• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Event Moderators

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You overestimate EAmythic. For all we know it could be a shift worker in America.
You repeatedly assume the worst. And Mythic doesn't have to or is obligated to say anything about where the EMs are located.

Oceania is in AU, but AU could easily be covered by an EM in CH, HK, JP, KR, PH, or SP... they are in the same region and the time zones are close enough (several of those countries are in the same time zone as Perth, of course if you're in Sydney you're probably still going to gripe).

Let them handle their business and go rest your neck. :D

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You overestimate EAmythic. For all we know it could be a shift worker in America.
Hello Everyone,

There will not be any event run on any shard that will keep you up past lets say 9 or 10pm. The goal is to have events run that will not keep anyone from getting to bed at a reasonable hour. We have looked at the mistakes made in the past and are trying our best not to make those again.

Mesanna

K

katherinepgoh

I'm fairly certain that they have not sent out any emails to the applicants, because of the holidays. I also don't think they have because I'm sure they wouldn't be so mean as to not say anything to people who applied but didn't get in. So I still think that it will take time before any EM's are known, and I think your brother is pulling your leg ^_^

K

Kiminality

I'm fairly certain that they have not sent out any emails to the applicants, because of the holidays. I also don't think they have because I'm sure they wouldn't be so mean as to not say anything to people who applied but didn't get in. So I still think that it will take time before any EM's are known, and I think your brother is pulling your leg ^_^
It's not uncommon for companies not to respond to the declined applications.
If they do, it's not always immediate, either.
I once had an application declined 8 months after they stopped advertising the position.

Also, they probably wouldn't provide a list of real names/identities.
So, I'll bet they'll wait on:
1.) EM names to be thought up
2.) EMs being trained/proven
So, maybe expect a list of EM names... a few weeks after they send out the emails.
Even then, you probably wouldn't be allowed to know that "EM Monkey" is the same person as "OwNiFiCaTeD" from whatever shard.

K

katherinepgoh

Mesanna, can you please let people know when the emails are sent out? The suspense is killing the people who applied ^_^

S

sapphirediablo11

Oh you caught me :p i though i could get someone to say me to or something :| oh well :| hehe guess that didn't work :D

S

Shioni

Mesanna, can you please let people know when the emails are sent out? The suspense is killing the people who applied ^_^
I second that, but I already know my application got shot down because I'm a very powerful physic.

Maybe I should have included that on my application!

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to be sure, is that "9-10 PM" based on local time wherever the server physically is?

These times will be based on each shards time zones. For example, Europa will not have an EM that can only run events at 10 pm their time. We want to have events that everyone can attend not just a few night owls.

Mesanna

S

sapphirediablo11

Interesting said the person whom just got 500 post... but that aside.. interesting... sound like it is going to be fun :D

Random Question here, but do EMs get to chose the colour of their robes? hehe not that it is important or anything just so i know what kindof of robe to look for... (yes i realize teh GM/seer/counciler robes that that stip, but i just want to know if they are going to all be one colour or if there are going to be many :O)

K

katherinepgoh

If it's like last time, then EM's will have black robes with gold trim ^_^

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Everyone,

There will not be any event run on any shard that will keep you up past lets say 9 or 10pm. The goal is to have events run that will not keep anyone from getting to bed at a reasonable hour. We have looked at the mistakes made in the past and are trying our best not to make those again.

Mesanna
Ah you're quite good at dodging my question :sad4:

I know of a few people who have received emails, not positive ones though. Anyway, I hope we can expect the list to be up soon.

*edit*

Oh and will the events be based on a once per week schedule, similar to last time?

S

sapphirediablo11

I would hope one event per week re-run at more than one time.
Well since they are being paid they will have to limit the time that they work.. so you will probly only see an event twice a week, or twice a month, but lol no info here :| oh wells :| really hope its the 2/week+ so that people who are busy one day can do it another. Hrmm... Or even if the event if run on... like part A-C... and you can join in at any time :| hrmm :O

Good to hear on the robes that they are going to be the same as before :D

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Good to hear on the robes that they are going to be the same as before :D
I assumed the robes would be black with gold trim based on the image they used to link to the application on UO.com. That doesn't mean they will be just if that's the image they are using as a marquee of sorts for the program it would lead you to think that.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I assumed the robes would be black with gold trim based on the image they used to link to the application on UO.com. That doesn't mean they will be just if that's the image they are using as a marquee of sorts for the program it would lead you to think that.
Black with gold same as before...
Just like the website shows. =]

S

sapphirediablo11

But websites are supposed to be riddled with flaws and mistakes :O my dreams are crushed :|

Edit..

Does that mean that their left hand will shimer and shine?? or is that the flaw Ahh!! now i understand :D

L

Lord Mercer

It is illogical that people have received emails already, because they would post an announcement saying that they have made there choice, etc...

They wouldnt tell the people who were accepted and leave the rest of the players who applied waiting.

