• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Khaldun Hidden Chests And Puzzles

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when I posted about snooping it was in reply to a post by @MalagAste about stealing from zealots in Exodus dungeon. It is not needed in Khaldun See my post earlier in this thread.

James Krieg

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
been getting lots of the counterfeit platinum ingots, lots of the old last year titan items, necklaces, gorgets, ect.. my question is why? why give us the useless deco items most people through out the door last year because it was so abundant it was worthless. the new paintings are nice, I give them that but seems pretty weak of them to throw all the junk deco from a year ago in and call it great loot. I hope they have something better in mind for halloween items to be had. seems like lazy programming lately. so many bugs, not much of anything people want. only good thing really was the updated keep and castles minus the bugs.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yep, hadda steal it, one fail - also have 120 stealing.... kinda anxious to see what the fire one looks like

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are they going to add more puzzle boxes? On test every static box was a puzzle. Now there is hardly any.
I’m not sure exactly how those work and are there even any good items in them

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i was pleasantly surprised last night when i finally got in to try the new hidden crates, i pulled out 7 Dread Horn Manes among other items in the hour i was down there, with some taint as well.

Starry Icye

Adventurer
I’m not sure exactly how those work and are there even any good items in them
On test, I was getting all of the new items strictly through the puzzle chests. They even said that there was a higher chance to get the new "rares" through the puzzles, but so far i have only found two puzzle chests on Sonoma Tram side.

Edit: I went to Fel and found a few more puzzles. Once I completed the puzzle the box opened and there was nothing in them. Only thing I think of is, maybe the puzzles will not be turned on until Oct 1st?

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
On test, I was getting all of the new items strictly through the puzzle chests. They even said that there was a higher chance to get the new "rares" through the puzzles, but so far i have only found two puzzle chests on Sonoma Tram side.

Edit: I went to Fel and found a few more puzzles. Once I completed the puzzle the box opened and there was nothing in them. Only thing I think of is, maybe the puzzles will not be turned on until Oct 1st?
No they are supposed to have stuff if you find some that are empty send a bug report with the coordinates and shard to Kyronix..or bleak

Starry Icye

Adventurer
No they are supposed to have stuff if you find some that are empty send a bug report with the coordinates and shard to Kyronix..or bleak
Well that brings up another question. Should all colored chests in the dungeon be puzzle boxes? They were before the patch, and still are on Test Center.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found my Relic in hidden chest by the enterance.

Thanks for this.

I have done 50 billion trillion chests so far, and not found a Relic.

I think they look really cool, will go flat out to find them.

I'm really not a deco person, but these have got me...

You've given me hope I can find them.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Found Relic Of Pyros and another blackrock staff today in hidden chests.
Relic 2.png

Last edited:

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wonder what the drop rate is. I've only gotten 2 paintings, 3 fake platinum, and 5-6 cult items so far, albeit in fairly short time trying.
Not sure but I got 1 yesterday and 1 today. Both were in Fel. Fel diffently is the place for these hidden chests. In 4 days I have 100 cult items 3 relics 7 platinum 20 paintings and 2 more full sets of the Event Ambush items with extras.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure but I got 1 yesterday and 1 today. Both were in Fel. Fel diffently is the place for these hidden chests. In 4 days I have 100 cult items 3 relics 7 platinum 20 paintings and 2 more full sets of the Event Ambush items with extras.
Ok, you want a race huh?
You got a race. :D

Thanks for the info, awesome.

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Are they going to add more puzzle boxes? On test every static box was a puzzle. Now there is hardly any.
Hell every puzzle box I've solved is empty. Why bother doing a puzzle if nothing respawned in it?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know if siege counts as fel or not. :(

Miss Twilight Eyes

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What skill lockpicking is minimum for the chests? I'm working to raise mine.

As a side note - I didn't get the messages on the hidden items reliably until I took my detect hidden from 79 to 97.5. Still increasing now....

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
What skill lockpicking is minimum for the chests? I'm working to raise mine.

As a side note - I didn't get the messages on the hidden items reliably until I took my detect hidden from 79 to 97.5. Still increasing now....
this will probably not help you very much..... but mine works very reliably at GM.
and post count +1 achieved.

