• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hand-in reward feedback thread

Masuri

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to point out that I much preferred old-skool UO where everyone ran around in whatever platemail he'd looted off the last pk who failed to pk him. I liked it back when 300k was the most amount of money anyone had ever amassed legally at the same time, and when everyone was equal in terms of their Stuff, because the stuff wasn't that great to begin with. But that game hasn't existed in more than half a decade. Let's just admit that. It's a game that is very intentionally focused on Diablo-style items. Many of us who play aren't playing for camaraderie, since our old friends don't play UO anyway, and UO is still not very socially-oriented in its interface. We play other games for camaraderie now; we play UO on the side for nostalgia, and for things like rares and decorating and crafting that don't exist in very many other games.

So please understand: complaining about the reward items isn't about greed, in wanting excessively more than you need 'just because'. It's about disappointment, feeling you deserved a better reward and being let down. For a better example: when you feel that you worked hard, and your boss intimates that you'll get a large raise, and then you don't get it, wouldn't you feel disappointed? Wouldn't you find 'greedy' to be an incorrect assessment of your motivations?

With past turn-ins - I'm thinking of clean-up Britannia - the rewards were commensurate with the junk we were trashing - perhaps even better, since I seem to recall some lovely potted plants, a singing crystal ball, and some other nifty toys, and let's face it, we were turning in whatever random crap we had lying around, some even ran out and collected more crap to throw away just to get more points. But this system - we all know that it was thrown together as a way to deal with the leftovers from the quests. That's a disappointment in itself, that there's no grand plotline, just someone tossing stuff together and hoping no one notices. On top of that, the amount of effort and storage space and time and deaths and money required to piece together a collection of these quest items is staggering, so rewarding such participation with weak items, in many cases worse or less interesting than the items being handed in, is a slap in the face. As to those who say participation itself is its own reward: I'm happy you feel such, but I don't buy that, since I wasn't impressed with any of the events in the first place. I remember good events from the old UO days, and from other games; these scripted gates with monsters pouring out, don't thrill me at all.

Let's give some specific feedback then eh?
Blessed Event Shirts - this isn't really anything special. Everyone and his brother has something like this from the AoS debacle, and in fact, those came in more styles than one shirt, and special colors too. Speaking of which, I'm still waiting for an AoS-style mea-culpa gift from the 10th Anny and Xmas disasters.
Nocturne Earrings - easily the coolest item in here, but is that really saying much? This should have been the bottom rung, not the top. Could have been better, also, by giving a choice of minor buffs, not just night sight.
RBG Sashes - not a new concept, just like the shirt, only they also devalue the existing rare sashes in game. Sigh. And sashes, like shirts, can't even be seen over most of the requisite clothing and armor, even worse in 2D when layered items can't be viewed in the paperdoll.
Scroll of Alacrity - unoriginal! I never was impressed with these scrolls, they aren't very useful for the skills that are hardest to raise anyway. But this is extra horrible, since you can't even choose the skill you want. WTS forensics alacrity scroll pst.
Sherry the Mouse Statue - I don't see the draw personally, we already have a zillion statues and spamming house NPCs/objects.
Snake Skin Boots - I can appreciate that this at least has some lore flavor, and the 2% poison resist is useful without creating balance issues. But boots are pretty ugly in both 2D and KR, I wouldn't part with my sandies for 2 PR and am loathe to see everyone in game wearing them just as they do with the AR cloaks and quivers. Perhaps better had they come in a choice of footwear styles with a choice of resists.
Knight’s Armor - this is absolutely horrible, no one will wear this when you can craft better with a 5k spined runic kit or buy a full virtue plate set.

The last year or two of UO has been a rapid decline in players and in quality, and I really believed that this promised turn-in would be EA's chance to redeem themselves and their game, their way of saying: "we're sorry we've neglected UO, that we launched KR too soon and then neglected it too, that we haven't had an expansion in years and postponed SA indefinitely, that the Magincia and Moonglow events were horrible, that the tenth anny and xmas gifts were laughable, that we forgot to bring back ToT again, that we fired our event staff and left so many old plots dead in the water."

