• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Global Loot and Antique Mod

OMG A GIANT ROCK

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I"m just going to point out that if this Publish goes live as it is right now, the value of shame items and reforged items will devalue 270%. Have you noticed everyone selling off their Shame items? I was on Tc1 hitting clean 10 ssi rings off of ettins and clean 7-8 mod armor off of dragons. The system needs altered. I think it was a great idea for Global Loot, but maybe we shouldn't hit magic items off of ettins and dragons. There was more loot on the dragons than half of the monsters in shame. I personally think there should be magic loot on the harder monsters i.e. greater dragons, balrons and such. Any peerless or boss should obviously drop magic loot too, but should we be getting clean 10 ssi rings off of ettins? This is going to allow easier scripting of ettins :( . Then the issue about the Antique Mod. I know the ephemeral mod was worthless and nobody wanted it. But this allows you to powder it three times to 250, 200, and 150 durb?Then you can repair it? I suggest powder 3 no repairs. I know it is supposed to break faster but there was a test on Tc1 where someone hit Gregorio for 2 hours with an antique weapon. It took the weapon 2 hours to hit zero durability. It would take a normal weapon 4 hours to hit zero durability. So it is breaking at 2x the durability and that isn't bad at all especially in pvp. I had a guy already hit a clean 9 mod helmet with the antique mod and it is OP. I think they'll last longer than imbued items.

My point of this whole rant is the global loot system as it stands and the antique mod will devalue any shame and reforged item there is in the game. The only item that will be worth anything is an em event spawned Mesanna labeled hat... I think I speak for a lot of people that we want the global loot and antique mod altered a little bit please.

Please fix this :heart:,
Sincerely,
God of Walls, someone who likes to farm shame and hit items that are worth something:)

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I love it, please keep it. It will make it easier for new players to get started. Your real issue may be Item Insurance.
At least Siege Perilous need this new loot badly and special on overland and low level dungeon.
Maybe it will help making Prodo shards economy less crazy when stuff get less expensive

OMG A GIANT ROCK

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
New players don't need 10 legendary arties on their suit. :( New people can also go to dungeon wrong and kill lizardmen with ease. The economy will be hurt by this, not make it less crazy. The economy of magic items is what will be hurt. The awesome thing about farming shame is that you have the chance of hitting a 1bil worth item. Anybody can go farm shame and hit a legendary artifact. Not everybody can go make 1bil. Shame loot how it is is how the richest people are spreading their money. Allowing for a less elitism economy and if this goes through they're just going to keep their money. They will have 200 bil and all of us will be stuck with 50 mil not being able to make money via magic loot if the change goes through.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think it ought to be left alone... I like what I see on TC1... It's a wonderful change and it'll make being a new player not suck so bad.

Cry me a river about making gold off selling crap. I've never sold stuff...... I don't play to make a living. I play for fun. Sorry it hurts all the big time sellers it's about time the little guy got a break.

I say Hooo RAY Devalue all they like... sick and tired of the rich getting richer... it's about time to take away their gravy train.

OMG A GIANT ROCK

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So let's completely destroy any economy left on this game? With every new player selling 10 ssi 5 stam 20 hci 20 dci and 35 ep rings? We should get what was 100mil items off of ettins? Ettins? Like seriously Ettins?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would prefer that the loot stay the way it is currently on Production shards, and just have it rolled out everywhere.
Keep the old negatives (Cursed, Brittle, Cannot Be Repaired, & -100 luck) and do not limit the items to one negative property.

The system works on production shards fine, you can get lucky and get something amazing in a single kill, or you might have to spend a few hours here and there to get something of value, or of use to you.

The loot would (imo) become devalued enough just due to accessibility.

OMG A GIANT ROCK

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Look like that's the best thing that can happen, items was never meant to have a value of 100 mil or more.
But ridiculous EM event items that make luna laggy should be worth 350 mil? The reason items for pvp are worth so much i.e. slither and shame loot is because of the terrible economy. This will ruin it more. Ornys used to be worth over 200$ and you're telling me no item was every meant to be worth over 100mil?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I do not mix UO economy with RL cash. I like the healthy economy we have on Siege.
Too many newbies gives up, when they see how crazy it is on normal shards. The economy can only be better there.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Me too I would have personally liked to stay with the current loot system and not add these others new négatives and limit items to have only one. We never asked for new loot, we asked for global loot everywhere but not new system with new mods

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
How do vendor search effect the economy, now where anyone can find the cheapest price?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Me too I would have personally liked to stay with the current loot system and not add these others new négatives and limit items to have only one. We never asked for new loot, we asked for global loot everywhere but not new system with new mods
Who are we?

