• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Developer Meet and Greet February 22nd, Sonoma Shard

Jepeth

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
I really think all of us would prefer a community manager position returning to the game's hierarchy.

For example, you go to the UO.com page right now and what do you see?

The very first news message is about all the West coast shards being down and then an update within the same post that they've returned to service from February 9th. This is an important update, sure, but not one that needs to remain on the page two weeks later. Archive that post so the first thing a prospective new player or returning player sees on the homepage isn't a resolved disruption of service. Mesanna, Bleak, Kyronix, Misk, and the artists don't really need to deal with that sort of thing. That sort of thing is important, though. If a community manager was providing a short update on the game every week, keeping the homepage up to date, providing a communicative presence on the forum and social media (social media especially as they've basically abandoned their Twitter), and helping Mariah and Rorschach moderate the forums I think it would go a long way to addressing most of the complaints people have about communication and trust.

New players, returning players, and players who never left are all still audiences. Not doing the things they say they're going to do or pushing things back without warning is a betrayal of the audience. Not communicating with players at all so you don't then have to push things back without warning is still a betrayal because audiences expect a certain level of trust. Any good broadcaster will tell you the absolute worst, can't ever happen, will never ever be forgiven thing you can do to a viewer is have them tune in to a program but provide them dead-air.

Last edited:

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why would they be accountable to you? I'm sure they have owners who they are accountable to, who judge them per their set targets.

The level of personal attacks becomes toxic. I'm not someone who uses that word lightly, because I'm not a woke politically correct person.

I was born to be a Leader, you can't qualify in it, no matter how many Diploma's they give you, it's a natural gift :)

I'm not interested in judging her or her team tbh, they are doing a job the best thay can, if you want something, try and interact positively with them, and the playerbase.
So your just happy blindly following along with whatever they want to give you? Blind being the key point here.

While the player is not a stakeholder in the project they are the customer base. In a situation like this is is critical to provide meaningful and productive communication regard the current state and future of the game. This is where Messina fails in spectacular fashion - the event roadmap? Pointless. Updates regard NL? None. Live presentation? Ignored til the last minute with a vague update regarding it still happening this week.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So your just happy blindly following along with whatever they want to give you?

While the player is not a stakeholder in the project they are the customer base. In a situation like this is is critical to provide meaningful and productive communication regard the current state and future of the game. This is where Messina fails in spectacular fashion - the event roadmap? Pointless. Updates regard NL? None. Live presentation? Ignored til the last minute with a vague update regard it still happening this week.
We have Forums, we have Dev Meet and Greets, we have Live Streams, we have E-Mails. We get plenty of chances to communicate, and we do, in a completely mishmash jumbled up way of course. I can point to an entire stream of player requests that they have implemented, the volume is actually astounding when you list it all - of course some things, we feel they got completely wrong, maybe they know it, but don't have the chance to change it.

No I'm not happy blindly following - I never wanted Trammel, I never wanted Sampires, I think EC was a disaster, I want improved PvP, I want improved crafting and gear options - I have my own issues - BUT, I don't go getting all emotional about it, and taking it all out on the Devs. I do fairly frequently try and put my points across, the most logical way I can. I win some, I lose some.

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Keven2002 Most of us can recognise someone running a bunch of multi-boxed clones at an EM event and most of us can tell when a person is afk macroing, no normal person can stand somewhere raising skills for days at a time, not logging out, moving or replying if you speak to them. You can't have half a dozen characters all exactly on top of one another and attacking in perfect synch without extra software. Even the names on some of them are a giveaway.

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We have Forums, we have Dev Meet and Greets, we have Live Streams, we have E-Mails. We get plenty of chances to communicate, and we do, in a completely mismash jumbled up way of course. I can point to an entire stream of player requests that they have implemented, the volume is actually astounding when you list it all - of course some things, we feel they got completely wrong, maybe they know it, but don't have the chance to change it.

