• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gauntlet is no longer for the Tamer or Mage.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Start to cast, get pulled in, cast is broken. Move away, try to heal, start to cast, get pulled in, cast is broken. Move away, try to heal, start to cast... You're never actually getting to the point of doing any damage.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Start to cast, get pulled in, cast is broken. Move away, try to heal, start to cast, get pulled in, cast is broken. Move away, try to heal, start to cast... You're never actually getting to the point of doing any damage.
you only get pulled in after doing damage which means you have to successfully cast and get a spell in. when you get pulled step back (if necessary even invis) and go back to casting. You could try if delayed spells make him pull you immediately when you release them or only after they hit him. If the latter is the case then increase your dmg output by pairing a delayed spell with a directly hitting spell much like in pvp (explo-flamestrike combo comes to mind). will this slow you down? no doubt! but it shouldn't be impossible to do damage

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
In theory you only get pulled in doing damage. In practice, I've been pulled in by every other mob with that ability, simply for standing too close (ie, within e-bolt range).

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The only conclusive evidence I've ever seen for anyone ever being pulled in when not attacking or casting, involved one of the following:

1. A pet or summons attacking on the boss
  2. A pet or summons casting on the boss (including special effect attacks, poison and breath weapons)
  3. The player or their pet/summons having caused the boss to react via a lingering effect (poison field, paralysis field, fire field, wildfire, cold auras on some pets)
  4. The player or their pet/summons having caused a recurring or reciprocal hit effect on the boss (bleed, RPD, reactive paralyze, some masteries, etc.)
Any thing that causes an effect that "ticks" repeatedly will get you pulled in every time it ticks, unless you remain standing within close proximity. And, even if you don't get teleported due to proximity, the AI can use the "tick" to switch targets to you, at least until something else draws its attention (most instances there's a sweet spot just big enough to put something else on top of you/between you and the boss and not get teleported - but you will catch a LOT of AoE damage that way)

It's possible, perhaps probable, that the boss has the ability to drag in viewers doing nothing (which we've possibly seen on occasion with other bosses that drag in people), but usually it is too busy with those getting dragged in from their own action to do so.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A group of us went to Doom yesterday and even though I'd been warned, I was blown away by the changes. We used to do this for fun but now it's pure chaos. I do like the challenge of the rooms but the DF, and the mob he spawns, are ridiculous. As Mrs Bug stated in the title, it's no longer for tamers or mages. The arti drop couldn't matter less for me as I joined in as a healer. I can see Doom quickly going to inactivity and that's just sad. I wish someone would explain why they felt the need to change it. For me, it's another UO fixing something that wasn't broken.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
UO has been a solo game for the last 4 years. No one wants to go do things as a group then they would have to share the chance at the drop. That's why everyone plays sampires now.... so they can solo everything in the game.
I remember those good days when there was basically 24/7 action on Navrey. Because everybody was just welcome to join. At. Any. Time.

If you ask me, party-requirement and keys killed all the MM in MMORPG. I would like to drop into some Shadowguard encounters when I find some time. But nope, that's not how it works. Actually, that's not how any of the new stuff works.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OOC:
The "pull" by darkfathers has come to Baja, and it is horrible.
Every three seconds, get pulled to the darkfather.
Hidden? Get revealed.
Get targeted by the excessive amounts of spawn around the darkfather.
Die.
Your body gets looted. You lose your bandages, because you can't later find the body of the lich lord that looted you among the scores of dead spawn littering the floor.
Someone in your party says, "This isn't fun, I'm leaving."
You say "Take me with you."
A couple of hours in the gauntlet, and one person in your party got a Ring of the Elements. No one has seen any of the new things. No one got any recipes, which is what you're looking for.

There's a thin line between "Wow, this is a really dangerous place" and "There's a Dev who's messing with us." The Doom gauntlet, as it is now, is too far on the "messing" side.

