• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gauntlet is no longer for the Tamer or Mage.

Herp!

Journeyman
Depends, has many variations, my friend and I run 2 separate builds but they are VERY close in comparison.

I run:
120 Weapon
120 Tact
100 Anat (+10 from Soldier's Medallion trash point talisman)
100 Parry
120 Bush
95 Healing
65 Chiv

He runs:
120 Weapon
100 Tact (+10 from Soldier's Medallion trash point talisman)
100 Anat
120 Parry
120 Bush
95 Healing
65 Chiv

I run 120 tactics for the fact that Masteries are ONLY affected by real skill, so I handle Onslaught, he just spams Double Strike, and we crossheal. 65 Chiv because we like the ability to remove curse & don't really care about Enemy of One or Consecrate as all of our weapons are elemental for the fight we are doing & enemy of one is negligible damage increase. We may even drop Chiv to 40 soon for more other skills just to keep the ability to sacred journey & utilize enchanted apples for removing curse. Those extra 25 points could be utilized for more healing, parry, tactics, or anatomy. Which would lead to more damage or char durability. Always in 75 all resists with 80 energy due to elf race. Keep Counter attack on always, never let onslaught fall off, and just spam double strike. If the boss has high resists (80+) utilize AI & run bush or some other Mastery that can be useful.

Many people have forgotten the art of crosshealing. It makes everything 100000000x easier.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess we can take a vote tonight at scavenger hunt. but if Wildstar and Amber say no, then I won't.

There are fewer and fewer people left in UO I have any respect for whatsoever, and what I do I try to do for them

and as far as only inviting certain templates with the "right" gear? sorry gotta give you a big HELL NO on that one
I don't know if I'm one who is allowed to vote but unfortunately, I have relapsed with this stupid respiratory infection and now the hubby has it also. I will be out of commission until I heal enough where I can think beyond the end of my nose. If y'all go to Doom? Godspeed and get those arties! Mama out....

Modoc

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm so fed up with the Gauntlet and the changes there... Yes it's a mess!!!!!
The Dark Father now pulls you into him when you have a summons or pet on him.
ADAPT OR DIE,,,whatda want a Bisquit with every Patch. Suck it up and pretend you can Hunt with the Big Boys.:sad2:

Herp!

Journeyman
Whatdoyaknow Pappy, we got us a troll that escaped from under the bridge!
If he's trollin, he's not doing a good job. Sounds more like he's just telling people to adapt because that's what the game is all about. Think back to how everyone complained when SG came out that it was "too hard" and that has undergone 0 changes, no more complaints. Or maybe we can think back further, to when Doom first came out, you know... when we needed 10+ people to kill it in a reasonable time frame & have a chance at loot. It's no different now, it takes adaptation and template/gear changes to do new things. Just because it's no longer a joke of a fight to everyone else, doesn't mean it isn't a joke of a fight still. Yes, the teleportation and leashing are annoying, the amount of add spawning is annoying, but that's the encounter now. All I see is a guy who put on a pair of deal with it sunglasses, threw a doobie in his mouth, and said L2P, adapt, or die. I said the same thing on the page before this by just saying git gud.... no one complained about that saying I'm a troll. Maybe you just need to adapt like he said & realize that we aren't trolling at all.

At the end of the day, this is a game. Most people play games for fun. If it's not fun, you either adapt and make it more fun, or you just don't do it. Just because you want those new items, doesn't mean you'll never get them if you never walk in to Doom again. Hell, I already own 3 recipes and 2 new artifacts just from doing that thing called BUYING THEM... and 1 I actually received from doing the gauntlet a whole 3 times last night.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think Doom is that bad, It's easy if people coordinate and take care of spawn instead of luring things everywhere.

The Drop Prized "Lesser Artifact" or higher quality item should have been part of the Corpse loot instead of a pack-drop.

It does suck farming doom for only 2 drops... Halo & Cuffs.....The weapon artifacts new properties were made useless with the 60s immunity timer in pvp, they also don't have properties or specials that are desirable for either pvp OR pvm.... so, they're useless.

Gloves of Feudal Grip should have had like 200 luck on them, I mean aren't they upgraded Gauntlets of Nobility?

I hope they plan on adding more to it next publish, like.. upgrading the rest of the artifacts. AEgis (a dexer version plz...), Ring of the Vile, Ornament of the Magician, Inquisitors Resolution, Berserker's Maul, Task Master, Serpents Fang, Armor of Fortune, etc...

Herp!

