• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Global Loot and Antique Mod

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone have a quick estimation of the property intensity of that ring? Imagine armor and weapons with that intensity when the imbuing limit is still stuck below that at 500 (higher after enhancing). I fully intend to get a few nice items from this new system and rebuild my armor set and then replace as I get something better from monsters. Crafting will do fill-in pieces, but never central pieces.

I am curious what fraction of people's sets are crafted versus artifact/Shame-loot now. I am curious how this percentage will change with this publish.
Dude, the guys picture was of a ring already in the game, not one on TC (Hint, his doesnt have durability, all the ones in the new publish do).

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dude, the guys picture was of a ring already in the game, not one on TC (Hint, his doesnt have durability, all the ones in the new publish do).
And more items like that changes my argument how? Looking at your current set of armor, how many are crafted by reforging/imbuing and how many are from non-crafter sources. How do you see this changing in the future with this loot change?

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And more items like that changes my argument how? Looking at your current set of armor, how many are crafted by reforging/imbuing and how many are from non-crafter sources. How do you see this changing in the future with this loot change?

Not everything should have to depend on crafters.

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not everything should have to depend on crafters.
1. Crafting wont be hurt at all.
While I am looking forward to this change, I was pointing out a possible problem with the current craft systems being less useful. You argued against this, and now you seem to be arguing the other way. I am not attacking you or a loot system we both like, but I do believe that a year from now, a great set of armor will be a majority found-loot rather than crafted-items.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While I am looking forward to this change, I was pointing out a possible problem with the current craft systems being less useful. You argued against this, and now you seem to be arguing the other way. I am not attacking you or a loot system we both like, but I do believe that a year from now, a great set of armor will be a majority found-loot rather than crafted-items.
Crafting hasn't been good for jewels since revamped Shame came out. That's the MAIN commodity that comes from the loot revamp. So there you go, crafting lost its edge on jewels.

As for armor, I still use fully crafted suits, so do the majority of players I play with. No, I don't see this impacting reforging and how godly overpowered it is.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This loot, as all loot always has been, will mostly be good only for unravelling - because all of us know, most of the mods simply don't go together to make a coherent piece. They never have in the past, and I strongly doubt that aspect has changed.
Only a moderate proportion of it will be useable, and even less will be uber.
The difference with crafting is, you have much more control over what you produce, so you have a far better chance of getting the item you need to fit into a suit.

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As for armor, I still use fully crafted suits, so do the majority of players I play with. No, I don't see this impacting reforging and how godly overpowered it is.
It is possible that we are using different caliber of runics for our personal reforging, so I may not have considered them into my opinion. I will go play with some higher end runics on Test later to get a better idea. (Or you could post or PM me what your armor statistics are.)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I'm not worried for the crafters, I know I will get easier with getting relic now. Yes they will drop in price, but so will my LMC cost suit and weapons and that's fine. I hope to mix my crafted suits with some of the loot as I may find a few useful items where I hang out.
Remember to give the Dark Wisps on Siege new loot and the normal ones too.
Don't remove our Dark Wisps with Faction, we or at least I love them, even when they kill more newbies than PK's do :devil:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it ought to be left alone... I like what I see on TC1... It's a wonderful change and it'll make being a new player not suck so bad.

Cry me a river about making gold off selling crap. I've never sold stuff...... I don't play to make a living. I play for fun. Sorry it hurts all the big time sellers it's about time the little guy got a break.

I say Hooo RAY Devalue all they like... sick and tired of the rich getting richer... it's about time to take away their gravy train.
The value of the item has to be taken into consideration tho. Doesnt have to be gold value.

Global loot was made to revitalize hunting what is already there. I think its an awesome, much overdo fix that will give many (including myself) a reason to go thru old content again.

The WORST outcome of this change tho is if these items become so common that that they arent worth hunting for again. Then we're right back where we started, with no reason to hunt.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I farmed for 30 minutes today, and I also farmed for quite a bit since TC was published.

