• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Invitation to try out Siege Perilous

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
We hsve Dark Wisps roaming the Felucca facet, they kill alot more new chars than murderes do.
I will agree with that for sure!

:) Had to kill me twice before I figured out they were a bit more dangerous

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Freja, I think your enthusiasm for your shard is commendable. I did create a character there once (an aspiring crafter). When the first person I encountered, at the bank no less, dispatched me promptly without so much as a how-do-you-do (and rez-killed me immediately after), I decided Siege wasn't for me.

Still, I sincerely hope the Devs will do what they can to make Siege a bit more inviting to those who wish to try it.
Sad to hear that, let me guess, you was killed in Luna, that town had always been evil on Siege. Now not many get killed in town, only if they are standing unattented macroing, however we may have a few thieves checking your backpack, so use the bank for valiable stuff.

Yes with Devs help, we may draw some old players back, special AoS made alot give up Siege. It is alot better now with Imbuing and reforging. Imbuing resources is still a problem, it take to long time to gathering them and price get to high. If we could get 2 x drop of them like Fel on normal shards, it would help alot.

If crafters can't get the resources, it's hard to restock their vendors and special to make special ordres, that take alot relic, essences, boura pelt and seed of renevalt.

Sieges problem had always been, the game is balanced vs item insurences.
On normal shards items need to be hard to get as they last forever, on Siege, items need to be easy to get as they easy got looted and unraved if the killer not need that kind of items.

You can get a new suit / weapon cheap now, if you gathering the resources yourself and ask for a imbuer in gen chat.

Back to the PK problem. Right now, we not have alot of PK's, however a few of them are very powerful, they sure not just go for weak chars, they are dressed and skilled to take out powerful enemies, that be faction, blue PvP'ers or other reds. They don't really want your crappy newbie gear, but if they kill you, they will like to take a look at your items before you are ressed and try to pick them up. So to not get rez killed, let the killer have time to be done with your corpes. If you show your ghost, many will rez you, if they have the skills for it.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Sad to hear that, let me guess, you was killed in Luna, that town had always been evil on Siege. Now not many get killed in town, only if they are standing unattented macroing, however we may have a few thieves checking your backpack, so use the bank for valiable stuff.
Actually, it happened at the bank in Brit, which is why I was so surprised. I had just created the character, went straight out to try to mine, then ran back to town to put those first few ingots in the bank. As I opened my bank box someone rode up to me on a horse and *Pow!*... I was dead. I ran to get rezed. He followed, and as soon as I was rezed he got me again. In retrospect it seems kind of funny now (though at the time I was not amused). Anyway, I didn't try to get rezed again... just went to the inn, logged off as a ghost, chalked it up as a learning experience and never went back.

I can appreciate the fact that Siege is a more challenging shard to play. It is also, as many have said, "not for everyone". If someone is happy playing in Trammel and doesn't care much for Fel... well, as Joseph Campbell once observed, it's usually wise to "Follow your bliss."

Last edited:

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If it had a strong RP community I'd be all over that invite. Sad to say not sure any of the shards rp communities are thriving as they once were.
RP SEEMS TO BE A DEAD THING*FROWNS*
OZOG OF CHESSY

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well if this second house thing happens people will be able to build communities up fairly quickly for their RP needs. Probably won't happen like that but the potential is there.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Well if this second house thing happens people will be able to build communities up fairly quickly for their RP needs. Probably won't happen like that but the potential is there.
The ability to place a second house would undoubtedly bring a few more people in to give Siege a try. If RP really took off, that and the house option might make Siege a lot more attractive. Interesting possibilities.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, it happened at the bank in Brit, which is why I was so surprised. I had just created the character, went straight out to try to mine, then ran back to town to put those first few ingots in the bank. As I opened my bank box someone rode up to me on a horse and *Pow!*... I was dead. I ran to get rezed. He followed, and as soon as I was rezed he got me again. In retrospect it seems kind of funny now (though at the time I was not amused). Anyway, I didn't try to get rezed again... just went to the inn, logged off as a ghost, chalked it up as a learning experience and never went back.

