• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

DRACONI YOU ARE THE MAN

G

Now to blow up the thousands of ownerless houses that've been around longer than trammel... Just gimme some Sticks of Dynamite, or some C4 for Valentines Day and I'll do it! ^^

G

"But Im the oldest smith/tailor on napa."
I don't know about that, i gotta say the oldest smith i've met is a former S/S guildmate, Taco Bell.

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

Dude seriously. You can't have it both ways. Either it's suspicious that they can finally catch scripters, or they are inept for not being able to catch them untill now? Make up your mind on which aspect of this you are going to gripe about and stick to it. BTW for someone with a 110 month account, just from reading this thread it doesn't seem like you know an awful lot about UO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kinda sad how u just try to nit pick about the stupidest things, not got much more to do with life?*shrugs*

I

imported_ParadoxUO

Looks like we Have a hint of whats to come from Chrissay:

"The live event is actually going to be a Scavenger Hunt!!!

We will be doing the first one on Origin 02/12/2007 (tomorrow) at 6pm EST / 3pm PST.

The location will be at the new park next to the falls of Yew.

Once, I have the schedule for the other shards it will be posted.

Chrissay"

Was this the scavenger hunt... and Draconi just won?

HAR! HAR!

G

Wow thats sooooo sweet!!! ohhhhhh sooooo sweeeeet!!!

1-0 to the devs !!! and the true UO players!!!

**Take that ** u scripting losers!!!

Keep up the good work devs !!! and burn ALL the scum out of there dens of doom and deceit.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Now to blow up the thousands of ownerless houses that've been around longer than trammel... Just gimme some Sticks of Dynamite, or some C4 for Valentines Day and I'll do it! ^^

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget ghosthouses on Siege. Players should be forced to refresh their houses at least once a months.

G

Well done! This is definitely a good step in the right direction. I'd be interested in a rough estimate in how much gold/resources were removed with the banning of this person and the destruction of his homes.

B

BlackBetty

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

This is public domain - its on UTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1llXeTZG9T0

This is the guy. Look at all the UO screenshots. Wonder if he's still going to build his second house.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, UOTreasures is down but what about this one:
Bob's other site

uotreasures.com is down, surprise, surprise. Assuming it was him.

Edit: spoke too soon. It's still up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, UOTreasures is down but what about this one:
Bob's other site
And another...

Looks like another game is his focus as well.

And a quote from an exerp here: More about Bob
Of the people profiled here, West Virginian Kiblinger comes off as the most likable. It's implied Kiblinger derives a six figure income off his online bartering, and that he has $15k tied up in "online inventory" at any given moment, but all of that could disappear at any given moment. For some reason though, Electronic Arts has chosen not to go after [...], unlike what happened between Mythic Entertainment and Blacksnow Interactive.

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

Well done! This is definitely a good step in the right direction. I'd be interested in a rough estimate in how much gold/resources were removed with the banning of this person and the destruction of his homes.

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy had ingot and boards in the millions. Not millions of gold, millions of each commodity.

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy had ingot and boards in the millions. Not millions of gold, millions of each commodity.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to sound the cynic here, but I bet they don't have all his homes yet, just the vendor homes and he still has stuff stockpiled elsewhere.

D

Dank

YAY! Finally some love from EA... we are not the red headed step child. Rock on DRACONI our pyro maniacal hero.

K

kennykilleduo

Please dont forget the other team members , they need love also....

277 replies
in less than 24 hours = priceless...

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*loves a 3am brainwave*

Every shard's Luna should have a statue erected in some rather notable place (something like the one in Brit from the invasion), perhaps a giant brazier or something equally burney (hehe, burney, I made up a word!) with one of those fun little effigies inside it, and a plaque underneath reading "Beware the Wrath of the Virtues".

Me &lt;3 smug reminders

A

Aboo

<blockquote><hr>

we are not the red headed step child

[/ QUOTE ]Ummmm, I really am a red-headed step child as is my sister Devil_Woman.

Anyway - Great Job!!! I logged onto LS to take screen shots of one of the houses burning there. Look forward to seeing more!

