• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

DRACONI YOU ARE THE MAN

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

It's one of the risks you take when you vow never to use a smiley again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have tried, but sometimes you just know that the people you are talking to will never get it and will henceforth hate you for all eternity unless you make yourself very clear.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Noxin you freaked me out! I was like...NOXIN??? NO WAY...*glares* you are SO dead! *laughs*

G

I love the little vision in my head of people desperately trying to clean their house of loot before it blows up from underneath them,

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
More tidbits from the HoC

*Demonous* will players be able to place houses over burnt down ones?

&lt;Supreem-EA&gt; NOOO THEY WILL BURN FOREVER!

&lt;Draconi&gt; Well, as soon as we're done sowing salt into the earth so that nothing may ever grow again...
&lt;Supreem-EA&gt; oh right

&lt;Draconi&gt; So! You won't be able to place on top of these houses until the next publish, which will roll in fixes for house scripting exploits. We want you to have a fair shot at the nice spots

S

Sir Ha-ward

RTLFC. Since duping doesnt happen nearly as much on Siege, I was wondering how do people know an item is duped, and when an innocent person buys a duped item does it function the same as a normal item?

I

imported_infiniti

<blockquote><hr>

I love the little vision in my head of people desperately trying to clean their house of loot before it blows up from underneath them,

[/ QUOTE ]

I always had people saying your such a bad person, going back years here to the glorious days of RP heheh, but seems your pretty safe, not seen your shop on fire yet!

G

<blockquote><hr>

&lt;Draconi&gt; ...the next publish, which will roll in fixes for house scripting exploits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that is interesting.

I

imported_Loquacious Wrath

<blockquote><hr>

&lt;Draconi&gt; So! You won't be able to place on top of these houses until the next publish, which will roll in fixes for house scripting exploits. We want you to have a fair shot at the nice spots

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent News! I was hoping for this.

No crying please when the house scripting fix comes.

I

imported_Lariat

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I know a certain 'man' that's not gonna be too happy about this!

C

Connor_Graham

I just hope they have some GM's do some Detect Hidden for the hidden script placers that are probably going to be in place at every location by tomorrow, logged in non stop until that next publish rolls around.

I

imported_bioras

I love the V day content. I enjoyed the Mag event. Been having fun in Doom. But this....has got to be the best thing I have seen in this game for years.
People are actually camping some in hopes to see them go.

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

the next publish, which will roll in fixes for house scripting exploits.

[/ QUOTE ]

House scripting ?

I

imported_zeroshade

<blockquote><hr>

In luna on napa valley shard Draconi burned a scripters house down to the ground in front of my very eyes LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

You should leave this plot the way it is as a reminder... That is with the debris and the Effigy of a traitor statue

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They've already said "next publish" in the context of the HOC, means the publish AFTER the current, Valentine's Day, one, as Technically the current publish is already underway on Origin.

G

<blockquote><hr>

House scripting ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting times, eh? *smiles*

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I"ve just got 1 thing to say to you Mr Draconi............"Mmmmmmmmmm......crow"

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

I know the owners just sitting back and laughing. How many years? How much $$$ would have been made? If I were in that possition, I wouldn't be upset, I would be laughing my head off.

[/ QUOTE ]Arrrrr, 'cept if they done got complacent and begun to count on their UO cash cow!

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

I know a certain 'man' that's not gonna be too happy about this!

[/ QUOTE ]Arrrrr, make the riff-raf walk the plank!!!

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
wow hope he utubed a few of them blowing up and jail conversations with owners of said houses !!!!!!!!!!!!

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

They've already said "next publish" in the context of the HOC, means the publish AFTER the current, Valentine's Day, one, as Technically the current publish is already underway on Origin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I understood that. I just know that the script placers will be sitting there waiting already, script running waiting for the plot to clear. If the same person gets all or a large number of the plots, they should all be blown up again. It's ridiculous that a single person has posession of every empty Luna plot that comes open. There's no way possible to be able to do that without cheating to do it in one way or another. What would be awesome would be to have an in game raffle, one ticket per account, then have the numbers drawn in a live event simulcast on every shard for the winners.

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

"Come on Pookie lets burn this Mutha F#### down!" - A Burger Shack Employee

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Connor I think you missed the part were he said AFTER they put in fixes for the House Placing script exploit....the house placing scriptors can sit there all day....they are fixing that.

B

bordegan

There are a few more scripters that haven't been touched as far as I know...hope they are included on Draconi's quest for arson!

F

five oclock

Question. The buring is only going on in Luna Right??

I haven't seen anywhere else is why..

G

LS

I got there and this happened.

Coincidently I had just asked "So when's it go boom?"

C

Connor_Graham

I really didn't know what they'd meant by that. They just said "house scripters", so wasn't sure if they meant the placement scripters, water barrel scripters, or what specifically.

I

imported_bioras

Would be more fun if the scripters chars could be lined up in front of the house.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
One house on North Jhelom, Lake Austin, that was a Resource storehouse and Vendor site for the owner of the majority of the BOD houses blowing up, went up about a minute after his Luna house. If you want to see it, it is north of the right Corral (the empty one that has one of the Griselda the Hag Imp map locations in it), in the jungle. See Tycolby's post, at around the 100th or so reply in this thread, referring to the person's "Resource House". Ty Posted a pic of the ruins of that North Jhelom site.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
*laughs*

Well that one on Origin finally went! YAY!!

*runs around lookin' for more*

B

bordegan

<blockquote><hr>

What would be awesome would be to have an in game raffle, one ticket per account, then have the numbers drawn in a live event simulcast on every shard for the winners.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this would be a great idea! Mainly all houses 15x15+ and all luna houses!

Almost like the castle event but instead a reward for staying legit!

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

I hope it is some sort of multi purpose anti scripting code. *nods*

[/ QUOTE ]

I do too. That would even help me out. My next door neighbor replaced his plot, and when he did it opened up one more tile that I could take advantage of by replacing my own, but I'm afraid to do it and end up with some jackass placing in my plot.

G

Took a nap, woke up to ICQs saying a house blew up on Luna in Napa, went and checked it out, i saw that a house that had BUTTLOADS of resources/Bods was missing it's vendors, i had posted a screenshot of it in an earlier thread, as i was sitting there checking this thread, Draconi came along and blew it up. Here's the screenshots.

Before

Middle

BOOM!

S

Sir Ha-ward

I like how everyone is sitting there ahead of time waiting for it to go boom. Its like everyone on the shard already knew whose house it was, youd think with that many people knowing ea woulda done something about it sooner, either way, kudos to draconi for doing this

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That is the EXACT same set-up that this house has...er...had *grins*

G

First of several taken... though I have to tweak them due to size issues with the host I'm using

baxcir

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do these things happen when I'm at work and can't break out the marshmallows?

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome job Draconi!!

We've needed to see this very badly....Now please keep going and get some more of the rest of them...

G

Aye, this is a pretty exciting display of commitment to our game. It bodes well for the future. If some other methods of cheating are addressed then word will spread...

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*And a roar was heard throughout the lands*

Inocard for the win!

*drops to a deep curtsy*

Thank you Draconi!