• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Get your Valentine Day's gifts!

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so what is outstanding still?

LA, LS, Oceana, and Hok?

Edit - just checked the master list, just those 4 left.

Last edited:

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oceania's is on the nth east dock of Jhelom Island (nth of the moongate)

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
am i the only one that sings the song Oklahoma when they see the word Oceania, but with Oceania in there instead?

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
LA has a gate from Luna Mint to the location in Brit, near the Sweet Dreams Inn on Virtue's Path - Tram.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Has anyone seen the Mugen or Atlantic clickys? Both had 4 days left, and both are missing.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
LOL EM_Bennu... should we be searching the Fel cities, Montor, the bottom of the orc caves, or down inside the Ararat? :p

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Think ATL is 10 steps west of fel Yew gate

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Thanks Gem; I'd test it... but Atlantic just crashed again :p

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor

Blaeke

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This change of placement on Atlantic, of the gift statue, is even worse than where it was initially. The gift statue is now located in the most popular PvP spot on Fel. Brilliant!

If you're lucky enough to survive getting it, as I did, odds are it is then stolen by the hiding thief standing there farming the spot. Yes, this also happened to me.

Wise move, Atlantic EM.

:cursing:

Think ATL is 10 steps west of fel Yew gate

Last edited:

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Yes, I noticed - these aren't blessed, yet also cannot be insured.

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This system is not the way to give gifts because any red chars on most shards then lose out unless the em changes to fel spot but most do not , They need to go back to log in and get it system so its fair to everyone

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it is?? oh poo i havent had time to get mine!
Kelmo.... i want a kitty or puppy on siege... find that statue or the em i have to behead.....

Bennu!!! I warned you....

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
outcry, I see the opposing problem for everyone else... The chessie and Atl Fel ones have been rather messy, and young accounts cannot claim at all. :(

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bennu ....
If you think Mesanna is a Supreem Dark Lady.... I am TAD BIT worse... we came out of the same primeordial soup of UO.......
Behave.... or you best know how to kint or crochet your robe in a pit so dark and filled with ouchies

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Catskills has moved to Fel yew gate 10 steps northwest of gate but be advised the place is heavy red zone...very active

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
:p Confirmed, Luna bank, with 2 days on the statue.

Shandara

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good morning folks,
Napa Valley is now at the Fel Yew Moongate :)
good luck to all
Thank you

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last few hours on whats left....a lot have already disappeaered....

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For what its worth...
I got a few where I wanted them.
Dev next time for gifts just drop them in our bags.... the fustration of what time we really do have to play the game is marred by this silly hunt and peck of gift serches and makes for ill feelings to the EM's that shouldnt be there.
I understand Bennu loves his murder and meihiem hunts and I like the fancy things some do to make it so much fun to find... but honestly I am having a hard time convincing old players to stay with this method you divised... they dont have the time they once did.... I am sure you understand that.
The college kids are grown and have familys... who eat up free time like candy.
Those with young kids now have teens and college age that need more of moms and dads time as well.. not to mention jobs are eating more time and giveing them less in free cash to spend... the older they are the more they cost you ... such is life.
Many have lost steady income... this nit picks at time and game play too as funds needed else where.
All I ask is to do most of the holliday gift giving the old way for the sake of arguments...
Not all mind you.... some wimsey is good...

I was not unhappy withthe sendign of the statue to fel... but a set day and time of moves should have been in the offering here first... then players with short time fraims could work it in... not a big thing in my books..

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have nothing against this kind of finding the gift - as long as its limited to one per account per shard, its still managable. If it is per character, then it is different, especially for the multi account customers, you face more often ...
The gifts themselves were well made and cute.

Just now - I was collecting on a fresh reactivated account on Drachenfels - the last char stumbled into a disappeared statue and a pink fire field instead, which does damage ...
Double click brings up the text
It's covered with treasure guardian's magical power. To touch it, you need to beat them.

Häh? What? How?

Attachments

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have nothing against this kind of finding the gift - as long as its limited to one per account per shard, its still managable. If it is per character, then it is different, especially for the multi account customers, you face more often ...
The gifts themselves were well made and cute.

Just now - I was collecting on a fresh reactivated account on Drachenfels - the last char stumbled into a disappeared statue and a pink fire field instead, which does damage ...
Double click brings up the text
It's covered with treasure guardian's magical power. To touch it, you need to beat them.

Häh? What? How?
Will be interesting to see wether these pink holes/fields end up in some collectors museum.......mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are players supposed to read stratics 24/7 in order to know about those gifts? Valentine gifts were not even mentioned on the official website...
Or at least give it 2-3 weeks timer until players start knowing about it?

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are players supposed to read stratics 24/7 in order to know about those gifts? Valentine gifts were not even mentioned on the official website...
Or at least give it 2-3 weeks timer until players start knowing about it?
Exactly, if you miss the EM event, which on my shard mentioned NOTHING about valentines gifts being part of it, and you don't read stratics then you are out of luck. I much preferred holiday drops in the back pack of eligible characters, there is nothing to stop there being an 'event' at the same time. Just don't combine it. Especially as the event has nothing to do with valentines day as it is.

I knew it was on due to the fact I read stratics, my partner who doesn't read stratics didn't know a thing about it.