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree loot distribution of how clean items are pretty rare as far as good quality ones. I think it should remain the same chances of getting clean items but... make it global... So theirs more areas for everyone to farm and the more areas that are made the more chances items are dropped and gotten by people.

I agree with not adding more properties to the mix... just leave it as is... it was fine it was just difficult because of the locations these items had to be gotten in. Make it global leave the loot set as is.

I haven't tested TC myself yet. But if it is how he posts it and I am hearing... Its going to be overkill released all these crazy weight itemed or good imbueble ones. If they are looking for the Era of Artifacts this will create it. Its going to be who can make the legendary suit and have max everything and become a complete hybrid template that will use the same suit. Wouldn't be that great when everyone can max out there suits it will destroy the crafting market and depending on how fast people farm will destroy the artifact market giving everyone max properties on their suits.

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
So let's completely destroy any economy left on this game? With every new player selling 10 ssi 5 stam 20 hci 20 dci and 35 ep rings? We should get what was 100mil items off of ettins? Ettins? Like seriously Ettins?
Leave it alone. It won't destroy the economy, just change the value of some looted non-artifact items. There should be no guarantees that an item you looted two years ago shouldn't become less valuable over time.

OMG A GIANT ROCK

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ettins should drop crimmys too then? Slimes should drop ornys. Duping should be allowed with a 15 gp charge to a luna banker. Let's just add all of these too.

SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Leave it alone. It won't destroy the economy, just change the value of some looted non-artifact items. There should be no guarantees that an item you looted two years ago shouldn't become less valuable over time.
Its not about keeping value.... Its about the market and game not getting bored in 3-6 months when everyone is flooding the system with items and theres nothing to do for people until they make a whole new design of items.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is clear, some of you haven't even bothered to test the global loot changes. Its on TC for a reason, to give feedback. The new negatives are fine, the global loot is amazing for the game.

Now, if you think Antique mod is too OP, then thats valid feedback that should be given to the Devs.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Making it easiere for people to get those sought after items is a bloody good thing :) I for one do not have 1337 hours a week to farm shame.
But the game really needs the stuff to break.
So i vote for easy access to the arties, but let them break more (so there is a need to farm)

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who are we?
I'm a "WE"... The obvious part about this is that those that HAVE farmed and know how to attain clean legendary items under the current system are acutely aware of how much time / effort it takes & would prefer it to remain a difficult task.... AS IT SHOULD BE. Those that don't / can't get their own want the task easier.... go figure.

Say it with me...

CLEAN LEGENDARY often with 800+ Imbuing weight.

Items like this shouldn't be EASY to get. I doubt that anyone can really argue that effectively.

SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll get testing it this weekend and show my results here then the dev's and people, can get reviews if they want the system as is on TC. and yes Antique is OP and should be removed their shouldn't be any new properties...

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm a "WE"... The obvious part about this is that those that HAVE farmed and know how to attain clean legendary items under the current system are acutely aware of how much time / effort it takes & would prefer it to remain a difficult task.... AS IT SHOULD BE. Those that don't / can't get their own want the task easier.... go figure.

Say it with me...

Items like this shouldn't be EASY to get. I doubt that anyone can really argue that effectively.

