• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Devs Please Fix this Oversight Pets Gone Wild!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If I was guaranteed to not lose my pet if I put consume damage on then went AFK (or just used a triton/lion/cu sidhe/sabre tooth/triceratops with healing), I personally would be a lot more likely to farm/train AFK. So this additional unnecessary safety net would be encouraging AFK play.

Was already suggested that instead of going wild it would simply go inactive... in other words stand there and die... wander off and stand in a corner doing nothing at all... instead... which would keep you from AFK harvesting...

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
If I was guaranteed to not lose my pet if I put consume damage on then went AFK (or just used a triton/lion/cu sidhe/sabre tooth/triceratops with healing), I personally would be a lot more likely to farm/train AFK. So this additional unnecessary safety net would be encouraging AFK play.
Yes but they can "expire" or stop the masteries and consume included at the moment pet goes wild, plus the masteries are not going to do anything for the tamer is the pet is AUTO-STABLED. A much better alternative. That would definitely stop the farming, the spawn would also likely overtake the tamer in that event of auto-stabling. Really, you have a point, but auto-stabling would take care of this issue, and seems to be the most economical way to deal with this in terms of coding and implementation. First disable the "wild" in the pet properties, and also implement auto-stable simultaneously. Can we all agree on this? Instead of the dreadful risk of "wild"?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Any opinions on this AUTO-STABLE idea from @Khaelor @Pawain @Donavon and anyone else would be greatly appreciated. Please feel free to weigh in any thoughts. Greatly appreciated. The Devs have listened to us in the past about ideas during the period immediately after the Pet revamp, and fixed lots of mayhem that happened then, and there is a chance they may do so at this time as well. But someone who is able to talk reason with them needs to do that, and I think we have one person at least who's opinions they listen to, and we all know I think who that is, if he is up for that and if he is willing to help with this. He is also not posting a lot recently, possibly busy with RL.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since you only have opinions and do not read what people are asking for. He asked for the pet to stand stationary and not fight when it is unhappy. So you go ahead and afk farm with a pet that is dead or standing still.

:dunce:

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don't think you're all understanding.

People would afk if there was no risk of their pet going wild,

If the pet goes inactive and you die, and the pet die, it's not a risk, because you just res up and res your pet. That's not a risk.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think you're all understanding.

People would risk going afk if there was no risk of their pet going wild,

If the pet goes inactive and you die, and the pet die, it's not a risk, because you just res up and res your pet. That's not a risk.
If you are afk how are you ressing your pet. Seriously are you just an idiot? Do you play UO?

Players do not lose pets by afk farming because they do not give them commands. :dunce: They lose them on uneven terrain while actively playing.

I have yet to see a post where someone said, I was afk and came back and my pet just disappeared. All the people were playing and saw it happen.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Now you're just being facetious. I will try and explain.
If i mine some spawn afk, there is currently a risk of pet going wild (by design), so i would not mine afk.
If they remove the risk of the pet going wild, I would mine afk if the only risk is death (which is nothing) when i return to the PC, i would res myself and the pet.
That is not risk though, i have lost nothing. So there is nothing to prevent me from trying to afk. So it's a bad idea. very very bad idea.
And yes players do lose pets afk farming because they do not give commands, they lose loyalty over time. As for uneven terrain, i tested it, could not find a problem. If you could find a problem with uneven terrain then okay fix that specific problem.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now you're just being facetious. I will try and explain.
If i mine some spawn afk, there is currently a risk of pet going wild (by design), so i would not mine afk.
If they remove the risk of the pet going wild, I would mine afk if the only risk is death (which is nothing) when i return to the PC, i would res myself and the pet.
That is not risk though, i have lost nothing. So there is nothing to prevent me from trying to afk. So it's a bad idea. very very bad idea.
Like I said. There is pretty much no chance a pet will go wild from afk farming. You are not giving them commands. Wake up in the AM leave a pet next to you for 12 hours. Its happiness will rarely below extremely happy. As long as you are in line of sight of your pet it does not lower loyalty.

If you go afk and your pet is somewhere else. It will lose loyalty.

You clearly do not play a tamer in UO.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
We assume the Pets Going Wild (PGW) and pets disobedience thing was installed PURPOSEFULLY years ago to curb unattended farming by tamers.
I don't know why we are disputing this, it's in the OP even, first line, my pet loses loyalty when i tell it to guard and go afk. But apparently you know more about taming than me...

I am talking about afk farming when pet is not in line of site sure. Line of site, not in line of site, it's afk farming.

