• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chivalry changes

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
CHIVALRY
The way chivalry and abilities work has been revised so that the effects, and durations now place more emphasis on skill level rather than just karma. In cases where Karma is evaluated, it will provide a modifier to the chivalry skill factor. This means that chivalry will provide a baseline for the power or duration of the effect and karma will either increase or decrease that baseline. In order to achieve the highest possible levels, both skill and karma will be required.

Divine Fury:
Bonus effects and stamina regeneration from divine fury now scale based on chivalry skill and karma. Stamina regeneration from divine fury is no longer a full refreshment, but rather a set amount of stamina.

Cleanse By Fire:
Cure chance for poison has been updated.

Enemy of One
Enemy of one has now been changed to a Spell Toggle. You can remove the effect before the duration expires by recasting the spell. (Recasting while the spell is in effect will cost 0 mana and 0 cast time)
The Damage bonus will now Scale based on Chivalry Skill. Duration Will Scale with Chivalry and Karma
(PvP)
Enemy of One will now work against Players and Pets. The damage increase cap will be significantly reduced and apply ONLY to the player or Pet being attacked. Damage received from all other sources will be increased by 30% while this ability is in effect versus a player or pet. Duration is capped at 8 seconds for PvP.
Remove Curse
The difficulty of successfully removing curses now scales with the level and number of curses in effect in addition to factoring chivalry skill and karma.

Consecrate Weapon
Consecrate Weapon no longer guarantees damage against a target’s weakest resist. Concecrate weapon now provides a scaling chance to do damage against the targets weakest resist type. At 90+ Chivalry, consecrate weapon will also offer a damage increase in addition to optimal damage type.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone who is complaining about chiv needs to realize this has been needed for a long time. With necro, if I have low karma, do I only need 50 necromancy to cast all my spells? No. I need full necro AND spirit speak. Chiv users should be thankful that there is not another skill tied with it like its counterpart (necro) has. So be thankful you got to use a skill at such a cheap cost of only high karma for so long.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone who is complaining about chiv needs to realize this has been needed for a long time. With necro, if I have low karma, do I only need 50 necromancy to cast all my spells? No. I need full necro AND spirit speak. Chiv users should be thankful that there is not another skill tied with it like its counterpart (necro) has. So be thankful you got to use a skill at such a cheap cost of only high karma for so long.
Couldn't of said it better

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok, let's try to be constructive.

1) consecrate weapon:

The effect is now reduced, the duration still the same.
Should be scaled like curse weapon now (up to 30 seconds instead of static 7)

The buff icon is now a must in order to know the chance to hit the lower resistance and the damage increase.

2) divine fury

The duration should be increased to 25 seconds (scaled like consecrate weapon) and the DCI malus should be scaled: low chivalry/karma = -20%, top chivalry/karma = -5%

3) enemy of one

Since now has a toggle remove the duration like protection, ecc...
The malus of +100% damage from other monsters than the selected one should be scaled with skill/karma up to -50% at top values

4) Since now we have to reach 120 skill, give us a new spell like for the necromancy vampiric embrace level.

I suggest a spell that prevents the animate dead on corpses (maybe an area spell like the bardic ones that affect all the corpses around you up to N tiles based on skill).

5) Karma fixes:

- When we are in party the karma gained should not be reduced
- Heartwood quests that do not reward with a strongbox should reward with karma (since the items are low level and useless)
- Kill red players should reward with a high amount of karma, kill a blue player should remove a high amount of karma.

T

Talashar

Do we have any good numbers on the Consecrate Weapon and Enemy of One scaling at the 5 points in chivalry? I'd like to see a cost/effect ratio but i'm at work and cannot mess with the TC as of yet.

(By 5 points i mean starting at 60 up to 100 so, 60,65,70 etc...)

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ok, let's try to be constructive.

1) consecrate weapon:

The buff icon is now a must in order to know the chance to hit the lower resistance and the damage increase.