So which monster on TC1 dropped it, if you dont mind me asking? Might be useful information

OMG A GIANT ROCK

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I also want to let the people who helped make this patch know that I really love every idea that they were patching. They fixed the bolas which is fine. They fixed the mistake of 4 second archer dismounts. I'm liking the VvV. I love the global loot idea, I like the trader's quest, I like the direction the game is heading in. I just think some numbers need to be manipulated with the Global loot system . I don't want to sound like a negative nancy about the whole patch :( :heart: Thanks for all the input. I do want to add that everybody in the world would like a million dollars. I'm comparing the million dollars to the easy access to arties. It could happen, everybody could be given a million dollars in real life. Instead of the people who work hard to make a good living. Everybody gets a million dollars. Then you want to go buy Call of Duty from WalMart and it costs you 55,000$ because the value of the dollar would be worthless. If everybody gets every single piece on their suit a legendary item then they won't be worth anything. They will devalue. Everybody will have one. Farming will be null. Then to keep the game interesting like Soulweaver said, they are going to have to add another system, but right now the system is perfect. Let's not kill the value of shame items please.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I'm sure a young guy would be happy getting an item like that. I did not see any of that kind of stuff, when I was testing it, but I was only at the lower levels and did not even see a legendary Artifact.
Someone need to go test it before they start complain

OMG A GIANT ROCK

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm sure a young guy would be happy getting an item like that. I did not see any of that kind of stuff, when I was testing it, but I was only at the lower levels and did not even see a legendary Artifact.
Someone need to go test it before they start complain
I did. Ettins were dropping 10 ssi rings. Dragons were dropping clean 6-8 mod armor. 20 minutes of farming for me. (all clean)

Last edited:

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Then to keep the game interesting like Soulweaver said, they are going to have to add another system, but right now the system is perfect. Let's not kill the value of shame items please.

The system right now is not perfect by any means. I mean, 90% of all loot in the game currently is useless. The new negatives are much better, the global loot is a good change.

So what IS your feedback? Overall intensity needs to be toned down? Higher % to get negatives on items? Antique items need to be nerfed?

Global Loot is happening whether you like it or not. They said from Day 1, the loot in shame would eventually be rolled out globally.

Now is your time to try to give feedback to make a good and useful system. Sitting there asking for the new negatives to be scrapped, for global loot to be scrapped - None of that is going to happen. So instead, make better constructive feedback.

Slappyjipper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I actually really like the new loot system. Ya shouldn't have to farm 10 hours a day for 6 months, just to get one somewhat useable item. I do believe, however, that CLEAN legendary artifacts and super high end stuff should be kept as rare as it is now (to keep those rich people happy;). Items with negative's could maybe break a lil faster? To keep most of us farming parts to replace our broken suit pieces.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Also, an item without the antique mod will have a much greater value than those powerful antique items out of sheer durability alone.
Antique items are not exactly long lasting, specially on warriors, who would see more value on those 10 ssi jewels. I am not sure those would last three or four months on someone who does some heavy "aggressive negotiations" face to face.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

Say it with me...

Congratulations.
After the publish hits prodo, that item price will skyrocket, as no one will ever be able to get a -100 luck jewel again, lest alone a magic jewel without durability that would last one forever.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also it's really not about knowing how to attain clean legendaries right now, it's just about getting lucky.

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really like the new change since it will add some value to hunting certain monsters again. That said, I see a flaw with limiting items to one negative property and the drop rate being a little high for quality items for two reasons:

1. It devalues other aspects of the game (crafting). Why would someone spend time doing BODs for runics for reforging or gathering imbuing ingredients if the items off trivially easy monsters are vastly superior? Answer: They won't. This is a problem because a smaller sandbox isn't good for game health.

2. It also creates power creep that results in PvM where only monsters with insane damaging effects are a challenge for a group. Remember when solen were an interesting new challenge? Remember when the Tokuno and Mondain's Legacy monsters were new and interesting? Power creep eliminated a lot of the interesting fights for individuals or small groups. With people able to solo many of the game's power powerful mobs, it creates a situation that any group situation will just be a lot of insta-death. This isn't really interesting.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I really like the new change since it will add some value to hunting certain monsters again. That said, I see a flaw with limiting items to one negative property and the drop rate being a little high for quality items for two reasons:

1. It devalues other aspects of the game (crafting). Why would someone spend time doing BODs for runics for reforging or gathering imbuing ingredients if the items off trivially easy monsters are vastly superior? Answer: They won't. This is a problem because a smaller sandbox isn't good for game health.

2. It also creates power creep that results in PvM where only monsters with insane damaging effects are a challenge for a group.
1. Crafting wont be hurt at all. Unless you expect all players will magically get the item they need, with the perfect mods they need, which they could have just gotten with reforging.

