at long last ban the sale of it's in-game objects by private people.

I thought April 30th was the 'cut-off' date. Can you imagine the screaming if someone reactivates their account at 6:00 pm April 30th....an hour after amnesty? A careful review of active accounts, accounts that may have had recent credit card transaction problems, sending last minute emails to people that probalby 'just' fell behind....if I were Luc, that's what I'd be asking before flipping the switch for amnesty.

K

Keep It Real

WoW.......................it didn't happen yet?
That carrot is getting old so I have to wonder what the next deception/smoke screen will be.
It didn't happen the day after I closed my accounts so my guess would be the DAY AFTER HELL FREEZES OVER.

L

legal1lpn

<blockquote><hr>

That carrot is getting old so I have to wonder what the next deception/smoke screen will be.
It didn't happen the day after I closed my accounts so my guess would be the DAY AFTER HELL FREEZES OVER.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my GOODness...you are toooo funny!

I pick 3.....hahahahahaha hell just can't freeze over...can it? We need hell hot.
I still pick 3 on a cold day on earth.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey I asked first!

[/ QUOTE ]Heh... What are we, a couple of
?

[/ QUOTE ]

I decided years ago; When I go, I'm taking all my stuff with me!
Not that I'm going, but I don't really find the whole "can I have your stuff" joke funny these days. People been saying that for years to other people.

And they say those of us who look forward to amnesty are greedy. lol. ooook...

I guess we are all greedy in our own way. Thats what makes this virtual world work. If we were all the same we'd have a bunch of the same blonde sims running around, all getting married to the hot sim guy, having little sim babies, which will all end up from broken homes...
ok got off track there. Forgive me...*goes to get another cup of coffee*

S

SammiiBeta

I actually think if they went ahead with amnesty I for one would keep my accounts as paid accounts. It would at least show me they care about us Sims/avatars/people who have hung out for them through it all

S

Sideliner

<blockquote><hr>

I actually think if they went ahead with amnesty I for one would keep my accounts as paid accounts. It would at least show me they care about us Sims/avatars/people who have hung out for them through it all

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting to keep my houses, my avatars and all my stuff even though it was a pain in the royal rear-end for the devs to do, shows me they care also.

But for some people, that's not enough.

Getting aged and a 2nd round of gifts is just a little icing on the cake.

I

imported_Qute Pi

Actually it not just because of the 2nd round of gifts. Some people are waiting on their first round that never made it to them. As a paying customer its obvious that's why it's not enough for some.

Since you seem to be all stocked up I can see why you wouldn't be concerned.
You did know everyones online gaming experience may differ right?

G

<blockquote><hr>

whispering ruby, i have just one question? did you lose anything in the merge.... lots of us old time subscribers did.. and sure were pancakes.... we lost sims, we lost all our simoleans, we lost some of our rares, some of us have never recieved our anniversary gifts thats due to us... were payingn 9.99 a month to a company who has a big tendancy of making false promises... apparently your a newbie

[/ QUOTE ]

No I am not a newbie, I am a returning player. Yes I lost some things in the merge along with simoleans. I returned before the merge. People forget, new dev team, new game. I am just not one to sit and pancake about something I have no control over other than to cancel my account, which I won't. I am being one of the patient ones that is giving the dev's the benefit of doubt.

Rome wasn't built in a day and a damn game sure as hell isn't going to be fixed in a few months. I have said before, let them work and get things right the first time around, than to constantly have to fixed things because they rushed through, just to appease the whiners in the game.

S

SammiiBeta

With amnesty "in my opinion" they will be giving people alot of things they didnt get or lost in the merge including gifts and even the skill locks (most important) they have earned. You cant really blame people for taking a break before when there were no updates for ages and ages. There Sims were naturally deleted. I think they deserve a second chance.

But to me it means more to know that they are doing as they are saying and not just blowing smoke. I'd be a bit more patient if I had faith. Which I lost over the years and would love to have back.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

But to me it means more to know that they are doing as they are saying and not just blowing smoke. I'd be a bit more patient if I had faith. Which I lost over the years and would love to have back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people don't understand...I'm guessing they think we just like to complain.

S

Sideliner

<blockquote><hr>

Actually it not just because of the 2nd round of gifts. Some people are waiting on their first round that never made it to them. As a paying customer its obvious that's why it's not enough for some.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reading responses like...."Maybe I'll keep my accounts if the amnesty goes through" just makes me wonder if a tree and a few locks is really going to hold a player here?

Reading some of the responses I have to wonder if anyone has taken time to read what the Devs have written at all?

It's very frustrating to know that new people are reading all the 'conflicting' info and that some of these folks are actually carrying over the 'misunderstanding' into the game.

There are people from THIS forum that are running around in game telling people that there is supposed to be amnesty on April 30th. It's not EA giving out bad info at all, it's th players.

I

imported_corpatortis

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

the devs would be busy ice skating

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Reading responses like...."Maybe I'll keep my accounts if the amnesty goes through" just makes me wonder if a tree and a few locks is really going to hold a player here?

