• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Good Bye, Good Luck.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*waves a seriously silly goodbye* I could do a lot with the money I spend on this game. I hope your newly released funds prove fruitful for joy. :)

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
hey @Blackie

New player - "Man, I made 1m in the dungeons this week, pretty cool"
Old Timer - "Man, I've got a collection here worth millions, put together over 15 years! Pretty cool"
Gold Famer - "Man, I did 2 EM events and my script gatherers have been running 24/7 but I didn't hit 12 plat this week, this sucks"

New player and Old Timer - "WTF man, 12 plat in 1 week automatically?!!!, why am I bothering...I'm out"
Honestly this is why I quit Neverwinter. I found a really cool cave that I could pop in, kill some goblins, harvest some resources, then hop out and reset. It was a great little farming spot and I thought I was getting ahead. Then I noticed 8 other bots with ridiculous names doing it repeatedly like clockwork and it just took all the enjoyment out of it for me. If it weren't for Tmaps there would be no joy in UO for me as well.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly this is why I quit Neverwinter. I found a really cool cave that I could pop in, kill some goblins, harvest some resources, then hop out and reset. It was a great little farming spot and I thought I was getting ahead. Then I noticed 8 other bots with ridiculous names doing it repeatedly like clockwork and it just took all the enjoyment out of it for me. If it weren't for Tmaps there would be no joy in UO for me as well.
T maps are one of the more fun things to do now days :)

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What the hell man!! You can't leave. I Just took the summer off and was about to get back into the idoc scene again lol.
But for real you are one of the rare genuinely good players and one of the most stand up dudes I know in the game. Hate to see ya go
Good luck in your endeavors
forgot to mention. Can I have your stuff?

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
hate seeing a longtime player go... but i understand you Scribs.
take care and good luck - enjoy your "free time" :)

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Scribbles you old fart... Your keeping an account on...?? That's not quitting.
Stop all the frowny faces and ether get off the pot and listen to reason or close it all down and go have a good life.
Mesanna is not going anywhere.. get over it.
Your power is moot, if you are going to act like a little kid and boo hoo it for them not doing your will.
Your 1 vote sugar and I didn't make you my Leader in UO matters. So drop the fallen King routine.
This game needs its elders to make our guilds work.
I have known you so long and am very surprised of late of this attitude I been seeing and hearing of.... This is not you.
As for the rest of you ..... sorry to see you go?????
Get some guts and tell him why he should work to keep UO going ... tell him the truth of his actions.
if you don't like what I am saying ....
*My sisters favorite line*
BITE ME

Get a grip...
UO needs its powerfull elders to make the game more, not less
Hands Scribbles a strong cup of coffee....
Wake up sugar.
yes we do care about UO.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How wrong you are Blackie.......

I have had a talk with others and Mesanna has been addressing a great deal of issues the game has had for years.
Just because she and the team have not gotten to any issues you have or know of is not that she is ignoring them.. perhaps just the opposite..
Not every issue UO has is as easy as that last one fixed...
Meaning :
While you might find one issue that's bugging people in a line of code... some others may take a bit of digging
Speaking from experience with code work...
loose or add in an extra period or comma and what should be easy find can turn out to be months of searching.
Much hints come from you players as to where to look.
With each report of how when where and with what gives more information to where to pin point its location.
Think of how many publishes are on top of some of these hidden gems of bugs.... not an easy dig to get to the true reason.
The pealing away each layer of code from the years is not a easy job as it sounds.

As for the cheaters ... they too take a lot more then just grabbing on one account of their deeds...
And its true that kill off this one's account(s) and a new one pops up a few weeks later to take their place.
Sometimes its the same guy!
I know this much is true as I once knew of a banned player who for over a year kept returning to harass a GM... he kept making new accounts even though he was perma banned... how shall remain a mystery.