I can appreciate the fact that Siege is a more challenging shard to play. It is also, as many have said, "not for everyone". If someone is happy playing in Trammel and doesn't care much for Fel... well, as Joseph Campbell once observed, it's usually wise to "Follow your bliss."
*waves to Old Gypsy and Oz from Chessie.* Waves to anyone whom remembers me from yrs of playing on Siege and Ches too. :) I may not be playing UO any longer since this past autumn..but memories of UO linger with us for forever !

When I first went to Siege in 2004, first time my lil newb chr. named Miranda was attacked there was this lady whom worked with NEW guild, whom giggled at me and said something silly yet workable, when she said ...So how long you been playing UO ? I said 1998 pre trammel on Chessie. Came here on Siege just this spring *2004*. She said soooooooooooooo in your yrs. of playing pre trammel didn't ya ever shout GUARDS ! GUARDS ! :) I laughed and said OMG I didn't even think to hit my spiffy lil *guards guards* macro...not like the guards even bother to work when ya call em, but sometimes they DO show up just in time to pk a pk. LOL silly me I dun forgot I CAN do that if I want to or have time to hit the macro shouting guards guards ! LOL

But mostly I learned with quite a few of them colorful pks, just like about any where, sometimes a red needs a blue to buy em a horse or whatever npcs do not sell to a red so it doesn't hurt to just say howdy to ye murderers, in case they may just be saying welcome to siege at us...yeh some res kill, I don't cotton to them much, but I taught Miranda to be high magery not to be a mage crafter but if a red be an ok person, I in their future might res their sorry dead butt cuz they DIE too. :) Ya get a relationship or friendship or some peculiar trust a going with some of them red folks...which I did do, so sometimes ya just call them guards for ye own entertainment but mostly I prefered to just say howdy and be the *dancing ghost* seeing a nut not mad at em for dying made some of em just laugh and say....Welcome to Siege ! :)
PS. I did follow my *bliss* I always thought insurance was a dumb idea so I went to Siege cuz they didn't have any, and probably cuz be it warrior chrs. or crafters, without someone sneaking around tryin to pk someone UO tram only side seemed boring to me...soooooooooooo weirdly ended up on Siege, from 2004-2012, till I left UO last fall. Guess some of us are just weird, we *grew up* in a UO where and when there was no Trammel, no insurance, just like Chessie once was, before.... in UO yrs. ago.

Last edited:

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've always like the idea of Siege, but not the reality. However, this empassioned post, combined with the state of the game, has made me think of trying again.

I always thought it would be a good RP shard, and I know a number of RPers left Catskills ages ago to try Siege but from what I remember it didn't really work out. One question though, and I know it requires some generalization, but does the average player run around in top-notch gear, or because of the threat of losing stuff, do most people tough it out in GM and low end loot items? That was one aspect I hated about pre-insurance. People (PKs too) were always so worried about losing their gear that they would never PvP unless they were almost certain of winning and at the first sign of things going bad, people would run rather than fight it out. I definitely miss the old RP PvP code of conduct rules....but now I'm just rambling.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't know what it is like now, since I quit playing this past autumn, some were fully equipped even without insurance and or had the gp to replace suits, some just wore stuff that was more easily replaced, but was still workable, and Siege did have the *one item bless* and other was to get bless deeds that worked for some pieces.
A few left Siege worrying bout their stupid suits and went over to ATL where they COULD insure these new fancy pants pricier suits.
Basic theory though is if ya can not afford to lose it, DONT WEAR it...till ya got replacements or can afford to buy whatever to make new suits...IF one bothers with that stuff to begin with. :)

To some degrees UO became sorta a 'twinkie suits' kinda game, over the years, when ages ago, one was *skilled* and ya only needed a gm halley and an old school val. suit, if that, to layeth the smacketh down, not relying on suits so much just skills. But that UO game is long gone !