How to fix this:
o Remove the looting ability of monsters in the gauntlet. Having your body looted isn't fun, ever. Why was a feature added to the game that isn't fun, ever?
- OR make nonlootable items to hold Reagents and Bandages, in the same way that quivers are nonlootable and hold arrows.
o Remove the "Pull" ability of the darkfather entirely,
- OR significantly tone it down to, maybe, the darkfather can "pull" only once every forty seconds.
o Reduce the spawn that the darkfather summons. I thought that the amount prior to Pub 96 was just right. I also thought the throwing bones feature was fun.
o Remove "blood elemental" from the list of spawn that the darkfather can summon.

While you're fixing that, also fix:
o Reduce the Fleshrenderer invulnerability, to, perhaps, going invulnerable for one second, every thirty seconds. The way it is now, is way too much.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont see what the big deal is. the dungeon was revamped, has better rewards, and has made much harder to make the much stronger gear and abilities weve been given over the past 3 years acutally useful.

One of the problems with UO is that were given so many things, but theres really not much use for it.

Personally i find it refreshing to see content where you actually may need more than an imbued suit.

Also no one complained that Tamers have a HUGE advantage for shadowgaurd bosses (unless this was a bug? has this been changed)
I see no reason why another modern update shouldnt favor melee a bit if other new recent content has favored other specific templates.
(there is also a pull-in on the dragon mini-boss you need for keying)

Example: Lady Mel favors ranged / mages while dreadhorn favors melee.

Point is, pull in is just another boss ability in modern UO.

Having trouble with it? update your template and suits, take advantage of things like refinements, masteries, etc that we were given to use. We werent given new gear and abilites for nothing.

For a mage - you can really just use parry / anatomy, still have a slayer book, and barely get hit at all.

If you have the added benefit of a pet and cant fit those 200 skill points into template, use a mageweapon.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How to fix this:
o Remove the looting ability of monsters in the gauntlet. Having your body looted isn't fun, ever. Why was a feature added to the game that isn't fun, ever?
- OR make nonlootable items to hold Reagents and Bandages, in the same way that quivers are nonlootable and hold arrows.
Yeah, because there isn't an NPC you can go to that lets you restock if you get looted. Oh wait. There is. Another option: go on characters that don't need to use bandages to heal themselves, i.e. a sampire.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I'm a sampy and the blood eles that were added to nerf slayers, plus the Armor Ignore nerf, will probably keep me out in the long run.

They don't play. They just don't. They understand the game on a surface level only. They come up with a list of "stuff players use to win" and break that stuff and congratulate themselves on balancing the game.

Like grats, but if I can't use AI or slayers what AM I supposed to use? Double swing with a nonslayer so I can leech back squat and explode?

You guys are supposed to design stuff that's hard even with all our abilities, not just break our abilities and call it good.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm a sampy and the blood eles that were added to nerf slayers, plus the Armor Ignore nerf, will probably keep me out in the long run.

They don't play. They just don't. They understand the game on a surface level only. They come up with a list of "stuff players use to win" and break that stuff and congratulate themselves on balancing the game.

Like grats, but if I can't use AI or slayers what AM I supposed to use? Double swing with a nonslayer so I can leech back squat and explode?

You guys are supposed to design stuff that's hard even with all our abilities, not just break our abilities and call it good.
They definitely don't seem to understand the difference between making something a challenge vs just making mobs immune to the very mechanics that they put in the game to begin with.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Beyond reiterating the obvious, I agree with most of what has already been said here.

The Shadowguard encounter, which gives arguably the best loot in game and is one of the more enjoyable encounters from beginning to end (IMHO), favored Tamers in a major way after the community figured out the tips and tricks to each room and the final encounter. That's certainly not to say its the only template you can use there, but it is certainly the one where you can go on cruise control and not have to do as much thinking or button mashing as with other templates. Something else not to forget is that there is an entire "pet revamp" on queue for one of the next publishes this year. This will likely give Tamers a lot of love, and likely some new pets which are able to deal with the Doom changes in a more feasible way.