You ask a lot when you just give a players name and say they did this ... and expect to see a wall of gm/dev dive in and boot them off the game... it don't work that way for a reason.
You might not like they are getting away with murder but the GM's and Dev have to follow set rules to oust a player from the game ...
This is a lot more then just your word they did it.
Did you know the law of the state has a lot to do with it. yup..
If they didn't follow these laws and regulations put there to protect players the game would have gone belly up many years ago.
Sorry to say even cheaters have rights.

In my opinion the loss of players have made this the real issue... Players are needed, their subscriptions, and game play give more coverage of the cheaters actions.
If more played this wouldn't not be effecting the mass majority left in the game. Not being there to catch the budding cheat in the beginning as they use to be... now its the full fledge master the game has to deal with.

My recommendation is to get more to join in... If you didn't see my other post let me repeat it.
Get on your facebook, twitter, etc,, and invite your friends to join you. Stop the bad mouthing and think... dear old aunt Julie and uncle Bud need a way to talk to family and get back in the grove INVITE to UO... yes its old and not hip to the new but this will be a way for family to see each other nearly everyday
friends to keep up that close friendship even if they have moved off the state from you.... look you all have nice size friends lists you know UO.
UO is world wide...
A good reason to stretch our fingers out and do the walking to make more at home in UO.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When the GMs start doing something about the foul language (f-bombs) then I might make an attempt to bring a few more players in. Had a couple of grandkids starting up, haven t had em play since the language started back up on my shard.

Someone-not me- paged on it, the GM in chat told the guys doing it "y'all are funny, have a nice day" or something to that effect...so evidently now you can even say whatever you want to as long as it isnt racist.

My whole guild got 72'd one time for "suggestive" titles...guess that would all be okay today too.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When the GMs start doing something about the foul language (f-bombs) then I might make an attempt to bring a few more players in. Had a couple of grandkids starting up, haven t had em play since the language started back up on my shard.

Someone-not me- paged on it, the GM in chat told the guys doing it "y'all are funny, have a nice day" or something to that effect...so evidently now you can even say whatever you want to as long as it isnt racist.

My whole guild got 72'd one time for "suggestive" titles...guess that would all be okay today too.
I have seen some bad language on Legends. I admit I was part of it last week when group of us were talking about Mayweather - McGregor press conferences. If you know about McGregor then you know any conversation by him or about him always includes some f-bombs. I mean McGregor wore a suit pinstriped with "F-U" to the first press conference need I say more. Again I apologize Uriah and I try make sure Jirel watchs her PvP potty mouth. She's been behaving fairly well.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have seen some bad language on Legends. I admit I was part of it last week when group of us were talking about Mayweather - McGregor press conferences. If you know about McGregor then you know any conversation by him or about him always includes some f-bombs. I mean McGregor wore a suit pinstriped with "F-U" to the first press conference need I say more. Again I apologize Uriah and I try make sure Jirel watchs her PvP potty mouth. She's been behaving fairly well.

It was a little worse than bad.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Lady Storm - I couldn't agree more on a small code error possibly causing grief in the game. I coded business apps for more than 25 years of my 40+ in the IT field. I can't begin to count how many times a missed parenthesis, period, semicolon or something just played havoc with folks.

I've stayed silent so far in this thread except for an early response. However, what I see is pretty much a hijacked farewell thread from one of our veteran players. Can't we all just get along <Spartan doubts THAT will happen> and start this convo in another thread.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
so evidently now you can even say whatever you want to as long as it isnt racist.
That seems to be allowed also these days... it can be seen almost daily in Atlantic general chat. A guy spammed the N word for about a minute straight a while ago just to prove he could get away with it. He did I guess, since he is still there.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I asked Mesanna on that N word and a few others being bantered around... I was a bit unhappy with the answer I got but I do see her point.
IF they banned every player who uses this language there would be very few in the game left. IT has become in society ok to use such language in public and curbing would take up so much of the Dev's time it would better served to ignore it and deal with the real problems. IT is also behoven to us all to curb this. Say something.
These are your friends... if its not ok with you say so... do you want your 2 year old to spout this to your mom or her great grandma? or to the head of your church?
daycare? then why allow it in your game. People make it ok by not saying anything... like bullying if you do not open your mouth about it nothing will be done.
SO SPEAK UP
PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I asked Mesanna on that N word and a few others being bantered around... I was a bit unhappy with the answer I got but I do see her point.
IF they banned every player who uses this language there would be very few in the game left. IT has become in society ok to use such language in public and curbing would take up so much of the Dev's time it would better served to ignore it and deal with the real problems. IT is also behoven to us all to curb this. Say something.
These are your friends... if its not ok with you say so... do you want your 2 year old to spout this to your mom or her great grandma? or to the head of your church?
daycare? then why allow it in your game. People make it ok by not saying anything... like bullying if you do not open your mouth about it nothing will be done.
SO SPEAK UP
PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN.
We pay for the game, I fail how it's also our task now to police the game. I'd rather go the way the OP is going than doing their job for them. I also doubt there is dozens of them, it's rather a very vocal minority, which knows everything goes with a paid sub.