I can still remember, one of the times I was pkd on Siege one of my first days there, and I had a habit to click on everyone's paper doll. He was vet reward and one item *blessed* to the nines, and as I died I laughed and called him a TRAMMIE, as I dirtnapped to oblivion. lol To each his own.

Last edited:

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
*waves to Old Gypsy and Oz from Chessie.* Waves to anyone whom remembers me from yrs of playing on Siege and Ches too. :) I may not be playing UO any longer since this past autumn..but memories of UO linger with us for forever !
Well, hello Queen Zen! Haven't seen hide nor hair of you on the forums for a long time (unless I just missed the posts). Are you planning to come back soon? Reading about your adventures always made me smile. Come on home, girl! :)

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, hello Queen Zen! Haven't seen hide nor hair of you on the forums for a long time (unless I just missed the posts). Are you planning to come back soon? Reading about your adventures always made me smile. Come on home, girl! :)
nah I haven't posted since I left UO when EA prematurely closed my Queen Zen down, cc charged shoulda been good for 90 more days like my other 3 accts. were but some glitch I guess shut that acct. down *didnt migrate* yet but EA kept charging my cc and all my 4 accts remained Active...till the glitch.
I was able to get back on during the UO anniversary (free logins per acct.) this fall to remove the one QZ home I was shut out of earlier, that still had my vendors standing upon it, and took it all down stuffing my chrs. on 4 accts full of all my UO stuffs, on 2 shards Ches. and Siege alike. All my chrs are logged out on both shards, since Oct. or so of 2012.

While I may still read Stratics about weekly, to see what is still going on with everybody and with UO etc.
I haven't posted or even read Stratics in *visable mode*, cuz I felt if ya don't play ya probably should just read Stratics invisably and shush up,and not post here any more.

But seeing how it is a new year, I just felt like making my self visable and saying howdy to folks whom remember me and me remembering all of them, afterall, besides UO itself, it is the other players whom made our game world exciting or fun over the years of our playing UO, whom added to those fond memories of our years of playing Ultima Online, for any of us. :)

Heck while reading the 3rd book in the Hunger Games Trilogy this past week, 2 new chrs. introduced into *Mockingjay* were names of chrs. I knew on Siege...got me all nostalgic about UO,
just reading those 2 chr. names in a book totally nonrelated to UO ! lol Also made me wonder how many new chrs. have been created in UO named after the Hunger Games books chrs. HAHA ! I have always had an Archer in UO on any shard, and rl archery fan myself so...I AM a katniss ! HAHA

How many Katnisses yall got running around in UO nowadays ?? :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I've always like the idea of Siege, but not the reality. However, this empassioned post, combined with the state of the game, has made me think of trying again.
You really should give it a try :p

I always thought it would be a good RP shard, and I know a number of RPers left Catskills ages ago to try Siege but from what I remember it didn't really work out.
We had the joy of having Shadow Clan [Orc] with us for several years. Sadly they did not survive AoS and we miss them alot.

One question though, and I know it requires some generalization, but does the average player run around in top-notch gear, or because of the threat of losing stuff, do most people tough it out in GM and low end loot items?
Only a few run in top-notch gear, most run in mid level imbued suit, but if you want to fight back the PK's, you may need better gear or be safe in numbers.

That was one aspect I hated about pre-insurance. People (PKs too) were always so worried about losing their gear that they would never PvP unless they were almost certain of winning and at the first sign of things going bad, people would run rather than fight it out. I definitely miss the old RP PvP code of conduct rules....but now I'm just rambling.
The reason normal shards PK's could not risk to lose, was not the risk of loosing their gear but the fact, that dying made them lose 25% of their skills and it was not a temp lose as in faction, they had to work them up again. That was called stat loss and one of the worse thing ever added to the game.

Sure AOS made everyone fear losing their gear, as it was to hard to replace, but it is going the right way now, with imbuing and reforging.

