• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Krampus Event Poorly Thought Out

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did, yes. But I canceled some in between 2 runs. Guess, I shouldnt...
I cancel the Island ones and it does not affect the 3. Using a gate while on a trade or fighting Krampus resets the count.

I have not heard anyone on LS say they they did not get a drop after doing 3. They switch toons when one has 3.
You do get a Bag with just plain gems sometimes, but that is one of the drops...

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Does anyone know, if you kill 4 minions in the outskirts, but can't find the Krampus before he died, does that reset the counter of 3?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here is the important stuff from the notes.

Publish 103 – Ultima Online

• Krampus can only spawn when the required number of non-Moongate shortcut trade orders have been completed. Once this requirement has been met, Krampus can spawn regardless of moongate use status.

• Defeating Krampus will give a chance to all top attackers to acquire one of several rewards based on the number of trade orders they have completed since the last time they killed Krampus. Completing zero trade orders will give a very low chance of a reward, while completing 3 or more will guarantee a reward,

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is the important stuff from the notes.

Publish 103 – Ultima Online

• Krampus can only spawn when the required number of non-Moongate shortcut trade orders have been completed. Once this requirement has been met, Krampus can spawn regardless of moongate use status.

• Defeating Krampus will give a chance to all top attackers to acquire one of several rewards based on the number of trade orders they have completed since the last time they killed Krampus. Completing zero trade orders will give a very low chance of a reward, while completing 3 or more will guarantee a reward,
Ah, it guarantees a reward, but not for every attacker. just the top ones... thats not the spirit of Christmas ;-) i did everything what was required, without moongates, but no drops. seemingly, somebody else got the guaranteed reward...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ah, it guarantees a reward, but not for every attacker. just the top ones... thats not the spirit of Christmas ;-) i did everything what was required, without moongates, but no drops. seemingly, somebody else got the guaranteed reward...
NOOOOOO Guarantee is a Guarantee. If you get looting you get something.

There is no limit to rewards like some events. If 8 do 3. Then 8 get reward.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, Sir. I am sorry. But this is not true. We were about 4-8 people each time and 2-3 got a reward (maximum) and ALL had 3 quests at least!

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did your people get looting rights on Krampus? You likely have to do some damage to him.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I (elf) have no chance of getting the gargoyle recipes?
*You see Laura making a note to ask the Devs for recipes for "omelet" and "pancake" at the next Meet & Greet*

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, we did. And in the first one we were in party, in the 3 others not

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are your people making sure they don't run thru a moongate after they get their 3 trade non moongate runs?

I think moongates trigger a reset. So you get your three Pure runs, then hop a moongate to get to Krampus and that resets
it before you damage Krampus methinks?

Just to be sure, i just never ever go thru a moongate and have not had any issues.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I take moongates all the time and haven't had an issue. When I know Krampus is close to spawn, I will often hop in a moongate (with an empty trade order) and run to a clearing to try and get Krampus to spawn on me. I do this because he is so much easier to fight in a clearing than in the thick woods. This has never affected my 3 completed order guaranteed drop. I have, however, never completed a trade order through a moongate AFTER completing 3 correctly, so I cannot speak on whether that resets anything or not.

I do know that I have gotten a drop 100% of the time I was supposed to (3 completed trade orders, without using moongates). This includes kills where 15+ people showed up and killed him extremely fast.

If you are not getting a drop from Krampus you either:

a) Are completing trade orders through Moongates
b) Didn't complete 3 trade orders and had a bad roll on your non-guaranteed item
c) Did not do enough for looting rights (note, just because your PARTY got looting rights, doesn't mean you got individual looting rights)

If all the above conditions are met, it is working 100% of the time. My guild has killed Krampus over 50 times since it was released on Baja and have never had an issue.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok, what if I used a moongate AFTER I completed the third quest? Am I supposed to run to Krampus spawn location without using moongates, too?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you are not getting a drop from Krampus you either:
Do you know if a death resets the 3 trades?

