• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

{GUIDE} How to get to your accounts management page

W

Woodsman

:lol: "Wait until ..."
:talktothehand: Wait!
You WERE "joking" about them not fixing all of anything?
They HAVE fixed those "problems" ? ticking along smoothly are they ?
*phew*
Sorry you misunderstood me, the Star Wars players who had linking/account problems seem to still be having them - they haven't heard back from EA. However, they aren't going crazy just yet since Star Wars hasn't hit their launch date.

I was just saying that I shouldn't joke about Star Wars having problems, because those problems are similar to ones people are having in UO now, plus if they become really serious at launch and Star Wars loses customers, UO would be in trouble. The last time an EA MMO lost a lot of customers, UO lost a lot of devs.
EA has been "hacked" from the inside mon friar
and whether it was intended or unavoidable incompetence manifesting a consequence
Never should have happened to begin with ... now should it? /agreed?
That I don't know about. I knew about the old BioWare site that was hacked, and somebody posted the link about Warhammer players getting overcharged like crazy last year (and this new Origin.com billion system is different than that one), but beyond that, nothing that I've heard.

If there was a security issue, that could explain them rushing this new system through and not slowing down when problems occurred with the Star Wars migration. But them getting hacked from the inside....that's hard to believe.

A

Aboo

I was able to make my Master Bioware Mythic Account and link my UO accounts with it fine. Now I am getting e-mails telling me that my subscriptions have stopped because there is no credit card associated with them and I am blocked from playing.

I go to the account management page, log into my Bioware Mythic account but can't get to my UO accounts. I get the page asking if I "Have a Mythic Master Account?" but get an error EVERY time I try to log in with my Master Account name and password. If I choose "forgot password" I "Request Account Password Change". When I put in my "Mythic Master Account" name I get this message: "The Master Account is already associated with an EA account. Please login with your EA account"

I feel like I have gone round in circles for an hour now! What am I doing wrong???

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, I got that when I tried to log in with my 'mythic' account, ie my regular uo account with _uo on the end.
Your 'EA account' is the one where you put in your email address and have a password for that.

Barney_wins_UO

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HAI!

I accesseds my EA accountsh, but it no sayds stuff abuot my UO gameds an now my huoses maybe falld down :(

Hlep.

Maybe I haev the Mythik passwrod etc? How I get it?

Where the link accuont button? I no seeing it.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
HAI!

I accesseds my EA accountsh, but it no sayds stuff abuot my UO gameds an now my huoses maybe falld down :(

Hlep.

Maybe I haev the Mythik passwrod etc? How I get it?

Where the link accuont button? I no seeing it.
Hey Barney, glad that you got to your accounts!

http://i51.***********/2mxoq3a.jpg

I hope this helps a little bit better. And don't worry your houses won't fall down.

If you need any more information just ask :)

G

Ghost71

I did login. But it don't show any UO accounts, i try logging in with the Mythic master account tried my email and my uo login but neither worked. I'm not even sure what the persona name is supposed to be. Everything i try it says is already taken, even my account names. I login then it goes to the account management, and has new ea account setup and the mythic master account, and that's where i'm stuck. I try the forgot my password for the Mythic login, i use my UO account name and i get a email, but yet when i try using my UO account to login it won't work. And now it's telling me account locked for 30mins when i tried logging in using my UO account name.

Ugh, i'm still able to login to uo with my uo name/pass but when i try on the website says that about account being locked. I'm using the same login and password too.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question:

What is the advantage of linking all your accounts together other then getting all your accounts banned when you were looking for ****seed oil?

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What happens if you cant access the email address for the UO accounts, is there another way of getting the accounts linked up?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What happens if you cant access the email address for the UO accounts, is there another way of getting the accounts linked up?

At the link account page. Where it says Mythic master account name enter your account name_uo with the accounts password and press link.

Mythic master account name is only a different name for your UO account name.

Monokofsiege

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Tried the link account 4 times, and each time it says success, but they never show up under the current account heading nor under subscriptions.
Also it only listed two of the 3 accounts I have and when I typed the 3rd in under Mystic master account, including the _uo, it just gives me an error processing. Normally I wouldn't be to concerned, but I received an email for only one of my accounts saying the subriction was over and the account would be closed.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
after it says 'success' you have to continue and confirm to complete the link.

F

Fayled Dhreams

If there was a security issue, that could explain them rushing this new system through and not slowing down when problems occurred with the Star Wars migration. But them getting hacked from the inside....that's hard to believe.
Heh! okay ... you just missed my comparative analogy about "hack", no biggie
someone from >outside< your website/desktop, messes with your software / data ... that's a hack, yes?
someone from >inside< your company/house, messes with your software / data ... that's a __________??
three pages of thesaurus euphemisms >may and have been< applied ... okay?

