• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Developer Meet and Greet February 22nd, Sonoma Shard

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damn that's a lot to take in, first of all @Larisa thanks for putting it up, I was hoping to see it somewhere.

I'm glad someone asked a couple of pvp questions.

The answer to Messana re Bane Dragons is that now everyone is scripting/macroing 3-5 joined up moves including unmount/relative wall tile (100% perfectly blocking the target with Wall of Stone every time)/teleport to target/dismount target (which after a teleport always seems to land 100%)/set bane dragon on target all in 1 move almost (or variations of) and there isn't much the target can do. Then they get ganked, with the Bane doing Lethal poison which is an issue anyway to cure and area affect which adds even more disturbance. In group pvp, when there are players on top of that, it's pretty impossible to counter, it is like being against 2 players. So for me, the answer is the massively increased macro/script usage, which is making this possible and an issue. Players across the spectrum are picking up/learning the ability to do this.

It's just too fast and too precise to counter in a group fight.

Somewhere in that chain, something needs to be broken. 1 suggestion is Wall of Stone casts like Energy Fields, and slowly appears, giving the Target a chance to still escape over the top against the ever perfectly cast Walls. 1 suggestion is setting a timer against the Unmount/Dismount ability.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw that bit, she lost it a bit lol, I think she is exasperated by the question, at the end of the day, it is 5 of them, with so many billions of questions hitting them.

I do agree they could communicate better somehow, and they have not found their way yet. I do think she phrased that unfortunately, but that happens, she is being herself, and having everything she says hyper analysed.

Going to add an Edit - because the irony of that specific question, is they are communicating right there right then, I'd have highlighted that better if I were Mesanna.

Overall, I actually thought some good questions were asked, and the responses were ok, I understood them.

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@AirFluff I stopped reading right there, Mesanna is so unprofessional, it's painful to read! She could just try telling the truth, they didn't sort out a Christmas gift because they were busy with New Legacy. They never admit when they make a mistake and frequently our producer has a very short memory about what she said or did. That part of the M&G made me cringe, unbelievable.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
why does she just quit and let someone do the job that knows how to do it, and more importantly WANTS to do it

Lord Ron Fellows

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
'm glad someone asked a couple of pvp questions.
You’re welcome. ;) Lots of very personal questions were asked and not enough broad questions. My opinion of the dev team changed a little after attending yesterday. I haven’t been to a meet and greet before but damn, it was shocking how incredibly rude people were. The dev team may not be ideal (or even close to ideal) but players not using common human courtesy while communicating isn’t going to get them very far. Hopefully I can make the next one and ask more questions relevant to large unrepresented audiences and or pvp.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You’re welcome. ;) Lots of very personal questions were asked and not enough broad questions. My opinion of the dev team changed a little after attending yesterday. I haven’t been to a meet and greet before but damn, it was shocking how incredibly rude people were. The dev team may not be ideal (or even close to ideal) but players not using common human courtesy while communicating isn’t going to get them very far. Hopefully I can make the next one and ask more questions relevant to large unrepresented audiences and or pvp.
Great comment, and thank you. :)

I always did say Council of Mages were the 2nd best faction *smiles*

Jepeth

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
You’d be surprised how often they won’t answer broad questions simply because these are complex systems which involve having part or the whole team weigh in. Before they answer sometimes they also need an understanding of past iterations of the system and that’s sometimes hard to remember in a game this old and complex. Specific questions that can be generalized out tend to get more direct answers.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Wow just wow

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
I hope they learn a lesson here not to mess with the holiday tokens. I was not happy with the Ice dungeon event and only went in support of guild mates and gave any drops away to members of the guild that were seeking items. I was unhappy with the V day as well. A clicky in Fel was IMO the worse they could have done, the clicky should have been placed in Trammel. Orion hit it on the head with his remarks. Ron was good with the PvP question, I so miss Faction and hate the VvV.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the most obvious thing is that the duchess (obviously she has nothing of a duchess ...) "Mesanna" should work for about 6 months in the fields to pick tomatoes, then we can try to ask her the same question again. If she replies like this again, another 6 months, and so on...