I was on a route and someone needed a boat to skara so I took another toon to help. Came back dead with minions on me. Didnt get drop.

I also could have miscounted. been goofing off a lot today.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ok, what if I used a moongate AFTER I completed the third quest? Am I supposed to run to Krampus spawn location without using moongates, too?

No. You have to cancel the trade you are on when he spawns or turn it in. Then you can use gates while not on a trade route. We send gates to Krampus, so we use them.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do 3 with no gates on main toon. Log off. Do more on other toons. When Krampus spawns go back to main toon and kill him.

Then you wont be tempted to do other stuff. :)

If you do 3 correct. Then do a trade with a gate the 3 resest to 0.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Using a Moongate after or while in the process of doing the three does not reset the counter. Did this multiple times on Baja and just reconfirmed on Chesapeake. I would run the Brit ones to the land towns and moongate the island ones because it took just as long to run a trade order through a moongate as it did to cancel the trade order and have it reset.

And No dying does not reset it either, "tested" that many times while boating to my destinations.

If people are not getting drops, they are doing something wrong. Its as simple as that.

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nevermind, thanks for all the help. I am doing the Krampus because its fun, I dont need any of those drops. Good thing is, that crafters can make lots of those nice wearables with the recipes - so everybody will get nice hats and boots. I am just sad that there will be no gargish stuff on Siege, most probably. But thats no problem, I am just enjoying the fun! Thanks again and have a wonderful Christmas time!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
So... does Krampus spawn in certain locations? Or just totally random?

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Nevermind, thanks for all the help. I am doing the Krampus because its fun, I dont need any of those drops.
I will say this, all our testing has been on the prodo shards. Maybe there is a problem unique to siege. But it would have to be examined and brought up that way. Unfortunately we have no characters on siege to test with or we would.

Krampus is working as intended on prodo shards

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can second that. The only time I did not get a drop was when I knew that I had done only 2 trade runs. Other events even with very low damage due to switching a toon I got a drop.

Other question: Sometimes Krampus spawn progression seems to be broken at some stage. You can't get a progression by doing further trades, but you also don't get the info that Krampus spawned. Is a random timer behind that delay, so that you complete those 25 trades but Krampus will spawn after a while? Or does any other event delays this (eg ambushes that have not been killed and first have to despawn before Krampus can spawn)?

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I can second that. The only time I did not get a drop was when I knew that I had done only 2 trade runs. Other events even with very low damage due to switching a toon I got a drop.

Other question: Sometimes Krampus spawn progression seems to be broken at some stage. You can't get a progression by doing further trades, but you also don't get the info that Krampus spawned. Is a random timer behind that delay, so that you complete those 25 trades but Krampus will spawn after a while? Or does any other event delays this (eg ambushes that have not been killed and first have to despawn before Krampus can spawn)?
What we have observed is that your ambushers appear to be pre-determined at the time you get your trade order. For example:

- You get a trade order right after Krampus is killed, so it is definitely wave 1 (Slimes/Snakes)
- You need to afk a bit so sit in town with your trade order for, let's say, 45 minutes
- You come back, fill your order, and run it to town. While running you get ambushed and it is Slimes/Snakes still. This can lead you to believe it is still only on wave 1, but it really may be on wave 2/3/4, etc.

This seems to be the case with Krampus spawning as well. At some point a flag is reached and the system says "OK, time to spawn Krampus", and the next person to pick up a trade order will have theirs flagged to spawn Krampus. It doesn't appear to be locked to this person, however, but everyone that picks up an order after that point can be flagged to have Krampus spawn on their route (my guess is this is to prevent someone from getting the flag and then going afk, holding everyone up).

Typically what I will do when I know minions are spawning (as long as I have completed my 3 runs), is pick up a trade order and run out to a clearing and just stand there and wait for an ambush. If I get minions I cancel, reset, repeat. I keep doing this until either I get Krampus or someone else gets him. I do this so we can try to guarantee Krampus spawns in a favorable place (in a clearing, close to a town/moongate/landmark) so everyone can get to him easily.