Journeyman
Gloves of Feudal Grip should have had like 200 luck on them, I mean aren't they upgraded Gauntlets of Nobility?
I'd say those are actually some of the best gloves I've ever seen if you're wanting to make a 210 stam suit. Allows for an extra slot on jewels from the DI, Str increase on gear is a rarity now, especially when its over 5... There are many uses for those gloves, just requires creative set making.

The 2h axe, if they removed the DI (or you make a ridiculous set specifically for the weapon) could actually be extremely useful in pvm for a few bosses with low resists in physical. Anything with <90 resists, is actually better to fight with Double Strike and onslaught than with AI(I've done copious amounts of math and testing on this)

Also, AEgis is a dexer version.

EDIT:
Didn't even see it listed... If they upgrade Orni, that would be game breaking.

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd say those are actually some of the best gloves I've ever seen if you're wanting to make a 210 stam suit. Allows for an extra slot on jewels from the DI, Str increase on gear is a rarity now, especially when its over 5... There are many uses for those gloves, just requires creative set making.

The 2h axe, if they removed the DI (or you make a ridiculous set specifically for the weapon) could actually be extremely useful in pvm for a few bosses with low resists in physical. Anything with <90 resists, is actually better to fight with Double Strike and onslaught than with AI(I've done copious amounts of math and testing on this)

Also, AEgis is a dexer version.
8/5 str, 8/10 stam on reforged/legendary items, the gloves are a filler imo.. DI is easy to get on jewels.
The Gloves aren't horrible, but there are many much better options... the Halo & Cuffs are unique in properties enough to where they can compete very well with mid to high-end legendary items.

the AEgis normal version you could argue it's a dexer version, but none of the properties are very useful other than the FC1 & DCI, everything else is better with reforged shields let alone legendaries.

Edit: AEgis, doesn't even have FC 1... It's 5 Self Repair, 15 DCI, 15 RPD, 8 LMC, & 15 physical resist = useless.

Last edited:

Herp!

Journeyman
8/5 str, 8/10 stam on reforged/legendary items, the gloves are a filler imo.. DI is easy to get on jewels.
The Gloves aren't horrible, but there are many much better options... the Halo & Cuffs are unique in properties enough to where they can compete very well with mid to high-end legendary items.

the AEgis normal version you could argue it's a dexer version, but none of the properties are very useful other than the FC1 & DCI, everything else is better with reforged shields let alone legendaries.
I'll agree with AEgis. I'd argue against the gloves being filler though. The DI is easily acquired by jewels, yeah, but you could also get more stats out of not having that di on the jewelry. Same reason I don't run DI on weapons... that 1 extra stat, is worth a lot more than most people think. I spend more time with my head in a spread sheet to make my sets than I spend in the game actually crafting and imbuing things or even utilizing the set. I was fixing to go through and spread sheet up a 210 set for my friends archer using those gloves. I will make sure to share when I am done to show you that they can actually be quite useful. They are by far more useful than most of the other dexxer artifacts in the game, just have to be utilized in the right way I think. I cannot say for sure yet, but I'll get back to you in a week or so when I actually have time to get that spread sheeting done.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't know if I'm one who is allowed to vote but unfortunately, I have relapsed with this stupid respiratory infection and now the hubby has it also. I will be out of commission until I heal enough where I can think beyond the end of my nose. If y'all go to Doom? Godspeed and get those arties! Mama out....
Put away the hooka Mama. :moo:
Hope you get better quickly. You're missed.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I did a couple of gauntlet runs this morning an would vote for three small adjustments:

- lower the rate of invulnerability-moments, 50% of the current rate is enough

- lower the pull-ins of the DFs by 30 %

- double the droprate

Thank you!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Ok, I did a couple of gauntlet runs this morning an would vote for three small adjustments:

- lower the rate of invulnerability-moments, 50% of the current rate is enough

- lower the pull-ins of the DFs by 30 %

- double the droprate

Thank you!
Agree on all points but the drop rate...maybe increase it another 10% but don't double it...otherwise people will get what they want and not go back.

So...2 samps, 2 bards = almost do-able....ALMOST! lol I tried to take a video but the lag was so bad with all the spawn I'm not sure it came out, will have to check later.

Anyway....3 rounds, 5? Dark Fathers..I think.....the rooms are not bad...but yeah the Fleshrenderer invul needs to be reduced a bit...hit it once..INVUL....wait.....wait...wait...hit it once..INVUL....wait....wait....wait... you get the picture.....kinda silly but they do pack a punch!