This stratics ONLY way of informing players about what is going on in their game, from bugs to events has to stop. It really isn't good enough. Especially as we are are always informed that Stratics isn't the 'official' forum and there is nothing on the log in page giving people the URL so they even know about it. There is too much reliance of vets who read here telling other players in game.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Exactly, if you miss the EM event, which on my shard mentioned NOTHING about valentines gifts being part of it, and you don't read stratics then you are out of luck. I much preferred holiday drops in the back pack of eligible characters, there is nothing to stop there being an 'event' at the same time. Just don't combine it. Especially as the event has nothing to do with valentines day as it is.

I knew it was on due to the fact I read stratics, my partner who doesn't read stratics didn't know a thing about it.

This stratics ONLY way of informing players about what is going on in their game, from bugs to events has to stop. It really isn't good enough. Especially as we are are always informed that Stratics isn't the 'official' forum and there is nothing on the log in page giving people the URL so they even know about it. There is too much reliance of vets who read here telling other players in game.
This was also mentioned on the official UO.com site:

Publish 85.3 World Wide Publish
Posted by Bonnie Armstrong | 2014 Feb 12 20:54 -0500 GMT
We will be publishing Publish 85.3 to all shards in the morning during maintenance. Japanese shards will be published this evening during your regular maintenance cycles.

Happy Valentines from the UO Team!!

Be sure to keep an eye on your EM’s for the next 6 days, they will be doing a small event that gives out this years’ Valentines present. We hope you enjoy them!

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This was also mentioned on the official UO.com site:

Publish 85.3 World Wide Publish
Posted by Bonnie Armstrong | 2014 Feb 12 20:54 -0500 GMT
We will be publishing Publish 85.3 to all shards in the morning during maintenance. Japanese shards will be published this evening during your regular maintenance cycles.

Happy Valentines from the UO Team!!

Be sure to keep an eye on your EM’s for the next 6 days, they will be doing a small event that gives out this years’ Valentines present. We hope you enjoy them!
And again, who reads uo.com every day or week? Not even I do that, and I doubt most posters here read uo.com on a regular basis either. The only time most people go there is to do account stuff or get clients etc.

They need to learn to use the LOG IN SCREEN to advise players of what is happening in game. Not a website. Every single other game I have ever played advises players IN GAME about stuff happening in GAME. They do not rely on outside websites to inform the player base. This is especially critical when it comes to bugs and exploits. So tired of people getting done by bugs/exploits because the devs just don't seem to want to advise the player base IN GAME about these issues but rely on outside sites. Prime example recently was the issue with vendors and customizing, where people were getting caught out because they didn't even KNOW there was an issue as they don't read stratics. I guess it is easier to just whack up a post on stratics or uo.com and call it good because it is easier than doing it the correct way.

This is not rocket science, geeze they already have a log in screen they can use, and geeze, failing that they can put it out on the town criers that already exist in game. No idea why people keep making excuses for poor communication.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And again, who reads uo.com every day or week? Not even I do that, and I doubt most posters here read uo.com on a regular basis either. The only time most people go there is to do account stuff or get clients etc.

They need to learn to use the LOG IN SCREEN to advise players of what is happening in game. Not a website. Every single other game I have ever played advises players IN GAME about stuff happening in GAME. They do not rely on outside websites to inform the player base. This is especially critical when it comes to bugs and exploits. So tired of people getting done by bugs/exploits because the devs just don't seem to want to advise the player base IN GAME about these issues but rely on outside sites. Prime example recently was the issue with vendors and customizing, where people were getting caught out because they didn't even KNOW there was an issue as they don't read stratics. I guess it is easier to just whack up a post on stratics or uo.com and call it good because it is easier than doing it the correct way.

This is not rocket science, geeze they already have a log in screen they can use, and geeze, failing that they can put it out on the town criers that already exist in game. No idea why people keep making excuses for poor communication.
All in favor...

The login screen used to be used more often for game alerts beyond just patches and publishes. In the last few years it's gotten to where I only click Play and pay no attention to what's there. It wouldn't be hard to implement a toggle so the patcher could go to the login screen automatically if there are no patches and no updates since the last check. That would get my attention if there's something new.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Our whole problem is getting information to everyone.
The big reason is that there is way too many places used and many times the important info is side tracked.. pick one method and stick with it.
The log in would be the best choice for all UO players to get the message.
We all get the login screen and if used properly and enforcing the players to stop and read it would be the best method for full coverage.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Even if they just put the basic info onto the Log in screen, just put it in bold colored text or something to make it stand out eg:
Housing Issue: see uo.com
Valentine's gifts: see uo.com
Publish 87: see uo.com
etc etc

Could even make the town criers say that, although it may take a little away from game 'immersion' that people always go on about but at least no one could then have an excuse they didn't know about something happening. Just advising something was up and to check the OFFICIAL UO website would be a positive. I know I would go check if stuff was advised this way.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only problem is by the time they post things most of the news has mostly passed by... I understand the want for intreigue but we need to get this idea out of their heads and up where 99% of us need it.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well its like suggesting only a very small proportion of people actually read stratics or uo.com....that play the game....kinda feel that cant be true...no way .....as there is no other place to look for information except maybe private guild forums.

i agree the start up screen in the best place...

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
WEES GOT PIXIES AND FLAMER TO GET TURNED BACK ON !!!
JUST TAKES PERSINANCE ON USINS PART
WEEES KIN DOS IT