D

Dragon Slave.

It is illogical that people have received emails already, because they would post an announcement saying that they have made there choice, etc...

They wouldnt tell the people who were accepted and leave the rest of the players who applied waiting.
I don't pretend to know anything, I'm just like everyone else, playing the wait and see game. But however it is possible that the chosen ones could have been informed already, and are sworn to secrecy, just like beta testers have been in the past.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, brainstorming this through ... they likely need to offer and have people accept/reject and then have documents mailed out, signed and returned.

My intuition tells me that the people who have been selected probably know by now.

(of course from time to time I am completely wrong)

L

Lord Mercer

So -- There you have it.

Apparently, by this nice thumbs up emoticon, all of us who did apply have gotten our answer. You know it occurs to me that most who applied are probably very longtime, old players. Who have paid thousands of dollars into the system and are among the most loyal customers.

It is very professional and courteous to have found out that the application that I worked several hours on, and waited day after day to see if I would get a response has been rejected.

And I only had to look at the bottom of a gigantic thread on stratics.

Classy.

T

Trevelyan

Maybe they could have posted something like "Everyone who has been chosen has been notified so, if you havent been notified, stop waiting" but you'd know soon enough anyway from when they announce who they all are

S

sapphirediablo11

You need remeber there might be something that comes up were person A is now unable to take the position, and no long will be able to fill the part, but person B who has yet to recieve anything because they were REALLY REALLY good but not the best, but are next in line for X shard, might now be able to get the spot... which is why person A recived WOOT you are in, and Person B reviceved nothing...

K

katherinepgoh

Um, They didnt say either way about the emails, and in fact last we heard Mesanna specifically said that NONE of the applicants knew yet or not. That thumbs up from Regine was just indicating that documents did have to be prepared and signed. So no, they are not saying you've been rejected if you haven't been notified. Don't be so pessimistic.

And, if you take it literally, then they have to mail out the documents to the applicants through whatever address you have listed on your billing statements, which might be why they asked what your accounts were when you applied. (Hope noone had false information on their My Accounts page! ^_^)

And again, I don't think that they have sent the emails out yet...keep in mind that their not at work, and they even skipped the FOF this week due to holidays. The earliest they'll let people know is probably monday ^_^

(EA reps, if you know differently, please let us know clearly, as we really do want to know what the deal is instead of being led on like this.)

S

sapphirediablo11

The first EM event!!! Find out who the EM's are!!!! ready START-O!!!!

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So -- There you have it.

Apparently, by this nice thumbs up emoticon, all of us who did apply have gotten our answer. You know it occurs to me that most who applied are probably very longtime, old players. Who have paid thousands of dollars into the system and are among the most loyal customers.

It is very professional and courteous to have found out that the application that I worked several hours on, and waited day after day to see if I would get a response has been rejected.

And I only had to look at the bottom of a gigantic thread on stratics.

Classy.
Please. I have never went through a job application process where they sent rejection letter before the selection process was complete. If one of their initial choices does not work out during the contract signing phrase they would want to go back to the next best choices. That is how it usually works and that is what the "thumbs up" seems to suggest (at least to me). There are many potential reasons why one of their initial choices would not work out during the contractual phase (assuming they are even at that point). If that happens they would want to go back and pick again from the people at the top of the rejected pile. Only then they would send an official "Thank you for applying" emails to everyone that applied. Even then there is always a chance that things don't work out with one of the hired EMs and they go back to the ones who applied and ask the ones they liked if they want to join. So being patient is a virtue.

I understand that for someone who has applied it might be hard to wait but really it has not been that long. If you are going mad from waiting then just sit back and look forward to the incoming events like most of the rest of us normal players are doing. :)

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please. I have never went through a job application process where they sent rejection letter before the selection process was complete. If one of their initial choices does not work out during the contract signing phrase they would want to go back to the next best choices. That is how it usually works and that is what the "thumbs up" seems to suggest (at least to me). There are many potential reasons why one of their initial choices would not work out during the contractual phase (assuming they are even at that point). If that happens they would want to go back and pick again from the people at the top of the rejected pile. Only then they would send an official "Thank you for applying" emails to everyone that applied. Even then there is always a chance that things don't work out with one of the hired EMs and they go back to the ones who applied and ask the ones they liked if they want to join. So being patient is a virtue.

I understand that for someone who has applied it might be hard to wait but really it has not been that long. If you are going mad from waiting then just sit back and look forward to the incoming events like most of the rest of us normal players are doing. :)
Excellent post, Tomas!

We already know that quite a bit of legal work had to be in place for Event Moderators to become a reality again. Some of that process may not be completed, and may hinge upon total completion of the application process. Notifying the choosen applicants with an offer of the position is definately not the last step of the process. There could be substitutes needed. And of course releases, paperwork, and non-disclosure agreements need to be signed, returned, and filed.