Sony got hacked from the outside ah! "“external intrusion""
EA accounting lost its mind before it approved the migration thing OR there was a "internal ________"??
*shrugs*
it is ongoing and indescribable, and not likely ever to be linkable like sony above (an explanation that one may wrap their head around)

Fayled saying something is indescribable ... Well, you have to know Fayled to know how much that says ...
Fayled? oh he be loving some symbolic/syllogistic Logic on a par with Math as a whole.

O'well, here at the end, the end of Fayleds presence ... none of that really matters any more.
I'm just doing a few final note clearings, and you just happen to be one of the few left.
Been nice enough yakking atcha, so, here's a thing as a reward ... a token of my appreciation, if you will.
IF in the future, after I quit posting, and that day is rapidly approaching,
If Ya "think or feel" that some "other name" might be me on an alt
It ain't, it am not, it is .false.
That is as pure a truth as you will ever see.

Do with it as you please.
G'day.

K

Kayne

Hmmm so I linked perfectly fine. However both my accounts have gone inactive - both were on automatic renewal. In fact one says active til the end of this month and the other is listed as CLOSED???? WTF

I tried re-subbing but its trying to charge me tax...I'm not paying almost £2 in tax for something I've never previously been charged tax for

Rosalinda

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rosalinda, I suggest you submit a ticket through support.ea.com and tell them you have more than nine UO accounts....
OK Tina, thanks, did that. What I've ACTUALLY asked in the first instance is:

"Following the recent account migration exercise, I have successfully linked 9 UO accounts to my email address. However, I have more than 9 accounts that I use, and will need to pay for in the near future. So..

1. will you be increasing the number of accounts that can be linked to one email address - if so, how soon?
2. alternatively, will you please provide a way to unlink accounts, so that I can replace the less urgent ones with the more urgent?
3. failing either of the above, can you assure me that houses currently on unlinked accounts will NOT decay?

I hope you can provide me with some answers, as I know that I am not the only player affected by these concerns."

Response:

"Due to complex nature of your issue, I am escalating issue to the higher tier."

Or is that by ANY chance EA-speak for "duh, wut?" :hahaha:

Rosalinda

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well!

"...We are working on these issues. Unfortunately we do not have an ETA on when this will be finished. As long as the accounts are active your housing will not decay. What we have been asked to do is have you create another account for each 9 accounts you have for this game...."

So that's official, OK? :)

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is totally unacceptable. I can't even ****ing log in to my accounts I've had for 14 ****ing years. No more $ for you EA ever. You turned a simple thing as logging into a ****ing game account into a corporate cluster ****.

K

Kayne

http://i53.***********/qqxvtd.jpg

It will ask you to complete your profile. Don't bother..close that out and go back to your account management page.
Just a note to anyone who hasn't yet logged into the new account page.
If you own Battlefield: Bad Company 2 or Command & Conquer 4 you will already have an EA account that is the same as the one required for this.
The image above from Larisa shows the page where it will list BF and C&C for instance.

M

Mairut

Ok, so I linked my account, got the activation key, entered activation key and spambot code... and now it's asking me to make a game account name.

"Next, you need to create a game account. This is the account that you will use to actually log in to the game."

I put in my "old account name" (the one used to log into the client/old account management)

It's telling me "Game account name is already in use".... Well no sh*t sherlock, it's the one I use.

Anyone know what to do about this, maybe I screwed up somewhere in this process, or will I have to make a new log-in name...?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone read this post : Update CC If they have to update there CC Expire date or other info.

It works on both Subscriprion button or update renewal button.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
:thumbup:
High five for Larisa again. Someone hire her for the position of awesome.

I can't take all the credit, alot of people supplied very useful information in this thread.

Cheers! :pint:

F

Fayled Dhreams

I can't take all the credit, alot of people supplied very useful information in this thread.