She evidently did not have an adequate education, this is not the answer if you have a role like hers.

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope they learn a lesson here not to mess with the holiday tokens. I was not happy with the Ice dungeon event and only went in support of guild mates and gave any drops away to members of the guild that were seeking items. I was unhappy with the V day as well. A clicky in Fel was IMO the worse they could have done, the clicky should have been placed in Trammel. Orion hit it on the head with his remarks. Ron was good with the PvP question, I so miss Faction and hate the VvV.
If they even just added the old faction system to a random shard I'd be happy and move all my chars there. Loved and miss factions so much. I fought against VvV all the way and find it to be a much worse system.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
why does she just quit and let someone do the job that knows how to do it, and more importantly WANTS to do it
If she can't handle answering players legitimate concerns then she should find someone else to do it or just stop with the M&Gs, I suspect the only reason she does them is to be feted and fussed over by her cheerleaders. When people are less than grovelling her mask slips. Kyronix would be a better choice to do them as he is less likely to fly into a rage at the slightest provocation and sometimes actually sounds like he has a clue.
I thought when she said this part it was particularly informative : 'some just want to log in and get a gift'
Well that is how it's been for 20 or so years, but those people are paying her salary, they are not getting something for nothing, they are PAYING every month and it should have been a top priority in 2020 to give everyone something to cheer them up, it was a hard year.
Instead they had to grind at an event to get something that wasn't even particularly seasonal. *shrugs* :rolleyes:

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Dara - Issue with LoS of Shadow JUMP compared to Teleport; Make a video showing exactly what you're talking about. Bandicam is free, uploading to youtube is free. This would take just a few minutes to explain clearly, and not burn resources unnecessarily.

Bane Dragon balancing - just let range weapon dragon slayers and spells work on them, should be a good start to balance

Orion: Its come up before, but why are no steps being taken to limit or prevent scripting?
Orion: Is it because you’re a) benefiting from it, b) are incompetent, or c) don’t care?

There's some easy automated systems they can put in place to tone down most scripting activities, and are easy to be managed by a few CS agents. I'm sure they are aware of them, but they'd require time to implement and then filter through bad flagging until the system is more accurate. It's probably an issue of only having 2-3 devs that can do that, and they are stretched thin.

Claudine (control F to her name if you want to save time) entire questioning was fine and a really gaping displayed flaw in communication skills by Mesanna.

Mesanna's right - stop complaining, you had to more than login to get the reward; that's not a sacrilegious notion.

Mesanna's wrong - to not address the valid concern that is directly saying "how can we communicate better together". How can you miss such an easy softball to let your player base know you care? in a less abrasive way.

Just please hire a COMMUNITY MANAGER. It's a a minimum wage job, that a retiree with PR experience would (i imagine) love to do. You need a filter, at this point Mesanna takes everything as a personal attack, and to an extent rightfully so - half the people complaining about bugs and things have no idea how the game mechanics actually work, and the other half have valid complaints that Mesanna simply can't address with 2 coders and a 20+ year client and data stream.

Samwise bringing down the hammer on some very public exploits, good. That's what you chatty cathys get, enjoy your broken toys kiddies

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any clicky they put out should be in Brit Commons imo.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just please hire a COMMUNITY MANAGER. It's a a minimum wage job, that a retiree with PR experience would (i imagine) love to do. You need a filter, at this point Mesanna takes everything as a personal attack, and to an extent rightfully so - half the people complaining about bugs and things have no idea how the game mechanics actually work, and the other half have valid complaints that Mesanna simply can't address with 2 coders and a 20+ year client and data stream.
Minimum wage and free monthly gametime code while you're employed for 10-20 or so hours per week. Wouldn't be a terrible part time gig for what it is.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Best part...