No I'm not happy blindly following - I never wanted Trammel, I never wanted Sampires, I think EC was a disaster, I want improved PvP, I want improved crafting and gear options - I have my own issues - BUT, I don't go getting all emotional about it, and taking it all out on the Devs. I do fairly frequently try and put my points across, the most logical way I can. I win some, I lose some.
And where in that mess have they provided direct regarding whee they’re taking the game.

You and I are taking about two differe things here. Communication with the player base is a dodge to make it look like they’re providing updates. Look at most meet and greets - questions about house banners, or some other unimportant nonsense only important to one person. I want game updates, details about planned changes and overall game direction. Basic level project management stuff.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And where in that mess have they provided direct regarding whee they’re taking the game.

You and I are taking about two differe things here. Communication with the player base is a dodge to make it look like they’re providing updates. Look at most meet and greets - questions about house banners, or some other unimportant nonsense only important to one person. I want game updates, details about planned changes and overall game direction. Basic level project management stuff.
The last Live Stream did exactly that on a game direction level. I believe that is the point of the upcoming one also.

The monthly newsletters do exactly that.

The other styles, well, it is down to what the players ask them isn't it, they get asked for a purple apple, they have to answer re said purple apple, when maybe half the audience wanted to know about pvp balancing.

From the last Live Stream, and the last Newsletter, can you not see what they are doing {for a. the next 2-3 months and b. the next year} ? I can.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My thoughts:

1- Questions were better but answers generally disappointing. Everything is ‘will look into it’.
2- I’ve played multiple shards long before shields. Many people who don’t play ATL as a primary have toons on ATL. Or Siege. Etc.
3 - I think it’s BS they can’t do anything about gold sellers. Two things - go to ANY shard for an hour. Ban the 2-3 accounts coming on to spam. That’s will at least slow to them down. Second pose as a customer. Buy gold. When they come to deliver - ban that account with the gold or items. Maybe it’s a burner account but you could go back to the logs and see which account handed them burner account the gold.
4 -It was a rude question on scripting but she could handle it like a professional just saying ‘Actually the answer is d)We care and have implemented some things to address the situation but can’t make this our full time job or nothing else would get done.’
5 - I really wish these were targeted meet and greets like this time All questions PvP related. Next time all questions Crafting related. And really have a good discussion coming prepared as opposed to left field topics ‘And about those fish tanks!’
6- I wish they would be more responsive on the message boards instead of this being their main vehicle for communication. It’s not very in depth. Q. A. I’ll look into it. When do we get the I’ll look into it response?

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You are very much correct. The game developer should exercise their own judgement in how the game should be designed. Also right that players can have priorities that are conflicting with the good of the game at large. However, this approach (and the game) fails when the developer does not possess good judgement as to what is good for the game. Something we see time and time again with UO.
I don't necessarily disagree with you, however, it is not the job of the player to judge what is good for the game and what is not. A player only needs to decide if the game is fun to them or not and act accordingly.

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The last Live Stream did exactly that on a game direction level. I believe that is the point of the upcoming one also.

The monthly newsletters do exactly that.

The other styles, well, it is down to what the players ask them isn't it, they get asked for a purple apple, they have to answer re said purple apple, when maybe half the audience wanted to know about pvp balancing.

From the last Live Stream, and the last Newsletter, can you not see what they are doing {for a. the next 2-3 months and b. the next year} ? I can.
We’re just going to have to agree to disagree on this one because all I see from the last stream is their typical vague responses of “we‘re going to do some stuff and update some things”

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Keven2002 Most of us can recognise someone running a bunch of multi-boxed clones at an EM event and most of us can tell when a person is afk macroing, no normal person can stand somewhere raising skills for days at a time, not logging out, moving or replying if you speak to them. You can't have half a dozen characters all exactly on top of one another and attacking in perfect synch without extra software. Even the names on some of them are a giveaway.
I'm actually skilling a character right now (warrior) and I did the same thing for 8-9 hours yday while I'm sitting at my desk doing my actual job of managing projects. It's very simple to have UO running in the background. I can even create macros in UOA to do things and just jam down the hot key to spam things like last spell. Don't assume because someone won't answer you that they are unattended.