Although one time I was running through the Hedge Maze for fun and got him to spawn on me in there... it actually wasn't too bad, put your pets on him and teleport over the hedges where he can't get to you~ Minion spawns were fun though!

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To the OP.

Like k said. They will get no drops if they don't do runs.

I have a toon camped in minoc to tell me when he is up.

I do 3 runs on a toon and camp him. Then switch to another toon and do as many as I can. I take the first toon that does 3 to krampus then take the next to the next one.

Many are doing this on multiple toons.
Sorry that is incorrect, I spent 4 hours yesterday running trade routes on two of my toons.

Krampus spawned on MY char when he was running from vesper to yew. At that time, from what I could tell, there was noone else running a trade route as noone came when the coords were given out in the message so after battling it solo for about 10 mins (with my two toons) i ended up yelling out in general chat for assistance.

About 5 people rocked up.

For all that flipping effort, 4 hours of running trades and then battling krampus for 15mins, i got a purse containing 1k gold and 15 bits of amber, 3 rubies and 4 emeralds, my second toon got pretty much the same only he got some diamonds. Absolutely NO decent reward.

Of two guys who showed up to help with that krampus, 1 got a whip, and another got a recipe for the santa hat. NEITHER of them had run a single trade route, in fact the guy who got the whip actually said "i got a whip is that any good?" Didn't even KNOW what a trade route was so I explained it to him.

This whole event is again a poorly thought out scenario. There should be NO CHANCE of a drop unless you have run at least MORE than three trade routes and even then the rewards should go to the highest routes number person on some kinda sliding scale, ie 0-3 no chance, 3-6 some chance, 6-10 good chance, 10+ excellent chance. Or something like that.

The ambusher mobs that spawn SHOULD OF HAD a slim chance of a drop after the third route done (including the whip) irrespective of the spawn level, so that there was a purpose to actually killing the mobs, right now there is no purpose unless you are just wanting to raise gold for the town. The time it takes to kill them is not worth the effort.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The ambusher mobs that spawn SHOULD OF HAD a slim chance of a drop after the third route done (including the whip) irrespective of the spawn level, so that there was a purpose to actually killing the mobs, right now there is no purpose unless you are just wanting to raise gold for the town. The time it takes to kill them is not worth the effort.
Or they should just nick your Trade Order like last year, so you HAVE to kill them to be able to finish?
For your experience, we guess the rewards are very random, you did get a reward on each, and the 2 others were very lucky with a random drop? If they'd scale it like how you suggest it, it means again the people with the most playing time get the best rewards, with others left behind. And it becomes a grind by default then?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For all that flipping effort, 4 hours of running trades and then battling krampus for 15mins, i got a purse containing 1k gold and 15 bits of amber, 3 rubies and 4 emeralds, my second toon got pretty much the same only he got some diamonds. Absolutely NO decent reward.
Sorry but you proved my point. You got a drop. A bad drop but was a drop. You get those 50% to 75 % of the time.

I have got a drop when I do 3 runs. When I do less than 3 I get no drop.

Some players are lucky with the RNG.

All should be able to participate. It is set up very well. Except for the drop that is just plain gems.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry but you proved my point. You got a drop. A bad drop but was a drop. You get those 50% to 75 % of the time.

I have got a drop when I do 3 runs. When I do less than 3 I get no drop.

Some players are lucky with the RNG.

All should be able to participate. It is set up very well. Except for the drop that is just plain gems.
You said: "Like k said. They will get no drops if they don't do runs."

THAT is incorrect, if you read my post two guys who had done NO RUNS AT ALL , one got the whip drop, the other a recipe for a hat. One of those guys didn't even know what a trade route was.

I don't care if I get the lower end drop, what I do care about is that the lower end drop shouldn't be 1k gold and a few gems, every coin purse should contain at least ONE of the lower end rewards. I can get more loot off a dragon. To spend 4 hours running trade routes and then killing krampus you should get a little more than less loot than what you get killing one dragon, especially if people who have done NO runs can walk off with the higher level rewards.