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
most people wear disposable suits . its not hard to imbue a workable suit for not alot of gold. of course some folks wear the super suits to wage their version of peril and its awefull hard to stop someone like that , but even they can be brought down by an unruly mob with pitchforks. =)

so i always tell new guys to keep a second suit on the shelf waiting for the inevitable . consider it prepaid insurance.

it comes down to risk versus reward , you want to risk wearing an expensive suit , youll probably live longer, but you dont need to really. i sell cheap suits at the zento gate shop. if you can find me in game ill give ya one free if you ask nice. (most here will help if asked)

thing is , you wont find us bank sitting . we are out farming the fringes , working peerless or spawns . WE DONT WANT TO BE FOUND.

siege may look deserted , but the truth is you probably arent really alone , beware that shadow, it more than likely conceals a thief . (especially in luna . people are too used to thinking its safe)

we have people from all over the world on siege , they dont all play at the same time and its kind of a crapshoot who is gonna be on when .
your best bet is just to pipe up in general chat . sure sometimes we have one fool or another who likes to run his mouth, (theres one in every crowd) but for the most part our chat is pretty civilized, and yes ive listened to many shards . i have working characters on nearly a dozen shards and newbies on all of them for trades.

another thing to consider , there is no transfer to or from siege . that means all the duped gold over the years has not made its way here . 100k is still descent money . my cheap suits are a full LRC medable barbed suit . it aint all 70s but its close... for 15k.

are you sick of your millions being basicly worthless ? come find an economy thats not ... hosed.

Reactions: ake

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I updated my post upstairs with this info:

The rules for Siege may be hard to find now so I will try to explain. The ruleset Siege was born with had changed over the years, the one with Green is the one different from normal shard. The gray ones are long gone.

Siege rules

1. No recall, only gate spell works
2. No gating in and out of of dungeon.
3. Only one char on an account
4. NPC vendors take 3X the price for their wares.
5. NPC won't buy your wares and do not sell resources other than regs
6. RoT, Rate over Time skill gain for non resourse using skills.
7. No Trammel facet
8. All facets have the Siege ruleset, much like Fel ruleset, but reds can go to town as long they not attack, however guards do not protect them
9. No item Insurance but one Siege Bless, that works for one items at the time

Rate over Time system On Siege Perilous and Mugen, the RoT (Rate over time) system applies for gaining skill points above 70.
  • Skill points for skills less than 70 points will gain as normal shards.
  • Skill points for skills between 70 and 79.9 points have a time limit of 5 minutes between points gained.
  • Skill points for skills between 80 and 89.9 have a time limit of 8 minutes between points gained.
  • Skill points for skills between 90 and 99.9 have a time limit of 12 minutes between points gained.
  • Skill points for skills between 100 and 120 have a time limit of 15 minutes between points gained.
  • Players will be allowed to gain 15 stat points a day. For stats only RoT resets once per day, at 8pm EST/1am GMT.