Also what is strange is that you think everyone just plays in their own self interest. The pure concept that a tamer would not want something introduced that would make life easy for them but bad for the game is completely alien to you, and you would just rather believe i don't have pets.

Try caring about the game and its future, rather than your own self playstyle.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't know why we are disputing this, it's in the OP even, first line, my pet loses loyalty when i tell it to guard and go afk. But apparently you know more about taming than me...

I am talking about afk farming when pet is not in line of site sure. Line of site, not in line of site, it's afk farming.

Also what is strange is that you think everyone just plays in their own self interest. The pure concept that a tamer would not want something introduced that would make life easy for them but bad for the game is completely alien to you, and you would just rather believe i don't have pets.

Try caring about the game and its future, rather than your own self playstyle.
Sorry you are so dense. You did not see all the complaints about people afk farming in the Dojo? Pets do not go wild when in line of sight of the owner and they are not giving commands.

They go wild when They owner is giving them commands and the pet can not see the target. Or you keep spamming commands.

The current system encourages afk farming over command killing tbh.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you're saying its just an issue with line of site, then reproduce it, and submit a reproducible bug report to that effect and have the devs fix that, but like I say, i was unable to reproduce it. Maybe if you're such an experienced tamer, you could reproduce it. I look forward to watching it on YouTube.

At the end of the day, stopping pets going wild when they're not in line of site of the master, is encouraging non line of site AFKing. Where you stand behind a door so you're not attacked by the mobs.

I'm not sure calling me dense is assisting you with your point of view. I dunno, maybe i am dense then.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you're saying its just an issue with line of site, then reproduce it, and submit a reproducible bug report to that effect and have the devs fix that, but like I say, i was unable to reproduce it. Maybe if you're such an experienced tamer, you could reproduce it. I look forward to watching it on YouTube.

At the end of the day, stopping pets going wild when they're not in line of site of the master, is encouraging non line of site AFKing. Where you stand behind a door so you're not attacked by the mobs.

I'm not sure calling me dense is assisting you with your point of view. I dunno, maybe i am dense then.
You are. You do not understand how pet loyalty works. You do not want to learn. You just want to troll.

I would have wrote a bug report but I have done it before and they are not going to do anything about it.
We are trying to make a compromise. A pet just stands still instead of going wild.

Funny how no one lost pets in Deceit. But the next event that happens to be on an uneven surface, pets are going wild.

Also what idiot would afk farm behind a door? They hide right there in the room. Why do you think the mobs in the new dungeon events reveal you. Nobody was afk farming with a pet in deceit.

Like I said. Leave a pet next to you all day and nothing happens. A guy that plays daily comes on in the am and plays for a while then goes afk till night. One day he finished his morning and ran up to the luna bank and went afk. His pet got hung on the paladins and was out of his sight. His pet was rather unhappy for a long time then he came back at night. Luckily his pet did not go wild.

My point of view is making pets go wild does not deter afk farming. It only hurts players who are actively at the keyboard playing UO.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
okay after reading the various arguments, i do now somewhat agree with you and the OP. However the rarity at which this occurs doesn't make it high priority, or even medium.

Billy Butcher

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Ore Elementals used to break gear, since insurance came out insured gear can not be broken by them. Things change in game.
I think pet stabling instead of going wild is bad. They would get that as right as the AFK detector in blackthorns sending you to jail cell with poison gas when active in game. Poof pets getting auto stabled for no reason mid fight etc.

Once they started making pets require time/gold consuming items to upgrade they should have turned off pets going wild. Not to mention the days it takes to skill and level one pet.

A pet going full passive when loyalty is low seems like a good way to go. Pet can still die just not go wild...

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Looks like most people agree with change to this "wild" risk of pet loss. Especially with the new mini events that will be coming out and all that it entails. We will need to bring it up to them again in meet and greet, email to the main Dev, or other and see what response we get.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@The Black Smith

Found one. This tree highlighted is somehow above the ground. My pet can not see it.
If I were there when more things were alive, I would be telling the pet to kill it but he cant see it so each command makes him lose loyalty I was lucky it was calm when I found it.
1606717413066.png

I tell him to kill it and he can not see it. After I give the command he just sits there and gets angry at me:
1606717601236.png

So we have hills and valleys at this spawn location and trees that hover above the ground. I can shoot the tree with spells but My pet can not see it. There is no message saying that he can not see the target like there should be. So a tamer would keep trying.

