• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hand-in reward feedback thread

G

Haven't seen any threads dedicated to just this subject, maybe I can start it!

So what do you all think of the rewards? Voice your opinion here. I have my own, but ill just start the thread!

G

Slightly disappointed with the mousie statuette. would be great if it changed colours or made random uo sounds etc.
glad not too overpowered stuff

G

Yeah, the mouse is the old rat gump graphic. It would look better if the graphic faced south and at the right perspective (IE not toward the player!)

M

mmmbeer05

the items are severely WEAK. i was expecting ToT quality items....

guess not

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's just it......player expectations. I tried looking, and there's nothing anywhere that says(from the devs) that the turn in items would be "incredible, phenominal, cutting-edge, or the equivelant of treasures of tokuno....( I spelled it out, alot of new players have no clue what a ToT is)

Greed is rampant, that happens with an item based game. Materialism at it's worst.

I say be lucky you got what you got. Don't like it, don't play.

By the way, snakeskin boots......then I'll be a snakeskin cowboy, just like steady teddy.

I

imported_Risso

I'm sure all the negative people would prefer the Sherry statue if it gave out cheese to go with their whine

C

Connor_Graham

"I tried looking, and there's nothing anywhere that says(from the devs) that the turn in items would be"

The previous rewards for the earlier events in this same story arc are what led players to believe the rewards would be on the same level. To give out Valorite hammers and Orny's in one event, then turning around and offering a shirt that says "I went to Moonglow and all I got was this lousy shirt" is a let down.

G

It would appear that the DEVs never really gave much thought to it, and threw this stuff together at the last minute. I guess they had more important things to do, like go after cheats and scripters. How is that going by the way?

K

Kith Kanan

<blockquote><hr>

"I tried looking, and there's nothing anywhere that says(from the devs) that the turn in items would be"

The previous rewards for the earlier events in this same story arc are what led players to believe the rewards would be on the same level. To give out Valorite hammers and Orny's in one event, then turning around and offering a shirt that says "I went to Moonglow and all I got was this lousy shirt" is a let down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well giving out orny's and Valorite hammers was blinking stupid !!

the devs finaly learned not to hand out over powered items at these events , BIG KUDOS !!!!! Event items should be rp only or if any statsat all then minimal pvp impact stats , no silly sashes with lrc/mr and what not !!!!!

G

I'm not sure what to think tbh. I'm not much of a collector, I'm not even sure I'll have enough of the required items to get anything at all.
I might be tempted by the earrings and boots.

Unless I'm severely mistaken the suit is fairly pointless, offering less protection than basic gm crafted and very little in other benefits.
I may have misunderstood, but as far as I can tell it's less use in combat than the virtue suit, and the only use I found for that was to dress a vendor in it.

I

imported_Coppelia

I'm just wondering if the Knight's Armor has special powers in Ethereal Void or if it's neon crap everywhere.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Well giving out orny's and Valorite hammers was blinking stupid !!

the devs finaly learned not to hand out over powered items at these events , BIG KUDOS !!!!! Event items should be rp only or if any statsat all then minimal pvp impact stats , no silly sashes with lrc/mr and what not !!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. The stuff given out for the BL trade in was way over the top. But couldn't they have even given an ounce of thought and creativity over this.

Instead of a Shirt with some half a$$ed saying, why not a Surcoat with some original graphics, perhaps a different design for each of the 4 Factions, since Factions is "reportedly" suppose to be playing an important part in this story line progression. The shirt, when worn, will be under any armor the character is wearing, so it wont even be able to be seen. A surcoat I believe, shows up over the armor, like a Robe, which was their purpose IRL. And perhaps a similarly designed "Faction" Robe for people who play Mage characters. But I guess that would have been too much work for the obviously overworked graphic artist(s)? on the team.

W

Widowtaker

Trying not to sound too negative here but my comment would be:

They completely suck and show the highly decreased level of talent within the Dev team and their TRUE dedication to this game. 'Nuff said.

The entire thing has been a waste of everyone's time.