The RoT system actually helps slower skills have better chances at guaranteed gains. With slower skills like poisioning, training it in RoT saves you a lot of time and gold.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Saw my first other living person on Siege today killed me with a flame strike and a e bolt so fast, I couldn't even say hello. She was nice enough to rez me and not kill my horse or take my regs. Still don't understand the point of killing another player just to kill them.
I hate the wisp, I started keeping track of wisp deaths I am up to 47 deaths by wisp and 1 from a Red. So there is much truth to the comment that wisp kill more people than reds. Placed my first house on siege anyone who knows me and my favorite UO hobby will have a pretty good idea where it is :) or one of 4 spots.
The biggest thing that deters me from going full time on siege is the large investment I have on legends. 60 raised garden beds, 15-40 soul stones on every account, to big of an investment to just let sit. If there were some way to transfer the stones, raised beds, chargers and stuff I would leave legends in a heart beat (BTW I am only talking about things that can be bought in the UO store or were part of the gift or vet reward system, not transferring billions or trillions in gold or or anything that could not be obtained through the store or through vet rewards.) Since I could if I wanted to spend the money to outfit every account on siege with the same things anyway. Which I may buy another 30 raised beds for siege and definatly going to be getting 10 stones at least for 1 acct. Would gladly pay to be able to make a one time transfer of all of my other stuff mentioned to siege instead of making that many hundreds if not thousands of dollars investment again (Which I won't) at 20 bucks a pop for 3 raised beds getting any serious amount of them runs into big bucks fast. Yeah I am rich IRL and can afford to spend money on crap like this. Thats the benefit of working hard and living poor for 30 years so you can have the things you want later in life and not worry about if it will short the electric bill :) That being said I still will not buy the same things twice thus very much limiting how much time I will spend on siege no matter how much I like it. I image alot of other 10-15 year vets like myself feel the same way and would play siege full time if they didn't have to give up so much in the way of gifts, rewards, and UO store purchased items. Making money is just as easy on siege as it is any where else, so leaving gold, armor, arties and castles and keeps full of junk behind is no big deal to me. Just my two cents on what I think is one of the major deterents to old players starting up on siege.
Plus most of them are sissies and affraid of getting killed. I am soloing on siege and doing very well, I imagine folks that like guilds and are not anti social jerks would do far better than me.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also dropped one of my keeps in the trinsic swamp on legends and saving up to place a second house on siege :) Fear not legends still leave me with 6 keep and 2 castles there :)

mikni

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also dropped one of my keeps in the trinsic swamp on legends and saving up to place a second house on siege :) Fear not legends still leave me with 6 keep and 2 castles there :)
Sounds like someone's getting addicted. ;)
Welcome!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Saw my first other living person on Siege today killed me with a flame strike and a e bolt so fast, I couldn't even say hello. She was nice enough to rez me and not kill my horse or take my regs. Still don't understand the point of killing another player just to kill them.
I hate the wisp, I started keeping track of wisp deaths I am up to 47 deaths by wisp and 1 from a Red. So there is much truth to the comment that wisp kill more people than reds. Placed my first house on siege anyone who knows me and my favorite UO hobby will have a pretty good idea where it is :) or one of 4 spots.
The biggest thing that deters me from going full time on siege is the large investment I have on legends. 60 raised garden beds, 15-40 soul stones on every account, to big of an investment to just let sit. If there were some way to transfer the stones, raised beds, chargers and stuff I would leave legends in a heart beat (BTW I am only talking about things that can be bought in the UO store or were part of the gift or vet reward system, not transferring billions or trillions in gold or or anything that could not be obtained through the store or through vet rewards.) Since I could if I wanted to spend the money to outfit every account on siege with the same things anyway. Which I may buy another 30 raised beds for siege and definatly going to be getting 10 stones at least for 1 acct. Would gladly pay to be able to make a one time transfer of all of my other stuff mentioned to siege instead of making that many hundreds if not thousands of dollars investment again (Which I won't) at 20 bucks a pop for 3 raised beds getting any serious amount of them runs into big bucks fast. Yeah I am rich IRL and can afford to spend money on crap like this. Thats the benefit of working hard and living poor for 30 years so you can have the things you want later in life and not worry about if it will short the electric bill :) That being said I still will not buy the same things twice thus very much limiting how much time I will spend on siege no matter how much I like it. I image alot of other 10-15 year vets like myself feel the same way and would play siege full time if they didn't have to give up so much in the way of gifts, rewards, and UO store purchased items. Making money is just as easy on siege as it is any where else, so leaving gold, armor, arties and castles and keeps full of junk behind is no big deal to me. Just my two cents on what I think is one of the major deterents to old players starting up on siege.
Plus most of them are sissies and affraid of getting killed. I am soloing on siege and doing very well, I imagine folks that like guilds and are not anti social jerks would do far better than me.
I would like to know who this red female Mage was, you didnt catch the name did you ?