It's not greed that motivates most of us when we criticize the events and their rewards.

It's despair.

G

Players were going to be disappointed no matter what. Item Bless Deeds and Vine Cord Sandles are not at all realistic rewards unless the point value was 1 million (and then people would complain it is too high).

The disappointment stems from holding on to some of these items for 2 years. It is hard to justify getting a shirt from a couple dozen Ophidian items. The take-away is if there is going to be a turn in it should be as soon as possible and not include items from over a year ago because people will feel obligated to start hording everything that comes along.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Oh, and Remember the last turn in? The blackrock one?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. And those who participated are lucky the Britannia government did not go after them - those rewards were so wildly over-powered that people should have known that no good could come of it

G

Copy and paste of two posts that I wrote that cover all the feedback I have for the turn in:

Boots will probably be my only choice.

No unique armor graphics on a subpar suit of armor = complete waste.

Shirts... meh. They'd go in the same forgotton secure container as AOS clothing.

Sashes... same as shirts.

Earrings... might get a pair for dungeon crawling purposes, but in general I LIKE the nighttime look in KR with how the lighting is done... they FINALLY got that part right (compared to the 3d client's "sun spot" lighting).

Sherry statue... Still iffy on that one... They don't exactly have the greatest track record with the actual Sherry or the Town Crier system currently. Maybe later.

Maybe Round 2... we'll see.

Seems like a LOT of potential that got lost along the way.

The Ophidian items looked like they were going to be part of a continuing bit of fiction running alongside the Ricardo mess. What do the journals say and what are in the Orders? What happened to Ricardo? Even the Devs don't seem to be certain from what I heard in the last Town Hall. Instead, they'll be collected into the game-ether through a system to clean up dropped plotlines and vacuum them away.

The Rat coins... well, I kind of forgive them on this one. My "vision" was that the Treasury would want them back, but I can accept a Numismatist NPC (of course this is coming from someone who is a professional numismatist by trade). And speaking of the theme of that side-plot... what HAS happened to Sherry? She worked for a day or two, then failed to respond to anyone and now noone knows where she's gone except for occasional out of game "report" postings a while back.

Magincia Rubble: Seems like a LOT of it is better off as deco anyway... especially the flora-based pieces (both burnt and unburnt by player tastes). I could see someone turning in some of the walls and if they kept the "dust" particles, but some of the other stuff?

Moonglow items: Planesword and shield... might as well have been tickets anyway.

Then there are the cursed artifacts... some will be easily turned in, others not so much until people who have them and use them can afford The Real Thing™.

Power/Vanq/Mystic weapons: Maybe some of the extras that aren't used, but I doubt that people will part with one in their chosen weapon type with good mods.

Berserkers' (including Ophidian special weapons) Weapons: Either the point system is completely skewed to require these or noone is going to part with them.

Just too much lost possibility in terms of fleshing out a few different concurrent storylines so that people can have more access to more parts of the world to enjoy an ongoing event at the same time without camp-fatigue.

I hate to be a downer on the whole thing, but I have to agree that the first round doesn't really stoke my passion for the events going on in the game.

I'd rather see more work done on KR right now than a seemlingly half-hearted turn in.

I

imported_Xana Banana

soooo since i cant reply to the thread i started maybe someone here can help me. I started a thread to say ty to everyone for working on the game as well as thanking the players who have helped keep it going for so long. my thread was then locked and a link to this thread was posted. WHY!? what on earth does saying thank you for such an awesome game...GAME PERIOD not recent or prospective additions to said game...have to do with the rewards? just a mite confused and a touch irritated :/

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Overall I have to admit that I am not impressed with the rewards. I am really excited about the nightsight earrings, but that's it. That being said, even if no adjustments are made to the rewards, I won't complain.