Now I know why he went wild earlier. I remember trying to get him to attack a tree in a different area, then he went wild while I was trying to avoid dying myself.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Because the Target tree is in a tree... as you can see it is in the tree... therefore your pet can't reach it... if you don't have a magic casting pet you can't kill that...

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Yep..And I agree with what @Pawain is pointing out : Uneven terrain can be a death trap for pets that are receiving commands while at that location, meaning perm-death traps, like going wild then dying esp. with a strong spawn or the Boss nearby. That location is a perfect setup for this for unaware tamers, and high risk for the "wild" joke on tamers.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Was already suggested that instead of going wild it would simply go inactive... in other words stand there and die... wander off and stand in a corner doing nothing at all... instead... which would keep you from AFK harvesting...
It is an exceedingly reasonable proposal. Maybe it won't do anything if AFK tamers find a way to script around it, but at least it fixes things for honest players. If pets going wild so quickly is intentional, it's just like the devs. The names change, but the pattern of every dev team is that since they started anti-macro code in 1999, at best they don't do much for macroing and AFK playing, while they make it more difficult for active players. Why do we have a few seconds delay between turning in BODs? So that scripters couldn't rapidly turn in 50 BODs, as if that were a problem. But then all they had to do was add a few seconds delay, while it's frustrating for me to find I didn't wait long enough when turning in mine by hand.

I was never into pets until I returned late last year, and after scrolling a couple up, I can understand that an area peace/"all kill"/An Lor Xen template can't be overpowered. At the same time, tamers need some love. At minimum, pets going wild like this is ridiculous. Does a sampire char become less controllable after a bunch of whirlwinds, lest the player be an AFK scripter? All in all, between the risk of losing a pet and that pets already balk enough at simple commands, I'd much rather bring a sampire to most anything. Bringing a pet to the new Guide spawn just doesn't do comparable damage, which is absurd considering the money and training time that goes into a single pet (which doesn't have to be repeated on a sampire). About the only reason I'd bring a pet to something is if we needed a tank against a hard boss. Other than that, I'll probably do more damage with a sampire, at the least more controlled damage, and I won't have to worry about the char going wild and getting killed permanently. (Historical note as is my pattern: back in the first months of UO there were a number of characters that got corrupted. It didn't happen to me, but my first GM lost a 90-str master mage. But at least we since haven't had anything so widespread.)

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Every pet that has ever gone wild is 100% the fault of the player.

Pet loyalty isn't a bug. Current UO is easy mode enough
So when I logged in, said only "all follow me" to a happy pet in my house, and it immediately went wild, that was my fault?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So when I logged in, said only "all follow me" to a happy pet in my house, and it immediately went wild, that was my fault?
Just wait till it happens to them or more people as it will... it's a lottery eventually others will get hit with it... when they do... they will understand ... until then it's all lies... Like Covid... So far still winning that lottery.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just wait till it happens to them or more people as it will... it's a lottery eventually others will get hit with it... when they do... they will understand ... until then it's all lies... Like Covid... So far still winning that lottery.
They might never because I doubt they'll ever seriously play a tamer, but expound as if they know. I was not exaggerating when I said I'd come across that old thread by happenstance, and just a couple of days later, bam, one of my pets went wild on the first command. But even hadn't it happened to me, UO is a crazy game that's seen a lot of bugs, and I learned early on not to reflexively dismiss what people say happened to them. Players today might say there were never such things as Uzi bows, thieves snooping and multi-stealing from across the screen (I'd mention the name of the cheat program allowing that but certain elements would just love to ban me), speedhacking, or the self-res bug.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
@The Black Smith

Found one. This tree highlighted is somehow above the ground. My pet can not see it.
If I were there when more things were alive, I would be telling the pet to kill it but he cant see it so each command makes him lose loyalty I was lucky it was calm when I found it.
View attachment 114197

I tell him to kill it and he can not see it. After I give the command he just sits there and gets angry at me:
View attachment 114198

So we have hills and valleys at this spawn location and trees that hover above the ground. I can shoot the tree with spells but My pet can not see it. There is no message saying that he can not see the target like there should be. So a tamer would keep trying.

Now I know why he went wild earlier. I remember trying to get him to attack a tree in a different area, then he went wild while I was trying to avoid dying myself.
I will investigate and get the powers that be to produce an official report, so essentially you’re saying it’s an issue with line of site with the pet and the target, and NOT line of site with the pet and the owner as previously everyone had claimed...yourself included.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I will investigate, so essentially you’re saying it’s an issue with line of site with the pet and the target, and NOT line of site with the pet and the owner as previously everyone had claimed...yourself included.
Either one causes issues. I was standing next to my Triton when it went wild, and I recall telling it to attack a tree before it went wild. So, I stated that mine went wild for that reason most likely. Since I was not hovering above the ground.