2) divine fury

The duration should be increased to 25 seconds (scaled like consecrate weapon) and the DCI malus should be scaled: low chivalry/karma = -20%, top chivalry/karma = -5%

3) enemy of one

Since now has a toggle remove the duration like protection, ecc...
The malus of +100% damage from other monsters than the selected one should be scaled with skill/karma up to -50% at top values

4) Since now we have to reach 120 skill, give us a new spell like for the necromancy vampiric embrace level.

I suggest a spell that prevents the animate dead on corpses (maybe an area spell like the bardic ones that affect all the corpses around you up to N tiles based on skill).

5) Karma fixes:

- When we are in party the karma gained should not be reduced
- Heartwood quests that do not reward with a strongbox should reward with karma (since the items are low level and useless)
- Kill red players should reward with a high amount of karma, kill a blue player should remove a high amount of karma.
Nice suggestions, you are definitly onto something with the divine fury thing, probably should scale that dci reduction and possibly the amount of stam by karma/skill.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do we have any good numbers on the Consecrate Weapon and Enemy of One scaling at the 5 points in chivalry? I'd like to see a cost/effect ratio but i'm at work and cannot mess with the TC as of yet.
well is around 50% with 65 skill so increasing the time is the only way to get a usable effect.

Nice suggestions, you are definitly onto something with the divine fury thing, probably should scale that dci reduction and possibly the amount of stam by karma/skill.
the stamina seems already scaled, and the amount is around 50 with 65 skill and 5k karma

maybe adding stamina leech instead of a static amount of stamina would be better at this point....

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chivalry abilities are scaled to 100 Chivalry.

120 Chivalry and High Karma will provide effects in excess of former levels.

T

Talashar

Thank you Log! That was just the sort of answer i was searching for!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

100 chivalry and how much karma? since now we can see the numbers, it could help to understand... :)

Actually the top karma used for chivalry was 20k...

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

All of my chars on production use 70 chiv. I understand the sampire/wammy nerf, but for regular dexxers w/o bushido or necro this change is going to feel pretty crappy (even though PvM damage is way too high right now). My suggestion is to penalize chiv more so if the person also has necro.

Current Test: All results @ 70 Chiv w/ Glorious (11,363)
Proposed Test: All results @ 70 Chiv w/ Glorious Lord (18,579)
(note the difference in karma)

Divine Fury
--
Current: 10% HCI, 10% DI, 10% SSI, -20% DCI, 19 seconds, full stamina
Proposed: 12% HCI, 15% DI, 10% SSI, -20% DCI, 17 seconds dur, +50 stamina

Consecrate Weapon
--
Current: Around 9 seconds and a 100% chance of finding the lowest resist
Proposed: Around 8 seconds and I assume a 70% chance of finding the lowest resist?

Enemy of One
--
Proposed: +50 DI, 195 seconds
Current: +40 DI, 175 seconds (love the toggle!)

The consecrate change is going to kill leech, and I mean, I can do over 250 damage on my thrower or ABC archer, so I can understand some of these changes with regards to sampires, wammies, throwers, and archers. But people are glossing over the healing changes.

120 Swords
120 Tact
120 Anat
120 Heal
120 Chiv
120 Focus

Problem is you can't fit Magic Resist, but with this template you get +40 SDI bonus as well, haha. Not sure how that would ever work on a dexxer template but still. How about if 100 focus gave chivalry +10% SDI or something, like an inscribe for chiv? ;P

Z

Zero Day

New Character on Test Assuming 0 Karma since i havent killed anything:
30 Chiv
Divine fury + 7 HCI, + 9 DI 5 SSI

50 Chivalry
Divine Fury 9 HCI 12 DI 5 SSI
Enemy of one: +13% Damage to Target (Monster)

65 Chiv
Divine Fury 10 HCI 12 DI 5 SSI
Enemy of one : 24% Damage to Target

80 Chiv
Divine Fury 10 HCI 12 DI 10 SSI
Enemy of one: 35% Damage to Target

100 Chiv
Divine Fury 12 HCI 15 DI 10 SSI
Enemy of one: 50% damage to target

120 Chiv
Enemy of one: 64% damage to target

I'll test Success rate with higher karma and Consecrate later if I get the time.

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New Character on Test Assuming 0 Karma since i havent killed anything: (..)