Shirts - some of the sayings are cute, but in a kewl dood kind of way. There could be a few with something like "Noble Warrior" or "Defender of Brittannia" or something of that nature. Also, there should be more clothing choices. A shirt is not something that can be seen underneath armor. A robe, dress, half apron/apron or cloak may be a bit more desireable.

Nocturne earrings - love them

Royal Britannia Guard sashes - I like these but I can understand disappointment with these. It's kind of a "been there, done that" reward. I have a few of these already and will not part with my precious rubble for this reward. If I didn't already have some, then these would appeal to me.

Sherry the Mouse Statue - May appeal to some, but I don't want a statue of a mouse. I want a shadowlord statue or fallen angel statue- something fine and grand. Something to remind me of the many battles I fought defending our noble lands. I say keep the mouse but add a few more statue choices.

Snakeskin boots - I haven't made up my mind about these yet. I would prefer a bit more resist - at least 5%. I would also like these in the form of snakeskin sandals, snakeskin shoes, etc. I might get a pair depending on how many points they require.

Knight's Armor - Pure deco, completely useless for anything else. It does not have max resists and will most likely not be mage armor or have lower strength requirements. I don't want this, not even as deco.

Scroll of Alacrity - Nice reward, but I won't choose it because it's random what skill we get. I already have enough herding and taste id scrolls from the other event.

G

Snakeskin Boots should be Swamp Boots, and the statue looks more like Jerry the Rat than Sherry the Mouse and Sherry despises being mistaken for a rat (not to mention that impostor, Jerry).

Past that.. the armor is a bit useless, but whatev.. i'll just be happy to have more storage space again finally, and the new stuff is still more useful than what's been sitting around.

G

Seriously? Other than Sherry the Mouse because of her place in Ultima Lore, or the earrings there is not one thing on the list I would want - for any reason.

Sorry Devs ... not this time. I'd get better use from any ingots from smelting the Mystic, Vanq, Power stuff I have.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am disapointed with the "first round" of turn ins. A lot of us have been holding on to event items and asking for numerous types of turn in/clean up systems for years now. The blackrock traders handing out high end runic's did raise our expectations too high for this turn in.

I like two kinds of *reward/gifts*. Decorative ankhs, cannons, singing balls, dye tubs... those are great. They are unique/creative, and the ones that are functional add depth to the game. How about an item that adds a gump to your veteran ankh that shows your current karma/fame level in the form of progression bars? No hard numbers just a rough visual idea of the % to the next tiers. Just trying to think outside of the stuff we already have that adds some depth without being too over the top.

The other type I like are fully functional rewards. Here is where people are divided the most. OMG its overpowered or this is weak useless item! I like items that have the potential to add new things to my characters. The nightsight earings are a good example. The snakeskin boots are a nice attempt but pretty weak - I liked the idea of their being tied into the old ultima swamp boots but how? Maybe add immunity to level 1 poison in stead of any resists? Personally I would rather see 2-3 to each resists than just one. The mouse statue I dunno about. The crier system has been basically useless for what 4-5 years now if it ever was really *useful* past year 2? If the system actually became a part of gameplay for most people, then yes the statue would be a nice idea. Sashes, t-shirts, *YAWN* - more collector stuff to me.

Overall I just feel we have waited way too long, and that most of these items are underwhelming at best with not nearly the thought put into them that could have been. And what is the deal with this being the *first round*? Are we going to be able to turn in our stuff and keep these tickets for future rewards? How is that going to work? We need a lot more information on this.

G

IBTL

Seems a thread I started to just thank those people for doing this was locked. They could have just told us that there would be no turn in and that you can toss all that junk in the trash can. At least we are getting something for holding all that junk and I am glad.

Thank you.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bit dissapointed its very male orentated. Shirts? Why not a dress or a skirt? Why not the choice? Personly i think my name should be put in on it too. Like "Jahira-Tor da da da..."

The armour again, only male, or will we be able to have a choice of a female plate chest piece?