Again my response to you was about people that don't understand game mechanics are usually the quickest to cry "cheating" when it's in all actuality fair game play.

The last Live Stream was about 6 months ago at this point and they didn't really give a 6 month road map. In regards to the next one... please tell me when exactly that is because I've been asking for almost 2 weeks and they've been silent on it on the official forums.

I'm not saying you are entirely wrong because they do provide some meaningful info in the newsletters but anything having to do with NL is probably a non-starter on talking communication because it's at best vaporware right now (and this is 1 year into their original announcement of it). Typically the FAQ items might have 1 meaningful overarching thing for the general population but typically I find those as specific niche of players like asking about the pie cabinet (I don't own 1 or would have any use for it so that update to me doesn't matter).

Where @Veldrane has a point is that the Devs (aka project team) should be doing is give those FAQs as they can but more importantly they should be giving a 3-6 month road map along with milestones for each deliverable for the direction of the game; which should not be confused with what they do at M&Gs. Admittedly they have called out that they really aren't doing a whole lot with live shards (which I think is a mistake) to focus on NL which is fine as that's their vision...but aside from maybe 3 random updates over the course of 6 months we are clueless of what to expect or when.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Veldrane and @Keven2002 , good points all round, I'm dropping out of this now, unless someone posts something completely stupid,

Do you guys notice it is the Project Managers getting their knickers in a twist about this ? :D

Haha, joke :)

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So, everyone get your questions in for the next one. I'll try to be there and will ask basically anything, so let me know.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PvPers are now asking to nerf Bane Dragons. Peachy.
Not true.

Macros and scripts involving Bane Dragons are a problem, not the Bane Dragons themselves.

If you look at my very 1st response to this thread, neither of my 2 suggestions involved nerfing Bane Dragons.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't necessarily disagree with you, however, it is not the job of the player to judge what is good for the game and what is not. A player only needs to decide if the game is fun to them or not and act accordingly.
Unfortunately, there is an alarming proportion of features implemented over the last decade left me and my friends either indifferent or disappointed. There are some design decisions that specifically caused me to play less, much less. You'd think the features the team spends thousands man-hours on should have the opposite effect.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not true.

Macros and scripts involving Bane Dragons are a problem, not the Bane Dragons themselves.
What is not true? The guy literally said that Banes are OP and asked Mesanna to look into that. Not a word was said about scripts.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've only been to 1 M&G and was so unimpressed I've never attended another. However it would be completely awesome to be attending one when all of the sudden, in the middle of talking, one of the Devs script goes off by mistake and they advertise their 3rd party website by mistake....that would be epic.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is not true? The guy literally said that Banes are OP and asked Mesanna to look into that. Not a word was said about scripts.
Sorry, I added an edit to my post to explain better. You need to read better, before jumping to alarmist conclusions, and taking half of Trammel with you into panic mode.

Look at my 1st post in response to this thread - he was unable to explain the issue to Mesanna, she asked for more info re what has changed - I explained what has changed, and gave 2 suggestions to help. Neither involved nerfing Bane Dragons, Bane Dragons are not the problem.

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Veldrane and @Keven2002 , good points all round, I'm dropping out of this now, unless someone posts something completely stupid,

Do you guys notice it is the Project Managers getting their knickers in a twist about this ? :D

Haha, joke :)
Let’s be honest, Project Managers - true Project Mangers that take our craft serious - are just one step short of a cult and we get twisted when we see projects we care about failing due to easily corrected things :D

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
To all of the people that complain about RMT - that's not the issue you think it is. it's been around 20+ years ([name redacted] was started in 1998, [name redacted] 1998, etc)

What is an issue is the spamming, and guess what ALL of those chat spammers have in common (avatar as well as the new ones) ?