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did get one of my old characters out of moth balls and ran around Siege today, sure enough I saw some talk in general but really didn't see anyone else except in New Magincia (no different than my shard). I did relive the nostalgia of being a newbie and getting killed and having to kite the critters away from my body (dying a few times in the process), so that I could pick up my paltry bit of equipment off my corpse. I even checked to see if "my spot" was free on Siege for a house and sure enough it is. I found myself picking up reagents off the ground (been about 14 years since I've done that). But like Tyrath says, it is a heck of an investment in time and some treasured items but that's kind of the fun of starting over and realzing that you really don't need a lot of the crap we've accumulated over the years (I grew an entire combination of every plant in every colour without raised garden beds - it's really not that hard!). I looked through some vendors and found that indeed, inflation has not hit this shard so starting up with nothing would actually be fun and probably wouldn't be too hard.

Oh yeah, I was surprised to find that Siege has some very nicely decorated homes that are actually open to the public. You don't find that on many Fel shards where I live.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still don't understand the point of killing another player just to kill them.
I think some of them just feel tough and powerful when they kill people. PKers tend to target easy targets so there is as little risk in getting any rewards as possible. Unarmed Miners, Loggers, resource gatherers, or someone they can bushwhack are their speed. They'll leave anyone vaguely tough to the PvPers. Fortunately there seem to be few of the PK type on Siege. Most player hunters seem to be PvPers and have a pair, and they go after someone who can give them a good fight.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
May be hard to understand, but look at it like their way to say welcome to Siege :p

I hate the wisp, I started keeping track of wisp deaths I am up to 47 deaths by wisp and 1 from a Red. So there is much truth to the comment that wisp kill more people than reds.
*Smiles*

The biggest thing that deters me from going full time on siege is the large investment I have on legends. 60 raised garden beds, 15-40 soul stones on every account, to big of an investment to just let sit.
And I thought I had many raised beds. You may be able to trade the beds with someone who gave up Siege, but you will need new soulstones.
And you right, it's not really that hard to make it on Siege

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Garth Easy enough to find out LOL I marked a rune right next to the castle she gated into, LoL as soon as the gate opened I invised but had two blade spirits whacking on a bog thing so it was obvious someone was there. So while she was running around looking for what was right beside her when she came through the gate I sneaked to all the way to the edge of a swamp and started whacking another Boggy........She was determined to kill who ever had been by her castle because she came all the way over there looking for me. Kind of funny to put that much effort into someone who will not fight back and dies to a 1 strike and a e bolt LOL but hey if that whats trips a reds trigger no big deal, I had a bag marshmellow in my tunic that the strike got just right and she gets bragging rights she killed probably the worst pvp on the shard.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Freja if they would make some kind of transfer option like that and make it a one time thing for only items that I mentioned that can be obtained through the store or were gifts. maybe make it a vet reward for 36 or 48 months min acct age to keep brokers from using their noob accounts from importing tons of beds and other store items on their trial accounts. I stress one time only per account of an appropriate age. 36 or 48 month would be a good age as it would limit the number of potential whiners that would want to transfer their stuff back off siege. Nothing would ever be allowed to leave siege and nothing that can't already be obtained through the store or reward system would be allowed on so there would be minimal if any effect on the economy and would not allow gold or items that would unbalance the shard. I really think that alone would get a lot more vets that only have 1-3 accounts moving one to siege and playing UO again instead whatever production shard has devolved into.
I just wish everyone (2) people now) didn't either instantly run away or instantly kill you. Damn if you want to kill me great but atleast say hello first and then I will just stand there and let you blast away :)
Hehe don't know how much luck I would have trading around 1.68 billion golds worth of raised garden beds :) Last I checked they were selling for 25mil to 28 mil each and every time I see one on a vendor it seems to be gone in a hour or two. Just curious is that your swamp house with all the beds with orange plants in it Freja? My first though when I rode by that one was gee someone is addicted to gardening as much as I am :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL victim we can get together and fight for the title of worst fighter on siege :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have found in PVP on production shards my neighbors for 20 miles around that play let me win in game because I make them pee their pants IRL.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Maybe they should make it, so you could turn in a vet reward and you you then could claim a new from the vet reward system. lets say you turn in a 3 years reward, you could now choose a new 1-3 years reward.
Maybe one of the traders could help trade some of your raised veds to Siege, we still have one trading stuff between Siege and other shards, Cybernickel is his stratics nick, try ask him.