Have a nice day.

Peace.

G

Earrings and boots with mods are overpowered anyway; Even if the mods are only night sight or minimal poison resist. Its already too easy to have an uber elite suit. There shouldn't be mods on things like earrings, shoes, half aprons, etc. - its stuff like this that makes everyone look like clones wearing very similar gear. Sure, you can dye stuff to mix things up a bit, but still...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'ts taken me awhile to reply to this post.

First of all I want to say that I am not here to be my *usual* fangirl, pom-pom shaking Rah Rah GO UO self.

I love this game....but.....that's just what it is...a game. It's a fully immersable online world where friends can be made and lost, dragons can be tamed and slain and armor can be crafted and enhanced. A game where one can build a castle...or a small tower and decorate to their hearts content....one can grow plants, even hybrids. Cook a variety of delicious foods, even things that help warriors in battle.

A crafter....can go....just a few feet from his home, chop a tree...logs to boards....boards to.....whatever! Let your imagination flow! Furniture, statues, bows, arrows, crossbow bolts....it's endless! Luminescent fungi, an alchemists tool. Bark Fragments, a carpenters tool.....there's a place for cooks, gardeners, crafters, fletchers....warriors...tamers.....healers stealthers the world is SO diverse! You can do 20 different things in one *day* in UO. Fight fearsome Dark Fathers...shiver as you try to tame a mighty dragon..laugh as you go to the tavern and have a few drinks with friends, Slay the mighty Dreadhorn for his prize...or Lady Melisande in the hopes you can dye your hair a different color. Hunt the Earth Elementals for a varity of seeds to grow a magnificent garden.

The vision of UO has been lost...but it is NOT the fault of the Dev Team...all of the above can STILL be done! AND MORE! But UO's *society* has changed....gone are the days where Sosaria's residence are happy with their gardens, their friends, their hunting parties....enter a new age of civilization....

Leet Roxxor Itemz....*sighs*

Sure I haven't been here for 10 years, but I"ve been here for 5. I wasn't here Pre-AoS, I don't know what it was like THAT long ago...but for the 5 years I have been playing I have enjoyed EVERY aspect of this game and continue to do so.

Sure I drool over the Vine Cord Sandles and the partisian of chaos sash or whatever it's called...sure I'd LOVE to have every pixel ever invented in this game....but I don't NEED them to enjoy the game I love to play.

I am VERY happy that they didn't offer UBAR LEET items as the trade-in rewards. You destroy a beautiful city like Magincina and expect what??? Vine Cords?? You slay countless ophidians for what???? NOT for the fun and the excitement of saving your towns, but for the ubar loot.

What happened? Why must everything be GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE! I want this I want that. I want leet roxxor items so I can pwn ze noobz at yew gate???

Anyway my 2 cents *grins* I am happy with the items and will be getting at least one of each

G

its the basic risk vs reward everyone was babbling about.

I took the risk and died many times, as did many of you, and the reward:

a T-shirt that says, I took the risk and all I got was this lousy T-shirt as a reward.

edit: and the earrings, although brilliant for non elf characters, make the night site mod on armor a completely wasted mod, even more than when tailors have been crying to have it removed.

G

I think that its clear the armour set was intended to be useful at least to an extent, other why give it any mods at all? And what about the Luna White colour? Seems like a good idea, but there needs to be more research into what people want and what will be desireable. This is a reward after all!

I think that if it was given no mods or resists aside from maybe mage armour and 10% physical, then it would at least be something different. The full set would give it a brighter white (the white that existed before the bod reward cloth - what youd call "Pure" white, the colour of the white wyrms) colour and an extra 10 physical resist. That way, it wouldnt be better than anything, but it still gives a maximum resist. Can't be used for pvp except perhaps a duel with a dexer, but it could be ok against ogre lords or whatever.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'ts taken me awhile to reply to this post.

First of all I want to say that I am not here to be my *usual* fangirl, pom-pom shaking Rah Rah GO UO self.

