• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Event Moderators

S

sapphirediablo11

I need to put this rumor to an end about overpowered items...
EM's have NEVER been able to create items with properties. I have spoken to EM's in the past personally and it was part of what I asked. EM's are the same as Seers. Seers/EM's can create items and give them unique names and colors. But not add properties.
Properties can ONLY be added to items by GM's So if you wanna blame someone for overpowered items, blame the GM's that were part of helping the EM program [by decorating areas and making special items with properties]

EM's COULD request certain items for events, but it was always up to the GM to decide whether or not to make them.
I believe that seers and EMs are different, very much so... although i have been wrong who knows :O but i believe seers had the power of GMs, aslong as they did not die. :O

hrmm Well best of luck every :D

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've spoken with EM's personally on the matter though. I know pretty what what they are capable of, and adding properties to items is not one of them. Neither is being able to decorate areas. That is why everytime there is an EM event requiring decorating areas or making spawns, a GM is required to attend hidden in the background to make these things happen. That was GM Zilo's job, back when he worked at EA.

S

sapphirediablo11

I've spoken with EM's personally on the matter though. I know pretty what what they are capable of, and adding properties to items is not one of them. Neither is being able to decorate areas. That is why everytime there is an EM event requiring decorating areas or making spawns, a GM is required to attend hidden in the background to make these things happen. That was GM Zilo's job, back when he worked at EA.
Hrmm well it may be then that the GM makes the item for the EM to distribute to the players, but who knows other than, the person who made the item(s) :D but wow i still am very excited about the ems coming back!!!!!! I really hope myself, one of my crew, or family get in :D that would be awsome, to have someone who is dedicated in the game :D anyways..

Best of luck everyone :D

S

Shioni

Many of you have asked us if this is a paid position or not, we’ve still got some final documentation to clear up with our legal department and then we will be able to give out a some extra details to everyone.

This program is not going to be run like the past EM program, there will be plenty of improvements. We will be giving everyone support and there will be strict documentation and approval for all reward items.

Mesanna
One of my *couhs* sources says this may be a paid position... something about a class action lawsuit by past EMs for not being paid?

And that EM's might be limited to working 5-8 hour weeks

... also If I was in any position to create items Id personally rather just give myself a val hammer and craft people rewards to try get around documentation

Not sure how bright your lawyers are but if they dont play the game Im betting there is 10 or 15 loop holes people will find to ruin yet another good idea from Dev...

E

eccentricjules

Well Shioni, I doubt anyone was thinking this was a full time position. I KNOW they are strict about hours worked, which only makes sense. As for "getting around documentation" I don’t even know what to say about that… Why would a lawyer need to play the game to make a contact? That’s plain silly. First of all EM’s aren’t gods… they can’t do just anything they want. I don’t know what kind of loopholes you are talking about but considering it’s a paid position then any wrongdoing would be like stealing from your employer. Just give this a chance, don’t discount its success before it’s even begun!

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have good news and bad news!

We have chosen the 30 applications and assigned them to specific shards. That was the good news *grins*

The bad news is we still can't send out the good news to anyone as of yet because we have not finalized all the legal paperwork. As soon as we do we will be posting the details.

Happy Holidays to all!

Mesanna

J

Jhym

Will you be looking to expand the program later on if things go well? I only ask because I decided not to apply right now but with my other online game going away I may have more playtime than I thought next year.

I had a fairly good time as a troubadour and seer for a while, but if the EM program is mostly limited to pushing the storylines and doing micro events I wouldn't enjoy it anyway.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

We have chosen the 30 applications and assigned them to specific shards. That was the good news *grins*

The bad news is we still can't send out the good news to anyone as of yet because we have not finalized all the legal paperwork. As soon as we do we will be posting the details.

Happy Holidays to all!

Mesanna
Can you confirm to us if EM's on Oceania will be Oceaniac, same for Europa ect?

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you confirm to us if EM's on Oceania will be Oceaniac, same for Europa ect?
We have chosen the best people for each shard, I don't think anyone will be unhappy with the decisions that have been made so far. *grins*

K

Katlene

main reason i didnt apply was the 'you cant do it on your shard'
Oce is the only shard i have 0 lag on hence id give the best 'performance'.
I cant guarentee that id always have an ok connection to other shards.
Also the time differences come in again for that aswell.
Us upsidowners cant catch a break lol.

But congrats to the people that got in though (even if they dont know yet)

S

sapphirediablo11

I know this is really nosy hehe but what was approx. the total number of applications that were turned in?? no answer needed just want to see what the odds are for someone who applied lol... I'm a math nerd :\

T

Trevelyan

You also have to calculate in both variety of quality of applications, positions available based on locale as well as diminishing odds as EMs are chosen (finite number of places available, whereas odds could give significantly more or less EMs)

But it would be interesting to know how many applications there were, even if just to know how many people were interested

S

sapphirediablo11

Hrmm i think last i heard or remeber hearing is about 100 people... but that was a bit back i think on the second day... so :O

K

Kiminality

I think I heard 140, at some point...
I could have made that up, though...

My money would go, almost arbitrarily, into the 250-300-ish area.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i hope having past flags on your account doesnt hurt your chances :p

E

eccentricjules

This is all very exciting. Can't wait for events to start!

Also, Thanks for letting us know whats going on!

S

sapphirediablo11

Ohh i can't wait i hope myself or one of my friends got it :D or even my family... i know my bro applied... i think :| lol :D

Can't wait to be doing events again its been soo long... (sounds cheesy???)

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We have chosen the best people for each shard, I don't think anyone will be unhappy with the decisions that have been made so far. *grins*
If it's an American trying to play on Oceania, they'll have to put up with a ping of about 300+, which will be interesting when they're trying to run around with 100's of spells being cast simultaneously on things like bosses.