G

Well I think the rewards are cool but the stuff we are handing in for them is a bit much.

I mean none of the items really suck but I wouldn't say they are exactly rewards for the items being handed in. For instance who in their right mind would turn in an Inavlis Burchete for a shirt or some worthless white decoration armor and while that may be the most extreme example what about my mystic ophidian bardiche do you really think i would turn that in for some points towards the items they listed? Hell no!

So basically the problem with these rewards is that they do not match the price. They expect us to hand in items that are good to get items that are not good. Sure I would hand over all the rat coins and junk rubble for a shirt and some earrings and maybe a few pairs of those snake skin boots but there is no way in hell I would ever give up a good item for any of the stuff listed.

What is a piece of rubble worth? What is a rat coin worth? Well I can tell you this much with the current list of "rewards" they are offering the ratio should be 1:1

K

Kakitasteel

I'm still debating on this one ,on one hand i have 4 char's that will really appreciate the earrings....

then again ......... there is no real balance when compared to the blackrock turn in(which you got for just picking them up off of the ground not fighting anything) val hammers 60 ash hammers etc, compared to t shirts, sashes etc totally lopsided.

so i saved my ophid items yay cool i no longer need nightsight pot's which i'm fine with BUT, for somone to get 1 scythe and it apparently be worth like 8500 pt's (assuming from what i've prev read) compared to all the ophid journals, orders i have kept for 2 yr's?????

if i started playing this game 6 months ago i could of bought from vendors, or earned at the current event more than somone who's been playing for a few yr's time.

i agree it's not easy to try and please everyone involved...who could??? but hopefully there will be another round of turn ins and the dev's could really suprise all of us... who knows..... so for now i'll just say ty for the earrings and leave it at that..

G

The blackrock turn in stuff was a big mistake, but was also necessary because they needed enough people to greedily latch onto it so Haven exploding could be considered feasible.. if they had offered typical stuff like here, do you think enough blackrock would have been turned in for them to be able to justify it happening?

Here's hoping they never do that again. Ever.

G

We've got the blackrock turn in on one side, and this current one on the other. One had rewards that were TOO high quality and the other has rewards that simply aren't worth the time, effort, insurance, repairs, and storage costs.

Something in-between would have been nice.

Even still, regardless of the power level, or desirability of the rewards, they still come off to me as a "have to do something" to deal with the plotlines that have been abandoned.

We UO players (maybe even the MMOG genre in general) are getting VERY used to the idea of gathering or creating something, then turning it in for some sort of reward. Is it good game design? Probably to a degree. UO has had areas where it has been done very well (original Clean up Britannia, ToT, BODs) and areas where it has been done rather poorly (Heartwood, this new turn in).

G

It's an item based game, but don't bash the Devs. The player community needs to take their lions share of the blame. There were tons of posts wishing that items would matter, that the game would be more like Diablo. So to lay the blame at the Dev's feet is wrong. They did go with player suggestions and now we're lying in the bed we made. Me personally, I'm not a slave to uber elite items. Most of my RP characters have junky armor by everyone else's standards. What I do enjoy is tweaking junky armor for junky armor and seeing how it affects my game play. That's just me though.

As for the items being released, I'll be collecting them all, except the T-Shirts. I'm a roleplayer and would want to wear something which doesn't feel like I bought it at a sporting event. Having said that, it would probably appeal to the humor of the more general player which is fine by me. Still, if I'm being totally selfish, I would've liked to have seen something different like a Tunic which can be seen over armor. I would also have liked to have seen it titles with something like Ceremonial Champion of Moonglow Tunic or something like that. Likewise, it would be nice if the RBG sashes were released with similar titles rather than just rereleasing something old and done. How about Hero of the Ophidian War, Champion of the Rift, Defender of Magincia? Then people may be more eager to turn things in to get the different titles in the different colors.