I love this game....but.....that's just what it is...a game. It's a fully immersable online world where friends can be made and lost, dragons can be tamed and slain and armor can be crafted and enhanced. A game where one can build a castle...or a small tower and decorate to their hearts content....one can grow plants, even hybrids. Cook a variety of delicious foods, even things that help warriors in battle.

A crafter....can go....just a few feet from his home, chop a tree...logs to boards....boards to.....whatever! Let your imagination flow! Furniture, statues, bows, arrows, crossbow bolts....it's endless! Luminescent fungi, an alchemists tool. Bark Fragments, a carpenters tool.....there's a place for cooks, gardeners, crafters, fletchers....warriors...tamers.....healers stealthers the world is SO diverse! You can do 20 different things in one *day* in UO. Fight fearsome Dark Fathers...shiver as you try to tame a mighty dragon..laugh as you go to the tavern and have a few drinks with friends, Slay the mighty Dreadhorn for his prize...or Lady Melisande in the hopes you can dye your hair a different color. Hunt the Earth Elementals for a varity of seeds to grow a magnificent garden.

The vision of UO has been lost...but it is NOT the fault of the Dev Team...all of the above can STILL be done! AND MORE! But UO's *society* has changed....gone are the days where Sosaria's residence are happy with their gardens, their friends, their hunting parties....enter a new age of civilization....

Leet Roxxor Itemz....*sighs*

Sure I haven't been here for 10 years, but I"ve been here for 5. I wasn't here Pre-AoS, I don't know what it was like THAT long ago...but for the 5 years I have been playing I have enjoyed EVERY aspect of this game and continue to do so.

Sure I drool over the Vine Cord Sandles and the partisian of chaos sash or whatever it's called...sure I'd LOVE to have every pixel ever invented in this game....but I don't NEED them to enjoy the game I love to play.

I am VERY happy that they didn't offer UBAR LEET items as the trade-in rewards. You destroy a beautiful city like Magincina and expect what??? Vine Cords?? You slay countless ophidians for what???? NOT for the fun and the excitement of saving your towns, but for the ubar loot.

What happened? Why must everything be GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE! I want this I want that. I want leet roxxor items so I can pwn ze noobz at yew gate???

Anyway my 2 cents *grins* I am happy with the items and will be getting at least one of each

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been playing a bit longer than 5 years, not that much, but a bit. And I agree with much of what you said. This GAME is what you make of it, and it still can recapture much of what it once was. But what I have to disagree with you on is that MOST of the blame with the current state of UO can be laid squarely at the feet of the DEVs.

True, there are may too many "GIMME, GIMME, GIMME, l33t roxxor" players out there, but who lead us down this item based road to begin with. Despite numerous opinion, request and idea threads, the DEVS have maintained an almost fanatical "I know better than you" attitude when it came to implementing game content and changes. Even to the point of starting a post requesting input from players, then completely ignoring everything that was said by people who, quite frankly know the game mechanics better than most of them.

This turn in illustrates the overall failings of the of the Devs, both past and present. Take the Ophid items. Many feel that there WAS to be some sort of continuation in the use of these items that would play a bigger part in the story line. Granted, this was never "officially" confirmed, but at the time, it was heavily implied. This continuation, for what ever reason, was apparently put on the back burner and over time, abandoned.

I can't say about the Coins, because I didn't participate at all in that event. But I seem to remember posts about these, suggesting that they would have a future value.

The Magencia rubble, cursed artifacts and the like. Other than mementos, who knows.

Then we are told we can turn in all the things we have collected and held on too for going on to 2 years now. And for what. Items that must have taken the DEVs 1, or perhaps even 2 coffee breaks to come up with. Apparently, just to close up a few loose ends that they no longer wish to deal with.

The BIGGEST detraction of this game, the BIGGEST cause of the degradation of the UO *society*, is that this HAS become an ITEM BASED GAME. And that we have the DEVs to thank for.

And that's my 2 gp worth.