Different encounters should require different specialties, skills and tactics to defeat... and preferably in group play. There should be no one template that can simply do everything in-game.

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OOC:
@Smoot: Come to Baja and give it a try.

(Slugwina said there would be folks who would call us all weenies if we gave our feedback on Stratics.)
The folks who most support the new changes are likely those who don't want "carebears" like us around anyway. If most players don't enjoy the changes, those who multibox can just put together a new army script and run it for hours uninterrupted. And if no one else is around to collect these (alleged) new items it will keep their profit margins up

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
OOC:
The "pull" by darkfathers has come to Baja, and it is horrible.
Every three seconds, get pulled to the darkfather.
Hidden? Get revealed.
Get targeted by the excessive amounts of spawn around the darkfather.
Die.
Your body gets looted. You lose your bandages, because you can't later find the body of the lich lord that looted you among the scores of dead spawn littering the floor.
Someone in your party says, "This isn't fun, I'm leaving."
You say "Take me with you."
A couple of hours in the gauntlet, and one person in your party got a Ring of the Elements. No one has seen any of the new things. No one got any recipes, which is what you're looking for.

There's a thin line between "Wow, this is a really dangerous place" and "There's a Dev who's messing with us." The Doom gauntlet, as it is now, is too far on the "messing" side.

How to fix this:
o Remove the "Pull" ability of the darkfather entirely,
- OR significantly tone it down to, maybe, the darkfather can "pull" only once every forty seconds.
o Reduce the spawn that the darkfather summons. I thought that the amount prior to Pub 96 was just right. I also thought the throwing bones feature was fun.
o Remove "blood elemental" from the list of spawn that the darkfather can summon.

While you're fixing that, also fix:
o Reduce the Fleshrenderer invulnerability, to, perhaps, going invulnerable for one second, every thirty seconds. The way it is now, is way too much.
Thank you for doing this before I wasted my time trying to go and got all irritated. Now I have even less desire to go... Not everyone plays a sampire... I wish the DEVs would make things fun for the rest of us and stop trying to pigeon hole boss mobs into one skill set. Nerf it for the tamer/mages and all and you ruin it for more than just them... there is NO WAY I could go do that on my archer. Without area effect damage I wouldn't survive can't invis or anything to get the spawn off me so yeah and I too would lose my body with my bandages which would be looted and I'd be left unable to defend myself and just want to say (&*$ it and leave... Nothing torks me off faster than having everything on my corpse looted and being left without any recourse but to give up and with the rate at which stuff decays... be like doing a champ spawn ..... stuff there loots you and it's gone long before you can get a rez.

I don't ever play my Sampire... I find that sort of play boring and well... annoying. I prefer to play a Tamer or my Archer... but anymore those skills are being driven to extinction...

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The drop rate is low, it could take 4-6 hours of farming to accumulate enough points to receive an artifact. On your tamer try standing directly behind your pet and the DF shouldn't pull you in.
4-6 Hours would be a much better drop rate than old doom! You could run the rooms in old Doom for days and never see a drop!

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I just stumbled onto this. It seemed appropriate enough to breath back into life:

"First, I think it's important that we define what the purpose of AI is for massively multiplayer gaming and, more specifically, for the monsters in the games. Is the purpose of today's gaming AI to replicate human thought? Not really. The above definition is nice, but it doesn't really apply to what we do. Some might say that AI is needed to make monsters more challenging. To me, that's not taking it far enough. For instance, I could make a new monster that has 25,000 hit points, 102AR, 500.0 magic resist, is immune to poison, and does 99 points of damage with a ranged weapon that hits 100% of the time. That monster would certainly be challenging to kill, but there's no artificial intelligence in the monster beyond its ability to target and attack players. It's not a "fun" monster.