But good luck telling the trolls to shut up. Sure, they will listen instead of trying even harder. Simply another case of "we don't ban anything that pays a sub".

I also wonder where you have all this talks with Mesanna. I didn't see this questions at the meet and greet, but I guess she also hosts private audiences for the fanboys. Too bad she doesn't use that time to fight those issues.

Last edited:

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Honestly these trolls do what they do to get players to quit. Why? Easy because 99% of these are hardcore Idocers like *ahem* He-who-must-not-be-named.
The more vets that quit, then the more idocs with rares, server births, vet rewards, etc. The only thing these big turd blossoms seem to forgot is who are they
going to sell their stuff to when everyone but them is GONE? Each other? Its sad because Scribbles is leaving and once again the trolls win.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where do I learn this stuff???
I pay attention to the Meet & Greets and read up on larisa's print of ones I cant get to.
Well back last year I was at one of the meet and greets and asked about the rampant swearing if there was a way to curb it down.
I had a young grandnephew watching me play. He is young and impressionable.
I was carefull to watch the chat so he didn't get a eyeful of the locals.
When I asked what the GM's or Dev could do....
She was very blunt about how much they could do.
Pretty much nothing..
She had a point some words have become even on TV ok to use.
If you watch the shows you will see and hear a great deal of what once was taboo.
Yes the tos has some which are kinda no no's those have a dual meaning and are auto harassment calls.
They are not tolerated in public still ...

Whats wrong with you opening your gums and complaining?? Yes those idiots are set to kill their play ground.
I sometimes wonder if its to see who can get the game closed down first!
We are in game a hell of a lot more then the Dev can be.why not us make a fuss about others curbing their mouth/fingers?

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The game has a chat filter, I suggest you slap their name into it so you never hear them again and move on.
That's all fine and good for the gen chat trash talking trolls. What do you suggest players do when its harassment using game mechanics? For instance someone blocking
your vendor house with bag balls or water barrels. What do you suggest then? What about someone making dozen of characters impersonating your main character or with your
life name? What do you do then? Put them on ignore pretend the problem doesn't exist and hope it just goes away?

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm Did you know that filter can only hold so many then its useless as teets on a bull....

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know who you're talking about, everyone runs into him eventually, and until @Mesanna decides to ban him there literally isn't anything you can do but waste time reporting him.

Note: Blocking recal spots is not against the terms of service, in fact it's in the terms of service that blocking someone's recal spot is NOT harrasment. His vendors are in SW Luna, drop the bagballs off there for him when you clean them up since it's not against TOS. Don't hang around, let him guess at who put them there.

Tip: Download a program like Fraps and hit record when that person is around, it uses very little CPU and makes great video files you can edit down later. Send these to mesanna, maybe eventually she'll enforce tos. You might catch his other 4+ accounts running rails afk to find idocs or catch him script looting at the idocs too if you run fraps, send those clips to mesanna as well.

