• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Khaldun Hidden Chests And Puzzles

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone been able to find any hidden chests in Khaldun? I have searched and searched but cant find any. The Puzzle chests are everywhere but I cant seem to get the items out of the boxes. I have tried stealing but it always tells me I cant pick that up.
Is anyone else finding these hidden chests or able to get items out of the puzzle boxes?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are checking on Test shard right? as it's not on live shards yet.

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
The chests on test shard are currently bugged but I haven’t found any hidden ones but that makes sense to me since they are hidden :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes this is on Test.. I have GM Detect Hidden and usually if you walk by something hidden you receive a message but have yet to find anything hidden.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
-An issue where hidden chests in Khaldun would not respawn has been resolved and will no longer erroneously become puzzle boxes.
-An issue which caused some puzzle boxes to be unable to be looted has been resolved.

From the latest update on Test patch notes.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone been able to find any hidden chests in Khaldun? I have searched and searched but cant find any. The Puzzle chests are everywhere but I cant seem to get the items out of the boxes. I have tried stealing but it always tells me I cant pick that up.
Is anyone else finding these hidden chests or able to get items out of the puzzle boxes?
Found um. Not worth the effort, so far. Couple hundred gold and a junk magic item or two. Best thing I found was one with a bag of 3-11 of each gem.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Found um. Not worth the effort, so far. Couple hundred gold and a junk magic item or two. Best thing I found was one with a bag of 3-11 of each gem.
Kinda as messed up as the ones in Exodus... I wanted to get the scrappers ingredients there and once upon a time you could but now they aren't there anymore it's just junk. Not worth the lockpicks.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kinda as messed up as the ones in Exodus... I wanted to get the scrappers ingredients there and once upon a time you could but now they aren't there anymore it's just junk. Not worth the lockpicks.
Supposed to be rares in the chests, but I haven't found any so far.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Supposed to be rares in the chests, but I haven't found any so far.
I used to find them all the time... but last time I was down there trying to get some ....... never found anything but gems and junk.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to find them all the time... but last time I was down there trying to get some ....... never found anything but gems and junk.
I got 2 cult items on my last run through, which was all I ever got in several hours doing it. Yet to see any of the rares.

May I add, as I feel I do every year or so, remove trap is a completely useless skill. It really irritates me how ****ty it is on every level.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I got 2 cult items on my last run through, which was all I ever got in several hours doing it. Yet to see any of the rares.

May I add, as I feel I do every year or so, remove trap is a completely useless skill. It really irritates me how ****ty it is on every level.
I agree totally useless skill...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I found them in the puzzle boxes. I do not have a place to upload pictures too. If someone could give me an idea where to do that, I would be happy too.
You can upload them directly to Stratics with the "Upload a file" button.

Starry Icye

Adventurer
Here is what I have so far. I just got a demonic amulet. Looks like some of the "special" items are rehashed from last years quest to make the titan slayer artifact.

Attachments

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
So are the items (demonic amulet, incense etc)exactly the same as the ones from the story arc last year, not re-hued or anything? A few people tried to collect a full set and spent a lot of time on it, so if these items are exactly the same then that is disappointing, considering how hard it was to get some of them.

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
So are the items (demonic amulet, incense etc)exactly the same as the ones from the story arc last year, not re-hued or anything? A few people tried to collect a full set and spent a lot of time on it, so if these items are exactly the same then that is disappointing, considering how hard it was to get some of them.
Exactly what I was thinking... took me so long to get that last item last year for the full set. But on another note if we can rehash the double and triples and all the others from last year that will be nice.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exactly what I was thinking... took me so long to get that last item last year for the full set. But on another note if we can rehash the double and triples and all the others from last year that will be nice.