Anyways if you are happy with it all good, frankly I think it again rewards those people who put in zero effort at the expense of those who actually do the work to get the thing to spawn in the first place.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or they should just nick your Trade Order like last year, so you HAVE to kill them to be able to finish?
For your experience, we guess the rewards are very random, you did get a reward on each, and the 2 others were very lucky with a random drop? If they'd scale it like how you suggest it, it means again the people with the most playing time get the best rewards, with others left behind. And it becomes a grind by default then?
Perhaps, make it that you at least have to do 3 runs or NO CHANCE of a drop. And I don't consider that a coin purse with 1k and a handful of gems a reasonable reward for 4+ hours work do you?

Anyways I didn't start this thread, the OP has it right tho, as normal people will just sit and wait for everyone else to do the work and just show up for the finale. I obviously need to get more into that mindset. If you complain ppl think you are just miffed cause you didnt get the best drop, which in my case is not correct, I don't mind if I don't get a drop but I do mind when people who have done NO WORK (ie trade routes) do, especially when you spend hours busting your ass to advance the spawn. I am just gonna do like everyone else now, do 3 routes then sit and wait for it to spawn and not bother spending 4 hours running continuous routes for the 1k gold and some gems. No point in busting my ass for that.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
This whole event is again a poorly thought out scenario. There should be NO CHANCE of a drop unless you have run at least MORE than three trade routes and even then the rewards should go to the highest routes number person on some kinda sliding scale, ie 0-3 no chance, 3-6 some chance, 6-10 good chance, 10+ excellent chance. Or something like that.
Don't take this the wrong way, but this is the worst idea I have ever heard. You claim this event is poorly thought out, and your suggestion is to make it so you only get a guaranteed drop if you run 10+ trade orders? That is absolutely absurd. Other people joining in to kill Krampus in no way shape or form affects your drop rate. The drops are not limited. If you do 3 runs you get a drop. If you do less than 3, you only have a chance at a drop. When the shard is busy, you are lucky to get 3 trade orders done before Krampus spawns. Absolutely no one would do the event if you needed to do 10 orders to get a drop.

Does no one do this content on your shard? Most other shards seem pretty busy with people doing the content.

Krampus spawned on MY char when he was running from vesper to yew. At that time, from what I could tell, there was noone else running a trade route as noone came when the coords were given out in the message so after battling it solo for about 10 mins (with my two toons) i ended up yelling out in general chat for assistance.

About 5 people rocked up.
So you admit that you cannot kill Krampus by yourself and you needed to ask for help, yet you are pissed off that those that came and helped got rewarded for their efforts? Yes, let's make it so no one gets a drop, that is a sure-fire way to make everyone do the content.

THAT is incorrect, if you read my post two guys who had done NO RUNS AT ALL , one got the whip drop, the other a recipe for a hat. One of those guys didn't even know what a trade route was.
He was speaking in hyperbole. The chance to get a drop after doing no runs is extremely low it is essentially the same as not having a chance unless you are very lucky. I have done 7 kills myself without doing a trade order and none have received drops. I know @Khaelor is in the same boat, having done 10+ Krampus kills without being able to complete a trade order and getting no drop. The people on your shard got lucky.

I don't care if I get the lower end drop, what I do care about is that the lower end drop shouldn't be 1k gold and a few gems, every coin purse should contain at least ONE of the lower end rewards. I can get more loot off a dragon. To spend 4 hours running trade routes and then killing krampus you should get a little more than less loot than what you get killing one dragon, especially if people who have done NO runs can walk off with the higher level rewards.
Your similar post on the UO forums says otherwise.

Perhaps, make it that you at least have to do 3 runs or NO CHANCE of a drop. And I don't consider that a coin purse with 1k and a handful of gems a reasonable reward for 4+ hours work do you?
I think one thing everyone agrees with is that the Coin Purse with only Gold/Gems is crap and shouldn't happen.

