• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How old are you?

G

gak21

Well I am 34, started when I was 28. Man, where did those 6 years go???

N

Nick(TSG)

I just turned 18 in feb....I am at that point where I feel young but older at the same time lol... 18 sucks im ready for 21 :)

Pink Dragoness

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
aww, Stuffa, Stuffa, some of us started with pinball and moved onto arcade games when they first hit the market, and you probably wasnt even born at that time. Some of us older people never stopped playing, we just progressed on :]

P

pbtong

<blockquote><hr>

Some of us older people never stopped playing, we just progressed on :]

<hr></blockquote>
Yeah exactly, it's fun! i'm still as happy today when logging in to Atlantic as many years ago i load the Ultima III 5 1/4 diskette into my Apple ][

lol

L

Liena_of_LS

51-55 age group, a crotchety old hen not afraid of telling folks what would have gotten them fired in many other jobs.

This would have more meaning as a poll where folk could see the breakdown without tons of work sorting through individual posts to get it.

Stuffa

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
rofl my dads a crotchety hard-as-nails 45year old police officer who claims to like computer games but never bothers to actually play them so i always assume that all other adults are like that lmao. my mom prefers reading to them she says they're boring lol.

i see your point though! with the whole pinball and arcade games.... makes me wonder if i could see myself at 45 playing some super-advanced virtual reality game where you can walk around in it and feel things lol i na ... non...gross way... you know what i mean

Stuffa

L

Lord Vader

32... well at least till next week..
Tho people always think i am 22 or so... hehe

G

<blockquote><hr>

16 and already feeling too old

<hr></blockquote>

*giggles* Just wait.... at only 26 I look back and realize how incredibly young I was at 16. I'm sure I'll think the same thing of myself 10 years before when I hit 36, 46, etc.

Most people my age grew up playing video games, starting with Pong, so I don't think us adult gamers ever really stopped.
<blockquote><hr>

Some of us older people never stopped playing, we just progressed on :]

<hr></blockquote>
Exactly!

Britney, I would have guessed you were early 20-something if you hadn't said you were 17 /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Darkholme

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*pokes Arcana*

I'm in the 31-35 bracket, being that I'm 34... /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

*runs away*

/php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif

L

Lord Vader

It's my picture... well, i BET you don't look like a banana.... hehe

E

epy

youre the vader that used to hunt arctic ogre lords with me in the ice dungeon right

G

<blockquote><hr>

i always assume that all other adults are like that lmao. my mom prefers reading to them she says they're boring lol.

<hr></blockquote>

Lies. My mother is in the 50's group and she started me off on the Ultima series when I was 4 years old :p

G

*looks around in alarm after being poked*

Anyone see a ghost in here....?

/php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

C

Chinalilly

I'm in the 41 to 45 age group. Just turned 42 not long ago.

L

Lord Vader

Nope, sorry... dont have any char named like Vader.
Woooot... there are artic ogre lords in UO? /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

L

lkwillie

28, will be 29 on July 14. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif

G

13!
Yer younger than me boy!

Now I feel old.....*breaks out his rocking chair and corncob pipe*
yup....

S

Sliver(Atlantic)

I am 11 years old but have been able through watching CNN and WWF wrestling to develop a prodigious vocabulary which can be deceptive. Also the large tufts of gray ear and upper back hair can throw you off.

Y

Yngwie

I think watching the WWF would definitely make your vocabulary more colorful if nothing else. :)

G

For example,

Hey, [censored] [censored], [censored], [censored] [censored] [censored]!! [censored]? [censored] [censored]! And btw [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored]?

M

mrwarpig

I'm in the 36 to 40 range, actually I'm counting down the days till 40. That's about three weeks away /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

kentuckyjoe

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
26 here....will be 27 in august...of the group of RL friends i play with on here, im the youngest by a couple years....they range from 30-40+.....actually, i know the exact age of the oldest, but i would die a horrible death if he/she found out that i had disclosed a number on there age...ive been warned of the penalty for it...lol

A

Alexander VII

she seems nice enough to me but i don't know her that well so if you did something wrong whats she do send her white wyrm in?

E

epy

well lets just say if youre in her guild never kill any of her pets she'll make you miserable

R

Rhiannon of Luna

Checking in in the 41-45 group - BARELY. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

--Rhiannon

Sakkarah

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right in the middle of the 31-35 group. Good to see I'm not the most ancient in these parts /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif

I hit 33 in January, and seems ever since I turned 25, the years have been racing my way. No matter how fast I try to run away from them, they keep catching up and passing me before I even have time to blink . Heck seems like every time I sneeze, a year has come and gone. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

bah, my old bones are squeaking again. Better go oil my joints *sighs*

A

AerisC

I'm 28, 29 in July
I too have witnessed Brit's revenge and would not wish to be on the recieving end /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

G

wow, I feel so young compared to most of the people that have responded to this post. I'm in the 16-20 group for 23 more days. Turnin' 21 on the 24th :p This brings up some scary thoughts. Like back in the day, when I'd run to play exodus, or return of the avatar on my NES; if i ran to it and saw my parents playing it too I'd scream. Grown-ups playing a game????? That's just absurd =P