The main bone I have to pick with this turn-in is the devaluation of Ophidian Rations. We've waited years for these things to matter, which should increase their value for the turn-ins. As it stands now, however, all my ophidian rations I've collected probably won't add up to the berzerker scythe I'll be turning in. There's just something entirely wrong with that. There's no reward for taking part in older events and for the patience to keep those items around. So that's my bone to pick.

At any rate, I know it is easy to sit here and nitpick. Those are my first impressions, but I'll wait until it is finally released to draw my final conclusions.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The blackrock turn in stuff was a big mistake, but was also necessary because they needed enough people to greedily latch onto it so Haven exploding could be considered feasible.. if they had offered typical stuff like here, do you think enough blackrock would have been turned in for them to be able to justify it happening?

Here's hoping they never do that again. Ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, didn't even know what I was missing out on, as I didn't turn in blackrock. My characters are opposed to the Shadowlords, they won't take their rewards. The hope, however, is that the list that has been floating around in the event fiction contains the names of the characters who succumbed to their greed. Hopefully this will play out in the future. So yeah, maybe the rewards were incredible, but perhaps there is still a price to pay for it.

G

Oh yeah, in regards to the poison boots (or swamp boots as I hope they are named), there's that new event area in the Britain sewers which has a pretty wicked poison zone. Is it possible for these boots to make one immune to just such a zone? That's how the swamp boots worked in Ultima 6 and I think 5 as well. It would also let you guys use more of those poison zones for future events or perhaps regions in the Stygian Abyss.

G

Actually, at least a portion of the "blame" rests on the constant talk from the devs that "The Ophidian items will have a use".

While the weapons obviously DID have a use, many people understood it to mean that it at least included the Journals and Orders as well. Once the Ophidian/Ricardo plotline was abandoned, the use for those item evaporated and now had to be cobbled in to this "clean up".

I will agree that the players do hold a share of fault for having higher expectations than what the items actually hold. But at the same time, they're also looking at the items based on rarity, utility, or decorative value versus what the "rewards" for turning them in may be and they/we find them rather weak in comparison.

Personally, as a professional numismatist, I've thought about pricing a bunch of my rat coins on a vendor at different levels with little blurbs with dates, varieties and so forth. Sure I may be one of the few people who would understand the fun in doing it, but for me it'd be more enjoyable than a "t-shirt" that would end up in some forgotten secure/bank container.

Between the lack of comparative utility between what we are giving for what we are receiving and the feeling of content that could have been, but has been lost and must now be expunged leaves me quite a bit disappointed.

G

My comment about the blame game was in reference to the "UO is now item based, Devs you suck" crowd. That comment wasn't specifically for these items. I was unwhelmed when I saw the list initially, but as a roleplayer, I can work with them. Out of curiosity, how does everyone feel about the anti-virtue dungeons arties. If they had released items similar in power to those, would people be satisfied? Would others think they were too powerful? I personally enjoyed those items.

G

I thought they were reasonably well balanced.

Sure you had a 70s resist blessed, self repair suit, but it was at the cost of reducing your mod slots down to TWO items, and it wasn't meddable.

It also had its OWN set of graphics.

As I stated previously, there's NO reason to choose the Knight's Armor over the Virtue Armor either in terms of utility or decorative purposes. As it's been stated, you can make a better suit of armor by smelting Planeswords and Planeshields as well as the Power/Vanq/Mystic weapons and use some of the white Tokuno dyes and make a better suit of armor than the Knight's Armor... for less items worth of cost.

The rest of the items for the 10th anniversary were also well thought out. I just wish the drop rate currently wasn't so atrociously low in Trammel currently (during the event, I thought it was low, but after I found the right locations, in reality it was fine).

I also think that the Treasures Of Tokuno were very well done in BOTH tiers. I kept and used several of those items both minor and major.

I have no problem with the game being a bit more "item based". I think HOW it was implemented could have been done better though.

I

imported_Lord Kynd

can we get a heads up on the second round and info about it please ?

i would rather save what i've gathered in hopes for something good. frankly this stuff is garbage.
night sight, 3% posion resist,devaluing guard sash's,another statue,,,,

elf + auto night sight ( if it ever gets fixed)
night sight is on many items..