I haven't gotten a damn thing.
Try farming for 20 hours and then get back to us.

Im all for this change, but given that more items will be useable (because of changed negatives) combined with global loot its a very fine line the devs are treading on.

I would just hate to see the first 2 months of the patch cuase enough gear inflation that its not worth hunting for again.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Try farming for 20 hours and then get back to us.

Im all for this change, but given that more items will be useable (because of changed negatives) combined with global loot its a very fine line the devs are treading on.

I would just hate to see the first 2 months of the patch cuase enough gear inflation that its not worth hunting for again.
The TC said they got uber items in 20 minutes.

OMG A GIANT ROCK

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
20 minutes of farming ettins.
I kept the antique mods because I don't consider that a negative. And the prized.
100% clean 20 splinter 81 mana leech executioner's axe
Prized Brac: Music 5, mr 3, dci 15, sdi 18, fcr 4,
Antique Kryss: 20 splinter 50 hld,
Antique Katana: 20 splinter 50 hld 50 hla 62 mana leech 130 luck
Off of ettins..... In 20 minutes. Ask for me on tc1 Kyronix if you want to see.

OMG A GIANT ROCK

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Prized costs me 3k. IF I have every piece of my suit not counting weapon or shield as prized. That would be 24k per death. 1mil in my bank would cover 41 deaths. I don't die 41 times in a row.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I kept the antique mods because I don't consider that a negative. And the prized.

Wait, you don't consider an Antique Splinter weapon a negative?

o_O

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Giant Rock. this is the type of info Kyronix needs to implement this monumental change to the game. I also agree that haveing more useable negatives, combined with global loot is a very fine line to get right.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
220 luck, trammel. Got this bone helmet from 20th generic dragon
HPR 1
MR 1
RPD 5%
HCI 3%
LRC 20%
18/13/19/2/4
mage armor
major magic item

100% clean, 9 mods, not so bad.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
HPR 1
MR 1
RPD 5%
HCI 3%
LRC 20%
18/13/19/2/4
mage armor
major magic item

Yes but can you honestly say you would use it?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its not about keeping value.... Its about the market and game not getting bored in 3-6 months when everyone is flooding the system with items and theres nothing to do for people until they make a whole new design of items.
Yeah that would be the real problem. I haven't tested the drops, but if everyone can get clean perfect their suits in short order then they will have no incentive to pvm, just like the incentive to pvm dropped radically when imbuing got put in and they had to put in shame loot to give people a reason to fight monsters again for something beside imbuing regs.

Such a change would be great for Siege, I have often said siege should have different drop rates, but for shards with insurance easy uber drops wouldn't only wreck the economy, but it would yet again, require item power creep to give people something to do.

It's still in testing though, so I would suggest people post in the TC forum.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I believe they are trying to solve that problem by making all that stuff breakable.
But still, 255 durability lasts almost forever, so the good items will last way too long for people. I'd prefer if they had max 150 durability.

Antique decay rate seems okay so far. I wouldn't mind seeing them decay a bit faster, though.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Prized I'd be okay with, but since I play a melee warrior in PvM... Antique is a no go.

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am testing stuff on TC so far definitely a lot more cleaner items, mainly major magic, lesser, greater's... Got 1 major, no Legendaries yet, so far these are on high end creatures in shame. Still looks good so far... Its definitely going to increase lower end jewel, 3 property splinter weapons, and decent weighted armor which isn't the end of the world but only have been testing for a couple hours.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm thinking we really need to be re-defining the definition of "clean" at this point.

SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My definition is is no negative properties at all beside the -100 luck that gets stuck on an item occasionally but no brittle, cannot be repaired, cursed, not ephereal antique whatever other bs names there adding. Clean is No Names lil evil names causing the item to become crap.... or you could say this new clumsy property is okay to have on it, that's just a higher str requirement.

I'll post the high ender stuff I get from each area when I am done.

