• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Khaldun Hidden Chests And Puzzles

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
The second switch dont show as an item you just have to see and target it. Its on the right side where the stone has been lifted. Its not in a wall rather on the ground.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You can only see it after the first switch is triggered... also for some insane reason there is a giant Ogre corpse on the spot where it is at least on GL's .. which is super annoying... but you can still trigger it with cctrl+shift..

Miss Twilight Eyes

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sigh. I found a relic of hydros today (by the champ spawn of course!) and the chest disappeared right after I opened it.

Also did fel hidden chests for a while tonight - didn't notice that the drops were any better there. One cultist item and a couple of counterfeit platinum out of 15-20 chests. One puzzle box with stuff in it (nothing good) and one empty.

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
got maybe a new item today resembling the black staff earlier mentioned - it reads "Ritual Tome" and can only deciphered by high spirit speak

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
got maybe a new item today resembling the black staff earlier mentioned - it reads "Ritual Tome" and can only deciphered by high spirit speak
Cult ambusher quest line item, from last year. There's like... 12 of them I wanna say? Though I don't know if they all spawn in chests.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I cannot find the second switch in the wall, even I know where it should be.
I found chests everywhere in khaldun riding with gm dh. Got 3 relics, one painting and 5 false platin. Maps from lvl 4 to 6.
You have to pop the first switch, for the rocks hiding the second switch to disappear. It's unlike many later things, in that it was apparently programmed to not actually show in object handles until actually out. I've seen too many more recent designs that had "hidden" stuff found out of order, because the item was just buried under something, and people went around using CTRL-SHIFT, taking all the mystery out of the event.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
funny... wasn't able to get a single one. Worked hundreds of chests. The old UO RNG :gee:

Same for me, same for all the rogues in my guild. :mad:
(I have a tally chart of at least 50 chests per day since this thing started).

I think we are blacklisted...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I got 1 and that was before things were "on" and haven't seen another since.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
funny... wasn't able to get a single one. Worked hundreds of chests. The old UO RNG :gee:
Tell me about it, I've ran chests for 3-4 weeks now with 120 Stealing (complete waste of skill points) clearing the place for 4-6 hours a day, got more cult items than I care for and various other crap that is'nt even worth any trash points!!! Not once have I seen a stealable item!

Disappointing and I just can't be arsed with it anymore.

I'll buy them if they pop up on vendors, quicker to make the gold!

All of the items should have required Stealing in my opinion, paintings and all the old crap too.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I've yet to see a stealable or anything more interesting than the paintings and counterfeit platinum.

It also seems like the boxes are spawning much, much less frequently since the spawn went live. :(

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really wish they would take out the lockpicks and smoke bombs. 95+% of the chests have one or the other in them. And some still are empty and others it tells you that you cant take the items out of it. Someone in General Chat yesterday had a relic in one of the Puzzle Chests but he couldnt steal it. I went down and I couldnt steal it either. About half hour after, I was making my rounds and that same chest reset. I unlocked it and the Relic was still inside. I ended up stealing it and giving it to the person in Gen Chat. It just shows that the chest and rewards are still messed up.
Also I have noticed that if the Champ spawn is being worked, the less of a chance I had finding any type of item let alone Relics.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was reading over the patch notes to see when all this was ending and read this:

Hidden & Puzzle Chests

Throughout Khaldun these treasure troves can be found to reward the discerning rogue with a number of premium rewards including,

• Rare stealable decorative relics
  • New decorative paintings
  • Artifacts of the Cult
  • Peculiar decorative items of the cult
  • Decorative counterfeit platinum
  • Helpful items such as bandages, arrows, bolts, lockpicks, gold and gems
Does anyone know what Peculiar Decorative items of the cult they are talking about. I have found everything else mentioned

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was reading over the patch notes to see when all this was ending and read this:

Hidden & Puzzle Chests

Throughout Khaldun these treasure troves can be found to reward the discerning rogue with a number of premium rewards including,

• Rare stealable decorative relics
  • New decorative paintings
  • Artifacts of the Cult
  • Peculiar decorative items of the cult
  • Decorative counterfeit platinum
  • Helpful items such as bandages, arrows, bolts, lockpicks, gold and gems
Does anyone know what Peculiar Decorative items of the cult they are talking about. I have found everything else mentioned

I believe these are the old Trade Route deco item rewards rehashed. I did actually get these.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just be curious - any one else except Grim Reefer who found a complete set? How long did you search - hours a day, how many days or weeks? With luck on suit or without? And was Felucca more succesful than the Trammel side.

For myself: I'm very frustated about this part of the event. It makes a lot of fun, but after 4 - 6 hours I become great headaches and had to stop it for a while.
After 6 Weeks daily seeking in a rough now - null - niente - nada ;) . I think I ain't no longer nerves for it.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Done +500 chests over the last week. Abt 2-3 hrs a day (couple time 4 hrs) and have yet to find anything stealable.

Got couple sets of all paintings and most everything else including 1 blackrock staff. Never seen a single relic:(.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Done +500 chests over the last week. Abt 2-3 hrs a day (couple time 4 hrs) and have yet to find anything stealable.

Got couple sets of all paintings and most everything else including 1 blackrock staff. Never seen a single relic:(.
Same it's annoying... but more likely it's the RNG hating on me as always... Never seen the staff either... so yeah I got 1 relic before the real beginning from the chests have yet to see one since.

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thought I was the only sad man, but there are comrads... got boline, goblet, dried incense, pentagram adorned wand, ritual tome, tons of daemonic amulet/odly modified gorgets/souls trapped in phylactery, but still missing the staff and the map. No new relic since the one magic half an hour when I got 2 relics of Lithos, but this was 10 days ago and since then I did any hour I could spent the chests - hidden and puzzle. Was already thinking that maybe the patches killed the spawning of the relics.

By the way - if someone needs the boline and has a double staff or map to swap - I also have doubles of incense, goblet and wand. And if someone has a double relic - I would gladly swap one of my Lithos ones for a different one :)