Anyways I didn't start this thread, the OP has it right tho, as normal people will just sit and wait for everyone else to do the work and just show up for the finale. I obviously need to get more into that mindset. If you complain ppl think you are just miffed cause you didnt get the best drop, which in my case is not correct, I don't mind if I don't get a drop but I do mind when people who have done NO WORK (ie trade routes) do, especially when you spend hours busting your ass to advance the spawn. I am just gonna do like everyone else now, do 3 routes then sit and wait for it to spawn and not bother spending 4 hours running continuous routes for the 1k gold and some gems. No point in busting my ass for that.
Now you got the right idea. Do your 3 orders and just wait. You give others a chance to get their orders done and you don't burn yourself out. If other people want to sit around without doing any trade orders, then they will sit there for hours on hours wasting their time.

The entitlement from people in this thread is getting out of control.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Perhaps, make it that you at least have to do 3 runs or NO CHANCE of a drop.
That would indeed seem a better idea than the scaling based on number of trade runs (ie. time to play UO), that would also perhaps push more people to do runs so you won't have to run for 4 hours up and down to spawn the nasty thing?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Ok. I have got no drops without trade runs.One player got a whip on her first try. She did runs. The RNG is the RNG. The devs made it fair. Follow those guys around they will probably not get a drop again.

Like the swag thread, I am apathetic about players getting stuff by doing events without putting in effort. If it bothers you that much you should also go to that thread and let it bother you also.

He was speaking in hyperbole.
Yay I am Bilingual!

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't take this the wrong way, but this is the worst idea I have ever heard. You claim this event is poorly thought out, and your suggestion is to make it so you only get a guaranteed drop if you run 10+ trade orders? That is absolutely absurd. Other people joining in to kill Krampus in no way shape or form affects your drop rate. The drops are not limited. If you do 3 runs you get a drop. If you do less than 3, you only have a chance at a drop. When the shard is busy, you are lucky to get 3 trade orders done before Krampus spawns. Absolutely no one would do the event if you needed to do 10 orders to get a drop.
And if you read down I amended that to at least three or you have zero chance of a drop. So that people who have done NONE can't just wait for the boss to spawn. Initially i was thinking it should be more like doom where the more you do the more chance of a drop it is, so that it is cumulative and people who do a lot are eventually rewarded rather than the hit and miss this is. And by drop I dont mean coin purse with 1k gold and a handful of gems.

Does no one do this content on your shard? Most other shards seem pretty busy with people doing the content.
From what I have seen since this started, krampus on Oce is getting done ONCE a day, we are the lowest pop shard and it is seriously hard to complete more than one round, so yeah, if you spend 4+ hours running the routes to get it to go once then ya get pee'd off when people who have done zero routes get the rewards without helping on the spawn at all. If I logged in and hadn't done a route and krampus spawned I would still go help kill it as the shard isn't very big, but I certainly would have NO problem with being ruled out of any reward as I hadn't done a trade route, that is how it should be. To give you an idea tho, I logged on today at 10am, when I did it was on level 1 of the spawn frost spiders and frost ooze, it is now 4pm and it has just gone to white wyrms so has taken 6 hours to get there, I expect it will go sometime in another hour. I have personally done 21 trade routes so far so you are just lucky if on your shard you are lucky to get three in before it spawns, everyone is not so lucky.

So you admit that you cannot kill Krampus by yourself and you needed to ask for help, yet you are pissed off that those that came and helped got rewarded for their efforts? Yes, let's make it so no one gets a drop, that is a sure-fire way to make everyone do the content.
No I am pissed off that those who came had done 0 routes and got rewarded, you seem to want to overlook that. I called out for assistance so that others who didn't have a box on em at the time would know it had spawned and could come help. That is another problem with the way this is set up, unless you have a box on you you don't get the message irrespective of how many trade routes you have run. I am not pissed with the dudes who showed up, just with the SYSTEM that allows any player not have completed ONE route to get a reward, when at least another 4 of there who did do routes (and a ton of em) got either a lame coin purse with bugger all in and two others didn't even get that. The issue here is that if you have completed a trade route or 2 or 20 whatever you should get the message when krampus spawns and it shouldn't be ONLY if you have a current trade route box in your pack. That is my issue here, the fact that people who had done routes were online but got no message as they were 'between' routes. So you have to yell out to advise em. A system issue.

