• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

For Current Account Holders - Poll Regarding EJ And Your Plans

Will You Be Keeping Your Account's Open Or Close Them To Play EJ?

• I will keep my account's open.

Votes: 91 77.1%
  • I will close my accounts and play EJ.

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • I will close some accounts and keep some accounts open.

Votes: 23 19.5%

• Total voters

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Has anyone addressed the culture of those that are competitive minded? Our American culture is strongly geared towards believing that having the bestest and mostest stuff will make us happy. For instance, how long would it be, if I'm playing EJ, before I started feeling like I don't have enough space, options for all the goodies I want to have? The goodies that the 'elite' account holders have and I don't. They have a house, I don't. They can go there, I can't. They can do this, I can't. My belief is that this will bring in new subs and possibly balance out those, for what ever their personal reason is, who close their account(s).

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Has anyone addressed the culture of those that are competitive minded? Our American culture is strongly geared towards believing that having the bestest and mostest stuff will make us happy. For instance, how long would it be, if I'm playing EJ, before I started feeling like I don't have enough space, options for all the goodies I want to have? The goodies that the 'elite' account holders have and I don't. They have a house, I don't. They can go there, I can't. They can do this, I can't. My belief is that this will bring in new subs and possibly balance out those, for what ever their personal reason is, who close their account(s).
They have a house, I don't. - they will have to sub or UO will have to make a house token that is restricted to one per account and restrict them to EJ only or us PAID people will have two houses per account LOL.

They can go there, I can't. - Where can't an EJ account go as long as the have the right expansion.

They can do this, I can't. - IMHO there is very little they can't do, what were you thinking.

Belmarduk

Adventurer
EJ is going to go down the drain, IF THERE IS NO ADVERTISMENT !

This has always been one of the biggest mistakes made with UO - no advertisment....

IMHO it would have made MUCH more sense to place UO into Steam - nvm this stupid EA - Valve difference - How stupid are they ? This would have really given UO a push into the right direction !

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It's not firm yet, so why advertise now? I don't have hopes they will, but now is definitely too soon.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I only pay to keep my house alive. The 90 day juggle. The thread over there from Tyrath sumps it up pretty well. Boredom, mismagement, ...

But will keep it that way since it's only like 10 bucks every three months.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
EJ is going to go down the drain, IF THERE IS NO ADVERTISMENT !

This has always been one of the biggest mistakes made with UO - no advertisment....

IMHO it would have made MUCH more sense to place UO into Steam - nvm this stupid EA - Valve difference - How stupid are they ? This would have really given UO a push into the right direction !
EJ will live strong as long as UO is here because all those 14 trial accounts can now be opened for free and are allowed in Gen Chat spaming all their RMT sites

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
In spite of having left UO some time ago, I find myself frequently coming back to Stratics and following the conversations regarding Endless Journey. So far, it doesn't sound very appealing to a once-upon-a-time peace-loving non-adventurer who would still want a tiny spot of ground to call her own. I'm also fairly certain I wouldn't play often enough to justify paying for a subscription again. I have to wonder, am I alone in feeling this way?