She needs a bigger collection apparently. :)
Sad thing he is just one, the biggest and most obnoxious one hands down, so even if they flush him one of the other turds will float to the surface to replace him :( So in a way better to have one big dominate really stinky turd that everyone knows and can avoid stepping in LOL

belkins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is with a sad heart that I am writing this today. As of a couple days ago I have officially shut down all but one account. The game has lost its nostalgia for me. So much has changed in the "wrong" direction that i dont feel like logging in. The Devs and @Mesanna have literally taken this game so far opposite of where i would of liked to see it go its no longer worth playing for me. They continually push in a direction with out fixing old things or renewing old content it boggles my mind. I see countless posts here and other places of old bugs still causing trouble. Scripters are running rampant with no consequences. Real life threats are being left unchecked. Corruption with in the staff is at an all time high.

I have banked what is important to me. I have sold the rest. I have left some random houses up to fall with some goodies for my beloved Idocers. I can no longer support a game that has such a self righteous indignation towards its customers. I can no longer listen to a staff mock its customers at meet and greets. I can no longer pay to play a game in which cheating goes all the way to the top.

I have left one account up so I may help some players from time to time. I will always have ICQ up and on my phone if you need me or have a question. This game has meant a ton to me and always will. I only hope @Mesanna will either see the error in her ways or step down and let someone else take over.

Long live the players.

Good Bye and Good luck,

Scribbles
Sad to hear of another long time player quitting.. seems to be the on going trend lately. Sadly I feel the same way and have only maybe logged on 2 times in the last 2-3 months. I have been a long time player since 1998 and I find little reason to play anymore. I have sold a lot of my rares and downsized to one house and 1 account. We all know uo won't last forever but it was a good run. Till we meet again scribbles! :cheers: :beer:

greenwolf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where do I learn this stuff???
I pay attention to the Meet & Greets and read up on larisa's print of ones I cant get to.
Well back last year I was at one of the meet and greets and asked about the rampant swearing if there was a way to curb it down.
I had a young grandnephew watching me play. He is young and impressionable.
I was carefull to watch the chat so he didn't get a eyeful of the locals.
When I asked what the GM's or Dev could do....
She was very blunt about how much they could do.
Pretty much nothing..
She had a point some words have become even on TV ok to use.
If you watch the shows you will see and hear a great deal of what once was taboo.
Yes the tos has some which are kinda no no's those have a dual meaning and are auto harassment calls.
They are not tolerated in public still ...

Whats wrong with you opening your gums and complaining?? Yes those idiots are set to kill their play ground.
I sometimes wonder if its to see who can get the game closed down first!
We are in game a hell of a lot more then the Dev can be.why not us make a fuss about others curbing their mouth/fingers?
whats the point of even speaking up or even reporting. If you haven't read the previous thread [email protected] - WTF ? nothing gets done. They ask for everything but your social security # before they even want to hear about your issue/bug. Then once they read it, it just get put on the "back burner" never to been seen or talked about ever again. We just get another expansion later down the road with more bugs never to get fixed. I'm sorry I like to play the game; not to do their bug testing jobs for them because they are a 6 man team and can't afford testers.

Suki

Adventurer
I recently lost several friends from UO after we had played for years together. Our play style is that we like to pvm, run shops and do idocs. All three of us linked our shops together with runes and teleporters to help other players in need. If one of us didn't have the item we referred to the other. Well this person we all know who plays UO literally 24/7, farms all idocs on every server, scripts loot and calls us horrible names and lures spawn to kill our pack horses has caused me to lose my two best friends in UO that I've known since 1999. Mesanna is doing nothing to stop this person, literally everyone in the idoc community has nothing but disdain for him. What made it worse was my friend really wanted this rare item and sadly went to this players shop and bid on an item on his safe for a Sonoma Event Item. Well, he went to collect his winning item and found he was banned from the shop. He lost almost 250million gold and was so upset that he was on the verge of quitting not so much because of the gold loss but because he couldn't believe that anyone would manipulate a safe auction in such a way. Well, I lost both of my friends a few weeks ago who said they emailed mesanna over and over to stop this player and nothing is ever done. So I will miss them both. Now that I am alone in UO, I have to decide if I will keep playing or quit myself. Most UO players are old like me, I'm in my lower 50s and we play UO for our old friendships and not to do PayPal sales and not to do horrible things to other players that damage our community. I wish you well Scribbles, you were always a good respectable player. I may be joining you soon too unless mesanna stops this guy and starts addressing the huge loss of core veteran players.
I agree @Mesanna needs to do more about this problem and person/people, when it is so blatant they are scripting in every way possible, using scripts to place on the best plots that idoc etc seems weird that they always get the best plots no matter how many others are there, selling for many many plats, you only have to look on stratics at some post to see exactly who the people are exploiting the game,,, makes me mad as hell that greed, griefers and cheaters get away with it causing misery to genuine players who play the game as it shoud be played..... legit!