50 Chivalry
Divine Fury 9 HCI 12 DI 5 SSI
Enemy of one: +13% Damage to Target (Monster)

I'll test Success rate with higher karma and Consecrate later if I get the time.
Exactly my findings on EoO for PvM, Enemy of one DI is roughly calculated with this:

EoO DI Bonus (for PvM) = ( (Skill - 30.0) / 7 ) x 5

The approximate formula above is only within ±2%.

Also, if we will gain 13% bonus to DI with 50.0 chivalry, why do we receive 100% more damage from other monsters, it should be only twice, thus 26% for 50 chivalry, 100% for GM and 128% for legendary for PvM.

Edit:
New Character on Test Assuming 0 Karma since i havent killed anything:
(..)

120 Chiv (with 0 karma)
120 Chiv with 18,884 karma
Divine Fury 15 HCI 20 DI 15 SSI

119.9 Chiv with 18,884 karma
Divine Fury 14 HCI 19 DI 10 SSI

So there is a +5 SSI bonus for high karma, but only at 120 chivalry?

Logrus, can you give us the exact formulas for chivalry spells?

C

Cloak&Dagger

Also, if we will gain 13% bonus to DI with 50.0 chivalry, why do we receive 100% more damage from other monsters, it should be only twice, thus 26% for 50 chivalry, 100% for GM and 128% for legendary for PvM.

Logrus, can you give us the exact formulas for chivalry spells?
Have to agree with this. If we have to scale things then everything should fall in place accordingly. Of course we could counter the scale by allowing everyone to have the 50% damage increase at any skill level and scale the damage received based on the skill you have (higher damage taken at lower skill levels)

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
with these changes to be fair, since chiv is considered an add-on to a combat temp combat temps should have 840 pts.

this is stupid.. for a pure warrior we have
combat skill, tactics, anatomy, healing, resist spells, chiv, parry..

thats 7 skills. 720 pts cannot make this work.. that would mean you can only 120 one skill?

840 tho we can 120 everything.
this should be possible.. i dont see why its not..

even with magery temps 720 is not enough, specially taming or bard temps.

the cap needs to be increased to 840.

if you say its to protect temps that have combat and magery we already have that.. its mage weapons..

if you say its to protect temps that have 2 combat skills, who cares, you can only use one at a time anyway..

if you say its to protect temps with 2 mage skills.. um, i have a mystic mage.. so already happening.. oh and he holds a mage weapon..

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the main question we have to debate is should consecrate be nerfed like it is with the proposed plans. It's the only significant change for PvM, while Divine Fury is significant for PvP but +50 stam @ 70 skill isn't all that bad. Can always use refresh pots and Divine is usually an escape if anything. Everything else seems fine, and now we have a reason to get to 120 chiv, which is great. Beforehand, there was absolutely no reason to advance chiv past 115. If nothing more, the toggle on EoO is absolutely great. A must have.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can someone tell me what the difference is from having 77 Chivalry and say 18k karma vs having 120 Chivalry and 18k karma or just the difference between 77 Chivalry and 120 Chivalry. What is the difference when your specifically casting Close Wounds, Remove Curse, or Cleanse by Fire? I am trying to see if I will still be able to get away with having 77 Chivalry if I mainly use Cleanse by Fire, Remove Curse, and Close Wounds. If I cannot get away with it then it will really mess up my template with magic resist :(.

Cleanse By Fire:

Remove Curse
The difficulty of successfully removing curses now scales with the level and number of curses in effect in addition to factoring chivalry skill and karma.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Then would it be possible to add a chiv spell or two to the book so we don't have to depend on ggs gains? It would be nice to see more paladin-y type aoe heal spells anyway.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can someone tell me what the difference is from having 77 Chivalry and say 18k karma vs having 120 Chivalry and 18k karma or just the difference between 77 Chivalry and 120 Chivalry. What is the difference when your specifically casting Close Wounds, Remove Curse, or Cleanse by Fire? I am trying to see if I will still be able to get away with having 77 Chivalry if I mainly use Cleanse by Fire, Remove Curse, and Close Wounds. If I cannot get away with it then it will really mess up my template with magic resist :(.