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope the festivities continue today!! Do we have an aye?

G

Too bad we don't have marshmellows to go with our new chocolate! We could make s'mores over the open flames!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Don't forget ghosthouses on Siege. Players should be forced to refresh their houses at least once a months.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please think before posting something like this again, Freja. EA is a U.S. company with many of its subscribers including my husband active duty military, with being active duty, means spending months in either Afghanistan or Iraq where playing is simply not an option but these folks pay for their accounts. These people would be punished for serving their country if their houses just went poof. It would be VERY un-American, and the reprisals would be very detrimental to EA's bottom line.

-- Dola, since I can't remember my darn password

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RTLFC

There's still a lot more work to be done with regard to stopping the cheaters in the game, but with this and news that the plots won't open until there's something done about house placement scripting, I'm feeling a lot better about things, and want to give some major kudos for this particular action.

I hope that in-game actions CONTINUE to be like this.

Usually when something happens, a few houses disappear, we hear about it here, and out on the login news, but there's nothing that catches anyone's attention.

THIS caught people's attention. Even those blissfully aware of what was going on were standing around looking, wondering what went on. The word WILL start to travel that there are serious, tangible, visible consequences that cheating will be dealt with. Harshly.

I've been a bit down on EA lately because of 2007, but this... this brings me some great hope for 2008!

Great job, guys!!!

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]No, no they shouldn't. They're paying their money each month just the same as you. If they choose to pay and not play for a year, that should be their right. They're still an active, paying customer.

Now, I'm not sure if you've still got a 90-day period for housing if you don't pay the account, and that I think should be lessened, or at very least set up so that if it's an inactive account, the house just can't be used, at all.

But a paid for account should never risk losing something just because they haven't logged in.

A

Aboo

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Why should they be treated differently than any other paid subscriber?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]No, no they shouldn't. They're paying their money each month just the same as you. If they choose to pay and not play for a year, that should be their right. They're still an active, paying customer.

Now, I'm not sure if you've still got a 90-day period for housing if you don't pay the account, and that I think should be lessened, or at very least set up so that if it's an inactive account, the house just can't be used, at all.

But a paid for account should never risk losing something just because they haven't logged in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed why should one lose something just cause life doesn't allow them to log into a game. If your paying and not cheating, why be punished?

Makes little sense.

D

Dank

Ummmm, I really am a red-headed step child as is my sister Devil_Woman.

Please do not take offence to my "red-headed step child" analogy as I certainly have a profound aesthetic appreciation for "red headed sisters"

P

Paris_Hilton

<blockquote><hr>

RTLFC

Since nobody's done it yet, I wanted to go ahead a toss up a pic of the action on Pacific... North side of Luna...

Enjoy!

-=\E

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a hard time remembering what the vendors looked like at this location, partly because I have been playing Wow for months and I think partly because it was fairly recently set up.

Other Luna City houses with vendors selling Bkits for 2.6 mill (16-20 kits arranged exactly the same way on the vendor) still stand but the Bkits are gone, not sure if the owner snagged them first, if they were sold for 2.6 mill each or if Draconi and team's investigations managed to catch up to them and delete them. Of course some other cheater may own the cheap multiple Bkits.

I have to say that WoW got shut down extra quicklike today (it wouldn't go away quickly however, it didn't want to respond so I had to "End Now" it, lol) when I saw this thread and the first screenshot of a burning Luna City vendor.

I have to agree with others who say these plots should remain unused for player housing, either turn them into parks, npc buildings or monuments to the extermination of cheaters in UO.

I will say I am amazed but so far I am only partially...

I m p r e _ _ _ _.

I hope you guys (and girls) keep up the good work! That applies to UO players who helped make this happen as well as to EA/Mythic employees.

S

Sorcon Gartius

It appears that the broker whom we thought those houses belonged to is back in business today. Hmmm..

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RTLFC

So does anyone know why exactly the houses went boom? I mean we know they are bad people, but dupers or scripters? etc etc?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Please think before posting something like this again, Freja. EA is a U.S. company with many of its subscribers including my husband active duty military, with being active duty, means spending months in either Afghanistan or Iraq where playing is simply not an option but these folks pay for their accounts. These people would be punished for serving their country if their houses just went poof. It would be VERY un-American, and the reprisals would be very detrimental to EA's bottom line.