Brianna of Sonoma

Visitor
UNLEASHED
so im annoyed i found a chest opened it and it had a 255 stone relic of lithos or something like that in it
i spent well over a minute trying to steal said item with 120 natural stealing and it just kept saying you cannot steal this item not you fail to steal the item but you cannot steal this item...what is up with that i went to take a screenshot and the chest timed out and disappeared which made me even more annoyed

Brianna of Sonoma

Visitor
UNLEASHED
upload_2018-9-27_10-59-48.png

completed the puzzle opened the chest and it is empty

@Bleak @Kyronix

sorry i dont have a sextant on me to give the exact coordinates but this isn't the first red chest i have solved and had be completely empty when i open them

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
View attachment 87568

completed the puzzle opened the chest and it is empty

@Bleak @Kyronix

sorry i dont have a sextant on me to give the exact coordinates but this isn't the first red chest i have solved and had be completely empty when i open them
Most of the puzzle chests on Atlantic are empty so I see no point in doing the puzzle chests. Have been since it started. I have reported them several times but still come up empty.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most of the puzzle chests on Atlantic are empty so I see no point in doing the puzzle chests. Have been since it started. I have reported them several times but still come up empty.
Well I guess they still have a few days before the event officially starts, who knows.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I had a puzzle chest that was empty at 9 PM Eastern last night, but when I redid it (for practice) about 4 hours later, it had refilled. The other one I tried stayed empty regardless across that time.

I have a human sneaker (hiding/stealth/steal/DH/LP with necro) that did not get the notices about passively detecting stuff until about 83 DH skill. This actually started WHILE I was training up the skill in Kotl City before heading back to Khaldun.

And, I believe that the people riding by at mounted speed are wasting their time unless they are near GM DH, and maybe even then. I was stealthing, finding boxes and chests, and I saw a friend ride by several times at high speed, looking for the chests, and apparently they never got any messages despite having better skill than mine. The only chest they apparently detected was at the dungeon entrance, where they naturally were NOT running as they entered. So, try searching for the hidden stuff at WALKING speeds, on foot - your luck will probably improve.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i stealth in llama form which is pretty fast moving with GM Detect and i see all the chests.
when i get bored i run around mounted and full speed and i still see all the chests.
sometimes i run through full tilt and make a mental note of where the chests are then i hide at the end of the hallway and work my way back through them.

'GM or go home' looks to be the motto of the day.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
i was pleasantly surprised last night when i finally got in to try the new hidden crates, i pulled out 7 Dread Horn Manes among other items in the hour i was down there, with some taint as well.
I finally got one of the smaller painting today, got some taint and mane the other day as well, we thieves are our worst nightmares on the Fel side, we keep revealing everyone when detect hidden is used, LOL. The Tram side Poo someone pop the champ yesterday and today, both times 4 red candles, but no one is fighting it. Yet on Atlantic all the hype is the costumes you can get doing that Tram Champ there.

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i stealth in llama form which is pretty fast moving with GM Detect and i see all the chests.
when i get bored i run around mounted and full speed and i still see all the chests.
sometimes i run through full tilt and make a mental note of where the chests are then i hide at the end of the hallway and work my way back through them.

'GM or go home' looks to be the motto of the day.
What skill allows you to run in stealth as a lama ?

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does luck have anything tondo with the loot.

I have done about 100 of them and get nothing.

Or do the UO gods just hate me like everyone else lol

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I found my Relic in hidden chest by the enterance.
At the entrance? Was this in Fel?

I ask because on Napa / Tram the chests only spawn near at the champ spawn. I've never had one spawn anywhere else

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When we spent an hour there in tram. Chests and crates were everywhere. We did not have to go into the spawn because we found them so often. Did not get anything good.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
At the entrance? Was this in Fel?

I ask because on Napa / Tram the chests only spawn near at the champ spawn. I've never had one spawn anywhere else
The spawning of the chests is randomly distributed throughout the dungeon... that said most people are too chicken or unable to go in and fight off the spawn at the champ while trying to get the chests there so they only do the ones that are NOT in the champ area... after doing that for a long while what happens is what you see.... the spawn of the chests are then ONLY in the champ area until someone braves that area and clears them out.

What annoys the crap outta me is people come in one or two at a time on a sampire .... whack at the spawn until it hits level 2 or 3 then they get quickly overwhelmed and leave... making it nearly impossible to work the chests in the spawn area... if they would finish what they started then all the stealthers and non stealthers benefit and can quickly clear all the hidden chest from the spawn area when the champ is dead.

Now as for the static chests and puzzle chests I haven't ever found a single worthwhile item in any of them ... I've done the puzzles and the chests and often it's either empty or just a few garbage items... not found a single cultist item, painting, or anything else in any of them so I quit bothering to do them.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Of course, if the number of hidden stuff starts to decline, be sure to check the puzzle chest room, and the room you have to use switches to enter.

On LA, the only boxes I spotted earlier were 3 in the middle of the champ, and therefore not really an option. I went over, popped the switches, and proceeded to find SEVEN in that sealed area.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
went over, popped the switches, and proceeded to
I cannot find the second switch in the wall, even I know where it should be.
I found chests everywhere in khaldun riding with gm dh. Got 3 relics, one painting and 5 false platin. Maps from lvl 4 to 6.