A

Asmodai/Embryo

'lead us down the item based game road to begin with'

i didnt choose to play an item based game, but thats what i was given and thats what i've gotten used to. It not the players fault that the dev's completely changed the game, and the only reason those people exist is because someone royally [censored] this game over. I cannot see how you can criticise those who want items, as its now the foundation of the game.

G

Well you won't be able to hand anything in, Asmodai, because all the hand-in locations are in TRAMMEL. I found it a bit odd that there are no places in Fel for handins.

And Ktorr - I totally agree with the item use thing. I think that the idea was to have some use for each items, but when it came down to it they just decided they'd throw it all together. It sucks for people like us who were at all of these things, saving every stupid grey fishsteak, but lets face it - they have to make everyone happy. And a hand-in system that favours people who kept these items penalises people who threw them away, even though that sounds reasonable to me to an extent.

Not sure about the shirt slogans. If you've only attended this event and saved items now, how does having a shirt saying you took part in the ophidian invasion make sense! AoS clothes made perfect sense because everybody who got clothing was there.

The rewards aren't a big issue to me, its how you get them that is. It doesn't feel particularly rewarding to have kept all those fairly low value ophidian items if their misleading supposed "use" was also shared with other, more valueable items later on.

T

TheGwy

I'm looking forward to the shirts, but I wonder if we get to pick our own phrases or will we have choices to pick from....would be pretty HOT if we picked what our shirts say tho

G

See in the pics sure, see ingame? I doubt it - hidden under all that armour!

The faction ones should be cloaks or robes. Make them secondary-faction colours to go with faction robes. Crafting in factions is broken right now, so you cant make faction clothing or armour. Be nice if either it was fixed or we could get it as rewards!

K

Kratos Aurion

Dissapointed for a few reasons:

1) the britain sashes are reusing hues on current EM sashes, devaluing them.
-upside, new sashes have shortend titles so it doesn't kill them completely.
-suggested fix: use new unique (saught after) hues that make them desireable

2) The shirt phrases are a bit limited and weak. From what I've seen, theres no option to add the players name into the phrase making them our "own" unique, individual item.

3) The snake skin boots are good BUT, why boots? we already have pads of the cu sidhe. Why not a different shoe style or optional/random shoe style.

4) The earrings I believe are going to be 10k points. A bit over exaggerated in point value but they will be useful.

A

Asmodai/Embryo

10k of points for those earings? i'll stick with the nightsight pots that cost me less than 300 insure everytime i die ...

seriously these rewards suck. at least make the boots sandals so they still adhere to everyones favourite type of footwear

G

Not entirely true. If those are all the colours, then 5 look like dye tub hues, one is just a luna-white bod reward colour sash, another looks like it is possibly one of the fire armour hues but the last is one only used for bracelets of binding and melisande hair dye - aka - "Blaze". It is essentially a negative hue like glacial, so it looks terrible if used in excess, but the Europa guard sashes were sort of a mix - they had lighter colours at both ends of the hue range so it gave a rather unique look.

Nevertheless I agree that the sash desireability will go down somewhat, given that now you can get them here. Also, I find it sort of insulting - surely the guard was recruited by EMs - who gave sashes out. Now youre giving out one to anyone who can afford it basically. As if we didnt have enough guard sashes already!

Not that big an issue though tbh.

G

Lame. Why I would expect more from people who blew the 10th Anniversary, Christmas Gifts and can't run an event is beyond me.

G

<blockquote><hr>

'lead us down the item based game road to begin with'

i didnt choose to play an item based game, but thats what i was given and thats what i've gotten used to. It not the players fault that the dev's completely changed the game, and the only reason those people exist is because someone royally [censored] this game over. I cannot see how you can criticise those who want items, as its now the foundation of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not criticizing those who want items, I'm criticizing those who created the NEED for items.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
personally i think they should have left the sash's alone and like you said, make some sort of robe or even a new shroud in relation to the different factions.

A

Asmodai/Embryo

now that's a cool idea... make them shrouds!

*edit*

make the faction ones faction colours... not the robe colour but the horse colours. imagine an army of factioneers on faction horses with faction shrouds!