-- Dola, since I can't remember my darn password

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is a VERY large percentage of houses in UO are NOT being paid for in any way shape or form, theres been over half a dozen bugs keeping houses up that shouldn't be as well as exploits people have used to get extra houses or houses that never decay after the accounts have closed.

Besisdes couldn't you refresh his houses? It wasn't "un-American" when houses had to be refreshed before. Having to pay upkeep on your houses is VERY American its called property taxes. : /

P

Prae Mofo

I've been sick and work as been killing me....I log on and see this. I now feel MUCH MUCH MUCH better! DRACONI YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!!! GOD I LOVE TO SEE THIS!

BEWARE SCRIPTERS!!!!! THE DAY OF RECKONING IS HERE!!!!! SO RUN YOU CUR!!!!!!! TELL ALL THE OTHER CURS THE LAW IS COMING!!!! YOU TELL THEM DRACONI IS COMMING!!!!! AND HE"S BRINGING MATCHES WITH HIM!!!!!!!!!!! HE"S BRINGING MATCHES WITH HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*insane crackle* GOD I LOVE IT!

N

N A T A R O O

Whoa whoa whoa... now this is several pages is back... but this attitude is spread throughout UO and.. believe it or not... ruins the PVP just as much as it may ruin your mining.

The assumption of scritpers, cheaters, and the like. Just because a vendor has stacked flecther's kits does not make them a scripter, hacker or cheater. I for one, made an investment in this upcoming patch and bought out every vendor I could find selling runics at a good price. I now have 35 or so barbed kits, 2 flecthers (I thought fletchers were getting buffed as well), 2 aggys, a verite and a val hammer. I fully intend on selling them as quickly as possible to make a profit... so when I put more than one barbed kit a week on my vendor, does that mean I'm going to have people chasing me around calling me a scripter and hoping I burn to the ground? People are mighty damn quick to point the finger.

The whole cheating thing really does suck for everyone. I fully agree with you there. But people need to chill out with their accusations and IMO there should not only be a punishment for cheating, but also one for false accusations and downright harassment.

I play a red and I pvp. Day in and day out I am called a hacker and a cheat by damn near any blue within range... and it's extremely contageious. The fun part is - I don't outrun these players, I don't outcast them, I don't have some insane suit or weapons, or any special abilities that any other play does not have.... there basis for me being a cheater is based solely on their inability to kill me. So - I have 15 blues at the gate all hearing one person call any red in sight a cheater who then feverishly press their GM call buttons and chase me (or any other red for that matter) around everywhere we go in Fel CONSTANTLY harassing us about cheating (which I do not do). I've had many friends jailed, banned, etc on accusation alone.. so I need to worry about being banned for something I did not do because a conc blow is not the downfall of me? And its' not like I can mute that one person because it literally spreads to any blue at the gate. Removing myself from the situation means not playing uo. Paging a GM for harassment does jack.

But now... now! I have to worry about my houses burning and having blues chase me around because I have more than one barbed kit to sell?

P

Paris_Hilton

<blockquote><hr>

Whoa whoa whoa... now this is several pages is back... but this attitude is spread throughout UO and.. believe it or not... ruins the PVP just as much as it may ruin your mining.

The assumption of scritpers, cheaters, and the like. Just because a vendor has stacked flecther's kits does not make them a scripter, hacker or cheater. I for one, made an investment in this upcoming patch and bought out every vendor I could find selling runics at a good price. I now have 35 or so barbed kits, 2 flecthers (I thought fletchers were getting buffed as well), 2 aggys, a verite and a val hammer. I fully intend on selling them as quickly as possible to make a profit... so when I put more than one barbed kit a week on my vendor, does that mean I'm going to have people chasing me around calling me a scripter and hoping I burn to the ground? People are mighty damn quick to point the finger.