2. This already exists thanks to reforging.

OMG A GIANT ROCK

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The system right now is not perfect by any means. I mean, 90% of all loot in the game currently is useless. The new negatives are much better, the global loot is a good change.

So what IS your feedback? Overall intensity needs to be toned down? Higher % to get negatives on items? Antique items need to be nerfed?

Global Loot is happening whether you like it or not. They said from Day 1, the loot in shame would eventually be rolled out globally.

Now is your time to try to give feedback to make a good and useful system. Sitting there asking for the new negatives to be scrapped, for global loot to be scrapped - None of that is going to happen. So instead, make better constructive feedback.
Not once have I said I wanted global loot to be scrapped. Or even the new negatives. I said what they should be in the original post I made. If you want ettins to drop magic items, then give them the same loot as lizardmen in wrong, probably less than them. I thought the negatives were fine as they were now. If they want to replace epheremal with antique then remove the repairing of antique. Allow the powders. I've mentioned all of this in my comments or post above? A pvper will never have an antique suit die completely. It won't happen . A sampire would. But not every toon is a sampire.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

2. It also creates power creep that results in PvM where only monsters with insane damaging effects are a challenge for a group. Remember when solen were an interesting new challenge? Remember when the Tokuno and Mondain's Legacy monsters were new and interesting? Power creep eliminated a lot of the interesting fights for individuals or small groups. With people able to solo many of the game's power powerful mobs, it creates a situation that any group situation will just be a lot of insta-death. This isn't really interesting.
#2 is already an issue and has been for a while. Unpredictable, unresistable paralysis for some mobs that do high damage anyway (Stygian and Slasher for example) come to mind and they've been around for 5 years. Then with High Seas and beyond the mobs that don't allow life leech...

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No, it's totally the solution in the heavily item-based game that is UO today.

And it's not even like this makes stuff much more easily obtainable that it is now.

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Crafting wont be hurt at all. Unless you expect all players will magically get the item they need, with the perfect mods they need, which they could have just gotten with reforging.

2. This already exists thanks to reforging.
1. The item in the picture above (the really nice ring) is impossible to make with the current craft systems. While crafting is very good about selecting properties, unless you have higher level runics, it can be difficult and sometimes impossible to get items of the same intensity.

2. I agree that reforging has resulted in power creep. I will also admit that perhaps we have already crossed very far into the land of power creep, so it is a lost cause.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1. The item in the picture above (the really nice ring) is impossible to make with the current craft systems. While crafting is very good about selecting properties, unless you have higher level runics, it can be difficult and sometimes impossible to get items of the same intensity.

2. I agree that reforging has resulted in power creep. I will also admit that perhaps we have already crossed very far into the land of power creep, so it is a lost cause.
Well of course the ring is impossible to make, considering you cant reforge rings in the first place. So how do jewels impact the crafting system?

SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its a solution for 6 months.... until everyone's bored with maxed out suits. Then what do they do... Increase skill points to 1,400 so we can just play Hybrid templates all day and be super strong, then... what... They do this and everything is obtained to quickly... theirs no continuous End Game... theirs no desire to be keep hunting the stuff whens its all available... PvP Wise... wait till Legendary 30% Splinter weapons get released its going to be a Splinter/Legendary battle of who can survive with their legendary suit with maxed out eaters... etc etc..

I am just saying don't make the stuff Easy.... I am going to test it and if I get 10-15 legendarys hunting hard core stuff for a few hours... I think something needs to be tweaked.

OMG A GIANT ROCK

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
My point isn't do not go with global loot. Global loot is A GREAT IDEA. But, I should not be getting leet items off of ettins and dragons in 20 minutes...........

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well of course the ring is impossible to make, considering you cant reforge rings in the first place. So how do jewels impact the crafting system?
Anyone have a quick estimation of the property intensity of that ring? Imagine armor and weapons with that intensity when the imbuing limit is still stuck below that at 500 (higher after enhancing). I fully intend to get a few nice items from this new system and rebuild my armor set and then replace as I get something better from monsters. Crafting will do fill-in pieces, but never central pieces.

I am curious what fraction of people's sets are crafted versus artifact/Shame-loot now. I am curious how this percentage will change with this publish.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I farmed for 30 minutes today, and I also farmed for quite a bit since TC was published.

I haven't gotten a damn thing.