Yeah that was kinda deflating to see those in there, cause I too spent -way- too much time getting the whole set during that event. I'm not mad about it or anything, I think it's a fine inclusion, still it's a real woof moment, heh.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
My husband and I were doing those trade quests every day and we only managed one full set between us, some of the items just didn't seem to drop for us.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My husband and I were doing those trade quests every day and we only managed one full set between us, some of the items just didn't seem to drop for us.
Yeah the most annoying thing was that I got all but like two almost right away... but then the last two just wouldn't drop. I ended up with 5+ of everything but the last two.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The gloves and bow just look like "of the cult" artifacts which can also spawn in the chests.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who in their right mind would want a picture of a Lich (distinctly hears the lich laugh in own head) hanging on their wall???? :eek:
You lot are sick sometimes....just plain creepy....o.0

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@MalagAste You are mis-remembering, the scrappers ingredients come from stealing from Exodus Zealots, it's imbuing essences that can be found in the chests.
However, scrappers ingredients have been added to the Khaldun boxes in this last update.
I have spent a lot of time testing this part of the publish, I share with you now my booty.
khaldun.JPG

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Are those bars in chests? Are there any stealables in the dungeon? I looked last night but couldn't find any. None.of the hidden chests I found had special items in them.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@MalagAste You are mis-remembering, the scrappers ingredients come from stealing from Exodus Zealots, it's imbuing essences that can be found in the chests.
However, scrappers ingredients have been added to the Khaldun boxes in this last update.
I have spent a lot of time testing this part of the publish, I share with you now my booty.
View attachment 86859
All I've ever gotten from stealing from those guys is gold... tiny amounts of gold like 24 or 26 gold pieces... Haven't seen any of the scrappers stuff the last several times I've been down in Exodus trying to get keys

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@MalagAste You need snooping in your template to get anything other than gold, I got a dreadhorn mane from one only last week, but the Exodus zealots don't just give scrappers ingredients, I also got a bark fragment from one and I've had other ML ingredients in the past.
@Silent Singer yes, the counterfeit platinum bars are in the chests. There are no stealables in the dungeon, but Kyronix posted that there is a very rare something that spawns in chests that is stealable. Presumably you can't take it out if you don't steal it. I didn't find that, no idea what it is.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those artifacts are still dropping from the regular trade quest ambushers. I received incense just a couple days ago. The drop rate is ridiculously low, though.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Today I haven’t got anything not even one of the colored bags

Did they turn it off !

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I get the lich portrait, but I'm not 100% sure what this other one is supposed to be. A lumberjack walking away from a stump? A man wearing a Native American-style headdress? A strange fish monster (murloc?) with a big googly eye?

Screenshot (113).png Screenshot (112).png

Also, I can't dye these, and that makes me sad. My character would totally have been proud of her large portrait of her grandmother, but she only deals in bright colors.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I get the lich portrait, but I'm not 100% sure what this other one is supposed to be. A lumberjack walking away from a stump? A man wearing a Native American-style headdress? A strange fish monster (murloc?) with a big googly eye?

View attachment 87319 View attachment 87320

Also, I can't dye these, and that makes me sad. My character would totally have been proud of her large portrait of her grandmother, but she only deals in bright colors.
Where and what are you getting those off of

Also have you gotten any today ?

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Where and what are you getting those off of

Also have you gotten any today ?
Found in hidden chests in Khaldun today.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you

Is there multiple levels in this dungeon, I can’t figure out how to get in the other rooms

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've gotten 5 Taint, 5 Corruption, smoke bombs, lock picks, a bunch of gems and 2 Cult Drops from the chests. No paintings yet. I only have the JoAT 20 Snooping so not sure if I have to add GM on to my already tight build or not.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have zero snooping

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The other painting FYI is a zombie...

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ummm okay so why exactly do we all want portraits of zombies and liches?? Maybe for Halloween decor...:confused:

Timothy4464

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Has this been asked? How often can you do each of the puzzle boxes in Khaldun? I try to do the same one and it ends up being empty. Is there a timer? if someone tries it inbetween the first time and the respawn, does it reset the timer to start over again?

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 0 snooping and 0 luck and have received 3 different paintings, peerless loot, counterfeit platinum, and of the cult items. Havent seen the blackrock staff yet. Did you have to steal the staff? There is suppose to be an item that you have to steal out of the chest but have yet to see anything.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Snooping, if you read my posts, is needed for stealing from zealots in Exodus. It is not relevant in Khaldun.