1614107125137.png

Watch what news?? I've not only been watching but I've been asking directly for the past week and nothing but crickets. We have 5 days left in the month (and today is basically over) so that leaves the news to be given possibly tomorrow at best for a Friday meeting (or Thursday)...I doubt they would do this Live Stream on a Saturday/Sunday as many players have RL things going on during the weekends.

Communication and planning at its finest.

Johnny Black

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
After what happened yesterday, I dont think they will or even if they do, they will probably not open the chat box. that was just WOW.
But I also have to agree that the communication is bad, They promised us a VVV revamp few years ago and nothing happened, they promised a new acc mgmt and nothing. It is not looking good for all the 20+ shards aout there, when they are saying that our focus will be NL only.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow just wow

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Mesanna speaks FACT here.. A lot of players liked it in Fel. You could have gotten them on each shard if you want more. Players are always shard hopping.

Why the **** should they communicate with a bunch of complainers. We should be glad that they put in some things we like and some things other players like. Those of us who log in can have fun every time.

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm sorry, when was it communicated that they planned to change things up after 20 years of doing it one way?

I don't have a problem with the change, but the lack of communication in advance, the failure to address expectations, is just amateur.

This is how you get people coming to events and just being disrespectful; you be disrespectful to them.
Not to mention that this was Sonoma, the shard that largely feels itself to be the red headed ******* step child. Justified or not, it's the perception of the shard. No attempts have every been made to understand why. I doubt her high and mightiness even knows it, considering the imperial decrees that come down.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I personally thought that this M&G went down better than most.
The players asked some very good questions for a change. The devs were able to respond to them.
Some dude who couldn't kill or steal from my NOOB toon thinks pets are OP in PvP.
It went on very long.
Told us the team is too small to catch all cheaters, scripters, and general lowlifes. You would rather have her lie?
She addressed the conspiracy theories with a mic drop. Sorry your wittle fewlings got hurt.

Mesanna: we are not looking in the other direction
Mesanna: even though some of you think we are =P

I saw a lot of communication of game info and human emotion.

Last edited:

Lord Ron Fellows

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The players asked some very good questions for a change. The devs were able to respond to them.
Some dude who couldn't kill or steal from my NOOB toon thinks pets are OP in PvP.
It went on very long.
Told us the team is too small to catch all cheaters, scripters, and general lowlifes. You would rather have her lie?
She addressed the conspiracy theories with a mic drop. Sorry your wittle fewlings got hurt.

Mesanna: we are not looking in the other direction
Mesanna: even though some of you think we are =P

I saw a lot of communication of game info and human emotion.
I don’t have a thief

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I love how she says they need a fulltime hacker to ban high profile gold sellers and cheaters like AR. Great cop out to not touch any of them at all. The "can't please them all" is just the same with zero self reflection whatsoever.

Mesanna on half a dozen "VS is broken" feedback threads: *silence*
Also Mesanna: "cAn'T pLeAsE thEm aLl"

Waiting for her to announce the video meeting one day in advance on some random channel and then complain about "can't please them all" once more. She must really hate her job.

Last edited:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mesanna speaks FACT here.. A lot of players liked it in Fel. You could have gotten them on each shard if you want more. Players are always shard hopping.

Why the **** should they communicate with a bunch of complainers. We should be glad that they put in some things we like and some things other players like. Those of us who log in can have fun every time.
What makes you think that most players even play on multiple shards? It takes 14 years to have access to free shard transfers through shard shields. Most people I met during years of gameplay didn't have shard shields at all. I couldn't care less about those gifts but had someone stolen mine, that would be it for me. Not sure why I should grab one on a random shard I don't play. Just to give your "players are always shard hopping" some perspective. I'd rather say only the powerplayers do.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've had shard shields to all the shards(except Siege and Mugen for obvious reasons) for some time now.... but I don't play on all the shards... In fact, I prefer to stay on my shard... I could care less about the other shards... the only ones who do all that crap are the ones who are doing nothing but playing for profit IMO...