3% posion resist, is that little amount worth a darn, really ?

guard sash's where once meaningfull and special to many people and with no benifit other than the honor it ment.

statue does what ?

G

In another thread I started thinking about the possibilities of some of these items having hidden mods such as the cloak of corruption.

Now I've started to wonder if maybe some of these items are what we will apply the threads to in order to imbue them with special mods.

Just thinking there could be more to this than what we've been told so far.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know....After taking a step back and really looking at this situation, i have come to the conclusion that this is one evil april fools joke and we are all falling for it. I was thinking if i wanted to play a trick on everyone and make them believe it, how would i do that:

1. I wouldn't do it on april 1st but still in april
2. I would make a fake joke (IOU and moongates) to make them think that was it.
3. I would hit them where it hurts.

I am so not falling for this. No more posts about this topic or feedback from me until april is over and this is actually live.

G

<blockquote><hr>

In another thread I started thinking about the possibilities of some of these items having hidden mods such as the cloak of corruption.

Now I've started to wonder if maybe some of these items are what we will apply the threads to in order to imbue them with special mods.

Just thinking there could be more to this than what we've been told so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a nice thought and just for imagination's sake, what would happen when the threads were used? What would the thread do for the silly t-shirts and the Sherry the Mouse statuette? I could see the earring, boots, and knight armor being more useful if additional properties were unlocked by the threads. Perhaps even the sashes, though I guess the shirts would fall into the same category. So would it be something like, this is the base mod items and you can turn in threads in the second stage of turn-ins to improve these items? So they start off underwhelming, but wind up being the only items you can customize with properties?

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm rather dissapointed in the turn in. A lot of effort went into collecting this junk, ...for more junk. I'll get a statue or two I guess, that's about it.

I fail to see why people think giving out anything that can be used for battle is a bad thing. People act like this should be "rare" and that should be "rare". Rare is lame. Rare equipment and item grinds are one of the major reasons people have quit since AoS. Remember?

Sure, in its current state, you cant flood the game with too much stuff....well....too late anyway for that. Eh, it all goes back to item decay, and stuff like that. But, rare, definately ...lame.

So, long story short. The turn in is a letdown. They could have made new arites, new statues...well, we got one..yay.... they could have made the boots much better. Heck, the dang things should give 1 or 2 to every resist. What would be wrong with that?

Back to Oblivion and Grand Theft Auto IV (coming soon!)

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

S

Sindris

RTLFC

I am pretty satisfied with whats being offered for exchange. I mean the stuff we are turning in amounts to junk or decorative items. I see no reason to be giving out 'Swords of Godstomping' for what amounts to saving toenail clippings. While some make decent decorations, most of the stuff turned in will not be missed by most, myself included.

I sure am glad I didn't waste my time collecting those Planeswords though. With the 100's of shilver shillings, copper coins and gold sovereigns that I got spamming wither on a bunch of RATS I should have plenty of points. Be glad to rid of those rations and ophid weapons too.

Of course thats just my opinion, I could be wrong.

G

A sherry dartboard! Yay!

Put a little blue bow or something round it and we're sorted!

Oh + apparently its in marble.

G

First, thank you Devs for taking the time to develop the new rewards/ticket turn-in system. I do appreciate your efforts.

As to the rewards currently listed, I could have wished for other items - not artifact quality pieces, but other things either especially useful or delightful. By delightful, I mean rewards like the old Clean Up Britannia hair &amp; beard dyes, which were unique in their time. An example in the useful category would be the personal bless deeds offered a few years ago.

I just feel that...we are cleaning up our junk and being offered more junk. Of course, we have to use up more of our current junk to get fewer items of the new junk, so I guess that puts us ahead. Doesn't it? lol

Please don't think that I am whining, but I truly believe the devs do want our honest opinions about the game. I love UO, have played a long time, and will continue to do so, even if I occasionally call attention to areas that could be improved.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
While I am about evenly split on the items (some are ones I've wanted for a while, some are not good at all)....