They are only around because of a flaw in the Origin store that let's them buy gametime / sovereigns for less money in their local currency , and then they sell the items for gold and make a small amount of money a month, but to them in Brazil, Russia, Ukraine, etc it's a respectable amount of money.

These are not long standing stores, or players, they see a short term opportunity and do not mind spamming you. They're not here for the next 20 years.

If you want to fix this - At the next meet and greet, and on the official forums keep beating the drum of "Fix the price arbitrage between Brazil, Russia, Ukraine and the Origin store" and I will guarantee, with 100% certainty that they go away within a few months of running through their code reserves.

Email Mesanna Mesanna@broadsword.com

Just send this, every single day:

Fix the price arbitrage between Brazil, Russia, Ukraine and the Origin store" If you can't have that change approved on Origin.com, please remove the game time and sovereigns from Origin.com , and sell them on your own URL with a fixed currency value.

This is how Genshin Impact fixed this issue -
Steam also fixed this by and large, as well as many other online digital goods providers.

Email her, daily, and this will get attention, they are 100% aware of the full step by step - beat the drum

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I think we each will see what we want to see in these meetings and the actions of the Development team. With such a diverse set of play styles and things to do in this sandbox called Sosaria, the options, opinions, and opportunities are limitless.

A 5 person team working to keep a 25+ year old legacy game played around the world just functioning on current technology is a big enough challenge. Adding in content keeping it fresh and evolving even bigger.

I don't like all of the changes made, event designs, or updates but, I like enough of to keep engaging in some way shape or form on an almost daily basis.

I hear a lot about holding the developers accountable. Well maybe holding the ownership who sets the objectives for the Developers on a yearly basis is who needs to be held accountable and hear your voice.

I'm just thankful that I can still log in and engage spending time with my old friends, see the excitement of a newbie playing in their first few days every now, and participate in a community event when time permits.

Let's also be thankful that Stratics is where we can all come as a community to express our thoughts and feelings it a pretty open manner. I like to hear all the varying sides, opinions, and philosophy.

*Raises a glass of Good Old Moonglow Red and with a flourish takes a long drink before settling back into his book by the fire*

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If I were Orion's mother I would be so ashamed at how my child could ever treat another person like that. To see how careless Orion was with Mesanna and team filled me with disgust and sadness .

Maybe it's time to shut the game down. If people feel they have the right to abuse the people who keep the game going, let them shut the game down. No one deserves to be treated so inhumanly as that. There are no excuses for that kind of behavior.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If I were Orion's mother I would be so ashamed at how my child could ever treat another person like that. To see how careless Orion was with Mesanna and team filled me with disgust and sadness .

Maybe it's time to shut the game down. If people feel they have the right to abuse the people who keep the game going, let them shut the game down. No one deserves to be treated so inhumanly as that. There are no excuses for that kind of behavior.
A bit harsh? Perhaps. But at some point, a pretty fair amount of the players have gotten sick and tired of the way they are being treated, by, "the people who keep the game going". Myself included.

Last edited:

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think we each will see what we want to see in these meetings and the actions of the Development team. With such a diverse set of play styles and things to do in this sandbox called Sosaria, the options, opinions, and opportunities are limitless.

A 5 person team working to keep a 25+ year old legacy game played around the world just functioning on current technology is a big enough challenge. Adding in content keeping it fresh and evolving even bigger.

I don't like all of the changes made, event designs, or updates but, I like enough of to keep engaging in some way shape or form on an almost daily basis.

I hear a lot about holding the developers accountable. Well maybe holding the ownership who sets the objectives for the Developers on a yearly basis is who needs to be held accountable and hear your voice.
I get they have limited time. My biggest complaint is then USE the time very WISELY! There are existing systems with a very little effort could be fun again. Add some new rewards to collections and reasonable items to collect and people will
do those again

Give a buff for pet skills and base it on the level of the meseum. Voila people want to keep up the zoo level again. Etc.