Cleanse By Fire:

Remove Curse
Can anyone answer my question here ^^, it's driving me insane thinking about it while im at work. Wondering if it will mess with my template or not.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
with these changes to be fair, since chiv is considered an add-on to a combat temp combat temps should have 840 pts.

this is stupid.. for a pure warrior we have
combat skill, tactics, anatomy, healing, resist spells, chiv, parry..

thats 7 skills. 720 pts cannot make this work.. that would mean you can only 120 one skill?

840 tho we can 120 everything.
this should be possible.. i dont see why its not..

even with magery temps 720 is not enough, specially taming or bard temps.

the cap needs to be increased to 840.

if you say its to protect temps that have combat and magery we already have that.. its mage weapons..

if you say its to protect temps that have 2 combat skills, who cares, you can only use one at a time anyway..

if you say its to protect temps with 2 mage skills.. um, i have a mystic mage.. so already happening.. oh and he holds a mage weapon..
What about a Tamer/Bard Tame, Lore, Vet, Music, Peace, Discord and Provocation 840 Magery need another 120 for that.

The total magic user Magery/Eval Int., Mysticism/Focus, Necro/Spirit Speak
, Spellweave 840 without resist 960 with.

The old 7X GM went away with 120 PS, The cap should have been raised back then to 840 but it was not and we all made do and we will do it again.

My current Tamer/Bard
Tame-120
Vet-120
Lore-120
Music-120
Peace-120
Disco-120
Magery-108
Total-828

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I haven't had the chance to test this with all the other stuff but..

Has anyone tested the effects of enemy of one in pvp? just wondering what kind of damage bonus it is giving at its highest levels.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What about a Tamer/Bard Tame, Lore, Vet, Music, Peace, Discord and Provocation 840 Magery need another 120 for that.

The total magic user Magery/Eval Int., Mysticism/Focus, Necro/Spirit Speak
, Spellweave 840 without resist 960 with.

The old 7X GM went away with 120 PS, The cap should have been raised back then to 840 but it was not and we all made do and we will do it again.

My current Tamer/Bard
Tame-120
Vet-120
Lore-120
Music-120
Peace-120
Disco-120
Magery-108
Total-828

Honestly, a cap of 820 on anything... allowing you to effectively jewel up to 900 or so, would allow too many really really over powered templates. This is just a bad idea no matter how you shake it.

Just take your best, most over kill template, and add something you don't have.. resist, parry, ninja, a weap skill, taming, etc.

Z

Zero Day

Further Testing
Close Wounds At 0 Karma:
JOAT:14
30 Chiv: 15-17
50 Chiv: 19-21 - Production With 8 Karma 23-25
70 Chiv: 24-26
77 Chiv: 25-27 - Production with 4775 and 78 Chiv Karma 26-29
100 Chiv: 28-30
120 Chiv: 31-33

I havent had a chance to go fight stuff to raise karma and I don't know how to look at my karma level anyway(Don't have EC)
(Added some numbers from Produciton)

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Further Testing
Close Wounds At 0 Karma:
JOAT:14
30 Chiv: 15-17
50 Chiv: 19-21
70 Chiv: 24-26
77 Chiv: 25-27
100 Chiv: 28-30
120 Chiv: 31-33

I havent had a chance to go fight stuff to raise karma and I don't know how to look at my karma level anyway(Don't have EC)
Click on yourself and look at loyalty rating, or whatever.

I'd be really curious to see what this stuff would do with high karma. Is there a karma gate on test or can there be? lol

Z

Zero Day

Ah, never even knew about that loyalty rating.

So I can confirm 0 Karma with all my testing.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The only way any of these changes are remotely acceptable would be to add Chivalry to the list of mana cost reduction skills, as Bushido & Ninjitsu (and their support skills) already are.

Something that the devs appear to be overlooking:

Bushido requires Parry & a weapons skill (300 points about guaranteed)
Ninjitsu requires stealth a weapons skill (300 points also about guaranteed)
Necromancy, which was meant to be a general purpose skill used equally by mages and warriors, now has been relegated to a Bushido support skill - and as such, is 100 times more effective than chivalry.