If it's an Australian who plays an American shard, then it'll most likely be our former EM's, in which case I will be extremely displeased as one of them was clearly bias against my guild and has even stated similar on there alternate stratics account.

If it's an Australian who plays on Oceania, then I'll be happy as they will know our shard history.

S

Shioni

Mesanna
One word, loopholes!

Or is that really two hmmm...

Hey if anyone finds out they got the job, ill be your friend for a dollar! If you don't have a dollar I'll take shiny gems too!

I

Inspector

Why are you hiring EM'? What you NEED TO DO is hire some competent frickin game masters that aren't constantly absent !!! BLAH

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they should hire people to be GMs the same way they're hiring EMs... people that can log on from home and get paid for doing the job... i think thats a very efficient way to conduct business

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ohh i can't wait i hope myself or one of my friends got it :D or even my family... i know my bro applied... i think :| lol :D

Can't wait to be doing events again its been soo long... (sounds cheesy???)
I can't wait for the events again either. :D

S

sapphirediablo11

they should hire people to be GMs the same way they're hiring EMs... people that can log on from home and get paid for doing the job... i think thats a very efficient way to conduct business
I like this idea, i think this should be the next thing on the agenda, although the agenda is large already... what I'm tyring to say is a good idea :O

Why are you hiring EM'? What you NEED TO DO is hire some competent frickin game masters that aren't constantly absent !!! BLAH
Surprisingly i can't complain ATM since every time the past 5 times i've gotten a GM and it was less than 30 mins :O

I can't wait for the events again either. :D
Yea for Events! *and there was much rejoicing*

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I wouldn't mind seeing the EM's acting as GM's when the aren't doing events to be honest.

That way each Shard would have 2 GM's assigned to it more or less.

S

sapphirediablo11

I wouldn't mind seeing the EM's acting as GM's when the aren't doing events to be honest.

But don't the EM's only work 4-6 hour at most... that makes 12 hours of time, -1 hour (generous here) for the shard maintaince updates ect.. that aren't being attended...

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thats actually a really good idea.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

EM's don't have that kind of power...
And honestly I don't see EA allowing it. GM's have pretty much the power to do anything, which is why EA watches over them closely and they must work in the same building.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would be cool to be able to apply for a GM position if one could work from home, but with the tools at their disposal I don't see them consulting out GM's...they'd have to be watched VERY closely.

S

sapphirediablo11

MUHAHAHAH!!!! Fear puny shards for a new EM is amist Muhahaha!!! sadly it isn't me, but my Brother! Darn it!!! he probly stole my story grr!!! lol well that was a fun time of getting that rubbed into my face :| looks like i need to go back to writing children novels :(

S

sapphirediablo11

they sent out emails to those that are now EMs?
Maybe... my bro is an arse sometimes, but he did sound really excited about being able to finaly help people without losing in the end :O but i am not sure how he knows, i will call him and ask but no idea :\ just made me feel bad that i lost to him :\ probly has better times then i have, since i'm a busy person :(

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yea cause Mesanna said this

Happy Holidays to all!

Mesanna
so i was waiting for the list of chosen people to be posted here

S

sapphirediablo11

Lol he is busy on the phone still :| hrmmm

Well i do believe that he has either been selected or gone mad... i will keep trying to get at him :| if he lied i will burn him on a stick!!!

S

sapphirediablo11

I bet the list will be up before Friday 2PM eastrn bettin 200 gold coins and one cooked bird!!!

S

sapphirediablo11

A bit to riskey for people... okay just the 200 gold coins but they have to be on the shard of my choice hehe :p

S

sapphirediablo11

I offer 2 ranks in Honor, and sac, aswell as 50 silver and 195 gold and 5 copper :O winner picks up

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*scrolls down through page*

sapphirediablo11, I sure hope there are no arachnophobes trying to read this thread :)

T

Trevelyan

*scrolls down through page*

sapphirediablo11, I sure hope there are no arachnophobes trying to read this thread :)
Had that on TV a while ago - news article on people's fears and up pops a giant house spider. Thought about complaining to the BBC about it but figured "whats the point".

Sicarii was kind of horrific to look at, though the jaggies in the graphic made it a bit less intimidating.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had that on TV a while ago - news article on people's fears and up pops a giant house spider. Thought about complaining to the BBC about it but figured "whats the point".

Sicarii was kind of horrific to look at, though the jaggies in the graphic made it a bit less intimidating.
You must hate 3d games.

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The list will be posted when they are ready to post it.
Have patience.
I bet the list will be up before Friday 2PM eastrn bettin 200 gold coins and one cooked bird!!!
I'd put money on it that... if there is a list that it would only list their EM names, not names that any of us in the UO community would know their characters as. Staff is not supposed to let players know the names of staff's private characters... this would like be true for EMs too. It is possible that EMs may not be able to publicly acknowledge that they are EMs.

All depends on the contract.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember, this is a holiday weekend.
So in all honesty, the first word any of us would be getting as to a list would be Monday. It takes time to process paperwork and such.
And yeah, I expect those that do get picked would be listed as their EM names, not their player name or stratics name. =]

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
MUHAHAHAH!!!! Fear puny shards for a new EM is amist Muhahaha!!! sadly it isn't me, but my Brother! Darn it!!! he probly stole my story grr!!! lol well that was a fun time of getting that rubbed into my face :| looks like i need to go back to writing children novels :(
You are not doing your brother or the EM program any service by yapping about it. EM's are not supposed to tell anyone about their identity.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are not doing your brother or the EM program any service by yapping about it. EM's are not supposed to tell anyone about their identity.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

And Mesanna I cannot stress enough how important it is for you to tell is if they are from the region or not, I don't want to wake up at 2am to do an event... or have a complete lagger for an EM.