He was speaking in hyperbole. The chance to get a drop after doing no runs is extremely low it is essentially the same as not having a chance unless you are very lucky. I have done 7 kills myself without doing a trade order and none have received drops. I know @Khaelor is in the same boat, having done 10+ Krampus kills without being able to complete a trade order and getting no drop. The people on your shard got lucky.
Well that is not what I have seen it doesn't appear that it matters, on two of the ones I have completed others have stated that their experience has been the char that hadn't done the routes got better rewarded than those that had. Just because YOU have experienced differently doesn't mean you are 100% correct. If 6-7 of us were at that Krampus and the only 2 people who got more than a coin bag, got the better reward and neither had done a trade route the rng must surely need tweaking. Another there said he had done a krampus the day before and got a whip on his char that had also done no trade routes.But Pawain said they had NO CHANCE of a reward which is what I was pointing out was incorrect.

Your similar post on the UO forums says otherwise.
No it doesn't my beef is with the crap of the reward, coin purses with just 1k gold and a few gems are enough to really put a downer on the whole thing and should be amended to include at least one of the smaller things, branch whatever as a minimum, at least something for the effort.
That and the fact that if you have done 0 routes you should not be eligible for any reward other than loot off the body as any normal kill, no route, no drop is what I think is a much fairer system.

Those are my only two issues.
1. crap coin purse with less loot that a dragon carries after hours of work.
2. people doing no trade routes being eligible for a drop at all. (sure they can kill krampus but should only be 'entitled' to the body loot as the reward.

I think one thing everyone agrees with is that the Coin Purse with only Gold/Gems is crap and shouldn't happen.
Well yeah which was main the point of my thread on the other forum.

Now you got the right idea. Do your 3 orders and just wait. You give others a chance to get their orders done and you don't burn yourself out. If other people want to sit around without doing any trade orders, then they will sit there for hours on hours wasting their time.

The entitlement from people in this thread is getting out of control.
Well sorry for those of us on small shards where unless a half dozen people work like stink it will never spawn, even at EM events on this shard there are only about 20 people from the shard that turn up, if that, the rest are xsharders. Other people don't need to sit around they only need ONE char sitting around to be able to jump in on their others when the thing spawns.

My beef is with the fact that you don't have to do ANY trade routes to get a drop, pretty simple. If you are happy with people getting drops for no work all good, you be happy, not all of us can get 50 done in a few days like you.

As for entitlement, that comes from people who do bugger all work and expect to just jump in and get a drop, something you seem to be ok with as well. I don't consider working for hours on end just to get the thing to spawn once a day and then wanting more than 1k gold and a handful of gems as the 'reward' me feeling 'entitled'.

Anyways I didn't 'start' this thread and other people are experiencing the same kinda issue, not all are as lucky as you it seems.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
My beef is with the fact that you don't have to do ANY trade routes to get a drop, pretty simple. If you are happy with people getting drops for no work all good, you be happy, not all of us can get 50 done in a few days like you.

As for entitlement, that comes from people who do bugger all work and expect to just jump in and get a drop, something you seem to be ok with as well. I don't consider working for hours on end just to get the thing to spawn once a day and then wanting more than 1k gold and a handful of gems as the 'reward' me feeling 'entitled'.

Anyways I didn't 'start' this thread and other people are experiencing the same kinda issue, not all are as lucky as you it seems.
No one is saying you need to get 50 done. We like to test. We did the content on TC, we did the playtest with Kyronix on TC. We went to Baja when the patch was released there so we could make a guide for everyone. Having done 50 of them and never once encountering the issue of not getting an item when doing the required steps, just shows that there is operator error somewhere. Note: this is not about only receiving a Coin Purse with only Gold/Gems. We all agree this sucks, but as Kyronix said on the other forum, they have no plans to change anything, so I guess we have to deal with it.