Sorry you are confused so easily.

So to clarify. Your pet loses loyalty when you tell it to attack something it can not see or if you are out of line of sight of the pet or you spam commands to it. Possibly other things cause loyalty loss, if it were easy to test, the devs would fix it.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

Yawzers @Dragkarah !!! And the Earth is flat of course, and I don't care what you say but the sun revolves around the Earth!! Absolutely, yes sir! And you know, electricity does not exist cause we cannot see it. And everyone here is posting fables, just because is fun to do. Or they may have secondary gains somehow to post all this.
I think it would be a great idea to actually play UO and taming before making any comments whatsoever about taming, pets, and also UO. Also it would be awesome to read all the posts in a thread before adding opinions. However your opinion is yours and we still respect that. But of it is not based on facts and we know that pet loyalty is not a bug. Pets going wild is not 100% the fault of the player. Did you get a chance to read the posts? Any rate appreciate your input. Just try to see it a little from the eyes of tamers that have invested massive effort and gold to upgrade the pets.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well, I’ve been unable to reproduce a loyalty issue with line of site between owner and pet, but I’ll look into the issue between pet and target.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, I’ve been unable to reproduce a loyalty issue with line of site between owner and pet, but I’ll look into the issue between pet and target.
I doubt you could. You clearly have a comprehension problem. The player you PMed me about that posted a bug is using a weapon, not a spellbook. And since you are too scared to allow a reply, Do not PM me again with BS. Thank you.

Dragkarah

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Yawzers @Dragkarah !!! And the Earth is flat of course, and I don't care what you say but the sun revolves around the Earth!! Absolutely, yes sir! And you know, electricity does not exist cause we cannot see it. And everyone here is posting fables, just because is fun to do. Or they may have secondary gains somehow to post all this.
I think it would be a great idea to actually play UO and taming before making any comments whatsoever about taming, pets, and also UO. Also it would be awesome to read all the posts in a thread before adding opinions. However your opinion is yours and we still respect that. But of it is not based on facts and we know that pet loyalty is not a bug. Pets going wild is not 100% the fault of the player. Did you get a chance to read the posts? Any rate appreciate your input. Just try to see it a little from the eyes of tamers that have invested massive effort and gold to upgrade the pets.
Well... I played UO regularly from 98 to 2014. And started back about 6 months ago.

I've had a multitude of pvm and pvp tamers, dating back well before publish 16 when bonding and powerscrolls were introduced.

Pets going wild is 100% the fault of the player

Dragkarah

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Even paiwans example of a pet loosing loyalty is down to players not paying attention, and frankly... being stupid.

Hey the command didn't work the first 10 times, maybe if I spam it 50 more it will

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Even paiwans example of a pet loosing loyalty is down to players not paying attention, and frankly... being stupid.

Hey the command didn't work the first 10 times, maybe if I spam it 50 more it will
I commanded it one time then chose a diff target, it went wild. Ya so you have not played a tamer with the pet revamp so you are an expert. :dunce:

Move on to something you understand please.

Dragkarah

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I commanded it one time then chose a diff target, it went wild. Ya so you have not played a tamer with the pet revamp so you are an expert. :dunce:

Move on to something you understand please.
Let's see... my list of 120d out pets

Bane dragon x2
4 prepatch mare, 4 dif pvp builds
1 dread warehouse-pvp
4 prepatch white wyrms- 2 chiv/ai 2 chiv ap
2 krampus drakes - chiv ap
2 fire beetles - rc/ap
1 fire beetle - goo/fww
2 blue beetle- rc/ap
Triton 1 - feint
Triton 2 - CB
2x kirin - maGe mastery/ ai
4x hiryu (2 green 2 purp) 2 ai and 2 few builds
4x lessers (midnight and val) same as above
8 cus (2x ice, white, red, black)
2 mystic ai
2 sw ai
2 discord cb
2 chiv ai.

2x dimetrsaur things with 90 physical
4x Naja all fww PB
2x forested. Chiv ap

All fully 120d, all fully trained.

Don't try to say I don't play a tamer and don't know what I'm talking about. I've invested more time and gold into my pets than most people have ever made in the game.

Current tamers.
1 swords bush pvp tamer
2 mage pvp tamer
3 stacked sdi mage weaver tamer
4 provo disco mage tamer
5 sdi necro mage tamer
6 thunter tamer

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Well... I played UO regularly from 98 to 2014. And started back about 6 months ago.