OMG A GIANT ROCK

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm thinking we really need to be re-defining the definition of "clean" at this point.
So you wouldn't use a Prized Legendary? Or an antique legendary in pvp?
Prized = 3k insurance. I already told everyone. 6 armor pieces and 2 jewels at 3k insurance a piece is 24k. 1mil in the bank will cover 41 deaths. So that does not devalue the item really at all like brittle or cannot be repaired.
Antique? Will never break unless you're on a freaking sampire and if that. My sampire's IMBUED suit hasn't broken yet and I can't even pof that. Please explain to me how prized and antique are really a negative like brittle or cannot be repaired.

SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Antique – Increased durability loss, can be powdered 3 times. Each powder will reduce max durability to 250, 200, and 150 respectively. Can be repaired.

That still going to be pretty useful on jewels unless the increase durability loss is just ridiculously quick and is based on you getting hit every time. Havent tested that yet.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it ought to be left alone... I like what I see on TC1... It's a wonderful change and it'll make being a new player not suck so bad.

Cry me a river about making gold off selling crap. I've never sold stuff...... I don't play to make a living. I play for fun. Sorry it hurts all the big time sellers it's about time the little guy got a break.

I say Hooo RAY Devalue all they like... sick and tired of the rich getting richer... it's about time to take away their gravy train.
You bet, you said it well!!! We do not need SSI rings that sell for 200 million, that's ridiculous.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah that would be the real problem. I haven't tested the drops, but if everyone can get clean perfect their suits in short order then they will have no incentive to pvm, just like the incentive to pvm dropped radically when imbuing got put in and they had to put in shame loot to give people a reason to fight monsters again for something beside imbuing regs.

Such a change would be great for Siege, I have often said siege should have different drop rates, but for shards with insurance easy uber drops wouldn't only wreck the economy, but it would yet again, require item power creep to give people something to do.

It's still in testing though, so I would suggest people post in the TC forum.
Exactly. This is why its so important to have the new system carefully fine tuned. well said.

SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Prized I consider clean myself its more insurance gold not a big deal. Teach people not to get res killed!

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok.. couple of question.

1) Where did they say how they are going to deal with the pre existing shame loot when they change to the new mods? I see everyone assuming that they aren't going to convert the old loot over to the new loot mods but is that 100% for sure?

2) I get that they are switching to NEW negative mods but it also says only 1 negative mod will be applied to stuff so the actual.loot generation is changing. Can someone explain in detail. It was my understanding that the higher the overall intensity of the item the MORE chance to generate multiple negative mods.. (cursed/brittle/etc) That sound correct? The way I read the new system....A certain overall intensity aka greater magic item or all the way up to Legendary Artifact is generated and then that ONE chance for a new negative style mod is rolled?

SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far... as far as clean items. You definitely see a difference and yes complete clean items. the biggest difference you'll see is the Antique items dropping. They definitely scaled them high which is fine the durability does break fairly fast. I put on a bracelet within about 1 hour of fighting conistantly "A Bracelet" went from 255-200 durability.

I've definitely noticed more clean Greaters / Majors but quality wise is the same most of the stuff is not big over powered items you put in suits they still have a lot of random silly properties. So the chance of getting a good useful item is still up there. Tonight I did about 4 hours on Vortex's in the last level of Shame killing Unbound Vortex's.

Ephemeral: about 20 ranging minors to majors, that were useful Ephemeral Items that I would have looted if they were clean it doesn't mean their totally useful just had good quality properties. I noticed a lot of SSI jewels in this category of items. Not a big deal just stating.

Clean Items: No Brittle, Cannot Be Repaired, Cursed, Ephemeral

These are items that had decent properties and that I would toss on vendors, ranging from 5-25m if I had to guess. I did notice unbound vortex's dropping more low end jewels then before this new loot system. Many being useful with properties such as, SSI, HCI , DCI, SDI, DI, etc. 2-4 properties in total on each jewel not combined with all of those but sometimes they were. Once again not a big deal it opens the field up for people who need SSI jewels. In my opinion SSI jewels should be easy to obtain and yes they are very useful. Also noticed better drop rate in Splinter but nothing Over powered.