[this thread is not endorsing bank sitting factioners - you should not be allowed to ride a faction horse in tram:)]

K

Kratos Aurion

<blockquote><hr>

Not entirely true. If those are all the colours, then 5 look like dye tub hues, one is just a luna-white bod reward colour sash, another looks like it is possibly one of the fire armour hues but the last is one only used for bracelets of binding and melisande hair dye - aka - "Blaze". It is essentially a negative hue like glacial, so it looks terrible if used in excess, but the Europa guard sashes were sort of a mix - they had lighter colours at both ends of the hue range so it gave a rather unique look.

Nevertheless I agree that the sash desireability will go down somewhat, given that now you can get them here. Also, I find it sort of insulting - surely the guard was recruited by EMs - who gave sashes out. Now youre giving out one to anyone who can afford it basically. As if we didnt have enough guard sashes already!

Not that big an issue though tbh.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO as a collector, it makes all the difference. Why pay 10-15m for a EM sash (refering to europa gold) when you can buy a reward sash of the same hue for much less? It makes EM sashes undesireable.

and most of the colors used for the sashes are already used in EM sashes

-Ice White (legends event sash)
-Glacial Yellow (europa sash)
-Royal Blue/Navy Blue
-Bod Purple
-Bodish Red (also used from sonoma sashes)

which means the blaze, light green and yellow are just other random chosen colours.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
also remember this is only phase one, they may be reading these comments and there still may be hope for phase 2....or we may get some mongbat sandles, some cargo shorts and an actual case of beer lmao

I

imported_Sirion

Sherry statue:
Because I played Ultima 6 first, the image of what the statue would look like was the mouse standing on its two feet, instead of crawling on the floor like a mouse :p

Boots looks good

Sash is okay, but the armor plate is disappointing.

I think adding the resource like last time with the Traders would be great, but adding more different resource.

U

uo addict

Why not add the Tokuno rewards to the list? That should not be too difficult - just make x points equivalent to a Tokuno Minor that you can then trade in. The Tokuno reward system was very popular and the items still have value.

G

Ice white was the Catskills color too.

Not responding to the thread responding to the poster.

As far as the thread...

Didn't care enough about "what" the items were going to be that we traded in for to be too disappointed over what we are getting. I'm just glad I was justified in saving all this junk for so long. *laughs*

G

I guess I just expected something that would go along with the battle/risk theme of what it took to GET the items. Or barring that, something useful but not overpowered. Maybe a metal dye tub that people have been begging for for years? This would the perfect opportunity to put that in. I have one guard sash from long ago EM events. I earned it by participating in a battle. I could actually agree that a guard sash would go along with the lore of these battles but make them somehow unique, something that reflects how these were earned instead of the other sashes.

OR what about a weapon? Not anything overpowered but something that would fit all classes. Maybe a choice of weapon depending on your fighting skill but that had the same mods as every other one? For example, a weapon with a small hit chance and swing speed increase but this weapon could be chosen in the form of a bow, sword, ax, etc. Heck taking it one step further, why not an engraving on the weapon of some sort that reflects that you were a warrior in the fight for freedom or some such? Just something with some imagination that actually FITS the scenarios for which the turn in items were collected!

I suppose I was envisioning something with the swords and shields along the lines of turning them in to help outfit the armies of Britannia to defend the lands. Some sort of reasonable story line.

I don't feel let down because the items aren't "uber". I feel let down because it seems like a total lack of imagination on the items. It feels like they just threw random pixels at us instead of tying the ends together. It's sort of like when you read a REALLY good book and you get to the end and the end makes no sense. It seems that the author couldn't figure out HOW to end it so they just stopped.

Hopefully the upcoming stuff with the cloaks and threads and round two (if there is one) will have some more thought.

C

Connor_Graham

"OR what about a weapon?"

Considering the warriors we're fighting are Fey, I was really hoping we'd see Fey slayer weapons and spellbooks finally after asking for them for several years now......

But then I guess that would make sense..... what was I thinking.....