Those are the ones she is concerning herself about and the others ... they don't care about the rest of us... and honestly, her disgust with us is mutual... since they obviously couldn't give 2 ****s about the rest of the player base... why should we care about their feelings? Do they care about us? NOPE...

I tried... tried for years... to get them to fix the **** that's broken... and they did fix some of it... finally... After a LOT of pressure... but I'm tired of trying... I'm tired of watching the game go to the greedy dealers... and be all about greed... I tried... I really did.

Now I've given up... obviously, they are going to cater to the crowd they are going to cater too and the rest of us can either I guess join them or give up...

It's going to be about drops who has them and who's selling them... the lucky few .... or whatever... and no longer about the principles the game was based on... if they destroyed Magincia for pride I think they should at this point blow up all of the rest of the game for greed... but that's my opinion...

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think they should at this point blow up all of the rest of the game for greed.
Starting with your house and stable :gee:

All joking aside. I do have chars on other shards that have a few GM skills (nothing too elite) because if anyone can remember back 20 years or so ago... shards would crash all the time and be down for 30-60min at a time. I literally have a few chars called "Atl is down" that I made all those years ago. Eventually I decided to pick another shard or 2 so that I could keep playing when my shard would go down.

I also have shard shields for many shards (not all maybe like 5-6) but honestly those shields are mostly full at this point (i.e. 10months without a single transfer) with 4-5 tokens for each in a box in case I get the desire. I typically don't find much use to transfer unless there are pieces I need on other shards (or if I just want VS to actually work :hahaha:)

The biggest problem with the communication for me is that there are actual issues with communication (ie. me literally asking Kyronix for over a week now about the Live Stream for this months) and then there are people that cry wolf about it where there is actually communication from Devs but those people just don't like the message (ie. lack of communication about holiday gifts....they told us "of ice" rewards were cheap "gifts" we could earn).

It's a 2-way street though, which goes for the UO Players. Too many people are too quick to jump down the Devs throat with "that's the dumbest idea ever" or "ARGHHHHH I'M GOING TO RAGE CLOSE ALL MY ACCOUNTS (but not really though)" instead of actually communicating back constructively.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They made it clear they're designing NL with scripting in mind, and admitted they cant stop scripting on prodo. Why not approve steam etc then for prodo? This area is very gray, where its officially illegal, but a large portion of players use them with no repercussions (only if you do the ultimate no no like afk scripting). I think there are many players on the fence like me, wanting to know if they should invest time in learning how to write scripts, or not.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What makes you think that most players even play on multiple shards? It takes 14 years to have access to free shard transfers through shard shields. Most people I met during years of gameplay didn't have shard shields at all. I couldn't care less about those gifts but had someone stolen mine, that would be it for me. Not sure why I should grab one on a random shard I don't play. Just to give your "players are always shard hopping" some perspective. I'd rather say only the powerplayers do.
If you played on LS, I am currently announcing what shard I am on to bring items back. Also announced the shards I will visit while we could get the Cupids. A lot of of did not quit. We have shields and help others. I'm on Oceana right now, I doubt there was a thief problem here.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They made it clear they're designing NL with scripting in mind, and admitted they cant stop scripting on prodo. Why not approve steam etc then for prodo? This area is very gray, where its officially illegal, but a large portion of players use them with no repercussions (only if you do the ultimate no no like afk scripting). I think there are many players on the fence like me, wanting to know if they should invest time in learning how to write scripts, or not.

You do not know how to skill a new toon? Maybe you should practice. Many of us will be starting NL and gaining skills very fast.
We know how to play UO. We did not know how in 97. Things will go fast no matter what era we are in.