Chivalry - left hanging, as the basic paladin template doesn't have a 3rd mana reduction skill built in (just parry & weapon), especially if playing an archer, (where it only has weapon skill). Treated as the red-headed stepchild already without the abuse about to be heaped on it.

Just because Mcfarlane Toys made the LBR action figures doesn't mean you can use one of his 12 inch Violators* on those few of us that haven't gone over to the Bushido/Necro (or Bushido/Mysticism) dark side.

Yes, he really did market the Spawn villain's 12-inch action figure in a manner parodying an existing artificial phallus of the same name and length - a sick, sick, man....

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) consecrate weapon:

Yes, that would've been great!

BUFF ICON for Curse Weapon aswell!+

C

Cloak&Dagger

The only way any of these changes are remotely acceptable would be to add Chivalry to the list of mana cost reduction skills, as Bushido & Ninjitsu (and their support skills) already are.

Necromancy, which was meant to be a general purpose skill used equally by mages and warriors, now has been relegated to a Bushido support skill - and as such, is 100 times more effective than chivalry.

Chivalry - left hanging, as the basic paladin template doesn't have a 3rd mana reduction skill built in (just parry & weapon), especially if playing an archer, (where it only has weapon skill). Treated as the red-headed stepchild already without the abuse about to be heaped on it.

Just because Mcfarlane Toys made the LBR action figures doesn't mean you can use one of his 12 inch Violators* on those few of us that haven't gone over to the Bushido/Necro (or Bushido/Mysticism) dark side.

Yes, he really did market the Spawn villain's 12-inch action figure in a manner parodying an existing artificial phallus of the same name and length - a sick, sick, man....
This is acceptable, and a good idea in general.

Z

Zero Day

Bushido doesn't require parry. Parry does however affect the effectiveness of Evasion, Weapon Blocking and Counter Attack.
With the healing change A non-chivalry samurai type just got a bit more
viable. Weapon/Tactics/Parry/Heal/Anat/Resist or Focus/Med

Chivalry doesn't have a support skill. So why would it need to be added to the special move reduction pool.
If they scaled Consecrate 1% Chance per point in chivalry then at 50 Chiv you have a 50% Chance of hitting their weakest resist which is every other hit.
You heal for almost the same amount with close wounds, your divine fury gives you 9% HCI 12% DI which is what 1% difference.

The only thing you get any reasonably comparable difference is that enemy of one gives you only 13% damage instead of the 50.

It would be pretty funny if they made all the skills work like chivalry instead.
at 50 Magery/Eval your mind blast does the same damage as 120/120

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bushido doesn't require parry. Parry does however affect the effectiveness of Evasion, Weapon Blocking and Counter Attack.
With the healing change A non-chivalry samurai type just got a bit more
viable. Weapon/Tactics/Parry/Heal/Anat/Resist or Focus/Med

Chivalry doesn't have a support skill. So why would it need to be added to the special move reduction pool.
If they scaled Consecrate 1% Chance per point in chivalry then at 50 Chiv you have a 50% Chance of hitting their weakest resist which is every other hit.
You heal for almost the same amount with close wounds, your divine fury gives you 9% HCI 12% DI which is what 1% difference.

The only thing you get any reasonably comparable difference is that enemy of one gives you only 13% damage instead of the 50.

It would be pretty funny if they made all the skills work like chivalry instead.
at 50 Magery/Eval your mind blast does the same damage as 120/120
Mindblast damage is not altered by your eval. But I get what you are saying.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Honestly, a cap of 820 on anything... allowing you to effectively jewel up to 900 or so, would allow too many really really over powered templates. This is just a bad idea no matter how you shake it.

Just take your best, most over kill template, and add something you don't have.. resist, parry, ninja, a weap skill, taming, etc.
Did you read who I was answering? Did you read
but it was not and we all made do and we will do it again.
I was tell him he was being stupid, if you didnt get the drift.

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something I have longed to see changed to Chivalry: Perrhaps at a real skill of GM+, that Noble Sacrifice will work on Bonded Pets.

As it stands, NS is a pretty useless skill. Most Pallies are going to have Heal & Anat as well, plus with the reduction to 1 in everything, who is really going to use it short of a mass rez? Would be nice if it worked on Pets, then at least it might become a useful spell.