The Dark Father is on steroids....I think I know why they did it...so you can't just stand there and whirlwind it to death....makes sense but wow it's cray cray! Once you get the hang of it, it's not TOO bad....I haven't gotten a drop yet but lots of blood.

Herp!

Journeyman
The only part of the encounter that really "messed" with me so far, has been the leash. When DF leashes and 3 more come to play with you while you are all alone... it can get a bit hairy. Still no death.

I haven't had time to test this completely either, but, is DF no longer affected by slayer damage? My cold Demon Slayer was doing less damage than my fire UD & my Energy Ele slayers... Very obvious they raised resists from being all 30s, but I just haven't remembered to actually lore him. Planning on doing that later today and updating UOGuide after a few 5-20 DFs, just wondering if anyone else had lored DF or the gauntlet rooms. If so, plz share :D

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Do not increase the drop rate or else this content will become obsolete. You have to consider the amount of people farming and the amount of drops being acquired. If they continue to revamp artifacts, like @CovenantX 's example; AEgis. Think how many are going to be collected farming for the Halo. Now, they revamp it and make it a recipe. Well guess what in the past 3 months over 100 were farmed. All it takes is 1 recipe and the economy and content is destroyed.

Increasing drop rates only decreases the use of new content.

They really should have thought through this better and waited an extra month or two and revamped ALL of the artifacts. Because as we stand now, the price on the HoM upgrade is already falling in price due to the amount of HoM's being farmed...

Herp!

Journeyman
If they continue to revamp artifacts, like @CovenantX 's example; AEgis. Think how many are going to be collected farming for the Halo. Now, they revamp it and make it a recipe. Well guess what in the past 3 months over 100 were farmed.
I have over 200 AEgis just sitting in storage because they never sell and dropped too often anyway. This logic means nothing, we all had hordes of crap stockpiled from before anyway. I also have 17 Ornis, please don't add recipes, I will "destroy the economy" and be called a scripter.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I have over 200 AEgis just sitting in storage because they never sell and dropped too often anyway. This logic means nothing, we all had hordes of crap stockpiled from before anyway. I also have 17 Ornis, please don't add recipes, I will "destroy the economy" and be called a scripter.
Not sure if you are arguing with me, but we are both making the same point.

Herp!

Journeyman
Not sure if you are arguing with me, but we are both making the same point.
No argument from me. I think it's insane that people think this content is gonna last more than a month or 2 like SG almost did, especially considering the fact that some of us have hoarded ridiculous amounts of artifacts that could be upgraded immediately after getting a recipe and create (for now) about 20p+ worth of gold in items that the websites will just buy off of me in game and resell for cash. I have personally caught the guy who does all the buying on Legends for a certain website, reported, can't be proven even with journal logs, GMs ignored.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Something that was told to me;

i didn't get a chance to tell you yesterday what Name of person said about doom. He took his stealther there and he watched a group working on the darkfathers. They pulled them up one at a time. no pets... one person was doing an area peacing... mages were lightening the spawn and archers were shooting the darkfathers. it wasn't pulling anyone or going back to the middle
I have yet to confirm this, PAS is scheduled for Monday on Sonoma, but it sounds that if Archers or Throwers attack the DFs and Mages take on the side spawn only, with a Bard doing area peace? This was on Sonoma.

Herp!

Journeyman
Something that was told to me;

I have yet to confirm this, PAS is scheduled for Monday on Sonoma, but it sounds that if Archers or Throwers attack the DFs and Mages take on the side spawn only, with a Bard doing area peace? This was on Sonoma.
This sounds VERY similar to the old PM bug people used to 1 man solo afk harrower....

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OOC:

While you're fixing that, also fix:
o Reduce the Fleshrenderer invulnerability, to, perhaps, going invulnerable for one second, every thirty seconds. The way it is now, is way too much.
OMG this is just stupid. We had three of us doing a run and it was going invulnerable every 3 hits. It wasn't challenging, just annoyingly slow. Seriously - is this the best you can come up with?

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG this is just stupid. We had three of us doing a run and it was going invulnerable every 3 hits. It wasn't challenging, just annoyingly slow. Seriously - is this the best you can come up with?
Exactly what I said, thanks!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did a couple of more Doom runs. With 3-4 dedicated players, most of it is fun. Interestingly, thd DF have not that much HP. They are nasty but funny. Still, the invulnerability of the fleshrenderers is nothing bug time-stealing poo. Pull-ins of the DFs could be slightly lower and droprate it poo, as usualy. But I decided to go there more often with my thrower!