I've had a multitude of pvm and pvp tamers, dating back well before publish 16 when bonding and powerscrolls were introduced.

Pets going wild is 100% the fault of the player
I appreciate your comments but I do not think you are seeing clearly what is going on, and the Pet Revamp consequences.
It used to be, as mentioned before that pets were just minor acquisitions and easily replaceable if you somehow you lost one.
You mean to tell me that you cannot see why things are different now days? You must look at all the facts. Before you lost a pet say a CuSidhe. You had emotional attachment to it, you spent time to skill it to 7x100 all gm etc, then you lost it. Not such a big deal to replace it, you went and tamed another one and chucked it off to tamer errors, bad luck, a glich a bug, etc. Life went on. Not cruel and unusual punishment for messing up then.
Now we have had a number of people with pets 1,000,000 the value and time spent on them go wild for no reason at all. Something about certain areas seems to trigger it. LOS uneven terrain areas, and also "unknown".
The posters here are not lying and have no reason to lie about their experiences.

This thinking or false statement that "Pets going wild is 100% the fault of the player" is unfounded. The original complaint on the "wild pet" is based on the experience of some of the most honest and accurate players/tamers in this game, and as mentioned before, some of these players have written the book on taming, and are absolutely accurate as to their observations. This is a unique item, and pertains only to tamers. It is a matter of big concern, not a minor issue anymore.
Unattended macroing is a crime in this game, and punishable by banning of the account involved. We do not need to punish the entire player base for it, most of us do not do this.
As mentioned before : Make the pet inactive, or even Stable the pet are better options and would prevent a pet from being perm-killed at a massive loss of the player.
Please go over all the posts and see how you can justify your statement of "Pets going wild is 100% the fault of the player".
A little fact-finding never hurt anyone.

Dragkarah

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I appreciate your comments but I do not think you are seeing clearly what is going on, and the Pet Revamp consequences.
It used to be, as mentioned before that pets were just minor acquisitions and easily replaceable if you somehow you lost one.
You mean to tell me that you cannot see why things are different now days? You must look at all the facts. Before you lost a pet say a CuSidhe. You had emotional attachment to it, you spent time to skill it to 7x100 all gm etc, then you lost it. Not such a big deal to replace it, you went and tamed another one and chucked it off to tamer errors, bad luck, a glich a bug, etc. Life went on. Not cruel and unusual punishment for messing up then.
Now we have had a number of people with pets 1,000,000 the value and time spent on them go wild for no reason at all. Something about certain areas seems to trigger it. LOS uneven terrain areas, and also "unknown".
The posters here are not lying and have no reason to lie about their experiences.

This thinking or false statement that "Pets going wild is 100% the fault of the player" is unfounded. The original complaint on the "wild pet" is based on the experience of some of the most honest and accurate players/tamers in this game, and as mentioned before, some of these players have written the book on taming, and are absolutely accurate as to their observations. This is a unique item, and pertains only to tamers. It is a matter of big concern, not a minor issue anymore.
Unattended macroing is a crime in this game, and punishable by banning of the account involved. We do not need to punish the entire player base for it, most of us do not do this.
As mentioned before : Make the pet inactive, or even Stable the pet are better options and would prevent a pet from being perm-killed at a massive loss of the player.
Please go over all the posts and see how you can justify your statement of "Pets going wild is 100% the fault of the player".
A little fact-finding never hurt anyone.
I believe that you believe what you wrote.

Its just. That you're factually wrong.

I also believe that every poster whos had it happen to them believes what they said.

I also believe, based on 15+ years of active playtime, that these players lack awareness and caused the pet to go wild via their actions without realizing what was going on.

There's a reason Bane dragons and prepatch mares pretty much never go wild for papers (because the pvp crowd is much more aware of game mechanics than the pvm crowd). And the once in a blue moon they do go wild its because the pvp toon was discorded and not paying attention

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Most of the tamers in the game are not PvP any longer. Those were the good old times. Most PvP toons have far better templates and techniques now days. Pets in PvP including Banes and PP mares have been nerfed, and very few people use them nowdays.
Also all the posters here that posted they lost pets to "wild" were not in PvP mode, pets were well fed, and if there was one LOS, it was unavoidable and terrain difference was not visible.
Also the people that lost or nearly lost pets were among some of the most experienced people in game mechanics,and specifically pet mechanics. They were not careless.
No it is not ok to lose a 1P pet to a pet loss trap in the game, or some glich, and it should only happen when the tamer decides to "release" a pet.
Again, now days is now days and it is not 15 years go. Again the value of these pets in price and effort justifies that a change in "wild should be made, and not doing so is negligence by the admins of the game.