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re:

Again, CPing from Game Balance:

At 90+ Chivalry, Consecrate Weapon = DI
>
Over-Cap? Even if not.. Over-Kill?! LOLWut.. So EOO, CW.. Items.. Skills.. 1Shot Chivies now especially in Ganging?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone who is complaining about chiv needs to realize this has been needed for a long time. With necro, if I have low karma, do I only need 50 necromancy to cast all my spells?
Actually you can use just 60 and never fail oath, corpse, omen, and pain spike.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Logrus - with the changes to EoO and Consecrate, will these allow you to exceed the 300% DI cap?

Just curious as I plan to revamp my guys.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No they will allow you to reach the cap without using items though.

K

Kim Li of LS

I would like to see:

icon for consecrate weapon, with short duration it is very hard to judge when it stops, yeah you can listen for the noise-i think- but i play with sound off and have for years. This would allow people to know what the scale looks like

A) add bonus ssi (div fury) for civ over 100:

110 chiv 15 ssi
120 chiv 20 ssi

B) reduce dci penalty:

100 chiv -15
110 chiv -10
120 chiv -5

maybe some combination of A and/or B

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First , i think the changes to chiv are not really a nerf for most sampires / wammies. There are many solutions to deal with those chiv changes, and the power of those templates will practically be the same as is was before. At least for the veterans with good gear.

But, together with the changes to lightning strike, this will hurt the newer players with 700/705 cap and less then optimal equipment. Probably also the few casual players uo got.
Above changes hit my 2 weakest dexxers that i only play for fun and challenge most and leaves the other 3 real strong ones basically untouched. Strange world.

A comment about divine fury. On a melee paladin i would not use it for the hci bonus, because the -20 dci will get me hit more often. In practice its only purpose is to refresh stamina. A char with a one handed weapon can use a npc refresh pot that doesnt cost mana at all, the poor
paladin, because he is wearing a shield, has to pay 15 mana for it.
On the other hand , archers and throwers can profit alot from the additional ssi they get from divine fury.
I would like to see those effects splitted into 2 separate spells, a cheaper one that only does the refresh with a small penalty and another spell for the hci and ssi bonus that does cost a substantial amount of mana and has a bigger penalty.

The problem with all those small changes is , there is no real incentive to take that skill to gm or legendary. Instead it is forced upon some players. It doesnt solve any of the problems a pure chiv warrior without bushido has at the harder pvm encounters, and that problem is simple missing mana because of low damage. And on top of that, you take more damage because of missing feint and evasion ability.
As it is now, not much is given to the existing paladins. I bet the additional damage increase from consecrate weapon or divine fury counts towards the 100 di cap from items, and with imbuing out, most people have that anyway.

What i see here is a change that requires people to put some more skillpoints into an support skill, and not more.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Divine Fury:
Max: 15 HCI, DI 20 SSI 15%
This is subject to the 100 DI cap from items

Consecrate:
Max Bonus Damage: 15% @ 120
This is not subject to the 100 DI cap from items.

Enemy of One:
Max Bonus Damage: 64% PvM
Max Bonus Damage: 16% PvP
This is not subject to the 100 DI cap from items.

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Divine Fury:
Max: 15 HCI, DI 20 SSI 15%
This is subject to the 100 DI cap from items
So theres no -20% DCI penalty anymore?

Also is there a chance you can add buff icons to Concecrate Weapon and Curse Weapon? Please?

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pretty much my exact feelings.
If its easily "worked" around, as a lot of peeps have already expressed opinions on, then what in tarnation do these changes affect, effect, and why even do them.
Ive been wanting a reason to 120 chiv since it came out, and this still wont motivate me.
Perhaps more chiv changes are still out there!!
For my sampire the solution will be to drop parry from 90 to 75 , that gets me to 90 chiv at ca. 20k karma. I feel that will be sufficient.
The only thing i see is the 15 ssi from 120 chiv. Combined with the 20 ssi you can have from items without to much trouble, that gives the ability to use 3s and 3.25s weapons without ssi on them ( needs 120/150 stam then ).
That would allow some interesting things.