And that to me is what AI in these games is really about...making monsters fun. That may sound rather simplistic, but sometimes the simplest explanation is the most elegant. If a monster is not fun to fight, nobody is going to consider it a successful monster design, regardless of how challenging it may be. Fun does not always equal challenging and, more importantly, many players do not want monsters that are as intelligent as players...otherwise, why not just fight players? They want monsters that are fun. Sometimes a fun monster can be something that reacts to your actions, or perhaps it works together with other monsters of its kind to defeat its enemies. Whatever its abilities, if the monster isn't fun, then all of the artificial intelligence in the world is meaningless."

Calandryll
Aug 8 2001 1:58PM

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The folks who most support the new changes are likely those who don't want "carebears" like us around anyway. If most players don't enjoy the changes, those who multibox can just put together a new army script and run it for hours uninterrupted. And if no one else is around to collect these (alleged) new items it will keep their profit margins up
anyone who knows me knows im an avid opponent of multiboxing (personally i think the way to deal with programmed multiboxing is to just ban the accounts to save the rest of the customers that are left.

what i do know, is that part of the fun of the game is being able to overcome obstacles, and specifically gear and build a template for a dificult fight with challenging game mechanics.

I also know I will actually be doing this content. If it could be afked all day on a tamer doing nothing, i wouldnt bother. Thats just not fun. I dont see the problem with a boss having abilities that you might need something other than a greater dragon being stood by and healed.

Personally ill be bringing a 760 skill point 65 dci swordsman into this fight. Itll be the first fun ive had in normal UO content (other than EM events) for a good couple months now and looking forward to experiencing the new AI / special abilities of the monsters there.

Last edited:

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
In addition, the healer has escaped from the healing room in the Gaunlet on Baja. The door is missing.

I don't see anything using him/her when they are in the middle of the fighting near a Dark Father.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
The whole system is pretty rubbish imo.

To my mind a Gauntlet is something you 'run'. Not camp/farm. So for a start it should have a kick out timer. It should have a long difficult entry quest.

Restrictions on Peace/Prov/AI are stupid and should be removed - this should also be the case for all content.

The rooms are no harder than they were before. The Darkfather isn't really either you just have to adapt to fighting it close quarters and the spawn. I can think of at least three Tamer templates that would have no issue standing there Vetting. Same for casters. It's no different to any other monsters counter attacks. I'd like to see a mechanic where if a monster is going to drop something it inherits those properties into it's attacks. It would at least add an element of randomness to the encounters that you couldn't prepare for. It could be taken to a bigger extreme, for example if it's going to drop an Orny it should cast at a 6 FC rate, if it's going to drop Bracers or HOM it should have a 100 SDI boost, Bone Crusher 75 HLA (or basically unhittable for dexxers). The resists and skills need massively increasing, and something down there needs to be a Mystic hitting Purge, Blackthorn Captains are harder than Doom Gauntlet.

The drop rate should be massively increased to coincide with the kick out timer and difficulty increase (the current one is not a difficulty increase).

The only thing down there that is even remotely going to get you killed is Blood Oath and that can easily be countered numerous ways.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOLOL. If people are too stubborn to make a sampire or whammy character by now they should just give up. I used to spawn and do other things like lady mel with a necro mage weaver long ago, its still effective but takes a lot more time. After making my first sampire back in like 2008 it made things so much faster and better way to make gold in the game. Every template can still do most anything, people just don't adjust to the new mobs. Just go in everytime with a different idea and test it to find out what works best with whichever template you use, theres always a way to kill mobs that are predictable. You can always try PvP where its not as predictable and people change how they fight against your specific template on a constant basis.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just stumbled onto this. It seemed appropriate enough to breath back into life:

"First, I think it's important that we define what the purpose of AI is for massively multiplayer gaming and, more specifically, for the monsters in the games. Is the purpose of today's gaming AI to replicate human thought? Not really. The above definition is nice, but it doesn't really apply to what we do. Some might say that AI is needed to make monsters more challenging. To me, that's not taking it far enough. For instance, I could make a new monster that has 25,000 hit points, 102AR, 500.0 magic resist, is immune to poison, and does 99 points of damage with a ranged weapon that hits 100% of the time. That monster would certainly be challenging to kill, but there's no artificial intelligence in the monster beyond its ability to target and attack players. It's not a "fun" monster.