G

Kratos - The yellow sash is nothing like Europa's FAR brighter, and a totally different look to it. So many it would devalue all sashes but it goes perfectly with the ugly Melisande hair dye of the same hue. All other hues can be obtained from making your own sash of the same colour - so the idea that the colours themselves (other than the blaze one) rather than the name could devalue existing sashes isn't that much of a worry to me.

As for the sherry statue me too - sort of in the same style of the squirrel statue (although a little nicer looking I hoped, squirrel's tilt angle looks a little wrong), I expected something more like a kangaroo on it's legs, standing up all cute.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I guess I just expected something that would go along with the battle/risk theme of what it took to GET the items.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like handing in snake skins is the way to get the snake skin boots? Or an ophidian statue (perhaps bronze, silver, gold for each tier) for the ophidian and berserker weapons? Or a grey ophidian statue that, when claimed, displays the character's name and how many rations and orders were handed in? Or a selection of magical items for handing in bits of magincia? NAAAAAH SOUNDS DUMB! I prefer Knights armour!

G

<blockquote><hr>

make the faction ones faction colours... not the robe colour but the horse colours. imagine an army of factioneers on faction horses with faction shrouds!

[/ QUOTE ]

Er - horses are the same as robes - the primary faction colour?

TBH the shrouds would be good - they'd be different from robes but imagine a purple or blue shroud.. or red.. SL would just look like a shroud of shadows though :/ or umbra if it was the secondary colour

G

<blockquote><hr>

Like handing in snake skins is the way to get the snake skin boots? Or an ophidian statue (perhaps bronze, silver, gold for each tier) for the ophidian and berserker weapons? Or a grey ophidian statue that, when claimed, displays the character's name and how many rations and orders were handed in? Or a selection of magical items for handing in bits of magincia?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly!!!!
Or heck, as long as we are taking the "theme" route, what about some sort of title similar to what you get from the other community collections, since it's going to be a community collection? None of these ideas are overpowered or "uber" or "l33t" but they go along with the THEME of the whole thing.

OK, and another thing that sorta confuses me, faction tshirts? Sure they are making changes to factions BUT did factions play ANY role whatsoever in this whole thing? Nope. Nothing was mentioned about factions up until the last few weeks. Soooooooo, if you are going to make factions a part of this, then add the faction themed stuff to the second round AFTER factions actually played a role? Continuity and THEME again.

I'm just saying......

G

Assorted thoughts ...

No, they don't fill me with Tokuno-level awe, but I think people are underestimating the difficulty of pleasing everyone ... walking between "items are too important" and "these items are not important enough". Some people didn't collect the event items, some people did yet eventually junked all but a few for their personal collections, some people have held on to a dream, even as the plans for the world went topsy-turvy (in a way some of the controversy here is karmic payback for the caretakers of the game not wanting to fully admit that the whole Inu story cycle had fallen off the rails). So here we are, in a time where the game needs to clean up the old threads and chart a course into the future. The old dreams of a use for the items could simply be abandoned, but the devs have decided to take the effort to offer a turn-in ... something that rewards the faithful but also doesn't severely punish those who gave up hope and cleaned their closets already.

The rewards cover the bases: shirts for the corny pixel candy, a community building statue for guild halls, a suit of armor for collectors, sashes for a token of honor. Sure, the devs could have created an entire publish around the spring cleaning alone, but at this point I just want to see a line drawn to separate the past and future so that we can start looking more often forward instead of back.

To me, the more interesting question is not about the rewards, but rather the entire concept of a reward collection. Does it work? Or does it encourage some to farm relentlessly while others walk away discouraged? If so, how can it be tweaked to focus attention back on the story? (assuming the majority care about the story?). I like the system, although I think event collections in the future need to have some sort of diminishing returns to encourage everyone to participate a little, while moving the bar ever higher as a person makes more claims so that the game doesn't get flooded by successful farming.

So in short ... I'm actually pretty content. Were the rewards more powerful, I'd be upset that I've avoided some events or hadn't mercilessly farmed. Were there no trade-in, we wouldn't have closure on past carrots.