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do agree they could communicate better somehow, and they have not found their way yet. I do think she phrased that unfortunately, but that happens, she is being herself, and having everything she says hyper analysed.
How long do they get to find their way before they’re held accountable? This stuff isn’t that hard - she could look at any number of other studios for examples on how to communicate with a player base better. She’s just more interested in making sure her backside is kissed enough instead of dealing with hard conversations like an adult.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Devs making decisions a player or group of players doesn’t like is not a personal attack to the players. I see people taking personal offense to things the devs do or don’t do and it’s cringey as hell. It’s a game with a ton of people playing it. It’s an entire world with seemingly endless systems and assets involved. You sincerely cannot please everyone.

Look at the world around you. Is everyone satisfied? No. UO is no different. There will always be things that are upsetting amongst the things that are great. Do you feel that the things that aren’t good in the world are personal attacks on you? That would be largely irrational.

So no, they don’t deserve personal attacks because you are frustrated with the game. People can voice their questions and concerns in constructive ways. If nothing happens, it’s not them ATTACKING you. People being rude isn’t going to do anything positive for anyone.

I do agree that they really need to have better communication. That’s been one of the biggest annoyances for me. A community manager to reply to people at least a few hours a week would be great.

Johnny Black

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
You cant make this or that program legal, because by doing so, you are open for legal and copywrite issues. they dont want to be responsible for this and that program, they cant barely manage what they have now.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The new shard sounds alot like a live test center for what they want to take into prodo shards. It not necessary to go through all that to find whats good to implement to prodo. Just play the game or actually listen to your playerbase. It would be so easy but she has always been stubborn and wants things her way or to be her idea or itll never happen. Thats why nothing will ever change while she is in charge

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You do not know how to skill a new toon? Maybe you should practice. Many of us will be starting NL and gaining skills very fast.
We know how to play UO. We did not know how in 97. Things will go fast no matter what era we are in.
Maybe I wrote it incorrectly, I mean why dont they allow it on prodo (I meant pvp related). Who cares about NL, I'll believe it once its live : )

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The new shard sounds alot like a live test center for what they want to take into prodo shards. It not necessary to go through all that to find whats good to implement to prodo. Just play the game or actually listen to your playerbase. It would be so easy but she has always been stubborn and wants things her way or to be her idea or itll never happen. Thats why nothing will ever change while she is in charge
Sadly they have a TC... which they could use... but wasting all this time, effort and energy on a shard that is ... temporary is IMO stupid... But whatever... no turning back now... hopefully after a few they will see the light and give it up... But I doubt it...

At any rate too late for me... at this point I've given up...

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you played on LS, I am currently announcing what shard I am on to bring items back. Also announced the shards I will visit while we could get the Cupids. A lot of of did not quit. We have shields and help others. I'm on Oceana right now, I doubt there was a thief problem here.
Well that's very nice of you and everyone doing it. I just think it only goes so far. Most people I've met on Atlantic had their hands full playing one shard and no business in any second shard at all. The assumption that everyone is playing multishard and has easy access to shard shields differs a lot from my experience. That's all.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
*sigh*

So a few years back, I wrote a small game. Nobody really knew what it was all about when I was writing it so all of the ideas implemented were my own. It worked out for the most part. It was alright, the concept worked, so I started doing updates. One of the first updates that I did, I took a lot of player feedback. The players pretty much agreed that it should work a certain way, so I coded in what the players wanted. It certainly made things easier for me because I didn't have to really make a plan, I just did what they wanted thinking it would make them happy.

Well, it didn't work out that way at all. Very much the opposite. Within a week the game was pretty much ruined and required me to wipe everything and force the players to start over. I had to re-think the update, and even then players kept telling me how to fix it. I learned an important lesson: "do what feels right to you." Players are going to want what they want. They can't often envision the big picture. You can listen to the ideas. You can even consider some of them to be good ones. You can use them to draw inspiration for your own ideas. But... Never.... Ever.... Give the players exactly what they want. Players can't make the rules, they need to learn to adapt to your rules because that is a part of what makes games fun. The lack of control. The ability to adapt.