And that to me is what AI in these games is really about...making monsters fun. That may sound rather simplistic, but sometimes the simplest explanation is the most elegant. If a monster is not fun to fight, nobody is going to consider it a successful monster design, regardless of how challenging it may be. Fun does not always equal challenging and, more importantly, many players do not want monsters that are as intelligent as players...otherwise, why not just fight players? They want monsters that are fun. Sometimes a fun monster can be something that reacts to your actions, or perhaps it works together with other monsters of its kind to defeat its enemies. Whatever its abilities, if the monster isn't fun, then all of the artificial intelligence in the world is meaningless."

Calandryll

So would you consider then "Fun" as being randomly pulled in to a group of Area Effect Spamming Mobs who will instantly kill you and loot all your stuff so that even if you manage to get a rez and return to your corpse you'll be unable to heal yourself for the rest of the fight so the next time you get pulled in even if you manage to get away you'll remain half dead and eventually die over and over and over again???

I am sorry but I don't find that in any way shape or form "fun".

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
So would you consider then "Fun" as being randomly pulled in to a group of Area Effect Spamming Mobs who will instantly kill you and loot all your stuff so that even if you manage to get a rez and return to your corpse you'll be unable to heal yourself for the rest of the fight so the next time you get pulled in even if you manage to get away you'll remain half dead and eventually die over and over and over again???

I am sorry but I don't find that in any way shape or form "fun".
Ditto. :p

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
4-6 Hours would be a much better drop rate than old doom! You could run the rooms in old Doom for days and never see a drop!
Doom drop rates were reworked years ago into something less painful for casual farming. It seems the system has been broken once again according to some. Maybe a decimal point was misplaced, perhaps an extra 0 was added to the table, or maybe people are being overly dramatic about how bad things really are. I guess we will all just have to wait until Thursday to see.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran

Calandryll

No seriously devs, read this.

@Kyronix @Mesanna @Bleak

This is so on the nose it hurts.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OOC:
Nope, I'm not being overly dramatic about the drop rate.
A couple of years ago, just about everyone on the Baja Doom Train got one item per hour.
Sunday Feb 5 2017, one person got one Ring of the Elements.

Let us hope the Devs read their feedback email and make adjustments before Pub 96 goes live worldwide. Quoting Slugwina again, "The Doom Train is on hiatus until this **** is fixed."

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Calandryll
Don't forget unbreakable paralyze that you can't resist or avoid, or being near impossible to hit with a weapon. Because challenge ;)

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I miss a lot of those old guys...
I've been working to try and dig out as much as I can find of the old stuff like this. Take a stroll over to Official Communications - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums for a few hours of good reading. :)

OT: I know it's too late for it to happen with this publish, but as long as the devs are working in Doom, I wish they'd also go do something with that area they added for the Wolfgang thing, then blocked off a year or so ago. Seems a bit of a waste for that area of Doom, and that Wolfgang church, to simply be forgotten and inaccessible.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Switch up your Sampire's template, give him SS so he can cast Curse Weapon. My Sampires have always had SS, and it's crazy how much life i leech. Get hit for 120-130 damage from Chief Paroxysmus? No problem, a single 250 damage Double Strike on him heals me for 175 Health (more than cap) with Vamp Form+Curse Weapon up. With just cookie-cutter Sampire Vamp Form, that'd be 50 Health instead. 70% Hit Life Drain vs 20% Hit Life Drain is a huge difference, 3.5x more in fact.
Plus, you can use Corpse Skin to lower the opponent's Fire/Poison Resist by 15, then stack that with Onslaught from a 100% Fire/Poison Double Axe for -35 Resist, which makes Double Strike far superior to AI against virtually every PvM enemy in the game. The enemy would have to have 90+ in Fire and Poison Resist for AI to be better than DS in that case. If you have Disco or a Rune Beetle on the boss as well, Double Strike pulls even further ahead of AI. The only time AI is really better than Double Strike with a Whammy/Sampire, is when the opponent has crazy high Wrestling, like Anon's 300+ Wrest.