I just wish everyone (2) people now) didn't either instantly run away or instantly kill you. Damn if you want to kill me great but atleast say hello first and then I will just stand there and let you blast away :)
More fun to kill you first and then say hello :p

Just curious is that your swamp house with all the beds with orange plants in it Freja? My first though when I rode by that one was gee someone is addicted to gardening as much as I am :)
I have a castle near the swamp and desert East Wood of Britain, with the new beds I just got, I have 17, but we do have several gardeners on Siege.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
*Stokes fire*

Been a good day of travel and only a few scratches

*taps Pipe and pulls some Jelohm Tebac from a pouch*

We will see what today has to bring

*Sips a little of that good old Moonglow Red*

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*Stokes fire*

Been a good day of travel and only a few scratches

*taps Pipe and pulls some Jelohm Tebac from a pouch*

We will see what today has to bring

*Sips a little of that good old Moonglow Red*
I especially enjoyed the Troll Fight.

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More fun to kill you first and then say hello :p
Yes...and this lends great credence to your sig, Freja...

Maybe you just change it to "We Need More People to "Say Hello" to...

For the folks that enjoy continually looking over their shoulder, Siege and Mugen must be amazingly wonderful and super fun places to play.

I had the exact experience many, if not most had on their first visit to Siege...I prefer a more polite and friendly way of "Saying Hello" and welcoming someone to a shard that has a hard time getting "Fresh Meat". Small wonder the shard is so very, very empty, really.

But, to each their own, indeed. I find the continual begging for people to becoming "Fresh Meat" for Siege PKs amusing, and I do wish Siege all the luck in the world acquiring their requested targets.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

For the folks that enjoy continually looking over their shoulder, Siege and Mugen must be amazingly wonderful and super fun places to play.

I had the exact experience many, if not most had on their first visit to Siege...I prefer a more polite and friendly way of "Saying Hello" and welcoming someone to a shard that has a hard time getting "Fresh Meat". Small wonder the shard is so very, very empty, really.

But, to each their own, indeed. I find the continual begging for people to becoming "Fresh Meat" for Siege PKs amusing, and I do wish Siege all the luck in the world acquiring their requested targets.
Wow, people really have no clue at all about this shard. Maybe 10 yrs ago, when you tried it here, it was that way. But we hardly line up and pick off the new "fresh meat" here. This shards reputation is its own worst enemy.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Not worried about being pk'd

The Trolls and Dark wisps are ruthless, That's what you need to look out for. Gahh!!

Runnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, people really have no clue at all about this shard. Maybe 10 yrs ago, when you tried it here, it was that way. But we hardly line up and pick off the new "fresh meat" here. This shards reputation is its own worst enemy.
I didn't say "They line up". Tyrath DID say, however, upon his arrival to Siege:

You even replied to it...asked the name of the Red female mage...remember?

That wasn't 10 years ago...that was yesterday. The new character I started a month ago got whacked walking through the woods in just plain clothes. Dry looted...I won't be back.

So...before you try to downplay what happens on Siege...don't bother...it will continue to be that way. Not everyone that plays on Siege is a PK, I am certain...but enough are that it can be a significant deterrent to folks like me. There are definitely people that love it, and I do not fault them for it, and at least Freja is honest.

So you don't want folks like me? Not a problem, at all!!

Enjoy your currently super-welcoming shard, Garth...just take the head from the silica substance...it can make breathing difficult.