So in total for clean items.. we have these #'s as items I kept.

Received: No Legendary's
Majors: 3
Greaters: 6
Lesser's: 12
Minors: 18

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far... as far as clean items. You definitely see a difference and yes complete clean items. the biggest difference you'll see is the Antique items dropping. They definitely scaled them high which is fine the durability does break fairly fast. I put on a bracelet within about 1 hour of fighting conistantly "A Bracelet" went from 255-200 durability.

I've definitely noticed more clean Greaters / Majors but quality wise is the same most of the stuff is not big over powered items you put in suits they still have a lot of random silly properties. So the chance of getting a good useful item is still up there. Tonight I did about 4 hours on Vortex's in the last level of Shame killing Unbound Vortex's.

Ephemeral: about 20 ranging minors to majors, that were useful Ephemeral Items that I would have looted if they were clean it doesn't mean their totally useful just had good quality properties. I noticed a lot of SSI jewels in this category of items. Not a big deal just stating.

Clean Items: No Brittle, Cannot Be Repaired, Cursed, Ephemeral

These are items that had decent properties and that I would toss on vendors, ranging from 5-25m if I had to guess. I did notice unbound vortex's dropping more low end jewels then before this new loot system. Many being useful with properties such as, SSI, HCI , DCI, SDI, DI, etc. 2-4 properties in total on each jewel not combined with all of those but sometimes they were. Once again not a big deal it opens the field up for people who need SSI jewels. In my opinion SSI jewels should be easy to obtain and yes they are very useful. Also noticed better drop rate in Splinter but nothing Over powered.

So in total for clean items.. we have these #'s as items I kept.

Received: No Legendary's
Majors: 3
Greaters: 6
Lesser's: 12
Minors: 18
I'm just going to say...... 4 hrs doesn't tell us how many Unbound EVs you killed which is the important part. I'm going to guess 1 every 3 min so about 80 total to generate those numbers but you might be multi clienting it up quite a bit so what's the better number if you know?

SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
About 1 unbound per minute. So 240 Unbounds more or less. I would say about 80 actual clean/ ephemeral items. Listed is what id consider keeping

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
About 1 unbound per minute. So 240 Unbounds more or less. I would say about 80 actual clean/ ephemeral items. Listed is what id consider keeping
Hmm I have a vague feeling we have had this conversation before but I haven't really been playing uo for a few months so I'll ask bc I don't remember the answer...

Hmm 1 min? I'm going to guess 1 disco +2 sampires spamming AI or maybe double strike if you've set it up with poison weps disco and corpse skin perhaps...? Either way. How many clean legendaries would you say you have? 5-6 myself but that was A LOT (months) of work. I still like that they are that hard to get... cannot have enough. Each new 1 is perhaps the key to a different PvP temp that just isn't possible otherwise.... = )

SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How many legendarys have i gotten? Since it came out probably around 20.

Here are some I sold in the trade forums a couple weeks ago.

Last edited:

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been out all night and can only skim right now, but one question, are the re-forge negatives different now, too? Do they follow the same negative rules? Because I'm wondering, if they are, then re-forging hasn't been nerfed too much.

Or maybe I don't understand why re-forging is going to be bad...I mean, what about when they bumped material resist bonuses? That made a lot of armor "worthless," but no one complained!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
HPR 1
MR 1
RPD 5%
HCI 3%
LRC 20%
18/13/19/2/4
mage armor
major magic item

Resist are not that good. you can't put LMC on it. I would just unraw it

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I've been out all night and can only skim right now, but one question, are the re-forge negatives different now, too? Do they follow the same negative rules? Because I'm wondering, if they are, then re-forging hasn't been nerfed too much.

Or maybe I don't understand why re-forging is going to be bad...I mean, what about when they bumped material resist bonuses? That made a lot of armor "worthless," but no one complained!
That's a good question, I do believe I would like reforging better with the new negatives.