Last edited:

BrianATudor

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I am returning from a break of several years and I would just LOVE a template that could solo doom easily. I can get whatever suit/items. Does anyone have any good ones?

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I am returning from a break of several years and I would just LOVE a template that could solo doom easily. I can get whatever suit/items. Does anyone have any good ones?
You will not be able to solo doom. It has been revamped into a community or guild activity. I would suggest finding a cool guild on whatever server you play. 2-3 of the right template can do it, but soloing is going to be for the advanced. Not saying your not advanced, but you're going to have to drop a lot of money on a suit with skill inc items

BrianATudor

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
You will not be able to solo doom. It has been revamped into a community or guild activity. I would suggest finding a cool guild on whatever server you play. 2-3 of the right template can do it, but soloing is going to be for the advanced. Not saying your not advanced, but you're going to have to drop a lot of money on a suit with skill inc items
I lost most of my wealth when my houses fell, but I can still afford almost any suit. If it will be too painstaking that is another issue. What would be the one template you would recommend for attempting to solo it? How about the best 2 template duo? Thanks for your time, I am so entirely lost!

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Doom is still easily soloable on all hunting templates (most of the people in this thread have no idea what they are talking about / how to play UO)

The easiest template to do it on is a 4x Legendary Bard. Followed by any type of leeching dexxer (sampires, dragoons, wammys, and Ninjas will have a distinct advantage in several areas.) Then Tamers. Then any form of Mystic. Followed by Necro/Mages. Any of these combined with Spellweaving also.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Doom is still easily soloable on all hunting templates (most of the people in this thread have no idea what they are talking about / how to play UO)

The easiest template to do it on is a 4x Legendary Bard. Followed by any type of leeching dexxer (sampires, dragoons, wammys, and Ninjas will have a distinct advantage in several areas.) Then Tamers. Then any form of Mystic. Followed by Necro/Mages. Any of these combined with Spellweaving also.
That's not solo, that is multi clienting. He said SOLO. So like I said there will be an advanced template that will work with a very nice suit but for now with the constant teleporting DF along with teleporting you and summoning opposite slayer types you can get lit up pretty fast using EOO. Nice try being some 'superior' player though!

BrianATudor

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran

I actually have a bard to follow my sampire with! Could you provide a quick sampire temp for me? I don't even know what stats I wan't on the suit anymore it has been so long. I also heard a few things about resisting spells for blood omen, what do you think?

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OOC:
Nope, I'm not being overly dramatic about the drop rate.
A couple of years ago, just about everyone on the Baja Doom Train got one item per hour.
Sunday Feb 5 2017, one person got one Ring of the Elements.

Let us hope the Devs read their feedback email and make adjustments before Pub 96 goes live worldwide. Quoting Slugwina again, "The Doom Train is on hiatus until this **** is fixed."

The reason I did that was I asked for feedback from the entire "party" towards the end of the run (We had between 8-14 ppl depending on the time)

There was not ONE SINGLE positive comment, and when asked it was fun EVERY PERSON said no. Look I get that my comments, and James' most likely mean nothing here amid all the "power posters" Hell , the silent majority might night even be the majority anymore. I just wonder what happens when the few no longer have anyone to sell to (In some cases with ingame gold bought from their websites)

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
That's not solo, that is multi clienting. He said SOLO. So like I said there will be an advanced template that will work with a very nice suit but for now with the constant teleporting DF along with teleporting you and summoning opposite slayer types you can get lit up pretty fast using EOO. Nice try being some 'superior' player though!
No, that is solo. When I say 'following' I don't mean literally, one template following round the other, I mean following as in the next best template that can solo it.

