• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

illegal scripting/macroing enforcement

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wiping out the gold would just boost the "underground economy" of UO, i.e., RMT transactions.
Real life economics may say something different but UO economics would do this exactly.

I am also someone who spends gold. I have <100M I have way more in deco items and resources. when I see something I want I buy it.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Real life economics may say something different but UO economics would do this exactly.
How? And why does RMT matter when it happens today? I feel like you all are arguing against a change using a negative point that already happens today. RMT is a separate issue. The point is to alleviate the inflation. RMT will be hampered by the original point of this thread and will further improve the economy and hinder further inflation rate.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That is literally always going to happen in almost any multiplayer game. It has very little to do with inflation in the economy and Mesanna is actively banning now.

You all that argue against every change because it doesn't make the game perfect are never going to get any change at all. I see a lot of nastiness every change, even just minor additions.

If I were of a similar mindset I'd look hard into change management courses and anger management in some cases.

I'm not arguing that it will fix RMT. I am saying that it will fix inflation and it will not make RMT more than it is already.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yea, I'm a little liberal with edits in the first ten minutes of my post. Again, I'm not attacking you or anyone else here. I'm just having a conversation. Sometimes your tone seems antagonizing though. At least to me. Different opinions aren't bad.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Look everybody Lore is %1000 right and we are all wrong and just leave it at that because he does not have to prove his opinions like he requires us to and to Lore, Lore knows what is best for everyone. By the way Lore if you are so knowledgeable then what online game do you own and what games have you created and what game are you currently working on because with all that profound knowledge you must be the most sought out game genius out there.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Again, this is not me telling you all. I'm just putting out my points and talking. You all are arguing against me as a person rather than the points or you're saying a conclusion like "Players will leave" but you're not saying why. The reason I say why is because I think you really need to think about why a player would leave in a change like this. Of course there are people that would have a knee jerk initial reaction of "OMG End of World." But, I think if people actually tried the change, they'd like it. So when I ask why, it's to make you think. The telling thing to me is that you can't or won't say why because you already realize what I realize. There is no end of the world if gold was zeroed out.

Also, if everyone is required to have a game under their belt to have an opinion maybe we should all just stop posting on forums.

Treasure Hunter

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
But, I think if people actually tried the change, they'd like it.
I think you're wrong!
Personally, I would instantly close every account I have.

Is this the "Illegal scripting/macroing enforcement" thread or Lore's remove all gold from UO thread?

Make yourself a new thread with a poll "who wants all gold in game deleted" and lets see some numbers.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think you're wrong!
Personally, I would instantly close every account I have.

Is this the "Illegal scripting/macroing enforcement" thread or Lore's remove all gold from UO thread?

Make yourself a new thread with a poll "who wants all gold in game deleted" and lets see some numbers.
And make sure that we are only like what %20-%30 of the UO population and you can add all my accounts with those that quit.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Again, this is not me telling you all.
Now that is funny because that is exactly what you are doing and you dismiss everyone that does not agree with you. There have been MANY people tell you why with point blank statements and you refuse, i say again, refuse to accept them as points.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They could cap daily gold though. I'd cap it high so normal gameplay is encouraged, but abuse or unhealthy playing is discouraged.
Now he is determining what is and is not healthy for a player. Are you now making yourself every bodies mommy

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I doubt that a poll is needed! It seems very simple : Frodo and Tina are spot on. Their points are well made and based on logic. Nuke all gold is not going to benefit the players, and chances are that it will directly or indirectly KILL the game.
Logic has no place in a fantasy world. :)

Popcorn? :popcorn: Beverage? :pint: Maybe a lot of beverage? :shots:

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
why are you guys still talking about wiping gold. it's a non-starter.

you want to bring the economy back in check a bit, add more legitimate gold sinks that richy rich is willing to save up 1p+ to buy. some sort of prestige or status symbol that are that are actually pretty rare, and they can even be all cosmetic.

mounts, clothing, skin dye, pet dyes, prefab house design, 10M * vet year for any vet reward (except shields ;)), artifact weapons and armor pve only, followers that do real pve damage, blah blah blah

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How? And why does RMT matter when it happens today? I feel like you all are arguing against a change using a negative point that already happens today. RMT is a separate issue. The point is to alleviate the inflation. RMT will be hampered by the original point of this thread and will further improve the economy and hinder further inflation rate.
Today when I was about to log on my computer crashed and would not boot. I called the Geek squad to come to my house to repair my PC so I can play UO. I just spent 400 bucks to play UO do you think I wouldn't spend money to get gold if they wiped the gold? Whats the difference? The RMT sites will have millions and billions before a casual gamer can get 100k.

Theres ethics and there are facts. RMT thrives on facts.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
For people that actually played and made their gold in the normal way, that is they didn't buy it from an RMT site, it might have taken them many years to amass even a small fortune. The player-base is very top-heavy with veteran players who have been around a long time and don't do that much actual playing any more, due to having families and generally less free time, some of them spend a lot of time running shops now. UO is not going to go on for another 15-20 years for people to get back what they will lose with a wipe. Anyone who has huge piles of resources can just continue as they were, but the rest of us would have to find a lot more play time to get back to normal. Most people just wouldn't bother. The economy can't be fixed now, I really don't think a gold wipe would help. It's just a shame that BS didn't foresee what would happen when they brought in shard-shields, which was a really bad idea and it allowed Atlantic to grow and grow, maybe they should have capped the population and forced players onto other shards to spread the population out in a more practical way.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A gold wipe is a pretty terrible idea. IF anything, the worthlessness of gold just promotes players to actually do more end game content. The focus being on The items and not sitting there looting 100,000 stacks of gold.