There are about 50 EASY things to do to make current systems useful again. Low effort. High engagement.
Combine that with more returning players and new player changes and you can breathe life into the game again with a small team.

Heck people resubing an inactive account get a bag of roof loot and one shard shield token would be a huge benefit bringing new people back.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A bit harsh? Perhaps. But at some point, a pretty fair amount of the players have gotten sick and tired of the they are being treated, by, "the people who keep the game going". Myself included.
And yall are welcome to find a better game at this point since you think this one is so bad. Quit cold turkey before yall drive away more actual customers who play daily and have fun. Your hatred of RMT is looking like jealousy at this point.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

No one deserves to be treated so inhumanly as that. There are no excuses for that kind of behavior.
QFT!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well that's very nice of you and everyone doing it. I just think it only goes so far. Most people I've met on Atlantic had their hands full playing one shard and no business in any second shard at all. The assumption that everyone is playing multishard and has easy access to shard shields differs a lot from my experience. That's all.
We are not really playing multi shards, yes there are some, we are globe hopping to try and get goods that we may use ourselves or to help others on our shard.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We are not really playing multi shards, yes there are some, we are globe hopping to try and get goods that we may use ourselves or to help others on our shard.
Exactly. I have only 1 toon that has more than 50 in a skill on Shards other than LS. I bought a token and some jewelry so I can buy and hold pets on Atlantic with a tamer there.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Unfortunately, there is an alarming proportion of features implemented over the last decade left me and my friends either indifferent or disappointed. There are some design decisions that specifically caused me to play less, much less. You'd think the features the team spends thousands man-hours on should have the opposite effect.
I agree with you here. I wish they would have never added Trammel or insurance. You are speaking to someone who's play style has all but been nerfed out of existence through many changes over the years. Those design decisions cause me to play less than I otherwise would, much less. I guess you can't please everyone, eh? Or, to put it slightly less eloquently:

1614193511250.png

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe they should stop the M&G and spend that time answering post. 4 of them showing up twice a month is a ton of time spent answering a few questions. Maybe make one post every week or two where folks post questions only. Then instead of showing up on a shard they can just reply once a week or two with answers to some. Just questions and answers, no any debates/arguments. I think they can get more stuff answered and players can ask more questions in way less time.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So your just happy blindly following along with whatever they want to give you? Blind being the key point here.

While the player is not a stakeholder in the project they are the customer base. In a situation like this is is critical to provide meaningful and productive communication regard the current state and future of the game. This is where Messina fails in spectacular fashion - the event roadmap? Pointless. Updates regard NL? None. Live presentation? Ignored til the last minute with a vague update regarding it still happening this week.
I think every UO player understands what you are saying but the only person/persons that bonnie has to answer to is EA and BS, those are her bosses and they have a plan set up for her that she must follow and really the DEVs do not have to interact with us to do their jobs but they do and guess what most of the time they get **** for it. You speak with your wallet, you either buy the product or not that is up to you. When you buy a car do you demand to speak to the CEO of that car company no you do not and he/she does not have to speak to you either, the bottom line is what do you really want from your product and are you going to buy it or not. We ask for changes, we submit bug reports, we give feedback which most of the time is not very nice and it is up to the game owners/developers/managers what get done not us. You also have to understand that BS does not own UO, EA does so if you really have a problem with the product then you should contact EA. EA owns UO, EA makes the rules, EA pays BS to implement their wishes, EA collects all the money from UO, BS is nothing more than a factory putting out a product according to the owners demands.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe they should stop the M&G and spend that time answering post. 4 of them showing up twice a month is a ton of time spent answering a few questions. Maybe make one post every week or two where folks post questions only. Then instead of showing up on a shard they can just reply once a week or two with answers to some. Just questions and answers, no any debates/arguments. I think they can get more stuff answered and players can ask more questions in way less time.
It looks like you can do just that here Forum Feedback

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But at some point, a pretty fair amount of the players have gotten sick and tired of the they are being treated, by, "the people who keep the game going". Myself included.