I would rather be patient and wait for a great EM program to start, than be in a rush and end up with a less than stellar end product.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am pretty sure, as stated above, there is a whole non-disclosure clause in there, which may explain the silence. In such cases you just have to patiently wait till they are ready to publicly announce.
Hopefully sometime next week they will make the announcements. =]

L

Lord Mercer

Tommy,

Your entire post implies that they have already made there initial selection. That is indeed the point, sir.

It only makes sense that they used the holiday weekend to send out the notifications. They said last Friday that they would make there selection in the next few days. Meaning they probably went out tuesday before everyone left for Thanksgiving, and knowing that EM's are supposed to be internet junkies, giving them plenty of ample freetime to respond and get the paperwork printed/signed/and mailed back.

And I think it is rude to keep the rest of us waiting.

A

AesSedai

I believe the person's name that was trying to help and assuage your feelings is Tomas. It is more classy, professional, and courteous to address people by their actual name, imo; so Tomas_Bryce might've been an even better way to initiate your response to him.

Good lucks to all that were asked to be EM's thus far - make UO proud.
Best wishes to those that haven't been asked thus far - I agree with Tomas_Bryce in that there might be a few more chosen before all is said and done ~ patience.

K

Kiminality

Mercy,

Would you prefer they told you that you didn't get the position. Then, if someone backed out, they wouldn't offer you the place, because they already told you no?
Just because you haven't heard yes, doesn't necessarily mean no.

Anyway, isn't it more fun to take part in the event, and get the shiny items? ;)

T

Trevelyan

Tommy,

Your entire post implies that they have already made there initial selection. That is indeed the point, sir.

It only makes sense that they used the holiday weekend to send out the notifications. They said last Friday that they would make there selection in the next few days. Meaning they probably went out tuesday before everyone left for Thanksgiving, and knowing that EM's are supposed to be internet junkies, giving them plenty of ample freetime to respond and get the paperwork printed/signed/and mailed back.

I thought Mesanna already said that they had been chosen, like a week ago - just that because of legal stuff they havent said who those people are. Whether or not they know who they are or not is something that hasnt been confirmed or denied. I cant remember who it was, but id say what someone else said - just be patient; id rather spend a lot of time waiting for whatever reason and not knowing if it meant that we get EMs back than not have EMs at all.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mercy,

Would you prefer they told you that you didn't get the position. Then, if someone backed out, they wouldn't offer you the place, because they already told you no?
Just because you haven't heard yes, doesn't necessarily mean no.

Anyway, isn't it more fun to take part in the event, and get the shiny items? ;)
Agreed on the attending part!
I personally look forward to events. Some of my best times in UO have been EM events! Even though I myself have never won an item aside from getting 5 RBG sashes. *cry*

K

Katlene

Just wait.
Youll all find out when it is time to find out, and not before.
All the whinging and complaining isnt going to make them rush it all out, it will just slightly annoy them.
Hell if people keep carrying on i hope they drag it out just to spite the complainers! :yell: :D

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
would be better if they hired gms from player base helped to fix blatant cheast before more ems to give out uber crap to mates

Just wait.
Youll all find out when it is time to find out, and not before.
All the whinging and complaining isnt going to make them rush it all out, it will just slightly annoy them.
Hell if people keep carrying on i hope they drag it out just to spite the complainers! :yell: :D

S

sapphirediablo11

I personally look forward to events. Some of my best times in UO have been EM events! Even though I myself have never won an item aside from getting 5 RBG sashes. *cry*
I disagree i remeber the seer times, I LOVED making everyone have a good time, and getting people to join in on something, helping people in need, Meh who needs items (item collectors don't smite me please :O ) when you get that warm feeling inside... :| oh well doesn't matter to me aslong as everyone has fun :D yea!!!

Side not, since the winners have been decided, if they give permission can you post their stories :D i would really like to read some of their literature :D

S

sapphirediablo11

would be better if they hired gms from player base helped to fix blatant cheast before more ems to give out uber crap to mates
They are under contracts now, so everything is monitored so hopefully only perty looking things go out, and no HCI 30% helms or MR2 lrc 10 sashes...

K

Kiminality

I used to love attending the events.
I never even got a sash, but corny as it sounds, the events themselves were the better part.

Running the events, I'm betting is double-edged.
There's the satisfaction of running an event, that people enjoy.
But, on the other hand, there's the people that will prejudge. Based on what they perceived in the past, trashing your efforts.

S

sapphirediablo11

I used to love attending the events.
I never even got a sash, but corny as it sounds, the events themselves were the better part.

Running the events, I'm betting is double-edged.
There's the satisfaction of running an event, that people enjoy.
But, on the other hand, there's the people that will prejudge. Based on what they perceived in the past, trashing your efforts.
True and if they don't like it don't come to the next one :p

That is how it should be if they come to the next one they people really are just saying we loved it and want your attention :D