There is a very small handful of people in this thread having issues with not getting drops. The vocal minority if you will. If there were widespread issues of people doing 3 trade orders correctly and not getting a drop, there would be much more outrage/complaints over it. As it stands now, there are only a few people complaining about it, so it seems to me the vast majority are having no issues with the content.

I'm sorry you are on a low pop shard that only does Krampus once a day. The people on the TC Playtest asked for Krampus to be made harder (I disagreed with this change for this exact reason).

I'm not lucky, considering 8 no-trade runs have yielded me no drop and the last 4 drops I have gotten have all been empty coin purses. Yes it sucks, but I just move on to the next kill. I'm also not lucky for having never not received a drop after doing 3 trade runs, I just do the event correctly.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No one is saying you need to get 50 done. We like to test. We did the content on TC, we did the playtest with Kyronix on TC. We went to Baja when the patch was released there so we could make a guide for everyone. Having done 50 of them and never once encountering the issue of not getting an item when doing the required steps, just shows that there is operator error somewhere. Note: this is not about only receiving a Coin Purse with only Gold/Gems. We all agree this sucks, but as Kyronix said on the other forum, they have no plans to change anything, so I guess we have to deal with it.

There is a very small handful of people in this thread having issues with not getting drops. The vocal minority if you will. If there were widespread issues of people doing 3 trade orders correctly and not getting a drop, there would be much more outrage/complaints over it. As it stands now, there are only a few people complaining about it, so it seems to me the vast majority are having no issues with the content.

I'm sorry you are on a low pop shard that only does Krampus once a day. The people on the TC Playtest asked for Krampus to be made harder (I disagreed with this change for this exact reason).

I'm not lucky, considering 8 no-trade runs have yielded me no drop and the last 4 drops I have gotten have all been empty coin purses. Yes it sucks, but I just move on to the next kill. I'm also not lucky for having never not received a drop after doing 3 trade runs, I just do the event correctly.
Actually I think it is more than just a handful of people in this thread. I have had a 'drop' each time so complaints like that do not apply to me (my total is 9, although all bar 2 -where i got a branch and a title- have been purses with 1k and gems), but I have spoken to at least 4 people who have completed the routes and not got a drop, one guy had done 12 using no gates and didn't get a drop, he was using a pet and was there from the beginning to the end of krampus and got looting rights and he was as you can imagine rightly pissed off.

I don't know as to how many people fall into this category, I guess a lot more than you think, as a LOT of people don't read forum, amazingly as that seems. I read up on how to do it before even bothering with it, so knew exactly the 'rules' for it. My issue is more that if they set up something like this they should make it a requirement that you have to of done at least ONE trade route to get a drop, they should of at least put 10k and a small item in the coin purse as a 'given' not less loot than killing a dragon and they should of made the message go out to all people who had completed a trade route between each spawn of krampus so that you didn't have to either have a box on you or had to keep checking the trade ministers, it kinda holds you up from doing anything else, and while on a shard where multiple krampus's (krampi :p) are spawned each day it isn't an issue as if you 'miss' one then you only need wait an hour for another, on small shards you really don't wanna 'miss' the one spawn a day especially as you can't really just get away with 3 trade routes as you need to actually 'work' it to even get that one spawn. Having to keep a box on you all day and having no recall/gate is a pain in the proverbial, but if you don't have a char logged in with one then you will not get the call.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've heard a lot of dissatisfaction with the amount of time and effort put in and the lack of reward for that time and effort... I myself am disgusted by the amount of time invested per reward and I have as well done as many as 12 trade runs... running them no gate... and gotten nothing...

The last time I tried doing Krampus on a gargish thrower I couldn't even hit Krampus as every 2 seconds I was surrounded by the minions that I couldn't get rid of and couldn't kill before they would kill me... leaving me dead at least 6 times and with zero return on my time invested doing the trade missions... very annoying.