You don't need an advanced template to do anything down there. The Teleporting is not constant, it's when you perform a negative action on the target, it is a counter attack. Which is easy to avoid. It occasionally (2-4 times per Darkfather) summons 1-2 Blood Elementals, that spawn 5 tiles away from you, considering the Darkfather is now tethered to his spot and you can offscreen, drop EoO, change weapon, hit Evade or countless other things it isn't really a problem. In addition if you are talking specifically about a dexxer, they can be hitting Whirlwind and Hit Area which goes through all of the additional spawn very quickly.

My dragoon who is still HCI bugged on TC to have -35 HCI had no problems at all going round the whole thing.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I actually have a bard to follow my sampire with! Could you provide a quick sampire temp for me? I don't even know what stats I wan't on the suit anymore it has been so long. I also heard a few things about resisting spells for blood omen, what do you think?
I think you should read the profession forums for dexxers all the templates are explained there in great detail. Resist isn't a bad idea while you're getting back into it but most people do without it later on.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
No, that is solo. When I say 'following' I don't mean literally, one template following round the other, I mean following as in the next best template that can solo it.

You don't need an advanced template to do anything down there. The Teleporting is not constant, it's when you perform a negative action on the target, it is a counter attack. Which is easy to avoid. It occasionally (2-4 times per Darkfather) summons 1-2 Blood Elementals, that spawn 5 tiles away from you, considering the Darkfather is now tethered to his spot and you can offscreen, drop EoO, change weapon, hit Evade or countless other things it isn't really a problem. In addition if you are talking specifically about a dexxer, they can be hitting Whirlwind and Hit Area which goes through all of the additional spawn very quickly.

My dragoon who is still HCI bugged on TC to have -35 HCI had no problems at all going round the whole thing.
You don't need to teach me how to run it. I already have as you can see here: [Selling] - Every Doom Artifact 24hr Auction

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The Dark Father didn't really even need much tuning. The other wimp bosses sure, but the DF? It could be soloed, but it wasn't a complete snooze what with the spawn and the blood oath, and going at it with a big unorganized group was always chaos even with modern gear. Maybe put a rock down in that niche everyone would stand in to solo it, maybe give the casting spawn archer AI to make them stay at range.

Vet

Visitor
I dunno if BS has the capability to code it, but perhaps coding the mobs to react to a "like" attack is the way to go. If your casting or attacking from a distance,including a tamer, the mob does too. If your melee'n it, the mobs melees you. That way no one gets to just "stand" there and this "suckin in" business can go bye bye!

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
And this is why they asked for feedback in the News Letters, also there will be a Meet and Greet on Siege on the 13th. I am sure there will be gates up to allow those that cannot gate (no recalling allowed) to make it and ask the question you need an answer to. From what I am reading here I am sure I will see a few of you there.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just spent the evening down in Doom. In my opinion, whoever was responsible for the revision should be FIRED! It is HORRIBLE. It is not in any shape, form, or fashion remotely fun. But then I guess this is what we should expect when the Devs don't even play the game. The Dark Fathers remind me of Zippy, with massive spawn that targets you immediately when you cast/attack them . Add in "non-instanced" encounters (meaning that anyone can pop in at the end and get credit or screw up a really good "battle plan"). Then combine that with the NONEXISTENT drop rates, and you end up with something not the bother. We got some blood, had 1 person get a "new" drop, and ZERO recipes. Out of a group of 6. After running it 3 times. @Bleak @Mesanna @Kyronix What in the world were y'all thinking? Pitiful, absolutely pitiful. It's almost worth paying the insane prices that are being asked for the items (from a multiboxer I feel certain. But that's whole different can of worms.)

If this is the best they can come up with, I pity the people who are waiting on the pet revamp. You are going to be completely disappointed!