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've been waiting for over 2 months to get my castle back that was caught up in the Clops incident...offering proof of account ownership and everything. All i get is @Mesanna cant do anything about it until an engineer looks into it. Then low and behold, this months Newsletter has news about giving those castles away... Needless to say, my 10 accounts are about to go lights out. I guess since I'm not a high profile player/well known like another player whos house was caught up in the mess yet got his back fairly quickly I am just left to dust.

It's become quite clear to me that unless you are a well known commodity in the Stratics community, the UO team does not care to address any issue you may have regarding support, bugs, cheating, etc...

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've been waiting for over 2 months to get my castle back that was caught up in the Clops incident...offering proof of account ownership and everything. All i get is @Mesanna cant do anything about it until an engineer looks into it. Then low and behold, this months Newsletter has news about giving those castles away... Needless to say, my 10 accounts are about to go lights out. I guess since I'm not a high profile player/well known like another player whos house was caught up in the mess yet got his back fairly quickly I am just left to dust.

It's become quite clear to me that unless you are a well known commodity in the Stratics community, the UO team does not care to address any issue you may have regarding support, bugs, cheating, etc...
:yell:

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord

Sorry friend, This is absolutely ridiculous.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

? You owned a castle that they thought this guy owned and now it's gone?

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How wrong you are Blackie.......

I have had a talk with others and Mesanna has been addressing a great deal of issues the game has had for years.
Just because she and the team have not gotten to any issues you have or know of is not that she is ignoring them.. perhaps just the opposite..
Not every issue UO has is as easy as that last one fixed...
Meaning :
While you might find one issue that's bugging people in a line of code... some others may take a bit of digging
Speaking from experience with code work...
loose or add in an extra period or comma and what should be easy find can turn out to be months of searching.
Much hints come from you players as to where to look.
With each report of how when where and with what gives more information to where to pin point its location.
Think of how many publishes are on top of some of these hidden gems of bugs.... not an easy dig to get to the true reason.
The pealing away each layer of code from the years is not a easy job as it sounds.

As for the cheaters ... they too take a lot more then just grabbing on one account of their deeds...
And its true that kill off this one's account(s) and a new one pops up a few weeks later to take their place.
Sometimes its the same guy!
I know this much is true as I once knew of a banned player who for over a year kept returning to harass a GM... he kept making new accounts even though he was perma banned... how shall remain a mystery.

You ask a lot when you just give a players name and say they did this ... and expect to see a wall of gm/dev dive in and boot them off the game... it don't work that way for a reason.
You might not like they are getting away with murder but the GM's and Dev have to follow set rules to oust a player from the game ...
This is a lot more then just your word they did it.
Did you know the law of the state has a lot to do with it. yup..
If they didn't follow these laws and regulations put there to protect players the game would have gone belly up many years ago.
Sorry to say even cheaters have rights.

In my opinion the loss of players have made this the real issue... Players are needed, their subscriptions, and game play give more coverage of the cheaters actions.
If more played this wouldn't not be effecting the mass majority left in the game. Not being there to catch the budding cheat in the beginning as they use to be... now its the full fledge master the game has to deal with.