The whole cheating thing really does suck for everyone. I fully agree with you there. But people need to chill out with their accusations and IMO there should not only be a punishment for cheating, but also one for false accusations and downright harassment.

I play a red and I pvp. Day in and day out I am called a hacker and a cheat by damn near any blue within range... and it's extremely contageious. The fun part is - I don't outrun these players, I don't outcast them, I don't have some insane suit or weapons, or any special abilities that any other play does not have.... there basis for me being a cheater is based solely on their inability to kill me. So - I have 15 blues at the gate all hearing one person call any red in sight a cheater who then feverishly press their GM call buttons and chase me (or any other red for that matter) around everywhere we go in Fel CONSTANTLY harassing us about cheating (which I do not do). I've had many friends jailed, banned, etc on accusation alone.. so I need to worry about being banned for something I did not do because a conc blow is not the downfall of me? And its' not like I can mute that one person because it literally spreads to any blue at the gate. Removing myself from the situation means not playing uo. Paging a GM for harassment does jack.

But now... now! I have to worry about my houses burning and having blues chase me around because I have more than one barbed kit to sell?

[/ QUOTE ]

When we see 2 separate Bkit vendors at 2 separate luna city houses both selling 20 Bkits arranged in fours exactly the same way (2.6 mill sale price at both) and we WILL get suspicious, sure.

I think that is justified.

We SHOULD report that, it SHOULD be investigated by EA employees and if the seller is NOT cheating then he has no need to worry.

M

MidnightCosmos

Our site was down briefly on Tuesday night because we tried to install a curl script for SEO and it conflicted on our cpanel. Only certain people were affected and this has been fixed now. We do not exploit and do not buy from exploiters. NEVER HAVE. If you're going to post all of these half-truths and lies, at least have the decency to post the link to our site. Thanks.

Bob
UOtreasures.com

N

N A T A R O O

Suspicion is fine and completely understandable. All out accusation is not. I do not appreciate or enjoy being constantly harassed about being a "hacker" or "cheater" because I can out pvp the worst pvp guild on the shard. I do not appreciate being paged on everytime I kill one of them. I do not appreciate the GM's banning my friends based solely on these accusations (because if they were in fact INVESTIGATED.. they would not have been banned). I do not appreciate absolutely NO help froma GM on the harassment - not even a warning to the other parties... and yet if you type LOL too many times when they die, you can (and have had it happen to guildmates) be paged on and suspended for harassing THEM.

I bought a ton of kits, that I fully intend to sell outright. My money came from Rubble and Powerscrolls, before anyone accuses me of cheating to buy them. I would hope that with every page a GM recieves that the person is actually investigated...but do I know that it happens before jail/suspension/banning? Nope.

My point is, people have gotten awfully comfortable with paging and accusing others of cheating/hacking/scripting... and the GMs are getting more responsive. The fine line is in fact its investigation. I'm sick of hearing every blue and trammy in sight calling every red or wealthy person a cheater. That ruins the game for me, shouldn't that be just as wrong? The harassment?

R

Redrum1

Draconi, this is great. But I am glad to see the pic of Pacific because it already looks like they are back in bussiness. I just was gated to a NEW bod vendor that looked ALOT like the one that was there and had a TON of bods that are still being set up. But that being said, Thank you for doing this. If even one person stops cheating it will be worth it. Nice job!

J

jagarr

<blockquote><hr>

My point is, people have gotten awfully comfortable with paging and accusing others of cheating/hacking/scripting... and the GMs are getting more responsive. The fine line is in fact its investigation. I'm sick of hearing every blue and trammy in sight calling every red or wealthy person a cheater. That ruins the game for me, shouldn't that be just as wrong? The harassment?

[/ QUOTE ]

have-not syndrome.

best bet is to carry out your business in private as much as possible. have-not syndrome plagues MMOs as much as it plagues real life.

R

Redrum1

Imagin if all the complaints were made public and some were wrong. How long would this game be in bussiness? Or any game for that matter. What this is showing is that Ultima is investigating and taking the issues seriously and it is giving us a generic responce to cover themselves from litigation. Again, good job and " Burn baby Burn" !