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah "Invis" or smoke bombs is absolutely necessary to have a chance with this little terror. Tried to do Krampus with my archer but really got haunted and left, since I was not able to deal with the swarm.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Archer works, disarm macroes and invis pots are your friends here

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Wow...I really don't know what to say.....I guess for those of you who have been doing trade runs all along, those rewards mean nothing....for those of you who are just now doing trade runs to get Krampus stuff and are complaining...that's just not cool.

On Origin, I have killed...HELPED kill....Krampus twice....the first time I was actually running trades and he spawned while I was doing one...the second time, which was yesterday..I had JUST picked up my first trade since I killed him and my first ambush was minions so I knew he was going to spawn soon. I canceled my order so I could switch out my pet JUST as someone else on a run came shooting past me and BAM There he was spawned on top of this guy. So I recalled out, got a different pet and came back (Yes I marked a rune there) and called out in Gen chat...we killed him but I had done NO trade and knew I wasn't going to get anything..I killed him anyway because, well, I'm nice...and helpful....and it's fun doing stuff with other people on my shard that I don't normally do things with and props to those that DID get a reward, no matter the situation because that's what he's there for.

I have done trades from Skara to Minoc/Vesper and back....Yew to Trinsic....etc. yes they are LONG and FAR and omg I only got a pink for it....it's still something. So not only are you getting the rewards from trades but you're getting a cute little coin purse....yeah it's kind of a lame reward lol but it's a reward none the less. I guess it's just how you look at it....you're either the type of person who opens a gift on Christmas and finds that it's a pair of socks and A. you think to yourself..seriously? Why bother? OR B. you are GRATEFUL that you got something, ANYTHING at all and slip on that nice pair of comfy socks and say thank you!

I am a B person..I am quite happy with the chest full of pinks and mats that I have gotten from trades and have my neat little coin purse and gold branch proudly displayed at my Luna house.

Merth

Journeyman
Just as an aside for those doing trade runs for first time and I dont know how accurate this is...but when I kill the spawn (first level spiders and ooze?) i was getting 1.0 pinks and when I just kept running as the spawn was no challenge I would get .2 and .1 pinks or various materials (lumber and ingots)

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is a tamer-fest. If there are less than three pets on/near Krampus, you're going to get minioned to death.

(In my humble opinion I'd say that Krampus's ability to throw six minions at one person in one go is a bit too much.)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
He does throw them! And the one he throws them at is not always the one they attack right away.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The invis pots and being in Wraith form did help as well as I imbued me a 100% fire weapon with AI and Mortal on it so ... that helped as well managed to get the Minion earings recipe so I'm happy with that I'll keep trying till I can get me a silver branch and the minion boots recipe... maybe a naughty title.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
The invis pots and being in Wraith form did help as well as I imbued me a 100% fire weapon with AI and Mortal on it so ... that helped as well managed to get the Minion earings recipe so I'm happy with that I'll keep trying till I can get me a silver branch and the minion boots recipe... maybe a naughty title.
Naughty naughty!!;)

Thargor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
so, I think main problem that pisses off people - "coin purse" SHOULD NOT be a drop - PERIOD. There is nothing unique about 1.6k of gold and some store available gems. Make it go away, put something unique instead and people will be happy, I know I will be (thats from personal experience of doing 3 krampuses, investing close to 15+ hours and getting those purses with mentioned items)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If the coin purse reduced weight of gold by 50% then that would make up for it.

It is difficult to explain to someone who tries it for the first time. Ya that coin purse with some basic gems is a drop... You won!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
If the coin purse reduced weight of gold by 50% then that would make up for it.

It is difficult to explain to someone who tries it for the first time. Ya that coin purse with some basic gems is a drop... You won!
Great idea! Make a weight reduction item !! That would be awsesome!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd suggested that the coin purse be a bag that was immune from being rummaged by mobs. So you could put things in it and they were "safe," but it and its contents would still fall to your corpse and be lootable by players in Fel.