Dragkarah

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I see plenty of pvp tamers on atl.

Yes I know these people.arent pvpers... hence me pointing out their lack of awareness.

Amazing how me and my pvper friends who have pvmd with tamers have never had this issue.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I see plenty of pvp tamers on atl.

Yes I know these people.arent pvpers... hence me pointing out their lack of awareness.

Amazing how me and my pvper friends who have pvmd with tamers have never had this issue.
So explain to us how what we want will affect your game. We want pets that fall below Rather Unhappy to sit still, not take commands and not fight. Instead of going wild.

How does that affect your game enjoyment?

Things in UO have changed for years. We have gates we have portals we have new lands. Why not make a Quality of Life change that can save a players pet that could cost Platinums?

My stable is way bigger than your rookie. :p

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Dragkarah and @The Black Smith Explain how this happened since everything is the players fault...

Dragkarah

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I understand you may not have robust critical thinking skills, but Navery functions completely independent of the taming system

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Ok then by your anology then it should be fair then for every time a player with a weapon tries to attack something he's not in a complete line of sight with or standing right next to his weapon should then be blown to bits and he has to go get a new one... and every time a spellcaster casts a spell and they aren't in direct line of sight with the mob they are attacking or they miss or whatever their spellbook should blow to smithereens... Just to be fair to tamers... I think that sounds fair enough... Yes, the Devs should code in a way for all other players to lose their weapons or spellbooks like we lose our pets randomly... and not just have it fall to the ground or anything no it should vanish from game... and be gone...

Oh and to be fair... you should have to spend 100's of millions on scrolls to scroll up your weapons and spellbooks too... you should just get to craft one and imbue it... no it should take you months to work it up so it's effective first... and then it should just randomly disappear when your trying to attack something too far away... or whatever...

And just to be fair... you can only bring ONE weapon with you to a battle... NO having every slayer imaginable on you no you can only carry one weapon at a time... ever if you have one in your Backpack you can't put another one in there...

yeah, that should be fair...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I understand you may not have robust critical thinking skills, but Navery functions completely independent of the taming system
Prove you get teled back to her after 15 mins then. Critical thinker man.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Still can't answer a simple question with your critical thinking skills?

Explain to us how what we want will affect your game. We want pets that fall below Rather Unhappy to sit still, not take commands and not fight. Instead of going wild.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I do not think you understand what @Pawain is trying to covey to you here, and you do NOT see the deeper meaning of what he states. Let me translate it for you : He knows it has nothing to do with taming, and he has written perhaps several thousand lines of text here in the Tamer Forum detailing to you how to correctly build and train pets, as you can check it yourself and we all have been extremely greatful for his work in testing taming training when the Pet Revamp was published.
What he means and is trying to point out to you is that BUGS do exist and pets gone wild is not always due to player error. As others explained to you, pets went wild for no reason at all. You just fail to see reality. It does not happen every day, or regularly. But it DOES happen, whether you believe it or not. Many trustworthy people have said so. For the Devs to try to fix these bugs the danger would be they have to dig in the spaghetti code and create even worse disasters.
There are relatively easy fixes and they have already been suggested, one of them is the "inactive" pet, and there are several others including the "autostabling pet", or Anything rather than the "wild" part.
Minimizing problems or present day issues with the game will never get these addressed. Doing anything about these is a remote possibility anyways. Arguing about the validity of facts presented will definitely not bring any kind of improvement to the game.
Fixing this would have no impact on your precious PvPing with pets also, and no negative impact to the game as a whole.
On the other hand it would improve the possibility of players that have very good pets fully scrolled and trained, for them to actually use them with no added risk of losing the pet. How hard is this to perceive?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
So what if you were AFKing? As long as you are attended, it is legal and ok. Or did you mean AFK and unattended? Would you risk getting actioned / banned on you account? Unattended AFK is bannable, and I doubt you or anyone who cares about their account would do that..

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have not yet been able to reproduce any issue with pet loyalty without a line of site between the pet and the target either.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have not yet been able to reproduce any issue with pet loyalty without a line of site between the pet and the target either.
Put your pet in Luna tell it to stay. Run away go to Brit for 6 hours. See if loyalty drops.

People banksit all day with a pet next to them, they do not fall below Extremely Happy.