My recommendation is to get more to join in... If you didn't see my other post let me repeat it.
Get on your facebook, twitter, etc,, and invite your friends to join you. Stop the bad mouthing and think... dear old aunt Julie and uncle Bud need a way to talk to family and get back in the grove INVITE to UO... yes its old and not hip to the new but this will be a way for family to see each other nearly everyday
friends to keep up that close friendship even if they have moved off the state from you.... look you all have nice size friends lists you know UO.
UO is world wide...
A good reason to stretch our fingers out and do the walking to make more at home in UO.
I have invited some friends, family and coworkers to play. Most found it hard to get into. Even with my help they said the interface was horrible and they didn't care for the graphics. I like the CC and won't ever play the EC but it would be hard for these people that play games like WOW to accept a 20 year old game that is graphically inferior and harder to learn. Just speaking from my experience, others may have had better luck getting people involved. I hope this game is around for many years to come. I have never found another MMO that I consider its equal.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Clops had a castle and a keep being held on his accounts that actually belonged to friends of his. Since they were on his accounts, they were confiscated along with the rest of his houses. The keep has been returned to its real owner already, but the castle apparently was not.

That's how it was explained to me at least.

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I owned the castle and the account. Because the house owner "character" was named Clops it was swiped and the account was banned. I can't imagine it being very hard to differentiate between my real self and the real clops self being that we are no where near each other as far as living, i imagine completely different names (though mine is quite common) not to mention I'm pretty sure he doesnt have google fiber (if IP logs are available) and I know for a fact he/she does not share my credit card information, nor secret questions/answer lol

/edit: not to mention it(the castle) has 3 or 4 of my other accounts shard shields in it. Surely thats trackable....

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If I win your castle somehow in the drawing, if you do not get this worked out, I have no problem giving it back to you my old friend. Just happy to have you back with us after your break.
Nabin I greatly appreciate that. You've always been a good guide for me.

Though the castle was the culmination of all my goals over 19years in this game, what's weird is I'm almost more upset about my shard shields. And my piddly little crafter room that had absolutely nothing of value in it (other than resources) but I had spent many many hours just working away on a perfect piece this, a perfect piece that. I guess its all of it put together. Was the perfect spot for me too. I started this game as a miner/blacksmith in Minoc, and Cove was my favorite place to mine, due to it being in guard zone, not as busy as Minoc mines where the PK's were rampant.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I owned the castle and the account. Because the house owner "character" was named Clops it was swiped and the account was banned.
I agree it was wrong of them to take your castle just because the character had the same name... but I'm also wondering... why did you have a character named Clops that owned that house?

Not trying to accuse you of impersonating him or anything, but it seems odd to have a character named the same as a well known person like that.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree it was wrong of them to take your castle just because the character had the same name... but I'm also wondering... why did you have a character named Clops that owned that house?

Not trying to accuse you of impersonating him or anything, but it seems odd to have a character named the same as a well known person like that.
Short for Cyclops used to have a couple of characters named Clops several years ago. Not unreasonable to assume there would be others that used it as well...... Or could just be fans of the POS Clops :)

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

When I was talking to Clops about buying the castle I had no way of holding it. Clops allowed me to have the account when i bought the castle. This all happened in February. I switched over all the information on the account, and continued on my way. Never thinking I would need to change the house owner character. It was just holding the house for me. I did rename the house Castle Brimstone (my main char name) thought everything was fine.

Ended up taking a break in March/April due to work, and one day I come to stratics in May and see that Clops is embroiled in a huge scandal etc...then I see @Finley Grant has a post about how Mesanna had saved his house. I thought to myself, "Oh god no...." sure enough try to login to the account and its been banned. Log into another account and run to my house to see House Name: Under Investigation, Owned By: Mesanna. My heart sank. I've been trying to get a resolution since then to no avail.

At first Clops was very communitive saying he would talk to Mesanna, etc... I emailed Mesanna, no response. At the recommendation of some well known stratics posters I started a private conversation with the team. That was all two months ago.

I just keep getting the response that they need an engineer to look into it because the house says Clops is the owner. I explained the situation and offered any personal information regarding the account. No response.