Stigmatas, I have the opposite view.

I fail to see why people are acting as if things that aren't good in combat are a bad thing - after all, 90% of the abusive posts have been from people going "OMG this sucks, none of it will do me any good in combat!" (and usually by "Combat" they mean PvP).

I think the boots could have been better too - I also think we could have used some more statues (our own copies of "Gary's" miniatures from the Gygax tribute room, for example).

BUT...

after having the 10th Anny stuff be all combat-related (even the necklace and statue give bonuses to (all combat) regens or (PvM) loot, respectively), it was refreshing to see a reward system not so heavy in combat bonuses. After all, the ToT minors had the urns and sword displays, and the majors had the dyes (should have had more deco - suggest if a ToT III ever occur, the Spring Decor items become majors).

Perhaps the second round of the Spring Cleaning might have the ability to turn in the first round stuff - or even require it for some items. If you have a two-stage turn-in like that, it allows you to put some really nice things that have an effective turn-in cost that would have discouraged turning in of the really low-value items (would you be more likely turn in 1000 unstackable items for 1 point each for a 1000 point valuable item, or turn in 1000 for 10 points each toward a 10,000 point less-valuable item, then turn around and turn that item in for 1000 points in a later round with the more valuable rewards? In actuality, you'd be paying the same both ways, but due to psychological reasons the latter is more likely to bring about participation, since the small items have more "value" in the first round - sorta like the experiment with 2 glasses of liquid, both with the same amount in them but one tall and thin, where children and many adults automatically assume the taller vessel has more liquid)

G

The Shirts would be more usefull if players could input their own phases, which is what i first thought was how it work. I had thoughts of getting shirts that said I placed first in Thunders scanger hunt, things like that that would have been usefull in the game.

The earings I have no issues with, will tryi to get a pair for each non elf char.

The mouse statue bothers me greatly, the pic i saw it was at a weird angle, and it did not look like the "marble" state they claimed it would be. Perhaps this was just a bad pic and it will look better in the game.

Snake Skin boots, no issues with these.

The armour I see absolutely no use for.

Overall I am disappointed with the rewards, I didn't expect uber items, rather was hoping for unique or usefull items.

I

imported_Cyrah

That is mouselike! I am not a fan of the base. Always want to remove my mongbat off of it. It just does not sit flat or something.

So, are we stuck with the Sherry the Rat? I just wish they would sometime post a few choices and let us vote.

I do hope all is well in devland.

G

Bless the earrings.

Get a choice between boots and sandals. I also think that 2% in each resist doesnt break Ultima.

Sherry statue is ok.

The shirts, honestly, are lame-ish, if you really want feedback.

The sashes are okay but having them say something like 'Defender of Magincia' or whatever town the sash's color is.

G

Defender of Britannia sounds better, since the guard refers to the EM events.

And named shirts are hard - You can get people putting WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW in, or renaming it to something that already exists. Imagine the scams you could get as well. How about "A Fancy Shirt Made By (name) [Exceptional]"

T

TirNaNog

<blockquote><hr>

That is mouselike! I am not a fan of the base. Always want to remove my mongbat off of it. It just does not sit flat or something.

So, are we stuck with the Sherry the Rat? I just wish they would sometime post a few choices and let us vote.

I do hope all is well in devland.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone's so difficult to please...

New less dart-inviting bases and in a marble hue (okay- I don't know how to add a real marble hue and not willing to spend more time on it). This is more along the lines of what I pictured in a Sherry statue though - she is small and cute, and stands up to talk to her human friends.

G

I &lt;3 your mousie creations!

I wish any of those were the graphic we would be getting...I know I'll be putting a little wedge of cheese nearby for her.

Yenji Yasagari

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of course, the Ninja is forgotten again. I would not have cared if that knight suit was a completely useless ninja suit, at least its ninja! MORE NINJA ARTIES!

M

mdacc#one

Looking at the price of current items it would be interesing to see how many tickets we can get for each of them and how many tickets it will require to get the new rewards.

Prior to this announcements if I rememberd correctly items were sold at thise prices:

Plain shield - 5-10k
Plain sword - 5-10k
threads - 100k
Ophidian rations 5-10k
Ophidian journals 10-25k
Snake Skins 10-15k
Power weapons 5-10k
Vanquishing weapons 25k
Mystic weapons 50k and up
Berzerker bardish 1-2 mil
Berzerker scyth 1-2 mil
cursed artifacts from 5k-500k
copper shilling - 5k
silver crown - 50k
cold coin - 100k
Invalis Bruchete - 150 mil

let me know if iam off

I

imported_controlfive

nightsight earrings are a more imbalanced reward than the runics the traders gave us. which is worse: making a spell, potion, and armor property completely useless, or potentially giving people a couple good weapons?

B

BadManiac

My main poroblem is that out of all those rewards only the earrings are actually useful. And even then they are only suitable for human female chars. Feels like they left out a hefty part of the playerbase there...
All the rest are complete junk. 2 Poison resist? Please!

I

imported_Cyrah

Perfect! All 3 mice are!!!

So we turn in items to named npcs then get tickets that go to one collection box?

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I´m semi happy with the rewards

Sure I´m a packrat and a bit greedy too, but there´s no need for ultra rare items, or items that give and mod/stat bonus.
On the other hand, I would have expected something more usefull. Where´s the jewel storage case? Or a bit of love for those ppl who still grow plants (seed storage box for example)?
At least some different graphic would be something that makes those rewards a bit more special. I truly was disapointed when I saw the snakeskin boots! I was expecting something looking just a tiny bit like "snake skin" and not just rehued tailor-style boots. Same goes for the shirt... it´s so damn common.

If I could ask for a specific reward, I´d love a tool to redesign hats! I´d love to have a skullcap on my fisher, instead of this lousy mage hat!

Well, no one said those rewards would be something special, but a reward has to be at least a bit special in my opinion before you can even call it "reward" for taking a risk while collecting or storing those items over years.

G

Abolute Crap !!!!!!

Then again my earlier posts discussed /asked what the players wanted/expected only to be closed by the mods....mmmmmmm....plzzzzz let me into the click....

G

Those are the worst rewards I can even imagine.

Nothing is useful, and even the deco is ugly.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You used the wrong pillow. Sherry's is the plain round one:

G

i repeat what i posted earlier. im glad that there are no overpowered items in these rewards, arent there enough?
i do however wish that things like the mousie statuette did something original. remember the singing balls. most noises in uo and even today is desirable and for me far more desirable than things like the all too common vine cords. who cant put together a decesnt suit without those? When they come down to 25k i may consider them

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

1. Generally, mixed feelings.

2. The UO team was damned no matter what they did. Items of any REAL use would be decried as over-powered or harming crafters or the like. Honestly how much better COULD the rewards have been made without major, major whining and pancakes and screaming from the other side of the aisle?

3. I personally have no use for any of them. (I could have had a use for the earrings, but for RP reasons Galen wears an earring already, a gift from his wife.)

4. I will get some of the items to sell (earrings).

5. I worry that the point values for each item may be rather low, given that at least some of them turn-in items are of GREATER value than the rewards are.

6. Why oh why are items specifically associated with "Good" (as I am assuming the Knight's Armor is) generally of LESS use than items associated with evil? (Blackthorn's Kryss-Demon Slayer is of FAR more use than is the Blade of the Righteous for example. Keeonan's Chain Mail is of FAR more use than the Holy Knight's Breastplate.)

7. They really didn't HAVE to have a turn-in at all, ya know.

-Galen's player

I

imported_Skrag

Bizzaro-Moonglow full of a whopping 3 monster types was boring after 2 days. Collection items are all silly junk. Rolled a newb in WoW.