I am 100% for Gold Sinks though. Currently the only big gold sink we have is vendor fees. House Deco, Mounts, Costumes, Replica Event Drops, making a small land area with 100 7x7's and letting endless journey accounts rent them for gold each month. Or Letting them pay gold to have a BANK each month.

Low Level Player? Arrows currently selling for ~ 33 Gold Each on Vendor Search, 2 Million per 60k. That means each centaur is worth ~ 3,000 gold per kill factoring arrows, gem, and gold.. Centaurs are easy kills. Buy/craft up some quivers and toss them on a beetle, farm away. Or Kill things for Feathers, and make your own shafts, but honestly killing centaurs is easier in my opinion.

Have a finished Character?

Price on Void Orbs is outrageous right now. Farm Unbound Energy vortex's. Whestones are 6m, Void Orbs are ~ 35k-37k Each. Almost 400k+ Per Kill, Easily soloable.

Go spawn. Average 120 Power Scroll is 10.5m. With a protector you should be getting 1 120 per spawn factoring binders. Lt Sashes 50m, Stealth Cloak 100m. Average pink dropped from a fel spawn is worth 1 mill (.75 skill average 6.5m average 5.0) A solo player can easily do 2 spawns an hour if not 3 with the right setup. That's not even factoring the 250k that drops on the ground.

Go kill a blackthorn captain 6-800k for 2 Guaranteed Minax arties. That's the equivalent of looting the gold off 500+ Balrons.

Go do Shadowguard with a group. Cameos are still in demand. Especially demon, reptile, repond. The good cameos still fetching 225m, and almost NEVER on vendor search on Atlantic. If you are a tamer, this is a no brainer cake walk.

Doom, Doom Doom Doom. Ton of players still trying to get the recipes for their crafters. Scholars halos 200m+, Feudal Grips currently 50m, Cuffs archmage 30m, The recipes 150m++. Not super Easily Soloable, but with the right template and gear corpse bear cleared a full cycle in 12 minutes.

Events, events, events, events... Pay attention to the events on your server, train up an event character on another server if you enjoy making characters. With the new guaranteed drop system, eventually you will get a drop. Ranging anywhere from 50-400m pixel crack.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A gold wipe is a pretty terrible idea. IF anything, the worthlessness of gold just promotes players to actually do more end game content. The focus being on The items and not sitting there looting 100,000 stacks of gold.

I am 100% for Gold Sinks though. Currently the only big gold sink we have is vendor fees. House Deco, Mounts, Costumes, Replica Event Drops, making a small land area with 100 7x7's and letting endless journey accounts rent them for gold each month. Or Letting them pay gold to have a BANK each month.

Low Level Player? Arrows currently selling for ~ 33 Gold Each on Vendor Search, 2 Million per 60k. That means each centaur is worth ~ 3,000 gold per kill factoring arrows, gem, and gold.. Centaurs are easy kills. Buy/craft up some quivers and toss them on a beetle, farm away. Or Kill things for Feathers, and make your own shafts, but honestly killing centaurs is easier in my opinion.

Have a finished Character?

Price on Void Orbs is outrageous right now. Farm Unbound Energy vortex's. Whestones are 6m, Void Orbs are ~ 35k-37k Each. Almost 400k+ Per Kill, Easily soloable.

Go spawn. Average 120 Power Scroll is 10.5m. With a protector you should be getting 1 120 per spawn factoring binders. Lt Sashes 50m, Stealth Cloak 100m. Average pink dropped from a fel spawn is worth 1 mill (.75 skill average 6.5m average 5.0) A solo player can easily do 2 spawns an hour if not 3 with the right setup. That's not even factoring the 250k that drops on the ground.

Go kill a blackthorn captain 6-800k for 2 Guaranteed Minax arties. That's the equivalent of looting the gold off 500+ Balrons.

Go do Shadowguard with a group. Cameos are still in demand. Especially demon, reptile, repond. The good cameos still fetching 225m, and almost NEVER on vendor search on Atlantic. If you are a tamer, this is a no brainer cake walk.

Doom, Doom Doom Doom. Ton of players still trying to get the recipes for their crafters. Scholars halos 200m+, Feudal Grips currently 50m, Cuffs archmage 30m, The recipes 150m++. Not super Easily Soloable, but with the right template and gear corpse bear cleared a full cycle in 12 minutes.

Events, events, events, events... Pay attention to the events on your server, train up an event character on another server if you enjoy making characters. With the new guaranteed drop system, eventually you will get a drop. Ranging anywhere from 50-400m pixel crack.
Very good Post! I fully Support that.
The Problem is is that the little whiner wants Everything shoved Up their butts.

And honestly If somone wants to buy a Plat for Cash let him... ITS purely the devs Loss when somone need to use rmt Site for that...

Treasure Hunter

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Guaranteed drop system for EM events? when did this happen? anyone have a publish # so I can read up on this?