I'm genuinely interested, how have they treated you ? :oops:

The mind boggles, did it involve whips ? o.0

Do we need to get you an interview on Oprah?! ;)

(Do you not think you are taking this too seriously?).

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Or, we could just send it once and not spam people. But if spamming people is your thing... Wait, isn't the point to not spam? AHHHH.... *Brain Explodes*
Squeaky wheel at this point. They have a lot going on, it's important to make sure they can fully comprehend that this one change puts 30% more revenue with no additional change needed. This would solve a major issue, and remove all of the chat spammers and it just requires more engagement to have fixed then the few of us that know how to do it at scale.

I don't think anyone needs to HARASS Mesanna, she's just 1 person, and she's not an actual developer from a coding standpoint, she at best can oversee things but honest to god think about who you're yelling at.

This woman is not some shark c suite exec; she started in uo customer support, and has been involved with UO since the early days; now she's trying to run a game that she likes just as much as you do, with 2 coders, 1 artist, maybe 1 business oriented person, and a helper or two.

Does she act like her modest salaried job at a small company is a bigger deal than it is, when she's flying around on an invuln char using abrasive communication tactics? yeah, it's not a becoming trait, and she's definitely not perfect from a communication standpoint. But she's not the embodiment of everything wrong either.

She's a single person, and while I think organization in holding specific objectives as important and accountable is valid, you can't seriously think that lady is why UO isn't everything you want it to be.

She should step back and reflect a bit, take advice from different perspectives from experienced sources, and come up with a better plan for addressing you as a userbase.

A lot of people complain without data, you ask the devs to do 90% of the work. You want to report an issue? spec it , like you would in any other line of work.

Issue: Bane Dragon strength in pvp

Data: [video] and explanation "bane dragons currently have no real weak point, and as a rideable with that much firepower and hit points can single handedly change fights" [further explanation...etc]

Possible Solution: Currently only melee weapons will trigger dragon slaying on the bane dragon; If you adjust this to ranged weapons, and spellbooks you allow additional counterplay, without having to adjust the pet's skills/stats/taming requirement

Just an example; provide more data on everything you find as an issue, real data, not a wall of text like this is, but bandicam a little video, show what you're talking about and provide as muchb useful information about the problem, the cause of the problem, and ideas for a solution.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don't think anyone needs to HARASS Mesanna,
You say this right after you tell a whole forum of people to spam her daily. I am confused by this.

I believe that BS and Mesanna don't have any control over the sale of their products at all, that is likely all handled by EA. I also believe that BS interacts with EA as little as absolutely possible to keep their contract renewing. Once they start making demands to EA about doing this or that, EA has to decide if it is worth it to continue the relationship with the developer. In EA's world, the squeaky wheel gets removed, because they have a lot of other wheels to worry about. You may be right, that might fix the problem, but that involves asking EA to do something, which BS probably avoids at all costs.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Buffalo Chips.
BS and EA dont even remember UO exists anymore, much less 'have a plan' for it other than banking whatever theyc an milk out of us before we all quit
And you don't think that is a plan from EA. EA has always been about the green even when they did it all for UO. You all yell at Bonnie and I have been here long enough to remember the ****tiest of the ****ty service known to man from EA.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I'd think it's the Paying Players who keep this game going. Without a cash flow, the dev team is nothing.

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
You say this right after you tell a whole forum of people to spam her daily. I am confused by this.

I believe that BS and Mesanna don't have any control over the sale of their products at all, that is likely all handled by EA. I also believe that BS interacts with EA as little as absolutely possible to keep their contract renewing. Once they start making demands to EA about doing this or that, EA has to decide if it is worth it to continue the relationship with the developer. In EA's world, the squeaky wheel gets removed, because they have a lot of other wheels to worry about. You may be right, that might fix the problem, but that involves asking EA to do something, which BS probably avoids at all costs.