Last edited:

Gameboy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I played for about 30 min yesterday working on some skills and escorting npc's. I saw one other person, a blue and no one else. Chat was active. I am thinking I probably did not run into people escorting because maybe a lot of people have runes and just port to where they want to go. It's not going to take place of my home shard (Atlantic) but I see no reason to not play there right now.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I didn't say "They line up". Tyrath DID say, however, upon his arrival to Siege:

You even replied to it...asked the name of the Red female mage...remember?

That wasn't 10 years ago...that was yesterday. The new character I started a month ago got whacked walking through the woods in just plain clothes. Dry looted...I won't be back.

So...before you try to downplay what happens on Siege...don't bother...it will continue to be that way. Not everyone that plays on Siege is a PK, I am certain...but enough are that it can be a significant deterrent to folks like me. There are definitely people that love it, and I do not fault them for it, and at least Freja is honest.

So you don't want folks like me? Not a problem, at all!!

Enjoy your currently super-welcoming shard, Garth...just take the head from the silica substance...it can make breathing difficult.
Its Sir Morders shard anyway, and he thinks only the people who started here on day 1 should be here. That doesn't include me, but i'm staying. And my question about the Red Female PK was because i'm not aware of one here.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron

I love you too Surgeries and yes for some of us, it is a wonderful place, but Siege is not for all.
What's wrong with my sig, I think it fit my shard well :devil:

mikni

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think Siege is one of the, if not the, most welcoming shards there is.
Sure you might be killed and looted, but as a new player you'll get lots of help. I know that people really go out of their way just to help players get started and feel welcomed. I can't imagine that you, as a new player, would not get a new suit and whatever else was looted if you just speak up in gen chat. As long as you do not go in to a tantrum at least.

But yes, you need to understand that people will kill you. And loot you. Even if you are new and carry junk.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually I am not seeing anything wrong with siege but even on production shards I tend to stay out of populated areas and use obscure banks. BTW Brit Bank looks amazing on siege. Siege is not as empty as it seems if you employ the tracking skill you will often find that you are not as alone as you might think you are. Bottom line if you want to cruise around decked out in insured items and never fave any real risk vs your reward NO siege is most definatly not for you :) Siege is actually what so many people on production shards whine about (MORE SKILL BASED THAN ITEM BASED) I met a couple of other people late last night that were more than friendly and helpful one gave me 1000 black pearl and 1000 grave dust and the other gave my miner a blue beetle and a couple of bod rewards like +5 gloves and some shovels. Now that is just real decent behavior for people susposedly just looking for new meat to PK. As I said even the one lady that did hunt me down and kill me did Rez me, did not dry loot me and given how fast she rezzed me didn't even bother to look through my noob junk. It has been my experience on production shards with small populations if you stay nuetral show other players respect in fel most (Not all) will simply get to know you as the person who doesn't bother anyone and help others if they can and leaves you alone. I am finding this to also be true on siege. If you want to wear high end stuff you better be able to put it to good use though, but would you tie a ham steak around your neck and walk in to a pack of wolves?

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No... I don't think this will let you place 2 on Siege... it is intended to let you have a house on a production shard - and also a house on Siege.
yea but what about those characters that dont play any other shard wont we also get a second house somewhere to "try out" with out messing with our siege homes.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
All of this is unknown, Sprago. While the sources of information are pretty solid I am going to wait for official word from Mythic.

T

Tazar

yea but what about those characters that dont play any other shard wont we also get a second house somewhere to "try out" with out messing with our siege homes.
We'll have to wait and see...

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All of this is unknown, Sprago. While the sources of information are pretty solid I am going to wait for official word from Mythic.
We'll have to wait and see...

absolutly right guys and i dont wanna complicate things either i would rather have it for only newcomers to place a manual refresh house here in siege then not get it at all

lol i mean i quit prodo shards 10 years ago for siege its not like i wanna go back and try them again