Cheers! :pint:
Heh!

anyways ... got the friend of a friends house up on origin ...
trash barrel located within reach of the few boxes/crates
all my characters cleaned out there and deleted

Once the cleanup goes live there(should wait until live/working ALL shards?)
I'll have them look for your named char on origin and pass you a rune ...
Meet ya at the house and co-own ya ...allow some time for you to do your sorting
(some of the cast off weapons stuff >may have value<) other than clean up ...
*shrugs* it'll be your stuffs so ... you'll have time to do whatever before I trigger a drop there

oh yeah ... you get the palm full of GP for the house too ! *beams*

*winks* besides the "items" ... 2 Lavenders of compassion

Fayled

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Heh!

anyways ... got the friend of a friends house up on origin ...
trash barrel located within reach of the few boxes/crates
all my characters cleaned out there and deleted

Once the cleanup goes live there(should wait until live/working ALL shards?)
I'll have them look for your named char on origin and pass you a rune ...
Meet ya at the house and co-own ya ...allow some time for you to do your sorting
(some of the cast off weapons stuff >may have value<) other than clean up ...
*shrugs* it'll be your stuffs so ... you'll have time to do whatever before I trigger a drop there

oh yeah ... you get the palm full of GP for the house too ! *beams*

*winks* besides the "items" ... 2 Lavenders of compassion

Fayled
:sad3: Still sad to see you go my dearest Fayled, I shall never forget you.

And thank you for the kind offerings, I hope that when the time comes for your last curtain call, you'll allow me the honor of saying good-bye.

Until then....

:danceb: (I shall never look at broccoli quite the same way again :hug: )

I

Idun

Hi everyone. Have been reading all this stuff about new account management and I succesfully linked my UO account to my EA account (I believe :/ ). But i get this when I press the subscriptions button and display my info (watch the attached file)

Does anybody had this problem when displaying the info or it's just me? :/

Attachments

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi everyone. Have been reading all this stuff about new account management and I succesfully linked my UO account to my EA account (I believe :/ ). But i get this when I press the subscriptions button and display my info (watch the attached file)

Does anybody had this problem when displaying the info or it's just me? :/

You can easely fix that.

All the way on top change the language to france or geman then set it back to english. Then it will it display right.

I have the same display problem. I think its because my PC language is dutch (dunno how to explain it otherwise) and not one of the 4 language you can toggle it in.

S

sbom

i get this

Error

There was an error processing your request

Return to the homepage.
I've tried to reactivate one of my accounts for past 10 days and still getting that error message. Were you able to get it fixed? If so, how?

Thanx.

S

sbom

They have to fix that error with the UO account name. Only then you can see your UO account status.
I've tried to reactivate one of my accounts for past 10 days and still getting that error message. I have spent about 5 hours on the phone with EA support so far (Most of it listening to standby music...), to no avail.
How do I go at getting it fixed?

Thanx.

S

sbom

welcome to the club... we all receive a special card from devs with : "We forgot that UO has gametime codes"
I've tried to reactivate one of my accounts for past 10 days and still getting that error message. Were you able to get it fixed? If so, how?

Thanx.

S

sbom

Unfortunately not :(
I am able to go all the way to the bottom of the first link's steps but when I press the "Save" button of the last step, then press "confirm", is when I do get the error message :(

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
http://i52.***********/eju2io.jpg

Thanks for the guide Larisa.

It doesn't do anything for me though when I click SET DISCRIPTION and refresh.

I have N/A for Method and Amount, do I need to go through my payment options again?
When I click the Set Description button it does nothing. I refresh and it still does nothing. My "Cancel Subscription" button is still missing.

I haven't really played UO in 2 years and I just got billed for another $65 and 6 more months. I just want to cancel my accounts.

I'm going to be billed for another $65 on my 2nd account on December 3rd if I can't get this fixed by then. I don't play this game anymore and I don't want to pay for it.

Help please.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
When I click the Set Description button it does nothing. I refresh and it still does nothing. My "Cancel Subscription" button is still missing.

I haven't really played UO in 2 years and I just got billed for another $65 and 6 more months. I just want to cancel my accounts.

I'm going to be billed for another $65 on my 2nd account on December 3rd if I can't get this fixed by then. I don't play this game anymore and I don't want to pay for it.

Help please.
I had a different issue, and called 650-628-1001 for help. The person I spoke with was very quick to fix the problem. If all else fails, you might want to call.

iamSnippa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Help please.
While I completely understand your concerns, I'm a little surprised a thief such as yourself is not interested in playing anymore when thieving is about to get a decent little boost. I hope you will continue to host (if you are the owner of the site) uothief, there are many stories of adventures yet to be told.

You may want to call in to make sure that you are not charged, and I would suggest either having your bank reverse the transaction, since it was unwanted, or speak to EA about having it refunded. There is no sense in waiting to see if the site is fixed before you're billed, especially if you need the cash.
Sorry to see you go, good luck in whatever you do.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Help please.
I would contact EA by email (unless you're close enough to not have to pay a fortune to call their toll number, I can't myself as last i tried it burnt nearly $10 in minutes off my phone....). If they dont fix it in a few days it's not an authorized transaction and the company has been unresponsive, contact your bank and report it to be reversed.