Reading some of the responses I have to wonder if anyone has taken time to read what the Devs have written at all?

It's very frustrating to know that new people are reading all the 'conflicting' info and that some of these folks are actually carrying over the 'misunderstanding' into the game.

There are people from THIS forum that are running around in game telling people that there is supposed to be amnesty on April 30th. It's not EA giving out bad info at all, it's th players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the misinformation. But no one with authority will correct the situation with a definite answer. Saying “Amnesty date has not been given, any dates given were deadlines” might help. Many people do not want to believe what other players say, because so often they are misinformed.
Before the April 30th deadline it was March of 2008. People came back with expectations that aren’t being met, for whatever reason.

I also believe that it’s the community as a whole, not one side or another that makes these boards how they are. Having a discussion or debate should include resolution ideas, not putting down other players for their concerns, personalities, or feelings on the situation. I believe we are all at fault, from the dev’s to the players and everyone in between.

We have all had a different gaming experience, how could anyone think we should all feel the same.
Some of us played for 5 + years, 3 of which had no updates at all.
Some of us left due to that.
Some of us left because of other reasons.
Some of us are complete noobs and do not know what to expect.
Some of us are just coming back and their expectations are high.

IF someone came back only for amnesty, and then plan to leave again, I don’t understand the purpose of that, unless they have reactivated additional accounts to gain more items.

I have an additional account that will get everything again, excluding my main account. Of course it was activated for many years, but say for instance it wasn’t and I only activated it for the amnesty, then every month it gets pushed back is another month I have to pay for that additional account.

V

ValarieNicoleBF

lol...it Better be #1, and I already said I'd give them an extra day, so by the 1st, I hope.

V

ValarieNicoleBF

<blockquote><hr>

i believe the promise of amnesty, was just a scam to keep paying subscribers pacified.... lots of people out there lost sims and rares in the merge, and maxis doesnt want to deal with that.... they dont want to track down who lost what, and replace what their programming deleted.... we have heard nothing else about the lava game, we have heard nothing else about the fourth year gift... and now were hearing nothing else about amnesty... i believe its just another broken promise... to keep the paying subscribers pacified....

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you remember when we had an Exploit in EA Land and they went through and Undid Everything...Objects that were bought with the money went back to the person the bought it from, exploit money was taken away...yeah, They don't care.

S

Sideliner

<blockquote><hr>

Just hitting reply.

I just thought I would mention a few things that were posted by Greg on 25th March. It appears a lot of people in here didn’t see it.
This is taken from his post in the blog headed,

“Gifts, Skill Locks, and Amnesty”

We will be doing various pieces of the gifting and amnesty over the next 2-3 weeks. And if all goes as planned you should receive city-from gifts this week. When we are sure an aspect is working we will let you know via the blog.

Starting immediately following the skill lock amnesty, skill locks will be separately tracked and not based solely on the age of the avatar.

For a short period of time (now until April 30, 2008), the algorithm used for skill locks will be adjusted to consider entitlement age as an alternative means of calculating skill locks.
After the amnesty period, a new algorithm for determining skill locks will be in place. So create your characters before the deadline to take advantage of the amnesty, the algorithm for after is tougher!

Not meaning to jump on anyone here or start something, just that there seems to be a misunderstanding where people are saying nothing was promised for April 30.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just bumping you up for folks that keep saying that nothing has been said.

And now that I think about it....my 3 year old got his campfires recently. He was due one on January 22, 2008. Not sure when he got it but it was in the last 2 weeks. I was too busy enjoying myself to notice. LOL

Anyone ever take a car trip with an annoying kid that keeps asking "Are we there yet?" A 10 mile stretch of road can feel like 100 MILES with a kid like that in the back seat.

Then there's the kid that has to pee every 10 minutes....we can think of them as the devs keeping us waiting....kinda like a slow bottle of ketchup!

Anticipation.....anticipation....is making me wait (Ugh thanks...now that tune is stuck in my head!)

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

I vote never, what do I win ?

[/ QUOTE ]

You win absolutely nothing.

No one wins. The only people that have won today are the people that have hung around like a bunch of vultures, salivating at the thought of TSO closing up for good.

But now we all will have a lot more time to do stuff in real life.

S

Simsaholic

Does it even matter anymore since the game is closing down in August?

H

hollythor

TRUE, butttttt, over the next 2-3 weeks he said, that was over a month ago and april 30th was OUR deadline to create sims. BUT, now city is full like they turned it off so that is not fair. I have one more to create and now cannot. DO NOT DELETE ANY SIMS. I am hoping it says full just for amnesty. Because how can it be full if they are wanting new players to subscribe? What would be the point if they can't create any sims? Something is going on, that is for sure.

G

Read here This will explain why you cannot create new sims, and why there will be no amnesty.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

I vote never. *shrug*

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...

...How can you be so negative?? just kidding...

I

imported_Founder

WoW! My prediction was correct! WooHoo hahahaha yey! hehehehe....hohoho...umm...hehe...* sniff