Since then, the game I wrote has been relatively successful. I have made several updates. I never told players what new systems would be added. I kept it a surprise until I released. After release, I would talk to players to see what they thought and used the feedback to make slight changes but I still never fully implemented any change that was suggested by players and I believe that the moderate amount of success that the game had was partly due to this policy.

Perhaps my experience in this will help someone understand why the devs do what they do, because it did for me. I don't know. The only reason I'm telling you all this now is because, after almost two years of running it, I have made the decision to pull the plug on the game that I made and continue the design process for it's replacement. I understand that I have been intentionally vague and did not go into much detail but I am a mysterious guy. For those who have played and did not know my in-game persona for the last several years, you probably do now. Also, for those who know what I am talking about, those who were there in the beginning, those who donated, I want to publicly thank you for your support and encouragement. I hope that my next game development venture is as exciting as this one was and I hope to see you all there.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*sigh*

I learned an important lesson: "do what feels right to you." Players are going to want what they want. They can't often envision the big picture. You can listen to the ideas. You can even consider some of them to be good ones. You can use them to draw inspiration for your own ideas. But... Never.... Ever.... Give the players exactly what they want.
You are very much correct. The game developer should exercise their own judgement in how the game should be designed. Also right that players can have priorities that are conflicting with the good of the game at large. However, this approach (and the game) fails when the developer does not possess good judgement as to what is good for the game. Something we see time and time again with UO.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How long do they get to find their way before they’re held accountable? This stuff isn’t that hard - she could look at any number of other studios for examples on how to communicate with a player base better. She’s just more interested in making sure her backside is kissed enough instead of dealing with hard conversations like an adult.

Have you ever tried running a world-wide famed internationally renowned classic nostalgic unique incredible 23 year old game like Ultima Online with 5 people? I don't know the reasons they are only allowed that many, it seems UO is raking in the money for some people, and being treated like a Cash Cow - maybe we should be angry with the higher ups, or the people piggybacking off their work? You can hardly run a decent business with 5 people, with all the different tasks that have to be done. Ok, communication with toxic hoards may not be her thing, so what?

Until you have done that successfully, I would really suggest all the Toxic people here just shut up. You are ruining the game for a lot of players with your pancakes and moaning, and sucking the life out of the Devs themselves.

For you all.

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
They can't do anything about scripting 24/7 yet almost every free shard out there has some mechanism to prevent just that. So either they don't want to stop it or they have no idea how to implement the simple software devices used by free shards. If they had added these instead of changing ore/wood to random spots then everyone would be happy. Of course it's easier to just whine every time 'there's nothing we can do' well that's true if you never bother to try anything.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They can't do anything about scripting 24/7 yet almost every free shard out there has some mechanism to prevent just that. So either they don't want to stop it or they have no idea how to implement the simple software devices used by free shards. If they had added these instead of changing ore/wood to random spots then everyone would be happy. Of course it's easier to just whine every time 'there's nothing we can do' well that's true if you never bother to try anything.
Going to completely disagree with you, as I find myself doing on most things you say.

When you say everyone would be happy, you usually mean a couple of self entitled little Trammies, who don't really play the game anymore, or just want everything given to them - see Valentines Day gift as example.

Have you seen how many players there are out there? Have you noticed that a huge percentage of them are technically doing something illegal in 1 form or another?

It is basically just an impossible task for 5 people, they could all get sucked into it and then achieve nothing.

You make a lot of negative assumptions about them, which quite frankly just seem to be plain wrong. They clearly care, as you can clearly see from her reaction, yet you just don't want to see it, you would rather jump to false assumptions and pancake all day long.

dancingrocks

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
Our top story today.

Broadsword producer, Mesanna is turning heads with her impressive performance of speaking and intelligence at her recent Meet & Greet on Sonoma.

Hosted by the three hard working members dev team.

dancingrocks

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
This just in.

Broadsword producer Mesanna provides cutting edge information at Sonoma Meet & Greet, taking the world by storm. Additional technologies are expected to be announced via Video Conferencing within coming days.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@TB Cookie [W] Your posts always make me laugh, thank you!

