• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dragons Buffed on Test?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Could it be we can already have one of these greater Dragons tamed in our stable or will we have to go find us a new one?

[/ QUOTE ]They're spawning as new dragons, still called "a dragon" though.

[/ QUOTE ]

And what of the White Wyrm? Will they also spawn larger, stronger versions as well?

I

imported_Duku

Dragon is a dragon: noone beast in Sosaria should be stronger IMHO ^^

I like those

G

Bah, hope they change existing WWs if they do. My Hades is a 7xGM WW and was one of the earliest WWs tamed, i hunted with him ALOT and he survived through everything (Including the dreaded Terathan Keep and Ophidian Lair) until they came out with Bonding. He is quite possibly the oldest WW on Napa, if not UO. He does not eat gold, has high end Stats/Resists, and still does Frost Breath every now and then. Hades won 1st place in Napa Valley's WW Tournament awhile back. When teamed with my Legacy Pure Mare (Old Pure Long Mane Mare that was worth several Mill back when Pures stopped spawning), Apollo, they absolutey rip through most things. With Hades tanking, they can easily kill a wild Cu Sidhe in the Twisted Weald.

G

The "Super Dragons" will probably be able to get to 90% in the skills above GM before they were tamed. So if you lore a "Super Dragon" before taming it, look at the skills that are above GM, and take 10% off of it, that's the cap they can reach after Taming. I think they should be called "Great Wyrms" instead of "Super Dragons".

I

imported_Sarphus

<blockquote><hr>

Bah, hope they change existing WWs if they do. My Hades is a 7xGM WW and was one of the earliest WWs tamed, i hunted with him ALOT and he survived through everything (Including the dreaded Terathan Keep and Ophidian Lair) until they came out with Bonding. He is quite possibly the oldest WW on Napa, if not UO. He does not eat gold, has high end Stats/Resists, and still does Frost Breath every now and then. Hades won 1st place in Napa Valley's WW Tournament awhile back. When teamed with my Legacy Pure Mare (Old Pure Long Mane Mare that was worth several Mill back when Pures stopped spawning), Apollo, they absolutey rip through most things. With Hades tanking, they can easily kill a wild Cu Sidhe in the Twisted Weald.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to see buffed WW's too, but if they made the changes reflect on existing WW, a 7x GM WW wouldn't be a good one... The skills are one of the things that makes these super dragons good. Also, If they buffed your WW up, they would have to up the control slot requirements. That wouldn't work very well either because some players would have their WW out of the stable along with a 2 slot pet and they would effectively be controlling 7 control slots worth of pet.

The only reasonable way to do changes like this is to make the change to newly spawning creatures.

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just found out about these guys tonight, and I have to admit I haven't been this excited about something in UO since I discovered IDOCing lol. Me and a guildie spent a good couple hours running around TC1 first killing the super draggies then having a crack at taming them - fun times with 300+ ping, I can tell you! I knew they were going to be fun when I was revealed - unmoving (GM hiding, 120 stealth) as a 1700hp behemoth flew over me.

Thank you, Devs. I hope and pray that these puppies make it to production shards. I love the limited spawn numbers amongst normal dragons, I love the fact that unless you lore one you don't know the difference between 400-odd hp and 1500 until it hits you, I love the skills above GM and the way they'll tele onto you after a firebreath just as you try to run away and cast a heal... and I haven't even scored a successful tame for myself yet. Great fun. Just... fantastic.

*happy tamer*