You seem to be having a difficult time, to be clear 'send an email each day' would not correlate with harassment. My schedule sends me an email each morning, I'm not feeling attacked, to provide further clarity.

I think what I linked to clearly shows how this same abuse has been fixed by Apple, Genshin Impact's producers , Sony, among others. This isn't that hard of a fix, though you're welcome to your opinion as well

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
You seem to be having a difficult time, to be clear 'send an email each day' would not correlate with harassment. My schedule sends me an email each morning, I'm not feeling attacked, to provide further clarity.

I think what I linked to clearly shows how this same abuse has been fixed by Apple, Genshin Impact's producers , Sony, among others. This isn't that hard of a fix, though you're welcome to your opinion as well
Oh I think he is pretty clear. You asked for your schedule to send you a morning email. I am also glad you do not feel attacked by your own request.

Asking the entire player base to send an email each day to a producer cramming the email server is harassment and pointless.

Now the substance of the fix is not bad so send it in as a suggestion, then follow up.

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I think my initial request gets the job done, but again your opinion is entirely valid. Surmising Stratics Users to that of an entire game's playerbase, and then to further suggest that individual subscribers reaching out to the noted point of contact (per: Mesanna ; there are no further dev contact points) is in some way harassment seems like an argument made in bad faith.

I suggest those interested in removing chat spam, do as they feel best suites their needs, whether that be the same as mine or yours, who's to say.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd think it's the Paying Players who keep this game going. Without a cash flow, the dev team is nothing.
So does that also give you the right to go into your local store and start cussing them out, no it does not. What it does is if you are not satisfied with your local store than you shop at another store and the same goes with UO. If enough people stop paying for UO than EA will do 1 of two things, they will ask BS what is up or they will tell BS good-by and shut it all down, simple as that. Maybe some of you should take this to BSs boss or better yet to EA and please do not hold your breath waiting for an answer.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think my initial request gets the job done, but again your opinion is entirely valid. Surmising Stratics Users to that of an entire game's playerbase, and then to further suggest that individual subscribers reaching out to the noted point of contact (per: Mesanna ; there are no further dev contact points) is in some way harassment seems like an argument made in bad faith.

I suggest those interested in removing chat spam, do as they feel best suites their needs, whether that be the same as mine or yours, who's to say.
And alls your request will do is flood bonnies e-mail box with a bunch of worthless **** and important e-mails may be over looked or sent back because her mail box is full. You do know that there is a forum that the devs are allowed to reply on as long as you keep it civil it will stay up, so maybe all you haters should post on the real forum and stop hiding out on this forum spouting all you BS.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wonder if he gets paid for being a pom pom cheerleader... :next:

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
And alls your request will do is flood bonnies e-mail box with a bunch of worthless **** and important e-mails may be over looked or sent back because her mail box is full. You do know that there is a forum that the devs are allowed to reply on as long as you keep it civil it will stay up, so maybe all you haters should post on the real forum and stop hiding out on this forum spouting all you BS.
If you read my original message I think I put forth the most compelling defense of her, in a way that as to this point hasn't had a valid rebuttle. So clearly I'm not a "hater" , though I feel like you just wanted to speak your piece and not follow what I said.

Again, if you feel that subscribers reaching out to the decision maker using the method suggested by said decision maker is some how an affront to common decency, I would imagine you don't deem the problem as worthy of your attention. A choice you are welcome to make.

I would have a hard time reaching the same conclusion that "these messages are worthless [...]" , and I think anyone taking a step back would reach the same conclusion that what is outlined solves what to the active players, who are spammed all day, is a rather egregious, very public issue.

I think you mean well

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wonder if he gets paid for being a pom pom cheerleader... :next:
I suppose you get paid for being a rude *******. Funny how you spout your **** here but are to afraid to do it on the other forum. What was done to bonny was uncalled for esp in front of her workers. One young lad tried that with me and by the time I was done that young man in public he will NEVER call out a senior person in front of people again.

Last edited: