• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Items need to break!!

Y

Yewish News

The likes of Der Rock and Connor personify everything I have came to despise in this game. Players of their ilk seem to want to destroy interaction, community and competition in favour of a dry hack and slash game filed with pixel crack. They are the complete antithesis of everything this game was meant to be about.. truly saddening.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I suppose if I played a thief on a production shard, you'd be right. Sorry...

...la

[/ QUOTE ]
Is that a pet ball?

Doh!

G

You make a good point. To me it feels like most of the people today mostly the aos allstars forget or dont understand about the core of ultima online, with out it well its just another MMO.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You make a good point. To me it feels like most of the people today mostly the aos allstars forget or dont understand about the core of ultima online, with out it well its just another MMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
Either that or we have been here as long or longer than you and simply don't agree with you. Couldn't be that couldn't it?

G

As I suggested in an earlier post in this thread, the Devs have implemented randomization of resources and it has no purpose. If that were compounded that with certain resources you got certain results it might make the randomization usefull and at the same time lead people to rely on resource gatherers instead on their own alternates. I mentioned thatmany I speak to seem to have difficulty in getting exactly the resource they want in the amounts they need.

I understand people can gather constantly when they dont need to. That would make them resource gatherers not adventurers. I also understand that Connor has posted his way of the never ending lock on a type of resource. But either more will follow his lead, or maybe they will just buy the materials from another.

So to answer you in short, Imagine if Agapite added specific properties when used to enhance or repair a item and had an impact of the other skills the reparer had. For example a Mage Smith enhansing a weapon who also has arms lore vs a Necromancer Smith without armslore vs a Bushido Smith. Get my point here?

I

imported_Felinious-CWS

You do not need any arties to kill any monster..I can kill every monster in this game with GM weapons and armour..its beyond me why anyone would spend 3 years, or any amount of time hunting for the "perfect suit" ive been wearing nothing but GM gear for years, when i need a new suit(which is daily) i buy one from a crafter.

Yes make things break!!

Y

Yewish News

<blockquote><hr>

You do not need any arties to kill any monster..I can kill every monster in this game with GM weapons and armour..its beyond me why anyone would spend 3 years, or any amount of time hunting for the "perfect suit" ive been wearing nothing but GM gear for years, when i need a new suit(which is daily) i buy one from a crafter.

Yes make things break!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Because people want to solo everything - and if the Devs make a monster too tough for them to take solo, they cry like waffles.

G

I'm not arguing that point. This thread is about item decay and breaking. Should crafting change in such a way to accomodate it then I'll be all for it. If different metals and armors can be used in combination to make the properties that we need to play then no problem, I'm onboard.

It won't make the economy any better however. It will make it worse. Instead of buying the items that I havn't been lucky enough to craft myself I will be able to tailor make all the gear I need with the mods I need and so will all the others with crafters. The few players that don't have crafters will need to buy goods unless they are friends with one that won't mind doing it for them. I myself know a whole host of people with crafters that would make anything anyone wanted for free. This "problem" that people claim exists is not even close to as black and white and many paint it to be. If it was it would have been changed long ago.

I

imported_ElRay

<blockquote><hr>

Pre aos almost everyone had a crafter also and items broke even on a failed repair and it sure as hell didnt stop them from buying gear from our local smiths and tailors.!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats because Pre AoS a piece of armor didnt cost 10+mil apiece, thats because Pre AoS a good weapon didnt cost 20+mil.....hell I just sold a kryss for 50mil few days ago

I

imported_ElRay

<blockquote><hr>

I have a mage suit that is 12mr, 40 lmc, 100 lrc, 45dci,32 hci, +various other mods hp inc,manna inc, resists are 68,83,70,85,70. didnt take long to put together at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call bullsh!t....didnt take long at all, i burn kits left and right, and my suit isnt close to that.....post pics or its lies

G

I dont need to post nothing. I dont care if you believe me or not. My suits dont consist of just item I make only a fool would do that and wait 3 years to finish his/her suit. Supporting our local crafters 4teh win

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I have a mage suit that is 12mr, 40 lmc, 100 lrc, 45dci,32 hci, +various other mods hp inc,manna inc, resists are 68,83,70,85,70. didnt take long to put together at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call bullsh!t....didnt take long at all, i burn kits left and right, and my suit isnt close to that.....post pics or its lies

[/ QUOTE ]
It's easy to replace because he has lots of money by some means or another. Half his posts talk about him dropping 3 or 4 mil on something all the time. No wonder why replacing items don't bother him huh? Or the thieves? The ones that wear clothes or play on Siege. They all have reason why they don't care if things are added without thought so long as it follows their perceived objectives.

R

Repowski

Guys, you're basically asking for a revert. The devs have decided to improve the break system by giving us the system we have. I'm afraid it wouldn't improve much to go back to the old system.

While I do agree that it seems strange that something can last forever, reduces the demand for new items... I don't think this is great enough of a cause to revert our system.

I

imported_ElRay

<blockquote><hr>

I dont need to post nothing. I dont care if you believe me or not. My suits dont consist of just item I make only a fool would do that and wait 3 years to finish his/her suit. Supporting our local crafters 4teh win

[/ QUOTE ]

oh god lets get literal then....ok i have been burning mad kits left and right AND(there ya go big boy the and part is for you!!) i have been actively searching for armor pieces on MULTIPLE SHARDS for a long time, and my suits mods still do not have the mods yours claims to have...

So unless you want to be called a big fat liar when you claim such bold claims, post pics or stfu already about your "12mr, 40 lmc, 100 lrc, 45dci,32 hci, +various other mods hp inc,manna inc, resists are 68,83,70,85,70. didnt take long to put together at all" suit kk? Post pics or stfu

C

Connor_Graham

"Supporting our local crafters 4teh win "

Supporting overpriced Luna vendors FTL.

C

Connor_Graham

"The likes of Der Rock and Connor personify everything I have came to despise in this game. Players of their ilk seem to want to destroy interaction, community and competition"

Hmm....normally it's deities that get personified....

I happen to have quite a bit of interaction with the community via my vendors, and playing the shopkeeper every time I drop runes, which is several times a week. I have a fairly large client base due to this, who come to me first so they don't have to pay Luna prices. They also look to me for crafted items, and anything out of the norm that I usually don't carry in hopes I can procure it for them. Then there's always the interaction I have while out hunting, which is quite a bit.

If that isn't enough for you, maybe I should hold a community block party or neighborhood garage sale.......

G

If your focus is to improve the population of the game, then why try to implement a plan to run off the majority of todays player base?

What I don't understand, is how so many players in this game have bank accounts full of gold? I've played off and on for years dating back to pre tram, pub 16, and aos. I've quit a couple of times or took long breaks. I've got the gold I have thru brokers, and selling the few EM event items I collected. With out the EM events, or those of you selling millions of gold. I'd never be able to afford artifacts, powerscrolls, runic kits, etc.

So if you want to make comparisons of todays game, to that of the past, you need to consider the fact that armor and weapons all have mods, and all cost millions of gold. Compared to that of armor with no mods, and silver vanq weapons that dropped as loot on most high end monsters. Lets see anyone could obtain armor or weapons for next to nothing, i mean what was the most expensive armor back then? Valorite Platemail? And that would cost what 5-10k? That didn't take to much to replace, infact you didn't even need it, as most pvpers ran around on horseback naked or wearing a deathrobe.

You can't compare item breakage from the "good ol days" to the current state of the game. Just because a few of you can go drop millions at the drop of a hat when your armor breaks or gets lost doesn't mean everyone could. Infact with out item insurance all pvpers would leave their good gear at home in fear of losing it upon death. And you can say you wouldn't but I know how it was, I played a thief in those days, and other than an occasional boat key or regs, wasn't much worth stealing then either.

On top of that as already stated, item breakage would't return your crafters to their glory days, as most people have 6-7 character slots, and have their own crafters that they would turn too. I do currently sell armor and weapons, and I don't sell much of it, but i'm not the one crying for item breakage. So until these items you want to break can be easily replaced, then I see no point. And easily replaced, means for everyone!!! Not just the few eliteist with millions of gold, that was probably duped back in the good old days.

G

<blockquote><hr>

"Supporting our local crafters 4teh win "

Supporting overpriced Luna vendors FTL.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont shop from luna vendors only a couple. I shop and buy from our local pvp community for the most part.

G

I've said it before and will say it again... Two changes:

1. Powder of Fort is issued the same code as Powder of Transferance in that an item that is powdered a certain number of times becomes "saturated" and can no longer be powdered.

2. Insurance: An item that becomes Insured can no longer be powdered (a tooltip line would be added). If the item is UNINSURED later, it still can no longer be powdered. Repair for said item would also be made more difficult and more likely to drain Max Durability.

G

<blockquote><hr>

What I don't understand, is how so many players in this game have bank accounts full of gold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy buy low sell at or just below going rates. If by chance I see someone selling something at a low price and I can make at least a 25%-100%+ profit I will buy it and then turn it around. Gold adds up fast that way. Also Im into the PvP community and I know first hand how much I can get for certain items on average 8 figures. Just gotta know the market and whats in demand. I have over 200m spent into my suit if I add up barbed kits and pieces I have bought and threw to the side for better ones. And I still feel They should break.

BTW its not a bank account full of gold its a vendor and a storage house.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I've said it before and will say it again... Two changes:

1. Powder of Fort is issued the same code as Powder of Transferance in that an item that is powdered a certain number of times becomes "saturated" and can no longer be powdered.

2. Insurance: An item that becomes Insured can no longer be powdered (a tooltip line would be added). If the item is UNINSURED later, it still can no longer be powdered. Repair for said item would also be made more difficult and more likely to drain Max Durability.

[/ QUOTE ]

Part 2 is bad due to buying an item and not being able to insure it unknowingly.

G

I assume you mean "powder it unknowingly", however that would be the point of the tooltip.

Once an item became insured and lose its unpowderability, it would need to gain a line in the item description showing that the item had been modified accordingly.

K

Kith Kanan

<blockquote><hr>

And if they were to break, what then? Then you'd have to go try and get replacements. Isn't that part of the fun of the game? It seems like many in this thread actually think you can win UO...la

[/ QUOTE ]

Fun ... not realy no atleast not with the current crafting system , give me control over my crafting instead of it being a lottery with shiddy odd's , and I might change my mind..... maybe

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm not arguing that point. This thread is about item decay and breaking. Should crafting change in such a way to accomodate it then I'll be all for it. If different metals and armors can be used in combination to make the properties that we need to play then no problem, I'm onboard.

It won't make the economy any better however. It will make it worse. Instead of buying the items that I havn't been lucky enough to craft myself I will be able to tailor make all the gear I need with the mods I need and so will all the others with crafters. The few players that don't have crafters will need to buy goods unless they are friends with one that won't mind doing it for them. I myself know a whole host of people with crafters that would make anything anyone wanted for free. This "problem" that people claim exists is not even close to as black and white and many paint it to be. If it was it would have been changed long ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your missing a point I made that takes the I have a crafter or have a friend crafter out of the equation to some extent.

Ninja Smith combo--can make Ninja items with special properties but can only make normal GM items of other Kinds

Necromancer Smith--can craft items with special properties that will benefit Necromancers but only normal GM items of other kinds.

The list goes on. A smith is a smith and can make all the items but they have to decide on a specialty in order to make items with properties.

The same thing would happen with Tailors. So all those mules out there will not be a benefit as they are today.

Now before everyone yells foul--think about what would be better for the game--not better for the individual. Your Tailor Smith Tinker Carpenter Scribe Miner Mage wont be end all.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

What I don't understand, is how so many players in this game have bank accounts full of gold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy buy low sell at or just below going rates. If by chance I see someone selling something at a low price and I can make at least a 25%-100%+ profit I will buy it and then turn it around. Gold adds up fast that way. Also Im into the PvP community and I know first hand how much I can get for certain items on average 8 figures. Just gotta know the market and whats in demand. I have over 200m spent into my suit if I add up barbed kits and pieces I have bought and threw to the side for better ones. And I still feel They should break.

BTW its not a bank account full of gold its a vendor and a storage house.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you have a vendor and storage house full of gold. And I guess if thats your play style to buy low and sell high, then knock yourself out. Doesn't sound like fun to me. And just because thats how you choose to play, doesn't mean that everyone wants to go spend their playing time, buying cheap stuff and hoping they can sell it for more, just so they can afford to replace their broken armor.

I notice you choose not to argue any of the other points I made in my post, which just makes your argument full of holes and very selective if not selfish. Way to look out for the rest of the community. If you don't need or want your armor or gold, I'll glady accept. ;]

G

I like the thinking out of the box Dennar but,

even if we would go to a system like you suggest. What would change?

With the staturation of soulstones and soulstone fragments, the only thing your system would bring about is maybe slowing down the different types of items, since you can only use 1 stone every 24 hours.

there has to be some type of change, and it is good to banter it about. But I do not believe the dev team is anywhere close to taking a serious look in crafting changes. Was that not one of the premises of the SA expansion, sweeping changes to crafting, so revolutionary we needed to radically change resource gathering. Heck they already relented by allowing us to buy a new character slot (number 7) since they had announced the new race (gargoyles) with no quest to change race. Since gargoyles are supposed to have great crafting powers by giving us a new slot, we all get a new super-crafting mule.

G

<blockquote><hr>

which just makes your argument full of holes and very selective if not selfish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well considering I and my friends would have as much to loose if not more considering were PvPers and run leet gear.......... nope dosnt seem selective or selfish. People that want everything handed to them and the game dumbed down for them and not think about a viable playstyle (crafting) so they can keep thier pixels that is selective and selfish.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The same thing would happen with Tailors. So all those mules out there will not be a benefit as they are today.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not missing your point. I see the genuine merit it holds. Now that we have a dialogue rolling address these 2 points:

1.) Soulstones make any changes you propose practically worthless.
2.) The people that control the crafting market sales are BOD scripters and workers. These players have had accounts with 5 smith/tailors for years and your changes would suit them just fine. All they have to do is put those skills in various patterns on each one and they will still command the market. This isn't exactly going to get us anywhere either.

What would be best for the game is a constant influx of new items that changed and phased out regularly. Less randomization and more control.

G

<blockquote><hr>

2.) The people that control the crafting market sales are BOD scripters and workers. These players have had accounts with 5 smith/tailors for years and your changes would suit them just fine. All they have to do is put those skills in various patterns on each one and they will still command the market. This isn't exactly going to get us anywhere either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Link?...la

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Link?...la

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry Rico. I prefer to work off the experience of 9+ years and don't have a link to show you what people who play the game know.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not missing your point. I see the genuine merit it holds. Now that we have a dialogue rolling address these 2 points:

What would be best for the game is a constant influx of new items that changed and phased out regularly. Less randomization and more control.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I am going to disagree with you on some points. I believe the people you mention in point number 2 would probably continue to script their bods and get thier runic kits etc. I don't see many of them taking time away from running bods to train several different specialties in order to make items. I think they will make tons still doing thier bods. Making items for sale requires to be attended, also in my opinion.

As you point out in item 1 that souldstones are the bane of this idea. To some extent I agree with you. But as a crafter for my entire time in UO I dont see me trying to aquire the specialization in more than 1-2 areas. I dont see people soulstoning on and off just to make a few items then go back again. I could be wrong. I would ask people to post what they would do not what they think others would do with this proposal.

I also want to point out that Carpenters that make weapons or Bowyers that make weapons would have the same issues. For example a Chivalry Bowyer would make bows that would help paladins, A bushido would help the Tokuno types, Elves would make better Elven Bows. Add in Elven race specific bonuses and it makes it even more complicated. But you would have specialists. Maybe you wouldn't be selling everything to everyone but a few will sell to a few on a consistent basis.

Again these are my opinions only. I would like to see what others would do, not think about what others will do (this is not a slam on you, it is meant to ask others for what they would do and not to just post what they think others will do). This is only the beggining of an idea, it could use some fine tuning I am sure.

I

imported_Telerandil

<blockquote><hr>

Your missing a point I made that takes the I have a crafter or have a friend crafter out of the equation to some extent.

Ninja Smith combo--can make Ninja items with special properties but can only make normal GM items of other Kinds

Necromancer Smith--can craft items with special properties that will benefit Necromancers but only normal GM items of other kinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this idea. One, possibly less-objectionable, way of looking at it is as an extension of the existing additional skill prerequisites for crafting instruments (Musicianship) and abbatoirs (Magery).

More thoughts:

New craftables could require varying levels of additional prerequisites--the more powerful the item, the higher the skill required. Additionally, I'd like to see recipe requirements for the higher-end items, and maybe epic quests (as per Spellweaving) for the top-level ones.

Perhaps production chains could be implemented with new specialized item components, much like the one for the Runed Switch. If non-specialized exceptional items are required as components of new items (as exceptional clothing can be used to create arcane clothing), then we might also see renewed interest in them (other than as fodder for BODs).

Finally, this proposal wouldn't require a major deviation from existing game systems. Along the same lines, this does seem to fit with EA/Mythic's pattern of adding items to keep the game fresh.

Just my two obsidians' worth of wishful thinking.

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

You admit in your post that the game has changed, that people need their items now, hence insurance is necessary.

The argument's equally valid for items being permanent, however,

Why do you admit that the game has changed, then talk about how items broke all the time, pre-AoS? The whole blasted point is that this is no longer the pre-AoS game. It's really high time we admitted that. How long's it been? I can't even remember.

The game, as it stands now, would be essentially unplayable without insurance and without Powder of Fortification. To lose an item in the present system would be equivalent to losing a skill.

Sure, you could replace your Swordsmanship with Fencing, and then your Fencing with Mace Fighting.

But why should you have to?

Even if you didn't have to replace your skill, should you be forced to re-train it?

-Galen's player

G

I like insurance. I just dont think armor and weapons should last forever. If items last forever all someone has to do is upgrade thier pieces have that cycle going for a few years you have sellers only selling and able to sell high end gear basicly what we are in now. there is no middle ground for the buyer or seller. With no demand for medium ranged gear people are inclined to cut it up leaving out the noobie who may need it. Or leaving out that inspiring crafter who can only afford medium range runics. The effects of items not breaking since AOS has killed the true crafter. Something has to be done either something breaks or loose insurance or it all gets soulbound. I would rather stuff break.

I

imported_Telerandil

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that soulstones make trade specialization less, well, special. Still, that's a general criticism that can be leveled against soulstones on any kind of specialization--combat, trade, or otherwise.

That said, I think that Dennar's proposal has the greatest effect on non-scripter accounts which have four or five primary characters and one or two mules who make items for use, rather than for sale. I imagine that a scripter would either have multiple accounts for his crafting (and hence, wouldn't require soulstones) or would just make items in batches, as he wouldn't have the urgency of having to use them. Either way, a dedicated scripter would already have the tools to gain skills quickly--and that would be a one-time investment.

Any scripters want to weigh in?

<blockquote><hr>

2.) The people that control the crafting market sales are BOD scripters and workers.

[/ QUOTE ]

As with soulstones, this would seem to be a general problem. I'm not sure if any of these fixes--item breakage, rotation, or specialization--would be effective in decreasing that influence. Ultimately, some players have more in-game presence than others--whether attended or no, that presence becomes power in the absence of direct interference by the development gods.

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Also an appealing idea, but also favors the scripters. Given items available for only a limited time, the people who will create the most of them in that time will still be scripters. I'm also wondering about the additional development work required to get new items phased back out. Sure, it sounds trivial--but it seems that anything short of a feature revert (*cough*Archcure*cough*) tends to require a lot of testing and attention.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Nah, we jjust see many of the hangers on as a group that will accept anything the devs give you. We on the other hand actually are looking at a way to have the game increase in population. We aren't just thinking of our own fun, much like many of you do...la

[/ QUOTE ]
That is the funniest thing I have ever seen a thief say:

"We aren't just thinking of our own fun, much like many of you do"

Truly out-done yourself with the "my idea is good because it's mine" line once again. This one is good though. You and the other 10 people that think this is a good idea don't know what is best for the game and you sure as hell don't know what will increase the game population. Well, short of a no insurance felucca only server that isn't Siege. People can say what they want but it would be packed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny. Most people just play UO. They don't bother wasting their time away (like many of you) on the official forums arguing about squat.

They just like to play.

Yeah

Fix Siege so it works right. The problem will be solved.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I've used 30ish barb kits making my suit (bad luck?), and I am still looking for a ring. And this suit still isn't perfect resist/mods/stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats it!?!?!? Just 30. Im pushing over 200 kits and my suit is still not how i would like it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Funny. Most people just play UO. They don't bother wasting their time away (like many of you) on the official forums arguing about squat.