K

Kratos Aurion

<blockquote><hr>

Kratos - The yellow sash is nothing like Europa's FAR brighter, and a totally different look to it. So many it would devalue all sashes but it goes perfectly with the ugly Melisande hair dye of the same hue. All other hues can be obtained from making your own sash of the same colour - so the idea that the colours themselves (other than the blaze one) rather than the name could devalue existing sashes isn't that much of a worry to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its just a difference in opinion I guess. What ever your playing aspects are. I've invested a lot of gold into brit sashes and could see these sashes greatly affecting the price of the matched hues to the corresponding EM sashes. It will make selling to the general publich much harder, and most collectors already have those hues.

But my main concern is the colors theyre giving us. We've been looking at most of the presented colors for years. Why not give us something new to begin with?

I

imported_wrekognize

I don't think every item for events needs to be overpowering, or amazing. My issue with these items is the sayings on the shirts. It really bothers me that they are not more in line with the feel of UO.

This is the first time in about four and a half years that I really have no desire to log into the game.

I feel like there was always a reason to be involved in the past, but now why should I be involved, to get a shirt with mindless sayings on them? The other stuff is not desirable either.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like i said before: Expectations and Disappointment.

For alot of people this is their first real event since coming back and considering what has come of the past events, people were expecting more. Sure, Val Hammers seem a little over the top but why start something like that and then give out T-Shirts? It's not like we had to go dig up these items with 0 mining skill. We actually battled and got killed for em. Some people even lost rare mounts in the void.

Honestly, i could care less for crap that doesn't help me fight. I just feel if you are gonna offer something, make it something worthwhile or just don't offer turnins at all.

Yes this means that i would rather no turn-ins at all.

Perhaps the library will take em one day and i can finally work my way closer to that item that will take forever to get since i don't script.
Perhaps i can sell em for that uncursed orny i was never able to get.
Perhaps i can trade em for that 120scroll that i will likely never get because they are all insanely overpriced and horded by pvp guilds.

I also don't understand why some of these things are the tradein list:

Vorpal Blades (Even though the effect doesn't work) are still top of the line fencing weapons

Mystic Weapons (and also vanq power) - Umm don't we still need these? If you think they are dropping like they were in magincia you are incorrect.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*I rather have the Doublet instead of the shirt (so it floats ontop of the leather tunics)

*I like the mouse statue

*I love the night sight earrings.. I'd like them to be blessed. And I think it'd be even sweeter if it added 50-100 luck.

*I think (On the boots) that 2% poison resist is almost a joke. It's Basically like there is something there just as a tease (it's really just a plain pair of named boots). I'd imagine it'd need to be 4-5% poison resist.

B

Bill420

Does anyone have any information on if there will be a future turn in because it seemed to me that some things the dev's were saying suggested this isnt the only one. I'm wondering if I should be turning in all these items now than or if there is some sense in saving a decent portion of them for a future turn in with different items. If anyone has read anything I might have missed which could clarify this it would be greatly appreciated!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Does anyone have any information on if there will be a future turn in because it seemed to me that some things the dev's were saying suggested this isnt the only one. I'm wondering if I should be turning in all these items now than or if there is some sense in saving a decent portion of them for a future turn in with different items. If anyone has read anything I might have missed which could clarify this it would be greatly appreciated!

[/ QUOTE ]
For some reason people are under the impression that this will be the first round of turnins because of a statment made previously. They also, for some reason, believe the next turnin will include different rewards for the same turnin items instead of items that havn't been included in the first turnin. Unless the criticism they have received over the rewards has changed don't expect anything to come from you keeping items that are currently slated for turnin but rather expect "the next round" of turnins to be for cloaks, threads or otherwise.

S

StaticOnAtlantic

Im sorry but i have to!

HAHAHAHA TO EVERYONE WHO BOUGHT ALL MY Ophidian ITEMS HAHAHA! I MADE $$$ AND YOU DID NOT!!

HAHAHA CHALK ONE UP FOR ME!

O yea thanks btw.