TB Cookie [W] said :
"Have you seen how many players there are out there? Have you noticed that a huge percentage of them are technically doing something illegal in 1 form or another?"

Huge percentage? I guess you are referring to PvPers, I wasn't doing anything illegal and nor were any of the people I played with, I never even used UOAssist and I have no idea how to make macros. If I saw something that was against the rules I reported it, not that it did any good.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@TB Cookie [W] Your posts always make me laugh, thank you!

TB Cookie [W] said :
"Have you seen how many players there are out there? Have you noticed that a huge percentage of them are technically doing something illegal in 1 form or another?"

Huge percentage? I guess you are referring to PvPers, I wasn't doing anything illegal and nor were any of the people I played with, I never even used UOAssist and I have no idea how to make macros. If I saw something that was against the rules I reported it, not that it did any good.
I did not mean you specifically re illegal play. But it is not just pvpers, don't stereotype like that, it is way beyond pvpers.

Pvpers are usually at the cutting edge, because their gameplay is competitive, so they are more noticeable, they pick up on it quicker, they notice it quicker. But the problem is right through the game, hidden in most cases. Does that make it any better?
IDOCers, Gatherers, Crafters, Pvmers, Questers, Character Training, RMTers etc.

The problem is genuinely huge - I know you and a lot of others would like a quick win over a couple of larger names, but
do we really know the full story? You do assume an awful lot, and always assume the negative.

And based on your use of the past tense, do you even play anymore ?!

Honestly, I often wonder what he agenda is, of so many of the people who just sit here moaning all day long.

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I played with, I never even used UOAssist and I have no idea how to make macros. If I saw something that was against the rules I reported it, not that it did any good.
I'm not trying to be a jerk here so please take this constructively. Did you ever stop to think that these two things went hand in hand? Being uninformed about game mechanics (ie macros) can make someone easily think that someone who does know game mechanics is cheating. You then report that person and the GMs take a look and see no issue.

Perfect example is this: Some people might think that someone being on foot in war mode auto mounts and rides off is cheating (how can you they be in war mode and mount so quick!!)... when in reality it's just a UOA macro. Might be common sense to some but look like cheating to others.

@Stinky Pete - Well said especially when it comes to the part on the masses seeing the big picture. Many times people will be looking at the game through their tiny little window (ie thinking of Tram EC only) and totally disregard all other aspects of what they are asking for.

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
E
Have you ever tried running a world-wide famed internationally renowned classic nostalgic unique incredible 23 year old game like Ultima Online with 5 people? I don't know the reasons they are only allowed that many, it seems UO is raking in the money for some people, and being treated like a Cash Cow - maybe we should be angry with the higher ups, or the people piggybacking off their work? You can hardly run a decent business with 5 people, with all the different tasks that have to be done. Ok, communication with toxic hoards may not be her thing, so what?

Until you have done that successfully, I would really suggest all the Toxic people here just shut up. You are ruining the game for a lot of players with your pancakes and moaning, and sucking the life out of the Devs themselves.

For you all.
You say toxic, I call it accountability.

The irony here is that I am qualified to speak on the topic of project management. The UO teams size and situation is not unique or special in the development world. However this team suffers from a leader with poor management and project communication skills.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
E

You say toxic, I call it accountability.

The irony here is that I am qualified to speak on the topic of project management. The UO teams size and situation is not unique or special in the development world. However this team suffers from a leader with poor management and project communication skills.
Why would they be accountable to you? I'm sure they have owners who they are accountable to, who judge them per their set targets.

The level of personal attacks becomes toxic. I'm not someone who uses that word lightly, because I'm not a woke politically correct person.

I was born to be a Leader, you can't qualify in it, no matter how many Diploma's they give you, it's a natural gift :)

I'm not interested in judging her or her team tbh, they are doing a job the best thay can, if you want something, try and interact positively with them, and the playerbase.