They just like to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha! Thats hillarious BR. I've seen you waste plenty of time bantering back and forth with one trammy or another about the most mundane of crap all the time. Let's not call kettles names ok?

<blockquote><hr>

Fix Siege so it works right. The problem will be solved.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wonderful idea.

G

I can assure you that people would use soulstones in order to make anything they wanted. If the point is to diversify and make crafting a commodity that is needed again then your idea needs to be honed to prevent the problems facing crafting now. Believe it or not decay isn't the only problem with crafting in the buyer/seller sense.

When people say that everyone has a crafter they are not just saying that to disagree with you. They are saying that because it's true. This game is over 10 years old. The majority of the players I have talked to in my 9+ years have been playing for anywhere from 3-5 years on average. In that time a great number of people have very advanced smiths and tailors. The fact is that even if this change is made the sheer number of people with crafter is a really valid argument. One that should not be dismissed so easily.

Now. Since we are not disagreeing and merely trying to build. Allow me to offer a possible suggestion. One I have spoke about in the long past when people seemed to care.

The faction system is capable of tracking accounts and can be set to only allow 1 char per account for faction purposes. If we use that system for crafting specilization we can limit the availability for others to be able to craft anything. In this regard we eliminate the need to pair up skills on the crafters and merely enter a specilization. If we created, for example, 3 paths of specilization for each skillset and limit the paths to 1 per account the impact will much less severe in relation to do it all mules. It seems to me this would solve the problem of soulstone and the 5 tailor/smith accounts as well. Mulitiple accounts aside this would seem to be a valid solutions and would still meet all the goals you have set forth. Comments?

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

They just like to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha! Thats hillarious BR. I've seen you waste plenty of time bantering back and forth with one trammy or another about the most mundane of crap all the time. Let's not call kettles names ok?

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's get something straight. I'm not saying I'm not guilty. What I'm saying is that all playstyles deserve a spot in Sosaria.

If your going to post about this stuff, keep that more in mind since you didn't.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

Believe it or not decay isn't the problem with crafting in the buyer/seller sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Supply and demand don't play a facter in this type of virtual economics?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Believe it or not decay isn't the only problem with crafting in the buyer/seller sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Supply and demand don't play a facter in this type of virtual economics?

[/ QUOTE ]
My mistake. I forgot a word.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Let's get something straight. I'm not saying I'm not guilty. What I'm saying is that all playstyles deserve a spot in Sosaria.

If your going to post about this stuff, keep that more in mind since you didn't.

[/ QUOTE ]
YOu must have me confused with someone else. I have no problem with playstyles. I have problems with deathrobe thieves and scammers but short of that everyone has a place.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok, after pub 16 OSI and or EA changed this game forever with evolution of doom, runics, and enhancement there is no way to revert it. this thread is one of the dumbest things i have ever read past the second response.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
YOu must have me confused with someone else. I have no problem with playstyles. I have problems with deathrobe thieves and scammers but short of that everyone has a place.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no problem with playstyles... except for ones you have problems with.

Did I summarize that properly?

...la

PS. I always thought it was a cool and good idea to put murderers and criminals killed in town by players into jail. If the player wanted to take him in of course.

There are ways to keep balance and to forge a place for everyone.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You have no problem with playstyles... except for ones you have problems with.

Did I summarize properly?

[/ QUOTE ]
If that's how it comes across to you then the shoe fits.

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haven't been able to post in a while, shame I'm ending up on of the last pages. Also, I don't know if you've received any anwers yet, Connor, but I'd like to offer you the following...

<blockquote><hr>

"Items need to break!"

I still haven't seen any good reason for this.

[/ QUOTE ]It would improve trade, not nessecarily the economy, because all it would do is make gold change hands. However, lesser crafted material and some monster loot might become slightly more usefull in a world where items have a limited life expectancy...

That could mean you might have to go out and get yourself new pieces of armor every now and again, and meet up with traders, and socialize, like the old days, as you called it. Truth is, today's market has become stale. No one needs low end stuff, only uber stuff, and the prices that accompany such pieces makes new players shake their heads in disbelief...

I'd hate to lose my suits, or pieces of my suits, yet I think it would be a good idea to put in some form of decay, and it would make me less reckless with what I have. Then again, it's my opinion that insurance might have been a mistake to implement...